Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Day of Reckoning

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Infinite Arcana
    Second Magic: Vox Universum
    Third Magic: Disciple of War

The Day of Reckoning Empty The Day of Reckoning

Post by Shen Kadokawa 6th July 2018, 11:32 am

OOC info:

Johann was staring at the slowly rising sun filling the horizon above in a mesmerizing orange, the flaming light reflecting off the calmly flowing tides. Sitting on the docks near the sea, the fresh ocean breeze ran over his skin. Johann, within the time he had spent with the West Fiore Trading Company, had travelled many corners of Earthland quite a bit, but there was nothing quite resembling the sea breeze around Tolgalen anywhere. He wouldn't give it up for anything. But he also wasn't sure if he could stay here, if he could remain with that he considered his family, lest he could lose control again and hurt anybody. It had been a few days now since the VPs and the CEO had returned from their mission to the Silent Glaciers where Johann had a ... rather close encounter with the entity inside him, a being, sentient, more than that even, intelligent, controlling and lusting to break free ... or take his body like it had done when Vés nearly killed him, it's superior, incredible magical abilities simply overpowering Johann, changing his form into something inherently dark in nature. Johann wasn't quite sure as of yet what exactly this ... thing inside him was, but he would find out soon enough, focus all his efforts into discerning its true essence and, depending on the results he got, would take immediate and appropriate action. He just hoped, prayed, begged the powers that be that something could be done about this - ... about this curse, this abomination. Seemingly, that much the old man figured out, not like it was hard to miss, the thing was somehow connected to his runes, the runes on his body acting strangely ever since the day in the Silent Glaciers. Consequently, one side of his face was covered in lines of strange, black scripture that was normally limited to the left side of his body and its lower part only unless he tapped into the ultimate potential of his rune magic, and even then it was only temporary ... and these runes had been there for days.

Johann sighed. "Artorias. I know you're there. And I know you know, so please, come out", an oversized falcon slowly stepping out from behind a stack of crates as he shifted, his form changing into that of a human being, wearing a white company suit and a company pin on his chest "You shouldn't spend your nights wandering around, my lord. I know you don't sleep like others, but ... you need rest". Johann didn't move nor turn his gaze to the man who was now standing behind him. "How many times Artorias. Please ... I am no lord, nor do I want to be. And no, I don't need rest, my friend, what I crave most right now is answers", The magical beast in human form looking like he wanted to open his mouth once more, but deciding against it, knowing the answer he would get from the man who had released him from the amulet and given him purpose anew. "I understand, just ... I'm worried, my lord", Johann almost looking like he was ready to sigh once more "Yes, Artorias ... so am I". The sun now more or less fully risen, hanging in the sky, Johann stood up, one last look of his wandering over the waves that gently crashed against the shores before he turned around, putting one of his hands on the shoulder of his companion and giving him a nod "Let's go, Artorias. We have a mission to accomplish", the other man nodding back "Of course, my lord", turning for the HQ and an early breakfast that would potentially be his last with the West Fiore Trading Company.

After both he and Artorias had had a sizeable breakfast, Johann was glad that the head chef was on his feet again, they made their way back into the guildhall, greeting Alisha with the usual friendly wave, though not encountering anyone else in the guild hall, understandable for this time of day. There wouldn't be too much business going on, though the old man figured that Ruvel was probably awake already, deciding against bothering the youth and heading, instead, to his office, walking up the intricate stairs that led to the smaller, but still sizeable, mahogany door to the room where he did most of his guild work. The door opened with a slight creaking sound as Johann unlocked it, the barely lit room behind smelling of ink, paper and dust. He hadn't been in here in the last few days, his mind not ready for any sort of paperwork, and his desk looked the part, three equally intimidating stacks of paper neatly placed right beside each other. If it all went smoothly he would do his share of the work later, and maybe ask Artorias for a little help, and if they wouldn't ... well, there would be no more need for him to do any paperwork in that case. His undivided attention, however, did not rest on the paperwork, instead shifting to the small chest in the other corner of the room, walking over before crouching down and unlocking it. Opening it up Johann grabbed his various pieces of equipment, mainly his gloves and his amulet before closing it, not even bothering to lock it again. There was nothing of value in there anymore, anyway. Heading back over to the falcon, who was waiting at the door, he was putting on his gloves, almost ready to leave the office again when, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed something unusual. An envelope. A black one at that. Johann stopped in his tracks, staring at the coloured paper, his eyes going wide.

"No way ...", the old man quietly whispered to himself, with slow steps making his way over to his desk, the perplexed Artorias giving him a look of confusion and curiosity, Johann swiftly opening the letter addressed to him directly

"Mr. von Weiss, I've found a clue to the whereabouts of group calling itself "Blood Seal" as per the conditions of our contract. One of my employees encountered someone with the mark you described to me, the party in question claiming to "acquire supplies" for an operation on Shadow Island, vehemently demanding a discount on wares or "bad things would happen" until driven away by local authorities. I hope this will help you out in your "private endeavour". I wish you good health and us both the fruitful cooperation of our organisations for the future.
    - Glass"

Johann's hands started to tremble, the piece of paper falling to the ground, Johann not bothering to give it a second thought. "Finally ... After all those years" he muttered under his breath, his wide eyes and shocked face slowly turning over to Artorias "Change of plans, my friend, we're going to Shadow Island" before hastily making his way to the door, leaving everything behind untouched as Artorias scrambled to keep up with the sudden change of pace, running after his master.

--------------------------------------------
    Exam Word Count: 1.182
    Exam Word Count Total: 1.182 / 3.000

Last edited by Johann on 18th October 2018, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Kohl's Plague
    Guild : Luminous Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 960,162

The Day of Reckoning Empty Re: The Day of Reckoning

Post by Zincarla 7th July 2018, 1:51 pm

Yona Hisamori had adopted a reclusive and softer nature the past few days. After meeting her brother she had little desire to meet or speak with anyone for a bit, digesting and trying to understand just what happened and what did it mean for her. She had woken up early to go walk by the shore, breathing in the salty air and enjoying the peace that came with the dawn. Yona wasn't a morning person usually, but she hadn't slept well and eventually had ended up back outside. There was no need to dress as a guild mage today, not for a walk outdoors or through the market. And so, Yona wore black stockings with cutouts along the sides of her thighs, a loose flowing navy mini skirt, and flat sturdy black boots. Good for movement and for running if she needed to. Her top was likewise plain and simple: bandage like wraps around her chest and a short-sleeved hoodie in a medium shade of blue. She paced around all morning, buying a pastry and munching on it absently until the market really started picking up its daily busy routine.

Yona had a lot on her mind, the least of which was wondering about her mentor. Still, she had not seen or heard from him. The green haired woman had finished her petit breakfast and was twirling her shortened green hair around her index finger as she considered it. The woman doubted he had left or that he had died, which was positive news. However, it was becoming more apparent to her that perhaps he was avoiding her. And for what other reason than either he felt guilty, or that he had felt nothing at all and simply didn't want to work with her anymore. How she hoped that wasn't the case, not when she needed him most now. She had to build on her inner strength, focus her emotions into a powerful drive, and seek out a meaning for her life past simple revenge. Yona didn't even know if such a thing was possible. She climbed the stairs into the guild head quarters and opened the door. She shook her head suddenly, thinking to herself. "No, I am not going to let him ditch me or ignore me. He needs to face me and he needs to do it today. Now. No more making me wonder and fret and pace around at dawn. I need to see if he is okay and I need to know where he's been this whole week or so."

The young woman walked right up to his office door and she could hear movement inside. In sudden nervousness, she paused with one fist up, ready to knock, listening to Johann's voice as he declared that he and his friend were leaving to go to a place called Shadow Island. She pulled her arm down and crossed it over her chest. He was fine? He was traveling somewhere? He hadn't even tried to contact her since trying to kill her and instead he was just going about his day-to-day life? Did he not care or think of her at all? This whole time she was so worried for him.. Yona pursed her lips and stood there solidly in the way of his door, hearing the footsteps of a hastily moving Johann moving forward. "No," She thought again, "He will face me now." As soon as the door opened up, the short haired plant mage would look up at his face, gazing deadpan into his eyes and say, "You're taking me with you to Shadow Island." Unable to help herself, still, her green eyes flicked over him, checking to see if he was indeed in good condition.

WC: 621

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Day of Reckoning Imageedit-3-2741721522

Zin's Color: color = #ff66cc
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 8th July 2018, 4:48 am

Johann swung open the door, stopping just as quick as he had picked up pace as he almost quite literally ran into his mentee, Yona Hisamori, who was standing right in front of his office door, cross armed and stern look on her face. Exactly what he couldn't use right now. Johann knew he owed her, he owed her an explanation, an apology, just a little attention in general. Its not like he had been purposefully avoiding her ... well, he had been, but he had been purposefully avoiding anyone after the whole incident in the Silent Glacier for two reasons: Firstly, he had been turned back into a kid and that effect hadn't gone away for a few days. He was simply too embarrassed to run around as his 10 year old self where the other Vice Presidents and the CEO seemed to have no problem with that at all. Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, he felt guilty. Guilty that he had done something to Yona that couldn't be excused. You're supposed to protect your guildmates, not hurt them. after all, and especially the old man, who had lost enough people for more than a lifetime wouldn't be able to bear the weight of his actions. Johann was afraid, afraid of the thing inside him, afraid that he could lose control like he had done twice already and hurt his friends, hurt his family, something that he couldn't tolerate. He had decided to leave the Company temporarily to try and find out more about this thing locked away inside him, deciding to head back home first, however painful it may be, but the note, of course, had turned this plan around entirely, the prospect of vengeance blurring out all else. Anyway, Johann wasn't too fond of the idea of having a chat right now, but he couldn't just push past the girl and go on with his plans, the least he could do was give her an explanation. Sighing, the old man stepped away from the doorway before gesturing for Yona to come in and closing the door behind them, this time however making sure that nobody could eavesdrop like the green haired girl had just done, his hand placed flat on the door leaving behind a glowing, purple rune that would muffle all sounds coming from within the office. What he had to say wasn't meant for anyone's ears but theirs.

