Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Find this Book [Job]

Find this Book [Job] Empty Find this Book [Job]

Post by Guest 26th June 2015, 3:02 pm

Job Description :

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes
    "I can't believe you got sucked into doing this pathetic, complete waste of our time job."

Kuro visibly winced as Shiro mentally scolded her. "Come on Shiro..."She muttered looking rather insane to those who passed her by on the streets. "That poor old lady just wants to find her favorite book!" Kuro could relate to the elderly woman. She herself back when she was younger had spent much of her time reading. Books at that time were her only and favorite companions, they offered her a way to escape from her own harsh reality. Now instead Kuro did not have books for companions but rather two dark persona's instead, and they weren't beings that she could shut and tuck away on a shelf. "Besides I know we joined a....particular type of guild but I'd rather we not attract too much unwanted attentions. You and Kiro may be strong but not that strong..."She seemed to carefully pick her words so as not upset the being within her.

Before the inner person could blow up, which she was prepared to do, Kuro quickly distracted her. "Woah look at that...."She breathed out eyeing the extravagant library over. It was one of the largest libraries she had ever seen. "It must be very old given the gargoyles and what not. I wonder if there's creatures like that where Kiro is from?" She inquired but Shiro remained silent for  a moment as the black haired girl approached the library.

"Say Kuro? How are we gonna find the book in such a big place?"

"Ah it'll be easy. Everything's arranged alphabetically anyways!"

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Find this Book [Job] Empty Re: Find this Book [Job]

Post by Guest 26th June 2015, 9:34 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes
    Old oaken doors parted before the partial demon girl. The smell of paper and ink hit her nose causing it to crinkles softly not in disgust but merely a bodily reaction. Sunshine peered in from the open door casting a small block of light upon wine colored flooring, in the otherwise dim structure. Stepping inside, Kuro let the heavy doors slide as if pushed by some invisible phantom shut, effectively cutting off light from the outside world. The library itself was quiet, save for the occasional quiet mutter, a stifled giggle here and there, and the lovely sound of a page turning.

"Quit standing around like an idiot. Let's just get this over with."

Like that her once peaceful and serene world was sent crashing down around her. "Fine..."She muttered to the white haired person inside of her. Her travel worn boots made muffled sounds upon the crimson carpet as she entered into an open area where a few stray humans sat at scattered tables, reading whatever took to their fancy. "Let's see....." A single greyish green eyes eyed the rows of books, shelves stacked upon shelves some reaching up to the ceiling, and the countless isles with nothing but a small sign that said what section it was.

"How are we ever gonna find this book in a place so large?"

"Easy! We have it's title!"

"Which is?"

"Night's Watch."

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Post by Guest 26th June 2015, 9:43 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes
    She moved like a ghost through the library, hardly a living soul paying any notice to the one eyed girl. Pale fingers trailed along each section divider, as a once lifeless grey eye searched with an almost renewed sense of life for a simple sign with an insignificant letter on it. While, this letter might not have stood out to any other person, with not particular ring to its sound, nor edge to its design, this letter was at this moment the world to Kuro.

"N!"

She breathed out, Shiro rolled her eyes within the black haired girls head but even she couldn't help but have the faintest of smiles. It had been a long time since Kuro had been so lively. In fact, the last time was long before Kuro's head became crowded with a third presence. That alone made Shiro's once docile mood turn sour and the white haired being urged Kuro to hurry. "I got it....Let's see it should be farther down this isle... Ah here we go! Ni...." Her gaze drifted upwards to look at the very top of the shelf that nearly touched the stone ceiling to the dusty book filled world. "This could take a while...."

