Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Adventure in a Tomb [Job w/Luceam]

Zeshin
    Zeshin

Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Position : None
    Guild : Crystal Swan
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,868.75

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Slayer Blood Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Adventure in a Tomb [Job w/Luceam] Empty Adventure in a Tomb [Job w/Luceam]

Post by Zeshin 3rd October 2018, 10:33 am

Zeshin glared at the sun, which currently made the temperature in the desert unbearable. Not so long he was doing a job in the ice cave, and now he is on freaking desert. Honestly, why couldn't everything in life be balanced? It would be so much easier if he was fire or ice mage. They could ignore temperature from what he knew. Nevertheless, Zeshin didn't want to go blind, so he stopped trying to force sun into submission with a glare and continued on his journey toward Ace of Spades. He had a friend there, who needed help. What form of help, Zesh didn't know. Still, he liked to help other people as long as they had good intentions. That's why he decided not to ask for details.
    "Chris, if this is a joke, I will really kill you." He grumbled under his breath, cursing his friend. Helping hand maybe he was, but no one said that Zesh wouldn't be a bitch about it. At least his clothes made the journey a little safer. Over his standard outfit, redhead wore old, brown traveling cloak which effectively was blocking the sun from burning him to a crisp. Zeshin patted himself mentally on the back for thinking about taking cloak with him. Sometimes he was smart. Aside from the stupid sun, the weather was quite nice. A little wind accompanied him all the way, making his journey cooler. Sometimes it was the reason why sand got into his eyes, but he was able to survive this inconvenience.

After a while, Zeshin noticed someone in the distance. That someone was shorter than him and seemed to travel in the same direction as the redhead. For the young mage, it meant traveling partner. It was always more fun with someone, that's why he jogged a little towards that person."Hey there. Are you also going to Ace of Spades? Mind if I tag along?" Zesh asked the traveler, who was ahead of him.  It was probably a girl, at least that's what redhead noticed looking at the stranger, but he didn't really pay her that much attention for one reason.

The wind picked up. A little bit too much in Zesh's opinion, that's why he started looking around the desert. Desert wind could be a nice thing or a very dangerous thing. Feeling the strength of it, redhead feared that it was the second option. The big, sand cloud in the distance confirmed his thoughts. Sandstorms weren't friends of people from what he knew and Zeshin didn't want his journey to end like that. It would be embarrassing. "Scratch that. We should find cover." He said pointing at the sandstorm.

Approval
    Job details
    Word count: 445
    Total word count: 445/2500
    @Luceam

Last edited by Zeshin on 4th October 2018, 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luceam
    Luceam

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Equilibrium Equinox
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Experience : 3,252,365

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Nature Fairy
    Second Magic: AT-X
    Third Magic: Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Adventure in a Tomb [Job w/Luceam] Empty Re: Adventure in a Tomb [Job w/Luceam]

Post by Luceam 3rd October 2018, 10:32 pm

Luna's day was a rough one at the least, while in a tavern she had a brief encounter with someone from her past. An old friend of her father's who was almost like family, Luna's memories of him where hazy but enough to identify him and sparked a conversation. He and his family lived in Sabertooth after a life of travelling. She decided to pay them a visit. Over her normal attire she wore a large beige cloak with a large hood and a grey scarf. Sunglasses covered her eyes and with the scarf, her face was blocked. she preferred to travel under ambiguity for the meantime as she did not want to be recognized on the off chance her own blood would find her.

Pacing her way through the desert, she focused her way through by keeping herself focused on the task at hand. Luna kept her eyes pointed in the distance as she walked through the seemingly endless sand."Endless sand that stretches for miles..."

However she was shocked at the approach of the man from behind her as he wanted company for the ride. She nodded as the man approached and kept walking. However she stopped when she too noticed the wind and then noticed the sandstorm the man pointed out. Looking around, she noticed an odd rock that appeared to be in the shape of a tuning fork but on the right prong it at a pillar connecting from the top to in front of the base. Seems like a near unnatural formation, but it seemed familiar to Luna as she started running towards it. [color=#ff33cc]"Follow me! I think I know a place."[/font]

Running passed the rock, Luna ran passed the rock, looking for something as her head moved. [color=#ff33cc]"Where's that led-" As Luna stepped foot a short distance from the aforementioned rock, she seemed to have fallen in what appeared to be a pitfall of ten meters, landing on a foot and a knee. Fearing no time to react, she signaled the man behind her to follow as she turned around and started feeling the wall of the ledge that was covered by sand, until she found a gap. "This is going to be a trial of faith, I have no time to explain but the sand here is weaker then normal. Should be able to pass through it, close your eyes and hold as many holes as you can covered or closed. Also the hole is three feet tall.

