Species: Human-Demon Hybrid
Type: Combat Pet
- History, Personality, Powers:
- Lyra is a half human, half demon, young woman. She comes from a world where demon halflings are being viewed as slaves. Even though she hails from a very influential, for the demon world, family Lyra was unfortunate enough to end up as a slave. That is until El found her. However at that time El did not have enough power to free her. So he bought her instead. Some time passed and the two of them grew up to be really close friends. Of course to others Lyra is just a servant of El. Some hideous people also go as far as to treat her like a pet. Needless to say these people are an enemy of El, as he is verry protective of Lyra. But in actuallity, despite El not wanting to accept it, Lyra IS a slave (in a sense) and thus a pet. However El and his family do not treat her as a pet but rather as a regular person.
Lyra Vermaness hails from an aristocratic demon family. Although she is a bastard child and was thus sold to slave traders. This caused her to live a harsh life, filled with pain and abuse. She has developed a defensive personality and doesn't open up to others easily. But when one gets to know her better they can see that Lyra is a gentle and sweet girl. She cares about those close to her but she will not give a damn about others...although she may be struck by guilt for that sometimes. Despite having lived a harsh life, Lyra still mantains an aristocratic aura. That's something that makes her look a bit cold and unapproachable, further enchancing her beauty.
Due to her being half demon, Lyra has some control over shadows and darkness that is not part of any form of magic but instead is natural. Something like a lineage. This helped her survive in the awful world she lived in as a child. As soon as she became a part of the Dawnson family, Lyra learnt swordmanship and magic. She became an expert swordswoman and developed her own, unique form of magic. Harmonized Shadows.
Lyra wields a special sword, Gehandes. A sword made strictly for her to use in co-ordination with her magic. It was forged by using black dragon steel. A piece of her soul is sealed into that sword. Furthermore Lyra has a small tattoo, known as the mark of calling, that enables El to "summon" her whenever he needs. Also it allows telepathetic communication between El and Lyra.
Name: Harmonize: Amplify
Rank: Ranks with user, caps at B rank
Description: Lyra chooses a target to empower. The target must be no more than 15m away from her. The target can be either one of her allies (El's allies are her allies), one of their weapons, herself or her weapon.
After the target is chosen they will shine in a black-ish purple light. Their speed will be raised by 10% and their damage by 25%, if the target is a person (these are increased by 10% for every rank till the spell caps). If the target is a weapon then armed damage dealt by the weapon will increase by 50% and all effects of the weapon will be amplified by 5% (once again this is increased by 10 for each rank till the spell caps).
This spell requires the following verse to be chanted in order to take effect.
"Shadows come and bless the one who is covered by your light. Harmonize: Amplify!"
*Give speed and damage boost to the target.
*Absolutely no offensive capability.
*It takes some time to activate the spell.
D/C: 4/5 at D rank, 5/6 at C rank, 6/7 at B rank
Name: Harmonize: Hebiou (Snake King)
Rank: Ranks with user, caps at A rank
Description: Lyra's sword (or hand if she has no sword) in sengulfed by black-ish purple light. The light then extends and takes the form of a snake whose body is 10m(+ for every rank till it caps) long (width is equal to her hand or sword's width). The snake's head is as wide as it's body and two meters long.This snake deals armed damage of El's rank if she used her hand. The snake deals armed damage of El's rank +50% (increased by 10% for every rank till spell caps) if she used a sword to activate this. She calls the snake Hebiou.
The spell requires this verse to be chanted in order to be activated:
"Come forth shadows and engulf the weapon thine servant use. Harmonize with their soul and grant them power. Hebiou!"
- Snake King's Techniques:
- While Hebiou is active Lyra gains access to up to 4 abillities. Since the spell ranks with the user, at D rank she has access to 1 abillity, at C to 2, at B to 3 and at A to 4.
- D Rank:
- This abillity is called Tail Smash. It can be used only twice while Hebiou is active. Lyra swings her sword/hand and whatever gets hit by it receives damage equal to 2/3 of the spell's rank. After used once, Lyra has to wait 2 posts to use it again.
