Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo]

counterpike

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Necromancer's Passion
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Waker Magic
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo] Empty The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo]

Post by counterpike 3rd June 2015, 8:26 pm

Job Flyer:

With the job flyer in hand, Kaze made his way down a busy street in Magnolia, his midnight blue cloak flapping behind him. He was on his way to meet the client, a merchant trying to get his hands on a flower he called a "Spirit Orchid". Kaze had never heard of such a flower, so he was hoping that the merchant had something he could use as a reference.

After a bit of searching, Kaze found the merchant's shop. As he entered, a bell rang. Inside were many exotic items that Kaze had never seen in his life. From flowers to, what looked like baskets, but you couldn't tell just by looking at them.

The merchant yelled from a room behind the counter, where Kaze couldn't see him.
    "One minute!"

He heard the merchant moving things around, and Kaze wondered what else could be tucked away behind those curtains. After a few minutes, the merchant stepped out to meet Kaze.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

/// Character /// Magic /// Bank ///  Missions Completed: 1 /// Exp Earned: 25
    counterpike

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo] Empty Re: The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo]

Post by counterpike 3rd June 2015, 9:10 pm

"Hi, I'm Kaze. I'm from Fairy Tail, you sent in a request about --

"The Spirit Orchid! Of course! I still have one in stock, let me go get it!"

The merchant went back behind the curtains. While the merchant rummaged through his stock, Kaze couldn't help but wonder as to why he would always get interrupted by everybody.

After what seemed like ages, the merchant came out with the flower.

"This is the flower, right here. One of the most beautiful flowers in all of Fiore. It's quite a trek, but it only grows in the forest aforementioned. Nobody is willing to go for the amount I'm paying. Well, until you came along."

Kaze thought to himself; Well, I already knew that one.

"Well, I think I'll be on my way. It's a long journey, so, I expect I'll be back within a week with the flower."

"That's splendid! Make sure it gets plenty of sunlight. And don't worry about watering it, the Spirit Orchid can last a whole month without water, which is..."

Kaze was already out the door before the merchant could ramble on about the survivability of the Spirit Orchid.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

counterpike

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by counterpike 4th June 2015, 4:23 pm

Kaze summoned Nimbus, his cloud mount. He crossed his legs and examined his map of Fiore. It had all of the main roads, and he had filled in blank spaces as he went along. Kaze was quite the navigator and cartographer since he'd been travelling as a child.

Kaze thought about his route while Nimbus floated through Magnolia.

"I'll stick to the main roads and rest in Clover Town, and then the next morning I'll head to the forest."

Learning from past mistakes, Kaze remembered to craft makeshift MRE's for the road. Way back when, a Rune Knight patrolling the woods taught Kaze how to make one. Kaze couldn't remember his name, or what he looked like. Probably because he was too excited about the food.

Oh, well. At least I know how to make them. Kaze thought.

And with that thought put to rest, Kaze began his journey to the Spooky Forest to retrieve the Spirit Orchid.

counterpike

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by counterpike 5th June 2015, 3:44 pm

The trip to Clover Town, the place where Kaze would rest, was mostly uneventful. Heavy rains delayed his travel three hours. His clothes were still damp by the time he reached the edges of Clover Town. Kaze could tell it was close to midnight, because the full moon was high in the sky.
    Kaze patted his pockets and emptied out his bag. He had forgotten to bring his pouch of Jewels to pay for a one night stay. He sighed, and muttered to himself;

"Every time, every time this happens to me..."

Kaze dismissed Nimbus. He dropped his sack next to the base of a tree and used it as a pillow. Luckily, the tree's leaves were thick and kept the ground under it dry from the rain. The wind was light, and the sounds of leaves rustling, crickets and katydids invaded his ears. He enjoyed the sounds of nature, especially the wind.
    Kaze couldn't sleep, he thought perhaps it was his eagerness for the next morning that prevented his slumber. He lay there, going through every possibility.

