Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Deliver the Mysterious Packages!||Job||Marceline||

Nekros
    Nekros

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The Sinful Horseman
    Position : None
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Adlinda
    Experience : 10,475

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Great Tree Ark
    Second Magic: Extraplanar Force
    Third Magic:

Deliver the Mysterious Packages!||Job||Marceline|| Empty Deliver the Mysterious Packages!||Job||Marceline||

Post by Nekros 10th March 2016, 11:26 am

325 Words
    ~~~
    King
    It was time, time for Jaeger to finally do a somewhat shady job. He wouldn't necessarily call it dark as the details about the packages were fairly... none existent, but something definitely didn't seem like he was doing something good. That didn't matter though, as he was raised to respect both sides of the coin and knew there needed to be a balance. Since he was doing other jobs that kind of helped the community over all, rather than people with darker thoughts, this was a good chance to help balance some of that out. Not only was he doing one, he was doing it with another member of his guild, someone who he had just recently formed a team with, Kogitsunemaru.

These two men were to go to Hargeon Town, grab some packages, and hide them around the city. What purpose does this serve? They don't know, the job details were a little fuzzy. They were to hide these packages, so the client does not want these things found easily. Whatever they were, it wasn't for them to ask about. However, the Brunette had a pretty great plan to hide some of the packages so doing that part of the job pretty great. The notice did warn of an increasing number of thugs, stating to take anyone out that got in the way. While the Great Tree Magic wasn't thrilled about it, but a job was a job.

Jaeger left a message for Kogitsunemaru that he was heading to the city early and to meet him by the docks. The man wanted to get a head start and look over the city, see how it was doing and how crowded the day it was gonna be. So far, it was moderate, somewhat busy and the noise level was on the high end of tolerable. He sighed and took up shop on a bench near the docks and awaited the arrival of the Wolf Man.
    Marshy @ THQ

Deliver the Mysterious Packages!||Job||Marceline|| Empty Re: Deliver the Mysterious Packages!||Job||Marceline||

Post by Guest 29th March 2016, 4:47 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS:  466  |  NOTES: ...
    A giggle escaped the woman's throat as she watched a brunette-haired man walking around the docks of Hargeon Town. He looked to be someone who was more of a legal mage than a dark mage, as it wasn't often she saw a man in a nice suit like his. Her pale, gray fingers curled around the edge of a box, knelt behind it to silently observe the Sleeping Forest mage. Red orbs flickered around with his movements, curious to know what the mage was doing down in the darker side of the town. Perhaps he wasn't exactly a legal mage, but those fabled independent mages, who took on both legal and dark jobs? Or maybe he was guildless and was doing this job simply because he wanted to; he intrigued her quite a bit. So much so, that the woman decided to come out from her hiding place and walk quietly toward the male.

Jaeger had stopped by a bench and sat down, so in order to avoid being seen, she quickly dispersed into ash and darted around to the backside. Who was he waiting for? Was he waiting for anyone at all or was he merely down here to relax and enjoy the seaside? The woman's ashes swirled together again, creating her form, and she tilted her head to the side, where she eyed him from behind more boxes. Marceline wasn't certain if it was the smartest thing to do and greet the man, not when she was a part of Savage Skull. Certainly, she was allowed to do as she pleased, but what would her guildmates think of her if she traversed with a legal mage? Maybe she should lop his head off? Bring it back to their guildmaster, Janneline, or... yes, she could do that, too. Again, the woman quietly stepped out from her hiding place, and instead of retreating to the shadows, walked solemnly up to Jaeger.

"Are you lost? Are you looking for something? Why are you down here in the docks?" she inquired in a lilted voice. Her head was slightly tilted to the side again, awaiting an answer from the devilishly handsome Sleeping Forest mage. Hm. . . he actually wasn't that bad looking at all, definitely someone she wouldn't mind starting a bloodline with. Perhaps, they would create lovely royalty together? No, no. . . she couldn't do that, it would jeopardize her reputation. Marcy blinked her darkened, fiery eyes at the man, then clasped her hands behind her back and twiddled her thumbs. It was awfully tempting, but there was something about the man that she couldn't quite trust about him. Was it his magic presence? No, no. . . that wasn't it. . . there was definitely something that threw her off about him though.
    credit goes to Lunar of GS & THQ
    Nekros
    Nekros

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Deliver the Mysterious Packages!||Job||Marceline|| Empty Re: Deliver the Mysterious Packages!||Job||Marceline||

Post by Nekros 30th March 2016, 7:42 pm

366 Words
    ~~~
    Marceline
    There was quite the presence around the docks. Death. Despair. The cold hands of the Grim reaper extending his reach out to take a soul. It was weird, he could feel the magic of someone moving around him, darting from one place to another, steadily getting closer and closer. Was it him that death has come for? Was it his time to bite the big one? Was Jaeger destined to die at the ripe young age of Nineteen, closing his life before the good chapters were to start. No, if it were, death would appear, getting the job done quickly. He must be a busy man, no need to dilly dally and waste time.

Shortly after the feeling appeared, the man got worried about his partner. Time had flown by, waiting on that bench. Perhaps something happened. Maybe the blond haired wolf man had gotten lost or found some other sort of trouble on the way in; It certainly wouldn't have been the first time. The man was thinking about the Job near Magnolia and chuckling a bit. The man was being chased by a horny Vulcan that had confused him for a woman. His chuckling quickly became a short fit of laughter. However, it quickly ended when a woman came up to him, inquiring why he was there on the dock.

