Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Little Green Fairy [Ruvel]

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Wings of Winter
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux
    Experience : 1,572,642

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic: Ice Dragon Slayer
    Third Magic:

Little Green Fairy [Ruvel] Empty Little Green Fairy [Ruvel]

Post by SeaGlass 8th October 2018, 3:40 pm

Here Arcadia was back in Tolgalen again. It didn't seem like that long since was here for the Tri-Guild Beach Festival thing. Everyrhing seemed so much bigger this time, but probably only because she was so much smaller herself.

Ever since Arcadia had accepted the dragon slayer lacrima, gifted to her from her dragon foster mother either from beyond the grave or somehow left her through ages from the past, she had been feeling increasingly out of sorts.

She was sure it would all even out once she mastered the extra magic and little taste of her mother's power that came with the lacrima.  What Arcadia wasn't so sure would go away was this latest shoe to drop. Just a couple mornings ago, she woke with her nightgown being a few sizes too big. All her clothes were.

Arcadia had shrunk significantly enough, she had climb a chair to get a good look in the vanity mirror above her dresser. Not just shrunk, but she appeared like her 5 year old self again.

Little Green Fairy [Ruvel] 7DiFE06

The young slayer was sure the interaction between her Dragon Seed and all the extra magic she hadn't mastered yet was the source of her other troubles. Arcadia just didn't see how this problem could be connected. It could be, but if it had some other cause, it wouldn't be going away once she got a handle on her new magic.

She had to visit one of non-wizard friends in Magnolia to borrow a couple old dresses from their younger sibling. A regrettable, of necessary experience, because now she had clothes that fit again. Sadly, she would never live this down, even of she can fix it. They made sure to preserve the memory of their wizard 'babysitter' looking years younger then they are with numerous pictures on their iLacs.

That and the more numerous times she got stopped walking around Magnolia to be asked if she was lost, taught her to conjure and wear a shadow puppet of her normal age to walk around with.  Sadly, she could not maintain the magical disguise at all times. That was why she was back in Tolgalen now. Arcadia remembered seeing and hearing rumor of some
    members of the WFTC suffering a similar magical condition. Maybe she learn something from their experience that could help her fix this.

She would start at the top to feel out if they were even willing to help her out. Arcadia was pretty sure one of the head honchos was named Ruvel, so little Arcadia hung out at the beach, asking any staff or promising passersby if they had seen or knew where she could find him.

WC: 444

Last edited by SeaGlass on 15th January 2019, 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Little Green Fairy [Ruvel] 3FQiytD

**☆Arcadia's Theme (as discovered by Mura)☆**:
    Ruvel
    Ruvel

Deceiving Spiritual Light

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spiritual Light
    Position : God of Resilience
    Guild : GM of Onyx Moon
    Mentor : Cirven
    Experience : 3,757,396

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Amma Olpirt Gah-l
    Second Magic: Light Demonslayer, 2nd Gen
    Third Magic:

Little Green Fairy [Ruvel] Empty Re: Little Green Fairy [Ruvel]

Post by Ruvel 23rd October 2018, 10:05 am

Seeing a young girl on the beach alone a elderly couple stopped to look for a few moments before the husband walked over, he was wearing a sea blue coloured summer jacket, white trousers and green top. "Are you lost sweetheart?" he asked a gentle grandfatherly tone rolling from his lips showing concern for her well being before he looked at the last person whom she had been talking to. "What's going on Tom?" he asked the dirty fair haired youth "Afternoon Mr. Peters, she's looking for Ruvel Mizune." he replied, he had no idea as to why but knew she mustn't be from around here as everyone in Togalen knew where to find the Mizune brothers. The elderly woman walked forward now, she was in a long flowing spring green dress and had her grey hair up in a bun with matching ribbons weaved in. "You said Ruvel right?" she said just making sure before her steel blue eyes went to the small girl before pointing to the large lacrima floating atop of a white building a little way a ways "He stays over there my dear, you'll likely have to have your mommy or daddy talk to someone in the reception as he might not be around." she said with a warm tone only seeing a small child and nothing more "Now run a long to your parents, they're likely wondering where you are." Mr Peters said with a small chuckle before he and his wife wandered off with Tom.

Word Count: 252

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th January 2019, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Little Green Fairy [Ruvel] 59835_s
    On the battlefield various things are running rampant...
    Victory... Defeat... Hatred... Chance Luck... and
    Betrayal

Golden Lacrima Ends: 17/01/2021
    SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 24th October 2018, 4:20 am

Little Arcadia bristled at first. She knew this problem was going to follow her everywhere she went. It was indeed frustrating, but she chose to see it as a sign that people in general cared. The slayer took a deep breath and didn't bother showing off her Fairy Tail guild mark. Instead, she played along and smiled to Mrs and Mr Peters and Tom, "Thanks, ma'am and misters. I'll go tell... my big sister."

She hesitated at the end, unable to bring herself to lie about her parents. Being twice orphaned from her human family then dragon foster mother She just couldn't do it. It was easy enough to imagine Nessa had really come along though, so with that Arcadia bowed graciously to the kind people and scampered along.

Arcadia kept the building with large lacrima the Peters and Tom had pointed out to her in sight. She hurried towards it as fast as her little bare feet could caddy her. In fact, she concentrated magic power down in the soles of her feet. Once a slick coating of ice formed, she stooped forward and speed skated the rest of the way there.

To avoid the same problem with whoever she'd find in reception, little Arcadia conjured a shadow copy of her normal 14 year old self to wear in disguise. She couldn't disguise her younger sounding voice, so she hoped this shadow puppet would be enough.

Walking inside and up to reception, she made sure to display her light blue Fairy Tail guild mark. "I'm Arcadia Fairchilde of Fairy Tail. I dun got an appointment, but I need to meet with Ruvel. I believe he may be one of the only people who can help me or point me to someone who can."

Arcadia dismissed the shadow puppet she was wearing to illustrate what she needed help with. "I believe I've come down with a magical affliction similar to the one I heard he and a couple others like the Dragon King are suffering."

WC: 335
    Total WC: 779

Last edited by SeaGlass on 14th January 2019, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 21st November 2018, 5:27 pm

The receptionist looked at the shadow puppet of the seemingly older person and quirked an eyebrow seeing right through it "Miss Fairchilde, our company is seemingly being run by a bunch of children because of a magical curse, there is no need to feel ashamed of such a thing happening to yourself." the gentleman said with a warm tone as she introduced herself taking note of the Fairytail guild mark that the other had fully aware that the company had bonds with the guild he knew that the young CEO would see her without issue, more so as he had no other meetings today. "No appointment needed Miss Fairchilde, Mr Mizune has no meetings today however he is not actually inside the building at the moment, he's likely on the roof." he explained with a small chuckle knowing that he was still expected to train and get better at his magics and his summons hadn't been letting up in the slightest. "You could take a seat in the waiting room or you could go out the way yo-" he was interrupted by a almost scream that came to a sudden halt.

Outside the window was a four year old hanging upside down his arms crossed and his legs caught by webbing, he looked up to the roof and yelling at whomever it was above him. "Seems like he is finished for now, I do apologise for the yelling he'll be fine in a few seconds." He said watching as his CEO was lowered carefully onto the ground. "He will likely have a translator, for some reason he can not speak the same language that we do" he admitted to her with a gentle and quiet tone as not to disturb others. "If you go out of the main doors and to the left you will find him." he said allowing her to make her way to see Ruvel who would be dusting his white mandarin suit with ice blue silk stitching stating his name, rank and his guild symbol on it.

Word Count: 341
    Total Word Count: 593

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th January 2019, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 24th November 2018, 1:03 am

Little Arcadia bowed to the receptionist, dropping the shadow puppet. "Not ashamed, but it can be easier if not everyone thinks you've lost yer mommy. Thanks!  Bowing one more time, she smiled and waved as she scampered back out the doors.

Skidding a little, she took that left turn and continued scampering until she came upon the young CEO. She glanced up toward the where he must've come from with all that webbing to stop him. I know you maybe didn't do that on purpose, but that looks like one hella boss ride down! We should go back up there and try doing it that again. Is that webbing yours or someone else's? Uhh also, Hi, I'm Arcadia! Arcadia Fairchilde of Fairy Tail. I dunno if you remember seeing me around at that little beach party you had here for the Alliance. I was a little taller then, which is the main reason I'm here. I remembered some of you all having... something similar happen to you, and I was hoping you maybe could help me fix it? Or point me toward a way to fix it.  And if there's time I would love to do that webbing jump thing!"

WC: 200
    Total WC: 979

Last edited by SeaGlass on 14th January 2019, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 24th November 2018, 7:00 pm

The receptionist couldn't help but nod to what the young mage had said to him "Ah, but Miss Fairchilde please remember that looks are deceiving and it can work in your benefit at times as everyone underestimates children." he said with a warm tone trying to help her look on the brighter side of things during the time her condition lasted. He knew that many underestimated the younger of the two CEO's because of his age then again, he had seen him negotiate particularly fussy clients down getting the company a better deal than was originally asked for. He could see it from the others point of view however and was at least glad that she wasn't allowing her predicament get her down.

Ruvel blinked looking at the other unsure what she was even saying to him so the confusion was written all over his face until the unseen Shindara translated what was said to him. He began to speak but it would have sounded like a whole bunch of gibberish to the other but had instructed Shindara to be his translator. 'I do apologise for invading your mind, my people communicate telepathically. My twin brother and I unfortunately read everyone like open books but please rest assured your secrets and such will not be spoken by us unless you give permission or you are a threat to our summoner.' he sent to the other, he preferred being upfront about his and Amuul's abilities though understood why it made people uncomfortable. He and Amuul however had their own additional rules on top of their racial and social ones so they didn't break privacy of people unless really needed. 'My name is Shindara, I am the crowned prince of my race and have a twin brother named Amuul who also holds the same abilities as I do; if you have any questions feel free to ask them though I may not an answer when I do it will be completely truthful. For now I am to be my summoners translator' he said introducing himself not wanting her to feel at ill ease not knowing anything about him.

Listening to Ruvel's words he looked to her from Ruvel's shadow 'It wasn't on purpose, I train with my summons every day so I can bond with them better. One of my daily training is my endurance and speed since I'm not built to be a warrior. The summon I am working with at the moment has me run up her web, she gives me a few seconds head start and then chases after me; if she catches me then I return back to the bottom and start again...' he explained taking a few seconds to take in the next part 'If I manage to get to the top then the lesson for that day is done. I would rather not be falling off the roof of the company building it is unprofessional, I could only imagine what our clients think of what just happened there.' he finished explaining Ruvel shaking his head sighing. 'My summoner was unable to make it to the beach festival he was ill at the time and so had to remain bed bound' he explained letting the four year old summoner know what was being said before Ruvel pointed to himself "Ruvel Mizune" he said at least trying to introduce himself by himself but was unsure how well he was doing before speaking once more 'He says that he has been trying to find a cure himself, the others that were affected at the same time as himself have seemed to gone back to normal but he himself has remained at this age.' Shindara explained though frustration would be seen on Ruvel's face on the matter.