Luna held her mouth and nose shut through her scarf as she bent over and pushed her body through the sand guarding the hidden opening in the covered rock wall. After going through onto the other side she would find herself standing at the edge of a room, in a hole of sand three feet bellow floor level. Climbing out of the hole, she crawled to a wall and with her face facing the wall, lifted her sunglasses and pulled her scarf out slightly, coughing as sand fell out. She regained composure and Looked around the room, in the center were a bunch of flame lacrima torches on a circular rack while some were mounted against the walls lighting the room. It was made of rugged stone. The room was round, and at the other end from the entrance was what appeared to be a jagged corridor.

After putting her scarf and sunglasses back in place, she stood up as she looked around, amazed. "So, the rumor was true. The forked rocks do lead to hidden shel- Alright, I think I might've just led us to a bandit stronghold. Last time I try to follow what a Bartender tells me..."

WC 615

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Luna Mira ff66cc||| AT-X |||
    Nature Fairy |||Neptuna 99ff66

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Zeshin
    Zeshin

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Zeshin 4th October 2018, 9:22 am

Redhead nodded without much though, hearing words of the girl. Or woman. Zesh wasn't sure because of all these clothes, but at this moment, the importance of that knowledge was close to zero. Still, it was nice to think of himself as older than others. With this conclusion, he ran after his temporary companion. He saw some strange rock on his way and when the girl started looking around, he also tried to find something. It looked like she was searching for something, but in redhead's opinion nothing was there. Maybe this traveler was one of the less sane people?

It has been proved otherwise when the girl has fallen into the sand. Hearing her words, Zeshin's mind went blank for a second. She wanted for him to believe something like this? If something went wrong, surviving this would be hard, despite his resistance towards all things wanting him dead. Redhead looked around again, hoping to find something more not-dangerous-cover like, but with no effect. And the sandstorm was quickly closing in. "Well, shit. Time for faith to work its magic." Zeshin wasn't a believer in his own luck. Still, he took a deep breath before covering his mouth and nose with his cloak. Closing his eyes, mage dived after the girl, hoping for the best. Somehow finding the hidden opening, boy maneuvered carefully, not wanting to be entangled in a mess of limbs with his apparently quite smart companion. Finding himself in a room, redhead stood up a shook his clothes out of the sand. He also coughed a few times. Stupid sand.

Zeshin was trying to clean his eyes off the sand when he heard a voice of his companion. Opening them lightly, mage looked around the place they were currently in. He guessed someone told this girl this place was supposed to be a shelter. For sure it didn't look like it.
    "If it's really bandit stronghold, then are you in the mood for some bandit cleaning?" Zeshin asked with a slight smile at the prospect of a good fight. It was always nice to clean out bandits. After all, the desert would be safer with them behind the bars. "Ah. I almost forgot. Since we are going to explore together, it would be nice to know your name. I'm Zeshin, a simple mage liking to help others and explore." He said and extended his hand towards the girl. Though, his quite visible guild mark probably informed the girl of his affiliation. Ah... perks of not buttoning up a shirt.

Not really feeling like coming back to the surface, Zesh started carefully walking down the jagged corridor. "Have you heard anything more about this "shelter" from the bartender?" Redhead said, trying to make some small talk with his exploring companion. Being silent wasn't really his thing. After a few minutes of walking, jagged corridor quickly ended. It led them to a bigger corridor. It looked like it belonged to some ancient ruins. On the walls were decorative paintings depicting people at sea, and the ceiling was supported by square columns. Here and there, sand fell from the walls and ceiling, emphasizing the old age of the place and covering the floor under its layers. It was all nice and interesting and mysterious, but Zeshin wasn't focused on it. He was more focused on 3 personas he was seeing ahead. To be blunt, it was skeletons. Simple as that.

"It doesn't look like bandit hideout, don't you think?" He asked his companion, glancing at her for a moment."Want me to deal with them, or do you also want to fight?" If the girl wanted to fight some monsters, he would totally understand it and leave one skeleton to her. Or two, if she was greedy.

Approval
    Job details
    Word count: 627
    Total word count: 1072/2500
    @Luceam

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 4th October 2018, 11:46 pm

"The lie is starting to crack a bit" Was what was going through Luna's mind as she had to try and keep things settled. he didn't like lying, but she didn't want to be exposed soon. Through her disguise she bit the side of her mouth as she saw the tattoo as Zeshin introduced himself to her, she started to hate herself for deceit. Shaking the man's hand, her eyes blocked by the sunglasses, but they would clearly show she didn't want to keep up the charade as she spoke to him. "Call me Shirain for now, I'd rather keep my true self hidden for the meantime. Just know I'm not your enemy, if you need proof, you're standing here aren't you?"

Grabbing a Flame Lacrima torch, she followed the man but a sinking feeling of guilt has he brought up the first lie, the bartender. Luna was more the type to get information from a book, and she felt that it would've been stupid to say she was following a fairy tale she barely remembered. She studied the walls and the images, trying to decipher meaning. She wished she could have had more time to study the once legend now fact. She stayed silent until the prospect of enemies brought up. Luna bit her lip as she saw the skeletons, standing back. "I'm no skilled combatant, but I'll fight if you need me to. Also no, no bandit could afford undead nor does it feel like a dark guild's presence. I have a theory but I'll save it for later."

