Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Hunter's get Hunted

Segodon
    Segodon

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Player 
    Lineage : Hunter's Wrath
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 10,419

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Thunder Demon Slayer
    Second Magic: Stylus of Thoth
    Third Magic: Pandor's Vessel

The Hunter's get Hunted Empty The Hunter's get Hunted

Post by Segodon 21st August 2018, 7:47 am

Job
    Signup

A young man walked on the road in solitude. His hair was red and messy, bound around his head was a crimson and golden headband. His chin and cheeks were maintained in a while now, it was dotted with red stubbles. He was dressed in white pants and an upper coat of crimson. Black lacquered plates where sewn onto the fabric on its sleeves. His hands were gloved in black gauntlets and around his chest he wore an armour plate coloured in the same black lacquer. Four white diamonds were displayed on the top part of the plate. His strange curved sword was bound in place by a thick belt of yellow fibres. He wore on his back a leather bag with plenty of accessories and equipment. A large conical pan, sleeping mat, sausages, rope, a small axe and peculiarly even scrolls which peaked out the bag. The man walked at a fast pace or better said he hobbled at a fast pace. His left leg lagged behind his right. He used a walking stick to support it, the stick seemed to be a sturdy twig.

Haruyuki had been travelling for a couple of days now on foot, he was lucky to catch a ship of the Fiore West Trading Company that was bound to a city near the place he was meant to go. Which was an ancient city complex, now ruined. He had found his assignment on the job board. Taking down some graverobbers and safely the goods. He was even allowed to keep an ancient item for himself. The grave robbers were plundering the tombs of powerful ancient mages, and that meant grant artefacts and better yet. Knowledge! And knowledge is priceless, who knew if there were any scripts on warfare? Something to add to his additions. Most of the books and scrolls that he had collected came from Midi and the surrounding, and one book from Minstrel. A book of a great military leader called Frederick the Great. Though his favourite was of Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'. Fuurin Kazan, 'Swift as the wind, Silent like the forest. Conquer like fire, Immobile like a mountain. Mysterious as the shadow, Fast as lighting.'. Those were the words he lived by since the day he had read them. Who knows if he found yet another writing that could lead him closer to his aim, his goal, to be the greatest military strategist! Those thoughts made him forget the pain in his leg and increased his speed yet that tiny bit more.
    He arrived near the ruins when the sun stood high in the sky, the sky was blue without a cloud to see. He sought out a large tree on a hill, that was likely the best place to spot the other participant with whom he would have to work together. He decided on making a fire to cook up some of the sausages with some wild vegetables. The leaves of the tree would mask the smoke, so he wasn’t afraid to warn his enemies in the city. He finished his food and went to sit against the tree to study a scroll. Forgetting to keep an eye out for his companion to be.

Wc: 537/6000

Last edited by Haruyuki-Berg on 23rd August 2018, 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Segodon
    Theme:

The Hunter's get Hunted Sig_210
    Neah Wolphrax
    Neah Wolphrax

Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows of Anarchy
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Experience : 893.75

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flame God Slayer 1st Gen
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The Hunter's get Hunted Empty Re: The Hunter's get Hunted

Post by Neah Wolphrax 22nd August 2018, 6:42 am

Balthazar

Word Count: 550
    Job Total Count: 1087/12000

Finally some adventure to be had. Up until now, Balthazar had taken care of mostly fairly simple job requests which didn’t take a whole lot of his time, but he figured it was about time to get cracking on something more extensive. He wasn’t going to make any kind of actual impact if he didn’t get in line with the tougher stuff after all. Luckily enough for him he didn’t need to go through the arduous troubles of finding a source of transport to the area he was headed to, as he could take to the sky with some help of his magic and soar over by himself. Although he had to admit mid-travel that it wasn’t the best idea in the world, as he had nearly gotten himself lost a couple times. Navigating a route from the sky was a little tougher than he expected, but thankfully, he had managed to keep mostly on track, only costing himself a few moments of time here and there.

The breeze ruffled his messy purple hair as he glided through the air, pondering about this job. Fighting a bunch of grave robbers sounded quite interesting to be sure, and it made him wonder just how valuable of a treasure was down there in the ruins if it attracted this many thieves. Enough for someone to ask for help, which meant the likelihood of finding a cool thing while completing the task he was set to do was probably pretty high. Balthazar was liking those odds. Nothing better than a well paid job that can also provide you with other small benefits in case you get lucky enough.

