Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter! (Cain and Kanix)

Gabriel Anthello
    Gabriel Anthello

Player 
    Lineage : Brute of Fiore
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 25

The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter!  (Cain and Kanix) Empty The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter! (Cain and Kanix)

Post by Gabriel Anthello 24th January 2016, 3:37 pm

Cain scratched his head as he looked over the Fairy Tail job board. Rubbing sleep from his eyes he groaned and whined "Come on there has to be a good easy job on here somewhere. I've been dead broke since that one night..." The lousy mage couldn't even really remember what happened back in the Neutral Grounds. Last he remembered Kanix was shaking him for appreciating Aioai's finer attributes and then next thing he knew he was flat on his face in some alley with no money. I don't even remember drinking that much...

Then he saw it, the job request. One titled "The King of Thieves." Cain smiled a sinister grin Perfect this sounds right up my skill set...

It wasn't until Cain had already taken the job and was on the train out towards the Forbidden Desert that he actually read the job description and learned that the job was about taking down this "King of Thieves," and wasn't seeking the aid of one. Much to Cain's dismay. But he needed the cash so he resolved to go ahead with the job.

Arriving in a small town on the fringe of the desert Cain decided he would need to find some meat head to throw at any danger he encountered before heading out. Standing at the station as the train pulled out he scratched his head thinking out loud "Maybe the job was offered the multiple guilds and I can find someone else also here for the same purpose to do the dirty work for me..."

The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter!  (Cain and Kanix) Empty Re: The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter! (Cain and Kanix)

Post by Guest 24th January 2016, 4:04 pm

CALL OF THEWILD
    The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter!  (Cain and Kanix) Tumblr12
    Kanix ran her fingers through her hair, flicking the length of it over her shoulder, the black locks cascading down her back like a waterfall. Her sightless, iridescent, blue eyes stared straight ahead of her, as if she was watching all who were around her. It was only when she was nearing Cain's presence did the feel of a strange magic flow over the dark mage. She faltered in her step and looked in the direction she sensed the magic aura coming from, curiously watching. Was someone else around here? Were they doing the same thing she was doing and that's why they were here? Oh, hell. What if they learned of what she had done? They surely would be here for her then and she wouldn't allow that. Swiveling on her heels, the woman extended her arm and pointed her staff straight at the face of Cain Able.

"Get any closer to me and I'll lop off your head," Kanix threatened him, unaware that this was the true feeling of Cain's presence. After all, their last encounter had been back in the Neutral Grounds, where magic was completely cancelled out. Her immense aura would be felt as well, but she didn't know the effect it would make on those who were around her. For all she knew, everyone was well aware that she was a dark mage, they just didn't know she was from Basilisk Fang. Eyes narrowing, she aimed to jab the staff at Cain's chest, hoping to get a good feel of his stature from indirectly touching him. Head tilting to the side slightly, Kanix waited until Cain would answer her, keeping her staff pointed at him.
    281tagged
    Gabriel Anthello
    Gabriel Anthello

Player 

The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter!  (Cain and Kanix) Empty Re: The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter! (Cain and Kanix)

Post by Gabriel Anthello 24th January 2016, 4:41 pm

Cain's head was one the ground in no time flat as he cow towed before Kanix, "Please don't kill me!" He didn't even notice who was threatening him at first; he was too busy cowering. But after a second he said "Wait I've been threatened by that voice before..." He looked up at the blind girl with the most perplexed expression on his face "Well hold on now gorgeous. No need to be taking off heads or anything." With more then a few bad intentions he returned to his feet and continued "Its just your old buddy Cain! You recognize my voice right?"

Cain wasn't entirely sure what Kanix was doing out here; and to be honest he was a little worried that she didn't have the friendliest intentions. He had no idea how their last encounter actually ended thanks to the wonderful magic of alcohol. For all he knew Kanix was out for revenge for something drunk-past-Cain did. If that was the case he would have to make a hasty retreat soon; if not he considered the possibility that running into Kanix again could work to his advantage. "Come on? You know the guy from the bar in the neutral grounds? We had a grand time! Not that I remember much of it..." He scratched his head as if he trying to remember, "Well not much more then your captivating eyes."

