Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Learning curve (job solo)

Luceam
    Luceam

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Equilibrium Equinox
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,252,365

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Nature Fairy
    Second Magic: AT-X
    Third Magic: Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Learning curve (job solo) Empty Learning curve (job solo)

Post by Luceam 12th October 2018, 2:48 pm

Luna had heard that rune knights come to a small village to retire, however she was shocked to have seen a job posting. The village chief had grown worrisome that the retired knights had grown longing for the olden days of their service to Fiore. Getting out of the carriage and walking down the path to the village, Luna encountered other mages in a similar position, however each of them were going to different targets. Luna checked her Ilac and confirmed her report again, a farmer named Maris Strake, former internal investigations officer. She had been retired for nearly twenty years and moved in with her daughter and son in law on the farm after retiring. Luna figured it wasn't gonna be easy either, as she guessed that Maris might not be eager for a disciple. Approaching the farm ground on a path diverging from the main path, she noticed the open fence and a middle aged man tending to the rows of crops before he noticed Luna and started to walk towards her, meeting her quarter way on the path in the middle towards the farmhouse. "Hey, would you happen to be the mage the village chief spoke of?

Luna nodded, "I am Luna Mira. she was glad that she was expected as that makes things a bit easier, or so she thought. "I see, glad you're here, my mother in law is in the barn in the back. It hasn't, been used for animals in years. She's set up some sort of workshop there on our request. However that only did well to keep her occupied. Not as effective lately. We haven't told her of this but I think she already knows, you've gotten the report, good luck." Luna nodded and started to walk around the house and towards the open barn in the back, she could hear the sound of something scraping on wood. Standing in the doorway, she saw an elderly woman sitting on a stool, smoking a cigar while carving a shaft of what Luna inferred as a spear, given that she could see all sorts of weaponry across the barn. Mostly wooden weapons, including wooden swords that appeared to range from sparring weapons and decorative.

Luna took a few steps in before Maris stopped suddenly, her reflexes sharp as her glare shot right to Luna instantly, carrying a force strong enough to almost make Luna want to run for the hills. A silent moment passed before Maris let up her glare into a fixed stare as she held back on her intimidation. "Who're ya?" Luna gulped back her anxiety as she introduced herself, bowing respectfully. " I am, Luna Mira, Ms. Strake, I, I have come to seek your guidance and traini-" Luna stopped as a spear just missed her, jumping back, "Don't bullshit me, you're a mage on a job. To get me to train you as everyone's been worried about us retirees. Listen here, if I want a disciple I'll get a disciple. I used to work for internal affairs, I can practically smell the bullshit and finding out was easy. Go get your reward or whatever and leave." Luna could see the pissed off expression on the woman's face as she was holding another spear. For some reason, she figured this time Maris would miss. Luna had strong magic lost to time and she was looking at a woman with a spear and yet she felt vastly outclassed. She managed to get out a single word, "I-." Before turning around and started to leave in shame. She knew she couldn't force the woman to do anything, nor does she have any right to interfere. However as she was coming around the house again, she heard a man's voice scream in pain.

Running around front, she saw the man from earlier on his knees, blood dripping down from his mouth to his chin, a black eye, with each arm being stretched out by two bandits while a third was in front. The lead bandit was cracking his knuckles as he was preparing to slap another time. Luna was about to raise her voice to intervene but she then heard a child's voice as a young boy came running out of the house with a frying pan towards the bandit. "Leave my dad alone you monsters!" Luna started to jog forward to try and intercept the kid. "Wait kid! Don't do it!" But before Luna could stop the kid, the lead bandit grabbed the kid by the collar and held him up at arms length. With his other hand, he grabbed the man's neck and made him watch as he threw his kid onto the ground. The man tried to struggle but Luna stood there in shock for a second, attacking the man was one thing, but what he did to the boy without mercy, was cruel. Luna looked as the kid was barely moving, unable to tell if he was conscious. She bit her lip as she clenched her fists, her sweet eyes being over come by rage as she had built up energy in her right hand.