”Hm? I was waiting on a friend to do a job...But uh.. He doesn't seem to be coming.”

The man replied before looking up. Noticing her was a mistake though; for when he looked up, he couldn't have imagined she'd look so cute. The woman was there, tilting her head in wonder. Her arms were wrapped around to her back. A smile grew on his face, she did remind him of Kanix, Long Black hair, fair skin, and a killer body. The women of today, how could the world afford to create all these wonderful figures of beauty. The man cleared his throat and steadily stood up.

”Where are my Manners. I am Jaeger. Pleased to meet you, My Dear.

As I was saying. My comrade hasn't shown up for this job, so It looks like im gonna have to do it alone.”

A Wild Beauty Appears.
    Marshy @ THQ

Post by Guest 31st March 2016, 4:24 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS:  497  |  NOTES: ...
    If Death had told her that Jaeger was the next one to die, then by now, his head would've been in her hands. She would've been standing there with his skull and reciting Shakespearean poetry before dusting it all away. Alas, Death had not told her anyone was to die that day, so she was left to her own devices and means of entertainment. Leaving the confines of Savage Skull and traveling wherever the wind took her, which resulted in her coming here. The man standing before her was becoming less intriguing, however, as he was taking far too long to answer her. What peasant would take forever to answer their queen when she had asked of them a very easy question? Marceline moved her hands from behind her back to crossed over her chest, now glaring down at the seated man.

Ah, but it seemed that this man's partner had ditched him from the job, as he had never appeared to begin it. The woman cleared her throat and nodded in response to Jaeger, her facial expression shifting from that of boredom to interest again. She wondered if she should offer her services to him, help him out a bit if only in exchange for something for herself. But would that mark her as a legal mage of sorts? Helping out others? Oh, she couldn't handle being marked as one of them. Her nose wrinkled up in disgust at her thoughts, though the expression quickly disappeared as it had come. "I see. . . don't you hate it when all those people that you put your trust in just ditch you because they have better things? I wonder why your partner left you? Maybe they thought you too weak? Didn't want to associate themselves with a loser?"

Her eyes followed him as he stood up and introduced himself to her, where she only nodded again in acknowledgement. "Yes, yes. . . Jaeger," she repeated his name, closing her eyes and thinking upon the uniqueness of it. "Well, Jaeger, how about this. . . seeing as your partner has decided to ditch you, I'd be more than pleased to grace your presence with myself on this mission of yours. Besides, my love, I wouldn't ever dream of leaving you alone for a second. . . you're far too cute to betray!" Marcy giggled and clasped her hands behind her back again, taking on a cutesy look before a dark aura passed over her. "I promise you, I can make you into the baddest person there is, make you that big, strong man for that woman of yours in your life. . . if you have one that is." She would have been all over him now, trying to seduce him, but she kept her distance, so as not to injure him with her aura.

"What do you say, Big Boy? Care for me to help?" Marcy teased, awaiting an answer from the seemingly saddened Sleeping Forest mage.

Last edited by Marceline Anicetus on 3rd April 2016, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 31st March 2016, 8:38 pm

396 Words
    ~~~
    Marceline
    The cutie took to a rather dark place when she replied. She was being rather insulting. Was he truly that weak? Was he a loser? These questions haunted him, realizing he couldn't be the one he needed to be for the ones he loved. The words she spoke could very well be true one day. Unfortunately for the man, he wasn't quite sure on how he should reply to these insults. Jaeger was quite fond of beautiful women, however; their insults stung more than any other. It was hard to keep something like that bottled, keeping the pain of simple words from a Radiant stranger hidden under a smile.

Favorably, the brunette wizard didn't need to wait too long for a change of topic. Marceline offered to take the place of the abandoning guild-mate, gracing him with her ever so lovely presence. What a deal! Not only did he get a compliment, of sorts, Jaeger was to gain the company of such a stunning lady. It didn't end there, after making that wonderful and cute look again, she also promised power, something he could use to protect the ones he loves and cherishes. Proposals such as this usually came with drawbacks or a debt to be paid. What would the man have to give the woman in return? Either way, who could turn down such a tempting offer? Certainly not Jaeger.

”Such a... Tempting offer. I would quite enjoy the company of such a captivating woman such as yourself, Love.

But at some point, we will have to chat about what you'd like in return for... making me the baddest person.”

The 'Big Boy' replied with a charming grin ad playful wink just before turning and walking passed her. Presently, he was accepting her offer on both accounts despite making light of it. It didn't really matter what she wanted. The promise of power to protect what he loved was rather intriguing. Once reaching some nearby steps out of the dock, he stopped and waited to see how the woman would walk with him before continuing. Soon, they would set off to their next desination.

”The job is pretty simple, Gorgeous. All we have to do is pick up some packages and hide them around the city. Only thing we really gotta look for is some thugs that may roam the back alleys and such.”
    Oh, the Seduction.
    Marshy @ THQ

Post by Guest 1st April 2016, 11:34 am

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS:  462  |  NOTES: ...
    "Thugs are, by no means, any trouble for me," she responded in a giddy manner as she followed him farther along the docks. It was her job to take care of pests like them, for the world didn't need them when there were ones with better potential. Jaeger didn't know she was a dark mage, however, so she kept that bit of information to herself as she spoke. Right now, she had fooled him into believing that she could make such a promise as that; him finding out her status would be bad. Not to mention, but if Janneline ever found out about her promising to others, it was likely that she would get in trouble for them. After all, she shouldn't be promising people things she couldn't give back, when all she took was life around her. Marcy was clearly a taker and not a giver, and that was the hard part about being this way, as she had many expecting from her.