Luna felt guilty about those words but she new that she would probably just end up getting in the way, figured better leave him with a choice and try to ask fewer questions. Plus her experience with combat was less then she have herself credit for, and that the man had the other way around.

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Zeshin
    Zeshin

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Zeshin 5th October 2018, 6:05 am

"That's fine with me. Everyone has a secret or two about themselves." Zeshin answered with a little smile. Hell, if someone knew half of his true past, they would certainly report him to Magic Council. Or they would try to recruit him if Dark Guilds heard about it. Probably. Though when his companion said about not being an enemy, redhead laughed a little. This sounded kinda like a threat or superiority complex, but Zesh doubted there was some hidden meaning in this guy words."Well, good for me then. No point in making enemies around the globe."

When redhead heard girls answer, he smiled and stretched lightly. "Don't worry about it. Some people are battle-oriented, and others focus on support. Again, others like dealing with problematic things by punching them, while rest use their smarts. That just how it works." Zeshin said, not wanting the girl to feel bad about herself or something like this. He could respect supports or defenders. Even if the girl wasn't a support, she was smart, not like him. Still, he didn't look at her anymore, just at skeletons walking around the place. They haven't noticed them yet so it was probably good. "It could just be some ancient dungeon, but I never heard about this place, so I will leave thinking to you. While I deal with them, you could search for something in this room? Maybe something will confirm your theory."

With this suggestion, Zeshin started slowly moving towards his opponents. Skeletons looked quite simply. Unless they were vastly reinforced with magic, they shouldn't be a big problem. Still, his blade would be useless there. In every story he heard, a sword wasn't a weapon good against skeletons. Blunt force enough to crack bones seemed to be a better choice. Which left him with hand-to-hand combat. Zeshin also didn't want to show his magic to Shirain. It wasn't really.... morally good. No one likes dealing with blood mages, because they always are close to something taboo. And it's kinda disgusting. Shaking his head out of stupid thoughts, young mage started running towards skeleton closest to him. All of them were quite close to each other, so it was irrelevant which one would fall first.

Now, the most dangerous thing these skeletons had was clearly sword. Even magically reinforced bones wouldn't deal high damage. Well, in most cases weapon user without his weapons was easy to beat, but skeletons especially. When Zeshin got close to the monster, it quickly tried to vertically slash him. For redhead his swing was very easy to dodge thanks to his training with sword master. Quickly sidestepping it, young mage grabbed skeleton's wrist and two times palm-striked its elbow. Enchanted blood which increased his strength made it quite easy to break it. After that, Zeshin threw bone hand far away and quickly did a sweep kick. Then he grabbed falling skeleton's leg with both hands. Of course, its friends weren't standing and looking at Zesh actions with indifference. They were already close enough to almost reach him with their blades. That was exactly the reason why he grabbed theirs friend's leg. He rotated and with a mighty swing, hit incoming skeletons with their friend sending them into one of the pillars, cracking it slightly. It was good that the human skeleton's wasn't that heavy. Quickly using 'Power Dash' to close the distance before they could regain their footing, Zeshin hit them again with a 'Superpunch'. Force of the spell lifted sand into the air, created shockwave around the room and cracked the pillar even more, though it still didn't break completely. Jumping away from the skeletons, the redhead looked at them and waited. After a few seconds, two skeletons stood up. The one with a broken arm stayed on the ground. They started running towards him and he waited for them to come. When one of them reached him and tried to pierce him, Zesh simply chopped side of the blade, changing its trajectory, and punched skeleton two times in the head, before front kicking it in the chest. It quickly changed into a bunch of human bones lying on the ground. Still, it kinda damaged him. Redhead used a low amount of strength when changing blades trajectory... too low. Now his biceps was bleeding quite nicely. The last monster didn't even blink at the death of his friend. Well... they were already dead. And he didn't have eyes to blink. This skeleton tried to slash him, this time horizontally. Actually, a monster's attack was faster then he expected. It even reached Zesh cheek, cutting it slightly open, before he grabbed it's hand and stopped rest of the attack completely. With a glare, young mage mightly kicked skeleton in the face. It fell to the ground because of the strike, but it still "lived". Well, for a while at least, because Zeshin quickly stomped on its head a few times, cracking it quite nicely. Just to be sure.

"Soo... did you get some information or we are just going forward?" Zeshin asked without a care about beaten skeletons and looked at the girl. Seriously, smart thugs were stronger than some casual skeletons. Well, maybe they were quicker than normal skeletons. Still not fast enough for a close-combat oriented mage.