"You heartless bastards! Aura scattershot!" Luna through a five balls of white energy gathered in her hand towards the targets, the two bandits holding the man got hit with two balls each, while the lead got hit right in the right eye. The two bandits let go of the man, who proceeded to jump and tackle the lead bandit, and repeatedly punch him in the face as he was down. Meanwhile Luna made a dash for the two bandits as she extended her fingers and folded in her thumb as a blade of white energy extended from her fingertips "Spirit blade!"

Luna slid as the two bandits started to turn, but Luna slashed both their knees from the back causing both to fall to their knees, then the shock hurt worse as they keeled over. Luna stood up as the blade dissipated, one of the bandits started crawling but Luna stomped down hard on his back. "You think you can raid whatever you want, hurt a child, and get away with it..." The other bandit raised his head "What If I say yes?" Luna simply shot him a glare and he put his head back down. Luna checked on the man, as he had rendered the bandit unconscious. Luna then ran to the boy, and knelled down to pick him up in her arms. "Dear lord..."

The man then turned to Luna and started to sprawl towards this son. "Mishka! My baby boy! Is he alright?!" Luna tightened her grip on the boy as her hands started to glow, a gentle smile adorned on her face as she spoke in a calming voice. "He will be... Inverse Integration." Luna poured her energy into the boy as the bruises and scratches seemed to reverse themselves. Luna held onto him for almost a minute until he opened his eyes. He springed up and turned around and headed straight for his father. Tears down his face. "Dad! You're okay...." Blood started to come out of Luna's mouth as she could feel intense pain as if her organs had been moved around before she could've noticed. Luna then looked at the man's injuries. "S ir, you got some wounds, want me to treat them as well?" The man raised one hand from around his son to deny the generous gesture. "No, you're generosity is more then I deserve. You'e healed my son and helped my stop the bandits. I cannot accept anything more, especially if it hurts you."

Luna wiped the blood away from her mouth as she heard someone approach from behind. Maris approached the scene holding a rod of some sort that appeared to be a handle of some sorts. She walked towards the bandits, seemingly pissed off more then Luna was a moment ago. Tightening her grip, a whip of fire extended from the handle. Cracking the whip several times, she gathered all three bandits. "The mage showed you mercy beyond what you deserve! Be grateful it was her who came after you, otherwise you would've lost more then a few days.... Now begone, and if you come back... I will rip each of you apart limb by limb one at a time!" Maris proceeded to grab the handle with both hands before she chucked the three men into the distance using the whip. Breathing heavily, she turned her gaze to look at Luna. "I saw what you did back there girl, if anything, you're a reckless inexperienced mage. However you got strong morals and respect, and maternal instincts that are able to fan a fire strong enough to put scum down. I like that, if you wanna train, I'll you. Meet me out back in the barn once you catch your breath pinky, I can tell what you did to my grandson wasn't a one way heal. That magic seems, oddly self destructive."

Maris headed back to the barn while the man turned to face Luna, and mouthed the words "Thank you" before he took his son back inside. Luna sat for a few minutes, letting her injuries get a minute to rest. She was not hit by the bandits, but the rebound on her one and so far only healing ability was awkward as it felt like she was strangled from the inside. Luna slowly lifted herself off the ground as she regained her balance. Not knowing what to expect, she made her way to the back of the residence again as she looked at Maris sitting on a stool underneath a branch of a tree that was almost a meter thick in diameter. Luna approached Maris, who actually had a smile on her face. "So you decided to join. I'll spare you the whole knight stuff, you're a mage through and through. But what I'm going to teach you is far more valuable and more fun for me. Basic combat. " Maris pointed to the hatchet at the base of the trunk. "Well, let's start with a test. Underneath this tree is a water deposit, my daughter in law has been thinking of putting in a well. Do whatever you want to get rid of it, but you can't use magic attacks to remove it." Luna nodded and picked up the hatchet and started swing at the tree, however the tree seemed to be strong as the bark was barely chipped. "Oh, I forgot to mention this is a rare magic tree. Only reason it wasn't cut down before was that it's bark made for great food and cinnamon, however near the end of it's lifespan the tree hardens." Luna nodded and kept swinging at the same point but there was barely any noticeable chipping.

