Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Graverobbers and Necromancy [Job;Aura Sparks & Vincent]

King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Position : None
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 9
    Experience : 263,160

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Knight of Space
    Second Skill: Paladin's Armaments
    Third Skill:

Graverobbers and Necromancy [Job;Aura Sparks & Vincent] Empty Graverobbers and Necromancy [Job;Aura Sparks & Vincent]

Post by King Zenshin 14th May 2018, 5:18 pm

job info:

Some, Vincent knew, would be quite put off at the prospect of digging up corpses. This aversion was completely understandable, as there are quite a few negative images of one who partakes in such an activity. Most commonly, digging up graves is often and perhaps exclusively associated with short-sighted thieves looking to make a quick sack of gems by pawning whatever valuable heirloom was buried with the deceased. Less commonly, though, digging up graves was seen to be  the undertaking of wizards needing to practice magic which was generally frowned upon - necromancy. Either way, the images of less than scrupulous individuals conjured up by merely the mention of digging up graves is enough to turn off even the most hardened of adventurers from participating in the act, for what could be a good enough reason to disturb the dead?

Vincent had thought about this question briefly when he stumbled across the B-Rank job posted on the guild's message board - but quickly decided that he had good enough cause to take what he needed from the burial grounds located in the Cursed Lands. The only reason he hesitated in taking this job wasn't because of the societal and personal consequences of pillaging a cemetery, his work was far too important for those silly things to make him think twice, but rather because he had only just developed a new batch of spells that would put him, he believed, on par with what are called C-Rank mages in Fiore. Never being one to rush into danger without a plan, Vincent put up his own request on the guild's job board for one of the stronger mages of the guild to accompany him.

If the danger rises beyond my capabilities, I'll at the very least have someone capable to assist me he thought before waiting for someone to take up his job request. Eventually, someone did. Until this point, Vincent had generally kept to himself and tended to his various experiments. For this reason, he had never heard of nor spoken to anyone in the guild, but if he  was willing to take on a job of such a caliber then he was more than a capable companion for the mission at hand. Vincent's job request listed the Silent Cemetery as the location where they would meet up and listed 8:00 in the afternoon as the time one day after the job request was taken.

Vincent, of course, could hardly contain his excitement after his job request, or request for job assistance to be more precise, was accepted. With shovel in hand, he trekked from his apartment in Magnolia town to the Cursed Lands. He reached the Silent Cemetery with ten minutes to spare and took some time to analyze his surroundings. The cemetery itself was pretty large and was replete with tall trees lacking in leaves and color. Vincent looked up, it was the night of a full moon -perfect for providing him and his partner the light they needed to see any potential dangers or, in Vincent's case, where he was digging. From his pocket he removed a small crystal ball with what appeared to be golden paint tracing eight great circles around it. This crystal ball was of his own creation and would allow him to determine which corpse would be best suited for his studies.

He had read of the villages that once existed in what was presently called the Cursed Lands and that they were produced unusually powerful magi whose lives were cut short by unfortunate accidents. Over time, as more and more perished due to mysterious circumstances, the area got the reputation for being cursed and people soon emigrated to avoid the same unfortunate fates of those blessed with high magical prowess. This is but one of many reasons why the lands are called cursed. While unfortunate for those that succumbed to what was seemingly a curse, it worked out for Vincent as he needed the bones and belongings of particularly powerful magi to advance his research into rituals and dark magic.

I don't see any sign of the merchants. I would be surprised if they haven't already been killed by whatever dragged them into the Cursed Lands to begin with. Still, at least it won't seem like I will have any interruptions while I dig provided that my luck persists.