Regardless, as much as he enjoyed musing about how great this could potentially end up being, he would soon reach the area, prompting him to slow down slightly in search of the person he was apparently about to be tagging along with. Well, assuming they were already there of course, but he had no reason to be rushing ahead anyway. While he was fairly confident in his abilities, taking on a group of grave robbers by himself sounded a little too risky even for him. Who knew just what kinds of stuff they had hidden in their sleeves. It would be unsightly to rob a grave without being ready for any sort of intervention after all. Unless they were dumb, in which case this job could be easier than expected, but that was too much of a wishful thinking, probably.

The search would take him a brief while, but having an aerial view of the area certainly helped him see the cope of the area more easily. Besides, a camper with a fire wasn’t that hard to spot in general, the moment you got close enough to their location. Circling around a few times, he would glide downwards, landing on the ground close by where the fire had been set up. Staying in a low crouch for the time being, Balthazar would scan the area around him swiftly, his gaze soon landing on the person by the tree. “Yo.”, he’d wave at them. “You the person I’m working with?”, he’d inquire, a casual smile on his face. It was unlikely someone else would be wandering around here alone, but it was still better to ask.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character Links:
    Neah Wolphrax
    Segodon
    Segodon

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Segodon 23rd August 2018, 7:08 am

Haruyuki, whom was deep entangled in the words on the scroll shook back to reality. “Eh…” He paused, he had never encountered anyone alike whom was before him on any of his travels. “If you are here for the matter about the graverobbers. Then yes.” He spoke with an accent that hinted he was from Midi, though it was also visible through the clothes he wore. He stood up and stretched. “I’m Haruyuki, an… eh… from the West Fiore Trade Company.” He tucked the scroll in his bag and shoved out the fire, while they talked. He would leave most of his belongings here except for what he required in battle, which was the armour he wore, his sword and the helmet that he had used as a pan. He started cleaning his helmet. “Eh, I consider it important to discuss some things first. What magic do you use for example?” He was more likely to get an answer to that question by giving his own magic price. “I myself use the Art of War, it can be used to steer a battle to a positive ending.” He kept the explanation simple and certainly did not mention that his magic was Illusion Make, it was in the interest of anyone that none but Haruyuki himself knew that. His magic could otherwise not work or with decreased effect. It didn’t matter for himself because he believes strongly in the words written by the strategist of yore but not everyone saw merit in their words. “I suggest that we first do some scouting and then device a plan of attack.” The inside of the helmet and outside where now clean, he inspected them once more and took his bag a bundle of cloth. He unwrapped it and placed a thick layer of cloth on his head and moved two longer ends under his chin and bound it there. He fastened his helmet on the cloth as well, and his helmet was complete. It was a simple helmet in truth, a one-piece metal sheet that was rolled up in a conical shape rather than the elaborated helmets his social class used in Midi. This helmet was worn by the footsoldiers but it had many uses besides being head protection and thus a better choice for him.  

Wc:284/921/6000

Segodon
    Theme:

Neah Wolphrax
    Neah Wolphrax

Knight VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Neah Wolphrax 24th August 2018, 3:40 am

Balthazar

Word Count: 369
    Total Count: 919/6000
    Total Job Count: 1740/12000

“Yeah, that’s the one.” Balthazar would nod, straightening himself up from his crouched position. Well, it looked like part one of the task was done, now that they’ve managed to meet up safe and sound. He’d take a look over the other man briefly, noting the guy was probably a bit of a foreigner, albeit he was not all that familiar with all the lands to be honest. “Huh, cool. I’m Balthazar. From Black Rose.”, he’d offer the guy a friendly smile as he patted down his clothes a bit. Man, the wind current did a good job at messing him up. Oh well.

Listening to his companion bring up magic, he’d hum under his breath faintly. “So kind of like being a puppeteer of the battle?”, he’d question, somewhat curious about how that kind of magic worked. Did it control the enemies somehow to thwart their actions and thus give them an advantage in battle? “But yeah, I’m a God Slayer. I use fire techniques for the most part. You could say I do best as a front line fighter.” He did have a few tricks in his arsenal like smoke and such that weren’t only about direct damage, but in general, he did best at destructive assault. Fire was primarily meant to burn what stood in its way after all. It was not the best element for moderation in many cases.