HP: 300/375
    MP: 375/375
    Word count: 880
    Total word count: 1952/2500
    @Luceam

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 5th October 2018, 11:26 am

Luna had watched from behind as Zeshin taught the skeletons how he danced, but in the meantime she decided to try and analyze the situation the best she could, starting with the basics. She looked around the cave and came to the conclusion that it was not natural in all parts, ten circular room plus the depictions would indicate to Luna that someone had put time into this. She ran her fingers along the images on the ruins, trying to figure out what was going on. Reaching under cloak she withdrew a notebook with a pen inside the spine. Pulling out the pen she started jotting down notes on the area, trying to make sense of things. "Odd, I see, this may turn out to be the case..."

After the last Skeleton fell Luna put the notebook away, looking at the scene she started walking across the room and to what appeared to be a stone door. If anything was obvious it was clear she was the smarter one while he was the skilled combatant. It hurt that she lied to a member of her own guild, but she made a silent vow to tell him the truth later. She picked up a thin rock off the ground and ran it along the gaps between the door and the frame. "Just making sure no one opens the door and gets blown up. I don't think this is a bandit hideout, but a bandit target. Run of the mill bandits don't have the cash to afford an in house necromancer or any sort of necromancy. Oh, crush the spines and skulls, don't want a respawn on our way out."

Luna slowly and silently opened the door and revealed stairs leading down a rather large distance. The lighting was poor if not for the torch light as Luna tried to look around, she noticed there were bits of the wall missing and appeared to go on into a cave. Stopping to look at one of these holes that was close to the stairs. "I see, I think a cave system near the ruins got interconnected over time. Some of these don't seem natural though, like someone was searching for this place."

Going further down, Luna stopped after she felt something rush passed her head from behind, and then something by her left shoulder when she figured it out, ambush. "I might have been right about bandits... I think we just walked into a trap. Archers! There's one down at the bottom, one in a cave behind sniping. I can take care of the one behind, you get the one at the bottom!"

Luna traversed up the stairs back up, however she couldn't helped but be bothered by the faith she has in him, making the lie all the worse. Dropping her torch she kept herself to a wall on the opposite side, figuring the light was what was being used to find her.

Holding her breath, she kept herself hidden as she listened. She heard the strain of the draw string and the sound of the arrow rubbing against the bow shaft. Then she heard the whispering voice of the bandit archer from above cursing about not being able to find Luna and realizing that she's not there. Running towards the wall she jumped and up and grabbed a small hole in the wall, she was hoping for the ledge but for jumping in the dark she couldn't be picky. Lifting her feet along the wall she pushed up and leaped and grabbed the actual ledge she wanted. However a second later she felt the heel of a boot crush down on her left hand. She grunted in pain but pulled her right hand back quickly and grabbed the boot before jumping off the wall and twisting in midair.

The body of the bandit landed first and Luna on top, the man was silent as he landed on his head first, Luna got up and stumbled back to the torch as she picked it up and approached the bandit. Horror in her eyes as she saw a puddle of blood around the man's face, he had landed on the corner of the edge, it was jagged. She didn't want to kill the man but she had no choice, but she didn't know he was dead either. Looking at his hands, his bow was still intact and his quiver well stocked. She could tell this was only going to get more dangerous, and if bandits were searching, there must be something worth stealing. She took the quiver off his back and threw it over her shoulder and grabbed the bow, figuring the man wasn't going to use it for a while she started heading back down the stairs, putting her actions out of her mind. Having faith that Zeshin handled the other guy.

"Alright, now I'm certain something is amiss here."

HP 180/200
    MP 200/200
    WC 819

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Zeshin
    Zeshin

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Zeshin 5th October 2018, 4:19 pm

Zeshin looked at the girl for few seconds when he heard the answer. How did she deduct it was bandit target, Zeshin didn't know. He was also pretty sure that even if she would explain things in more details, he still wouldn't understand. His IQ was too low for things like that. That was also the reason why he did crush skeletons heads. Normally he would leave them behind, but after a quick mental battle with himself, he decided that better to be safe. Magic worked in strange ways sometimes.

Hearing girls words while walking down the stairs, Zeshin began to think a little more about the fact that someone was trying to discover this place. It would be really hard to find if someone didn't have prior knowledge of the entrance. "Well, maybe your bartender told a few bad people about this place. Some adventurers got there, and the thrill of adventure and riches lead them here. Or something. We will ask them later... well, that is if they didn't get killed by some monsters like these skeletons." Zeshin said with a shrug. It wouldn't be strange if some adventurers or even bandits reached this place in hope of easy money.

The redhead was bigger frame then girl, so when he heard a quiet whistling sound, he quickly crouched avoiding arrows. Hearing girls words, mage nodded quickly. It would be best to make quick decision and quickly deal with them. "Got it. I will meet you down there." He said and waited a while before the girl was a little bit further from him. He could deal with this bandit in a few ways. A quick dash down the stairs and punch, or just fly down the stairs and collide with him. Redhead however, took the most... magical method. Shirain wasn't currently looking at him, so he could use a bit more of his magic without fear.