WC: 727
    Total WC: 727
    MP: 300
    HP: 300

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed
    100 Year: 1
    10 Year: 1
    S-Ranked: 1
    A-Ranked: 4
    B-Ranked: 4
    D-Ranked: 3
    Event Experience: 57,562.5
    Dungeon Experience: 2,325
    Total Experience: 263,160

Character / Vincent Gauss
    Primary Magic / Knight of Space
    Secondary Magic / Paladin's Armaments
    History & Notebook | Bank
    Golden Lacrima | Expires 7/9/2019
    Aura Sparks
    Aura Sparks

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Disparity
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 5
    Experience : 7,812.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Paper Summoning
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Graverobbers and Necromancy [Job;Aura Sparks & Vincent] Empty Re: Graverobbers and Necromancy [Job;Aura Sparks & Vincent]

Post by Aura Sparks 16th May 2018, 4:50 pm

It was only but a few days after Aura had finished the story about Little Red Riding Hood, but yet Aura was reading it once more. She was walking around the guild hall, hoping she could get her daily exercise in for the day. As she had her face shoved up into her book, she felt something big slam into her. As she looked up, she saw as the guild board covered the wall with tons of jobs. Aura just rolled her eyes and blew up the stray pieces of hair that fell out of place. As the hair got back in place, she looked back down at her book only to find that a request from the board was on it. As she read it, she realized that someone from her guild was requesting for someone to meet them for a job. She looked at the number on the page but didn't recognize it at all, but she did recognize the job. It was one that she had been looking at for a while, but she had no one to go with. As she contemplated the decision to accept this job proposal, she wondered if it would really be beneficial towards her. However, she thought about being able to recruit this guy to her elite team, and it would keep her mind off of her...her...parents. With a deep sigh, her eyes teared up but she dare not cry in front of her guildmates. With a swift motion, she took out her phone to type in the number on the flier. She texted the unknown number and said, "Let's meet for that job. Tomorrow is good for me."

Just like that, Aura traveled to the graveyard the next day. As she looked at the entrance of the graveyard, she looked back at the funeral of her mother, father, and brother. It was a very sad day to see the caskets of all three of her kin dead in their casket. It was planned by her parents' best friend, Kiara. She remembered as all three were dumped into their separate graves. She remembered people crying, but they didn't feel the pain Aura felt that day. Only if she wasn't so weak, she could've helped them...but yet she wasn't and she couldn't keep thinking about it. She shook her head in pain as she took her first step into the graveyard.

She felt chills down her back, like the times her parents told her scary stories at the family bonfire. They used to have them every single year, at least from what she could remember. It was so saddening because it felt like the memories of her family were beginning to dissolve as the memory of the fire took the places of them. She abruptly stopped in her place and shook her head once more. She realized that she was thinking too about her family again. She closed her eyes and tried to concentrate. As she thought with a serious voice, she thought to herself, "Why does this place have to remind me of my parent so much? What is wrong with me?" She opened her eyes once again to bring herself back to the real world.

She looked to her left and heard something. She thought someone stepped on something, but as she looked towards the noise, it seemed to be what looked like a campfire or maybe...a-a bonfire. She crept over towards it, being baffled by the fact that someone left a fire out here in the open but as she got closer she saw something...she saw her parents. As she looked towards the other side of the bonfire, she saw herself. Her younger self seemed to be four, and cheerfully swinging her legs around from the log she was sitting on. Her parents seemed very happy as they saw her daughter happy, and then her father looked down towards her mother's stomach to see that a baby was being grown inside it. Her father then looked back up towards her mother as both of them sighed with happiness. Aura felt as a cheer fell down her cheek. She went closer and closer to the little image, only to find that it was all fake. All of it wasn't real, just a trick played on her. Something was wrong about this little mirage though, the skeletons that were in place of her family came towards Aura.

With a scream, she backed away from the armed skeletons. One seemed to be fresh with bones that were a clear white, but the other 2 seemed to be very old due to the yellowness of the bones and the rotting away from their perfection. As she got stopped in her tracks by a tombstone, she got out her book to try and defend herself. As she opened it, she tried to look for the perfect summons for this job. After a few moments, Aura's hands were filled with the celestial keys of Medusa and Pinnochio. As she raised them in the air, she said out loud, "From the powers of wood and stone, come forth and join together and help me beat these evil creatures. Open gate of the liar and cursed! Pinnochio and Medusa come out of your gates and defend me from these evil beasts. They came out prepared to fight, but one of the skeletons wasn't. They seemed to be going another direction. Aura looked oddly as the skeleton inched towards a new area, but for now, she had to worry about these two.