Word Count: 627
    Total Word Count: 1,220

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th January 2019, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 27th November 2018, 12:18 pm

Little Arcadia hung her head hearing  the bad news. She looked at her smaller than normal hands, sighing softly. The littlest slayer smiled and bowed graciously, "Guess that means I'm stuck like this until it wears off. Thankyou for your time. if you happen to find anything that works for you, would you do me a favor and send note to me at Fairy Tail? Though they might have completely different causes, gotta try everything."

She tilted her head curiously, casually looking up toward the heights of the building. Not exactly sure who she should be addressing, so she just asked them all, "So you guys are like part spider or somethin'?  Sweet. If it's not too rude of me ta ask, does this translator thing normal or is it part of what made you little?"

Approaching the side of the building, Arcadia froze a hand, then a barefoot to it. She climbed up a foot or two, freezing and unfreezing her skin to the outside wall. The slayer smiled back over her shoulder, "C'mon. We can talk more on the way up. This bungee-web jumping you invented looks like fun. You can even call it training."

WC: 197
    Total WC: 1176

Last edited by SeaGlass on 14th January 2019, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 27th November 2018, 12:38 pm

The receptionist nodded taking notes and placing it into a folder where it transfered into a lacrima and vanished to go to the right department, it wasn't known but there was a development area that was looking into such things so that this could possible come to an end quicker if it ever happened again. "Of course Miss Fairchilde" the receptionist said watching as she moved out of the building to see the CEO of the company.

Shindara couldn't help but chuckle a little at her question shaking his head from the shadow of his summoner. 'No, we are not part spider we are what are known as Deathless, we are void dwelllers. The one you are looking for does have spider lineage but is a dark elven maiden who does not have the best sense of humour.' he admitted to her while Amuul was translating for Ruvel so he knew what was going on. Ruvel started to speak but again it would sound like nonsense a his eyes looking down 'Our summoner says, this was his native language when he was this young... he can't remember how to speak how you do or what is now normal to him. He feels ashamed that he has to have his summons translate for him.' he allowed the other to know hoping she would be understanding of how sensitive something like this was for the youth. What she wouldn't know was right now he was deadly afraid because people were still hunting him and it would be easier to find him at current because of his predicament, after all there weren't a lot of toddlers that glowed.

Ruvel was given more of what was said and shook his head, he knew it was unprofessional given that it was the company building and even worse his summon wouldn't take kindly to it he thought so started to talk once more. 'I'm sorry but our summoner is against what you are asking, he says that his summons aren't toys they're people with feelings and sometimes bad tempers. He also says it would look bad for the one in charge of this company to be acting a fool, he apologises but says he knows something that might be fun for you both to do. There's a festival on in the town near by.' Shindara let her know waiting to see if that would appease her

Word count: 401
    Total Word Count: 1,621

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th January 2019, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 27th November 2018, 1:28 pm

Her disappointment was not hidden, her faerie green gaze going flat in annoyance with a small frown. She did not take the ruination of her fun lightly, and if this was Fairy Tail's guild hall she would have climbed right to the top without them. But she was a guest, and it would not be polite to do that here, so she dropped down without further protest "I should prolly get going. It's a long flight back home. Thanks again."

Arcadia paused a moment, she did come all this way, it would be a shame to at least check out this festival. She regained a smile, and turned back toward Ruvel and his summons, "On second thought. a festival you say... I don't have to go back right away. Lead the way. What kinda festival is it?"

WC: 137
    Total WC: 1313

Last edited by SeaGlass on 14th January 2019, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 7th December 2018, 5:15 am

Ruvel looked to the other he could read the disappointment clear on her face and had asked his unseen summon as to why she gave such a thing and was told that she really wanted to try and bungee off the company building. He silently sighed knowing that was far from a good idea for many reason as much as he wanted to keep her happy. Ruvel started to speak and once again Shindara started to translate for both 'My summoner apologises for declining your wishes and ruining your fun, this is something that he doesn't want to do but the company has a reputation to maintain and having the ceo and a guest both of which looking like children falling from the roof wouldn't look to good.' he explained 'He said the company airship is heading towards your guilds location so they could drop you off, it would only take a few hours at most to get back, once again he is sorry' he let the other know Ruvel turning his head almost if he was ashamed for denying his guest something she wanted to do and due to it having her wanting to leave so soon after arriving.

Seeing her moving from the corner of his eye he turned his head quickly biting his lip he wanted to move forward and give chase but it was her decision to leave, though, without even realising it his hand had moved to try and reach out to her. Hearing her voice his hand lowered Shindara translating once more Ruvel moved into his top and brought out a crystal rose that seemed to have semi translucent rose pink and baby blue moonlight trapped within it and held it out for her saying something 'he says the festival is the Crystal Moon Blossom Festival.' The summon said 'There are games, food, entertainment, music, dancing... the crystal roses and blossoms release the moonlight they have gained over the last year and give off all sort of colours. Some even keep their glows after being picked such as the one he is holding to you, though those flowers are extremely rare.' he commented to her so she knew as Ruvel started to walk towards the steps towards a town nearby.

The town would be lively and a buzz with energy, people dancing, playing games, on rides, eating food, getting trinkets, the whole place would be brightly decorated and even in the day time the gentle glow from the crystal flowers and trees in a mix of colours.

Word Count: 423
    Total Word Count: 2,044

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th January 2019, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 12th December 2018, 4:29 am

Arcadia smiled brighter, accepting the soft glowing crystal rose. She briefly held it under her nose for a test sniff of any scent it held. The barefoot slayer slowly twirled the crystal rose in her fingers to get a glimpse of how the glow might sparkle when viewed through different faces. She didn't really say anything, but found a little hope Ruvel knew how to have some kind of fun, if not the awesome thrillseeking kind. It was worth finding out, so she hurried after the CEO toward those steps and the nearby town.

WC: 95
    Total WC: 1408

Last edited by SeaGlass on 14th January 2019, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 20th December 2018, 1:32 pm

Ruvel watched as the rose was taken from him, though a person would believe that due to it being made from crystal that it would hold no scent that was not the case in this instance. The rose held a delicate scent that would be pleasing to the one that smelt it, and when Arcadia did inhale the scent not only would the slight glow within it get brighter but the blossom would release what could only be described as sparkles that would fade after a few seconds. Ruvel himself watched a handsome smile on his face as he seen how his gift had been treated, it wasn't something he would expect as he had seen others give these roses to others and the one receiving them not even checking to smell the scent or see the full effect of the fragile and delicate blossom. Seeing her inspect it further make him smile brighter, in fact it made him laugh a little as it seemed like it had intrigued the other. This was what he had wanted but then he had no idea the true story behind the story or what it meant to give it to another, he just wanted to show her something naturally magical.

Shindara had been watching from his young summoners shadow and was smiling himself, he had never seen the youth smile genuinely before. It had always been a mask that he forced himself to wear due to his job and to appear somewhat normal. 'Fair lady, you are the first to see his true smile this is a rarity due to his past.' The void prince shared with the other his tone calm but held an underlying warmth to it 'There is a story to those flowers, a prince and princess were said to have loved each other very much and their up and coming union was blessed not only by their loving parents and subjects but the divine themselves. The story unfortunately does have darkness in it when another believed that they should have the love they so had and killed the couple on the eve of their wedding.' he explained allowing images of the story to unfold in Arcadia's head 'The parents of the young couple grief stricken to find out the fate of their beloved children had them taken to the moon garden within their wedding garb so that they would be united and wed when they reached the next life, for three days and nights the bodies of the prince and princess where left within the moon garden. It was on the third night the parents went to say their final goodbyes that they seen something they didn't expect, the flowers of the garden had crystalised and had began to glow with the light of the moon.' he continued to explain to her his tone remaining the same the entire way. 'It is said that the moon and stars gave them the wedding that was stolen from them and that what had happened to the flowers and trees of the garden was a wedding gift from them to signify their true and undying love.' he said allowing the images of the story to fade from her mind.

'My summoner does not know of the story, nor does he know what it means to give such a gift to a young woman such as yourself. He doe not know what it means when the flower reacts like it has for you.' he said allowing the warmth to take over his normal calm tone 'It means that you two are blessed by the divine and there is a chance that you two may become more than friends.' he explained 'A caution to you though fair lady, my summoner is fragile though shows a tough exterior. We ask that you handle him with care.' he sent to the other before once again falling silent. Ruvel had been walking the entire time completely unaware of the conversation that had been happening as Shindara had kept it that way. As soon as they had entered the town a little girl around his own current height had taken his hand and led him into the middle of the square where others where dancing, smiling and laughing he danced along but given the information Arcadia was now armed with she wouldn't know if it was real or not.

Word Count: 731
    Total Word Count: 2,775

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th January 2019, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 2nd January 2019, 3:53 am

Looked mildly confused listening to Shindara. Arcadia had not thought of the possibility that Ruvel did not hear what his friends in the shadow were saying, yet there was no way he could. Not with what Shindara was saying, and have no reaction. She looked to the crystal rose in her grasp as she listened and walked along. The little slayer hadn't really given much thought any romantic notions in ages. Not since the Kingdom of Dragnof was in its heyday, and she was training to fight in its name. Training with her mother, Khione Glacier had not left much time for a social life, but she still had managed to eek out one.

Who she considered her first boyfriend fit the brooding, dark and mysterious archetype to a T. While they had never kissed, she had spent nearly every minute of free time she had from her training with him, so it was devastating when the boy wound up with another girl with more time. Khione Glacier thought the whole thing was somewhat melodramatic, but Arcadia was 13 at the time, and didn't think so. Also it was still semi-fresh in her mind, as to her perception of time it was all only last year.

Her second boyfriend and first kiss came only about a month before she would wind up in stasis under the ancient Sphere spell with a noble boy she met at a Royal Ball. Though to her perception of time, it was not even half a year since that had occurred, her time in stasis ensured she would never see him again. So she understood very well Shindara's warning of fragile hearts.