Yes Cain; it was totally her eyes you were staring at the whole time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed

D- 1 (25 exp)
    C- 0
    B- 0
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:200

Character
    Primary Magic

Post by Guest 24th January 2016, 5:05 pm

CALL OF THEWILD
    Kanix dropped her staff down from its offensive position, holding it close to her body as a weight to carry the rest of hers. An arm scooped under her breasts and held the staff as well, pushing her assets up, and she smiled at Cain. It was great to hear a familiar voice, even if this mage was now a part of the legal guilds and not guildless. "I didn't expect to hear such a familiar voice down here in the deserts," she responded to the man. "May I ask why you're here?" She tilted her head some, so now it was resting on the knot of her staff. She cleared her throat, lifting a finger and beckoning with it for him to get back on his feet and stop groveling. As much as she liked the worshiping, it wasn't something that she thoroughly enjoyed like Famine would have.

"I'm sure it was my eyes you were staring at because what's so beautiful about a blind person's eyes?" she retorted. Speaking of her eyes, they rolled at the thought of Cain really saying that he was captivated by her eyes. As if a man like him would be smart enough to stare into a woman's eyes when there were full busts just below and no way of her knowing.
    220tagged
    Gabriel Anthello
    Gabriel Anthello

Player 

Post by Gabriel Anthello 24th January 2016, 6:02 pm

Cain put a hand over his heart "I'm wounded Kanix! How could you speak poorly of any aspect of your appearance? Your eyes may not grant you sight but they give you a charm unknown to any women who can see. I find myself in danger of being lost in their misty deeps."
    He thoughtlessly rattled off the prose without missing a beat, the words just coming to him. He had too much practice with this sort of thing. He grinned "But of course if that is my fate, I'd happily resign myself to it."

Hoping he had made his point Cain went on to answer Kanix's prior question "As for my being in the desert. I've come here to, believe it or not apprehend some bandits." He scratched his chin remembering Kanix was in a dark guild, "Don't mistake me for the type who normally does this though. Honestly it was kind of an accident I found myself on this job. But a job that pays is a job that pays; and I am a bit strapped for cash." He crossed his arms and shook his head as if thinking about something "You know maybe since fate has brought us together again, maybe we can work together on this? You are giving off the presence of a much more powerful mage then myself."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed

D- 1 (25 exp)
    C- 0
    B- 0
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic

Post by Guest 24th January 2016, 6:17 pm

CALL OF THEWILD
    "You mean, that C ranked job?" Kanix inquired rhetorically, cocking an eyebrow at Cain like that was the most absurd thing for him to do. It was C ranked for a reason; no D rank mage should ever go on a job like that, unless they were looking to get themselves killed. Her lips pursed into a thin line and she thought over why he would be taking on such a dangerous job as this one. Whatever the reason may be, she would have to tag along, just to make sure he didn't end up getting himself killed. Not as if she cared much if he died, he was just a pawn in the world of chess when she thought about it.

Kanix straightened her posture and stared up at him with narrowed eyes again, contemplating what he said next. Yes, she could go on a mission with him, but it would be awfully strange for a dark mage to side with a light mage. "I suppose I can, but don't think I'm doing this for you. I'm doing this because I'd rather not see a potential life lost. You know because magic is valuable in this world and everything as potential, I'd rather not see you die being useless. Let's go then."
    214tagged
    Gabriel Anthello
    Gabriel Anthello

Player 

Post by Gabriel Anthello 25th January 2016, 5:35 pm

Cain scratched his head, "Geez you say it like it is such a big deal. I'm sure its pleanty dangerous but I'm a survivor to say the least." With a shrug he started walking into the town looking at some of the buildings, "And its okay Miz Tough-as-Nails; you don't have to give me that 'its nothing personal' crap. He looked over his shoulder with a wink "I know what you want and I know its very personal." Looking forward again a terrible shit-eating grin appeared on his face. While his words implied a great deal of stupidity, Cain knew better then his mouth; he understood well and good he understood slightly less then nothing about Kanix. For all he knew she'd stab him in the back for his assumptions, but there was one prevailing undefeatable verse of logic resounding in Cain's mind; Worth it.