Medusa raised up her bow as Pinnochio lifted his fist into the air. Both of them seemed ready to fight, but Aura had never actually seen the two work together. She wondered if they would actually do well together. With an energetic start, they went to action by Medusa shooting 2 arrows at the skeleton. The arrows were able to chip off a good piece of each of the skeletons' bones, but that didn't stop them. With that, Pinnochio rushed towards one of the skeletons and punched out a few of his bones. Sadly though, the skeleton didn't seem to be too happy about it and smacked Pinnochio across the graveyard and into a gravestone. He rubbed his head as though it hurt and stood back up. Medusa looked back at him and hissed at the ignorance of the wooden boy. This led her to be caught off guard though. As her head was turned, one of the skeletons raised his ax up and brought it down upon Medusa. Thankfully though, Pinnochio didn't have his head turned. So, whispered to himself as many lies as he could muster up, and created a shield upon Medusa. As she turned back around, she screamed but saw that the ax was stopped by a shield. When she turned back to Pinnochio, he put up a thumbs up to show that he did it. She semi smiled back at him and went on to outmaneuver the skeleton trying to hit her. She slithered around his legs and smacked it with her bow from behind. Then she constricted him while he was falling, and got tighter and tighter till all of his bones were turned to dust. Now that only left the-right as she was in though, Aura looked up to see a skeleton right next to her face. As it tried to stab her, Pinno jumped in front of her only to die by the strike of the skeleton. Aura felt a tear rolled down her cheek but she knew she had to keep fighting. Thankfully she now had the gear needed to defeat him, thanks to Pinno. With the wooden sword in her hands, she to raised it up and swiped it sideways in order to completely remove the head of the skeleton. It hit the ground with a bang as it slid off to the side, leaving Aura clenching her knees while breathing roughly.

wc:1326
    tc;1326/3250

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Graverobbers and Necromancy [Job;Aura Sparks & Vincent] HWW2YtMM_o

Active Jobs:
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Moderator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Graverobbers and Necromancy [Job;Aura Sparks & Vincent] Empty Re: Graverobbers and Necromancy [Job;Aura Sparks & Vincent]

Post by King Zenshin 16th May 2018, 7:43 pm

The woman's scream caused Vincent's attention to shoot over his shoulder to a part of the Silent Cemetery which sat a bit beyond the entrance. The source of the shrieking was seemingly a mage, judging by what sounded like an incantation for summoning magic. She must be the guild member who agreed to accompany me. Summoning, huh? That's always quite a strategically beneficial magic whether the opponent is alone or is part of a group. It doesn't look like I have anything to worry about after all! he thought gleefully as he picked up his shovel off of its resting spot beneath one of the dead trees. I should probably go assist her, lest she get the impression that I'm some kind of freeloader or burden. With that thought, Vincent began to walk further into the cemetery towards the woman that was currently in a battle with two animated skeletons.

By the time Vincent got to her location, she was already breathing raggedly after her intense skirmish. "It's nice to meet you, my name is Vincent and I hope you're the one who took my request for assistance." he said, formally and concisely conveying his current thoughts. "It's nice to meet you too, Lamia." he said to the half snake who had assisted the woman Vincent presumed to be his guild member. "While we're here I understand that you came to assist in the cessation of whatever forces brought these poor fellows back to life-" Vincent began, squatting down and picking up one of the bones of a felled skeleton, "-but I'm also here to dig up the graves of deceased powerful magi. I tell you this because I'm going to need you to stop any potential threats from disturbing me during the digging process. I hope that's alright with you." he said, plainly informing his partner of his primary reason for taking the job.

Seeing as how there are certainly dangers in this cemetery, I should switch into more appropriate attire he thought before shutting his eyes and focusing on his current clothing. After a moment, his pants and shirt glowed brightly before the light scattered away from him in small orbs. His clothing had changed from a t-shirt and slacks to his Apprentice's Robes. This was one of the newer spells he had developed in preparation for these kinds of dangerous jobs and was happy to see that it worked just as intended. Vincent could feel an overwhelming surge of magical power overtake him as he raised his right arm up to admire his handiwork. "That's much better" he thought aloud while putting his arm back to his side.

