Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Party?

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Magic: Stardust
    Third Magic:

Party? Empty Party?

Post by Kirahunter 9th February 2015, 6:12 am

I suggest that we throw a party for the staff.

S rank has dropped from 75000 to 45000

Like holy sweet ballistic awesomesause! This is probably the best update since the removal of dice combat. I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum for congratulating the staff but I only know how to post suggestions so this will have to do. But yeah I have some doritos so if we could get some other chips and some soda and some cake we could have a proper celebration.

Volunteers for the list of stuff to bring?

Note: For all the new players who are enraged at the increase of the exp required for B and A Rank: this is a good thing you want this. Sure it will take you 4k exp more for A-Rank but it will take you 30k exp less for S-Rank! For scale 30k exp is equal to 5 S-Rank jobs of EXP. Doing a job above your rank is highly dangerous and 5 of them is borderline suicide making this a huge benefit to the players while still keeping S-Rank hard enough to be proud of getting.

That said we also need someone to get ice cream and balloons.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Nero_
    Nero_

Thunder Knight

Thunder Knight

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Guild Master- God Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Shinigami Protection
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor :
    Experience : 2475

Character Sheet
    First Magic: -
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Party? Empty Re: Party?

Post by Nero_ 9th February 2015, 7:31 am

Let's bring an unicorn. Unicorns are awesome.

On a more... Serious note tho, we should totes show the staff our gratitude. Like this is great! (Even though it means I'm going to have to work even more on this account and Janna's to get A, but that doesn't matter =w=)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character Theme || Insanity theme
    Party? Tumblr_n98jk3TInZ1qmxnvuo1_500
    Jubei Dracule
    Jubei Dracule

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Sacred Lineage: Child of Fate
    Guild : Tartarus
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Chinese Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Jubei Dracule 9th February 2015, 7:47 am

Sorry Kira, but your opinion is null and void lol. Honestly its not that i don't agree with you, because i do. I think the change is cool.
    However you gotta realize how much no one wants to hear this from an A rank player who doesnt have to worry about the change except the 50% reduction in the exp required for his next rank up :P. Plus from one of the people who was fathered into their rank. Meaning you already was at A rank, but not at the 7.5k threshold.

Like i said, i agree its a nice change ya know. I can see why it was done, Zack did a good job of explaining the changes and reasons. However you gotta see how some one who was already upset over the thing, isn't gonna take your opinion very highly lol. You should have made a new account first xP, a D rank sharing his love for the change is different. Seeing as he is now doubling the time it will take to arrive at B and A rank.

Its kinda like if the ice cream truck driver pulled out of our neighborhood early, and all us kids are running up with hands full of money. Yet your trying to convince us it was a good thing he left early, so he can arrive tomorrow earlier. Yet your convincing us as you eat a delicious double scoop sundae with sprinkles. Would you be able to convince us then? Not likely, in fact your lucky if you walk away still eating that ice cream sundae. Just saying lol xP

Party? Tumblr_n1xlxiApVM1rbrys3o2_500

[Profile  Φ  Magic  Φ  Pet  Φ  Bank]

COMPLETED MISSIONS:

D: 6   l C: 0   l   B: 0   l   A: 0    l   S: 0

Exp : 500 / 1200

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 9th February 2015, 3:06 pm

o-o I do have a D-Rank. Your opinion that my opinion is null and void is null and void 8)

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Vincent
    Vincent

Player 
    Lineage : Beast Pride
    Experience : 1231.25

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Vincent 9th February 2015, 3:07 pm

I am the D-Rank he is talking about. I am the kiraface I am effected by this too.

Jubei Dracule
    Jubei Dracule

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Jubei Dracule 9th February 2015, 3:13 pm

Touché my friend, touché lol.

COMPLETED MISSIONS:

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 9th February 2015, 4:23 pm

So I'll write you down for soda then?

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Jubei Dracule
    Jubei Dracule

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Jubei Dracule 9th February 2015, 4:39 pm

Put me down for 15 cases of hennessey, 12 bottles of rum, 1.5 lbs of Skywalker kush, 19 butt naked strippers, a donkey, and 6 balloons please.

COMPLETED MISSIONS:

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 9th February 2015, 4:40 pm

that's close enough to soda I guess

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Hiro Villenn
    Hiro Villenn

Villain- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : N/A
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Soul of Belial
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic:

Post by Hiro Villenn 9th February 2015, 4:58 pm

I'll say it again. Bad idea.