"Blood Rain" He whispered quietly and created hundred of blood needles. Then he waited for a while. Finally, he heard whistling sound over his head. Calculating trajectory of the arrow, Zeshin sent blood rain on his opponent. Quickly walking down the stairs to be sure that he hadn't missed, Zeshin found a common bandit with bow lying unconscious - he checked his pulse to be sure - on the lower stairs with blood spots all over his body. There was a torch near guy's body making the place a little bit brighter. Stepping over bandit's body, Zesh grabbed a torch and waited a while for his companion. Only now did he register, than Shirain could be in danger. There could be a bigger amount of enemies then they expected or something like this.

Before he could start walking back up to help Shirain, he heard girl's voice. Young mage instantly looked at her and tried to check her status. He didn't see any visible wounds which was good. He wasn't sure if she could deal with her enemy. Though, these archers didn't seem like great shots or professional, so maybe it shouldn't even be problematic. Details. "You okay? Any injury I should know of?" Zeshin asked just to make sure, caring more about his teammate than another archer status. He was probably unconscious somewhere behind them. It worked like that most of the time.

All would be good, if not for the growl Zeshin heard from below. Quickly looking down the stairs, redhead found hell hound there. At least, the flame's in this dogs mouth said so. He didn't really have any time to admire its beauty, because it looked like the monster dog was concentrating flames in his mouth. It was only 5 meters away from them, so possibility whatever attack he was loading reaching them was quite high. "Shit."

Acting quickly, the redhead grabbed Shirain by her arm and pulled her as close as he could, before crouching down. With a surge of MP, he created 'Blood Wings' and covered their bodies with it, right before fire breath hit them. "Sorry for being rough." He said through clenched teeth, trying to endure flamethrower. When it ended, his wings looked much worse for wear. His shirt also was torn at the back, courtesy of wings. "Catch up with me, kay?" With these words, Zesh dispersed his wings and used 'Power Dash' to close the distance between them and monster. After that, he quickly 'Superpunched' it, sending it on another side of the hall. One deep breath later, Zesh stood up from his crouched position, still looking at his enemy slowly getting up.

HP: 290/375
    MP: 325/375
    Word count: 750
    Total word count: 2702/2500
    @Luceam

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 6th October 2018, 4:17 pm

Luna shrugged at the question Zeshin asked as she had shuttered to think of what she had done to the bandit. She hated the thought of killing someone was not easy but she decided to keep it out of her mind as she tried to hide her pain in her voice. "I'm fine, just a bit of brusing and a shock from the fall. The other guy... is not gonna make it. Either drowning in his own blood or a skull split."

Luna thought the ethical dilemma she put herself in was hell, but then finding a hell hound actually made things seem all the worse. As Luna was held close she could only speculate that Zeshin was using some form of magic to protect her as her sight was limited for the moment, she felt a chill down her back as the spell protected her and was breathing heavily after it ended. When the man apologized, Luna laughed a bit. "It's fine, just buy me a drink first next time."

Luna stood back as she witnessed the man go battle a spawn of hell and couldn't help but admire his courage, he was out of his depth and didn't need to go this far for anyone but still chosen to fight. However she was not quite out of the fight yet, steadying the bow she aimed it at the beast, holding the arrow waiting for a clear shot as she watched Zeshin face the beast. As it was getting back up Luna shot the arrow and for a second she thought she missed, but the arrow got lodged in the middle of the beasts tail. It cried in pain before growling, it's gaze now fixed on the archer, in this case Luna. However at this point she knew she had few options as an arrow was not going to cut it with a second shot.

Pointing her right hand forward a white light formed in the center of her palm and expanded as and formed into a ball before being shot at the creature as it leaped 'Minor Aura Pulse', hitting right in the jaw stopping it mid air before falling down and sliding down the stairs. Luna picked up her bow carried it over her shoulder. Holding her torch, she walked to Zeshin "I think that was some sort of guard, it seems unconscious, let me figure this out."

Luna walked to the bottom of the stairs and ran her fingers along the hurt animal. Using her Integrated Memory, she was able to get a peak into the past of the beast. She felt sympathy as she images flashed through her mind until things slowly started to make sense. She couldn't see much except for two memories, it being placed here and the sound of the earlier team. Luna's heart sank as she saw the truth, he was one of the secondary defense, meaning there was one more hound, and one more bandit. She stood up and looked to Zeshin. "This exploration just got dangerous, we need to hurry, now. I can't see what's at the end, but these beasts and those skeletons were security against intruders."

Luna opened the door at the bottom of the stairwell and led to what appeared to be a corridor and instantly Luna felt her foot wet and looked down to see a puddle of blood and smelled a scent similar to burnt charcoal. Casting a light on the ground she noticed that it came from two corpses that were fried black, clothing burnt to flesh. She heard a growling from down the hall and before she could tell what was happening a second hound came pouncing down the halls and jumped at her. Holding the side of her arm out she instinctively called on her only defense technique as a circular shield of white energy formed in front of her. 'Spirit Shield' but it was of little use as she still got knocked back and the hell hound clawed it's way through the shield, shattering it.