"Like the robes? I made them myself! But back to the matter at hand, it would probably be best to dispatch of whatever necromancer animated these skeletons before I start my dig. That way, the potential threats are minimized and you don't need to put in much effort to defend me - if you're okay with helping me of course. I definitely know that some people find digging up graves to be a bit... morally ambiguous - let's say." Before Vincent could continue, he heard felt the earth below him quake as if out of fear of what tread upon it. An image was beginning to focus in the distance behind his ally, and it only got bigger and the shocks only got more intense as it made its way closer to them. Behind him, he could hear the moaning of corpses. Fifteen corpses were currently moving towards both him and his comrade in a pack - slowly, but persistently.

"Fascinating! I've never had the pleasure of witnessing such a grand display of necromancy outside of the classroom. Since the magic is frowned upon for its use of corpses and dark magic, I rarely got exposed to it even at the academy! To see it for myself in the real world is quite an experience." he said aloud, hardly able to contain his excitement. This was the first real display of magical power he had seen since becoming a career wizard and he was awestruck. "I'm sorry, but I can hardly contain my enthusiasm! Here's my working plan - I'll take care of that lumbering behemoth due to the singular nature of my magic's offensive capabilities. Because you can summon, it would be best if you could take on the wave of enemies behind me." he said, believing that this rudimetary strategy to be sufficient in dealing with what amounted to puppets. "I postulate that the necromancer who's puppeteering these bodies must be using quite a bit of his or her magic and focus just to control so many at once. Even necromancy has its limits, and the limit in question that we're going to exploit is the lack of any strategic ability on the part of our friend behind the scenes." Vincent said before outstretching his hand and pulling his earthen spell book from the sanctum in which it rests upon a stone pedestal.

"Earthen essence lend me your power, provide me with a giant flower!" he said, reciting the a small but potent incantation he prepared in advance. The ground right behind Aura shook as from the dirt rose an intricate mass of interweaving vines which formed a massive Venus fly trap facing in the direction of the behemoth. "Please, fire at the lower half of that massive assortment of bodies before it can get into range if you will, Venus" Vincent asked, though it was really his way of commanding his monster to fire. A massive spine the which was an ebony white cone as tall as his partner and as dense as steel fired quickly at the massive target's lower half.

Because the target in question was so big, the spine hit even from about 40 meters away if Vincent had to estimate. The soft, rotting flesh did little if anything to stop the spine from melting right through the lower half of the Abomination. Before it even got the chance to begin charging the mage and his companion, it lost its lower half and was melting in a puddle of acid. Even still, the upper half of the mass of bodies which were seemingly stitched together were trying their best to claw their way forward. Vincent knew, though, that his acid would make quick work of them before they could get close enough to pose a threat to him and his ally.

WC: 1079
    Total WC: 1806
    HP: 300
    MP: 375 [+90 from Wizards Tools due to casting Apprentice Robes; -20 from Herbology 101; +5 from Apprentice Robes passive]

Enemies Types Remaining: 6 (3 of which are present)

Missions Completed

Aura Sparks
    Aura Sparks

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aura Sparks 23rd May 2018, 8:29 pm

Aura looked down towards the ground and saw some sort of shadow, she reached for her book as she swung the book at her face. Before she could make contact with the face, she realized that it seemed to be a human. It wasn't a skeleton like she expected before, but some sort of adult-like male with icy white hair. He had this aura about him that just felt weird to Aura. She wondered what it was, but she didn't think it was the appropriate time, because he was introducing himself. She laid a gentle smile upon her face as she looked at him. He said that his name was Vincent. She thought that that name was actually pretty unique because she had never even heard it before. Not on the road, or even her storybook. She saw as he called Medusa a Lamia. After reading the tales of Medusa over and over again, she knew that this was not going to end well

With a hiss, Medusa raised up her bow at Vincent and drew back on her bowstring. She held an arrow with grace as she directed all her eyes towards the man. She said with spite in her voice, "What did you just say to me?" She unleashed her full terror as her eyes turned green. They became the eyes of a vicious snake as she unleashed the arrow at Vincent. As it pierced through the air, it flew right above one of Vincent's shoulders into a tree behind him. She then hissed in front of his face and said to Aura, "Get me out of here. I don't want to see this fool for a while." As Aura sent her back to her realm, She looked over towards Vince and said to him, "Sorry about that, she has no control. She tried to eat me when we first met."