Pointing her to he leather couch, Johann begrudgingly took a seat across the small table in the old, comfortable armchair. "So, I suppose first off I owe you an apology, Hisamori. I am very sorry about what happened in that forest, and I regret ever dragging you there. I guess ... we all learned a lesson that day" Johann stared down on his folded hands, avoiding looking in the his mentee's eyes, a feeling of guilt still ever present as he reminisced the "punishment" and how Cirven had ended up digging through his mind and past, ripping open wounds that still weren't quite healed. "I also apologize for not talking to you sooner. I was out on a mission to the Silent Glaciers with Sol, Ruvel and Cirven, the unexpected consequences of which you have no doubt witnessed." Johann knew from Ruvel that the two had sparred against each other, the now younger Ruvel being the last of the VPs to convince himself of Yona's ability to fight for her right to be a member of their big, odd family. "And yes, as you have so perceptively found out, I was just about to leave for Shadow Island, possibly to never return. And before you say anything else" Johann raised his head, his eyes meeting those of Yona "I will not take you with me. No way.", raising a hand to stop any back talk immediately "This is not only way out of your league, Yona, you could get hurt, killed, or worse, this is also not official West Fiore Trading Company business at all. It is a personal matter of mine and, partially, also Artorias'.", the falcon standing behind the armchair, eyeing Yona with untrusting eyes. He couldn't get the girl into a dangerous situation again, not if it involved tying up the loose ends of his past and dragging her into an affair that was only business of the von Weiss family. As far as Artorias was concerned, he didn't trust the mentee one bit, hearing the story of her escapades within the guild and subsequently declaring her a bad influence for his master, with perhaps a suppressed portion of jealousy and overprotectiveness thrown into the mix as well.

Johann, however, was certain this wouldn't be enough to deter Yona at all, and so, gathered together his already wildly out of control thoughts racing through his head and opened his mouth "Do you know of my past, Yona ? Have I ever told you what happened to me ? To my family ?", asking with a deep, underlying sadness in his voice.

Exam Word Count: 838
    Exam Word Count Total: 2.020 / 3.000

Last edited by Johann on 18th October 2018, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Neutral Guild Ace- S-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Post by Zincarla 8th July 2018, 5:08 pm

Yona looked to the face of her mentor and knew at once, whatever it was in his mind, it was serious. She closed her mouth and entered his office. When he placed a glowing purple rune on the door, it was again that the young woman realized this was extraordinarily serious. Johann was treating her not just as a mentor, a guild member, but a trusted part of his family. Yona could feel and see it and felt quite honored at being taken into his office for a private conversation. She took a seat on his couch, but sat on the edge, focused on his words and eager for his attention.

He apologized for the day in the forest, though didn't explain much of the unexplainable things that happened. Yona wanted to know what it was that really happened, where that frightening murderous voice had come from, and she wanted to know if he was okay. It sounded like he did indeed avoid her for a time, but she instantly forgave him. It was strange to be fair, but Yona was so relieved to finally hear his voice and see his face that she couldn't work up energy to count the unfairness or the regrets of the situation at hand against him. Her green eyes gave him a compassionate look as she softly interjected, "I'm just glad you're okay."

The willow-haired woman touched her hair, recalling how it was burned off and how it felt to have both of her legs broken. She winced slightly at the memory, and quickly covered it up with a half-stretch before leaning back into the couch. As Johann told her he was going to Shadow Island and possibly never returning, Yona sat up at attention again, on the edge of the couch once more. Her eyes went wide when he lifted a hand and said that he refuses to take her. The old man justified it by showing how dangerous it was, so high above her in danger that he did not dare take her along, and worse that it was a personal matter. If it had nothing to do with the guild, Yona wondered just who was going to have his back, if not her. She looked over at the young male standing nearby, given the name Artorias with Johann's very brief introduction. That guy was going to be Johann's back up? She closed her mouth, having not realized that it was open and forced her face to relax, disguising the worry and the surprise. If it was really that dangerous, Johann was doing her a favor keeping her out of it, she tried to convince herself silently.

"Do you know of my past, Yona ? Have I ever told you what happened to me ? To my family ?" Her mentor asked her, and to that she lifted her head slightly. Yona could hear pain his voice and was afraid to ask him to clarify. This was not going to be a good story, she thought, rubbing her right arm absently. "No, Johann. I don't know those things about you," Yona admitted, realizing just then that maybe she didn't know that much at all about the old man. She put an awful lot of faith and respect in a guy she hardly knew the background of. "If it isn't too painful, I would like to learn."

WC: 564
    TWC: 1182

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 9th July 2018, 6:15 am

"It is painful, undoubtedly, ...", Johann spoke slowly, his voice reflecting the difficulties he had even talking about this topic ... because for some reason he never actually had to explain his past by putting it in words, it was always someone just bypassing that stage and looking straight into his head, "... but I feel like you need to know what you are dealing with here before taking any sort of rash decision. It's a long, long story, and if you really are willing to help, I owe you the background information, at least." A long, drawn out sigh was all that Johann could produce as he remembered the events that had taken place more than 30 years ago, and somehow, after all these years, started finding their way back to a man who had thought he had dealt with them for good. "I won't go into too much detail est I bore you to death with the story of my life, but I hope it will explain everything comprehensively so that if you still wish to come with me you will have a damn good reason to, and if you do not you will have something to remember, so that I will not be forgotten should I never return. This also involves you, Artorias. Do you mind at all ?" The falcon knight taking his glowing eyes off Yona, looking to his master as if he wanted to say something, but decided against it, simply shaking his head. "Very well", the old man lifted one finger, using it write a circle of runes on the table that started glowing in a clean, white colour before opening between them a small portal, the Vice President reaching into it to pull out a tea set. Within his own pocket dimension, he always had some supplies ready for situations just like this one, pouring Yona, Artorias, who now took a seat on the other side of the couch, and himself a cup of steaming hot tea. Magic truly was something convenient.

"Where do I start ?" the old man took a sip from his tea, staring into the brownish liquid inside his cup as strings of steam rose from it "You know that I was born into nobility ? It's not like I empathize that fact at all, but it's also not a secret, so let me introduce myself: Johann Frederick von Weiss, 13th Baron of the Amber Island, Head of the 3rd noble family of Minstrel, Marquis of the Westlands and Lord of the Azure Sea. A title I wholeheartedly, utterly despise." The old man sat up, a glare in his eyes as he thought about what his name had brought him. "The von Weiss family used to be close to the royal family of Minstrel, but that was centuries ago. My family had grown tired of the schemes and intrigues of court life and moved to a remote location long before my birth, Amber Island, far away from the troubles of Minstrel for the peace and quiet of a simpler life. A place I called home for the majority of my youth. Raised by my parents and somewhat secluded from the outside world, apart from the occasional visit to the mainland or visitors from Minstrel, I grew up sheltered, I suppose, but I was happy. I had friends, I had my family." Johann paused, taking another sip of the now lukewarm tea "Still, I longed for that which I didn't have, adventure, fascinated by the prospect of a nearly endless world of magic and discoveries just waiting for me. I was foolish, and little did we, I know that the world would soon come to us. I was in my teens, a warm summer day in July, my father and I had been training with the sword, as we had done every day. I remember I confessed to my father I wanted to join a guild ... and naturally that didn't go so well, so I ran away and didn't come out until later that day. Johann gave a half smirk, his glassy eyes staring at the tea cup in his hands. It hadn't been too long since he had gotten to relive that memory in excruciatingly accurate detail thanks to Ruvel's twins. "That was when I heard the distant screams and saw the orange glow on the horizon. The village had been set aflame, everyone I had ever known rounded up in the middle of the town square, I myself captured by the group of bandits and forced to witness the slaughter that followed." Johann's muscles tensed, his hands forming to cramped fists, the echo of those gunshots still ringing in his ears to this to this day.