"Nor do I need anything in return for helping you better yourself, even I would be jealous if you got so strong!" the woman stated. She was merely trying to inflate his ego because she was quite curious to know more about this man before her. Perhaps she would manage to get something out of this, such as an obedient pet, ready to defend her when needed? No, that sounded like such a harsh request for a man that had been so sweet to her thus far in their meeting. Marceline would leave him alone for now, nodding only when he said that all they would be doing is hiding packages. That sounded simple enough, but it also sounded like something that she would easily get bored of after a while. "So, all we are doing is hiding packages? Well, where are the packages the least to say? I think we need those."

Her eyes darted around the dock's area, expecting to see small packaging to carry around and not large boxes. Though, perhaps that's what they were carrying around, and she began to wonder how that would work for her. She couldn't touch things without rotting them, and wood especially loved to rot rather quickly in her hands. This job was panning out to be not so much of a great idea anymore when it came down to her magic getting in the way. Marcy hummed a little as she thought, but her eyes soon darted down to the flooring, where hole had begun to appear. Would Jaeger see that as more of a burden like she did? She could potentially ruin the job by accidentally opening a package. What were in those packages anyway? Why did they need to be hidden when they were already disclosed?
    Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 3rd April 2016, 3:26 pm

567 Words
    ~~~
    Marceline

The woman was following behind him, looking almost as if she wanted to keep her distance. What was she doing so far away? She was being friendly with her replies, flirtatious even, but why wouldn't she walk next to him? Sure, his laid back and scraggly looks could make him looks like a classy hobo, but Jaeger was a rather clean person! For him to smell that bad, there was no way! Though, he had to be sure. The man lifted his arms into the air, playing it off as a stretch. After all, he was sitting on that bench waiting for some time. The mage then rolled his head, as if he were trying to pop his neck, taking a quick whiff of his pits. Nothing. There wasn't a good smell, but he definitely did not smell bad.

So, he took a moment to slowly walk along, trying to allow the Seductress to catch up. It would be rather rude, as a gentleman, to stroll so far a head. Once she caught up, he would begin walking at a normal pace once more,taking them both to the package pick up point.

”They are just thugs, I suppose. It'd be hard to find people doing mages work that couldn't handle a few pests like that.”

The man said and put his hands into his jacket pockets as he walked. He was beginning to notice certain effects around the area. Boxes were slowly crumbling or degrading. The rocks and stone path they walked was almost as if death was sucking the life out of the near by objects. Up a head, a tree could be spotted. It couldn't have been 40 feet from the two and even its leafs were withering away. The trunk was subtly shrinking, losing its life. What an odd abnormality. Even his own skin was slowly decaying, turning a soft shade of gray. With the strange feeling before and what was going on around the area, death was clearly here.

”...”

Underneath the graying skin of Jaeger, blush started to show through. His resistance to the woman was slowly crumbling away. The man was feeling... special. The flirts and ego stroking compliments were working. Not too much of an accomplishment, Jaeger did love the ladies and being complimented in such a way, it would only lead to him getting a bigger head. With acceptance, he skipped over it  with out replying. He can't admit that he was this easy.

”Yeah, we're just hiding them. Job details say the packages should be just up here. Not much other informa..”

The wizard was saying as they approached the tree. Being the man he was, Jaeger tried to show off a bit. So instead of walking around like a normal person, he merged into one side and walked out of the other side. Unfortunately, he didn't think to stop talking as he did so.

ally. Just gotta scatter them across the city.”[/b][/color][/size]

Soon enough, the two made it to the pick-up location mentioned in the job flier. There were five packages, all roughly the same size. There was nothing out of the ordinary, except that they were completely covered in runes. Everything around them was crumbling and breaking down, except for this packages.

”Guess these are what we need. Any preference on how we do this, split up or just take it slow and deliver them together?”

Spell(s) Used: ---
    Buff: Legendary+ Weapon Boost +5% MP.
    Total MP: 105%.
    Remaining MP: 105%.
    Damage Taken: -40 for Marceline's Punish Aura
    Health Points: 160/200

Total Mission WC: 3079/6,250 (WC up to this point, including this post).
    The Withering Effect~
    Marshy @ THQ

Post by Guest 6th April 2016, 7:05 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 658   |  NOTES: counts as two
    Marceline's demonic eyes shifted toward Jaeger, noticing the slight bout of movement from him as he stretched and rolled his neck. It looked awfully suspicious to her, but she couldn't blame him if he felt stiff from sitting on that bench for who knows how long. Her eyes darted away from him and looked around at the docks, taking in how some of the boxes had already rotted and fell apart. This had been a mistake coming here because she would surely ruin the contents of the packages they needed to hide. She scrunched her eyebrows together in thought, pursing her lips, and wondering if it was worth just leaving him alone. A promise was a promise though and she had said that she would help him out in replace of the partner who abandoned him. What if that partner hadn't abandoned him though? What if she had just up and taken that partner's spot?