As that moment passed by, her partner seemed to inform her of the info on the foreseen job. He seemed to be examining the bones, which was sort of odd for Aura. She then muttered to herself as she stared at him awkwardly, and said, "What is up with this guy? Even people on the streets of the city called the 'Insane City' weren't as creepy as this dude." As she said that, she looked back towards that little adventure in that city and shook her body as chills went down it. She then reminded herself that there was company in front of her. She had looked back towards the mysterious man as he had found a new attire to wear. Question is, how did he change them so fast? Aura tilted her head at the mystery but decided that it wasn't the time to ask dumb questions like this. As she was about to go, the man seemed to tell Aura about the new clothing. She wasn't too interested though, but she was interested in his request to leave. She knew that it was probably best if they were to go, but she felt as something beneath her was rumbling.

She looked down at the ground to see that it was shaking. Even the rocks were flying around as each pulse came through. She wondered what the rumbling was, but then she saw it. She looked across the open graveyard to see tons of monsters infest the fields. There seemed to be 15 zombies and 1 huge monster. It was as though it was some sort of behemoth. Aura gawked at the site of all of them as they slowly came towards the pairing. As Aura was terrified, she saw as the partner next to her talked very annoyingly at the sight. He seemed to be way too fascinated about the zombies that it creeped Aura even more out about this guy. She rolled her eyes as she just looked at him awkwardly. She thought that this guy was a real creep for worshipping the dead. He had no idea how it felt to actually know the dead, or feel how the dead worked. She glared at him with anger as she pictured her dead family as the funeral popped back into her head again. It wasn't a huge vision this time, but a mere flash of the coffins. She felt a bit overwhelmed when she saw them, but she wasn't going to let that overtake her while zombies just ate at her. She was going to fight because she didn't live through the death of her family to die on a simple job like this.

She got prepared as Vincent told her the plan. He seemed highly confident in being able to defeat that large monster he called a behemoth. So, Aura let him while she dealt with those evil and disgusting looking zombies.

As she looked towards the zombies, she realized that she had the perfect summon for the job. The best at dealing with large crowds. With a loud yell, she reached into a page with the title, The Misleading. She felt as a key touched the tip of her hands. As this happened, she clasped onto it with ease and raised it up into the air. With a loud yell, she spoke, "Rabbit of white, help me and show these zombies that it's their times to rest in peace! Open gate of the timekeeper, White Rabbit!" As she spoke the words that came out of her mouth, mechanical gears shot up into the air. As they fell down, they evaporated into golden dust. Once the gears cleared, a white bunny with a stopwatch formed. He seemed to be a bit fidgety as he hopped around. He said aloud, "Wh-hat am I-I doing here mi-iss." With a serious look, Aura pointed to the crowd of 15 zombies ahead and said to him, "I need you to draw their attention so they come close to you. Once they are all near enough, you know what you have to do." With a sporadic nod, he hopped over into the middle of the zombies. They seemed to be clearly intent on finding the noise of the little bunny, As they all came towards the middle of the group, Aura yelled, "Now!" With a quick motion, the rabbit took out his stopwatch, as he pressed down on the little button it had. With an explosion, all time around the rabbit seemed to stop as the zombies froze, evaporating away into dust as the rabbit was left alone cowering into a little ball.