Arcadia could help but wonder if part of the divine blessing revealed by the rose was in part because of her foster mother's spirit still looking out for her. The idea helped open her mind and her heart to the possibility of something more with Ruvel. No one else could understand her current magical condition better than he did.  She whispered to his shadow, "I know what that's like, so if I can help it I would never do that someone else, Shindara."

Watching Ruvel dance with the girl his size made her blush ever so lightly when she realized it gave the slightest twinge of jealousy. She smiled, and tucked the crystal rose behind her right ear, and made sure her dress was smoothed out. Arcadia politely tapped the girl on the shoulder, and dipped in the formal style of curtsy she had learned for mingling with Dragnof's Royalty and nobles. "Mind if I cut in?"

WC: 434
    Total WC: 1842

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 15th January 2019, 2:33 pm

Ruvel had been completely unaware of the conversation that had happened between Shindara and the Fairy Tail mage, and it showed on how he had not reacted to the story; if he had heard it there was no way of knowing how he would have acted but most likely apologetically and saying that it wasn't his intention. That he only wanted to show her the beauty of the festival that was taking place in what was now his homeland, he didn't really remember his birthplace and wanted to forget the place he was raised within up until his summons helped him escape. He had met some mages and from that moment it almost seemed like his life started to change for the better, though it had been difficult at times; even now he found it hard as he was still trying to adapt from what he was within the facility and what he currently was for his company and guild. The two were on opposite sides of the scales when it came to how his life was. He went from having less than nothing to being in control of a multi billion jewel trading company and guild of strong mages, then again he was also a god of Ishgar and had no idea how something like that even happened as what he done was just run of the mill stuff in his eyes.

The hidden void prince heard the whispers clearly to what was being said but it wasn't him who had heard her words, if the summon had been able to seen he would have face palmed given that his summoner just started asking questions of what had been said and so translated. There was then more requesting of information but Shindara had explained that such things could wait until he wasn't playing host to a guild from a mage from another guild, he nodded knowing that Shindara was correct in what he was saying. The unseen void prince looked to the young Fairy Tail mage and sighed silently 'Fair lady, my people are telepathic meaning we don't speak like you do; if you wish to communicate with me without my summoner knowing something just think it and I will be able to pick up on it. This will prevent his confusion in the future because some things like the reason behind this festival is something he should learn through studies.' he is explained calmly he wanted to prevent such things from happening in the future, some things he knew would be complicated for his young summoner to get his head around let alone how he would react to the folklore of the flowers and the girl he had just proposed a relationship with.

All the elder void prince could hope for was that the other would understand that somethings had been kept from Ruvel for his own good, well at least when it came to many of the summons however there where others who decided to keep things from him just because they could. The time was nearing that the contracts would be coming to their ends and this worried him quite a bit, as they would no longer be able to protect him even if they wanted to continue doing so. This was something that was needed for his growth though but it didn't take such worry away. 'Thank you for taking care with him, this means a lot to me he has been through much more than any should have in an entire life in his short one.' he explained to the other his voice humble as he spoke to her in his usual method, like always only she would have heard the words as shown by Ruvel not reacting to them communicating. At current Ruvel was still dancing contently with the girl that had taken him to the square, at that moment he seemed not to have a care in the world as he danced and the summon could feel the truth behind it but remained quiet, he didn't have to tell anyone anything.

As the girl danced with him she came to a pause when she was tapped on the shoulder, she was wearing a simple white and blue dress and pouted a little seeing the rose behind Arca's ear. It would have been clear she wasn't happy to see that rose with the Fairy Tail mage "Sure, I guess..." she grumbled walking off leaving Ruvel blinking unsure what had happened or what was going on. Shindara had explained that Arca had asked to take the other girls place to dance with him, be double blinked not understanding why Arca would have wanted to do such a thing but then he was playing host right now so he guessed it kinda made sense. Extending a hand forward he placed his other on his chest bowing forward as if offering her to dance as that was what she asked to do a handsome smile on his face as she looked to the other as he spoke. 'He says that the rose adds to the beauty of your fair skin and kind eyes.' The hidden summon once more translated so she would know what was being said to her.

Word Count: 873
    Total Word Count: 3,648

Betrayal

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 8th February 2019, 6:17 am

Arcadia smiled softly to the other girl, who was gracious enough to allow Arcadia to take her place. "Thanks. Appreciate it." She slipped into the other girl's place, facing Ruvel. Holding out the hem of her dress at either side of herself, Arcadia dipped slightly in a curtsey. It was quiet acceptance of his offer to dance, acceptance completed when she took his hand to begin.

The translation of his compliment warmed her smile and her heart. Without consciously noticing it herself, she began to dance about a half-step closer. Already Arcadia was lighter of heart and happier being around Ruvel. She was laughing and smiling rather brightly, while her feet carried her around to the melody.

Arcadia did not know it at the moment, but she suffered one of her first visits from an alien entity she would come to know all too well in the not too distant future. A dream demon, who only exists in the dreams and mindscapes of others. Its presence was undetectable, except by those it chose to interact with. Today it was only bothering Arcadia, as she felt the onset of a mild pressure headache. It was a telltale sign she would not learn to recognize until weeks or months later.

The dream demon saw no reason to introduce itself this day, but that did not stop it from amusing itself by stirring up one of the littlest slayer's darker memories.

It came in flashes: The morning sun was already well above the horizon in the Kingdom of Dragnof. It's warmth was burning off the morning dew, bringing a blanket of mist to the field young Arcadia now stood in. She rubbed sleep from her heavy-lidded deep green eyes, and turned them up to her adopted mother, the great ice dragon, Khione Glacier. Arcadia still wrestling with the demons of sleep, lodged protest in replayed thought, 'Mooom, why can't we just get a few more minutes of sleep?'

Arcadia continued to dance, while old visions played before her eyes. She fell out of rhythm, until she gained a brief respite. It was not the first time she had been haunted by this particular memory but it had never been triggered so randomly. There was nothing occurring presently to even remotely remind her of her mother. Without knowledge of the dream demon, she was at a loss of why she would remember that now so vividly.

The barefoot slayer dismissed any more thought on the matter and focused back on Ruvel. She smiled, quickly finding her rhythm again. The dream demon pushed a tad harder back to the forefront, pushing Arcadia into another flag: The way Khione Glacier's frozen body of living ice sparkled in the morning sun, Arcadia had to be about the only human who could read the disappointment in her mother's icy draconic features. Frosty breath poured from nostrils in her disapproving snort. Khione Glacier rumbled to her comparatively tiny teenage ward, 'Have I been wasting my time, little one? Are you not the same child who was brought to me in tears after her family and village were destroyed by my more callous brethren? The same child who pleaded with me to teach her the secret of Ice Dragon Slayer magic, so that she could one day fight by my side, and bring Justice to those same callous siblings of mine? Do you think Acnologia complained to his guardian?'

Arcadia hung her head, her great mother being absolutely right. If she ever wanted to be as a great a hero as Acnologia and the other dragon slayers who made it possible for the dragons and humans of Dragnof to live side by side, then she had to stop whining about small things. She would never find Justice for her fallen family that way either.

She shook her head, looking confused. Arcadia fixed her faerie green gaze apologetically to Ruvel, "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so distracted."

Once again, she found her rhythm, and quickly got back in step with the melody of the music playing. She smiled warmly, following Ruvel's lead in the dance. Arcadia realized that while she was focused on Ruvel, she felt a happiness and warmth that lessened the pressure in her head. What she could not realize was that was because the dream demon lost influence on her mind from that happiness.

The dream demon did not relent so easily however. It renewed its attack on Arcadia's mind. The pressure she returned to her head, and she was flung into one more flash: Closing her eyes, Arcadia centered herself, allowing the magic power of the land to flow through and awaken her senses. Her sharpened green gaze spotted a stack of two boulders with a crude face etched onto the side. She sighed , glancing back up to Khione Glacier, "]'Seriously, Mom? I know you're right about all that, and one day I WILL be a great hero like Acnologia. But how am I gonna be ready to do that just fighting rocks?'

Khione Glacier lowered her massive, icy head toward the ground, so she could be eye to eye with her ward. 'First you must get a better handle on never staying in one place. The power of my ice will lend you its strength and durability, true. You should never depend on that power alone. Never leave the enemy time to focus in on you.'

Turning her focus back toward the makeshift training target, Arcadia took her mentor's words to heart. Then she noticed Khione Glacier's head lingering closer to the ground, which meant there something more on her foster mother's mind? 'What is it, Mom?'

The great ice dragon paused before answering, 'Nothing, little one. Nothing but rumors. We may talk about them later.' Khione Glacier lifted her great head up high once more with her best approximation of a smile. Dragon smiles can be scary things, if you don't know them very well. 'Right now you've got an adversary who's not just going to wait around for you, little one.'

Arcadia nodded, 'Right, Mom! That guy doesn't stand a chance!' The young slayer was at once surrounded in a raging magical field of frigid air and tiny glittering ice crystals suspended in the space around her. Staring down her rocky opponent, Arcadia first took on the strength and then the durability of an ancient glacier. When she was ready, a predatory grin spread across her young face, her magical field of chilled air and ice dissipating.

Her attention and deep green eyes sharply focused on her target, Arcadia's long pale blonde hair trailed out behind her with her bare feet pounding the ground to charge the waiting stack of rocks. Halfway there, she roared a swirling torrent of super-chilled water and razor-sharp flecks of ice. The water instantly freezing on contact, leaving the rock target coated in a splattering of ice. Arcadia's path to the stacked rocks was not a straight one. Taking Khione Glacier's advice closer to heart, Arcadia did not wish to give even a makeshift training dummy a chance to get a bead on her.

Finally closing the distance, Arcadia spun her left foot around and hard into the icy side of the rocks. On impact, her foot cratered through the ice. Her body carried through on it's twirling momentum, bringing the hard crunch of her right fist. A hard jab from her left struck to the rock doll's midsection. Imagining her foe to be staggered, Arcadia vaulted into a backflip away from the practice doll for a little breathing room.

She inhaled deep before she even landed, unleashing a second swirling maelstrom. The freezing waterspout and razor ice gave the stacked rocks a second coating of ice. Rushing back in, Arcadia noticed cracks in the rock underneath the icy coating after leading back in with a high sideways kick that sent bits of ice and rock in all directions. Arcadia followed up with another flurry of two punches. Both focus in on where the cracks were forming beneath the ice. Her right went high and her left went low, creating twin craters in the rock doll's icy veneer.

Spreading both of of her arms out like wings, Arcadia lurched back a few steps. Swirling razor ice gathered about her outspread arms in vaguely draconic wing-shaped formations. Arcadia stomped forward, swinging her arms together, sending her wings of razor ice flinging past and through the rock doll.