"Don't ask me how I got out of there, because I can't remember what happened next. The next thing I know is I wake up on a boat, drifting near the shores of Minstrel, the only possessions I had left the clothes I was wearing, remembering only the groups guild symbol ... a twisted, blood red cross. Consequently, without money and guidance, I ended up roaming the streets of Minstrel for a long while ... something I would rather forget as you can imagine. If you're wealthy in Minstrel then you live in paradise, but those who have nothing ... they are treated like dirt. Eventually, after a lot of work and travels I ended up here with the West Fiore Trading Company ... which has given me the opportunity to pursue this matter successfully, not least due to my position, and I have since had two encounters with this bandit guild that calls itself "Blood Seal", one that brought me to Artorias who had been locked away in an amulet for ... decades, if not centuries, and has been a great help to me in trying to piece together all parts of this puzzle. For years I believed that we had just been an easy target, lot to gain with little effort, but I was proven wrong by more recent events. Firstly, you, like me, have had the pleasure to find out that there is something ... inside of me, something dark, something ancient. What it is I cannot tell you for neither I nor Artorias know ourselves, but we hope that this venture to Shadow Island will provide the answers I so desire. Secondly, we have found out that Blood Seal is not but a small group of opportunist bandits, but is a sophisticated organisation, a dark guild, if you will, in search of old, old powers beyond our grasp. Why exactly they targeted the von Weiss family ? I have no idea, but it is undoubtedly connected to the runes and this ... thing, whatever it may be." Johann pausing shortly once more as he emptied the rest of his tea and placed the cup back on the table "Sorry for this tirade, but I hope you understand now that this is something beyond us mere mortals. We have stumbled into a dangerous situation that presents me with the opportunity for personal vendetta, an opportunity I have desired for so, so very long, but I am most intent on seizing it, no matter the cost. If you're fine with getting yourself killed, and there is a real chance that we all will perish, then do as you please, you're an adult, and I will not hold you back. You don't need anyone's permission for things that aren't connected to the Company ... still, though, I am worried for you and I want you to know that I think this is too dangerous for you. The choice lies with you, Yona.", Johann hit with the sudden realization that there was a real chance that the green haired girl would accept and accompany the two men on this journey, and that he would have to bring up another topic with her should she do so ... the other, much darker side of his family. Onyx Moon.

Exam Word Count: 980
    Exam Word Count Total: 3.000 / 3.000 ( Exam WC met, Job WC starts)

Job Word Count: 358
    Total Job Word Count: 358 / 8.000

Last edited by Johann on 10th March 2019, 7:21 am; edited 4 times in total

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 9th July 2018, 7:52 am

Images of fire were also burned into her own mind, Johann's story and his advice forming connections to her in deep ways that Yona did not know were possible. She felt her face heating up, turning red from a mix of emotions that she was holding back. Her eyes glazed over for a moment as they threatened to break out tears on his behalf. Yona would have done anything in that moment to ease her mentor's obvious pain. When he mentioned the bandit group called 'The Blood Seal' it was as if she had written the name of that group on her own personal hit list, whether or not it was her right to feel so hurt, she did. She spared a green eyed glance at Artorias, imagining him trapped and sealed away for tens or thousands of years. It didn't make any real difference, time wise, but the cruelty of it was still the same. Her look towards the attractive, mysterious male changed from doubt and low level jealousy to profound respect for his loyalty and his ability to endure.

"It certainly does sound dangerous," Yona finally replied in a soft voice. It looked for a moment like she might concede, until the plant mage continued on. "It sounds too dangerous for you and Artorias to be going on your own." The way Johann had somehow gone from refusing outright to take her along, to suggesting she was her own adult person and could decide was a bit of a mixed message from the old man. She doubted his head was on right or that his vision was clear right now. She doubted with his involvement that his friend was much better. She might have been young and inexperienced, but Yona had seen and knew that Johann would die for her. That's what family did, family supported you regardless of how dumb you acted or how inexperienced you were. Yona didn't have friends or family, not for many years now. And in this guild, with Johann, she had slowly carved out a niche. These people were her family too, now. These people were worth protecting and they were worth supporting and they were worth dying for. "I'm coming with you. Whether or not I am strong enough to survive, I've got your back and I will find a way to make a difference. At the very least, shihan," She lifted her head and smiled, "You know I have some unbridled rage that I can use to bring more than a few of these bastards down with me."

Yona felt barely confident, understanding in full the situation at hand. Yet, the plant mage was unafraid: she had faced Johann, and his monster. These people might have the answer for that thing inside of him, and understanding that creature would be the first major step towards protecting both Johann and her guild. Yona could not spare the time or space for feeling fear as she made her decision. This was for her family, and Johann had taught her if anything, that family was more important than anything else, even her own life.

WC: 521
    TWC: 1703

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 9th July 2018, 9:20 am

Johann felt guilty. His own desire, his wish to take Yona with him to Shadow Island had gotten the better of him and, against his better judgement, had pushed him to allow her to do what she wanted ... and lo and behold, the girl proclaimed that she wanted to accompany them. Truth be told, the old man was scared. Scared of facing that which had destroyed his entire life, his future in just one day, and perhaps, subconsciously, he had longed to take Yona with him, someone from the guild he trusted like he trusted Artorias, like he trusted family. He immediately started regretting his decision still, but he had already extended the offer in the hopes she would decline and couldn't really take it back now. "Well, I guess that's it then. Do you really want to come ? Last chance to stay here.", he sighed out as he stood up. The girl wouldn't back out of this, he had talked himself into a corner. "Fine", he thought, there was no good reason to not do it and they had to go in there masked anyway in case anyone saw them at all, so Johann had decided to introduce Yona to the other side of the family, metaphorically speaking, of course.

"If that is the case, we gotta go and get ready for battle, we're going to Shadow Island." walking over to the door and removing the rune by ripping it from the door with a single sweep, the magical effect starting to blur away and things returning back to normal, "Before we head out though, there is one more thing. To get you ready for this there is something I have to show to you.", with that he turned to head to the magical apparatus that served not just as an elevator to move around the different stories of the West Fiore Trading Company HQ building, but also served as a way to the secret entrance to "The Siren's Song", the guild's bar deep underground which ultimately served as the entrance from the HQ into the lair. Stepping into the elevator, making room for both Artorias and Yona, Johann raised his left arm as the door closed, the guild mark of Onyx Moon shining from the back of his hand in a deep, royal purple, the elevator, instead of going up as it normally did, sinking deeper and deeper, opening up a short trip later to reveal a dark, dimly lit hallway behind, 2 heavily armed guards and a door at its end. Johann stepped out of the elevator, Artorias staying behind his mentee as they made their way through the hallway towards the door. A short salute from Johann the guards answered in the same way, Johann simply saying "It's her time" as he, once again raised his left arm, the normally invisible guild mark of Onyx Moon lighting up briefly on his left hand, the door swinging open for them to enter. Behind the door was the actual, currently empty bar area, Johann quickly stepping in and pulling the others in behind before closing the door that automatically, magically sealed itself. "So ... welcome to the Siren's Song, the bar of the Onyx Moon Guild" Johann going over to a shelf before pulling out a bottle, grabbing a glass from under the counter and pouring himself some crimson liquid "Any Questions ? Want a drink ?"

Job Word Count: 571
    Total Job Word Count: 929 / 8.000

Last edited by Johann on 10th March 2019, 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 9th July 2018, 10:21 am

The green haired girl smoothed her navy miniskirt down over her leggings and then got to her feet while Johann got to his. "You know you aren't going to leave me behind." She spoke lightly, hearing his sigh and not saying more on the matter. From feeling concern, pacing by the shore, considering the time she had spent with her little brother, it was all of this that made a difference in her mood. But Johann needed her, even if he wouldn't say so. And she wanted to help and would not back down. When he removed the rune from the door and spoke of preparing for battle, she felt a chill inside. Usually, fighting came by accident, or through a dangerous job. In this case, she was going to have the chance to prepare it seemed. Still, what was there to do? All of her magic was inside of her!

"Something to show me?" Yona prompted, following her mentor into the guild elevator. Well, this was an odd beginning to an epic death battle. The elevator started to drop and she looked up at him in surprise, seeing a strange mark on the back of his hand, one she had somehow never noticed before. When the elevator stopped, Yona spared a look at the Artorias and then followed Johann out. "Where are we?" She whispered in the dark hallway. Spotting the two guards, Yona tensed and after a moment she again relaxed. She had been in the elevator a million times and never had it gone this far down below the trading company. When Johann opened another door, Yona followed him without hesitation, not wanting to be left in a dark hall with those guards.

"Onyx Moon guild? I thought we were the WFTC?" She looked around the bar, starting to get excited. "Is all of this underneath the WFTC? The whole time?" She couldn't stop a grin from appearing on her face. They were about to walk into incredible danger and yet the prospect of enjoying a drink with her mentor in a hidden guild's bar was like finding a barrel of gold hidden under the sand by the docks outside. Only even more amazing and even more fascinating. "Yeah, I need some spiced rum to go with the story that comes with all this! Are you in... both?" She tilted her head and then hurried to sit on a stool at the bar. "Is that allowed? Do the other VPs know about this place? Oh, if Cirven knew.. he really would kill you!"