Such was his resolve to screw around.

After a second he found what he was looking for: ye ole general store. "Motives aside I'm not wandering out into the desert without some gear. I'll be out momentarily; feel free to do your own prep. I don't know how long this job will put us out in the heat." with that he vanished into the general store to obtain the mandatory desert travel gear that was almost always sold at these kind of "on the edge of a desert," type of town.

Missions Completed

D- 1 (25 exp)
    C- 0
    B- 0
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic

Post by Guest 25th January 2016, 6:06 pm

CALL OF THEWILD
    She growled at him, her knuckles turning white, that grasped the staff, from the amount of pressure she used to grip her weapon. Briefly, her eyes lit aglow with a white light, but quickly died down as she found the energy to calm herself. Kanix rolled her head and cracked her neck, deciding to ignore the Fairy Tail mage as that being the best option. On the other hand, she picked up her pace until they had reached the store, keeping herself from thinking of murdering Cain. The man better watch his tongue because a Basilisk wasn't afraid to bite it off if she found it to be annoying.

"I have no need to prepare for anything when I have magic at my disposal," the woman responded to Cain. She would slump to the ground while the man disappeared into the store to collect or steal his wares, whatever it may be.

She would pull out a few bits of herbs and plants and crush them together in her hand, splaying them out on the ground in front of her. Then she would spin her staff atop them, creating smoke from the sudden intense heat the spinning was making. This was mostly to pass her time playing with such things; child's play, really, but what else was she supposed to do while Cain was away?
    225tagged
    Gabriel Anthello
    Gabriel Anthello

Player 

Post by Gabriel Anthello 28th January 2016, 4:55 pm

Cain looked around the store; it looked pretty standard fare. A dusty room filled with shelves stuffed with common goods and travel gear; for a hovel on the fringe of a desert it was quite the little outfit. Not wanting to waste time Cain identified the supplies he needed and brought them to a counter in the back of the establishment. There he was met with a mousy female shop keeper who looked about as threatening as a cherry pie; just looking at her put a crooked grin on Cain's face. He dumped the items he had gathered on the counter "How much?" The girl took a quick inventory of the items before addressing Cain "12,000 beli sir." Cain's eyes went wide with shock "That's an absurd price!" "Coming to the desert without supplies already is an absurd notion." Cain got the feeling haggling wasn't going to help him here. He sighed; and with slumped shoulders he walked back to the door to leave. But when he reached the door instead of opening it he pulled on a latch locking the door.

From outside the store muffled, but pleanty panic'd, screams could be heard for about a minute. Multiple voices yelled inside but who they belonged to or what was being said couldn't be heard over the sound of fighting. However any villagers passing by showed hardly a hint of concern.

After the previously mentioned minute passed the noise died down and Cain exited the store; through a window. He fell on the ground in a pile of broken glass and... a duffle bag? With a groan he looked up to where Kanix was standing "So around these parts the five finger discount is a 300% mark up with a complimentary black eye." He was bruised here and there, but he was not seriously harmed and was quickly struggling to get up to his feet. "I don't recommend it."

Missions Completed

D- 1 (25 exp)
    C- 0
    B- 0
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic

Post by Guest 28th January 2016, 5:51 pm

CALL OF THEWILD
    "Maybe you learned your lesson then," Kanix replied in a monotonous voice, stretching her limbs before getting back to her feet. She had been unfazed by the sound of breaking glass and the loud thud of Gabriel's body landing on the ground. "Pity that I can't heal you..." Not as if that was much of a pity for Kanix, as that was one less person in the world to feel their death. "Well, I mean I can, but you would have to be on the brink of death in order for me to be able to heal you." The dark mage would shrug, then curiously look to Gabriel, who was struggling to stand up at the time. "Why did you choose me to help you out on this job? You do realize that I am from a dark guild and you from a legal?" The woman would stand there halfheartedly, holding her staff, and waiting for an answer from Cain.