On the note of preparations for the expeditions, Balthazar personally didn’t use any armor at the moment, as he preferred to have less weight on him, making it easier to move about faster. He had a good way to defend himself with his fire powers as well, forcing opponents to stay at bay unless they also wanted to catch on flame while approaching him too close. Stretching his arms out a bit, the bat-like man would not in agreement. “Yeah, sounds like a good start. If we scout the area, maybe we’ll be able to catch our targets off guard and finish this fast.” It’d certainly be preferable over a long, drawn out battle, as that would be way riskier for them. Especially if there was a high amount of grave robbers present in the area.

Character Links:
    Neah Wolphrax
    Segodon
    Segodon

Character Sheet

Post by Segodon 25th August 2018, 11:54 am

“In a sense, I might be yes, but on the other hand a more accurate description might be, a cheater.” Haruyuki grinned, he liked to stay vague on the topic. It’s better that they have no clear image of what to expect for it never is as they think it is, which can break the illusion. Haruyuki’s eyes widened when he heard what Balthazar’s magic was about. “God Slayer… Did you say? Interesting, never before have I met one.” It seemed that Haruyuki was examining Balthazar once more thoroughly, “I have heard of them and read about them.” He shook his head up in down of approval, “This will be interesting.” I must take a close look at how he fight’s, who knows if I ever have to fight one or once more fight with one. Haruyuki usually studied his fighting companions quite closely. It wasn’t a strange thing that he would fight those with whom he had fought the year before, back in the days when he travelled through Midi his homelands.

Haruyuki shook his head approving when Balthazar agreed with him on the scouting part. Johann, his mentor and recruiter had not heeded his advice back when they met. Though Haruyuki had been a stowaway on his ship and might not have been the most trustworthy person at the time. There had certainly been no harm in following up on his idea’s back then. But Johann thought he could punish him by ignoring his advice and simple charge at the enemy’s fortress, Johann did slaughter the entire fort on his own with the exception of that one fool who died at the blade of Haruyuki. Haruyuki had after that didn’t felt like sharing his knowledge with those that neglect it, yet he stayed and now he was here. “Let’s go.”

“You know, it usually doesn’t happen that someone can sneak up on me like that. I surely ought to have heard something when you climbed the hill? How did you do that?” Asked Haruyuki in a while, he wondered if his companion was apt in stealth or if he was just to caught up in the scroll. If Balthazar was good at being silent he could scout for them, if he had been captivated by the scroll then he had spend to much time at a conferrable place then something had to change. “I myself can be reasonable at stealth but well, I travel with a loud follower.” He pointed at his limping leg, it was his great liability. Most of the noblemen did not believe he was of much use with such a leg, all were fools to Haruyuki. They were now close to the old walls of the city.

Wc:452/1378/6000

Segodon
    Theme:

Neah Wolphrax
    Neah Wolphrax

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Neah Wolphrax 26th August 2018, 4:08 pm

Balthazar

Word Count: 487
    Total Word Count: 1406/6000
    Total Job Count: 2679/12000

The bat-like man would smirk faintly when the guy referenced his abilities with cheating. “Sounds like a great skill to have. Just don’t cheat me out of the reward. That’d suck, you know?” Not that he was seriously suspicious or anything, his statement more of a joke than anything else, although he would find it pretty annoying in case someone actually went out of their way to pull such a trick on him. He wasn’t a big fan of people who used sleazy tactics like that to get their hands on extras. There were always better options when it came to earning a good payout. Balthazar would scratch the back of his head sheepishly with a chuckle. “Yeah, can’t say I’ve really met much of others like me either. Then again, I don’t go ‘round asking random people about their magical powers just for fun.” While he’d certainly be curious, it’d be a little rude to waltz up to people at random and demand them to tell something like that. Usually. “But yeah, I hope it’ll be. Wouldn’t wanna be bored after coming all this way to get this job done.” As long as it didn’t pose a big danger on their lives of course. He had no interest in being taken down by a bunch of nasty grave robbers.

“Onwards we go.”, he’d nod, so far in a good mood about this. Hopefully it’d remain that way as they progressed as well. “Huh…? Oh, nah, climbing’s not really a big forte of mine actually. It’s probably cause I flew over. I wouldn’t be much of a part bat if I couldn’t fly at all, would I?”, he’d answer the inquiry, his tone mildly amused. Yeah well, he was capable of climbing and all, but he wasn’t sure whether he’d be able to do it as stealthily as to not make his presence known at all. Rocky areas were tricky, with even a single small stone being able to make a chunk of noise. Plus, hiking’s not something he did often anyway. Perhaps he should add that to exercises to dabble into. Sounded potentially useful now that it was being mentioned in that manner. “Hmm…”, he’d scratch his cheek in thought. “Well, we can always hope they’d be too absorbed in their own business to hear you. As for me…I guess I could scout some through the air if necessary. Might be the quickest way to locate them without coming into view way too much. It’d probably be a tough game on the ground, unless we can blend in with the rocks somehow….”, he’d muse aloud as they continued to walk through the area. To be fair though, they could also be lucky and look up to see him if he chose to fly above the area, so no option was entirely foolproof. But hey, can’t expect things to be handed over on a silver platter, eh?