WC: 426
    TWC: 2129

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 9th July 2018, 11:26 am

"First things first then" Johann replied to Yona's questions, turning around, looking over the available drinks for a second before his hand went to a bottle of exquisite, spiced rum, leaning down to grab two shot glasses, placing them on the counter before starting to fill both to the brim with the fresh, amber coloured liquid. With a "Cheers" the old man downed it on one go, earning him a bit of an annoyed glare from Artorias. "So, where do I even start on this one", Johann grabbed the small glass of wine he had poured himself, taking a sip "This has been here the whole time, yes, though the Lair is exclusive to members of Onyx Moon. The West Fiore Trading Company and Onyx Moon are, well, essentially two sides of the same coin. Not everyone from the Company is in Onyx Moon though, that is a privilege to be earned. As for what Onyx Moon is ... well, we are mercenaries in principle, although some people, like the Magic Council, would insult us by calling us a dark guild. This is far from the truth, however. Onyx Moon is a group of masked vigilantes that simply try to make the world a better place ... for the right price. Don't be mistaken, though, the West Fiore Trading Company and Onyx Moon are, though connected in a way, two separate entities, and while it is true that Onyx Moon isn't as ... morally pure as the Company we know what we do is right and just. Sometimes you just have to take the law into your own hands, if you know what I mean." The old man grinned to himself, placing the empty wine glass beside him on the bar.

Laughing a bit at Yona's next questions, he turned around to look for something else to drink, grabbing a bottle of fancy looking whiskey before filling two glasses with ice, pouring the two a glass, looking over to Artorias who seemed to disapprove strongly "Want a glass too, Artorias ?", the Keeper of Onyx Moon asked the falcon knight, "I'll pass" the only response he'd get out of the other, Johann simply shrugging, passing the glass over to Yona. He decided to have a little fun. Sarcastically, with a bit of playfulness and probably a little influenced by the drinks, he began answering the girls questions, swinging around the glass of whiskey for a dramatic effect while taking the occasional mouthful of alcohol. "No, probably not. This is my own personal clubhouse. Sol, Ruvel and Cirven have no idea and the boss would probably kill me if he found out, that's why I have the place guarded", Johann giving the girl a wink. "Let's be real though, Cirven is the guildmaster of Onyx Moon, always has been since I joined. The other VPs are Aces of Onyx Moon, myself included. Oh, and also, this place isn't even all. The Lair is bigger than the Siren's Song, though it is most members favourite place to hang around for ... obvious reasons" he emptied the rest of his drink with another large swing. "So, got more questions ? Or want another drink ?"

Job Word Count: 532
    Total Job Word Count: 1.461 / 8.000

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 9th July 2018, 11:48 am

Yona took the shot glass of spiced rum gingerly, but seeing Johann down it in one gulp she let out a laugh and downed it herself. It burned her throat pleasantly, a most smooth taste. She licked her lips and closed her eyes, "Phew, that was good." And then she let the older man go on about what the place was. Onyx Moon, a secret hidden guild, beneath the white uniformed heavily ruled-- well that explained a lot. She gave a little pout then, "So you are all about the rules on the flip side, but down here? That explains why you all are so serious and calm all the time. You have a hideout where you can really let loose! Please, tell me you don't wear white too," Yona asked wrinkling her nose and taking the glass of poured whiskey. She hated whiskey, but turning down a drink in the private lair, in a secret guild, with her mentor? Not a chance in hell.

As Johann started joking about how the place was his personal clubhouse, Yona felt herself relax again with another laugh. "Were you always this funny, that is my first question." She put the glass to her lips and drank from the top, feeling a buzzy feeling inside of her head. "So all of you have a secret non-law abiding dark side. And.. does this mean I get to be one of you? I get to be a vigilante? Well, at least--" She interrupted her final thought of 'at least for one day before I probably die' with a thick swallow of whiskey. She made a face. "Damn, Johann, I've had my share of drinks but if you're going to off me with liquor at least give me something a bit more sweet!" Yona considered all of the implications of this hidden guild and added with another tentative gulp of whiskey, "So... this means I can't tell anyone about this place? Not even Key or Ada? How do you know who is in the Onyx Moon half if you can't tell anyone?" This was the sort of powerful information that simply could not get out.

She sat there quiet a moment, content, pondering over the images in her mind. A dark Johann, she could see it. He was impressive in a fight to say the least. Ruvel might look like a sweet young lass but Yona knew from experience that if necessary Ruvel could end most people in seconds. She tried to imagine a dark Sol and that was fairly easy too, what with his reaction to her playing a joke and borrowing his kiseru. The image of Cirven was most amusing. Sure, he could joke and he could be serious, he was powerful and a trustworthy leader no doubt. But when she thought of a dark guild, she just couldn't place Cirven's face on it. She imagined him laughing maniacally and holding weapons dripping in blood and Yona couldn't help but let out a small laugh. She wondered if she had a dark, unleashed side too.

WC: 511
    TWC: 2640

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 9th July 2018, 12:47 pm

"Not a fan of whiskey, eh ? That's fine" Johann responded to the face Yona made as her lips touched the alcoholic liquid "We have pretty much everything down here, so just let me know what you'd like". Every time the VP changed into his Onyx Moon persona, especially down here, he was a lot more relaxed, a lot more himself, it was a conscious decision that some of the OM members took to separate the two sides from each other. In any case, Wolf, Johann's Onyx Moon persona, was noticeably different from his everyday company self, very much informal, while Cirven for example was just ... scary. Even Johann didn't really understand the enigmatic Cirven too well, but as far as he knew the GM was probably lurking in the shadows somewhere, perhaps there was even a realistic chance he was watching them. "Yeah, pretty much.", the old man smirked, continuing "No, around here we all have to wear blue with orange stripes, hope that isn't too much of an inconvenience for you". Johann quietly giggled to himself "No, really, you can wear anything you like in Onyx Moon. The only thing we require is a mask of some kind, but that will be provided for every new member of the guild ... yourself included." Somewhat amused with Yona's reaction to the strong, brownish alcohol, Johann still enjoyed the taste of the Whiskey in his mouth. "They say your sense of taste changes when you get older, huh ? Maybe I'm just way too old for drinking with you ..." Johann's thoughts briefly going back to the things they had discussed before and their objective at hand, but snapping out of it a couple moments later "... but something sweet it is ! Alright then, one more to close things off ?" he asked, not even waiting for a response, one last time grabbing an unlabelled, dark bottle and two glasses before pouring the crimson liquid into their respective container.

In a little more serious tone Johann continued, trying to answer the girl's questions one by one, coming to the end of her little inquisition "Well ... that's a little complicated. You see, people can only be brought into Onyx Moon by the Guildmaster or a Keeper, that's the Aces. The rest of Onyx Moon is sworn to absolute secrecy because ... well, we kind of have a bounty on our heads. So preferably don't talk to anyone about Onyx Moon outside these halls or private situations, and only when you can be absolutely sure nobody else is listening. Key and Ada ... are not in Onyx Moon at this point. I decided to bring you here because I trust you, with my life if I have to, but I'm unsure about them. I simply don't know enough about them to judge that, but I'm sure that, if they prove their worth, they'll also be part of this side of the family. You'll see the people who are in this part of the guild around here ... usually. Doesn't seem to be much business going on here right now, though. Oh and Yona" Johann drank the last bit of his wine, this would be more than enough alcohol for now, he usually wasn't one for much drinking, anyway. "try to not spill the secret, alright ? That would be most unfortunate because I would see myself forced to do things I would much rather not", a passing moment of seriousness reflecting from Johann's eyes in a sudden, but brief change of expression.

"Anyway, let's get going, I have a guild mark and a mask waiting for you in the meeting room", the old man going around the counter and heading for a door on the other side of the bar on perhaps a little too light feet, Artorias trotting behind with small steps, Johann opening it with a bit of a swing to reveal the carved stone hallway behind. "Please, after you."

Job Word Count: 663
    Total Job Word Count: 2.124 / 8.000

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 9th July 2018, 1:05 pm

The green haired woman finished off the whiskey and took the glass of dark wine in its stead, quickly flushing her mouth clean with the dry fruity flavors of cherry and oak. Yona was carefully listening to his words about the secrecy and bestowing her with a level of trust not all of the other members yet had. Yona wouldn't dare spill such a secret of course, not after being so trusted. Though if the worst happened and someone drew it out of her by force, Yona hoped it would not be Johann who had to take care of the mess. She wouldn't want to see her mentor have to end her life, that would be very painful for him. She brightened, despite her thoughts, because her thoughts were about the future, about the vigilante adventures and about keeping this place a secret. If these were her thoughts, she mused to herself, then maybe she believed in a bit of hope. She thanked him gratefully and took another swig of the wine, loving Johann in this state of disclosure and humor.

"A mask and a mark for me?" Yona said, trying to hold in her excitement. The woman climbed off the stool and took her half glass of wine with her, going into the carved stone hallway. "You mentioned being sworn to secrecy, is there some sort of... rite of passage I have to go through?" Yona would move down the hallway, curiosity leading her forward without prompting or assurances by her mentor. The thrill of being in a secret place, her mind relaxed and put at ease with the drink and the company she was with, it all almost made her forget what she had signed up for. With a smile to herself she thought, this gives me something awfully grand to live for. The green haired woman looked over her shoulder, awaiting the expected answers and it crossed her mind that she ought to leave a message behind for her brother. Recently reunited, the thought of being torn from him was painful indeed, but Yona knew it was family first. Her brother didn't need her as much as Johann did today, and if she lost her life in this crazy and dangerous mission, well, Yona knew she would at least be remembered then as someone who supported a friend no matter the outcome.

