Birthday: June 18
Special Characteristics: n/a
Mitsuo is humble, kind and quiet. He tends to enjoy curling up and sitting with a book as opposed to going out into busy public areas. He is, however, a fan of going for nature walks and particularly loves to overlook the sea at the nearby docks that overlook the rushing rivers close to his home. The wind blowing off of the water always soothes him and he could spend hours at a time just sitting on the dock listening to the waves and feeling the cool breeze on his skin. Though he won’t admit it to anyone, his favourite books are often clean romance novels, and generally staring male characters as opposed to females. Due to him being a tad bit shy he will often blush if he notices that someone is looking at the book he is reading and then attempt to hide it.
Mitsuo’s kindness is often offset by his quietness and his shyness. He is a very soft spoken man and is often not heard when he speaks, unless he deliberately speaks up, which does not happen all that often. He has had it happen more than once in the past where he had been talking to someone and the person had assumed he wasn’t listening to them because they couldn’t hear his response, which led to him blushing embarrassed and attempting to apologize while then repeating himself slightly louder. He becomes especially quiet when he is in the presence of extremely attractive people, or people who flirt with him, often not able to speak at all and unable to look them directly in the eye and generally favouring to look towards the floor in these situations.
When it comes to battle and training, however, Mitsuo is quite a different person. He is extremely determined to prove that he is a useful member of a team and therefore he steps up his game and ensures that he listens to orders and reacts accordingly. He is very cool and collected, good at observing the ebb and flow of the battle around him as he attempts to provide the best counter to every situation, some even calling him a tactical genius. He constantly trains to better himself, and when he’s alone and not reading he can be found working on becoming a stronger person in an attempt to be useful to others. He joined Fairy Tail because he knew that it was a guild reputed for its strong wizards and he wanted to become stronger like them. His constant pushing himself can sometimes lead to overexertion however, and he has been known to overdo it in his training, ending up back at home recovering from his self inflicted injuries quite often.
When faced against someone stronger than him Mitsuo pushes himself beyond his limits, refusing to allow himself to look weak. He has been known to tap into an inner darkness that allows him to perform feats that the regular Mitsuo would never be able to do. It is through this darkness that his alter ego, Kensai, is born. Through this he is able to push on and do things that would be considered distasteful to others, all in order to better himself and his status, and prove his worth to his peers and superiors.
- Mitsuo loves to read more than anything else. His favourite pastime is sitting either at home at his compound beside the fire, or beneath a tree, curled up with whatever romantic novel he is working on at the time. Though he does love doing this, he often gets embarrassed when he is caught reading these types of books.
- Mitsuo enjoys sitting by the lake, the sounds of the waves crashing and the feeling of the breeze coming off of the lake always manage to put his troubled mind to rest. He stares across the sea and watches for the ships coming in, often times wondering what lies beyond their own country, though not sure if he would be able to travel far enough to find out.
- Mitsuo is a great fan of the arts, though he is not particularly skilled in them. He loves paintings and music, though he doesn’t paint of play. His one art that he is able to perform though is poetry, as he is quite a gifted poet himself and has been for all of his life, or as far as he can remember. He doesn’t believe he would stand up to the greats, but he would like to think that people would enjoy his writing if he were to let them read it.
- While he has horrible anxieties and shyness, the thing that drives Mitsuo and keeps him going is his friends. While it takes him a while to make them, whenever he does make friends he does whatever he can to keep them happy and protect them. He considers all of the members of Fairy Tail to be his friends, and he has warmed up to them, being generally less shy around his own guildmates.
- Due to his kind and gentle nature, it is not hard to guess that Mitsuo dislikes people who are mean or rude. When he sees people are picking on anyone weaker than them or that someone is just generally being rude to someone, he typically feels the need to get involved and try to help the person who is being abused. Many see him as somewhat of a hero in this regard, but he often shrugs it off and points out that any decent human would do the same thing in his shoes.
