Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

An idea.

Daddy
    Daddy

Lord of Domination

Lord of Domination

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Demon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Ice Cold
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 944

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blood and Bones
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

An idea. Empty An idea.

Post by Daddy 6th November 2015, 4:43 pm

So I’ve sat in the past couple of days since I’ve been away thinking while doing some personal writing considering what the month is, and I figured that I should just toss it out after hearing that a lot of people want this to be a thing. We need an Event team. A team that alone is dedicated to running/creating events. I say this from the point of view of prior event admin. This way admins that are to be handling things that truly concern the site like apps or development aren’t hassled, and the Dev team can stay in their little corner with their computers and code, making new things for the site.

As bad as it sounds, I would like to be part of this team as it’ll allow me to do stuff other than grind away while also Ardere told me he’d love to be part of event staff. If allowed, I’d like to head this, as given the leeway, I’d go ahead and start working on the FOUR EVENTS I already have in my head, and general rewards/cool stuff to excite people, and make it more exciting as some returning people have mentioned.

Keep in mind, and I say this now. Please keep to the topic at hand in this, and reframe from off topic jabs at people. This is purely to discuss the idea of a dedicated Event team.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

An idea. JAgwtRZ
    Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Power of Love [INW]
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

An idea. Empty Re: An idea.

Post by Love Warrior Riley 6th November 2015, 4:51 pm

I'd be willing to join.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

An idea. BI2gBSG
    [Riley: The Soldier of Love] [Power of Love]
    Thorn
    Thorn

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Arm of Destiny
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 6
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Thorn 6th November 2015, 5:12 pm

I think Its a really good idea and will put it to the admins maybe tomorrow if they are in a better mood! not shore who would run it Kiku depends on who is in the team but we shall see and discuss soon :D

An idea. S6Eaz9K
    Daddy
    Daddy

Lord of Domination

Lord of Domination

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Demon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Daddy 6th November 2015, 6:18 pm

Keep me posted please and my skype is on my profile should you want to discuss it with me.

An idea. JAgwtRZ
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?
    Cosmic Coins : 25

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 6th November 2015, 6:22 pm

Erm We have a Event group in the Dev team.

An idea. KF68skC
    Daddy
    Daddy

Lord of Domination

Lord of Domination

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Daddy 6th November 2015, 6:31 pm

Kiku wrote:So I’ve sat in the past couple of days since I’ve been away thinking while doing some personal writing considering what the month is, and I figured that I should just toss it out after hearing that a lot of people want this to be a thing. We need an Event team. A team that alone is dedicated to running/creating events. I say this from the point of view of prior event admin. This way admins that are to be handling things that truly concern the site like apps or development aren’t hassled, and the Dev team can stay in their little corner with their computers and code, making new things for the site.

As bad as it sounds, I would like to be part of this team as it’ll allow me to do stuff other than grind away while also Ardere told me he’d love to be part of event staff. If allowed, I’d like to head this, as given the leeway, I’d go ahead and start working on the FOUR EVENTS I already have in my head, and general rewards/cool stuff to excite people, and make it more exciting as some returning people have mentioned.

Keep in mind, and I say this now. Please keep to the topic at hand in this, and reframe from off topic jabs at people. This is purely to discuss the idea of a dedicated Event team.

Read that bold part. I said a dedicated event team. Not a team of Dev's that have half of their attention on dev related stuff, and event stuff.

An idea. JAgwtRZ
    Celine
    Celine

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Black Memories
    Guild : Grim Heresy
    Experience : 900

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Embrace.
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Celine 6th November 2015, 6:34 pm

It makes sense as we would then have a team dedicated to not only developing events that the site can take part in but also allows for the Dev team to focus on keeping mechanics balanced and other things like Item of the Months.
    Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 6th November 2015, 6:36 pm

I can't speak for the activities of the entire dev group, and as Kakuma has stated we have an event group within the dev team who's sole assignment is events; so whether or not this person, or these persons, will be formally listed under the "Event Team" part of our staff list is beyond me.

However, if you have an idea for an event; please throw it up on the suggestion thread, pm it to an admin, or even the job creation thread. Make your ideas known, even if you're not added to the event team... not that I know if we're making a whole team separate from the devs, or something of the sorts. I apologize for being so ill-informed on that matter x.x
    Celine
    Celine

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Black Memories
    Guild : Grim Heresy
    Experience : 900

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Embrace.
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Celine 6th November 2015, 6:39 pm

Niyol wrote:I can't speak for the activities of the entire dev group, and as Kakuma has stated we have an event group within the dev team who's sole assignment is events; so whether or not this person, or these persons, will be formally listed under the "Event Team" part of our staff list is beyond me.

However, if you have an idea for an event; please throw it up on the suggestion thread, pm it to an admin, or even the job creation thread. Make your ideas known, even if you're not added to the event team... not that I know if we're making a whole team separate from the devs, or something of the sorts. I apologize for being so ill-informed on that matter x.x

While I understand your point of view on this having two separate teams allows for better focusing of resources. And it also opens up for more diversity within the Dev Team. And due to having a team dedicated to it they can better manage time and resources within that team solely for Events while like I said before Devs solely focus on the site itself.
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 7th November 2015, 12:20 am

Events often require custom systems or stuff and thus they should remain apart of the dev team.

An idea. KF68skC
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 7th November 2015, 12:23 am

In the other topic, I just posted about making a standard member event team. If any are interested, message me on skype and I can add you to the group.

An idea. MQNhOUw

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : None
    Mentor : N/A

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Thread Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Special Snowflake 7th November 2015, 12:26 am

If we already have an event team, why don't we have events?

Edit: No offense, I just realized how mean that sounded, what I meant out of it was that it must be hard to have both in one team as there hasn't been an event, so it's probably best to have them separate so they can be focused on a single type of task rather than split on two different ones.

Last edited by Special Snowflake on 7th November 2015, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Ardere Kasai
    Ardere Kasai

The Fire King

The Fire King

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Legacy of the Fire King
    Position : The Vanquisher
    Guild : Infinity Hydra (Guildmaster)
    Mentor : Hephaestus
    Experience : 420,643

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Flame God Slayer (3rd Gen)
    Second Skill: -
    Third Skill:

Post by Ardere Kasai 7th November 2015, 12:34 am

Events don't require new systems very often. Trust me. I've made plenty of events. Didn't had to design a new site system. Maybe a temporary one for the event, but not for the site. So it should stay with this team and not Dev. Just my opinion.

An idea. FYZkfE1
    God Force:

Legacy Form:

Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8

Character Sheet
    First Skill: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Cr1tikal 7th November 2015, 2:09 am

As a note to my other post. Aedre has approved of me running an event team of any member interested. (Though will try to keep it from growing too large to maintain order.) Just in case anyone was wondering of admin approval on it.

An idea. MQNhOUw

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ten No Kichi
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 7th November 2015, 2:10 am

Currently, though I hate to say it, the priory event is still sort of ongoing and the site(from what I have seen) rarely has more than one IC event at a time. So there is that.

Also events take quite a bit of planning. However, we could do with a proper event team 100% dedicated to it perhaps with some input from devs and staff then passed through the admin team.

An idea. Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

An idea. Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

An idea. Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Thorn
    Thorn

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Arm of Destiny
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 6

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Thorn 7th November 2015, 2:10 am

Kakuma Blackflower wrote:Events often require custom systems or stuff and thus they should remain apart of the dev team.

the dev event team have done no event nor have any admin been told about event if people on site wish for a separate team i don't see why not.

An idea. S6Eaz9K

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 9:20 am