S-rank should be one of the most horrendously difficult things to achieve the experience needed to get there was fine. Hell I thought there should be more than exp especially now with pvp becoming a bigger deal by providing evidence of actual character development rather than just doing mission after mission and event after event just to accumulate experience.

Hiro Dialogue
    Mephistopheles Dialogue
    Hiro Thoughts

Party? Hiro%27s+Siggy
    Jubei Dracule
    Jubei Dracule

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Jubei Dracule 9th February 2015, 5:33 pm

Well reaching S shouldn't be horrendously impossible to achieve. Hell Erza started the show off as an S. "H" should be what takes a painstakingly long time to achieve, which was increased from 335k to like 555k.

COMPLETED MISSIONS:

Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Hihiirogane (日色金) - Sun-Colored Metal
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Tuna 9th February 2015, 5:56 pm

....Considering there is no one who has ranked up from A to S normally is a staple that it was too fuckin hard Hiro. The fact that going from S to H either requires rl money or that H Rank is also not casually achievable should be another staple that it IS horrendously difficult to achieve. So yeah. The changes are a good decision Hiro. Unless you can prove me wrong.

Also, how is PVP something that enables more character development than missions or events?

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 9th February 2015, 6:17 pm

Actually Lyserg we do have one recorded case of S-Rank by EXP. Sephiria before she left less then a month after obtaining it. She obtained this with a team bonus, lacrima milk and a pair of SS-Rank jobs with an H-Rank guardian angel. Circumstances that I have tried many times to duplicate but have found it to be super hard even if it appears easy when described. But you know what sounds just as hard as it actually is? Getting 75k exp any other way.

In my research of what it would take for me to get S-Rank I found it would require me to do 12 S-Rank jobs to get S-Rank from A-Rank by old rules. That is more jobs then it takes for anyone to acquire the next rank job doing jobs of a rank above theirs. D-Rank jobs when I joined gave 10 exp, requiring 15 jobs to get the next rank. A fact that made it so that doing d-rank jobs was considered completely pointless and rank up was only possible by doing C-Rank jobs. A fact that kept me at D-Rank for 18 months. Those are ten post jobs. S-Rank jobs are 40 to 60 posts. Not to mention S-Rank jobs are highly difficult and have word counts that require as much as four to six times as many words per post.

That is not even to mention the difficulty of S-Rank jobs over D-Rank. S-Rank jobs are competing for titles like King of Fighters(that means all fighters) fighting giant monsters, saving entire kingdoms, taking on the greatest dangers the world has to offer. 12 freaking times. Not to mention these are jobs meant for S-Ranks(that I will have to find a partner for which is also very hard considering how hard it is to get active high ranked players around here), not the A-Ranks who take them. Now if I wanted to do jobs actually meant for my rank to get 75k exp I would have the pleasure of doing 60 jobs. =-= now who honestly wants to do 60 jobs. Nobody even people with 3-4 characters(all added together) have done that many jobs. Do you truly still believe that 75k was a good exp target? It wasn't hard it was impossible.

40k exp is still very hard but is now an achievable feat. Go staff!

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Tuna 9th February 2015, 7:09 pm

That doesn't mute my point Kira. Obtaining 45k Exp is still incredi-hard, and S Rank is a befitting reward to anyone who manages that. H Rank at 555k? I can guarantee nobody will ever manage that. And I don't get why it was raised. There are only two recorded cases who managed the hop from S to H, which were Shuhei and Siren. So after it's actually doable, we need to make it less doable? Jesus xD

But hey, S Rank being achievable is awesome. I hope I'll have some people in my guild who make it there.

Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 9th February 2015, 7:30 pm

You're right it doesn't nullify your points because I agree with them(just had to correct the inaccuracy about no S-Ranks). I don't know how I feel about the H-Rank thing, it seemed a bit over kill but H-Rank seems to be all about Over Kill so I guess it fits?

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Krow
    Krow

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Mark of Cain
    Guild : Fairy Tail

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
    Third Magic:

Post by Krow 9th February 2015, 8:04 pm

That doesn't really help those at lower ranks. It's harder for us to now get ranks that will get us closer to the rans that are now easier to get. So its a lose, lose, lose situation for us. A win, win, win situation for anyone B-rank or above. A rank which was only 158 exp from getting now, 700+ exp away from getting. So I have a pretty good reason for being enraged. Anyways, I'll bring the fire and the chips and the real awesomeness to the party.