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Post by Guest 26th June 2015, 9:55 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes

Chaos

More chaos than what was in Kuro's head, a rather tough situation to beat. The ordering upon the shelves simply did not make any sense. There were letters and titles that did not belong in the oh so significant "N" section let alone the more specific "Ni" section. There was no reason for a sappy romance novel to be in there, nor should a magazine have been stuffed between two hardbound Encyclopedia's. "I don't understand." She muttered to herself as her pale hands ghosted over countless spines of leather, some soft, some hard, some colored, some worn, and some new. "Why aren't these ordered correctly at all?" Could it have been that she was in the wrong section? Even so, there was no pattern within this section. No order to the title or to the author or even to the genre. "Have I gone insane?" She mused aloud but the voice within her head assured her otherwise before making an annoyed comment as to how much time they were wasting.

"Why don't you talk to the librarian?"

Harsh. Clearly, annoyed. Unlike Kuro, Shiro did not have the time nor the patience to sit and stare at a shelf for hours, pondering as to why it was in such a state of disorder. Not to mention Kuro's mental health would take much more time than Shiro would like to commit in figuring out. Better to reassure the quiet girl that she was not insane and was simply boring than to actually confront her problems head on.

"Right! She'll be able to find the book with ease! What would I do without you Shiro?"

The white haired person closed her mismatched eyes, a soft huff of air released from her nose, arms crossing over her ample chest. She seemed almost embarrassed or rather uncomfortable. It was not often that she received praise from Kuro and though the quiet girl would never know, it was something that Shiro cherished above all else. Keeping the few simple words tucked away in whatever sort of heart she had.  

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Post by Guest 26th June 2015, 10:09 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes

"Um excuse me?"

"Excuse me...?"

Ring-Ring

"Shaddup! No talking in the library!"

The elderly figure spun around in senile anger, a force of habit at this point to shriek at whatever dared to disturb the silence of the library. The old woman's almost blind eyes widened in realization at the frail girl that stood before her. A scarlet blush dusted her pale cheeks, single grey eye wide in terror, and a tiny hand carefully removed itself from the small bell placed upon the desk. "S-Sorry mam...."She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, uncomfortable from the old woman's gaze. "I was just wondering if you might be able to help me find a book called the Night's watch?" She managed to squeak out. Any form of social interaction that did not occur within her head was a terror for Kuro. She spoke only when necessary and said the bare minimum, especially when it came to regular humans whom couldn't possibly begin to fathom just how complex she was.

"No can do missy! Some youngin's went and moved all the books around. Can't find a darn thing in this library anymore unless you're lucky!"

"Oh I see...."

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Post by Guest 29th June 2015, 12:49 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes

"I told you this was a horrible idea! If we just took a mission where we actually fought stuff we wouldn't be wasting so much time! But no you just had to find a stupid book for an old lady? What does it matter? She's probably gonna die before she even finishes the damn thing. You're still gonna search for it? That's it give me control!"

Kuro ducked into a more remote book section as Shiro raged within her head. She could almost physically feel Shiro's hands wrap about her slender throat, and if anyone were to look they could see the indent of the ghost like hands upon her skin. Unfortunately, none of this was in her imagination and all of it was physically happening to her. Letting out a quiet choking noise, Kuro's hands scrambled up to her throat as if to pry the ghost like fingers away but there was nothing to grab. Stumbling into a bookshelf, her head knocking painfully into the wood, air was finally restored to her as Shiro mentally groaned from the painful hit.

Coughing while trying to suck in as much air as she could Kuro felt the white haired persona try a new tactic. "Ow!" She groaned falling to her knee's, practically feeling Shiro's body weight atop of her but alas there was nothing there. Hitting the floor, her chin knocking into the carpet Kuro groaned quietly. Of course, it was just like her to get bullied in the back of a library where none could see. Worst of all it was by the being in her head. "Just sleep or something Shiro....It won't take long probably...." Kuro whispered hoping to appease the impatient persona.