The frigid cold and power of each blow crumbled the rock doll down into a pile of smaller rocks and debris ice. Arcadia bared her cute little fangs in big grin and pumped one fist into the air in victory. Breathing harder from the flurry of exertion, she laughed as she started back to Khione Glacier. She wore a proud grin across her young features. The glimmer of pride in Khione Glacier's crystal ice eyes made it all worth it.

A mentor's critique followed just the same. Khione Glacier bellowed to her mortal daughter, 'Very nice, very nice! You were excellent... right up until the point you slowed down at the end, little one. A real wizard or a real dragon will be hitting you back, not just sitting there like that rock doll.'

Arcadia was still trying to catch her breath as she reached her foster mother's side. She sighed, 'Aww, Mom. That thing woulda been hurting too much to fight back, even of he was real.'

The great ice dragon chuckled, 'Perhaps there is nothing more I can teach you with lifeless dolls alone. Tomorrow I will ask the queen to lend me one of her marionette wizards, and you will see how much harder it is when the dolls hit back. I-'

Khione Glacier's manner suddenly went completely serious. They had a visitor. Arcadia couldn't see or sense them herself though. She glanced up to her foster mother, 'Mom! What.. or who is it?' As soon as she asked Arcadia began to sense then catch sight of the long haired figure in the distance. It was coming their way.

Arcadia jumped and waved in excited greeting once she realized who it was. 'Acnologia! Hey Acnologia! Ove-'

Her foster mother silenced Arcadia with one harsh reprimand. 'Arcadia! Calm down and be silent, little one! Wait back in your hut. Acnologia and I have a couple things to discuss first. I'll call for you when we're ready for you.'

Taken aback by her foster mother's sharp tone, Arcadia reluctantly and quietly retreated back to her own little hut. From there she watched as Khione Glacier flew out to meet the figure of Acnologia. Gone was her earlier excitement at seeing one of her heroes. Instead, Arcadia couldn't help a certain sense of foreboding.

Khione Glacier greeted the stone-faced Acnologia. 'So... Acnologia, are the rumors true? Have you turned against even those of us who taught you the power to stand up for your people?'

The legendary dragon slayer remained expressionless, coldly responding,'All dragons must perish. There can be no peace as long as even one still lives.'

With nothing else to say, Khione Glacier took to the skies and Acnologia followed. Arcadia felt her heart leap up into her throat. She knew she shouldn't call out, but it couldn't be helped. 'Acnologia!! What're you doing?! That's my mom!'

Arcadia watched the life and death struggle wheel around the sky above. Either they could not hear her or just ignored her calls. To Arcadia's growing sense of relief, Khione Glacier was slowly gaining the upper hand. Her foster mother finally managed to throw Acnologia off her back. Khione Glacier positioned herself in a steep dive to drive and crush Acnologia into the ground.

On the way down, Acnologia activated the series of magic circles he had placing all along. Khione Glacier's soul was rendered from her ice crystalline body. It would be her limp form that would crash into the ground. Arcadia's deep green eyes watched wide in terror and shock, tears blurring her vision. 'Moooom!!!'

Acnologia emerged from the resulting dust cloud in his dreaded dragon form, prepared to finish off the fallen great ice dragon. In her grief, Arcadia rushed out and roared a torrent of freezing water and razor ice straight up at Acnologia's now draconic face. The apocalyptic monster was not fazed one bit. Acnologia just turned his gaze down at Arcadia as if only just now noticing the young dragon slayer's existence.

In that moment, Arcadia finally recognized the memory for what it was, the past. Remembering how only a moment ago, this pressure in her head has lessened by focusing on the happiness she felt being in Ruvel's company, Arcadia directed her mental focus back toward that feeling. This time she would keep her rhythm, as the dream demon could not stand the love taking root in the young slayer's heart. Dismissing the girl's emotion as sickeningly sweet, the dream demon retreated from Arcadia's mind and the festival altogether.

Arcadia smiled again to Ruvel, and thought to his guardian, 'I think there may be something to that story behind the rose.' She took the crystal moon rose from behind her right ear and tucked it over behind her right ear. The young slayer laughed as she dried her faerie green eyes and danced on, happy and carefree.

WC: 2229
    Total WC: 4071

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 26th February 2019, 5:34 pm

Ruvel danced with the young emerald eyed fairy without a second thought, his movements graceful and precise as if he had been practising which wasn't exactly a lie. He had done this over his lifetime though he had to admit never with a partner and never like this, he kept his eyes on her and took lead all the while glad that when his body was de-aged that it meant that the scars on his hands went with it. If they hadn't he would likely still be wearing gloves when he had to shake hands or something similar with another person, he didn't want the questions that would come with why someone like him had scars on his hands as it likely would lead into an investigation into him that he'd much rather avoid. The blonde haired youth also realised that his summons where likely worried as when he started to dance it almost seemed to drain him of his life force and make him sick but he was managing to keep going showing no signs of fatigue though his eyes did start glowing a little. Unknown to Arcadia this was the tell tale sign of Ruvel's sickness starting to flare, he wished he knew why dancing drained him so much but he guessed it was because of something they had done to him while inside the facility.

He had taken his eyes off his dancing partner for but a moment as someone greeted him in the passing with their wife and smiled with a polite nod, he might have not understood the language but he could understand by tone when a greeting was being given. When he turned his eyes back to Arcadia he was worried because the smiling and laughing that he had witnessed but a moment ago had left her as if she was going through something and so asked the elder void prince who was in his shadow if she was okay, was something going on as he was worried. He was told that as by his and his bothers code they couldn't say anything about such things, the young blonde headed summoner sighed but knew the rules and codes they went by and why. Still he was worried for the one he was dancing with, he knew how hard it was to deal with things alone and so started speaking to her his language again being translated 'Our summoner wishes to know if you are alright fair lady, he is worried about you.' he sent to her so she knew what was being said.

Seeing Arcadia steps not being in sync with his own he slowed down hoping that this would help her, this only added to his worry and it was written all over his young face. He didn't know what she was going through he just knew that he wanted to help her, he just didn't know how without information. Seeing her smiling once more and going back to the speed they were originally at he matched twirling her gently if she allowed it, he was actually enjoying himself and not because this was something he would be forced to attend due to his status within Tolgalen but genuinely because he wanted to be there, with her. His cheeks blushed a bit but he hadn't noticed his eyes remaining on her for now as the world around him faded out, he had only let his guard down once since leaving the facility and that cost him so swore he would never do it again but here he was letting everything fade away from him. He knew the moment he was in danger Shindara would handle it but still this was a very odd feeling for him and he had no idea what was going on in the slightest, he would have to ask about it at a later date.

Shindara translated what was said to him bringing Ruvel out of his own train of thought and shook his head speaking only to have Shindara translate it back. 'Our summoner says that it's fine, but he is worried about you. He asked if everything is fine.' the hidden summon said his tone as calm as usual 'I haven't said anything to him, I told him when he asked I would need your permission that is why the first question. I am a person of my word and do not give information even to my summoner without permission unless it directly affect his well being which this does not.' he reassured the young fairy wanting her to know he knew what was going on but Ruvel did not as he hadn't been told 'I have to ask fair lady does this happen often to you? You do not have to answer if you do not wish to.' his tone showing some concern as he himself hoped to find a way to combat against such a horrible creature, he knew this had nothing to do with him but being tormented and tortured by bad memories was something his summoner also had to deal with so perhaps this was something they could help each other with.

Seeing her slow once more he stopped mid step and looked to her, he had no idea if he had done something wrong of if it was something else but he was worried his dull glowing eyes by now slightly brighter as he once again stopped dancing his happy smile gone as he once again spoke. 'He said he is sorry if has done something wrong fair lady, if there is something else you would rather do than dance he would happily do that. He didn't mean to push such a thing on you.' in honesty the summon knew this wasn't in fact the case but it proved what he was saying about Ruvel not knowing what was going on at all. Due to dancing with her he had completely forgotten that it was in fact Arcadia herself that had interrupted the dance that he was having with another girl, so wasn't pushing his will onto anyone but it was in the youths nature to take the blame if anything wrong happened. It was one of those annoying habits he had due to the facility he was trying to break, but that was easier said than done. Seeing she was going back to dancing Ruvel started once more without a word but what could have caused this worried him as he didn't want to think of someone so filled with happiness and life having bad times.

He seen her tears and stopped once more his eyes showing worry as he touched her cheek speaking once more 'Our summoner is wondering why you are crying fair lady, what would you like me to tell him?' Shindara asked not wanting to overstep what she was comfortable with hearing her thoughts he smiled though it couldn't be seen 'Folklore like urban legends do have some truth to them.' he sent back Ruvel watching as she moved the rose he gave her to another ear and spoke once more. 'He is wanting to know if you are hungry or want to play some of the games.' the unseen summon sent to her, he felt like a third wheel but at current if he wasn't there then there would be no way the two would be able to communicate with each other and that would be a shame given he could see that his young summoner had taken a liking to the young ice dragon slayer.

Word Count: 1,279
    Total Word Count: 4,927
    @SeaGlass

Betrayal

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 3rd March 2019, 9:35 am

Shindara's mental contact sounded like a distant voice in the back of her mind while she was in the throws of her relived memory. She was conscious of it, but just barely. Arcadia tried to simply shake it off the first time she broke free. There was no reason to burden Ruvel or Shindara with her past, random as it seemingly came up. She mentally answered the first query, 'No need for him to worry. It's nothing.'

When it burst through her mind a second time, again Shindara's mental queries were heard on the edge of her conscious mind. The young slayer not realizing what she had been asked until she had found her second respite. What had confused her most was it was not apparently just nothing. Yet there was nothing in her life currently that should keep her mind so focused on this singular tragic event. Granted, it was not so long ago in her mind's eye, but she had not focused so much on it in a month or two at least. At this point, she was unaware of the dream demon behind its influence, so really had no answers to give.

She also hated to think  she was causing her kind and gentle host to worry, 'Tell him not to worry. It's just an old memory. Not so old really, but  there's no reason I should be reminded of it now. I don't know why haunting me suddenly. I don't want to worry him, more. Don't tell him anything. Yet. And this has never happened before. Except maybe when there's something to remind me of my mom, but there hasn't been anything like that.'

The third and last time was the longest intrusion of the past, again Shindara voicing Ruvel's sweet concerns were only on the peripheral of her mind. It was only after the dream demon finally gave up and moved on that she answered. 'I'm so sorry to worry him further. You can tell him. I really am sorry, I don't know what brought this on. It's not his fault at all. I do want to finish the dance. It was my own idea to join him in the first place, and except for the inexplicable intrusion of the past, I'm having a hella .. I'm having a most wonderful time. 'Hella awesome' better fits a more adrenaline-filled good time. This is more of a calming and fulfilling one.'