Aura smiled and said to the rabbit, "Good job. Thank you so much for doing that for me. I know you get really nervous and I'm so sorry I had to use you like that." With a smile, the rabbit began to calm down as it evaporated into golden flecks. He was going back to his realm where he got to frolick around in the fields. Aura smiled at the site and looked over to her partner to see if he completely fulfilled his end, or if he died. Either way, Aura would've been fine.

wc:1180
    tc:2506/3250

Active Jobs:
    King Zenshin
    King Zenshin

The judge

The judge

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by King Zenshin 24th May 2018, 11:18 pm

The Lamia was quite offended by Vincent's transgression of observation, prompting her to fire an arrow at him - an arrow which missed his shoulder by only a small margin before he could even react. "We have enough to worry about with the necromancer. If that creature of yours tries attacking me again then I will retaliate." he said coldly, not at all amused by the threat that the arrow posed to his well being. She must be a summoner if she has such little control over summoned 'allies' he thought before informing Aura of the job they had to do. First he was almost struck by a book, then an arrow, leaving Vincent to wonder whether or not his partner knew that he wasn't actually an enemy. After informing his mage partner of the job and while examining the bones of the skeleton, he heard some muttering coming from the girl. Before he could get a good listen, though, she'd stopped. Muttering to herself? Strange one I've decided to pair up with. I wonder if she's stable he thought while hoping that she was at least stable enough to make it through the job.

Vincent watched as the behemoth melted away into acid and was quite proud of Venus' work, patting it on the head as it shrunk and wilted away. It seemed as though Aura had made quick work of the zombie horde, confirming Vincent's suspicions that she'd be better suited for group attacks. "Given the chaos, I never caught your name. I guess I'll just call you what that little rabbit of yours called you: Miss" he said, half prompting his partner to give him her name and half letting her know what he'd call her in the meanwhile. "Also, I think I heard you call that rabbit 'time keeper?' How does that work? Did it somehow manipulate time to make short work of that horde of undead? I'd love to hear more about it!" he said enthusiastically. Any instance in which Vincent witnessed any kind of time magic was an exciting one, given the rarity of such a power.

Before Vincent could continue his queries, a voiced boomed. "Astonishing how quickly you guild mages were able to deal with my minions!" a voice sounded from nearby, clearly elated with the performance that he and his partner had given. Kind of foolish for the necromancer to reveal himself, though he's obviously a bit unhinged if he's killing indiscriminately to further his goals Vincent thought, his eyes traveling to the source of the sound. "I am Mortalis! The most powerful necromancer in the land! You fools will make excellent subjects for experimentation after my minions take your lives! Minions, show invite them to join you!" the necromancer commanded as four skeletons rose from the ground armed with swords and shields. Vincent rubbed his right ear with his index and middle finger, trying to alleviate the ringing in his ears from Mortalis' yelling. "This poor man really is delusional. We should get him to a hospital after this." he said to Aura, feeling sympathetic to the man who'd clearly lost his mind.

"Mortalis, I'd suggest acquiring minions who are capable of ranged combat. Your current ones don't pose a threat unless they're close and they don't move particularly fast." he said, genuinely wishing to assist Mortalis before knocking him out. "You dare mock me! How's this for ranged combat!" he said loudly before firing a ball of deathly energy at Vincent. Having heard Mortalis' attack in advance, Vincent had prepared to dodge to the left and did so. Little did Vincent know, though, Mortalis had actually fired three balls of energy to cover any small side steps that Vincent could do. His options were covered and he paid the price of his arrogance. Vincent was hit and fell to the ground on his back. The feeling of death energy coursing through his body could be described as less than ideal. It was as though a chunk of his stamina had disappeared in an instant and he felt much colder than before.

Vincent slowly rolled off of his back and onto his knees. He may be delusional but he, at the very least, has some semblance of strategy. I'll make sure to be more cautious this time around. He's still controlling the skeletons very well, it seems like he might be more skilled than I suspected. he thought as he slowly stood and summoned to his hands his other spell book: "The Dark Arts and You." "Miss, I think you should try and knock him out. I have a spell that can coincidentally deal with exactly four enemies at once. Troubled souls under the ground, assist against these skeletons now!" he said, mentally chastising himself for the questionable rhyme and inconsistent number of syllables. Four shades rose from beneath the ground and were on all four sides diagnol to Vincent. Without a word, Vincent pointed towards the skeletons marching towards him and his summoner companion. Each of the skeletons stopped in their tracks, ready to intercept his four specters. Instead of each black spirit taking one skeleton from, they all grouped together and flew behind the bone warriors.