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Post by Guest 29th June 2015, 12:57 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes

Hours

Kuro had been there for hours and every other hour or so, she would have to duck into some remote corner of the library and get the living hell beaten out of her by Shiro. In fact it seemed as if Shiro simply waited until the bruises would heal, thanks to her healing factor it would take about an hour for them to fade, and then Shiro would attack again. They had repeated this quite a few times now and were in the process of repeating it again when the pattern had changed. Her head knocking painfully into the ground Kuro lay on the library floor, her body aching from the thrashing Shiro gave her, and her almost dead gaze staring up at the countless rows of books. She would never have noticed a particular book if not for how it stood out amongst the otherwise colorful assortment of books.

White

The covering was a stunning white next to the old red and green leather novels to either side of it. Upon its spine in black letters was "Night's Watch". Despite the pain her body and her unspoken irritation with Shiro, Kuro couldn't help but smile. "Look I think that's it...." She breathed out, shakily clambering up to her feet. Alas there was but one problem, the book was incredibly high up and there didn't seem to be a ladder in sight.

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Post by Guest 29th June 2015, 1:35 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes

"This is a really bad idea Shiro...."

"Quit whining the quicker you do it the less of a chance there is that someone will see you!"

Sighing Kuro couldn't argue with her persona's logic. "Here goes nothing...."She whispered feeling her magic burst forth. A single red tendrils uncoiled itself from her back, seemingly just coming out of her. Which in a sense it did, the tendril was connected to the girl and she moved it as if it was another appendage that she was born with. Although, she wasn't born with this tendril and it wasn't always so easy to move around. The red tendril stretched out for a moment, it was like a muscle of sorts and it had been tucked away for such a long time that it was best to stretch it for a moment. Finally, like a long red snake it slithered its ways up the bookcase, running along countless books until it finally touched the one it desired. Delicately, it pulled on the book until it slid out of its confines and fell through the air into awaiting hands.

"Got it!"

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Post by Guest 29th June 2015, 2:07 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes

It felt like the moment the leather touched her hands that something was going to wrong and it did. A childish scream cut through the silence of the library making Kuro's gaze turn over towards the source of the sound. There at the end of section was a young boy no older than seven or so. He appeared to be frightened and it took the girl a moment to realize that cause of his fright. "My tendril!" Color drained from her face as she quickly deactivated her magic, the tendril fading away with a crimson light. "Hey wait up!" She called, her shout weak at best as the kid took off.

She dashed after him, somewhere in the back of her mind she could hear Shiro sigh. Making a sharp turn Kuro's head whipped about trying to spot the kid who ran off, she saw him run into another section. Immediately, she took after him and the moment she turned the corner into the section, the book that was once secure in her arms was no longer in her arms. "Huh?" She tripped over an outstretched leg, sending her sprawling once more to the floor. "Ow!" She groaned out of habit but she was used to falling at this point. Looking up she spotted a group of kids, one of them holding the book she needed, and another one of them was trying to explain to the others what he saw.

where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Post by Guest 29th June 2015, 2:14 pm

look into my eyes
    look into my eyes

The other kids merely laughed at the frightened one because after all Kuro didn't look capable of producing what the child had said. Climbing up to her feet Kuro sighed as Shiro told her to scare them. She didn't want to but Shiro had a point. She certainly wouldn't be commanding their respect nor would they give her back the book even if she asked nicely. Frowning one of Kuro's hands reached for her eye patch and slowly removed it, revealing her burning crimson eye. Once more, she felt magic rushing through her but this time numerous tendrils sprouted forth from her back. "Give me back the book or else-" A sharp scream and a book was tossed at her.

"SHE'S A MONSTER!"

~*~

"That could have gone better...."

With the book dropped off at the elderly woman's place, and reward collected, Kuro couldn't help but feel horrible. Her eyepatch was once more placed firmly over her crimson eye, and her tendrils were no longer in sight. She hated using her magic in front of humans or any living creature for that matter, and the harsh scolding she received from the librarian didn't improve her mood much either. The only one who seemed to be almost happy was Shiro but that was because she enjoyed terrifying the punks who messed the library up. Perhaps the most hurtful thing was being called a monster.
    where my demons hide
    where my demons hide

made by Wolf of GS

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 3:34 pm