Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Next Step (Job)

KatherineNeel

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,862.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Next Step (Job) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Next Step (Job)

Post by KatherineNeel 25th May 2018, 5:00 pm

Breakdown

Saryn responded to her story first by addressing the curse that afflicted her. As she continued on though, the floor began to sizzle beneath her feet as she sat up and the girl stood and stepped back to avoid the spreading ruin. She listened quietly to what she said, not saying anything back to her. She wanted to argue that her past was anything but beautiful, only the words that followed those softened her and she remained silent, a glowy blush blooming in her cheeks at the kiss that was left on her forehead. But then... Katherine froze at something in particular. She stared at Saryn with wide, almost fearul eyes.

Take her to the ruins? Just being as close as she was already made her chest feel tight, but actually going back to them? That was asking for a disaster. Not even asking, begging. However, this woman had promised to help her and had already done so much for her. She couldn't help wanting to pay her back and do as she asked, no matter how much she knew it would wreck her. Hesitantly, Katherine nodded. "Follow me..." She said softly and exited the rendezvous, trusting that the woman would be close behind.

-

The air that surrounded them felt thick and suffocating to her and despite the lack of necessity to breathe at all, she found it hard to do so even out of habit. As they drew nearer and nearer, the fear and anguish that sloshed inside her stomach began to eat at her and burn a hole through her calm. Though she paled and her limbs were reluctant to follow her orders to keep moving, she kept on until they reached the very edge. From there one would see something that could only be described as a graveyard, however of unconventional means. All that stood before them were scattered remains of stone walls and gravel paths that were overgrown with new foliage. The place was littered with piles of charred material; wood beams, grass patches, shrubs. Things that had been killed too much to go through a rebirth. The thing Katherine's attention first went to was a large black plot in the farthest end, where her guild had once sat. The next was a much smaller plot, that of her childhood home, closer to the field-cutting river that now only trickled. Her heart space ached with emptiness and she stood frozen in place, her hands clenched so tightly that her nails cut into her palms and drew her paste-like blood to the surface to smear all over her skin. Her eyes welled with tears but her face was otherwise emotionless, numb even. Suddenly she was hit with a flashback like a gust of chilled mountain wind and she gasped, blinking out of her daze and making a choked sound. Painful. Unconsciously she took a step back, but once she realized what she'd done, she made an extra step forward to make up for it. She had to be strong and do what Saryn had asked of her. But oh was is difficult. Probably one of the most difficult things she had ever done; not topping the list, but adding to it.

Katherine blinked her tears away or rather, down her cheeks, and opened her mouth to talk. The first attempt was sticky, her lips almost glued from pressing them so hard, and her voice croaked so she took a breath and swallowed. Turning to look at Saryn with wet eyes she whispered, "This is it."
    ( tags: 24/30 . words: 589 )
    made by jinx of adoxography

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm canceling myself.
    Sayrn
    Sayrn

Dragon VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Guild : Crystal Swan
    Experience : 262.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayrn 4th June 2018, 9:55 am

The Next Step (Job) - Page 2 CrNO3Ua
    WC
    TAGGED
    Post 25/30
    This is where any notes or fancy quotes/song lyrics can go! If you don't need it, simply delete the text within this space. It will scroll if needed
    The ruins themselves were nothing if not basic, a site once filled with human life now returned to times embrace with nothing but a whimper. But the reactions of her compatriot her partner and now charge and friend Katherine proved the life that once lived here, and in some ways still does. She let the emotions well over Katherine as she observed the reactions, how every fiber of her being wished to hold back the emotions until she was inflicting wounds on herself just to keep herself sane. In that moment as she spoke to Sayrn she would lean down, a knee on the ground and a hand on the womans shoulder, "Let out the emotion, it is not okay to hold it in, Ahote and many in Basilisk Fang would call your emotion weakness but it is your strength." Pulling Kath into a deep and powerful hug she would continue her talk, "Don't hold back, let it all out you need it more than anyone, you need to see your emotions and feel them." Perhaps it was more for her own sake she wished to help Katherine or maybe it was the similarities she saw in them.