Maris spoke up after a while, as it was clear it would be a waste to spend more time on it. "Alright, time to move on. Come over here." Maris and Luna walked into the open field, it was at this point Luna noted the presence of Mishka, the man, and his twelve year old daughter were out back, clearly excited to watch. Maris grabbed a piece of rope from  her pocket and tied Luna's arms behind her back. Maris pulled out her fire whip, at this point Luna was able to tell, it was a try to dodge experiment.

Maris activated her whip as it  the fire rope extended, cracking the whip, she aimed for Luna who barely dodged it. Luna was shaky with her balance. However she then whipped to the right and hid the ground, and the man quickly hit a lacrima crystal to the left of him and a familiar music beat started as Maris stated to sing while she continued.."♫Let's get down to business, to defeat the foes. Did they send me housewives, when I never asked, for hoes? ♫" Luna didn't know how to respond to the music, or being called a hoe while her arms were tied behind her back and being attacked by a whip, now getting repeatedly hit. "What have I gotten myself into?" Luna then tripped and Maris wrapped the whip around Luna and pulled her in close, grabbing her by the chin. "♫You're the weakest mage I've ever met, but you can bet before we're through, missy I'll, make a knight, out of you.♫"

Later on, Luna was watching and learning Maris with sword play, with dummies and a rack of lit candles and saw Maris cut off the tops of lit candles with just the top left on a sword after cutting a dummy in half. "♫Keep your level head, with a will of fire. Once you plant your foot down, you're sure to inspire!♫" Luna tried to cut the wooden dummy with the steel sword but it got caught in the head but she couldn't get it out, tripping and knocking the dummy and the candle rack. Maris stomped on the candles before the fire spread, shaking her head. "♫You're the most green rookie I ever met, and you can be before we're through, somehow I'll, make a woman out of you!♫" "Weren't you trying to make a knight out of me?"

As Luna was being shown some hand to hand drills, she was told to come at Maris with a punch, but Maris intercepted and threw Luna over her shoulder, landing at the feet of the three spectators. They were genuinely concerned for Luna but couldn't upset the beat. "♫Grandma's got her on the ropes♫"  "♫Anyone feel free to tag in..♫""♫Man I really hope she'll be okay♫""♫Now I see why Grandma told me nope♫" Luna got up as she started to walk back to train with Maris in hand to hand drills. "♫Could someone please get me son Gin?"♫" "♫Man that girl is hard to dismay!♫" Luna then proceeded to spar in hand to hand with Maris, always getting brutally thrown or knocked down.

Later on under the moonlight, Luna and Maris were practicing sword drills, on the spine of the roof of the barn, as the magic lacrima kicked in with backup vocals for the chorus. Luna was losing ground quickly as she was two meters from the edge.  "♫Be a Knight! You must be swift as the coursing river. Be a knight! With the force of a great typhoon. Be a knight! With the strength of a raging fire!♫" Locking blades, Maris eventually gotten the drop on Luna and she was sent tumbling down the roof, and caught herself on the ledge as Maris stared into the sky. "♫Mysterious as the dark side of the moon! Time is racing towards us, till the end, arrives. Head my every order, and you might, survive!♫" However as Luna was getting back up, she fell off into a pile of hay. Maris shook her head in disappointment as she climbed down from the barn, meeting Luna  as she crawled out of the pile of hay. Turning her back to Luna as she started to walk back to the house. "♫You're unsuited for, the the rage of war. Pack up, go home, you're through. How could I, make a knight out of you?♫"