Grabbing the beast by the head she tried to twist it's head to point away from herself while push it back, panicking. "Zeshin! help!"

WC 699
    HP 170/200
    MP 156/200

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Zeshin
    Zeshin

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Zeshin 7th October 2018, 3:59 am

The redhead looked sadly at the girl when she told him what happened to the other guy. Zeshin didn't really know Shirain, but she didn't give him vibes of a killer. Or person accustomed to killing. Or anything similar to these things. He knew things like that sometimes happened, even if you tried not to kill someone. "Kill or be killed" situations too often happens in this world.

When girl shot the beast, redhead smiled a little. It was nice to have someone helping you. Though, the fact that a monster changed his targets wasn't too good in his opinion. Still, before he could react, the girl used her magic. Zeshin hadn't really seen that type of magic. It looked like some kind of light magic, but the feeling it gave off was different. "So you are a mage too? That makes things easier." Redhead said when girl neared corpse of the beast. It would make their future fights simpler.

Hearing that she wanted a while to figure this out, young mage nodded and looked at what she was doing. He looked curiously, having an idea what she was happening. Art of memory reading looked quite similar in the fact, that everyone who used it become disconnected for a second from the outside world. Honestly, he didn't expect it. This also meant that she wasn't using light magic, because he doubted it had abilities like that. Well, in the end, it was her secret to tell. No need to overanalyze it. "If they are security and someone passed them, then we have to hurry indeed. Ancient ruins like this might hold some kind of artifact, which could make our fight much, much harder." Zeshin agreed with girl's words and followed her. Now, that was a mistake that he wasn't opening the doors, but he hadn't thought about it before.

When the girl called out for his help, he quickly dashed toward her. One hand grabbed the beast under its stomach, and second - grabbed it by its throat. With a grunt, he threw hellhound across the hall. The beast rotated in the air and landed on its front paws. Flame in hellhound jaw intensified, meaning it was preparing to use another roar. Not like he would let him. Redhead didn't wait even for a second before using 'Power Dash'. The moment monster tried to unleash its roar, Zeshin hit it in the jaw with a powerful kick, lifting beast again of the ground. Because of this, hellhound unleashed his firestorm on the ceiling, which didn't do much damage to him and Shirain. Quickly after this, redhead grabbed his sword and duplicated it, and attacked hellhound with a storm of cuts, before cleanly cutting off the beast head. Now with monster dead, he released a breath and looked at Shirain. "You okay? Sorry, I should have entered the room first." The redhead said, feeling guilty about what happened. It was a stupid thing to do, but somehow he has forgotten. He always took solo jobs, so it made him forgot how to cooperate with other people.

Deciding that this time he goes first, Zesh opened the next doors and entered into the room, only to see polearm coming at him. Quickly reacting, redhead grabbed it with both hands before it could pierce "You know, it's annoying how they always jump in the worst timings. Don't you think so, Shirain?" Zeshin asked the girl, ignoring his enemy. Well, not ignoring. He held strongly this guys spear because no one liked to be pierced through the head. It would even kill him. Finally, he looked at the bandit boss who struggled to free his polearm. "You know, I'm kinda annoyed about you jumping at us the second we open the door. So, I think that I should show you a tiny bit of my magic... Ah, Shirain. I recommend not looking too much, because it might get nasty. And listening."

With a grin, blood mage used 'Blood Rain' and created one-hundred of blood needles around him. Bandit leader looked at them shocked, but probably because he didn't know they were mages. Well, his problem. For some reason, bandit didn't want to leave his weapon behind, which was very, very stupid. Blood needles rained on his opponent, and when they all hit, young mage immediately used 'Boil'. Now, some of the needles hit boss hands and some, boss eyes so he already lost his sight. The same needles left Zesh blood in bandits eye sockets. Now, that mentioned blood started to boil... yeah. Enough described. Courtesy of boiling hand, boss released his weapon, and courtesy of boiling blood on his body - mainly eyes - he started screaming a little bit. That's why redhead shut his mouth with his hand, not really wanting to deal with all the screaming. Even if bandit boss was normally tougher then others, his attacks were - to put it simply - too brutal. Throwing guys polearm away, redhead punched his opponent in the stomach. Once, twice, thrice... he wanted them to faint as quickly as he could, because well... it would hurt less this way. After the fourth strike, bandit boss punched Zesh in the face and send him skidding back a few meters. Apparently, the guy came to terms with the pain he was feeling right now.

HP: 250/375
    MP: 285/375
    Word count: 891
    Total word count: 3593/2500
    @Luceam

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 7th October 2018, 12:18 pm

As Luna watched the beast get decapitated, she wanted to throw up so bad but urged with all her might to keep going forward. There was something that needed to be protected, and someone was willing to kill to get it, literally. Luna looked at the two bandit corpses that the second hound had handled, she suspected their boss had them distract the beast while he got to the door somehow. However she shrugged it off as she followed Zeshin through to the next room and was shocked to see Zeshin catch the spear. "Well, this guy might be the last, the temple only had 5 guards and we killed all of them."

