Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Family Court [Mephistopheles]

Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Guild Creator- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Descendant of Jagers
    Position : None
    Guild : Hidden Blades
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,399,882

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Incubus Soul Takeover
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Family Court [Mephistopheles] Empty Family Court [Mephistopheles]

Post by Artemis Dagger 2nd July 2018, 9:04 am

Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv41Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv41Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv41

Art stared at the ground of the courthouse, his expression one of boredom and irritation. This was not where we wanted to be chilling on his day off. But it was his own fault, kinda, a few nights earlier he had got a little reckless. Well more than reckless, it had been a few well said words, and actions that had produced what had been a twenty man brawl. It was ridiculous for him to get the blame though, some men just couldn't take a joke. All he had been doing was sitting at a bar, talking to some beautiful ladies. When a big burly bloke had walked over, demanding he leave. Claiming the bar was for locals only and he wasn't a local. It was a pathetic excuse, the truth of the matter was the guy was jealous. Jealous of the attention Artemis's good looks and smooth charm was working on their local women.

Art had turned the to ladies, ignoring the guy, and asking them if they wanted him to go. They had, of course, shaken their heads giggling. "You see, I'm actually very welcome here, so why do you walk a way and leave us to enjoy our night. Oh and by the way, your flies down." The troll of a man fell for it, "Ha, made you look" Art said earning him a chorus of laughter from the women. The bloke, had no been so amused. Grabbing hold of his shirt, Art was pulled out of his seat, smirking as the bloke pulled back his fist to deliver a punch. But as he threw his punch, Art ducked out of his shirt, stepping out of the mans gripped. Standing a few paces away topless, the girls fluttering at the sight of him. "Now, now, no need to ruin a good shirt. If you wanted to see me naked, you could've asked. Although to be honest sweet cheeks, you're not my type." He said giving the guy a wink, only to the enrage the guy more as he flew forward. Rugby tackling Art to the ground and beginning the onset of the biggest pub brawl of the year.

So here he was, facing the consequences of a few well placed words, he hadn't even thrown the first punch. Yet the bartender, sibling of the ogre man had pointed the authorities straight to him. He was wearing a suit, although it was pretty dishevelled. Pissed off with the hearing, he had spent the night before, drinking. Which had resulted in another dirty hangover, one he was currently trying to nullify with the flask in his jacket pocket. As he stared at the ground, resting on the cold bench, he heard a tapping noise. A familiar noise, his blood ran cold, and he looked up in panic. Watching the approach of the last person he wanted to see right now...

WC: 482

Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv54Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv54Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv54

Last edited by Artemis Dagger on 17th March 2019, 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mephistopheles Jäger
    Mephistopheles Jäger

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Experience : 0

Family Court [Mephistopheles] Empty Re: Family Court [Mephistopheles]

Post by Mephistopheles Jäger 2nd July 2018, 9:39 am

Eyes the color of a succubus’s supple thighs stared at the the court house’s entrance, the blazing red gaze slipping down to the small flight of stairs leading up towards its entrance. Utterly ignoring the sloped ramp just on the other said of the rail for the disabled. Clank. The butt of his cane met the first step with pride, as the crippled on man began his ascent. At his flanks the two well-dressed servants followed their master wordlessly. Both the women had long learned to hold their tongue when the head of the Dagger family refused the path of the weak, and merely carried his brief cases obediently behind him.

As Jäger approached the wooden doors the younger of the two women hurried her pace, quickly opening it before the master’s limping stride was broken. Nearly half an hour of waiting, speaking with clerks and sending the older female off to drop off what document’s he’d needed signed and the aging man was finally free for rest. The tapping of his cane slowly growing more pronounced as he made his way towards one of the calmer areas of the Courthouse as the young servant continued to wordlessly follow at his heels; ready to serve as his hands.

It was when Jäger turned a corner that his eyes of blood narrowed with disappointment. His bones ached, they always ached these days. But the sight before him caused his aging body to be forgotten as the taping of the cane ceased and his disappointed gaze met one of panic. The cane lifted and a solid thud rang out as he began to make his way towards the child named after one of his dear fallen comrades. Soiling his beautiful name with the appearance of a drunkard.

