Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss]

Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss] Empty Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss]

Post by Guest 10th February 2016, 8:22 am

if i'm a danger to myself
    Just think what I could do to you
    tagged

Size Matters:

Clover Town had been one of the easier places to get to, though it did mean the use of a boat to reach its base land. Marschal didn't mind that so much; he had felt that he was getting better at handling the rocking motion of waters. No, he really wasn't. He could still be found hanging over the side of the boat, awaiting certain doom from seasickness. It was unfortunate, and Marschal didn't know why he couldn't handle riding on boats when his father had previously been a fisherman. Nor could his brain connect the dots that it was his father's violent death on the fishing ship that caused his inherent seasickness. For now, though, the young mage would believe himself getting better, and quietly get off the wobbling rowboat. He would turn around on the dock and help Corliss out of the boat if she hadn't already gotten out, then make their way into town.

"Okay... So, it says here that Mrs. Cartigan has lost her wedding ring in her garden, and she's requesting help from mages to find it. Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to be shrunken down to around two centimeters in height in order to find it," Marschal spoke up. He was reading over the job notice again, this time more clearly and precisely, so they knew what they were doing. "She said that when she shrinks us, our powers scale down as well; therefore, I'm guessing weaker is what she means." Marschy was hoping that wasn't true, and he would reach down to his hip and pat the gourd of alcohol attached to his belt. If it was to be true, just how weaker would their magic become, and how much bigger would the opponents be? The mage would fold the paper back up and stuff it into his pocket, running his fingers through his long, black-and-white hair.

Marschal cracked his knuckles shortly after, then followed the cracking of his neck and his back, as if he was preparing himself. "I hope your magic is as strong as you say it is," he would rumble out after having cracked every bone in his body. Not as if he doubted that Corliss would lie about her magic being strong; everyone was strong in their magic. His, of course, was the strangest of magics, that required him to drink alcohol in order to be able to access the spells. As unfortunate as that was, and how he had vowed never to drink again, this type of magic was quite strong. Plus, he had the upside of his weapon, which meant he didn't have to entirely rely on his magic to fight with.

[448 words; counts as 2 posts]

Corliss
    Corliss

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Marksman's Aim
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None (as of yet)
    Experience : 212.50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Rose Make Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss] Empty Re: Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss]

Post by Corliss 13th February 2016, 1:29 pm

DON'T BE A FOOTNOTE
    in someone else's happiness

For Corliss, getting to Clover Town hadn't been too difficult. She had no problems with boats, though her partner for this mission caused her some trouble. Marschal Leigh was a difficult person to be around, and that wasn't a comment on his personality. Whenever Corliss was near him, she felt incredibly light-headed and woozy. Talking to some of her other guildmates, she discovered that Marschal wielded a type of magic known as "The Art of the Beggar: Drunken Master", causing everyone within 15 feet of him to feel intoxicated. The girl considered this effect to be the reason she had asked the man if he wanted to do a job with her. This would be the only legal chance she had to experience the effects of alcohol for several years, and she was an adventurer at heart. Poor Pyrrha had intended to join the trip, but the gryphon kept wobbling and stumbling around upon going anywhere near him, so Corliss decided it would be best for the owl-cat to stay at home. Now, as Marschal helped her out of the boat, Corliss couldn't help but wish she had stayed home with Pyrrha. Her head felt blurry, and she gratefully accepted Marschal's assistance. She let the man take the lead into town, keeping her distance from the intoxicating mage. Upon leaving the man's aura, her head immediately felt as though it wanted to split open. Rubbing her temples and hoping she wasn't obvious, she pushed forward.
    Upon reaching the town, Marschal began to read over the job notice once again, and Corliss, not thinking on account of her headache, stepped forward to listen, and was overwhelmed by the intoxicating effect that Marschal emitted. Staggering slightly before regaining her balance, she glanced at Marschal and hoped he hadn't seen her stumble. She didn't want to be sent home before the job was over, she needed the money. Nodding every now and then while he was speaking, she tried to act normal, though she didn't even flinch when her partner started cracking every bone in his body. She barely heard him question her ability, and she nodded a few times before realizing he probably expected a legitimate response from her. "I, uhh... I think so?" Corliss paused, realizing that didn't exactly inspire confidence in her abilities. "Yeah, I think so. plus, I have Dulcina with me!" Hoping that would ease Marschal's concerns, she reached for the large sword on her back. Mumbling, she added, "I just hope that Mrs. Cartigan has rosebushes in her garden..."

