Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Status Effect List [OFFICIAL WIP]

Yugi-Sempai
    Yugi-Sempai

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- Player 
    Lineage : Ancient Sealer
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 45000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire-Make
    Second Skill: Takeover: Satan Soul
    Third Skill:

Important Status Effect List [OFFICIAL WIP]

Post by Yugi-Sempai 20th April 2015, 4:34 am

<< Official Status Effect List for FTRP >>

<< WIP >>

Hey guys, Yugi here. I figured, it's been long overdue since the site worked together on something! Back when I was on the staff, I used to have big threads with an idea that the site needed; but that we ALL could work together on, before it being implemented. That way it rolls in smoothly without only, the Staff having input on something before it's rolled out.

Like all my works before, this is COMPLETELY open for EDITS and NEW STATUS EFFECTS.

I will make nearly all Edits posted by any member, regardless of who they are. Unless everything is in order. PLEASE, reply.

Without further adeu, let's get to work. I'll post the original list. You guys respond with Edits, Changes, or even NEW status effects.

This will be a way for us to stop letting people get away with stuff like 'Dazed' for 3 posts without describing what that Status Effect does! And so that we actually do some flipping effects here instead of just people using 'BERSERK' as a weakness with no penalties or nothing! Good luck to us all!

DURATIONS ARE OUT OF MY TERRITORY, AS THAT IS PROVIDED BY THE CREATOR OF ANY MAGICK DURING APP PROCESS, I'M MERELY FILLING IN A HUGE GAP THAT HAS BEEN ON THE SITE AND ABUSED FOR FAR TOO LONG, ONCE MORE DURATIONS WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED OR ADDED BY ANYONE, AS THIS IS IN THE REALM OF MODS AND ADMINS DURING MAGIC, WEAPON, OR PET APPROVAL.

------------------------------------

Poisoned - Will take 5% HP damage per post until the Magical Poison wears off. If non-Magical Poison, take 3% HP damage per post until the Poison wears off.

Stunned - You black out for a few moments, and need to recover, you are seeing stars and stumbling around. If stunned you will drop any Weapons, Firearms, or anything handheld.

Dazed - You feel like you just woke up, or got slapped in the face fifty times. Your accuracy is horrible, and you don't really answer questions that well. 80% accuracy reduction, cannot use Signature Spells while Dazed.

Berserk - You have nearly lost your whole mind in rage. You cannot receive any Buffs from allies, whatsoever. No Abilities, Spells, Enchantments seem to work on you when cast from another person, but your own Abilities, Spells, and Enchantments work just fine. You DO NOT know friend from foe under this effect, and must act as so.

Blinded - You can't see at all. Accuracy reduction of 95% with luck being your only real hope at hitting your target. Weaponskill and Melee proficiency takes a 50% dive unless your Magic is very physically oriented.

Deafened - You can't hear anything. Dodging becomes 50% more difficult for anyone afflicted with this status effect, due to the fact that it robes skilled duelists of one of the most powerful tools of Sensory. After hit with this, you cannot use Spell Mixing with any ally, due to the fact that you can't hear the spells planned to be used and won't properly be able to react fast enough to fuse magicks, you also won't be able to hear them move or call out the spell.

Confused - After figuring out where you are in a few moments, you ready yourself for whatever situation is at hand, while also trying to remember what the heck is going on. Once you do that, you must remember how to properly use your Magic. 50% Reduction of damage and accuracy.

Silenced - You can't speak. Can only communicate by body language. Any spell that has an incantation in it, will NOT be able to be used. Any Magick that requires speaking will NOT be able to be used. Celestial Spirits and Dark Celestial Spirits cannot be summoned if silenced, due to the fact that you must call out their name. Celestial Spirits and Dark Celestial Spirits may still come to the aid of their Contract Owner if they're in extreme danger though.

Fear - Under this Status Effect, you will literally stop fighting or for some reason start to feel horrified. If your character is courageous, they may stay in battle; but lose all will to fight meaning the only thing they will do is run as for some reason even the greatest hero feels that this battle or situation is suddenly hopeless. Can ONLY use defensive Magicks if afflicted with this Status Effect.