"Please, stay away from me," Marcy asked of Jaeger, now noticing that his skin was beginning to gray with the rest of the world. Before long, it would start falling off and she didn't want that to happen to him when she had not been ordered to kill. As long as she didn't touch him, herself, perhaps he would be fine; maybe the decay would only turn his skin her color. She could wish that all she wanted, but she knew the power of her curse and she knew that wasn't all it was going to do. He spoke of menial thugs, of the lowlife robbers, the street rats and riffraff, all people who stole petty things. Her magic could take them down with ease, but it was a matter of making sure she didn't leave a mess behind. Oh, and Jaeger, too. . . he would probably want to show off and try to protect her from all of the dangers out there.

They were nearing a tree, that looked to be taken to Death as it was, wilted over, branches hanging, leaves falling. Jaeger was talking and halfway through his sentence, it cut off and she was startled by the quick drop of speech. The woman looked over, only to notice that he walked through a tree as if he was some sort of apparition, her eyes widening. O-oh D-God. . . D-Did I forget to lock up a soul before I was done with everything? Is that why he looks so pale all of a sudden? I-I can't let Him find out, he'll surely have my ass handed to me on a silver platter for letting a precious soul get away! Marceline cleared her throat and relaxed her face, noticing that some of the muscles were strained and beginning to hurt. She didn't want him wondering what was going on or believing that he was some kind of spirit she forgot to lock up.

"Uh. . . Ah, yeah. . . yeah. . . we can just take our time with these and bring them where they need to be," she responded nonchalantly. She maneuvered a little closer to Jaeger, reaching out to touch his back while he was distracted by the packages. "I mean, unless you want us to just take them all now at once and bring them to their location, that's fine, too. I can summon up a few henchmen to help us carry these boxes to their destination. . . given if that's what you want." If he hadn't a clue what she was doing yet, the woman would place her hand on his upper back and try to draw out the life energy he was made from. All that was needed was to store up the energy phantoms used to show themselves and she'll be on her way! "I wouldn't make you carry all of them, but I'm just saying, I might not be that strong to carry more than one or two. . ."
    Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 10th April 2016, 4:05 pm

Rolling for Thug.
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 10th April 2016, 4:05 pm

The member 'Nekros' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Deliver the Mysterious Packages!||Job||Marceline|| NormalMonster
    Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 10th April 2016, 5:38 pm

486 Words
    ~~~
    Marceline

What was wrong? The Goddess requested him to stay away, but could he? Perhaps it was out of fear. The two mages had only met a short time ago; Was she worried he would do something after getting his ego stroked? Jaeger wouldn't dare harm her, something else was eating at her and the area around them. A strange magic was at foot and as time went on, the man was slowly figuring that Marceline was the cause. The magic she used, would seem to be some sort of death magic. It was really the only possibility besides Death himself being in the port.

The two stood in front of the boxes. The contents of their missions was just spread around some crates and barrels, even the dusty ol' ground. For a job that required one to hide things, you'd think the containers needing to be hid would be.... better placed. Attached to one of the packages was a folded up note. It described and details spots in which these items were to be placed and hid at. Oh what luck! One of the locations was right here, a few steps away from the group of boxes. Honestly, it was luck and a surprise. Perhaps it was a bit of a test. The contractor could be around, watching the dou to see how they could handle the simple job.

With a nab of a runed box, the Great Tree Mage slowly sank into the planet below them. This was his plan, to simply leave the packages in the ground or nearby tree. It was perfect, no one would think to look inside a tree or the street below for whatever was they were hiding away. Shortly after completely submerging himself into the planet, Jaeger rose back up, facing the other way to look at Marceline. The man was still partially in the ground, leaving his feet beneath the ground for now.

”This is gonna be pretty easy, huh?”

”I'd say... Give me everything you have!”

A Wild Thug appears! Battle Music starts to play, it was time for a fight. The man was dressed in a dirty maroon shirt with a leather jacket over it. The jeans he was wearing were in poor condition, ripped, scraped, and most of its color has been replaced with dirt and filth. The Thug uses Mean Look. The first move had been made, the man tried to use an intimating look to keep the mages from fleeing. Jaeger Chuckled and was ready for his own attack! Jaeger used Vine Whip! Two vines sprouted and broke through the ground, wiggling their way and whipping the thug straight in the face. Unfortunately for the Thug, Jaeger was a higher level. The whips worked perfectly and the Thug fainted.

The gentleman turned to look at Marceline with a smile.

”Shall we be going.... uh... I dont think you ever Shared your name, Beautiful.”

Spell(s) Used: One with Earth Land - 17%||Vine Whip -17%
    Remaining MP: 59%.
    Damage Taken: ----
    Health Points: 160/200.

Total Mission WC: 4223/6,250.
    The Withering Effect~
    Marshy @ THQ

Post by Guest 12th April 2016, 5:21 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 713   |  NOTES: counts as two
    Death was in their current area and while she may not have looked like Him in any way, shape, or form, she was Him. She took the lives of everything around her from the measly NPC Earthland critter to the full-blown NPC adult human. It didn't matter what they were, how old they were, et cetera; if they were in her aura of death, then they would be killed. That life would then be restored to her, retaining that immortality she had been so graciously given by Death. It wasn't a gracious gift to her, however. No, it was a curse that she had to live everyday of her God forsaken life. Why couldn't she just die and stay dead for once? Why did she have to keep rising from the grave every time one of her soul collectors brought her a soul? For once in her life, she simply wanted to rest peacefully and by "rest peacefully," stay dead for as long as she was meant to. Unfortunately, she wouldn't be able to do that until Death released her from his contract or she became Death entirely.

