Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All!

Alito
    Alito

Storyteller

Storyteller

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Oblivion's Might
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1270

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ankhseram Black Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All! Empty Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All!

Post by Alito 1st January 2016, 2:00 pm

So I've noticed that the vast majority of members are either on the legal or guild-less side, and personally, I am disappointed. Furthermore, this trend has not been short-term; it is certainly long-term. Yes, it can be difficult making an ill-minded, miserable, or generally dark character with all of these legal or guild-less characters around, but having a fair assortment of members everywhere is what I think would make the site even more brilliant than it already is.

Tartarus, for example. This guild suffers the most from inactivity. Though it is unfortunate that its location is like trying to track a ghost, similarly to what the GM once told me, I'm sure there can always be arrangements to have some sort of recruitment trend commence outside of the guild. Interest is what brings people together, after all. Note that you don't have to necessarily be evil-to-the-core to join Tartarus, either. Tartarus is more miserable and dark than evil, as a matter of fact. Think of Gotham, for example. In the actual show, the sun hardly runs over that city, while the whole system is corrupt. Nothing about its atmosphere is bright, while happiness barely spreads itself in Tartarus territory. This is just an example of a dark environment. Also note that the definition of Tartarus, as given by the site, is a guild that few defy, meaning if you choose to make a character who believes himself or herself to be really strong, Tartarus is an option.

Now I proceed onto Savage Skull. This is the type of guild that you want to join if you are evil-to-the-core, or insane. There have been many remarkable characters here who have made quite the mark on this site. I don't mean to make this all look easy, but if you choose to make a character that is against the Magic Council, oftentimes, your character will swing in Savage Skull's path. Savage Skull also seems to accept members that are rebellious against Fiore's current state, so realistically, it is only a matter of making a rather angered character originated from historical events to reside here. This is my basic summary of how to bring a character here.

Basilisk Fang is rather similar, except more aggressive. Therefore, my persuasion here will be brief. Basically, if you choose to make a rebellious character eager to strike the legal side, itself, your character should go here. Many characters nowadays seem to be aggressive, regardless, so if you are that type of person to make a character such as the exemplar I just described, Basilisk Fang is an option.

Generally, everyone, you just have to think oppositely in order to make a character for the illegal side of Fiore. I honestly think it can be fun being against the legal side. You are put up to a great challenge, can make one heck of a story, and give your character(s) some unique traits characters on the legal side won't have. You will have access to jobs the legal side cannot partake in, as well as events, or forums, in that matter. I just say this to promote activity, ultimately, and a fair game. I find that this site seems one-sided at the moment in terms of legal versus illegal, so I encourage more on the dark side to balance things out. I hope some of you agree with me on this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All! 7y0bO7j
    Elijah
    Elijah

Berserker Knight

Berserker Knight

Quality Badge Level 1- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Guild : Gold Phoenix
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Metal God Slayer
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All! Empty Re: Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All!

Post by Elijah 1st January 2016, 3:02 pm

There is a mistake in this, BF is lawful evil, it's not a guild of aggressive people @.@

Please read the guild description for this, it's a secretive crime syndicate guild, not a guild that is aggressive.
    Bass
    Bass

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms-- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Cosmic Coins : 1
    Mentor : -
    Experience : 125

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Naknight
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All! Empty Re: Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All!

Post by Bass 1st January 2016, 3:11 pm

In truth i'd say the issue with people going dark is that there is no real way to act truly dark. Its easy to play the hero, but its harder to show yourself off as a villain, particularly when its pg-13. Not that it has ever stopped me lol.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome Guest.

Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All! 8Xdz1Cq

Current missions(0/6):
    Alito
    Alito

Storyteller

Storyteller

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Oblivion's Might
    Experience : 1270

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ankhseram Black Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Alito 1st January 2016, 3:34 pm

Elijah wrote:There is a mistake in this, BF is lawful evil, it's not a guild of aggressive people @.@

Please read the guild description for this, it's a secretive crime syndicate guild, not a guild that is aggressive.

My apologies. That description was a bit presumptuous of me based on former characters of the guild, however...

Veil and Elijah, this is simply an attempt. If being a villain takes too much effort for somebody, or is not in their interest or conscious, then by all means, they do not have to. This suggestion thread is more of a desire than setting something in stone. As I said, I am just trying to persuade people into joining the illegal guilds, though I understand your view, and will take it into account for future reference.

Encouraging Variety: A Suggestion for All! 7y0bO7j
    Rai Chu
    Rai Chu

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Thunder Demon Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rai Chu 1st January 2016, 5:10 pm

Part of the issue is that we have too many guilds tbh, some of which are basically inactive and thus don't attract attention. Unfortunately with only 3 dark guilds (TT being virtually inactive and BF being fairly quiet on the recruitment front), compared to 4 active legal guilds (plus LS which is in a state of limbo atm) and then the independent guilds (one of which is virtually inactive as well) it's very difficult for dark guilds to attract the new members they need.

In regards to the inactive guilds, everyone wants to be 'that guy' who revives the guild, but that rarely works out.

And then there's the sea of guildless people, which you could probably split into two groups. On the one hand you have those who purely wanna stay out guild politics (whether IC or OOC), and then you have those who want a guild but are waiting for IC interaction. The latter are a potential goldmine for every guild. Darkies need to reach out to those people and, at the same time, those people ought to start reaching out and interacting with others.

I got sidetracked there but meh.

Also, does anyone remember when Savage Skull was the only dark guild on the site? Yet they dominated and the legal guilds wouldn't challenge them. They were active, both in posting and in recruitment. As soon as more dark guilds appeared (and independent guilds too), activity on the dark side began to really dwindle and fall. Remove TT and then if BF and SS start actively recruiting like the legal guilds do (and if those aforementioned guildless mages who're looking for a home start interacting with members of those guilds) then we could easily have a really solid dark mage playerbase in no time at all.

Basically, I agree with what's been said. Need more dark mages, but not just peoples alts thrown in to add numbers. Dedicated dark mages, whether they be just fringing on dark or downright evil, anything goes. Also, for the love of the panda, dark mages need to start doing some real dastardly deeds. Something that will attract attention.

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 9:21 pm