Arcadia would welcome any help Ruvel could give, that is once she understood what she faced. For now, she could not articulate the cause, because she was as much in the dark about what it was as those around her. 'I wish I knew what it was. There's absolutely nothing about this wonderful festival or being with your summoner threat should dredge this memory so vividly to mind. Besides, it's nothing compared to what others have gone through. I'm lucky... Really.'

The young blonde slayer did not truly feel lucky, but it was something she often tried convince herself of. Especially, in light of all the suffering she had heard or seen others must endure, her own surely paled in comparison. This edge of worthlessness and despair was the exact low the dream demon had been aiming for. The emotionally downtrodden were so much easier for it to wring deals out of.

One look back into Ruvel's eyes, and her young heart soared away from the precipice it had been lead to. That was when she moved the crystal rose. He had her starting to feel as lucky as she had been trying to convince herself she was. None of this was consciously thought, but all in the ebb and flow of the subconscious and emotion underneath it.

Arcadia was feeling a sense of warmth and growing happiness because of Ruvel. All despite the dream demon's best efforts, she would not be making any Faustian deals today. Plus, she didn't miss another step in the dance. Smiling, she freed one hand to dry her faerie green gaze. 'I guess to keep it simple for now, you can tell him I lost my mom not quite half a year ago. It's been way longer than that, but for me it hasn't. I just miss her, though sometimes it seems at random. But with him around, it feels so much easier to handle.'

She gave Ruvel a quick kiss on the cheek, and finished the dance a lie closer. 'I hope he doesn't think me silly for letting that get me down. I get this feeling his story will break my heart a thousand times more when I hear it. And anyway, I will want to hear it sometime. I'll tell'im more about my mother sometime too, if he wants.'

When the dance and music drew to its end, Arcadia took a step back to bow to Ruvel. In just the spam of their dance, the barefoot slayer had gotten into the groove of thinking to Shindara to communicate with Ruvel. One thing she felt had to be said directly to him, even if the void prince would end up translating it anyway. She smiled warmly to him, "Thank you."

Arcadia glanced around while considering how hungry she might be. For a moment, she thought another dance would be nice. Her stomach politely said otherwise with the slightest rumble. Arcadia's competitive side was intrigued by even the promise of any festival games. She came to a quick compromise between her two drives. 'I am a little hungry, but games sound fun too. Could we go for a little walk and stop by a game or three on the way to something to eat?'

Though she posed it as a question, when Arcadia spotted a gaming booth not to far off, it became more of a statement. She would gently his hand or of hers, and start heading down the street toward the booth. It was not to drag Ruvel along, but to invite he and Shindara to go with her.

Normally, she would have sped to the fat as her bare feet would carry her. After he visit from the dream demon, she was still a little subdued if still happy. The little blonde slayer could not help reminiscing a little about some of the festivals her mother took her to back in Dragnof. That made for a more leisurely stroll to the booth. She did jog the last few meters though, seeing the booth was one of those throw darts to pop balloons to win games.

Arcadia channeled magic power into her left hand, using it to grow a deadly sharp icicle from her left forefinger. She aimed to the guy at free both, "Hey, Mister. I'd like to play. How much?"

The tall, dark-haired man offered her a kind smile. He showed some surprise you see the icicle growing over her finger. "Hey, sweetie. Where's your par- oh! I see you are a wizard. In that case, you're free to use your magic in my balloons for target practice. That'll be two jewel for every balloon you pop. If you want to win any of the prizes though, you'll have to use my quite ordinary darts, like everyone else. That will be five jewel for seven chances at our Guppy board, ten jewel for five chances at our Tuna board, fifty jewel for three chances at our Shark board or if to want to go for broke, one hundred jewel for one chance at our Kraken board."

Arcadia's faerie green eyes were drawn to the display of prizes available from each board as the man pointed them out. The Guppy prizes were cheap little trinkets not even worth one jewel individually, but were colorful and interesting enough to probably keep ordinary children entertained for an hour, maybe an afternoon. The Tuna prizes were more substantial and a bit more rugged in their build, but still cheap as bric-a-brac goes. The Shark prizes mire high-end, if everyday tips and items. The so-called Kraken prizes was one gigantic plush bunny bigger than Arcadia with a crown of plush roses around its ears. There were also a few weak magic items to choose from, if a winner at the Kraken board did not want the giant bunny.

The littlest slayer noted that the difficulty of reach board was determined by distance from the throwing line and decreasing number of balloons to hit. It went from the Guppy board being plastered edge to edge with balloons down to just one balloon on the Kraken board. Also, all of the balloons were underinflated, and the darts dulled. Dull darts were safer for little fingers, but also made it so only the most accurate and forceful of throws would pop the barely inflated balloons. Otherwise the balloon had enough give to deflect the dart harmlessly away.

She reabsorbed the icicle, and smiled to Ruvel, "I think I'm gonna try this game. Which board should I try? Or you can go first of you want. See anything I can win for Shindara as a thank you?"

WC:1519
    Arcadia WC: 5590

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 2nd April 2019, 6:58 pm

Shinara observed the young ice dragon slayer from the shadow of his summoner, he knew something wasn't quite right bit there was nothing that he could do to help her, his service was to Ruvel and even if he could he was bound by the traditions of his people and the additional rules he and his own twin placed on themselves for the protection of everyone. He was fully aware their own people were scared of them and would have killed them already if they weren't of royal birth, he knew that someone had even put forward the request to the primordial of his home realm luckily it had been denied. He was thanking his lucky stars that their parents wouldn't allow anything to happen to their children, they had however withdrawn for the most part but even then they were fully aware of the goings on. It wasn't like they had requested the abilities they had or trained to gain them, he and his twin brother Amuul had been born like with these 'gifts', to this day they didn't see it this way when it came to their own issues but when it came to their summoners well being they were glad that they could do some good with the curse that had be falled them upon entering their life cycle. Hearing that she didn't want Ruvel to worry he passed the message along but he already knew that it wasn't sitting well with his young summoner but he had remained quiet only nodding.

Everything seemed to be going fine for a while but then it seemed to take a step back as the young slayer seemed to be confused, this concerned the elder shadow prince as from what he understood this wasn't like her. Something else was at play here but again he couldn't let either know because of the rules that he followed for everyone's safety, he knew he and Amuul could easily be used weapons thanks to what they could do and had proved as such in the past when he they had scarred two people within their summoners guild. This hadn't been the intention when it came to Johann, Yona was a different matter completely, they had acted on their own without orders of Ruvel and that was due to a foolish act he had done calling a summon he wasn't yet ready to call. In doing so it was draining from his already weak life force and their contract stated that they would act in his best interest even if it was against his wishes. In honesty he couldn't remember ever seeing red before that point, he and his twin had become fond of their summoner and even seen him as a little brother so would defend him as such.

He was brought back to the forefront of his thought process hearing her voice once more 'I shall fair lady but he does worry, you are his guest and it almost seems like you don't wish to be here as far as he can tell.' he sent back to her of course he knew there was more to it but had already said that he wouldn't look further that he was allowed, like that was possible but he refrained from commenting on things that were personal to people without expressed permission of the person in question. Hearing her wanting him from refraining telling him anything made the male sigh silently as it seemed she didn't even know what she wanted at current but relayed a message to his summoner none the less to try ease his mind. 'I let him know that you had been thinking over guild business.' he let her know, he knew it was a lie but at least it was something that the other could understand worrying about as he himself was the exact same way at times. Ruvel started speaking quietly looking to her with a weak smile 'He says it is the burden that comes with duty such as ours.' he translated for her so she could understand.

At that point he believed it over as the two started to dance once more but a third time he felt a pressure coming from her mind, he knew that it meant something wasn't exactly right and it frustrated him that he couldn't comment on it but they had rules and laws for a reason. The feeling made him kinda sick that was the only way he could describe it if he was to be asked but that wasn't ever going to be the case. As Arcadia started talking to Shindara once more he was forced out of his own discomfort and started translating once more immediately listening to his summoners response to her words. 'He says it is the job of a host to worry about their guests, if he wasn't worried given the goings on he would be failing in this task.' he sent to her continuing to listen to what was being sent to him 'He is glad that he is able to help you to enjoy your time here at the festival, he likes seeing people smiling.' he continued translating her last words when he was asked what it meant he told her he didn't quite understand it himself as festivals were like this from his home realm 'I'm sorry but you would have to explain the difference as neither my summoner understand.' He was slightly embarrassed about this but his culture had structures and such in place, then again it was beyond rare to come across anyone outside their realms unless the person was a reaper so he guessed this was kind of a normal thing.

Shindara released a silent sigh hearing her words as it seemed even she didn't know what was going on, in truth neither did he but it seemed like he knew more than she did. 'I don't know everything fair lady, what I can say is I felt a pressure and it made me feel ill. I think you should get it looked at because it doesn't seem to be anything good if it is making you go into vivid memories like that.' he advised hoping that she would take it and have it looked into before it became a large problem that would cause her or others harm. Were her words rung true he wasn't about to say anything on the matter 'You are very wise' he let her know simply knowing this to be the truth, it took a wise person in his book to know they had their pain but others had it worse in life. He himself had a tough life in some aspects but knew he had been blessed in others and was thankful for what he had knowing people like his summoner had experienced far worse. 'The past is in the past and where it might have been painful there nothing will change that, look to the future believing it will be brighter.' Shindara eventually said knowing that she often tried to fool herself, he hoped his words would give her some peace of the whole subject.

Ruvel blinked watching silently as Arcadia seemed to touch the crystal rose that he had given her not so long ago, a smile on his young face as he seen how much she cherished his gift to her already. He really hoped the glow wouldn't fade from it or all it would have become was a crystal paperweight that would truly be worthless. The dance seemed to continue from that point on without any other issues so it made the young summoner wonder what was going on, he wasn't about to ask as that was not his business. He wouldn't go poking into anyone else's things as he would hate to have it done to himself if he had to be perfectly honest, then again he was sure that had already happened but even if they did try to poke because of where he was raised and what happened before that point there would be no record of his existence out side those areas before he was brought to the trading company by Cirven. Shindara translated what was said to his young summoner who blinked, he had never been another's strength or happiness before his hand going to her cheek helping her to look up, the scars on his hands now apparent on her gentle cheek. Shindara listened and translated 'He says he will be there for you always if you would allow him to be, he lost his parents and those he cared for when he was younger too though he doesn't know how long ago it was he was still very small.' Ruvel's eyes watered but the tears didn't fall as he fought them back, he understood what she was going through and would be the support for her that he wish he had back then.