Before long the time had faded and Sayrn would set up a campfire in the area sitting next to the blaze as she calmly watched the stars. Thinking back on her history it was obvious this place meant a lot to Katherine and she would sigh before standing up and looking towards the woman, "Come morning we return to the mountains, our job here is done, but you need to know one thing about that guild." She had known for a while that change was coming she felt the same air there as was before in many other guilds. "If I decide to leave and you wish to remain, I will leave you a gift, you are the only one who may use it but it will allow you to visit me, despite the age gap we hold I think of you like a daughter, and it would be a shame to lose you if I ever left this guild." She held to allegiance to Basilisk Fang and never had, her allegiance was held with Famine and no one else but she still hoped for more from Katherine she had much growth to come.
    STATS

HP:
    MP:
    Current Durations:
    Current Cooldowns:
    Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    The Next Step (Job) - Page 2 I34skwWf_o
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Next Step (Job) - Page 2 V7lUCnJz_o
    KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by KatherineNeel 4th June 2018, 10:46 am

Floodgates

She was trying hard to hold back, to keep everything locked inside as she thought was best to do. Saryn disagreed. With tears streaking her cheeks and her bottom lip caught painfully between her teeth, she kneeled and kept her fists clenched in her lap, sticky with her own blood that leaked onto her borrowed pants. She couldn't bring herself to care. She felt Saryn touch her, a gesture meant for urging and consolance, but she barely responded, not even looking up to meet her eyes. But when she hugged her... Katherine felt herself crack. The sob that was trapped in her throat fought its way out and the girl clung to the woman that held her close. Her fists unclenched and her fingers dug into her back, gripping as if her after-life depended on it. As Saryn spoke to her, telling her to just let it all out, she clutched harder and somewhere in the back of her mind hoped that she wasn't hurting her. She cried, loudly and without restraint. The same kind she'd done a decade ago the day she found out who she was and near all of her memories came crashing down on her shoulders. The same kind... when she discovered that everyone she had ever loved was dead and she hadn't even gotten to say good bye before she threw herself into a battle that changed her life forever.

-

Katherine sat with her head between her knees, staring down at her bare feet and watching absently as she curled her toes into the dirt. The heat of the fire was comforting, but could only do so much to bring her back up from the low she seemed to drowning in. She'd cried all of the tears her body could conjure and was now dry-eyed and hollow, tired even. Sleep would have been nice then...

She jolted out of her limbo and looked up at Saryn, who was standing opposite her on the other side of the pit. She couldn't help furrowing her eyebrows at what was said. What more could she possibly learn about that retched place? And then, instead of furrowing them, she raised her eyebrows. Her lips parted in shock and a strange feeling flooded her empty chest, like a pang. "Like a... daughter?" Her hands trembled as she sat up and forced them back through her hair as she took in this statement. She didn't really know what to say. If it meant what she thought it did, then Saryn would be the first to harbor such feelings for her since her own biological mother walked the earth. This information was staggering, could even be life-changing if she let it do that much.

Katherine stared at Saryn like an awe-struck child, wide-eyed and slack-jawed. Slowly though, a smile spread and graced her lips and she laughed.
    ( tags: Post 26/30 . words: 476 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Sayrn
    Sayrn

Dragon VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayrn 7th June 2018, 11:07 am

WC
    TAGGED
    Post 27/30
    Perhaps the laugh was a form of levity that she needed in that moment, a certain calm before the storm as her own smile crossed her face before quickly fading back to the previous melancholy. It was not at least to her like these thoughts were vastly incorrect, she had killed before in the name of good, working with the darkest legal guild seen to date but now when she killed it did more than nothing to her sense of self, no righteousness or even guilt. These factors alone had begun to perhaps scare her in a way, a woman who once cared too much if she took an innocent life became this... Cold unfeeling serpent in a way and it was disturbing to think of, but more so now, Katherine reminded her of an old fact. There was a reason she could not bring herself to remove the Lamia Scale emblem from herself, why that legal guild's mark is carried with her despite her actions in recent years. At the end of the day perhaps a part of her wanted to make amends for her creations, for her actions that have resulted in the deaths she so callously trained herself to prevent.