Picking herself up, Luna was gonna follow but she noticed the hatchet was still next to the tree. Walking over, she grabbed the hatchet as she started to swing again at the tree, again and again until she finally buried the hatchet in the tree. Pulling it out, she kept swinging all night, making progress until she was almost all the way through but then the hatchet shattered. Luna then started to push and eventually the tree fell over. Causing a large thud that woken the whole house as the inhabitants cleared out to see Luna sitting on the stump of the tree, out of breath but looked willing to fight and Maris smiled, legitimately impressed.

Later on after a few days, Luna was dodging Maris's whips while tied behind her back, eventually closing the distanced and kicking the whip out of her hand. "♫Be a Knight! You must be swift as the coursing river. Be a knight! With the force of a great typhoon. ♫" Shortly after, Luna was able to slice the dummy cleanly in half with a single motion then cut off the the tops off of a rack of candles, and which the flames died out a few seconds after resting on the side of the blade. "♫Be a knight! With the strength of a raging fire! Mysterious as the darkside of the moon!♫" On At the end of the day Luna was sparring with Maris again on top of the barn but this time Luna was holding her ground until Maris got knocked off, barely catching herself as the music died out.

The next day, Maris met Luna in the field. Sitting on a stool cracking her knuckles as Luna stood before her. "I gotta admit kid, it's been a while since I've had as much excitement as I had in these past few days. But I'm old, I accept that, so now we're at the end of the line, one last test. Feel free to use whatever ya want against me." Maris stood up and pulled out her whip as she prepared herself. Luna's gaze was as keen as ever as she found she enjoyed training under Maris, however she was sad that this was the end. Luna started off by gathering a ball of energy in her hands before throwing it at her feet spending waves out around her. Instinctively Maris jumped back avoiding the first wave, and summoned and slashed with her flame whip to counter the second to prevent herself from behind it. However Luna smirked as she kicked upwards as a wave of white energy got launched at Maris while she was countering the second wave of the earlier attack. Maris got hit full on by the spell. Luna then moved in and closed the distance with a punch to the sternum knocking Maris down, and hearing a loud snap."I, yield. Seems like I'm not as spry as I thought I once was, plus you've clearly studied me for days. I doubt I could get any edge on you anymore." Luna looked stunned as she had taken down Maris easily, but concluded that no matter how hard you train, age can still weigh you down.

Luna offered Maris her hand and held her to the stool, Maris was laughing. "Ya know, I don't miss the old days as much as I thought. Think I can retire more peacefully now. However, Luna, your days are just starting. That magic alone is not gonna get you far..." Maris hands her whip to Luna "Here, take this, may it serve you better then it has served me." Luna gasped before accepting it "Are you sure?" Maris nodded. "Yes, my days are done. However you have earned this. Now you should be heading out, there are people who got jobs that need doin, get on out of here. But feel free to keep in touch every now and then, let me know you're still kickin'" Luna nodded as she hid the whip under her qipao and stood up and bowed. "Thank you for everything." Before heading out of the property, to begin the next page of her life.

WC 3232

Last edited by Luceam on 26th November 2018, 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luna Mira ff66cc||| AT-X |||
    Nature Fairy |||Neptuna 99ff66

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Luceam
    Luceam

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Equilibrium Equinox
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,252,365

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Nature Fairy
    Second Magic: AT-X
    Third Magic: Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Learning curve (job solo) Empty Re: Learning curve (job solo)

Post by Luceam 12th October 2018, 2:48 pm

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luna Mira ff66cc||| AT-X |||
    Nature Fairy |||Neptuna 99ff66

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Learning curve (job solo) Empty Re: Learning curve (job solo)

Post by NPC 12th October 2018, 2:48 pm

The member 'Luceam' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Learning curve (job solo) OdAaNwh

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 10:03 pm