WC: 395
    TWC: 3035

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 9th July 2018, 2:02 pm

Johann stepped through the doorway into the hallway behind, closing the door. From this corridor, doors were branching off left and right, all leading to their own little areas within the lair of Onyx Moon, though the three of them were heading for the large steel door at the end of the hallway, the passage lit by glowing light lacrima on the walls that gave this place a somewhat gloomy atmosphere. "Yeah, a mask for you. Your very own, personalized mask." Johann's voice bouncing off the stone walls. The whole place had been carved out of an existing cave system, making it look natural while at the same time giving it a definitively comfortable touch. "No, not really. I'll have to let the other higher ups know that I brought you in, but I don't think that will be much of an issue at all. You have my trust and I have theirs, that's what it means to be a family, right ?"

Waving his guild mark in front of the thick, steel door Johann opened the gate to the room that was normally reserved for guild meetings or discussions between the leaders of Onyx Moon, though he figured it would be a good place to initiate her into the guild. Closing the door behind the falcon it swung back into place, leaving the three of them in the sizable, concrete room, a single, round table in the middle, chairs encircling it on all sides. Swiftly walking over to another, wooden door Johann disappeared in another room briefly before coming back out with something in his hands, holding a plain, white mask. "So, this will be your very own, personal mask. Don't let the appearance fool you, though, once you put it on it changes into your desired shape and colour. You need only visualize it. The mask will change your outfit, voice and even scent, too, so as you can guess it's hard to find out someone's true identity with these. We do really need them, too ...", the old man thinking about all those times he had run into trouble while wearing the mask. "That only leaves the guild mark, then" Johann spoke and, after listening to the girl's preferences for location and colour, took her left hand, placing his own hand on its back, leaving behind a single, light grey rune that quickly started twitching and shifting on her skin, changing shape into the twisted guild mark of Onyx Moon before gradually losing its colour and fading away, becoming invisible. "Now that you have both your mark and your mask, allow me to congratulate you, Yona Hisamori. You are now officially part of our ranks, part of Onyx Moon." The old man couldn't help but be proud of his mentee. She had earned the trust and respect of all the Keepers and the GM in her own, unique little way, but it had paid off alas. Yona was now a part of the family. Her troubles would be the guilds troubles. Her enemies would be the guilds enemies. Here in Onyx Moon, everyone looked out for each other, and everyone was equal. "Now that that's out of the way ..." the Keeper of Onyx Moon went through one of the pockets on his white coat, pulling out his own mask before placing it on his head, the mask changing to a black gas mask in mere moments, his outfit shifting from its white silk to a dark, charcoal coloured leather, his gloves, his rapier, his hair all turning black, the guildmark of Onyx Moon flaring up in a deep, royal purple on the back of his left hand, his voice getting deeper as he changed into his Onyx Moon persona completely, becoming the White Wolf "... we have a dark guild to destroy."

Job Word Count: 636
    Total Job Word Count: 2.760 / 8.000

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 9th July 2018, 6:53 pm

Yona nodded some more and held out her hand, letting him place the invisible guild mark. She stared at the back of her left hand. It had taken months but she had earned trust from incredible, admirable people. She felt gifted with this secret and looked at the pale blank mask, a symbol for her life now, a chance at a blank slate. The green haired woman picked up head to watch as Johann transformed, placing his mask on and changing from the man she knew to a deep voiced, black haired, leather-wearing formidable Ace. His mask was a gas mask and she tilted her lips to the side as she considered her own apparel. It had to be something comfortable, something she would wear, and yet if it could be anything Yona had to make it something stunning to behold. "Thank you Johann," Yona answered, appreciating his warm welcome regardless of circumstances. Yona finished off her glass of wine and placed the glass down on the table. She spotted a few blank sheets of paper on the table and pen on the table, and just in case, she grabbed them and quickly scrawled out a note. She hoped Johann would not ask why. She placed the piece of paper, folded back up on the table, marking it for Sato. It would get where it needed to, if it needed to.

She straightened her back and placed her own mask over her face. Her vibrant green eyes turned silver, the mask a simple-looking form of copper which slid over her nose and her mouth, hiding an inner layer of filter. She daresay thought it was a prettier version of what Johann was wearing himself. Her shortened green hair lengthened again, forcing her to quickly tie it back behind her head in a long tail of dark, forest green. Not that the color mattered much as a dark stone blue hood appeared overlaying her hair next. In the same shade of blue-grey, her loose flowing pants were next, a pair of elbow-length fingerless gloves subsequently, and an ornate top that looked like a cross between bikini wear and blue-green leaves. Of course, she wore comfortable fitted ankle boots, she never seemed to wear anything else, but for sake of difference they were the color of smoke instead of her usual brown or white.

She looked herself over, impressed by the power of the mask. "Wow," She whispered amazed. Yona put her hands on her hips, feeling the fuzz of the wine and the titillation of the upcoming battle competing for control in her head. But Yona chose to remain in control, emotions were not going to ruin what drastically needed to be completed. For the first time in her life, she became Briar and left Yona and all Yona's emotional and life problems at home. Yona glanced at Artorias and gave him a small smile, but it was behind the mask so he probably couldn't tell. Then, she gave Johann a serious look, her voice changing to match that of her mother's, something silkier and more professional than her normal tone. "I'm right beside you, shihan."

WC: 525
    TWC: 3560

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 10th July 2018, 2:05 pm

Before the girl placed the mask on her head she took writing material from the central table, scribbling something of a note down. Johann didn't have to take a look to know what she was doing. For but a moment he debated with himself if he should perhaps do something similar, the prospect of a sudden, unexpected death bringing back the seriousness of the situation, the warm feeling in Johann's chest fading away a bit as he focussed. There was no room for mistakes or blunders, and he kind of understood why Artorias had seemed so annoyed with the other two having a few drinks, but it couldn't be helped now, anyway. Besides, who knew, maybe they would look back to this day as the beginning of something great, something to reminisce and laugh about in a few years time. Artorias now also placed his mask on his head, his white company suit turning into a deeply black hoodie of sorts, the intricately designed gas mask and the hood covering his now white hair partially.

Johann, also keeping his eyes on his mentee, witnessed her transformation. He was quite impressed with what the girl had come up with, fascinated time and time again by the magics of these masks that enabled them to run their little mercenary business in the first place. A feat of marvelous ingenuity, indeed. "So, what do I call you now, Hisamori ?" Johann grinned to himself under the cover of his mask, speaking with a rough and deeper voice. "Anything else you gotta say before we go ? Because you better do that now. I have a couple things" Johann raised one of his hands as around them, under their feet, a deeply purple, dark magic circle formed, strings of runic scripture on the outside. "I want you to look out for yourself. There's no need to die there if we can at all avoid it ... and please, for the love of all things holy and unholy, don't play hero. Either of you." he threw a quick glance over his shoulder to Hawk, Artorias' Onyx Moon persona "Alright then, everyone, I'll see you on the other side. And last but not least," the magical, runic circle flared up with the shadow fueled energy of darkness "no witnesses. No survivors. We'll make them suffer. Happy hunting" With that, the three of them momentarily blinked out of existence, exploding into stings of black and purple energy before reappearing somewhere between a rock formation, the entire atmosphere of this place being one of darkness, twilight and obscurity, the light of the sun barely managing to breach the clouds around this cold, dark place. Probably their best indicator that they had successfully made their way to their target destination: Shadow Island.

Job Word Count: 463
    Total Job Word Count: 3.223 / 8.000

Last edited by Johann on 10th March 2019, 7:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 10th July 2018, 6:41 pm

Yona made a sudden connection then between Johann's question, her mask and clothing, and the secret nature of the Onyx Moon guild. She couldn't very well be called Yona outside of this room, now could she? "Briar," Yona responded, a small smirk on her lips. "My father used to call me that when I was being a real pain in the--- hey wait," She perked up, "You never told me your name, either, shihan. Unless you want me to call you Johann out there?" Obviously the question was a joke and she was willing to wait for a real answer back. Whenever he gave his name, and his little speech, Yona gave him a single serious nod. "Don't die, don't save you," she rose a brow up at him over her silver eyes, "Any other unreasonable requests?" She understood why he said it, but of course the woman wasn't pleased to hear him say that the whole reason why she was going (to help him) was not worth putting her life at risk to literally save him if need be. Yona wasn't sure he would need saving anyway. "You don't be a hero, neither then." She was fine with the no witnesses and survivors part, as all those in the Blood Seal were clearly murderers or something as vile.

As the rune transported them across space and deposited them on Shadow Island, the familiar queasy feeling filled Yona's chest. She didn't much like teleporting with Johann, but could not complain if it was the fastest mode of travel. In light of avoiding small and easy talk, or any conversation at all, Yona pushed her mask onto her face, checking to be sure it was as secure as possible. It was dark on this island, the dim light reminded her of the purple sky, just a couple hours before dawn. Clouds in the sky indicated that there would be no guidance from stars or the moon, only their own eyes. Yona looked at Johann wondering if he had some magical dark vision powers for him to have let them both come here without warning that not seeing might be an issue. She supposed he had other things on his mind.