Before the skeletons could move to protect their flank, the four specters picked off the skeleton farthest to the right by attacking all at once. As they flew away, the skeleton adjacent to the one defeated managed to land a blow on one of the four specters. Now, there were three skeletons and three black spirits. The skeletons are quick, I need to be more careful if I'm to keep them at bay long enough for Miss to intercept them. he thought, commanding his shades to stand between him, and the skeletons - far out of reach so that he may think of another plan of attack. "You fool! There is no strategy too clever for me to counter! My skeleton warriors will cut your specters down and you will be my puppet!" Mortalis said maniacally from atop a hill behind the skeletons.

So much talking, I wish he would- before he could finish the thought he instinctively commanded his specters to fly upwards and dove to the right. He'd noticed that Mortalis had been holding out his arm for his small boast. It had only just occurred to Vincent that he was charging a spell rather than making some dramatic gesture. Sure enough, a rectangular beam shot out from his hand and caught Vincent's legs on his way out of the area of effect. Thankfully, his specters were spared. "Quick on your feet, mage, but not quick enough! Hahahaha!" Mortalis said, mocking Vincent for being unable to dodge the surprise attack. He'd lost sight of Aura for the moment and hoped that she was close to making her move. For now, though, he was focused on the skeletons rather than Mortalis. There would be plenty of time for the necromancer after he dealt with the minions.

Vincent ran at the armed skeletons and drew their attention. Before he stopped a foot outside their effective range and they swung preemptively, missing him and allowing for his specters to come down and pick off another skeleton, its sword dropping unceremoniously to the dying grass below. This time, the three remaining phantoms safely got away before any follow up attacks could dispel them. While Vincent focused on making sure they got away, though, the two remaining skeletons who'd missed their downward swings brought their swords up and attempted to stab him. The wizard tried his best to jump back, but ended up with two medium sized gashes in his chest. I don't want to think about what terrible diseases just got into my bloodstream he thought, hoping that he could at least survive long enough to treat himself. He knew that his plan to get close to the skeletons was risky, but it was worth reducing the total to two.

The skeletons now seemingly forgot about his specters as they both started swinging madly at their caster. Vincent tried his best to backpedal, though he took another strike to the chest due to his sloppy footwork. This gave his specters ample opportunity to flank the skeletons and strike enough times for them to both eventually turn into a pile of bones. Finally, Vincent was done with his part of the plan. He dispelled his own specters and sat on the ground. While risky, it was worth that small sacrifice of my blood in order to create an opening... he thought as he cast Crystal Waters - taking what little water could be found in the dry soil below him and creating a sphere of brown liquid in front of him. In an instant, the water was clear and he applied some of it to his wounds and ingested the rest in an attempt to cure him of whatever toxins entered his blood upon being hit by such ancient weaponry. I hope that Miss is able to get her side of the bargain done because I'm at my limit. he thought, looking up at the sky.

HP: 140 [-220 from Mortalis' spells and Skeleton Swordsmen ; +60 from Crystal Waters]
    MP: 360 [+5 from Apprentice's Robes ; -20 from The Dark Arts and You]
    WC: 1523
    Total WC: 3329

Missions Completed

Aura Sparks
    Aura Sparks

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aura Sparks 27th May 2018, 1:21 pm

The man who had been getting onto the nerves of Aura had talked to her and seemed to have given her a nickname. Aura rolled her eyes at it and thought to herself, "The reason why he calls me Miss is because we have a bond. I don't need a silly pet name from him, but then again I don't want him to know my name either way." As she looked back into the real world, he wanted to know more about White Rabbit.

Even though she didn't want to talk to this guy, she knew that she would never give up a chance to talk about her summons. She was in so much love with every single creature she could summon because all of them had a story. No matter what, she had always cared for each and every single one of them. Each of them had something they needed to come back from, and defeat. She thought that her story herself was one that was in a storybook. She thought that it was only a matter of time before she defeated the sadness within herself.

As she opened her mouth enthusiastically, she started off her little tidbit about White Rabbit. To start off, she said, "Well you see, White Rabbit was just what seemed to be a side character in Alice in Wonderland, but he's so much more than that. In the real world, he was able to slow time, so Alice-" All of a sudden, a booming voice surrounded her.