(422 words; 2 posts)

Made by ANIMU of GANGNAM STYLE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Corliss | Magic | Bank | Pyrrha | Dulcina | GFX | Shop

Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss] TEmrTHZ

Team Banners:

Post by Guest 14th February 2016, 6:14 am

tagged
    Hearing Corliss's reassuring words, the Black Rose mage would merely nod in her general direction and continue walking to Mrs. Cartigan's house. It was only a few blocks down from what he had discovered when researching the job, so it wouldn't take them long. The silence would be apparent between the two as they walked down the sidewalk, passing by people who looked on. Marschal didn't have anything else to say to his partner anyway; it was just a job that he had agreed to go on with her. That was it. After a couple of blocks had passed by, the man would turn to the right and head for a very beautiful Victorian-styled house. He would climb the steps slowly, then knock on the door and wait for a reply from whoever lived inside of it.

"Who is it?" came an old lady's voice, and soon the door's knob was turning as bolts unlocked, and it swung open.

This time, he would pull the paper back out of his pocket, unfold it, and hand it to the lady as he spoke, "Marschal Leigh and Corliss, here for an infestation job." He watched as the old lady looked over the piece of paper she had sent out, nod her head slowly, and look back up to the two.

"Please, follow me to the backyard... that's where I keep my garden," she smiled at them, turning on her way and disappearing into her house.

Marschal would look to Corliss for a second, then duck through the entrance and follow the sweet, old lady. The lady had brought them out to the backyard, just as she had promised, and turned to them as they would approach. "This won't hurt a single bit, and when you get back, I'll have a little bit of pie read for your trip back home!" With that being said, the lady would zap the two of them with her shrinking spell and they would begin to shrink down.

[332 words]

Corliss
    Corliss

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Corliss 15th February 2016, 5:07 pm

DON'T BE A FOOTNOTE

Taking care to stay as far from Marschal as possible while still staying with him, Corliss followed the older mage to the client's house. Being the younger mage (and a little on the tipsy and hungover side of things), Corliss let her partner do all the talking. As he entered Mrs. Cartigan's house, he looked to Corliss for a brief second. The girl returned his glance with a forced smile, hoping to seem confident and not struggling in the slightest. Upon reaching the backyard, Corliss was astonished at the size of the woman's garden. Flowers of all kinds (including roses, to Corliss's relief) and vegetables of all flavors littered the backyard, creating a diverse playing field for the two mages. Before seeing the garden, the girl figured that Mrs. Cartigan had lost her ring due to age or poor eyesight, but now Corliss saw that anyone could lose a ring in this maze. The two mages were in for a decent challenge, or at least Corliss was. Mrs. Cartigan shrank them both down to two centimeters. To the white-blonde mage, the grass now felt like a forest, and the garden plants were even taller. To the inexperienced mage, the task seemed daunting. "So, uhh... Where do we start? Also, can we stop by the roses? That might come in handy, for me anyway."

223 words

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Team Banners:

Post by Guest 18th February 2016, 7:39 pm

tagged
    "I suppose we can stop at the roses..." Marschal responded, though he was hesitant on answering at first. She was a Rose-Make mage, but he didn't see why she needed to be around roses in order to use her magic. After all, she could just create the roses from scratch, just like any Make mage could do with their element. "I mean... I don't really get why you need to be around them, but I guess if you really want to, we can." Marschal shrugged thereafter and started walking through the forest of grass, which happened to be just slightly taller than him. It was intriguing, really: how the grass, what used to be nothing to them in their natural size, was now like a jungle. Yet, no tigers prowled the depths, only large ants and insects that they normally would pay no mind to.

It wasn't long after Marschal had started through the "forest" that sounds irrupted into his ears, causing him to flatten them against his head. These sounds, which could never be heard to the human ears, sounded like roaring waterfalls to the two of them now. He didn't know what was coming around or what was making that sound to begin with, but something was coming...