As Ruvel was kissed on the cheek at the end of the dance his eyes went wide as his hand went to the cheek in question clearly he was confused and caught off guard. He wanted to ask why but he just couldn't seem to find the words that he needed to make the sentence, this made Shindara chuckle quietly as he had never seen his summoner like this in a good way. 'No, he doesn't think you silly. You lost someone dear to you, if you didn't feel sad then he would wonder if you hated them.' Shindara explained knowing right now his summoner wouldn't be able to comprehend anything at current as he tried to work his mind around what just happened. 'He hasn't really opened up to anyone about his past fair lady, I'm sure however you will be one of the very few that will hear it when he is ready to speak of it.' he explained not wanting to go any further than that when it came to the subject. 'I'm sure he would like that, I ask you to bare in mind he will never ask about such questions because he doesn't believe in stepping over personal boundaries and he wouldn't want it done to him.' he finished explaining to let her know if she wanted anything known she would have to offer it willingly.

When the dance finally came to an end he placed his hand to his chest and bowed to her a little in return, a sweetly handsome smile on his face. As suspected Shindara translated the words which had Ruvel confused yet again as he didn't believe he done anything worth being thanked for. Shindara smiled explaining that he believed it was for him as he was the medium at current in which they were speaking through. That to Ruvel made sense and smiled as he gave Shindara his thanks also making the void prince chuckle 'I need no thanks fair lady and if it was meant for him he's confused as to why he should be thanked.' he explained before telling his summoner that he was only doing his duty to him. Hearing what came next the translations continued Ruvel nodding to what was said before tapping his lip as he thought about which way to go and pointed knowing that there was a good food stand near by the games. He chuckled a little hearing her stomach grumble a little but to him it seemed loud thanks to his sensitive hearing and began to talk 'My summoner says it seems you need to eat more than play games or that is what your body is saying.' he let her know his tone calm with an amused undertone, he saw this all happening before his eyes and was happy that something good was finally coming his summoners way.

As she took his hand she would again feel the scars on it causing him to withdraw his hand, he wasn't one for touch in general but this was one of the reasons why, it was also the reason why he wore gloves when dealing with clients or going to social events were dancing and such had been involved. His glamour could make him look perfect by hiding the scars but upon touch it would be clear that he was hiding things, things he wasn't yet ready to talk about with people. 'Please pretend you didn't notice the scars fair lady, he's not ready to speak of them.' the void prince asked of her hoping she would try again and and telling him not to be silly or some such, even if she didn't go for his hand he had hoped she would go for his sleeve and holding much as if it was a hand but what happened next would be up to the emerald eyed fairy to decide. Ruvel brought his hand close to his chest and looked to the side almost ashamed, pain easily seen in his dual coloured eyes as he began to speak 'He says he is sorry, he's not one for touch it's something he is trying to get better at. Gloves have helped a little when dealing with work but he still tends to make as little physical contact as possible.' Shindara's tone would show he wasn't lying as it mimicked Ruvel's own but there was a slight anger held in the undertone of his voice it was clear it wasn't aimed at his summoner or him but likely at the ones who caused these things on to him making it that much harder for him to adapt to life.

Ruvel would follow her to the game when he seen her moving towards it one way or another, the sorrow vanishing as he pushed away the memories. He was being host to one of the aces of a sister guild within the alliance it wouldn't be right if he was being down or negative in front of them, that sort of stuff could and likely would come out later after they parted ways. He smiled seeing her somewhat excited for it and that made it easier to forget things for now as he stepped beside her looking over the game as if inspecting it. He hadn't really been to festivals and such before so he was curious about it, even when their had been festivals held here before or in other places he had visited he paid more reason to the task he was there for or had been to busy dealing with other things so never had the chance to attend. Shindara listened and translated everything that was being said to the two before listening to what his summoner was asking and replying about how the game worked, to him it seemed easy enough but there were a lot of factors he was sure. Even if he had never been to a festival and played games within them he had heard terrible stories of games being rigged, he made sure that festivals that had games had a fair chance of being won regardless of difficulty, he was pretty sure they had a whole group that made sure that the gaming rules of such things were followed on Tolgalen. Shindara translated everything that was being said as Ruvel inspected the darts for a moment as if trying to figure out before speaking, he hadn't even looked at the prizes as they hadn't really interested him but Shindara told him that it was common for boys to try and win prizes for gifts for the girls they were with at festivals.

Ruvel didn't even speak he just placed the one hundred jewels on the counter and pointed to the kraken board and waited for the okay to throw the dart. Shindara blinked as she had spoken about winning him a prize 'There is no need for that fair lady, you have already given me a wonderful gift today and it is one I cherish higher than any material item.' he would let her know but not go into exactly what that would be, the gift she had given him was to see his summoner smile properly from the bottom of his heart like a normal person, helping him forget even if briefly his past. This gave the summon more hope than he had ever had before that the hold that place had over the young blonde haired boy could potentially be broken even if not completely. Ruvel had been given the okay to throw his dart anytime he wanted after the jewel had been taken from the counter, he had to gauge the distance properly and this was something he could do well given he normally had to do something similar for his daily training. This however was a little more difficult as it wasn't his body he was gauging for but a light dart so knew that this might take a few attempts for him to get correct but that didn't really bother him much.

After a long few moments of studying the distance and the weight of the dart he decided to throw it, it had in fact met its mark but he hadn't thrown it hard enough to pierce the balloon so took a mental note for his next attempt before placing another one hundred jewel down and smiled to Arcadia and pointed to the boards letting her know not only was it her turn but she could choose whatever board she wanted to play on. Ruvel could only guess that it was normal for guys to pay for such things at fairs and the likes and even if it wasn't he was still happy to, she was his guest one way or the other and wanted her to have the best time possible while she was there. It was how he was taught by Cirven and he understood it was good for building relations with clients, this however was a little out of his comfort zone but he was still trying to put his best foot forward with her though was afraid it would backfire and something would go terribly wrong but knew he shouldn't worry about that until it actually happened so just let her go ahead and choose her board.

Word Count: 3,042
    Total word count: 7,969
    @SeaGlass

Betrayal

SeaGlass
    SeaGlass

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by SeaGlass 7th May 2019, 5:50 am

Arcadia took comfort in Ruvel's gestures and the internet behind his words as related by Shindara. The littlest blonde slayer direct mental insight, but her intuition even subtle physical cues. She could not know the depths of the non-physical scars that probably have him such great empathy, but she could tell there was something more to his story. The crystal rose behind her left ear strengthened its glow shortly after. She smiled warmly, thinking 'Thank you both again.' The brightened glow saying more than she could put even into conscious thought. Perhaps saying more than she was personally aware of.

Again her mind drifted back to the most fateful last moments of that most fateful day. This time, her mind went there of its own accord. No outside influence drove her there, except for maybe if she had not been forced to focus on it so recently, maybe her mind would not have gone there so easily now.

Arcadia watched the life and death struggle wheel around the sky above. Either they could not hear her or just ignored her calls. To Arcadia's growing sense of relief, Khione Glacier was slowly gaining the upper hand. Her foster mother finally managed to throw Acnologia off her back. Khione Glacier positioned herself in a steep dive to drive and crush Acnologia into the ground.

On the way down, Acnologia activated the series of magic circles he had been placing all along. Khione Glacier's soul was rendered from her ice crystalline body. It would be her limp form that would crash into the ground. Arcadia's deep green eyes watched wide in terror and shock, tears blurring her vision. 'Moooom!!!'

Acnologia emerged from the resulting dust cloud in his dreaded dragon form, prepared to finish off the fallen great ice dragon. In her grief, Arcadia rushed out and roared a torrent of freezing water and razor ice straight up at Acnologia's now draconic face. The apocalyptic monster was not fazed one bit. Acnologia just turned his gaze down at Arcadia as if only just now noticing the young dragon slayer's existence.

Arcadia was far too lost in her grief and disillusionment to show any real fear. Too shell shocked to run. She managed to choke out a few tearful sobs, 'Ac-Acnoglogia... w-why?'

It was far easier to shake off the memory this time, since her mind wandered there on its own. It wandered away from it just as easily. Sometimes, like when she was feeling as happy as this day was making her (when she was not focused on the past), a strange sense of survivor's guilt would strike her. 'I'm don't think I'll ever fully understand why I'm still here and they're not. My mom and all those people. You never expect to outlive your entire homeland.'

As she usually did when this survivor's guilt tripped up, she reminded herself that her mother would want her to be happy. That she deserved to be as much as anyone in Dragnof if it still existed. Remembering Ruvel's and Shindara's earlier advice. She would look into this vivid memory thing, especially if it became recurring. Arcadia really hoped she would not have to add haunted to her list of conditions.  Being more than half her actual age in appearance was hard enough by itself.

Meanwhile she would be a terrible guest, if she kept focus on the memory any further. From the sound of things, her host, Ruvel, had suffered more than his share. She hoped one day he would feel comfortable enough with her to confide some of his troubled past. 'I really appreciate everything he's said and offered. I'll probably be needing someone to lean on. I'd like to think I could do the same for him. Like those scars. There's no need to hide them. Not from me. Won't say a word though. Anyway, he's right. I'm hungry, bit I still wanna try this dart game first.'

Building new happy memories could go a long way to keeping her mind's focus off that part of her past. Her survivor's guilt briefly reared its head again, but she could not very well follow her mother's wishes to be happy if she did not make new ones. The trail away from the past started with happier times from so long ago: playing hide and seek with Khione Glacier in the park she called home, how proud her mother was after Arcadia successfully demonstrated tough new techniques after weeks of hard training,  the rare times she got join gatherings of other children to play in the park, and learning to dance for the Dragnof Royal Ball. There were many more, but she began to drift into happy memories already made in modern times: finding new friends and family in Fairy Tail, a slumber party at Nessa's house, discovering even more friends playing tag in the East Forest, and the Alliance beach party in Tolgalen. Each bit of happiness forged in her past that she pulled to mind, let her heart soar a little higher. Smiling softly, 'The touch thing is understandable. That means he's gonna havta keep up with me on his own though. One the fun gets going, I don't always slow down.'

Though her way over was mostly at a stroll, it was the colorful balloons at the both combined with a few more happy memories of festival going with her mother that got her breaking into a jog the last little few steps there. Her sparkling faerie green gaze took in the various boards the colorful targets were pinned to, noting the difference in prizes available from each one.