"I don't recommend doing a lot of things that we dark mages do, yet I still do a lot of those taboo things," she rambled, now offering her hand to help him up. "Perhaps if you learned a lesson or two from your actions, you would know not to take that route again, hm?" Kanix would pull her hand away if he did not take it already, or help him to his feet if he did grab hold of it. "But after this, are you certain you want to kill those thieves? You're pretty badly beaten up now, I would assume." Sure, she could empower him with her Savage Rage spell, but how long that would last and how effective would be what mattered. He was a weakling compared to her; she would certainly have to do all the fighting for this poor sap. Lame excuse for a Fairy Tail mage she had to think. Why the guildmaster wanted such a pathetic creature was beyond her.

"Come along, I doubt that stick around this hut will get your reputation any better, especially when you're around me," Kanix finally stated.
    350tagged
    Gabriel Anthello
    Gabriel Anthello

Player 

Post by Gabriel Anthello 30th January 2016, 6:19 am

Cain laughed and rolled his shoulders "Learned my lesson? If I ever learned my lesson I'd be hiding under a box in Enca!" He brushed himself off and picked up his newly acquired bag "While I appreciate the option of being beaten to an inch of my life just to heal being open to me; I think I can survive without." It was a mostly honest statement. Cain's injuries were rather superficial and the worst blow was too his ego; but that was a punching bag that had endured many hits in the past. When asked why he chose to work with Kanix a little of his usual flair returned as he answered with a wink, "Simple you've captivated me Miss Kanix. Although it doesn't hurt that you simply radiate power, just looking at you I can tell you are a far more able mage. Between your charm and ability, I'd be lieing if I said I had better options."

Cain listened in a bored fashion as he was, for lack of a better word, scolded for his misbehavior. While he was tempted to just ignore Kanix's words and carry on he figured it was better for his continued breathing that he at least humor it with a response, "Okay Mi'Lady I can tell you are rather caught up on this whole legal-dark thing. These lines don't mean half as much to me as they apparently mean to you. I'm with Fairy Tail as a matter of symbiosis. I'm looking for someone; and they happen to be a frequent of the place. Additionally my search has left my pockets empty, so I went ahead and joined up for the end of making money and not some moral mumbo-jumbo." Then deciding it was needed to make his point Cain slightly opened his bag and gestured to look inside with a flick of his eyes.

Inside was a pile of jewels(as in the currency) and four wallets. He grinned and quickly closed the bag again, "I only fought so poorly because I wasn't fighting to win. But yes I think it is in our best interest to get the heck out of here."

With that he started at a brisk pace towards the dunes. While he wasn't to sure about how this coming job would pan out, he was at least happy with his 'successful' robbery.

Missions Completed

D- 1 (25 exp)
    C- 0
    B- 0
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic

Post by Guest 30th January 2016, 6:44 am

CALL OF THEWILD
    The desert sand disgusted her the most; there were globs in some places, too squishy in others, it was hard to tell where she was. Scents were basically nonexistent around her, and the air of the desert was so dry that it hurt her throat to breathe. That was two senses she could no longer rely on: the sight her staff allowed her and her sense of smell. Her sense of touch would do just about zero effect as well. What was she going to feel? The grains of sand striking her as they blew in the wind? Hearing was the only sense left and as strong as it was, it still wasn't good enough to hear well into the desert. It was the only sense she really relied on, and if her hearing failed her... well, she was just deaf and dumb then.

Perhaps, it would've been smart to at least buy something to drink because she doubted her elemental guardian spell would work for such a thing.

They hadn't traveled long into the desert when Kanix paused and listened to her surroundings, surely having heard something. "Don't go any farther Cain," the woman warned, pointing her staff in the direction she knew something or someone was coming from. The emerald gems in the ram's eyes lit up to a sparkling glow, her eyes following the exact pattern of the gems. It was possible she planned on poisoning the things that would come, but Cain would have to stand back if she did. Clouds weren't all that obedient in staying in one position, especially when it came to Kanix's Infectious Cloud.
    273tagged
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 30th January 2016, 6:44 am

The member 'Kanix Laspor' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter!  (Cain and Kanix) NormalMonster The King of Thi- Call me a treasure hunter!  (Cain and Kanix) StrongMonster

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 4:14 pm