“Artemis.” Jäger said politely as he approached, the woman behind giving a silent nod of a greeting. “I hope you are faring well. You have not been at the estate for quite some time it seems.” The old man’s gaze slipped over the young man’s body, as he stood before his grandchild, choosing not to take a seat despite his sore body. He was still taller than the child before him, but by a few mere inches with the shrinking of his body. With the weakening of his power, rendering him on a level akin to a mere commoner; the old man was hellbent on continuing to use all of the tricks he’d always done to remind others he was stronger. Even if it was now all a bluff. “I take it you have been busy with work. Are you here for a contract of sorts?”
    Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Alt Account- Alignment Shift- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Guild Creator- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Artemis Dagger 2nd July 2018, 12:16 pm

Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv41Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv41Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv41

The sound of his name spoken by his grandfather of all people should have brought a sentimental feeling of a family reunion. It hadn't, instead it brought home the all to unpleasant notion that staying away from the estate had been an all welcome change of pace. But it couldn't last forever, his time of escapism and debauchery, did not take away who he was, or where he came from. He stood to greet his grandfather, quickly straightening his crooked tie and running a hand through his unruly red hair. These small actions did little to tidy his appearance, but it was worth a shirt. If he'd had known he was going to be running in to him. He wouldn't been didn't, he would have been better prepared. But fate had a funny way of kicking you when you were down. As if this day couldn't get any way. He bowed his upper body forward in a respectful greeting, the kind he reserved only for the head of the family.

"Grandfather." He said in returned, mirroring his polite tone. Before standing straight, reaching up and rubbed the back of his head anxiously at his grandfathers words. Words without warmth or compassion, just words, that's all Art ever got. Art knew better than to show any interest in the women behind his grandfather, attractive as they were, he wouldn't dare hit on them in front of him. He had been pulled up on that before. 

"Yeah, I've um... been busy." He replied, busy doing the kind of things his grandfather would beat him for. Had he heard of Artemis's behaviour? Had he known Art would be here today and had come to give him a battering? Art's mind was barraged with paranoid suspicions. The coincidence was unbelievable, they could have bumped into each other anywhere, anywhere else would have been better than this. "I have been doing quite a few jobs, I'm a member of Silver Wolf now. So that has been keeping me occupied, as for my reason for being here..." What could he say? His grandfather was awfully good at reading him, he didn't know if a lie would be worse of for him. If his grandfather saw through his lies, then the rage that pursued was formidable. But revealing the entire truth of the matter wouldn't fare him much better here.

"Just handling a little... misunderstanding." He told him, it was a close to the truth as he could admit. He had been a misunderstanding, for which he was undergoing a hearing. He dropped his hand back to his side, before adding a nervous question of his own. "Grandfather, if you don't mind my asking, why are you here?"

WC: 452
    Total: 934

Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv54Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv54Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv54

Last edited by Artemis Dagger on 17th March 2019, 2:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mephistopheles Jäger
    Mephistopheles Jäger

Player 

Post by Mephistopheles Jäger 2nd July 2018, 12:57 pm

Whether it was from shame, fear, or any number of things. The fact that the child before him made such pitiful attempts to better his appearance prevented the aging man’s cold anger from growing further… By the time he ever truly expressed his rage, it was far too late to sooth it. His icy, calculating eyes stared through his grandchild as he watched the respectful bow and polite tones. Taking note of the boy’s every action and word while judging him the entire time.

Every pause between words, delay in answering was taken apart and studied while the old man gave the younger the floor to speak. The child was being deflective, and poorly at that. Broken some sort of law, public drunk, hot headed fight, or had gotten mixed up with drugs. None of which were acts that were befitting of a Dagger, and the cold red eyes reflected his disapproval.

“Business. I have contract revisions that lawyers need to review, to review the laws for various building expansions, and update my will about some latest acquisitions. Your cousin Gabriel had proven himself quite responsible these past few months. I’ve decided to give leave him one of my oldest sailing vessels, given his fondness for the open waters. It requires some work to fare the open oceans, but it will make the day he can set sail upon it all the more cherished.”