Yona took a deep inhale and looked around the island. She could see the pale lines of a rocky shore to their left, the rocks dense and crowded together but giving off a very soft glow from the bioluminescence of the waves around them. To the right, Yona could barely make out anything given the thick, dark pine trees strewn about, undoubtedly making for a good hiding place but at least with her nose she might find her way a bit better than she had thought. Behind her, looking over her shoulder, Yona smelled only brine and heard the sound of crashing waves. Without seeing the same glow as water hit stone, she made an assumption out loud, "Probably cliffs on that side." Before her and Johann, Yona saw rolling hills of dark colored stone littered with small shrubs, nettles, and a few more pine trees. This place was not the kind of place that was good for supporting life, she thought to herself.

She bent to a knee to lay her hand flat on the ground, looking up at her mentor, sensing physical bodies through the sparse plantlife. Yona whispered, "Obviously no life in the cliffs or the sea shore, but I detect a few throughout the hills and even more in the tree area over there." She pointed to direct his gaze, "They could be enemies, or whatever else lives on this island." The woman stood back up and gestured to Johann, "Lead the way."

WC: 616
    TWC: 4176

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 11th July 2018, 4:08 am

Johann, beneath his mask, quietly grinned to himself. The sole reason would leave the Company for this island was to fulfill his own twisted desire for justice and vengeance ... of course he'd be the hero. At least in his own mind. Naturally, he didn't mention this to the girl. What he did however owe her was both his and the other's Onyx Moon aliases, Johann quickly responding with theirs after Yona had made hers known "The White Wolf and The Black Hawk, but Wolf and Hawk is more than adequate"

On the island itself Johann took in the cold breeze that held this god-forsaken place in its frigid grip through his mask, his warm breath, even when filtered through the cover on his head, still visible in the air. "Cliffs ? ..." Johann took a look to their left "... Hold on a second.", his eyes undergoing the usual transformation as the runes on them activated their magical properties, their colour changing from their usual white to a deep, ebony black, his irises shining in a crimson red. Johann had no trouble seeing in the dark like this, but also hadn't quite thought about this complication. In truth, he had had no idea what to expect when going to a place called "Shadow Island", he'd never been here before, but the name didn't really sound inviting anyway. Glad that the lighting issue would only be a minor inconvenience, he turned to Yona "Hold still, Briar." placing his hands on the sides of her head. Her eyes would turn the same ebony colour as his, her irises shining in a glow of choice, and the same darkvision would come to her, allowing her to see perfectly well in this environment.

Furthermore, Johann was impressed that it had only taken his mentee but a few seconds to figure out location and number of the living entities around them where he was sure he himself would've at the very least had to access his runic arsenal to do something comparable. Maybe Yona would get accustomed to the rough life of a mercenary a lot quicker than he thought, in any case the old man couldn't help but commend her, "Good job, girl. Let's move for the hills and try to get some information about what exactly we are dealing with here ...", moving ahead hastily Johann didn't try to hide his presence too much, the lighting would be of enough help with that, followed closely by Artorias and, hopefully, Yona. A good jog and short distance later Johann was staring down into something of a depression between two hills, his eyes following a group of 3. He couldn't make out too many details, but following their movements and patterns it seemed unlikely that they had run into local civilians. In a part of the island this desolate ? No, something was up. He had to get a better visual. The runes on his body started glowing blood red, though only visible on his neck and, partially, through the visor of his mask, and the old man felt his senses enhance explosively, change from one second to the other,  his vision able to zoom in more and get a better picture of the situation now. "2 men, 1 woman, all carrying some kind of melee weapon, dressed in ... black uniforms. They have the red cross on their hands ... oh this is going to be fun !" Johann whispered to the other two, his eyes locked on the members of Blood Seal that patrolled the area. "One for you, Briar, one for me, the other one Hawk will immobilize for questioning ... on 3 ? 1." Johann stood up straight "2", with incredible speed drew his rapier and held it up "3", Wolf's surroundings exploded with dirt and wind, launching the man forward at the members of the dark guild they had been looking for, a enormously loud crack echoing through the air around as the sound barrier was broken.

With a single, swift strike of his blackened blade the man was decapitated, his body collapsing to the ground as a stream of blood erupted from his severed neck, Johann coming to a complete stop on the other side of the group. Artorias teleported himself through the space between them and the patrol, a good 100 feet, in an instant, zapping through the air as his body transformed into lightning, his blade sinking into the woman's shoulder before they even knew what was going on, unloading an electric charge through his weapon that caused her to lose control of her muscles and fall, twitching uncontrollably. "Your turn, Briar" Johann thought to himself as he turned, taking a look at the last remaining member of the small group, his face reflecting the shock and confusion he was experiencing.

Job Word Count: 805
    Total Job Word Count: 4.028 / 8.000

Last edited by Johann on 10th March 2019, 7:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 11th July 2018, 12:13 pm

Yona looked over at Johann, then mentally corrected herself- Wolf not Johann, not here. When the older man praised her and set his hands against the sides of her temples, she felt a warm feeling in her eyes. They shifted and changed, becoming dark as coal and glowing silver lightly. Briar looked around amazed and found that she could see quite well now, and before she could stop it a smile creased her face, the joy of sight undeniably useful now that she knew the setting of the island better. It looked like Wolf had planned this out well after all. "Cool, thanks," Briar returned looking around the area.

When Wolf suggested to move quickly up through the hills, Briar did not reply with more than a quiet nod. She jogged swiftly, keeping pace with the two guys until Wolf had them stop, pointing out the people Briar had sensed before. She looked down with her glowing eyes and saw indeed a group of three people, and in such a weird circumstance, she could not believe they were civilian either. It was confirmed when her mentor described the two men and the woman, wearing black with the mark of the Blood Seal. They couldn't be far from the base then and Wolf's informant had been correct as to the location of the dark guild. Briar had her gaze on the short guy below and readied herself while Wolf set up the count. She bent down and drew out her Blade of Thorns from the ground by her feet and a second between Wolf speaking 2 and 1 she started racing down the side of the hill. She was taking into account the fact that Wolf was ten times faster, to say the least, than she herself was.

By the time she got to the bottom of the hill, she had seen the head rolling off the top of a man, the body crumpling to the ground and the woman's body twitching in the sparks of some sort of lightning based attack. Briar took advantage of the surprise on the short man's face, his attention on Wolf and Hawk and not on her. She dashed up behind him and stabbed her green thorny blade through his stomach, aiming upwards at a diagonal. The blade didn't go all the way through and poke out the other side, instead it shoved through his back, past his spine, and up through his stomach, muscle, and lungs. Briar wanted to prevent a screaming alarm from notifying the others in the area. Once she was sure he was dead, his body falling over, Briar put her right foot on his back and jerked her blade back out the way it had come. "For a guild they're awfully suspicious. Do you think they expect us?" Briar asked Wolf, wiping her blade on the grass and then standing up straight.

WC: 482
    TWC: 4658

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 12th July 2018, 7:56 am

"An excellent question" Johann turned his attention to the woman on the ground, who stared at the 3 with fightened eyes, while grabbing a simple sword of one of her fallen comrades. Moving it around, it felt heavier than the rapier he was used to, but it would suffice for what he had planned. "Silentio" the old man whispered underneath his mask, a circle of runes appearing around the mages Onyx Moon and the woman on the ground, magical energy forming a faintly glowing, purple dome around them. "Why don't we ask her ? In here, nobody will hear her screams ... so we'll have plenty of time to have fun". The uniformed member of Blood Seal seemed like she could barely keep up with what was happening around her between the pain, between the 3 strange figures appearing and between them cutting down her fellow guildmates in less than even a minute. "So, why all the secrecy and security, hm ? If I didn't know better I'd say Blood Seal had something to hide" "W-who are you people ? I- I- I know nothing, I swear !"

From what Johann could gather the woman was around her mid 20's, judging by her voice and appearance, the long, dirty blonde hair hidden under a black bandana. A troublemaker who fell in with the wrong crowd, perhaps ? It wouldn't be of too much matter, anyway. She looked like she could barely move at all after what the storm mage had put her through. "Very well, if you wish to test my patience ..." Wolf started playing with the blade, swinging it around a few times as he slowly approached the Blood Seal thug "N-no, please, S-Sir, l-let's talk about this ! I have no idea what you-", he wouldn't bother to let her finish her sentence,with extreme speed and force jamming the sword through her left hand and into the ground, the blade burrowing itself into the dirt up to its hilt, effectively pinning her to the terrain beneath. A scream of pain echoed through the dome, a wincing, a crying of agony, yet, nothing was audible outside of the magical circle. A most useful enchantment, indeed. Wolf crouched down, and without turning to her, with his deep voice, spoke "Perhaps I haven't made myself clear ...", standing back up again.