"Try to lay low; I have no idea what's making that loud noise, but I know in this state that we are, we can't trust anything," Marschy called out. Quickly, the half-breed would duck under a tall mushroom, peaking out from underneath the umbrella-like structure.

[256 words]

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 18th February 2016, 7:39 pm

The member 'Marschal Leigh' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss] Boss Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss] NormalMonster Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss] WeakMonster Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss] NormalMonster Size Matters [Marschal & Corliss] WeakMonster
    Corliss
    Corliss

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Corliss 26th February 2016, 7:23 pm

DON'T BE A FOOTNOTE

Deciding not to respond to Marschal’s comment on account of her headache, she followed the older mage into the thick of the garden. Above their heads, reminiscent of a jungle canopy, flowers of all shapes and colors shaded their path, coloring the ground in shades of bright colors. In spite of her dizziness, she began to get lost in the beautiful sights of the strange world they were traveling through. Part of her wanted to skip the job altogether and just live beneath in the garden forever. But, before that thought had time to sink in fully, deafening noises overwhelmed her aching head. Tipsy and disoriented, she couldn't make out what Marschal announced, before he disappeared. Completely confused, and slightly hungover from the moment Marschal disappeared, she stumbled around, before she practically ran into the source of the noise. A cricket, the size of a tiger to Corliss, was looming before her, causing the white-blonde to fall backwards, scrambling as far from the insect as she could. All alone, completely in over her head, the mage threw out a last resort spell. “Rose Make: Snare!” From her outstretched hand burst forth glowing red strands that circled the insect. The bright red strands faded into strands of thorns, covered in roses of a murky, sickly green. As quickly as they had appeared, the cricket tore itself free from the snare, which withered as it fell apart. Pulling Dulcina from its sheath, knowing full-well that she was far beyond fending off the creature on her own, Corliss waved the sword in a hopeless attempt to scare it off, and prayed for a miracle.
    [270 words]
    Spells Used:

Team Banners:

Post by Guest 28th February 2016, 10:30 am

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 410   |  NOTES: Counts as two posts
    The cricket's chirping was quickly silenced by the blade of a weapon, it's body going rigid as it was cut deep into. Stiffened legs and stark torso, the beady eyes of the insect stared at Corliss, until the head rolled off its shoulders and crashed to the ground. Standing on top of the headless body was a sickly-looking man: grayed skin, blackened eyes with just red dots at the center, but handsome nonetheless. His tattered cloak fluttered around him, and he stared down at Corliss with a look of malice before turning away and hopping to the ground. Around him, the grass began to wilt and die, turning brown and being drained of the green life it once had. The flowers saw this as well and began to bow in tears of the dying grass, their petals falling to the floor. Marcel paid no mind to what was dying around him, but instead, walked toward the rose-make mage.

"Insects are part of the system of decay... they eat what is dead and turn it into soil, just like every other insect. I hate to kill them, but sometimes, the time calls for it.. especially when you know that someone isn't quite ready to die yet..." He wove around the body and came face to face with the Black Rose mage, letting his cloak wrap around the rest of him.

Without farther ado, the Savage Skull member walked away from her and started through the forest of plants. As he sauntered by those plants, they bowed in his direction, losing the green of their life as they chose death. In the distance, he could hear the pounding of footsteps, but what they belonged to, he didn't much care to know. He would get to see what it was by the time he got to it, so there was no rush in seeing what was creating the sound. Before long, however, the large legs of an ant popped out of the tall grass, likely looking for its buddy they just killed.

Marcel frowned at the sight of the large bug, "you're just another pest that I have to rid my kingdom of... fare thee well... Life Surge!" The man drew out a white light from the center of his chest and flicked his wrist from left to right, sending out the orb. It split up into five, six-inch-long blades and slammed into the insect one by one, pushing the bug backward.