I wonder what kind of creatures reside in that forest. Maybe I'll even discover a new species! Kaze sat up suddenly, his finger pointed at the sky. That would be a lovely story to tell. He crashed back down onto his pillow, still staring at the sky. Eventually, Kaze fell asleep.

counterpike

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by counterpike 6th June 2015, 12:45 am

Kaze felt the warm rays of the sun through the leaves. He opened his eyes, revealing his blue and amber eyes to the world. He stood up, rubbing his eyes and stretching his grogginess away. The morning birds sang. Kaze noticed there was no wind, making it hotter than ever outside. Kaze rolled up the sleeves of his shirt and loosened his tie a bit, hardly enough for anyone to notice. He didn't want to look like a complete slob.

The 'Spooky Forest' is only a little while away. If I get moving soon, I should be there before mid-day.

Kaze searched through his bag and pulled out one of his MRE's. It was warm, and frankly, didn't look very tasty. It was almost paper thin, as Kaze had been lying on it all night. Kaze sighed, staring at the ruined food with disappointment. Kaze decided to toughen up and eat this mess of a meal. He tore open the brown paper wrapping, revealing a slur of different colors. All of the foods combined created a pudding-like substance. It definitely, definitely did not taste like pudding, however.

"Well, I suppose I've eaten worse before..."

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 6th June 2015, 12:45 am

The member 'counterpike' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo] StrongMonster
    counterpike

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by counterpike 6th June 2015, 2:55 pm

Kaze picked up his belongings and started his short walk to the Spooky Forest. He summoned Nimbus, and used Nimbus to cover his head as an artificial shade. After an hour or so of walking, Kaze reached the edges of the Spooky Forest. Tall, dense trees loomed over Kaze. He dismissed Nimbus, because the trees were already covering the sun. A light fog seeped from the edges of the forest. Kaze was highly confident in himself, however.

No way in Fiore I'm going to fail this mission.

Kaze threw the hood of his cloak over his head, and entered the Spooky Forest. The fog got thicker as he ventured inside, making it harder to see. It was very dim, because the tall trees blocked the sunlight well. Kaze's eyes adjusted quickly. He walked through the forest, looking for any signs of a clearing where the Spirit Orchid could grow. He came across a small pond. At a glance, it looked normal. Kaze observed it a little more, for a clue as to where the Spirit Orchid might be. The water in the pond was tainted red. Shocked, Kaze staggered backward and tripped over a root.

"Ouch! What the hell was..."

Last edited by counterpike on 6th June 2015, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

counterpike

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by counterpike 6th June 2015, 3:08 pm

Kaze could feel something approaching ten feet away with his special ability- Sentio Ventis. He stood up as quickly as he could, focusing his mind.

It's definitely not a small animal... Certainly walks on four legs... it breathes heavily, as if it's starving...

The unknown creature lurked closer to Kaze. Soon, he could feel it five feet in front of him. Its demonic yellow eyes stood out from the bushes. It snarled, and before Kaze knew it the beast pounced from the bushes. Kaze hardly rolled out of the way in time. The beast had jumped right over him. When Kaze looked back, he could see what it was. The beast was a large, white, lone wolf. And this wolf was hungry. Kaze put two and two together, realizing this must be a normal hunting area for this wolf, explaining the tainted pond.

Kaze readied himself, this was a real fight this time. The lone wolf howled and snarled, rushing at Kaze for an attack.

counterpike

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by counterpike 6th June 2015, 3:16 pm

Instinctively, Kaze ducked under the wolf and grabbed its stomach, throwing it behind him. The lone wolf landed on its feet, un-phased by Kaze's totally amazing block. Kaze had been waiting for this day, a chance to really use his magic to its full potential. He didn't plan on dodging or blocking. This time it was Kaze's turn to attack, only, he had to attack quickly as the wolf grew closer to him every second. So, instead of thinking, Kaze decided to fight by instinct, just as the wolf would. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes and cleared his mind. Kaze opened his eyes and prepared for a fight.

"Alright, let's do this. Wind Drill!"

Strong winds gathered around Kaze's fist, increasing his speed and strength. Kaze launched forward, the wind from his attack propelling him. He had no clue if this would work or not, but he was sure going to try.

Last edited by counterpike on 6th June 2015, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 6th June 2015, 3:16 pm

The member 'counterpike' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Block Dice' :
    The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo] Block The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo] Block The Rarest Flower [Job/Solo] FailedBlock
    counterpike

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by counterpike 6th June 2015, 3:30 pm

[That last blocking die was meant for the post before it, I forgot to add the dice to the post. ^.^]

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 4:36 am