Jäger responded, his eyes never leaving his grandchild’s face as he calmly praised another member of the family. Shifting his stance ever so slightly, he casually cracked his neck. Head tilting as he looked down on the youngster expectantly. “But he is skilled with ledgers and business. The Silver Wolves you say. I had heard of a new guild being formed and recruiting… A guild that has yet to be fully established holds potential for advancement. Tell me more of it, and what responsibilities they have given to you.” His voice was polite, however his words held no hint of it being a question. It was that expecting look in his eyes, ready to give disappointment or approval and years of never once asking for something of his grandchildren… Only politely demanding.
    Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Artemis Dagger 3rd July 2018, 10:38 am

Art did his utmost best to maintain his expressions as what would appear to be polite concentration. However as his grandfather spoke, internally he was feeling an array of emotions, turning over one by one as if on a conveyor belt. First there was the mention of his will, which Art would liked to have rolled his eyes at, if he wanted his grandfather to slay him then and there. The mention of the will was a constant reminder of his tie to the family, who was going to get what. Artemis was well aware of the estimated claim he would get, the more he misbehaved, the smaller it got. Did he care? He wasn't really sure, he personally wouldn't mind a share of his families name. Not for the benefits of wealth, but more for the pure acknowledgement that he was in fact a Dagger.

Following this, there was the mention of his cousin, Gabriel, A pompous prick opposite to Artemis in every way. Always doing his bit to show off, a greedy little weasel obsessed with keeping his lips in firm contact of the higher ups rears. Art had spent much of his childhood putting Gabriel in headlocks and pulling out the hair from the back of his neck.  He wanted to scoff, but again he didn't. I hope he falls off and drowns. He thought casually, his lip twitched slightly at the thought.

Finally came the part where his Grandfather actually showed an interest in his affairs. It was a rare opportunity, and despite the undermined way his Grandfathers judgmental stare made him feel. Art wasn't going to miss the chance to tell his Grandfather about it. It was one of the very few times, Artemis displayed a serious and business way of speaking, once again only reserved for people whose opinions he actually cared about. "Well, at the moment the guild still seems to be developing it's foundations. From what I've gathered so far, it's key focus is developing research in various areas, for example magical items, spell advancement, artefact examination and whatnot. I haven't been given a specified role per se as I'm still new, but it's the guild members duty to take on jobs that involve research, but there are also the option of freelance jobs as well. It's a combination of building the reputation of the guild, and building up it's archives with new research. " He thank the heavens for his conversation with Leona the other day, had it not been for that chat, he might not have been able to reel off so much about the guild.

WC: 436
    Total : 1370
    Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv65Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv65Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv65

Last edited by Artemis Dagger on 17th March 2019, 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mephistopheles Jäger
    Mephistopheles Jäger

Player 

Post by Mephistopheles Jäger 4th July 2018, 12:10 pm

“...” Jäger was silient even after his grandson had finished speaking. Merely staring down at the boy, studying the young and immature man before him. After several moments the aging man spoke. “A member of the family within a guild of research and knowledge is always welcome.” Jäger said softly but his tone… It held no trace of approval or disapproval. “However as you are, you would be found wanting when it comes to actually assisting and leading research. It is not a matter of intellect that matters most, it is passion and drive. A better suited guild would have been any number of the other guilds whose primary focus was completing contracts and relied little on how others see them. Within the Silver Wolves you are best suited to aiding in expeditions, or to further refine your control over demons to tap into hell’s endless resources to lend aid.”

“That is if you stay with the guild.”  Piercing eyes turned even colder, as the old man’s voice grew sharp. “Now listen well child, for I was going to hold my tongue before. But it seems like you need to be reminded of something. The Silver Wolves  are not the Daggers. They are young, vulnerable and one chooses to become apart of them.The Daggers are not. I had spent decades establishing the household into what it is today. Blood, sweat, and sacrifices are the foundation of any family and a guild, is no different. Your childish antics and disrespect for the Dagger name can not even leave a dent upon us, but it can leave one upon the Silver Wolves.”

“Right now they need to build up their name, contacts and wealth. But over time, the need for wealth will diminish. And it becomes all to apparent that their name and the contacts they make are the most valuable. A guild that is known to be respectful in the face of the law, shall in turn be respected back when matters arise. By showing up to a house of law looking like a drunkard who couldn’t decide if he should bother dressing up or not, you are tarnishing a name that has yet to even be made. But more importantly, you are hindering the dreams of people who joined it for a cause other than boredom or obtaining a position of power within it."

"Those few people that heard of a guild that desired to further knowledge and magic, who see it as a place to reach for the stars. You can pretend that you were that ass-kissing cousin of  yours in the face of authorities and aid those people who are striving for something. You can act as if the Silver Wolves are no different from the Daggers, and drag the aspirations of others through the mud. Or you can leave and go where you can do no harm."