Marceline picked up the second of the remaining boxes while Jaeger had picked up the first and hid it in its new location. Holding the box in her arms, the woman watched as the man merged into the ground and stored the package there. Watching him was mildly intriguing to her, as she hadn't come to realize yet that he was still a living man and not a spirit. She was amazed by how he could hold something tangible, while he, himself, was something of intangibility. Spirits were creatures she had yet to come to understand; souls were the living force of a person, but spirits. . . spirits were the personality. They were the remnants of things past and to be interacting with one was of mild importance to the immortal mage. It was an experience she could finally have a taste of and found that it was delightful to be able to interact with them.

He was a spirit though and unfortunately, she would have to capture him again at some point and send him back to the spirit realm. Spirits belonged there after all and not in the living world, where they could become stuck from unrest or revenge. Why she cared so much for the safety of spirits and souls, she wasn't entirely sure, but figured it had to do with her magic. In some way, she was a necromancer and it was her job to make sure the ones she slaughtered passed on to the next life. Of course, that didn't mean their next life was safe from her, for she had access to all realms of living and dead. While it wasn't all that bad having access to those worlds, it sometimes became a nuisance when they escaped. Jaeger was one of those instances because if Death found out about her mistake, who knows what punishment she'd receive.

Marcy was brought out of her reverie when someone shout at them, depending to give everything they had to them.

She was about to make a move toward the thug when vine whips came out of thing air, whizzed past her, and slapped the thug in the face. Astonishment grabbed hold of her facial features and she stared in awe as the man went down in a single hit. However, the box in her hands was getting heavy and instead of staring for an eternity like she would have, she went over to the edge of the docks. Marceline released her grasp on the box and let it drop into the water as instructed by the piece of paper, watching as it sunk. Afterward, the woman dusted her hands off and returned to Jaeger's side, catching the wink he threw at her. If it wasn't for the fact that she had no blood in her body to rush to her cheeks, she would've been caught blushing. Marcy cleared her throat and tugged at the collar of her cloak nervously, looking abruptly away from him as he asked her for her name.

"Marceline," the lady answered in a soft voice, which quickly built up boldness and strength as she finished, "Marceline Anicetus."
    Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 20th April 2016, 3:13 pm

522 Words
    ~~~
    Marceline

Two packages down, and 3 more to go. One was in the ground beneath them and the other in the ocean nearby. The others were deeper into the city near market stalls, alleys, and other common places. Outside of the random and crowded places, there was no need to have this job listed as C-rank. The thugs themselves maybe if more than one or two showed up at once, but they're more annoying than anything. Could it be whats in these runed boxes? Was what was in them so important? Unfortunately, the duo were not allowed to open them.

Once the nuisance was dealt with, the woman would speak her name. She seemed to be fairly flustered as she spoke up. Marceline was soft and quiet at first, almost embarrassed of her self. Was her name that bad? So far “Marceline” was lovely name. However, that soft and sweet tone wouldnt last long. For when she spouted out her full name, the woman's voice would be bold and filled with much fervor. ”Anicetus... Sounds Ancient and old... Maybe Old Royalty?” The man thought of as his beautiful companion spoke up.

”Marceline Anicetus.... A lovely name.”

The man said continuing his soft smile as he picked up two more packages, one being placed under each arm. It was time for the two to begin distributing the rest of the boxes they had and get their reward. Jaeger turned to the Gorgeous Marceline.

Now, shall we be going, Marceline?”

The Brunette wizard turned and started to slowly head towards the other locations. The closest one to them currently is a few blocks away near the main market place. There would surely be tons of people there, making it a bit difficult to hide these packages. Sure, with his merging, the man could just place them out of reach so even if he was seen, it wouldn't matter, but if these things needed to be hidden, why place it in a crowded area? It was strange. Speaking of strange...

”Hey Marceline, have you been noticing anything strange in town today? Like the tree I merged with, it shouldn't have been rotting and dead like that. As we've walked, I've noticed things like crates and rocks looked like they were decaying, breaking down, even my skin seems a bit gray, like all life was being drained from it.

and before all that, I felt like death was stalking me for a while. Weird, right? Maybe it's an omen about the town itself, like something big is about to happen.”

The man was making small talk as they made their way to the Market, something to fill their time walking; well, as much walking as one could do when merged with the ground. A side from all the death like happenings, today was looking up. The sun was out and shining and the clouds were slowly passing by. One minor inconvenience was all the the people in town. The noise of them talking, bartering, and general socializing was annoying him; though it wasn't enough to put his mood off while the stunning woman was a round.

Spell(s) Used: -
    Remaining MP: 59%.

Total Mission WC: 5458/6,250.
    Onward to the 3rd Location!
    Marshy @ THQ

Post by Guest 23rd April 2016, 7:34 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 939   |  NOTES: counts as three
    The thugs were menial creatures to her, as portrayed when Nekros had been able to take down the thug in just one hit. Because of such a weak nature to them, Marceline did not care if a hundred thugs appeared before them to stop them. She could easily take them down all in a single hit and it would not take that much energy from her to do so. As for what was inside these boxes? She could care very little to what contents that these containers held inside of them. If the contractor did not want them to know what was inside, then she would not try to see what was in them. Besides, what would she get out of knowing what was in them if, for say, their contents did nothing to benefit her? Marcy would simply know what was inside them and the information would be utterly useless to her.

