Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Secondary Magic, Training threads and Tertiary magic oh my

Rosetta Crawford
    Rosetta Crawford

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Embodiment of the 13th
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sky Emperor Shangdi
    Experience : 367,824.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ten No Kichi
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Discussion Secondary Magic, Training threads and Tertiary magic oh my

Post by Rosetta Crawford 18th January 2015, 4:21 pm

Alright guys we currently have it so that in order to get a secondary magic you need to be C rank and have 100 posts. I'm all good with that.

I'm also good with the need to have a thread in order to train and learn this magic rather than 'oh i magically have it'.

However, the mentor part is what is most difficult. Often it is hard to find a mentor and even if you do it rarely makes sense. I had someone come to Zack for requip training and another one for some transforming sword. Doesn't make a lot of sense as he is a slayer who uses swords, not a reqipper and his sword doesn't magically transform.

I've discussed this with a few admins and we have come up with the following amendment which we'd like opinions on.

Secondary training threads no longer require a mentor. A mentor will just make it easier to some extent.

We are thinking of this for the numbers:

With mentor: 20 posts each, 250 words per post minimum. If trainee wants to do more posts, than the mentor can do fewer, but the difference cannot be greater than ten posts (e.g. 15, 25). The trainee must always have equal to or more posts than the mentor.
    Without mentor: 40 posts, 300 words per post minimum.

-------------------------------------------
    Now whilst on the topic of training threads I have another proposition which should not only please the members, but encourage rping rather than jewel spending and thus stop people complaining about prices as much.

We could introduce training threads for spell slots. You could still purchase them, but this would be an alternate method that I know i'd personally prefer. It could also be used to earn secondary spell slots, which are not obtainable in any fashion until the dungeon system is done.

The numbers I would suggest are something like this:

D: 10 Primary, 15 secondary
    C: 15 Primary, 25 Secondary
    B: 25 Primary, 35 Secondary
    A: 35 Primary, 45 Secondary
    S: 45 Primary, 55 Secondary
    H: -, 70 Secondary (only one ever achievable)

We'd need to work out maximum slot numbers for secondary of course, but...I think it could work. Numbers probably need tweaking a bit.

------------------------
    Final topic;

Tertiary magic is only acheivable by two classes of mage both who are very rare (GM's and H ranks). It is basically defined as magic that can't be used in combat or if so is purely utility like an information transfer.

A few of us admins discussed this earlier and proposed that we replace the tertiary magic system with a new system called 'Utility spells'.

A maximum of five would be allowed per mage.
    C ranks would get 1.
    B ranks 2
    A ranks 3
    S ranks 4
    H ranks 5

Each unlocked ability would also be more effective/powerful.

These can follow the same principle as your primary/secondary magic, but cannot relate to them.

Examples of utility spells:

Flight
    Lock Picking
    Information Transfer
    Magical Mapping

These would basically be for the most part non-combat spells that aid rping and can be used for plot based shenanigans.

So we wouldn't need an overall magic description or anything. Just these five spells. Not sure how these should fit with the current magic template though.
    --------------------
    Tl;dr - Allow training for secondary without mentors, alter post and word counts for secondary magic training, allow training for primary and secondary spell slots rather than purchasing, replace tertiary magic with utility spell system.
    -----------------------

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Secondary Magic, Training threads and Tertiary magic oh my Zack2_by_gramcrackers-d8ker96

Secondary Magic, Training threads and Tertiary magic oh my Zack_by_ravenart5-d8j23c0

Secondary Magic, Training threads and Tertiary magic oh my Zackrose_zpse9a22d85
    Current missions(4/6):  get the squid A, King of Fighters(S), Village Protection(A), Repair the House(D)

Current date/time is 29th March 2024, 1:09 am