"No matter how pleased I may have been with you joining a guild. My hope was that it would uplift you and mature you in due time, not that you would tread upon their most vulnerable moments. You can be better than that, if you weren't capable of making something of yourself you would not be a Dagger. You would be nameless. So while you are standing before that judge, knowing that behind his mask he too is viewing you with disappointment. Reflect on what you want out of life and if they are worth more than what someone else wants.”
    Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Artemis Dagger 4th July 2018, 1:09 pm

Art nodded with genuine interest, pleased to hear that his Grandfather didn't find his decision to join Silver Wolf as a guild foolish but rather welcoming. It was a rare and pleasant moment. Art felt his chest swell slightly. Although then he began to speak of how Art was unsuitable for the guild, and his pride deflated. His chest sunk and he realised the moment was too good to be true.

Arts moment of feeling pleased with himself quickly turned into one of draining demotivation, because one of the very reasons he didn't return to the Dagger estate was looming before him. He didn't have time to make an excuse to leave. When the sentences began to reel from his Grandfathers tongue, he knew it was the beginning of the end. No salvation. His grandfather was famous for many things, and his unbelievable intense lectures were one of them,

First there was the mention that he was childish, a classic. His behaviour was disrespectful, and although the Daggers could handle it. He shouldn't be a part of guild whose reputation he could harm, of course. But this wasn't a legal guild, this was an independent guild, which is why Art had joined it. They are clearly stated that they welcomed anyone and everything. Even a disrespectful cocky lump like Artemis. But could he argue that, no because it wouldn't benefit him here.

Then it circled round to his appearance, the state he was in. This whole hearing was a crass act of bullshit anyway. The court would realise that once he said his peace, a little bit of dutch courage did nobody harm. Yet he couldn't argue that either, his point would not sell themselves well to Mephistopheles Jager. Then he proceeded to advise him that he shouldn't be a part of the guild at all, to say he would only do more harm and good. That's where it all lied, that was how little faith his grandfather had in him. No matter how hard he tried he would never have faith in him, so he had stopped trying, a long time ago.

When his Grandfathers speech came in a close, Art who had been listening with a blank expression, looked to his feet. Taking a breath, he said the only words he can. Because nothing he could say would convince his grandfather that he hadn't joined that guild to drag it through the mud. Because he wanted to push himself for once. Maybe he should quit, but what would that do, except make him even lowly and more depressed. The guild did give him drive, but Jager didn't see that. All he saw was his scruffy law bending grandson, one who could never live up to him in his eyes.

"Yes, Grandfather," His voice quiet, unrevealing. Then he looked up his own crimson eyes steely and cold. The occurrence of him having been reminded of how little his grandfather thought of him leaving him stoic and almost lifeless. "I apologise for the predicament you have found me in, it's unfortunate that this is were we would come to meet after such a time. But I assure you, I have this under control. I wont allow this situation wont tarnish any name, Dagger or Wolves."

Art didn't know if anything could pick him up today, his grandfathers words tending to have a strong jarring effect on him. If this case didn't end well, his day was truly screwed. A nearby door opened, taking Art's attention, someone stepped through some nearby doors. A familiar face. See the Dagger family of course had there own legal team and through it many other connections. The gentlemen who had appeared spotted them and made his way over, a surprised glanced at Mephistopheles. Art had done a lot with this man, they were quite similar in age, and although Chester was young he was very skilled. Plus he was one of the few people Art knew that treated him with any respect. That was exactly why Artemis paid for his services. Art lifted a little at the sight of him, he was a pleasant change of pace for the uncomfortable situation.  "Grandfather, I'm sure you remember my attorney, Chester Locklaurd." Chester mimicked Art earlier bow.

"It's good to see you again Sir."  Before straightening up to turn to Art, "I managed to get you off with a fine and a warning. Thankfully those witnesses you brought in really sold your story. " Art's smile creeped onto his faces, as he recalled the lovely ladies from the bar who had rushed to defend him. "And there was also the lack of lacrima film showing you even throwing a punch, funny that." Chester said with a slight smirk of his own, he knew Artemis very well. After having got out of the grip of the troll dude, the fight had escalated quickly, involving other locals that wanted to take on the big guy and his bartender brother for personal reason It was during those moments, Art had managed to sneakily take out all viewing lacrima. Before diving straight back into the fight and pummelling the big guy. This wasn't his first rodeo after all. Down the hall you could hear the sound of yelling and furniture being smashed, clearly someone else had got the news, and they weren't happy about it. 