Luna watched amazed as Zeshin disarmed and engaged the man in combat, however the man might lack in magic power, but was experienced as he managed to counter Zeshin and get a good blow in on Zeshin. However at this point the Bandit knew that he couldn't win in a fair fight, but he didn't care for a fair fight. Bursted across the room and grabbed Luna by collar and whipped her as he turned around, putting Luna between him and Zeshin. The quiver, the bow, and the torch got sent flying but the flame lacrima torch hit the floor, shattering and a three foot tall and four feet wide flame erupted giving the man some added coverage.  "Alright wiz boy, you had your fun. However I got your girl as hostage, hell I might even keep her if you act stupidly. Don't try and be a hero, I know she'll be dead if you use that magic."

Luna tried to strugged but the man had a solid grip that was only getting worse. "Let go, or else I'll-" The man proceeded to slap her with the back of his other hand. "Shut up, what good is a woman if she speaks and is out of the kitchen. Who do you think you are to speak to me!" Luna, gritting her teeth she pulled back and quickly slipped out of her cloak and kicked the man back with both her legs knocking her back. She slowly stood up, her disguise gone, her hair was on either side of her shoulders exposing her white tattoo on the back of her neck as she rose back to her feet."You wanna know? Fine, I am Luna Mira! A wizard of Crystal Swan, and currently your worst nightmare..."

The Bandit Boss, now pissed off he punched Luna with a left hook to which she blocked with her forearms but was knocked back to almost into the fire. The bandit slowly approached, clearly reveling in a victory he has not yet won. "You're mistake for doing that." Luna stuck her hand into the fire behind her and the Bandit was laughing. "Trying to make things easier for me? Thanks a lot..." However Luna's flesh wasn't burning as it turned red along both her arms instead. The man's laughing stopped as smoke was starting to come out of Luna's arms. 'Imperfect integration' Luna raised her other arm towards the man as she was charging the same attack as before, but this time it was different as a flame ball was being formed. "Stupid men often fall into traps when they assume things about women, I don't like violence, but I like you
    a lot less."
    The man realized he was out of luck as he tried to turn around and run. 'Minor flame pulse' and shot the ball hitting the man right in the back, burning him through the chain mail before Luna ran and punched the man in the same spot, her fist burning hot. The man fell down, unconscious but in a lot of pain. Feeling no need to continue, Luna returned back to the room, picking up her desert attire and then making her way around to Zeshin.

Luna's gaze could not even bring itself to look at the man. Her voice carried sadness and sincerity. "I'm sorry about lying, my name isn't Shirain, it's Luna. I'm actually a wizard of Crystal Swan. I'll explain everything later, or possibly on the way out. But for now, we gotta get to the tomb."

WC 702
    HP 140/200
    MP 112/200

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Zeshin
    Zeshin

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Zeshin 7th October 2018, 2:04 pm

Zeshin sweatdropped a little when the girl said that they killed all of them. Now, this sounded so much like something a dark mage would do. The redhead was trying to do impression of good guy after all, so killing people wasn't good for his reputation.

Redhead didn't know how bandit managed to grab Shirain. A burst of power from desperation? He was quite close to death after all. Zeshin didn't know, but when he saw that his companion was taken a hostage, he saw red. He even slowly started forming blood needles in dark places near him. If something hit his enemy before he could react, then all would end happily. Well, almost. He was pretty sure that the moment Shirain was out of danger, he would annihilate the man completely. Cut off some limbs, probably castrate him and gouge out his eyes - at least what's left of them. A growl left Zeshin mouth when he hit the girl, but before he could attack him, she reacted. In a beautiful display of calm rage, she made quick work of him. Well, at least as far as redhead's eyes could see. In the meantime, Zeshin tried to calm down his ancestor's blood from going too wild.

When she came back, Zeshin saw that she couldn't even look at him. The sadness in her voice also was heard. The young mage sighed with relief seeing her relatively unharmed, and feeling most of his murderous tendencies leave him, patted the girl on the head. He was a little bit miffed about the fact that she was a Crystal Swan mage and felt that she couldn't trust him, but his concern about her well being overshadowed his other feelings. "All that matters is that you are safe Luna. I'm sure you had your reasons for lying, and I doubt they were just to spite me... How's your hand?" He asked with a concern and a smile on his face, because it was, well, in the fire. Even if she somehow controlled it.  "Ah... You being part of Crystal Swan makes you even more part of my 'family'. Never fear to ask for helping hand, when you have to take care of something problematic."

"Tomb is right there, half open. Probably this disgusting excuse of a human tried to open it before we arrived." Zeshin said pointing at the tomb in the middle of the room. He saw it a while ago but was more concerned about other things. He also had to make sure that the last bandit never reached outside world. He was too much of a scumbag to have that privilege.