- C Rank:
- This abillity is called Poison Fang. It can be used only once during Hebiou's duration. When this abillity is activated the fangs of Hebiou glow a bright gold. Everyone bitten by these fangs receives the "Mark of Basilisk". This mark causes the one marked to receive +20% damage from all of Lyra's attacks. Using this abillity one can bite up to 3 people. After using this Lyra has to wait one post before she can use any other of Hebiou's abilities. The "Mark of Basilisk" stays active for 3 posts.
- B rank:
- Solid Blades. Hebiou's body morphs into a solid, snake looking weapon created from many sharp blades. In this form damage dealt by Hebiou is increased by 20%. However it is possible for this form to be broken. It can withstand up to B rank damage. In this form Lyra's speed drops by 10%. This form remains active for 3 posts and when it resolves, Hebiou's duration ends (even if it normally would last for longer).
- A rank:
- Snake King's Petifying Glance. Hebiou's head grows twice in size and his eyes glow a bright gold. Anyone who stares at his eyes will be petrified for one post. This ability can only be used once during Hebiou's duration. After this ability is activated it stays active for two posts. After Hebiou's duration ends too, prematurely if it has to. Using this ability will add one more post of cooldown to Hebiou.
Lyra CAN use all four of the abilities during the duration of Hebiou,BUT if she does so she will instantly lose 50% of her HP and MP. So she is restrained to using up to 3 of them.
While Snake Tail is active, Lyra looses 10% (+1% for every rank till spell caps) speed.
*Good offensive attack.
*Enlargens Lyra's arsenal with some cool abilities.
*Takes time to activate.
*Lyra is slower while this is active.
*Can prove to be fatal.
D/C: 5/7 at D rank, 6/8 at C rank, 7/9 at B rank, 8/10 at A rank.
Rank: Legendary Weapon
Description: Look at the sword in the picture above. At first glance it is a mere one handed sword. But in actuallity it has some of Lyra's soul embaded into it.
- Rank B:
- Name: Black Space
Rank: ranks with user, caps at B rank
Duration: 2 at D rank, 3 at C, 4 at B (posts)
Cooldown: 3 at D rank, 4 at C, 5 at B (posts)
Description: A small area of 10 meters radius (increase by 5 for every rank till spell caps) with Lyra at it's center is shrouded in a black-ish purple aura. Inside this area Lyra's attacks receive a 10% damage boost. Also Gehandes' blade can strike any enemy inside this area, this however does not apply to spells that use Gehandes' blade. After the ability is activated, it's AoE doesn't change with Lyra moving. It stays the same as when it was when it was first activated.
A kinda big, incomprehensible verse has to be chanted for this ability to be activated. Inside this area Lyra's MP and HP are reduced by 20%. While this is active Lyra can not use the effects of Mark of Calling.
Strengths: Attack Boost
Weaknesses: Long casting time
Lyra gets debuffed.
Mark of Calling can not be used.
- Rank A:
- Name: Black Illusions
Rank: Ranks with user, caps at A rank.
Duration: 2 at D, 3 at C, 4 at B, 5 at A (posts)
Cooldown: always one more post than duration
Description: Lyra creates copies of Gehandes that float around her. Each copy is visually the same as the original sword. Each copy can be moved by telepathy and always deals damage half of the original sword. Whatever happens to the original sword happens to the copies too. At D rank Lyra can create 2 copies, at C 4, at B 6 and at A 8.
However it takes a toll on her body to do this. Thus, for every posts this ability is active she loses 8MP. While using this ability Lyra can not use the ability of "Mark of Calling"
Strengths: Creates more swords for Lyra to use.
Weaknesses: Takes a toll on Lyra's body.
Mark of Calling can not be used while this is active.
Strengths: Can be used as a normal sword.
Provides Lyra with some really useful abilites.
Weaknesses:It is a bit heavier than normal one handers.
It's ability is easy to avoid.
The abilities restrain her use of Mark of Calling and debuff her though.
- Mark of Calling:
- Name: Mark of Calling
Description: Small, purple, butterfly shapped tattoo. Located on her left shoulderblade
Strengths: Not any
Weaknesses: Not any
Effect: Allows El to communicate with Lyra no matter how far away they are. Allows Lyra to come to El's side whenever she wants to (they have to be more than 500m away for this to be done). Gives Lyra a small, 20%, speed boost.
Last edited by El J. Dawnson on 23rd April 2016, 5:22 am; edited 4 times in total