After learning magic was not allowed, the littlest slayer was mildly disappointed. She was happy enough to see what Ruvel could do first, before she risked embarrassing herself with ordinary darts. Arcadia was very much accustomed to the way she had trained to launch her magical darts of ice. Watching closely as Ruvel threw his, she could not help thinking how awkward it had to be to throw darts that way instead of the sidearm motion she had trained herself to use with her magic.

She cheered though when Ruvel scored a hit and almost popped a balloon on the Kraken board. She looked on in mild confusion when the dart bounced off the underinflated balloon, ”Huh. This game is tougher than it looks. I know you can do it though! Some of those Kraken prizes are hella cute. Especially that giant bunny! But so are a couple of those necklaces. And that's sweet of you to say, Shindara.. Mm tell you what. If I can win couple prizes, then we all can have something to remember the greater gifts we found today by. You all might just have to share yours.”

Bowing graciously to Ruvel, she picked the Shark board. While she waited for the tall, dark-haired man to hand over three darts, Arcadia took a closer look over the game booth. The way prizes and extra balloons lined walls and shelves to the gills oddly reminded her of an old potion shop in Magnolia. Her faerie green eyes stared off into space. Still rather prone to day dreaming as she revisited another happy little memory.

It wasn't long since she first joining Fairy Tail, she had not really known her way around town.  After getting lost just wandering the streets of Magnolia last time, she didn't feel quite ready for a more far flung job yet. Her deep green gaze found just what she was looking for. One poster called for help for a local potion maker. It was right here in Magnolia, and as long as she didn't get lost on the way there she'd be fine.

Taking the poster with her, she worked her way carefully through Magnolia's streets. She wasn't going to miss any important turns this time. Arcadia took her time to observe streets further down each intersection, and found her way to the local potion dealer listed in the poster in no time.

She knocked on the door, and an elderly man hunched at the shoulders with age greeted Arcadia. He had the longest mustache she had ever seen. Two greyed tendrils hung down to his waist and curled up at the ends. They flowed well with his colorful robes, and carried the same sweet, earthy scent that soaked the inside of his shop. The old man leaned heavily on an ornately carved cane topped by a crystal sphere with a luminescent potion of shifting colors. 'Come in. Don't just stand around. No need to knock, young lady. We're open for business.'

Arcadia averted her deep green eyes to the ground, heading inside. The sweet earthy aroma reeked from everywhere in the darkened interior. All rather overpowering to her dragon slayer nose. She figured it had to be from the ages of brewing magical ingredients. There was something that seemed truly ancient about this old man and his store that made it possible to imagine both had existed forever. All the potions cluttering every shelf and wall certainly added to the idea

The man retreated back behind his counter, taking a seat with a creaky grunt. 'Now, is there something I can get you? I don't have all day.'

He just looked so old, maybe even old enough to remember... She finally spoke up, though her voice was timid, the slayer shuffling one barefoot out in front of herself. 'Excuse me, Mister, but you wouldn't happen to know anything about a kingdom called Dragnof do you?'

The old man did not look amused, getting back up with the help of his ornate cane to lean over his counter, 'Did you come here just to ask me nonsense?! Or you actually going to buy anything? If not, get lost. I have too much to do to waste time on frivolous little girls.'

Arcadia sighed, it was long shot anyway. She held up her hands and hook her head, 'I'm sorry, Sir. I... was just curious. It's true I'm not here to buy anything. I'm Arcadia Fairchilde of Fairy Tail. I'm here to help you with making potions.'

The old man's eyes sparked with some excitement, and he proved more sprightly than Arcadia ever would have bet when he leaped up onto his counter. He pointed his ornate cane to Arcadia, who now stared wide-eyed up at the man, 'Why didn't you say so. My lab is in back. Like the poster should say, I need you to find some kind of new potion if you can. I have an important appointment coming up, and I promised the client something he hasn't seen before. But I've come into Herbalists' Block. Normally I could just work through it, but there isn't time. So I need a fresh set of eyes. Now hop to it.'

The young dragon slayer nodded and bowed to the old man. 'Right. I'll get right to work, Sir.'

She headed around the counter and into the lab in back. The earthy stench of potion brewing was even

stronger back here, but Arcadia's nose was getting used to it. Everywhere she looked there was some batch potion bubbling or brewing. She found an available work station along the left side wall. Now she just needed to gather some ingredients to get started.

Many wizards might feel daunted by having to discover a whole new potion in so little time. Not Arcadia, her curiosity was piqued. Dangerously so, as she couldn't wait to see what any old thing she could throw together might do.

Within two minutes of gathering her first ingredients and getting started, her first concoction exploded when mixed together. A sparkly pink explosion that filled the lab and the store in front. Nothing was destroyed, but everything.... EVERYTHING... had been turned various shades of sparkling pink. Even Arcadia herself, skin, clothes and hair were all pink now. Only her deep green eyes were still their true color. She giggled, 'Sweeeeeet!'

From out in the store, Arcadia heard the old man,'What did you do?!'

Arcadia bit her lower lip, but she couldn't keep herself from laughing. She loved this surprise and wanted to keep experimenting. 'Don't worry! I know what I did wrong. Won't happen again.'

Lucky for Arcadia, the old man was distracted by a customer or she might not have gotten to try again. She poured the ingredients more slowly together this time, preventing the reaction from passing critical. Arcadia kept adding a pinch of this and splash of that. Each new addition bringing a giggle of delight. Adding pinch crushed insect wings last, she set the concoction to brew over one of the lab's open flames.

Thirty minutes later the mixture had clarified, and Arcadia pulled it from the pink flame. After it cooled, she tested a drop of the potion on one of the lab's test marbles. Half-expecting the marble to dissolve, Arcadia was happily surprised when the marble began to float.

Arcadia ran around the store seeing what else she could make float with her discovery. She dared a sip to see what might happen if it was imbibed. To her delight, she began to float too. She laughed and bounced from the floor, playing with what it's like to be in zero g for a couple minutes before the old man had time to come back see what the commotion was.

It was his turn to be surprised and dumbfounded. Not the sparkling pink everything, but the sight of desks, flasks, marbles, other lab equipment and a teenage wizard all floating about his lab. She grinned bright and proud, “Think I found something new! Made some notes for you, so you can make it yourself. Whatever you do, don't mix the first two together too fast. Uhh.. most potions wear off right?'

She came back around again when the tall, dark-haired man waved his hand in front of her face. “Now, look, sweetie. Are you going to stand there all day or take your turn?”

Arcadia smiled a bit sheepishly as she took her one blunted dart from the man, ”Oh uh.. sorry. “ The littlest slayer giggled, not shaking off the happier trip down memory lane so fast. She had been so nervous about pulling that job off right, and was pretty sure the old potion maker was not so amused at the time by having his lab turned pink. She did however find a quite useful and profitable new formula form him though, so it was hard not to smile back on it now. Her smile turned mischievous as she drew inspiration from her last day dream.

First, she would need to get a feel for the darts. The barefoot slayer lined up and aimed her first dart, ready to to throw it overhand. The way the dart was balanced though, and the unfamiliar feel of holding the dart overhand, was just too uncomfortable. She would probably need more than three shots to get the hang of throwing these particular darts overhand.  Ruvel might not mind paying for one more round, but she did not want to count on his generosity if she did not need to. Shifting her grip, Arcadia readied to throw a bit more unconventionally. She wound up to throw it sidearm, just as she had trained herself to do with her magic.

Her left arm flung around from her side and she released the dart at the balloon. Her training may have put a tad more force into the throw than she meant to. The blunt tip of the dart popped the new balloon and embedded itself deep enough into the board behind it that the tall, dark-haired man frowned a little, knowing he would have a difficult time pulling that one back free.

The man chuckled, sounding simultaneously both amused and annoyed. "Excellent shot. Try not to bust the board to pieces, please."

Taking the minor chastising, the littlest slayer bit her lower lip and flushed softly. As a guest, the last thing she wanted to do was break something. Not even a little festival game board, so for her next dart she decided to throw overhand. It was an awkward throw in comparison to her well-aimed and trained first try. No danger of breaking the board this time. The dart struck into the board at normal depth. Trouble was, the dart was nowhere near the balloon she had been aiming for.

That just would not do. She shifted her grip on her last dart back to she used for her sidearm throw. "Sorry, Mister. Can't miss this last one." Choosing a pink balloon as her target this time, a mischievous smile returned to her face. Again she flung her left arm around sideways, whipping her last dart straight into the target balloon.

Arcadia sprung a little prank the moment the balloon popped as she used her illusion magic to recreate the explosion of pink from her potion shop memory. She laughed and cheered, covering everything in the booth, the man, Ruvel and herself  in various shades of sparkly pink. [i]”Haha! I did it!”

The look from the poor man behind the booth as he easily pulled her second dart it first, then as he tried and finally pulled the most embedded darts free again made her apologize fast, ”Alright. I'm sorry. I'd explain the joke, but I guess you had to be there.”  The barefoot mage dismissed the illusion, returning everyone and the booth to normal color. She left the illusion of shades of sparkly pink herself though as she did a little spin, “What about me though? How do I look? I was actually pink like this once, and it was like three days before it wore off. It's hella funny to think about now.  Mm anyway. I guess we should pick our prizes and go find something to eat.”

WC: 2981
    Arcadia WC: 8571

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Ruvel 19th December 2019, 3:44 pm

Ruvel looked up to Shindara who let his young summoner know what was said to them and waited to see if their was any reply. There of course was after a few long seconds of confusion as to why they'd be thanked, though shindara was happy enough to send the translation back. 'Our summoner is confused as to why you are thanking us as we have done nothing worthy of thanks in both his and my own opinions.' he sent to her, this was just how they where and it wasn't going to change just because his summoner had been deaged to being four years old. Then again he could understand his young summoners confusion as he hadn't ever been thanked for such a thing in the past, acts of kindness were often looked over by the others where he was raised as everyone was normally just looking out for themselves. Shindara once again went quiet, his job was to be a translator for his summoner and his collegue so they could understand one another. Other than that he knew it was best to keep his presence minimal which was fine with him in all honesty, he couldn't wait until his summoner was more himself but he knew that was a little while away. He wasn't ready for that journey but soon the time would come for him to take that path even if he wasn't and that was something the elder of the void princes wasn't looking forward to. He would need another on that path the logical two it would seem would be the one he and his twin brother called the master of runes or perhaps the fair lady herself but it would depend on the timing he guessed. That was a worry for another day but it was a worry none the less, one that only the summons knew about. They could tell the path Cirven was going down, how it would affect two or three of the summons in the process and it wasn't a good thing for anyone involved so this had to be sorted before then or he would be left defenceless towards attacks.