Getting close to the tomb, young mage pushed open the coffin and looked inside...

HP: 250/375
    MP: 285/375
    Word count: 455
    Total word count: 4048/2500
    @Luceam

Luceam
    Luceam

Character Sheet

Post by Luceam 9th October 2018, 1:59 pm

Luna was grateful that Zeshin was very forgiving on the matter, and even still concerned for her well-being. When he asked about her hand, Luna held up her arm as she showed the man her red smoking skin. "My hand never got burned, but I did feel a bit of pain. My magic is a lost and once forbidden art known as Integration. I basically take in elements and integrate them into myself." Then the smoke started to intensify as the red skin turned back to normal starting from her hands back to her shoulder. Luna bit down on her shirt as it reached completion, but her scream was barely muffled. "Sweet mother of Shirac that hurts. Still not fully used to it yet." Luna was grateful to know she could count on Zeshin for help but that was not her reasoning for lying. She followed Zeshin to the tomb, curious as to it's contents. "My problem was more of a notoriety, low profile to prevent my past from finding me as I was going to visit an old friend. As for the tomb, I suppose the bandit was worried about a final trap, otherwise we would've found him on his way out."

As the tomb was opened, Luna looked inside to see what appeared to be a skeleton surrounded by various items. At it's feet was a red pirates garb folded and stacked neatly, the right hand was clasped around a bottle of ale, unopened. In the left was a book, while sticking out of the mouth was a stone orb. Luna could sense the magic emanating from both. "Fascinating, appears to be some sort of burial rite where one buries themselves with their most treasured or needed possessions in hopes that they will help in the next life or world. This is gonna take a while. Let me try and see if I can speed through the process." Luna rested two of her fingers on the skeleton trying to trigger a unique ability. "I can integrate knowledge, never tried it on a human corpse though. Odd, it ain't working though..."

Luna felt a chill rush through her entire being as only she could hear a voice come from the skull. "Take my treasures, may them serve you well, seek out the rings and become a god!" Luna then stumbled back from the tomb and fell, a terrified look in her eyes. "He, he talked!"

After breathing for a minute, she slowly stood back up and looked inside the tomb again, this time with a clearer head as she swallowed her nervousness. "I see. I think, I might've integrated his last thoughts. This is just the beginning, but the end of the tomb..." Luna put her desert attire on and grabbed the stone and book, hiding them on her person. She then did the same with the garb at his feet. "He was expecting his grave to be looted, better me then the bandit. There's something beyond this. But I'm not a drinker, the ale is just a bottle of ale."

Luna started to walk towards the door, almost stumbling. "Let's go, we have no further business here."

WC 530
    HP 120/200
    MP 112/200

Carpo's Prodigy Slayer

Bank

Amelia Thorn
    Zeshin
    Zeshin

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Zeshin 10th October 2018, 7:07 am

Redhead looked at the red skin of girls hand and listened to her explanation. "That sounds dangerous. I guess it's lost for a reason." Zeshin said and winced a little when he heard girl's scream. Yup. Definitely dangerous. Not like he could say anything about it. His blood magic wasn't any better in terms of possible harm to a user. At least he is used to it, while the girl isn't. "Well, that just means that your past is problematic for you, so if it does find you, you can ask for help. Dealing with problematic things solo is sometimes hard."

Next few minutes were a little strange for Zeshin. While Luna was fascinated by this tomb, he was more like "it's just a dead guy who achieved something" type of thoughts. So he looked at his guildmate and let her do her things. No need to interrupt her if this was somehow important to her. Maybe this is how one should go about exploring dungeons? Zesh didn't know. He was more of a punching type of character and it made him feel good. Reading about past of random dude... not so much.

The redhead was surprised when the girl fell. She quickly got up before he could help her stand up and started saying something about the beginning, end, and something beyond. It sounded like some grand things, but for Zesh, it simply meant more dungeons to explore. Nothing more, nothing less."You know, we are living in the world of magic. Somehow I'm not surprised that this guy left some kind of message... or challenge. Well, no need to be dramatic about it. It probably means more dungeons or something like that." He said with a shrug not caring that much and grabbed a bottle of ale that skeleton was holding, before throwing the second garb from tomb over his shoulders. Then he smiled teasingly. "I bet this stuff is better than anything you picked. Simple things are the best."

Hearing girl's last word, Zesh rolled his eyes. It sounded so like they had business here to begin with. As far as he knew, they were just cleaning out the cave but well... to each her own. Maybe they just looked at things differently. "Aye aye, captain." The redhead said like some kind of pirate and followed the girl out of there. The place was quite clean of enemies, so there wasn't anything for him to do here. Whatever Luna planned to do with information from this skeleton, redhead wouldn't stop her. If her adventure will end as a mistake, then she would be able to grow thanks to it. He could help her if she needed him to, but he also had a few more important things to do at the moment.

Approval
    Job details
    Word count: 455
    Total word count: 4503/2500

Current date/time is 29th March 2024, 12:17 am