Party? GbnUMK2

Missions In Progress:
    Total Exp.: 562.5 Exp
    Rank Up Ratio: 562.5/750= 187.5 Exp Needed.
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 9th February 2015, 8:09 pm

Thanks for your contribution Krow. I know it looks bleak for you now but as you continue your rank climbing journey to be the very best like no one ever was you will surely appreciate the reduced S-Rank difficulty.

If nothing else when you get B-Rank it will be that much more valuable.

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Tuna 9th February 2015, 8:35 pm

Naw, I don't agree with it. But eh, I wasn't planning for H Rank this year anyways.

Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Ace)
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 1,093,688

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 10th February 2015, 12:24 pm

Dammit, now that I know that S-Rank had almost never been achieved through normal means before the EXP requirement decrease I wish I'd tried harder to get that. Would've been a fun challenge to beat.

Ah well, suppose I'll have my hands full with the EXP requirement increase for H-Rank (bring it).

Also, Kira, your alt has one of the most awesome FCs ever. That guy is one of my most favourite characters in any manga I've ever read.

Party? Akeya2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Kusanagi
    Kusanagi

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 37.5

Post by Kusanagi 10th February 2015, 4:24 pm

Lyserg wrote:....Considering there is no one who has ranked up from A to S normally is a staple that it was too fuckin hard Hiro. The fact that going from S to H either requires rl money or that H Rank is also not casually achievable should be another staple that it IS horrendously difficult to achieve. So yeah. The changes are a good decision Hiro. Unless you can prove me wrong.

Also, how is PVP something that enables more character development than missions or events?

and Lyserg wins.

Nobody ever tells me or explains how hard it truly is. They never give a simple number of information like this. They just whine that its hard and I just want to smack them because elite status is not for every character. If every character is S-rank then its value as an elite status is dwindled. But I'm going to discuss this in a different thread I'm eventually going to build up.

Now the money thing you mentioned in there just makes me angry as buying power should not be possible under any circumstances as it alienates poor people who can't afford to donate. I get sellings special weapons or pets and such that can help (although such weapons should be obtainable by other means than purchase. Tools that are exclusive to one group and unattainable by a normal(albeit again difficult) means.

E's Dialogue
    E's Thoughts
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ten No Kichi
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th February 2015, 1:05 am

Buying power was a thing in the past. It is no longer a thing. You can buy items to make it easier, but its not possible to buy ranks.

In regards to the exp changes we followed a mathematical formula that one of the mods thought up and then rounded the items to a decent value (so we don't get like 33765 exp to do stuff). If you think the current H rank exp is bad the one that was originally suggested was about 100k more than that.

In regards to no-one being able to get H it will take me two more 100 year jobs. Thats a lot of rp time and a pain in the ass, but nothing impossible and also it will be a fun rp.

In regards to Krow's comment about his exp being raised oh so much I would like to say one thing. You think you've got it tough? Really? I've been on the same 100 year mission for almost a year. A 100 year that doesn't just have one boss. It has eight. Completing that job would of got me H rank. Now I have to do two more? You're complaining about 1 or 2 more B or A rank jobs? Really? However, like I pmed everyone we have a two weeks grace period. You get the exp to rank up in that time then feel free to post up your exams and you'll get approved. I know i'll be trying to do the same with my 100 year, but I doubt its gonna happen. Still worth a shot?

And in regards to the party....I think we should have a BBQ.

Party? Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Party? Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Party? Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Ace)
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 1,093,688

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 11th February 2015, 1:23 am

I never got that PM.

Still, since I don't really care about the changes that much it doesn't really matter.

Concerning the party, meat is good.

Party? Akeya2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ten No Kichi
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Rosetta Crawford 11th February 2015, 2:07 am

Odd. It seems not every member is in the mage group as I initially thought.

Party? Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Party? Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Party? Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kirahunter 12th February 2015, 5:48 am

BBQ sounds good. It's easy to make enough food for everyone with BBQ. I can't cook my way out of a kitchen so we'll need to order some or have someone step up there...

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Character
    Primary Magic
    Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Plague Craft
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Godlike Frederik 12th February 2015, 5:55 am

>.> would the one who decided it was a good and fun idea to steal one of my precious expensive wines from my cellar. Please return it, it was a 20 year old bordeaux and was saving it for a special occasion.

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 4:09 pm