WC: 895
    Total: 2265

Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv65Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv65Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv65

Last edited by Artemis Dagger on 17th March 2019, 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mephistopheles Jäger
    Mephistopheles Jäger

Player 

Post by Mephistopheles Jäger 8th July 2018, 1:24 pm

The child’s saving grace was small and barely alive, but it was there. In those steely and cold eyes that stared back into his own that hold held frost, not even a flicker of warmth that had long died out from him. To have one sharing even a drop of his blood, to be forced to break gaze and collect themselves was a disgrace. Even more so when the one before them was a mere mortal, even one such as himself.

Lips parted, preparing to continue the verbal lashing. Appearance alone spoke volumes and the one before him was not one that assured him of the boy’s utmost efforts to ensure a polished name.

That was before the door opened and the familiar face of Chester appeared. Lips sealed politely in the presence of someone not apart of the family, or his retainers. Refraining from humiliating even the more undesirable blood-carriers of his in public. They were still daggers, the eyes of the commoners should not be ingrained with the sight of infighting.

“Mister Locklaurd.” Jäger responded with a polite nod of his head. No move was made to give the two privacy, as he stood upright staring at the Lawyer. His mind already beginning to finalize his view of the redheaded child. Something to do with women, an immature handling of his own pride and most of all. An inability to resolve it in a way to never reach the light of a courthouse. “All of the work you do to keep this grand-child of mine out of jail is appreciated by the family, please feel free to reach out to the main household if you require any aid.”

“Now, Artemis. I look forward to your letters about the Silver Wolves and your experiences within the guild. Even more so about any interests they are pursuing. A Dagger never stabs an ally in the back, and it would be unfortunate if I were to learn too late their interests conflict with the family’s. However, refrain from mentioning the vault if they inquire about artifacts. My collection is to be studied as I see fit, not to be a source of annoyance when another catches wind of it.” It was a polite and non-abrasive tone, and the coldness of the elder’s gaze was replaced with neutrality. But as polite as it seemed on the surface, the intent of every word was an order with all the authority of a blade at one’s neck.

He expected to receive letters detailing the child’s progress within the guild, of any artifacts the guild was making an objective to secure and most of all. For his personal collection to remain a secret. From the odd trinkets and momentos of his fallen allies, to the mythical weaponry that had not seen the light of day since he had last been resorted to using them in combat.

“And of course. If you require help with guildwork, all you need to do is let the family know.” A polite offer, almost like an afterthought… But that polite smile Jäger gave the boy was a trap, the moment that Artemis would resort to having to call upon the household to help with his job it would end in one of two ways. If it was deemed unworthy of the attention of the head of the Daggers, it would only bring far more disapproval at being unable to handle something Jäger would consider a simple matter. But if it was truly a dire situation than aid would be given…. With the possibility of repreminding for taking so long to admit it being out of his hands not so distinct.
    Artemis Dagger
    Artemis Dagger

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Artemis Dagger 11th July 2018, 10:39 am

It seemed that Chester’s couldn’t have come at a better time, cutting short the oncoming of more shaming from Art's grandfather. It was a welcome relief, his grandfather believed in keeping family matters between family. As close as Chester was to Art, he didn’t quite count. Chester offered Mr Jäger an aura of professionalism and respect as the lawyer raised his hand to his own chest in a gesture of humble grace. “Thank you very much Sir, It is all in a days work. I am happy to be of assistance to such a great and noble family.”

Art's grandfather then proceeded to direct his next instruction to Art, drawing his attention back from chester. His smirk switched back to one of seriousness as he listened carefully. Despite his grandfathers off handed display of allegedly interest in his work at the guild, Art knew now not to put any stock in it. The old man had no interest in his successes just anything that would benefit for. Plus there was the mention of his own artefacts, Art knew better than to not let slip about those. He rather valued his tongue, and those who talked went without.

”Yes Grandfather,” He replied stoically, not pleased at all that he would have to remember to forge something about his progression from now on. A crappy reminder that no matter where he went, he could not escape the hold his family had on him. Way to shit on my fun. He thought bitterly, although not allowing his displeasure to show. Then there was the final throwaway comment about offering their services. It was rubbish and he wouldn’t take it. He would sooner take an ass whooping than ask his family for help. Because asking for help was not something that went down well, it was just another thing considered weak. Why would he give them any more reason to belittle him? Not to mention owing his family a debt wasn’t that different than selling your soul to the devil. Although he had practically done that already.