Spells Used:
    credit goes to Lunar of GS & THQ
    Corliss
    Corliss

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Corliss 1st March 2016, 2:49 pm

DON'T BE A FOOTNOTE

Corliss’s ‘miracle’ as quite the spectacle. He had burst in, killed off the bugs that had threatened her, made a comment about her mortality, and then sauntered off without the slightest hint as to why he was as small as her and in Mrs.Cartigan's garden. The beautiful flowers that created the world of beauty above her began to wilt just by being near the strange mage, who’ skin was gray and ashen, though he had been dead for quite some time. For a dead man walking, he was oddly muscular, and showed no other signs of decay, until you looked into his eyes. The man had black depths where normal people had the whites of their eyes, with a tiny flicker of red to give a glimpse of humanity and life into the deadened face. Her savior seemed to use a decaying magic, sucking the life from what was around him. If it weren't for this deadening magic, Corliss would’ve mistook him for a guardian of the flowers that sulked before him. As he turned his back on her, his cape whirling as he made his way past the bodies of the insects, Corliss scrambled to her feet and followed him, not really sure what else to do. Keeping Dulcina at the ready and an eye out for Marschal, she kept her distance from the stranger, learning from her mistake earlier about mages with auras. As they walked along, Corliss barely kept the bile that kept rising in her throat down. Whether it was because of her Dealings with Marschal, the fear that had yet to cease shaking her hands, the horror at the stranger before her killing the beautiful garden, or a combination of the three, she wasn't sure. She had Marschal before, the comfort of a stronger mage in battle, one who was supposed to be protecting and aiding her. But now all she had was the sickening man before her, whose affiliation and interests were completely unknown to her. Before she gathered the nerve to ask the man who he was and what he was doing in the garden, an ant appeared, and he cast a spell to attack it, saying something about a kingdom, which only confused her further. Not willing to stand back and let him take charge yet again, Corliss sheathed Dulcina, and ran a little closer to the insect. Doing her best to keep away from the man, she shouted, “Rose Make= Piercing Arrow!”, and proceeded to shoot two of her three arrows at the insect.
    [423 words; counts as two posts]
    spells used:

Team Banners:

Post by Guest 6th March 2016, 6:29 am

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 470   |  NOTES: Counts as two posts
    The ant's upper body lowered down into a half bow toward the mage; its life being both drained and taken from it. Two arrows came flashing by Marcel, in which he quickly backed away from the insect as the arrows embedded in its flesh. His fiery eyes darted toward the one who had shot them, but he had no time to question the magic she had used. Instead of the bug dying, its lumbering limbs pushed it back up to its feet and it began scrambling toward him. It wasn't a run or a walk, its legs were too oddly misshapen for that to be true, though it was coming swiftly toward him. As fast as he was able to, the Savage Skull member dashed from his place where he had been standing, to behind the insect. However, he stayed close to where it was, enough that his aura would be able to clamber up its legs and get its body.

It cried out in pain as the specks of black flew from its body and dissipated into the air, dying from his aura. Marcel smirked from underneath the collar of his cloak, lowered his upper body, then charged the ant again. Weapons appeared in his hands, from who knows where, and leaped up into the air, above the body of the bug. The blades in his hands pointed downward, and he dug them into the back of the head of the ant, killing it. With both insects dead now, the mage stood back to his feet on the top of the ant's body, then jumped to the ground. He tucked his weapons away on his back, then briefly glanced toward Corliss, as he was certain she was questioning his motives. A dark mage helping out a light mage? How absurd that had to be, for he was from a guild that only killed mercilessly.

Loud chirping could be heard again, just as Marcel looked away from Corliss; a familiar sound of chirping, now that he thought about it. A cricket was close by then... it must've heard the commotion they were making with killing the ant and became curious. He wasn't entirely sure if he should ready his weapon or use another of his spells, though he knew he was limited. No, he would have to refrain from using spells on such weak creatures, it wasn't worth the time to waste them. So, the mage unhitched his weapons from his back and held them tightly in his hands, staring in the direction the cricket was coming. The ground trembled a little, and from the leaves ahead of him, the cricket popped out and came hopping toward them. His grip on his weapons became white-knuckled and his muscles tensed, rigid, as he waited for the right moment to strike.
    credit goes to Lunar of GS & THQ

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 2:24 am