- Mitsuo does not like people who are overly boisterous about themselves. He does not hate them by any means, but he often finds their lack of modesty irritating and frustrating. Though he would never go so far as to point out people’s shortcomings in doing such a thing, he often just shakes his head and walks away if someone is getting obnoxious in their boasting. This dislike is probably another due to his typically quiet and modest nature, which he notices dictates a good amount of his life.
- Mitsuo doesn’t like spicy foods at all, to the point where if his only option is to eat something spicy or not eat at all, he will often not eat, going out of his way to avoid eating the spicy foods. This has led him into trouble in the past and he has nearly passed out due to not eating for over a week at one point, before he was given a plate of fruit that had been obtained from a neighbor. This was an isolated and extreme case, and he often doesn’t go long before going outside and picking himself an apple or a pear.
- One of the great motivators in this world for Mitsuo is love. He has never truly found love and he hopes that one day he will be able to find himself somebody whom he can be happy with and spend the rest of his life with. He loves the idea of romance, like in his novels that he reads, and is determined that one day he will be like one of the characters in his books. He actively seeks out his soulmate and hopes that he will have the courage to speak with them and meet this goal.
- Mitsuo is absolutely determined to become a useful member of his guild. He spends tireless hours training in order to attempt to achieve this goal. He knows that in order to achieve this goal he must learn from his superiors and friends, and continue to push himself to be a better wizard and teammate.
- Mitsuo is determined to help make the world a better place. He does this by small acts of kindness, by helping clean up and try to make places nicer than they were when he got there, and by being all around pleasant. He attempts to make the world better in everything he does, from training with his friends to helping random strangers who need food, clothing or shelter for the night. He has worked towards this goal in his entire seventeen years of life, and he will continue to do so until the day that he dies.
- Though Mitsuo isn’t the most social person, often preferring to stay at home alone as opposed to going out and being social, he has a crippling fear of being alone, or more specifically dying alone and having never loved anyone. This fear is something that he has to face every single day as he tries to get over the social anxiety barriers that he has blocking his path to true happiness.
- Mitsuo doesn’t particularly fear people, though he does fear large crowded areas that are packed with people. He suffers from a rather mild case of social anxiety and he often does his best to avoid dealing with people as much as he can. When in an area that has more than fifteen people he will begin to hyperventilate, though it is still tolerable. When the crowd reaches the twenty five person mark his anxiety becomes much more serious. He will lose the ability to speak and may end up throwing up from being dizzy, and potentially falling unconscious. Fortunately for him this is a fear that doesn’t seem to follow him into battle and when fighting large crowds of enemies, or with large groups of allies, he doesn’t notice it, though a lul in the action can cause this fear to kick back in.
- As far as irrational fears go, the one that is probably most common is the fear of spiders. Arachnophobia is a phobia that Mitsuo shares with millions upon millions of people all over the globe and although he doesn’t quite understand why the mostly harmless creatures scare him so much, he knows that they make him scream like a girl. Even seeing the smallest of spiders will make him jump and if he sees a large spider, depending on the size, he will begin trembling in fear, nearly paralyzed and he will run as far away from it as he possibly can.
Hair Color: Medium length blonde hair, sometimes pulled back though generally left unruley.
Eye Color: Light blue
Skin Tone: Fair
Appearance: Mitsuo is an average height male with blonde messy hair and piercing blue eyes. To many he would be considered traditionally attractive, being in fairly good shape with his lean athletic body. While he does change his clothing style from time to time, his favorite outfit that he wears most often would be an orange and charcoal grey coat over top of a black mesh shirt and black pants. He wears black leather strap boots, but never gloves, even when it’s cold. He refuses to wear gloves because they would cover his cyan guild mark that he proudly wears on the back of his right hand. He keeps his face clear of facial hair at all times, though his whiskers always stay which doesn’t bother him since they’re simply a part of him and always have been. Around his neck he wears a necklace that was given to him by his mother when he was a child, always making sure that he has it on him as it is a precious heirloom.
Guild: Fairy Tail
Tattoo: Located on the front of his left forarm at the exact midpoint between his wrist and elbow.
Tattoo Color: Cyan
Last edited by Mitsuo on 6th March 2021, 5:45 pm; edited 4 times in total