Jaeger was correct in his though, Marceline was of royal nature, though by now that kingdom had long since died out. She was, to say the least, royalty that no longer existed, but still held that nature within her last name, Anicetus. As such, her name was that of the unconquerable king of her former homeland, to which her last name meant "unconquerable." Likewise, that name of hers stood for what she was, as she was the embodiment of decay, of death, and thus. . . unconquerable. Not a single being in the world could defy the nature of death, itself, unless they had become immortal in some way. Though in this world, there were very few who were able to defy that which claimed all by the simple means of immortality. Among those, she, herself, happened to be one of immortality, but that was because of what her magic allowed her.

If it had not been for the fact that not a single drop of blood ran through her veins, she would have been blushing. No one had ever complimented her on her name and if they had, it was usually out of fear and because she forced them to. People didn't like those with the last name of Anicetus, simply because the king who held the name had been tyrannical. Like her father before her, she was of that nature as well; abrasive and unlikable because of how she treated people. They were, but pawns in her game of life, things that she could easily use to get her way with things when needed. She could toss them aside like used toys that she no longer wanted and have them killed off with a snap of her finger. Very few of those people were people who she liked though, and they were ones she put her full trust into.

"We shall," she answered him, though ignoring the compliment she had been given by him, as she had not known how to respond. With that being said, the woman would pick up the final box, still slightly intrigued by how it did not rot away. These boxes runes encoded on them were designed to keep themselves from being hurt by any kind of magic. She guessed that because she was not truly death, herself, that her abilities were just as everyone else, magic. Marcy did not mind this at all for at least she would be able to help Jaeger finish up the job and be on her way. Besides, she didn't want to be seen much by legal mages, not when she was one of a dangerous nature to begin with. To be seen around a legal mage would mean that she was turning soft and she did not want to disappoint Dubhlainn.

Of course, as they began to walk, Jaeger would bring up how the world around them was beginning to slowly decay. This upset the young woman slightly as she knew the very reason as to why the wood and the trees were hurting. It was she who was killing them off and not because she wanted to, but because her magic called for their death. She could not be immortal, undying, if nothing around her suffered for the gift that she had been given by Death. Marceline, in response to Jaeger, had kept quiet about the matter for a moment, wondering if she should tell him. If she told him, would he see her any differently than what he saw her now? Would he see her as a monster? For that was what she was. She was a monster and just as Dubhlainn had wanted, she should have been killed.

"I-It's me doing all of that," she finally answered him, her eyes being kept locked onto the rune box she held. She did not want to look at Jaeger when she had given him the answer he had been looking for, fearful of what he thought. "My magic is what is killing everything around you; it is what gives me the ability to stay immortal when others die. I take their life, so that I can live forever, but I do not wish for such a thing to happen to them, it is just a consequence. I want to apologize if it hurts you in anyway, for it is not me that is willing it to do so; it has a mind of its own. It takes what it wants when it wants, and I have no control over what it takes. I am simply its carrier that bides by Death, himself." At this point, Marceline felt she had explained her magic enough without giving too much detail, and fell silent.
    Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 26th April 2016, 6:53 am

626 Words
    ~~~
    Marceline

A master and pet, growing closer. What else could be more beautiful in this moment besides Marceline? Nothing. Most of the world fell away as they travelled and worked on this job. The Pale Death Queen would share something with him, something that Jaeger could only describe as private information, something she was saddened by. It was the next step in their relationship as MAster and Pet, whether or not either of them knew was a different story. The man himself was confused by it, how attached he was becoming to a woman he had just met, though not the first time.

His Girlfriend, Kanix, was almost in the same boat. A beautiful, Black-haired woman that would have misfortune chase her around. The only difference between the two, as far as Jaeger could see, was Kanix was not as pale and had bigger breasts. However, he could tell the way he feels was different. He loved Kanix, the man wanted to make her the happiest woman alive, but Marceline, how he felt for her was slightly different. The path between the two was leading him to be obsessed with her, protect and serve a Queen, to carry her and essentially just become her slave or pet.

The man’s thoughts were broken by the reply by Marceline. She had been the cause of the decay and death in Hargeon. Death was following her, it’s infected her and become her magic. A magic, like death, that cannot be easily controlled and tends to run rampant with its own will. Sadness had taken hold of her, the lady wasn’t wanting to look Jaeger in the face as she described her magic and answered his questions. Being immortal by unwillingly taking lives, what a hard life to live. Such an unfortunate thing to happen to such a sweet and lovely woman.

”Marceline… I kind of figured you had something to do with it.”

The man had replied just after coming back out of the ground. He gazed at her face, seeing the sadness that came with being an Immortal being, kept alive by death itself. Jaeger shuffled himself over to the beautiful woman and smiled. He couldn’t bring himself to feel disgusted or hatred for this female. Life and death, it was all apart of nature. Sure, her magic speeds up the process, possibly taking lives before their natural time, but there isn’t much one can do about it.

”Death is a part of Life, Love. Like you said, it’ll take what it wants when it wants and there isn’t much you or anyone else can do. You don’t need to apologize to me for something out of your control. Life can come just as easily as death, look.”

The wizard told her, putting his hand out towards an empty area close by. A magic circle appeared and the ground began to crack and split. Soon enough, a large tree sprouted and grew, becoming apart of the normal environment. Jaeger was able to create life, sure not like human or animal life, but nature. He was able to grow and bring into existence real life that won't disappear because it was done with magic.

[size=14]”I get it, you’re not able to control the thing that takes lives, but you don’t need to be sadden by it. Death comes and goes in life, there’s not much that can be done about it.”