Dizzy - Walking is damn near impossible, as you try your best you can't really move that far or fast. Your aim is horrible, and the room won't stop spinning. Accuracy reduced by 50%, any Magick that requires you to perform complex motions, play an instrument, or perform more than one complex hand seals or hand signs before casting cannot be used while Dizzy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Zuo Cii
    Zuo Cii

Ye Olt Coot

Ye Olt Coot

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale Guildmaster
    Mentor : Feng Hang
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Of the Earth
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Important Re: Status Effect List [OFFICIAL WIP]

Post by Zuo Cii 20th April 2015, 4:44 am

I feel this is over systematizing. This is something important to an RPG, not really a forum rp. Lots of the effects you mention rely heavily on a stat and dice system using percent values for factors that aren't measured ever here. I don't know how we would even really react to some of these descriptions without a stat system, which is like Half Life 3 on this server, so at the end of the day I don't support the concept or the execution of it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lamia Scale Theme:

Zuo Cii Main Theme:

Zuo Cii Battle Theme:
    Yugi-Sempai
    Yugi-Sempai

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- Player 
    Lineage : Ancient Sealer
    Experience : 45000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire-Make
    Second Skill: Takeover: Satan Soul
    Third Skill:

Post by Yugi-Sempai 20th April 2015, 4:51 am

Nah, I don't want to use dice or anything. I just want people to have a reference point, to look at when someone says 'Dazed' or 'I'm Berserk now', it's kind of free roaming territory now. It may not be 'exact' but it would give some depth to things.

Nothing about it is really complicated, it's just saying what certain status effects mean instead of them just being 'nothing'

I've seen 100's of apps come and go with Poisoned, Stunned, Dazed, etc. and no description of what that does to a person; but anyway, again, this is the Suggestions section, everyone usually does a great job, but I think this would be of real help to people,

Example: Lots of Poison players have 'poisoned for x posts' but no real damage for it, therby underpowering em.  
    (That's my opinion on that little bit about Poison users, to be taken with a grain of salt)

But anyway just an idea, it is the suggestions section after all. :3 If people love it, or hate it, now or in the future at least we have something towards it, if we ever do need it, Cheers

P.S - Um, there is nothing really about numbers in there. Most of it is just an effect that tells you what you can and can't do under those effect conditions. The %'s are just for you to use your imagination during that effect for realism when RPing under that status effect.

Example: 50% accuracy down is, nowhere near your normal self taking aim.

Anyway, just an idea

Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Tartarus
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hihiirogane (日色金) - Sun-Colored Metal
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 20th April 2015, 8:06 am

It oversimplifies things o-o So D Rank poison takes 5% off of everyone's HP bar, and S Rank poison does the same? Shant that scale with rank and whatnot?

And honestly, when in a fight, these things can be duked. It kinda depends on a character's knacks and quirks, for example how buff he is, how resilient he is, whether or not he has stamina enhancements, whether or not he has other special passives that allow them to shorten these things, or only specific things etc. etc.

I dunno, I don't believe that it is required :/

But if it ends up getting supported, s'ok. This ain't gonna make fighting a thing of the past, given that it was never really a thing of the present in the first place o-o

Tōwa Lazmira
    Tōwa Lazmira

Judge and jury

Judge and jury

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Player 
    Lineage : Godchild
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cosmic Mind
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tōwa Lazmira 22nd April 2015, 2:49 pm

Its also removes RP aspects from the status. Some people want a poison or something to do something diffrent then what the "List" says. Honestly I don't like the idea of a RPG style Status effect list, this is RP not RPG, the status effects of a players magic should be run they way they want.

Towa's Theme:

Ume's Theme:
    The Blade of War - Unmade Primary Magic - Unmade Secondary Magic
    Unmade Armor - Unmade items.
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Experience : 1475

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Maid of Time
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lekuna 22nd April 2015, 3:10 pm

Im on board with the last two peeps :U

Jobs Completed

D-Rank: 6
    C-Rank: 2
    B-Rank: 2

Total Experience: 1237.5/7500

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 5:04 am