"... so let's try that again." Johann briefly stepped outside the dome, walking over to the one Briar had dealt with, pulling out his blade out of its sheath with a metallic ring, this one was lighter, a shortsword, but it would do, before going back inside, "What are you doing here on Shadow Island ? Why are you patrolling the area ?", a painful cry his answer as the woman tried to grasp the hilt of the blade in her hand with the other, though in her current state she was unable to do so, small streams of tears running down her face. Waiting for a couple of seconds Johann started twirling the shortsword between his fingers "Maybe I need to take the other one as well ? ..." starting to, once more, get closer "P-p-please, please, I-I'll tell you everything I know !", the Blood Seal thug on the ground raising one hand, Wolf stopping, but still spinning around the blade in his hands, "I'm all ear". "T-the boss has set up an operation here. B-brought along most of the army. W-we are l-looking for something in a- in a temple ! Yes ! It's p-powerful, ancient. H-he wants it, that's- that's all I know, I swear ! Please let me go, please !" Wolf gave a nod "Everything in due time. Do you know what you're looking for ? Who's the "Boss" and where is this "temple" ?", the woman staring in horror as Johann approached closer "I-I really don't know ! I'm just in it for the money ! Please, the Boss didn't tell us anything. H-He's the leader of the army, the leader of Blood Seal, nobody knows his real name. Ah, y-yes the temple, of course, it's- it's about an hour north of here, in the twilight mountains. Easy to m-miss but I'm sure you'll m-manage !" her tone changing to an even more frightened voice "And how do I know you're telling me the truth ?" Johann, with an audible cry from the woman, took one more step in her direction, a sinister, but unseen grin on his face under the mask "I-I'm telling the truth, I swear ! Will you l-l-let me go now ?"

Johann grinned as he jammed down the other blade, this time however, aiming for her throat. With a horrifying gurgle, the blood started to fill her lungs, she tried to grasps the hilt of the sword with her other, free hand, but to no avail, not managing to get a hold of the weapon before she fell limp, the life leaving her body with what sounded like a broken cough. Of course this whole thing could've been solved with one of Yona's mind tricks, but Wolf had had no intention of letting her go in the first place. Every single one of them on this island, everyone with that mark he would make sure to eradicate, remove from the face of this world and if possible as slowly and painfully as he could. "North it is, then" the old man spoke as he sat up, wiping away the blood on the glove that had held the blades, the runic circle around them losing its glow before, a moment later, fading away.

Job Word Count: 936
    Total Job Word Count: 4.964 / 8.000

Last edited by Johann on 10th March 2019, 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 12th July 2018, 12:33 pm

Yona watched with equal parts horror and uneasiness. She had to remind herself that these people were responsible for countless murders, including killing Johann's family in front of him. She had killed before plenty times, but she didn't really play with them or find enjoyment in it. It was always survival, though if it was her in his shoes, she knew she might find relief and enjoyment in the act. Yona steeled herself, telling herself in her head, Briar leaves those things behind. Briar doesn't feel compassion for killers even if they beg. They showed no mercy, and neither shall we. Luckily all of her expressions were hidden behind her mask. Still, she felt no regret for joining her mentor and if anything she simply made mental notes to look out for him a little more. Briar carried her blade, choosing not to put it away to take it back out if needed. She bent down and touched the ground again, trying to sense life in these hills but it was a challenge to be sure.

There it was, in the north as the woman said, movement. The sensation was vague and she couldn't get a decent count with how few living plants with roots had managed to live in the area here. "North definitely has movement," Briar confirmed to Johann, "The mountains are much harder for me to read. Less plants, more rock. Hiding might not be so easy,"She added looking towards the mountains. There were only a handful of mountains and they were flat at the top. She could see pines crawling up the mountain side until the top areas where only shrubs and bare rock seemed to reside. From this angle, she saw no buildings, no camp, no signs of people living there. The group must have hidden themselves with magic or was sprawled throughout the mountain sides somewhere. "It's a decent hike from what I can see, we need to keep moving." Briar adjusted her hood a bit, her long green hair sliding out of the side under her ears. The woman put up a fast pace walking speed, now understanding these hills were simply the toes of the mountain, and they were closer than her darkvision might have her believe.

As they progressed up the mountain side, Briar could hear the wind whistling by her ears, an eerie monstrous sort of sound. She heard the sounds of crunching, cracking, and splintering wood. The young woman had looked around to see if Wolf or Hawk had heard it too. It sounded almost like something was moving through the trees, breaking them down as it passed by. Or perhaps, it was the trees which were moving. That idea was simply to ridiculous to entertain and she saw no sign of motion excepting for the sounds that she could hear. A few times, Briar thought she smelled burning firewood, a resin-scented smoke in the air. As they walked through the dark landscape however, Briar saw no fires. Finally she spoke up, "Wolf, this is too weird. Tell me I'm not crazy and you hear it too? Do you smell smoke?" Maybe they were closer to a camp or another patrol than she had thought. Why the hell hadn't she been able to sense it? Confusion and distortion wracked her brain and she crossed her arms unhappily.

A loud crack sounded from above and Briar had to jump backwards to avoid the swiping bark covered hand of some sort of magical monster. As graceful as ever, she tripped and fell into Hawk before regaining her balance.

WC: 597
    TWC: 5256

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 12th July 2018, 3:50 pm

Tilting his head and turning it, Johann laid eyes on the mountain range on the horizon, his eyes widening as he realized how close he was to what he had desired all these years, the trail of bloody vendetta that had carved itself into his life like a red line nearing its completion. Perhaps he wasn't setting the best example for his masked mentee right now, but he had to prioritize, and destroying the evil that had taken his life, future and family from him would definitely be above a few disturbing acts of brutality. Out of reflex , more than anything, his eyes flared up with bright, crimson red that lit up the shades of his mask with unsettling colour as the rage inside his heart started burning with intense, scorching fury, Johann feeling a heavy, almost painful sensation in his throat. "Already on it" Johann muttered under his mask, grabbing and dragging both Hawk and Briar to himself, an intense aura of pressure building up as, below their feet, a large, familiar chalk white magic circle appeared, the three of them quickly being surrounded by a stream of swirling wind before seemingly vanishing into thin air. A few moments later, they reappeared at the foot of the large mountainside, saving them what would perhaps have been an hour long hike through the rough terrain around. Still, this was about as far as he could transport them without risking the chance of missing something, meaning they had to make their way up the mountainside on foot.

As the small group made their ascend, though, something started to feel off ... way off. He couldn't shake off the eerie feeling that they were being watched, their every move closely observed by what felt like dozens ... maybe hundreds of invisible eyes locked on them. "No, you're not crazy. The sounds here just feel ... unnatural", Hawk following up immediately "This whole place reeks of demon, lord ... something is going horribly wrong. Perhaps we-", Hawk couldn't finish the sentence as Yona tumbled back and into his arms, the magical beast in human form scrambling slightly on the slope as he recovered his composure, growling a little as he turned towards what seemed like a huge pine tree come to life, moving on large, plant like roots as if they were feet, swinging two large, malformed branches like arms. Not just that, but all plant life around seemed to have come to life as well, bushes, vines, even the sparse grass around, all trying to grasp and grapple the three mages of Onyx Moon, countless pieces of vegetations suddenly behaving a lot more lively than the old man would've liked ... he sighed. "Cover your eyes, Briar, Hawk !" waiting a moment as he spread out his arms, magic circles appearing all around him, the runes on his body and the circles glowing in a bright, hallowed yellow, iridescent, blinding radiance exploding from his form to cover their surroundings in a prolonged flash of holy energy. All the possessed, demonic plants within a 100m radius were immediately set aflame, scorched and withered away into white ash, the light retreating back to the runes on his body before Wolf opened his eyes. One of his newest runes he had developed with use against demons in mind, the dark entities standing no chance against holy light that would leave the other two mages untouched completely, working wonders to purge their surroundings of the unholy influence. Still, there were more, much more waiting in line for their turn to assault the intruders. Additionally, Johann had quite the feeling that whoever was around had certainly taken notice of the immensely bright flash of light, but he cared little for alerting Blood Seal. He was ready to let them come and strike every single one of them down, drawing his rapier to face the horde of lowly demons before him, Hawk by his side doing the same.

Job Word Count: 661
    Total Job Word Count: 5.625 / 8.000

Last edited by Johann on 10th March 2019, 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 12th July 2018, 9:36 pm

As the monstrous tree came forth, Wolf shouted out to cover her eyes. She had just fallen into Hawk and so quickly hid her face in Hawk's chest, burying it so that between him and the hood, whatever Wolf was doing would not affect her. The area was suddenly devoid of plant life for a broad distance and Briar pulled away from Hawk quickly to look around. "You think those were demons? Demons sealed in trees?" Her question was partially out of disbelief and partially asking for confirmation as the idea seemed so incredulous. Demons could take over living beings, but the plant mage hadn't thought that would include all herbivory. As she stepped away, Hawk drawing his rapier out, Briar had to make a quick decision as to how she could handle this situation. Because they were magical, she doubted her handy mind command tricks were going to work and yet using plants to fight plants seemed futile!

Briar still had her hand on her Blade of Thorns and shrugged inwardly, it was the best she could do. It appeared that three or four large tree-like entities were making their way towards the three and a dozen or so small shrub monsters were climbing much more quickly up the mountain or down the mountain, like a swarm of scarab beetles seeking out flesh of the living. She raced towards danger, as always, using the scimitar in hand as a slashing weapon. She sliced diagonally left, cleaving a bush-demon in half, she sliced diagonally right, splitting another in twain. Briar stabbed and thrust forward, spinning her body like a dancer, killing small sprout and shrub demons along the way. It was exhausting fending off their nettle-claws and the woman began to slow. She had made progress, killing at least eight of them, but when she looked around a dozen more seemed to have taken their place. They were moving surprisingly fast the smaller that they were, it was the large ones which were taking their time, waiting for the three to tire out before closing in.