Jaeger moved his free hand to her cheek, trying to comfort her. His feelings were unknowingly grow for the Death Queen. His hormones fluctuating and fluttering about, causing him to just act with care and affection.

Spell(s) Used: Tree Summon - 12% MP.
    Remaining MP: 47% MP.

Total Mission WC: 7023/6,250.
    Onward to the 3rd Location!
    Marshy @ THQ

Post by Guest 2nd May 2016, 7:52 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 900   |  NOTES: counts as three
    How could he have figured so easily that it was she, who had been the one decaying all those cartons and boxes around them? She was taken aback by how abrupt and straightforward he had been in his answer toward her own response. For how long had he known that she was the one that Death followed with every footstep, destroying what was around her? Was it that easy to tell that she was the one who carried the burden of living as an embodiment of what too like? Just how easily could she be spotted by those around her, those who were human and helpless and fled her magic? What of the Magic Council? Would they be able to easily spot her without even trying to look around for the beauty? Her magic was so distinct among all the other times, that it wouldn't be so much as a difficulty to hunt her down?

Were they looking for her now? If so, how much longer would it be before one of the Rune Knights found her? Better yet, what would happen if the Rune Knight who found her, had been the one who belonged to her family? What if it had been her brother, of all the military men, to have found her walking around with this mage right now? Would he kill her on the spot? No, she could not die. Death was not an option. Would he take her to the council dungeons? A frown appeared on her face as these thoughts buzzed through her head like gnats, never wanting to go away. They disrupted her mentality and ruined what had once been peaceful thinking and hopeful wishing with another man. Marceline sighed and let her eyes draw toward the Sleeping Forest mage, though no words yet escaped her lips.

She swallowed a lump in her throat and let her eyes drift away from the mage again, only to have them go back. For once in her life, she couldn't keep her eyes off him, though it was curiosity that bubbled below the surface. Not a single drop of love or affection boiled under the skin of this woman, toward the man who endeared to her. He was a nice fellow and she did not want to destroy his mentality with unruly things that rummaged through her mind. A slave was not an option to her, a servant though was something that she didn't mind having around the castle. Perhaps, Jaeger would be interested in such a task? No, now was not the time to think of such ungodly things. What brought her attention to him the most, was that he was already aware that it was her rotting the boxes.

"So, you knew all along? Why didn't you tell me that you knew? Jaeger, this magic is not something to joke about!"

Anger ran through her veins now toward this man, clearly upset that he hid this information from her. Why had he not told her that he knew? It would have been so much easier on her than to think he didn't know. It would have saved her the pain of having to explain her magic to him, when all she wanted was not to think of it. Why did he have to bring this topic up? Couldn't he have just said something other than asking about why things decayed? Decaying was just a part of the life cycle, a system that cleared out the deceased to make room for the living. This was how her magic worked, but on a scale far stronger than that of what the natural decay system did. Her magic took without care and did not take notice of the balance of life and death when it was most necessary.

"You don't and never will understand," she repeated, this being her most favorite sentence when talking to someone. They tended to sympathize with her, but in actuality, no one could understand the pain that she felt with it all.

Again, that same feeling washed over her, one that she could explain if she tried because emotions lacked in her. They were there, still, but she did not understand what they were after so many centuries of never truly feeling. Her body had become immune to what would be considered the norm, left wondering what was true and what wasn't. Her mind could not comprehend even the simplistic form of emotion, and left her to simply mimicking what others portrayed. If she could get a handle on how emotions were displayed by those around, feeling truly would no longer be needed for her. She could simply pick the gesture she saw that mimicked a feeling that she thought she felt, and show it to others. Whether the gesture would be taken correctly by the other party was completely up to them and if not, oh well.

Unfortunately, she was saddened by the thought and now, her main focus was to simply get this job over with. She was no longer interested by this man if he was simply going to sympathize with her, when he did not understand.

Marceline would pull back as he tried to brush her cheek with his fingers and scuttle away from him a bit. From now it, it was likely best to keep her distance from him, so as not to grow an attachment to him.

Last edited by Marceline Anicetus on 22nd May 2016, 1:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 10th May 2016, 6:16 am

422 Words
    ~~~
    Marceline

Oh, Marceline was not happy about him figuring it out. She clearly did not want to explain her magic. She thought he was joking about her life stealing magic that she hated, he wasn’t of course. He may be a bit of a troll, but this wasn’t something the man would want to joke about. Jaeger wasn’t completely sure she was the cause of it anyway. He didn’t want to seem like he was accusing her of something or blaming her for what was going on. She even went so far as to pull away from him as he attempted to comfortingly rub her cheek.

It may be true, perhaps the nature mage didn’t understand or get the full extent of her magic. Comparing it to natural death and life, it didn’t really sit too well with his Queen. The nature mage definitely made a mistake bringing up the issue.

”Look, Marceline, I’m sorry. I didn’t come right out and say it because I didn’t want to blame or accuse you of something. So far, you have been rather sweet and wonderful to me. Clearly, I don’t know the whole extent of this and as you said, I don’t understand it as much as I thought.

Maybe we can sit down sometime, when you’re comfortable with it, you can help me to better understand what you are going through or what it means to have that sort of magic.”

Jaeger said, he didn’t want to like just dismiss her or try to upset her even further. THe man was genuinely curious now to know what the woman was going through. However, perhaps they should drop it for now, when Marceline really was a bit more comfortable with him. They had just met, even though he had some strange connection to her, something that was drawing him to want to be closer with her, Jaeger shouldn’t be putting her in situations such as this.