”Thank you Grandfather, I will bear that in mind.” He lied to the head of the Dagger family, a polite smile on his face. Chester turned to him and took this pause as an oppurtunity to speak once more.

“Here’s some documents I need you to sign, confirming you’re acceptance on the terms. Should you wish for an appeal one can be arranged, but I personally wouldn’t recommend it. “ He handed Art a clipboard full of papers and a pen. Art took then, skimming through then, they all confirmed his sentence. Nothing out of the ordinary, he proceeded to sign them before handing them back to the attorney. It was at that point the doors down the hall burst open, and loud footsteps took over the quite hall. Arguing voices drawing Arts attention, his brow raised. It was the oversized bloke and his bartender brother.  Both were still sporting significant injuries from the other night. The bigger one had a neck support on, an unsightly black eye and swollen lip. The bartender, who was the more cowardly of the two, had a bruised cheek and a limp.  

As the walked along the big guy spotted him, face fuelled with rage. Art couldn’t help himself, despite his Grandfathers presence his demeanour changed. His expression formulated into a cool smirk, his body straightening in confidence as he prepared himself for the mans approach.

“You! You smug little shit, don’t think this is over.” He growled in Arts face, Art responded with a wide challenging grin.

”Now, now, gentlemen. No need to be sour. We all know it was a misunderstanding.” He responded casually. The bartender stepped up behind his brother, it was obvious he was smarter out of the two.

“Misunderstanding! I saw what you did, you nearly snapped his neck from all those punches.” Arts expression went cold, he still smiled but it was callous and uncaring like he’d do it again in a heartbeat.

“Perhaps, He should learn to keep his hands to himself.” His tone laced with the hint of a threat, he red eyes locked into the big guy, who growled and squared up to him.

“Artemis,” Chester said in a warning tone, but Art didn’t back down. It was bad enough that these two ignorant buffoons had come out here in front of his grandfather spouting all sorts about him. But here they were having not learned their lesson. No way would he back down, regardless of how this looked to his grandfather, he was not weak and he wasn’t about to give him a reason to think so. "Enough, if you gentleman pursue this the repercussions will fall on all of you, this is a house of law and the judge will not be so lenient over such behaviours. Do you wish to spend the next few weeks in a cell, or shall we agree to go our separate ways." Chester said, pointedly.

Artemis glanced his way, that was true. He had managed to get Artemis off with a slap on the wrist. But this was a court house, and there was no guarantee that even he would get away with starting a ruckus in a place of law. Artemis returned his gaze to the lump of a man before him, slowly easing into a smile.

"Gentlemen. My lawyer speaks a great deal of sense. We should go our separate ways and forget this altercation ever happened. Besides, don't you have a nice tasty cheque heading your way in the post, wouldn't want to miss that post now would we." Artemis said in a playful tone. He stepped away, turning to his Grandfather. "I wish you well Grandfather, I apologise for the inconvenience of my actions and will aim to do better to uphold the Dagger name." It was a lie, of course it was. The guy didn't give a shit about the Dagger name. But still, he had to hold his expression convincingly enough to persuade the 'old man' at least. "You will receive an update on my experiences at Silver Wolf by the end of the next week. Good day, Grandfather."

With that he turned nodded at Chester, he strolled away. making his way towards the exit. He did not look back. Because for one he didn't want to see his Grandfathers face, or know how he felt about Artemis's behaviour. He doubted the man would have been pleased to see how easily the boy could be egged into a fight. But that didn't matter, because fighting was just one of the things that Artemis loved. That and woman. Speaking of which?

He felt like now that he had enjoyed his fill of violence, perhaps he could distract him with the company of a good woman. He pulled out his iLac, flicking through the available numbers. Who would be up for a day or two of just fooling around. There was Jessica, Ariana, Michelle... He scrolled through the list until his eyes felt on a certain name. Oh yeah... Isabella... He thought smirking. If anyone was happy to enjoy a little fun without any strings attached it was Isabella, she was vixen if he ever met one, pretty insatiable too. At least, she was until he had his way with her. He enjoyed the way she always commented on how good he was at satisfying her 'hunger' for a while. He dialled the number and brought the iLac to his ear.

"Hey gorgeous, you free?" He said in a smooth flirtatious tone. He heard her sultry giggle done the phone,

"For you baby, always."

END

WC: 1274
    Total: 3539 / 3500

Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv38Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv38Family Court [Mephistopheles] Arv38

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 11:41 pm