With a yelp, she looked around to try and find where the voice was coming from. She was able to feel his magical source around her, but yet she couldn't see him yet. She was trying to zone in on the voice of the mystical necromancer as he was trying to speak. As she looked over to where it was coming from, there was a clear source of dark magic seeping from his body. Aura could feel as it drained her good will. All of a sudden, the serious moment was brought down by an idiotic comment coming from her partner. She rolled her eyes and thought to herself, "Takes one to know one."

All of a sudden, he summoned 4 skeletons with melee weapons. Another snarky comment came from Vincent and Aura rolled her eyes once again. She hoped for dear life that this job would end soon so she could never see this douche again. All of a sudden, Vincent was hit by a fireball sent out from the necromancer. She felt a smile come across her face as Vincent felt the pain coming from his back. Aura then took off the smile and hoped he didn't see that, because after all, what kind of guildmate would she be if she smiled at her own guildmate's pain.

He came back up and summoned some sort of book into his hand. It seemed like it was Aura's time to shine as he gave her the task of fighting the necromancer. As she snuck across the grounds, she took advantage of Vincent to be used as a distraction while the Necromancer was paying more attention to him. As Aura crept up, she summoned a being from a key she had bought from before. It was the key of the turkey and she was sure that it would be useful in this situation. As it popped out, Aura said to it, "Activate your food coma ability now!" She didn't want to sound too demanding, but it seemed like Vincent was starting to lose his fight, which made Aura worried no matter how awful of a human being he was. As the skeletons started to slow down, she looked over at the necromancer and thought that this was her time. As she looked over to the necromancer, she saw as he grasped onto his stomach saying, "Oof, why do I feel so full and tired. It feels like my stomach just ate a ton of human flesh." Aura looked at the necromancer worryingly but she decided that it wasn't the time to worry about his weird food diet now.

As she looked at him, she knew exactly who she should summon at this point in time. As she looked around, she took this moment to reveal herself and hopefully distract the necromancer from Vincent. As she stood up, she said aloud, "The double-edged sword! I call upon you to help me defeat this villain because after all, 2 wrongs make a right! Open gate of the thief, Goldilocks." As the outline of a heart went through the air, it showed one side being black while the other gold. As it spun around, it created a blinding light that disappeared showing Goldilocks. As she smirked, the girl knew her target immediately. She rushed towards him as fast as possible and with one hit, a blinding black light showed around her. This was the first time Aura had seen it, but Goldi was now in her Chaos form. The little blonde haired girl presented herself in a sort of insane way. Her eyes were twitching and she was biting her lips, hoping that they would get the taste of the Necromancer's blood. As she gripped onto the newly formed knife, she ran forward getting ready to draw blood from the necromancer.

However, the necromancer created a wall of bones that stopped Goldi in her tracks. She yelled aloud, "Do you really think this can stop me? I can smell your blood from here and I will not stop until I can draw it." Aura said aloud to Goldi and said with a scolding voice, "Hey Goldi! Remember we're not allowed to kill. You can draw blood but please don't kill him." With a deep and annoyed sigh, Goldi rolled her eyes and said, "Fine, whatever you say." All of a sudden, a scream could be heard from the other side of the wall as Goldi phased through as she turned into a shadow. Aura couldn't see past the wall, but right as the scream happened, the walls came down and Goldi had a smirk on her face. There was a drip of blood on her face, so she took her finger and got the blood. She tasted it and looked extremely satisfied, which allowed her to go away on her own back to her realm. She looked over to Vincent to see him on the ground with wounds across his body.

Aura walked over to him and said to herself, "I can't believe I'm doing this." As she looked over his body, she got her turkey and said to it, "You know what to do." As the turkey did his little ability, a roast chicken on a plate was on the ground. Aura placed it on the chest of Vincent and said to him, "Eat this and it will heal you. I'm not going to stay, so do what you want." She walked off into the distance as she found the hidden captives and brought them back to the guild hall where they would be taken care of.

wc:1188
    tc:I'm not calculating all that so just going to say I'm done

Active Jobs:

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 1:49 am