The brunette man kept himself merged and start to shuffle about towards the fourth location. Thanks to him, the air among them had gotten a bit… stale or awkward. The next package was to be placed in a park like location, inside a trash can that sat next to a bench. Clearly, if they wanted the package hidden, putting it in a trashcan that can be taken and replaced wouldn’t do. So Jaeger, like he had done times before, dove down into the and left the package just below the surface.

Total Mission WC: 8345/6,250.
    I'm sorry...
    Marshy @ THQ

Post by Guest 22nd May 2016, 9:18 am

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 694   |  NOTES: counts as two
    Someone knew of her destructive magic, the next step for them would to be to run away from her because she was amassed evil. In reality, decay was only the natural process that all living things went through when they had passed on from this world to the next. It was the action of cleaning up the world in order to make room for other living beings to take habit where ones had once died. No one could escape the horribleness of the world, itself; in the sense of them, everything was expendable to a point. When they died, their bodies would become one with the earth again, their bones sunken into the earth, their flesh turned to nothing. Their organs would be utilized for other things, either to feed the carnivorous beasts or to fertilize the ground beneath them. Such was the beauty of decay to her, though to others they would be grossed out by the factor of which it was, in a sense, gruesome.

She found it kind of him to stick close to her, even though he knew the expense of standing so close to one who was of Death, Himself. Marceline bit her lip, and after a while of walking beside him and keeping her distance from him, she scooted closer. It was only a small step toward him, but it was enough to show that she was overcoming what emotions had flooded her mind.

"Jaeger, not all things are bad in the world; somethings, like my magic for instance, are simply a natural process in the world. I figure because of how gruesome the magic can get, that you would assume I was a destructive being and would no longer want to be around me. For Hell's sake, you're standing in what you don't know as my death aura; my magic is literally eating away at your skin. Just. . . my magic is not one of those things that can be easily explained, not even scientists fully understand the nature of decay. In the end, what my magic is, is something that not even I know of, myself, with how immeasurable of destruction it can make," Marceline quietly explained to him.

While it was nice that he was trying to understand the emotions and the thoughts going through her head, it just wasn't possible. Emotions to Marceline were things that she didn't understand, herself, anymore; things that were just sensations. Her body lacked the ability to sense those things, lacked the nervous system that allowed her to feel pain, touch, et cetera. The world was a cruel place and over three hundred years ago, it was a far crueler place than what it was now. Oxygen toxicity could easily be taken care of nowadays, but when she was alive all those years ago, doctors didn't even know what it was. Her magic, in that sense, was what was making up for all of those years she wasn't allowed to live her life. Except, her magic was exceeding what she had wished for from Death, and she supposed she had not read the fine print.

The more that Marceline watched Jaeger merge with the ground and through objects, such as this trashcan, the less she wanted to catch him. He was not, in fact, a spirit at all, rather he was simply a mage with the ability to merge himself into the ground. It was something never before seen by her, and unfortunately, she had become so involved with watching him, she forgot she had her own package. This was the fifth and final package, and as she blinked her eyes and blinked back at it, her task flooded back to her mind. She was to hide this in a building, but considering the buildings around her, she figured it would be too easily stolen. Perhaps, she could get Jaeger to merge the box into the ground of the building or disguise it as something else? "Hey, Jaeger? The fifth location asks for us to hide the box in a building in the area, do you think you could merge this into the building's floor?" she asked him.
    Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 23rd May 2016, 8:34 pm

402 Words
    ~~~
    Marceline

Death was such an Natural anomaly, one that is usually seen as evil. Though, as Marceline said, not everything in this world was bad. The processes of Death and decay was normal, nothing wrong with it. It was a force of nature no one wanted to deal with, it always had sadness, anger, and other such emotions attached for those left alive. It was understandable how such a thing would get a bad rap. What makes it worse, visually, is the decaying processes, in which whatever perishes just breaks down and erodes away. Even his skin, as she brought up, was slowly decaying the longer he was close to her. This fact, didn’t really bother him, like he said before, death was natural. If it was his time, who was he to fight it?

Jaeger nodded to her, showing her his understanding. He didn’t want to press the issue any more than needed. The air around them felt awkward enough, the man really didn’t want to push anymore of her buttons. With that in mind, the two set off to finish this job of theirs, well, of his. He was grateful for the assistance and company of such a fine woman. Much better than having… what’s his face along for the ride. It was a shame that his guildmate didn’t show up, but who could complain about how things turned out?

Marceline and Jaeger eventually made it to the last stop; A building like any other, an unsuspecting location no one would think to look. Even so, Marceline thought it best to have Jaeger merge the package beneath the floor. Just like last time, it’d probably be the best for the job, but she should probably really do it herself. Despite this, Jaeger was compelled or rather, his wants influenced. The mage nabbed the package from his wonderful Queen, Marceline. He shuffled and slithered up to the building, sinking slowly into the ground beneath him and placing the remaining package just under the floor.

The man came out, the job was finished. It was time to meet the “client” and pick up their pay. The two shuffled around the town, after Marceline almost Vomited up her guts. The client chatter with them about, asking about where the packages were at. After such an exchange, Jaeger gave his half of the jewels to his Queen, and carried her away, though through her magic.

Total Mission WC: 9,441/6,250.
    It's done...
    Marshy @ THQ

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:49 am