Character Links:
    Neah Wolphrax
    Segodon
    Segodon

Character Sheet

Post by Segodon 2nd September 2018, 5:38 am

Haruyuki laughed, “Don’t worry about that, my warrior code forbids it.” Unless I would have been here as a shinobi, was his thought. “Yes, it would be a bit odd,” Confessed Haruyuki, “but I do ask all with whom I do a job or contract. It is good to know what you can expect from the others and build a strategy on that.”

Haruyuki stopped walking and stared with big eyes at Balthazar, “You flew?” So, he is a part bat? He shook his head, “Very interesting.” He walked onwards, with new food for his thoughts. “Hope you say? Never hope in war or battle. You must either know what the enemy is doing or make them do what you want them to do. Do not mistake it for expecting to know what your enemy will do. I know a tale of a general who had two possible provinces to attack, he made the enemy believe he would attack the most logical province and expected that they would strengthen it, yet he would strike the other province. His deception worked, but the enemy had left the province to strengthen the true target out of fear for a fight.” He got carried off as usual, but a bit of teaching was never wrong. “Flying would be great, one rarely looks up the trees for an opponent and that would even be truer for the sky.” The wall in front of them had crumbled down and they could climb over it easily. “I expect the tombs to be located in the citadel, the fortified core. It's built against the mountain at the back of the city. If that is true, then they should have their camp within those walls. You should look, sentries, their numbers and any other useful information such as weaponry or routes of attack. I’ll be waiting in that tall building.” He pointed at the three-story-tall building, the tallest around. He hoped to have some view there.

WC: 337/1715/6000

Segodon
    Theme:

Neah Wolphrax
    Neah Wolphrax

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Neah Wolphrax 3rd September 2018, 7:08 am

Balthazar

Word Count: 488
    Total Word Count: 1894/6000
    Total Job Count: 3504/12000

“Good, cause rude people are a pain in the ass.” Balthazar would chuckle faintly before nodding at the idea of asking job companions about their magic. “I mean, yeah, it’s obviously useful to know when fighting alongside someone. That’s one of the times when it’s natural to ask at least to an extent.” Even if you didn’t want to reveal details, the person would see what you could do quite clearly if and once a battle broke out during the mission anyway. So in the end, it’d be rather tough to hide one’s skills while taking on any tougher jobs with other mages.

“Yeah, I figured it’d be the easiest and fastest way for me to get here. Climbing can take hella time. Public transport too.” Of course, he’d use those methods when necessary, but if he could shirk some of that without any real consequence, why not, right? Flying was good for scoping out the land as well. The bat-like man would shrug vaguely. “Eeeh, I mean we are within potential enemy territory. For all we know, we could be being secretly observed even right now. Hope doesn’t solve anything no, but I’d rather do that than wish an ambush on us. It’s just a saying, you know?” He wasn’t dumb enough to think wishing for something to happen would simply make it so by itself, but there was no point in making it all about gloom doom either, especially when there was no proof of the situation being positive or negative just yet. It could turn out to be any way in time, and he’d rather think about silver linings in terms of just pure speculations.

In any case, it would seem that their initial mode of operations was decided for now, so Balthazar would flash his companion a peace sign. “Alright, I’ll try to be back in a jiffy. Would suck if they went on a patrol and spotted us first after all.” That would kill any scouting preparations real quick, no lie. With that said, he’d take to the sky once again, carefully gliding over around the mountain in search of any signs of entrance or their enemy. It’d take him a while to make rounds while making sure to not draw any attention, but he would eventually get back, stopping to float in the air by the building. “Kinda looks like we’ll have to go out on a limb slightly. I did find an entrance on the west side of the mountain, but there were two guys with swords standing on guard by it, so I couldn’t get further to check on the situation inside. Didn’t want to risk getting in a fight with them carelessly.”, he’d relay what he found, a contemplative tone in his voice. The majority of them were probably inside, doing their own search for treasure…so guess they’d have to prepare to storm ambush them or something like that.

Character Links:
    Neah Wolphrax

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 4:20 pm