She stepped backwards and felt a thin vine curl behind her, wrapping itself around her neck. It lifted her upwards and back off the ground. She felt the vines tighten like a noose and cried out once, flicking her eyes behind her to see what had snatched her up. A large mound of grass, a half a hill sized beast had lifted its body slowly from the ground. It's soil and weed body opened up in what seemed to be a human sized hole and she wondered if this particular demon could eat a person whole. Better to not find out, she thought, waving her Blade around. Fortune had it that her unaimed attack landed on the vines holding her up by her neck. Briar fell five feet, landing with a gasp on the back of the monster demon. She rolled over quickly and stabbed her blade hilt-deep into the monster. As quickly as it had emerged, it was subdued. "Is the whole damn mountain alive too?" Briar demanded, her tone sharp and sophisticated.

WC: 520
    TWC: 5776

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 13th July 2018, 8:45 am

"W-what are you doing, human ?" Hawk asked in a sharp, surprised tone as Yona pressed herself against his torso, blushing slightly under his mask. Hadn't he made his dislike for the irresponsible teen girl clear ? ... Anyway, his master would be more than upset with him if he put the girl in danger, as much as he would've wanted to, and thus he allowed it, just this once, covering his mask with the hood of his outfit as the bright, blinding light consumed all around them. However, just as soon as the light had dealt with whatever foes these were it was gone already, the girl pushing away from him as he regained his overview of the situation. Though greatly reduced in numbers, their foes were still present. "Judging by the smell ... yes. Lowly demons everywhere." Wolf spoke calmly as he took in the stench through his mask. To Yona it would perhaps have a smell of less intensity, but with Johann's heightened senses he could make it out all around them, the foul smell of that shared similarities with sulfur in the air. He and his partner had encountered demons naturally before, and with senses like those of himself and Artorias and a smell like this you were unlikely to forget it again.

Still, as soon as Johann had destroyed the first possessed plantlife, more would follow, both Briar and Hawk caught in their own respective fight with the turned flora of Shadow Island, the girl seemingly able to hold her own while Hawk pushed forward towards the larger, tree based creatures with a speed that got close to Johann's, bursting into the air with a crack of thunder as a bark covered claw swung for him, the falcon knight splitting the branch with a sweep of his katana, yellow sparks of electricity flying in every direction as he did. With incredible velocity Artorias unleashed slash after slash at one of the tree creatures, slowly driving it back before ultimately delivering a blow that knocked the demon over, the tree crashing onto its side, unmoving.

Johann wasn't done with the demons either, with rapier in hand walking forward to face the conglomeration of demonic creatures before him, met with a universal hissing, growling and howling as he approached the unholy entities, strings of black smoke and wind slowly rising from his form, his eyes glowing in an amethyst purple. The black smoke started coalescing, slowly drifting down his right arm before swirling around his blade, Johann taking a stance to draw back his blade wide, the weapon now held over his left shoulder and, with one large swing, the masked Keeper of Onyx Moon released his strongest spell. The wave of darkness and wind that travelled down the side of the mountain drowned out all light before it, ripping apart every living being unfortunate enough to stand in the way of Unlimited Destruction, separating them into two pieces cleanly before finally dissipating, leaving nothing behind but the disfigured remains of the formerly demonic vegetation. Now that this side of the mountain had been cleared, all that remained was the other side where Briar and Hawk where fighting ...

Job Word Count: 533
    Total Job Word Count: 6.158 / 8.000

Last edited by Johann on 10th March 2019, 7:25 am; edited 3 times in total

Zincarla
    Zincarla

Post by Zincarla 14th July 2018, 12:19 pm

Between Briar and Hawk's efforts, the small plant demons were almost obliterated. She had no idea how many more would come and then an idea occurred to her. The trees had paused and Briar shouted over her shoulder, loud enough for Hawk and Wolf to both hear her. "It... It's a diversion! Like an alarm system! The Blood Seal is getting prepared, go! Go! I'll handle the trees and catch up to you! Go, before they are ready for us!" Briar repeated herself a bit, but the message was clear. She was told not to be a hero, and this was not being a hero. This was delegating work tasks. She could handle plants, if anyone could, but if all the members in the Blood Seal were getting alerted, getting into position, preparing a first strike, then Briar knew that only put the three of them into more danger.

Briar slashed and killed two more of the small shrub like demons and glanced up to see if Wolf had gone. She hoped he trusted and believed in her ability to fight enough that he would in fact go. She couldn't spare more than a glance however. Whether or not he left, she continued the fight. Her blade had never seen so much fighting before and she was surprised at the work out she was getting already. The fact that she was tiring was the point, it was the thing that made her realize what the dangerous mountainside was really for. It would kill weak investigators and trespassers with ease and help the dark guild prepare for the powerful ones like Wolf. She cast her Blightweave spell, letting the green glow encircle and poison one of the three tree monsters left. The blight landed well and moved swiftly, causing damage and turning the bark black with disease. It was more effective than she could have hoped, she thought to herself.

The second tree had come plodding in, slashing at her with an enormous branch back hand. The fact that it was slow and easy to see should have made it easy to dodge, but Briar could not avoid the massive branch arm in sheer size alone. She turned and moved to jump out of the way, but the branch slammed into her body and flung her down the mountainside. She bumped over rocks and had rolled down at least a hundred feet before stopping. She groaned as she hurried to get to her feet. Her entire body hurt and she knew the bruising would be horrific tomorrow. There were lines of blood where she had been scratched and scuffed, but overall Briar hadn't taken enough damage to seriously harm her. She whispered, "Aloe Allay," and allowed her body to glow and heal quickly, her pain subsiding. It was with good timing as the three tree monsters were heading down towards her, all at different paces it seemed. The one which had the blight was moving the slowest, black bark all over. The one which had hit her was moving the fastest, its roots rumbling over the mountain and tearing up the ground like a farming machine.

Briar extended her right hand and flicked her wrist, shooting three bamboo skewers through the trees form. They snapped off as the tree moved, the skewers still crossed inside of him. Briar cursed at her terrible luck. Then to her surprise, so close to the edge of the mountain, the trees had taken note of Wolf's utter destruction. Briar herself hadn't seen it but she looked over now and was filled with awe at what his power had done. The tree monsters, instead of going after her, rounded away and towards the other side of the mountain and its untouched forests. Briar breathed hard in relief, smiling to herself, "You better run, lest he comes back to end all of you!" Still a part of her was dismayed. Sure, her power was great but not enough to deal with monsters made from the same material as her magic. Briar thought that she had better have improved luck and her spells better have improved effectiveness against the mages of the Blood Seal. At least they weren't plant demons, just mages, and she had faced those before.

WC:710
    TWC: 6486

Last edited by Yona on 14th October 2018, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 15th July 2018, 6:22 am

Dark smoke still rising from his form, the old man sheathed his rapier, the amethyst and ebony coloured aura slowly fading away, the amaranthine hue in his eyes changing back to its regular crimson. "Like I could run away and leave you behind here to face dangers unknown. No, Briar, we stay together.", The old man didn't care if they would be ready for them or not. He would destroy them either way, and in truth, Blood Seal rallying at their base would eliminate the necessity to scour the island, or perhaps even further beyond that, for every individual member of the guild after they had found and destroyed their hideout. "Nice work, girl. Are you alright ? Anything I need to worry about ?" Johann joked from under his mask as he gave her a pat on the shoulder, moving forward and further up the mountainside. This whole situation was more than strange. Never had he seen such a high density of demonic beings, lowly as they were, and never had he seen both take possession of the environment around and defend an area like that. It would be foolish to assume that Blood Seal didn't have their hand in this somehow, but why ? Was what they were searching for demonic power ? Had they somehow developed a method to control demons ? Why would they use a method as sophisticated as that for a simple alarm system ? It seemed like the further the old man pushed on the more questions turned up where he was in search of answers. Still, he had to go on and on. For his own sake, for the sake of his past, for the sake of those he had lost to the despicable darkness that was their targets.

Stepping over a rock formation, Wolf leapt up a steep incline before laying eyes on what was behind. The terrain flattened,  looking like the rock here had been meticulously carved over the course of years, decades possibly, carved into the side of the mountain with what could only be extreme amounts of work and effort to form some sort of large square, a smooth, small stone obelisk in its center and a huge, massive set of stone doors on the other side, a structure built into this mountain with precision and craftsmanship that could only impress. The temple the Blood Seal thug had talked about. As expected, though, the three mages of Onyx Moon wouldn't exactly receive a warm welcome. A good 50 or so individuals lined a set of stone stairs from wall to wall that, too, had been carved from the looks of things, leading up the large doors of the temple. All of them were Blood Seal members, each and every one of them dressed similarly to the 3 they had encountered before, equipped with various melee or gunpowder weapons. Seemingly a hastily assembled, improvised defense line out of the ones that had managed to quickly make their way back to base, but still a sizeable number. Johann grinned sharply under his mask. "Take cover, you two". Still, this was a welcome sight the Keeper, his lust for vengeance would be satisfied, and without much delay, bullets started flying as gunpowder explosions echoed all around.

Job Word Count: 545
    Total Job Word Count: 6.703 / 8.000

Last edited by Johann on 10th March 2019, 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 1:55 pm