Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Help with archiving?

Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Nessa Cordelia Lux

Starlight Maiden

Starlight Maiden

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Custom Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Idolize- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Best GFX Artist Award- Player 
    Lineage : Vassal of the Cosmos
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 145
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 26,209

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Starlight Maiden
    Second Skill: Valkyrie Summoner
    Third Skill: Moon Goddess Slayer

Help with archiving? Empty Help with archiving?

Post by Nessa Cordelia Lux 25th October 2018, 5:49 pm

Hello ma lovelies,

This post is actually a two parter, the first being an Enquiry, followed by a potential suggestion based on what you guys think of it.

So like, I noticed theres an Archive section for Rps right? And I’m sure evey now and then there a staff clean up where the site boards are looked through and old rps are chucked in there. To me, this sounds like one heck of a job to do all at once. (Then again I haven’t ran a site in over 8 years so I don’t remeber all details of what goes into it. Hek, it could be super easy for all I know!)

Regardless, what I wanted to know, is if it would benefit staff for people to have their socials or even jobs archived once they are completed. Thus meaning the staff team don’t have to do them all at once at a later date. For example if a member where to head to the Thread Moving thread and submit their socials there. Cause I noticed people use that thread for occasionally Archiving magic and stuff, but not socials nor jobs.

Now if you guys have no issue with this anyway, then feel free to dismiss this and don’t bother with the suggestion below, however if you feel like this would help you guys. Then I have an idea that might be neat for those who are willing to submit their stuff for archiving.

Oh you likey? Then click here XD:

Anyhoo, thanks for reading!

Dezzie

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Help with archiving? 60582_s

Lester Drynedi
    Lester Drynedi

Gentleman florist

Gentleman florist

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 1

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Help with archiving? Empty Re: Help with archiving?

Post by Lester Drynedi 25th October 2018, 6:20 pm

Okay, just noting here that this is not final, its not overall staff. Its just my opinion <33 so any other members and staff feel free to comment.

We don't really archive rp thread unless the owner of the thread requests it, some people get their old character threads archived or if they've removed a thread from their timeline. If its archived because of a major rules break then it goes in staff archives. Members are more than welcome to archive their rp threads but it rarely happens since its easier to just ignore it happened and the archives is a scary dark place if you ever want to find it again.

Its actually easy to mass archive since you can select entire pages at once, so if we do go through and archive heaps of threads at once it wouldn't be too much trouble. Plus if old people come back looking for threads or if people who've been here for a while want to find an old thread its easier to keep it all in the same board.

Don't feel discouraged <33 If any other staff agree we could make another template in thread moving for old rps if people want them archived or locked, and like I said there may be other staffers that disagree with me, other members are welcome to give input too

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Help with archiving? Empty Re: Help with archiving?

Post by Guest 25th October 2018, 6:39 pm

I know some sites constantly prune their rp sections but i don't really get why. It makes the boards clean yeah but if someone is trying to look for a certain thread then it makes it 1000x more difficult than going to the board it was written in. (plus it also makes the boards look more lively instead of inactive. I've always liked going back and reading old threads so i'd kind of miss that)

It could be a cool system if we were that type of site, but we don't normally archive rp threads anyway. Nor do i think we will. (The archives of this site are also disorganized as hell. I wouldn't even want to put any of my own stuff in there because it's a black hole where nothing would ever see the light of day ever again)

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 6:35 am