He left those worries behind him for now, this was a time of joy his summoner was actually interacting with someone and not out of the fact that he needed to so it was a step in the right direction. He listened to his young summoner as he spoke once more and smiled 'Our summoner says that the flower only adds to your natural beauty, the glow brings out your eyes more and makes them sparkle like star emeralds.' he informed the young fairytail mage that had recieved the rare gift, he himself was surprised that it held its glow still 'Do you think they're entwined?'' he asked the others 'It is possible, her soul calls to his and his to hers.' Oykai said in return, 'He's right, I am not Luvia but their spirits are resonating against each other so they are connected in some manner.' Ziian'tuu added, the void prince couldn't argue with either men on this occassion. His cousin Oykai was one of the spiritual calling, a reaper to those in the mortal coil and well Ziian'tuu he was the ancient of spirits, the afterlife was his domain there was no higher authority in that respect. It did now peak the curiosity of every summon however, what part did this girl play in the dance of fate their summoner danced with his every breath and step. Only time would tell, they hoped for the best but if needed they would end her dance if it meant protecting his, for now she posed no threat so seen no need to do anything that could prevent potential happiness for them both. 'It seems the glow picks up on your happiness fair lady, it glows everytime you smile or feel joy.' Shindara informed her of his observation in regards to the rose. He could only watch as the young fairie's mind went back to the day that tormented her mind and soul, his own summoner had the same kind of memory that he instead of trying to forget tried to hold onto. This was because it was the only memory he still had of his actual family as gorey as it was and no matter how they tried to get him to forget he fought with every fiber to keep it so they just gave up.

Ruvel tilted his head looking concerned as she seemed to zone out once more and asked Shindara a question, he nodded affirming the answer. He had asked if she was okay and if she was still going over guild work in her mind, the eldest crowned prince knew it was a lie but it wasn't his place to tell someone elses business to anyone, even his own summoner, he and Amuul didn't work that way and Ruvel knew it. Still. The young blonde haired youth had accepted the answer and didn't push any further. When she finally came out of the memory and spoke Shindara translated what was being said to Ruvel so he understood what was going on before returning his own words. 'Our summoner says, everyone needs someone to lean on at some point in their lives. It comes easier for some more than others, but he hopes he can be your rock when you need it.' he informed her, he was neutral on the matter, his race didn't interfere with that kind of thing and while he had Amuul he had someone to lean on without worrying about everything crushing him. The summon was surprised at the next thing that came out his summoners mouth 'He says, he hopes you will be the one to see him for everything that he is and that the light will reveal his secrets to you in due time.' this gave the albino male hope that he would move outside his normal circle of comfort when it came to needing support, could it be that he knew that he would need that additional support because things were going to break? His summoner was gifted he knew that much but he didn't expect this to be one of them, he would just have to observe and guild him when needed to make sure he didn't slip to the point he couldn't get back up again.

Shindara explained to Ruvel that Arcadia had stated he wouldn't say anything about the scars she had felt on his hands, Ruvel bowed at the waist low taking her hand and said something before taking her hand and kissing it. 'He says thank you for keeping this secret, he isn't ready for it to come out just yet. There would be to many questions he isn't ready to answer and is scared of the consequences if they were found.' The summon didn't go into much more than that but he knew that Ruvel tried to keep a low profile so the facility only known as 'home' wouldn't find him, with his promotion to a vice president of the West Fiore Trading Company that was a bit more difficult but so far Cirven hadn't expected him to go to Crescent Island to deal with clients there. Cirven himself had went or he had sent other senior members of the company to do it, they all knew that Ruvel wouldn't ever willingly go to that place willingly, he would be kicking, screaming and clawing at the dirt like a wild animal fearing for its life. The summon couldn't blame him given how he had been treated in that place, though hoped in time he would be able to face that fear but that was a long time off. The summon smiled telling Ruvel the fact that she was hungry but was still wanting to play the game they were at, this made the youth chuckle a little. He was having fun so it seemed, something that had been stolen from him for so long it gave the void prince hope that he could leave his past behind but again he knew that wasn't going to happen overnight, the wounds were to fresh for the youth.

The summon chuckled silently as Arcadia said that Ruvel would have to keep up with her on his own, he knew for a fact that wasn't the case, even if it was Ruvel was faster than he was strong. It was something that he had been working on because of his lack in strength, still a piece of Ice blue silk with strange emerald runes stitched into it appeared in Ruvel's hands. He wrapped it to his belt for the moment as he had no idea what it was for but was sure that soon he would be told from the summon that acted as their univeral translator. 'He will be able to keep up, I have no doubt fair lady.' he said before translating to Ruvel the short conversation that happened, he could only nod in agreement with what Shindara had said. It was then he realised why the fabric had been given to him, he tied one part to his own wrist before tying the other end to Arcadia before speaking a smile on his face 'He says this way you both will not be separated in the crowed and it is almost like holding hands.' Shindara let her know word for word, Ruvel understood that she likely would understand why he was doing especially after her last statement, still he wanted to show that he didn't want them separated. The thing was only someone of the void would understand what that piece of silk signified in this regard, it was like the almost like the rose that Arcadia wore behind her left ear. A promise from one young lover to another that they would marry when old enough, the two were betrothed even if they didn't realise it. He doubted the two would mind if and when they found out given how their souls were calling to one another, it was a sweet thing to behold and he would watch their love bloom like a lotus. They had both had darkness in their past but like the lotus they were moving through the darkness so that they could show their tender love and beauty in the sun. As she went to the darts he moved with her, it wasn't like he couldn't stop her as they were now connected by the silk on their wrists, even with his smaller size however he did manage to keep up and looked at the stall in bewilderment as he had never done anything like this before. Ruvel had originally thought he hadn't managed to pierce the balloon but after hearing the pop and the man offering up a prize he just pointed to Arcadia indicating she could choose what she wanted from the prize board.

The man looked to Ruvel for a moment and he looked up "How did you do that young man" he said calmly, Ruvel smiled and started talking the vendor could only look confused as he had no idea what was being said to him. 'Our summoner said he threw the dart with enough force that it would have not only popped balloon but have went threw the back of your stall and a few kilometers away in a straight line. He pulled the speed at the last moment giving a slight delay on what was happening.' Shindara explained calmly, the man was about to open his mouth and say something but closed it as the summon began to speak 'I would think twice before accusing him of cheating or lying like you were just about to. Our summoner is unable to lie and he is just that... a summoner, his strength lays in his summons and I am the only one here. I deal with illusions of a minds making nothing more, nothing less so I had nothing to do with what happened.' the man looked shocked as he was hearing words but seeing no one. Ruvel seeing that the elder male was confused took his sleeve and placed it in his shadow where it seemed to have vanished as if it was a portal to another realm, he felt a cool hand, the hilt of a sword and fine silks before he pulled it back. 'Our summoner in his current state can not speak common Fioran so I am here as a translator and protector. I do not move from his shadow due to this and that I am currently the one caring for him, so please if you will allow the fair lady to claim her prize.' he said respectfully to the man who could only nod, his face as white as a ghost. Ruvel asked something and was given an answer in private before looking to the man again and smiling speaking once again 'Our summoner says, you have nothing to fear from me and he is correct. Please be at ease.' he said his tone again respectful to the man "Okay, um.. well young lady.. what prize would you like since your boyfriend won one for you." the may said he would have know if anyone went back that shouldn't have been back there due to wards and the same with magic if a special band wasn't put on the mage so the wards wouldn't react so he knew that there was no way any foul play could have happened without him knowing about it.

Ruvel would wait for Arcadia to choose the prize she wanted, he didn't know her well enough to choose for her, then again he didn't realise this had no become something of a date between the two because of the action of giving her the flower and the silk they had connecting them around their wrists. Shindara smiled within Ruvel's shadow 'Again there is no need, seeing my summoner having fun is reward enough for me. You however have a prize to choose as he just won you something.' The summon sent to her 'He doesn't feel comfortable enough to choose a thing to give you as he doesn't know you all that well.' he continued gently before once again falling silence. Ruvel blinked watching as she went to the shark board, the man took the payment as he gave the darts and tilted his head as she seemed to stare out into space asking Shindara a question, he recieved an answer that confused him but didn't comment on it. He did have to wonder what she was thinking about this time however as he had never known anyone to do what she did so often, he guessed this might have been normal for her but he had no clue. When she seemed to snap out of her day dream thanks to the vendor who seemed to be somewhat frustrated but trying to keep his cool. Shindara told him what was being said and he watched as she started to take his turns, the first one was what he was worried about when it came to his just to a lesser extent. It is why he used a trick he had been taught to slow the speed down at the final moment of impact thus creating a delayed reaction. The second dart seemed to miss completely which was a shame but the third seemed to be perfect however he was now covered in pink sparkles and frowned, he was far from happy and it was seen on his face. He started to say something and though it was calm it was clear he was upset. 'Our summoner says that how he currently is, will not do. He remains pristeen and immaculately dressed in case he needs to deal with a client at very short notice, right now he couldn't do that.' Shindara said to her as he watched Ruvel's frown change only a second or two to a nutral space once more. 'He is not chastising you fair lady, where he was raised was very... strict you could say; if things weren't just so then the punishments were harsh.' he explained to her 'Please don't take his words to heart, he is still adapting to the world he is part of now.' He realised that he may have given more information than he should have but she already knew of the scars on his hands so knew she expected worse.

Shindara went to help the male take the final dart out of the wall remaining in the shadows as he did so, it wasn't that hard a task and the dart fell to the ground before he merged back with Ruvel's shadow explaining to him what was being said making Ruvel speak. 'He said he likes you the way you were, to much glitter takes away from what makes you beautiful and the world deserves to seek that beauty over a glittering pink marshmallow. He also said that was something he would love to see however.' Shindara said with a chuckle it wasn't something he would expect from his young summoner but again he could understand why he'd want to see something like it. When Arcadia had finished choosing her prizes Ruvel would start walking deeper into the festival, there was a very large stall that done foods from all over Ishgar and thought perhaps they might have something from where she was from and if not they might have something she'd want to try. He was fine with eating their too because you could watch everything be prepared in front of you so he knew what was going into his body which was now a big thing for him. As he walked he always paused if Arcadia fell behind because he didn't want to force her to hurry up or drag her along via the silk fabric that bound them if something caught her eye, there was pleanty of time to do things after all.

Word Count: 3,013
    Total Word Count: 10,982
    @SeaGlass

Betrayal

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 7:26 am