Yet as her eyes fell on the young girl named Katherine someone who once held these actions of righteousness and proper form for a legal mage was now bound in scar and blood to a dark guild. It reminded her all too greatly of her own issues, her own past in that regard and seeing it happening to another, it made little sense to allow. At the end of the day however there is no option for her to choose, if at all possible it would make sense to avoid having her kill but it is impossible in this environment to prevent it forever, she could only think of two solutions. Either she remained and gave her a mentor who could take on the dirty business herself, or destroy the guild from the outside, systematically remove the dark guilds who would seek to harm or corrupt her. As she stood there thinking a small chuckled would escape her as she reached her final though attention soon returning to Katherine. "I am not joking however, there will come a time when Basilisk Fang will change, I can feel it in the air, and when it does my time will come." she sighed, knowing this news to be harsh but true.

STATS

HP:
    MP:
    Current Durations:
    Current Cooldowns:
    Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by KatherineNeel 7th June 2018, 2:20 pm

Hush

A lapse of silence fell between the two for a few moments, not at all painful or awkward which was something Katherine was happy to go without. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply, absorbing the heat of the flames before her and for once... feeling calm. Saryn broke through her drifting thoughts then and brought her back to attention, making her eyes snap open and catch her gaze. The girl sighed and picked at her cuticles.

"Whether or not Basilisk Fang changes is not of concern to me," she started, dropping her hands into her lap and staring at Saryn with sad eyes. "I just want to find happiness again. I want to find a home in someone and have a purpose so this blasted curse doesn't weigh me down anymore. I'm tired of being alone, of being hurt... She paused and took a breath. "Saryn, we haven't known each other long, but our relationship seems to have blossomed rather quickly and I am indescribably grateful for your newfound presence in my life. I wanted a purpose and I've found one thanks to you. It is clear that you don't want me put in harm's way, but it is the same on my end. I'd ask you not to get yourself hurt because of me, I am stronger than I look." She quirked her lips into a half-assed smile. "What is it you will do when this time comes?"
    ( tags: HP: 200/200 MP: 200/200 . words: 240 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Sayrn
    Sayrn

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayrn 7th June 2018, 7:39 pm

WC
    TAGGED
    Post 29/30
    Indecision wracked her to the core, what would she do when leaving the guild? It was known to hunt deserters like dogs with vigor much like Sol was and even now she knew the new leadership was dangerous to underestimate. "I don't know, I might try and find the redemption I once searched for in the beginning, to live life as a free woman once again no longer held back by the expectations of my bounty..." She honestly held no plans for the future but redemption was a tempting offer, "If I so decide that I wish to pursue that path... I would rain hell upon the dark guilds... Save the ones capable of redemption... And slaughter those that were a threat to the safety of others." This of course was a limited thought killing was a hard thing to do when legal and even more so with the current legislature but she would find ways.

Looking over Katherine she would sigh and give a smile as she lifted a small orb out of her pocket, "This is an access lacrima for my lab, you may have it, once you use it once it will only let you inside no others, this way we can keep in contact despite out different paths." Looking at her with a smile Sayrn would give her head a soft little ruffle before turning her face to a grim position, "I think it's time to get ready to head out for now." Giving a smile she would attempt to morph her shape a smile on her face before a blue glow to her body and a splitting headache caused her to drop to the ground a look of terror on her face as this happened, "What is..." And before long she was remaining in her normal shape panting. "I can't... Shift?" This was a surprise to her but with a sigh she would offer a hand to Katherine, "Shall we go my daughter?" and with this they headed to the station.
    STATS

HP:
    MP:
    Current Durations:
    Current Cooldowns:
    Spell1:
    Spell 2:
    Abilities Used:
    Weapons Used:
    ivyleaf33 of FTRP

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by KatherineNeel 8th June 2018, 8:14 am

Bloom

Upon being handed the lacrima, Katherine would stare at in slight awe. They really have advanced quite a bit, haven't they... The orb would allow them to see each other provided Sayrn ever left the guild. The possibility of her leaving was somewhat saddening, but the fact that Katherine would still get to be with her in a way was comforting and dulled that momentary ache in her chest significantly. As the woman ruffled her hair, the girl smiled delicately and stowed the lacrima away in her pocket. She'd have to keep it there until she found a safe place to put it though.

They'd be leaving then, which Katherine was glad for. Despite having spent nearly an entire night basking in the shadows of her past and becoming fairly numb to it's pressure, she was still eager to leave and never return. She would stand from her seat, mentally prepared to just get away from this depressing place, but Sayrn's failed attempt to shift would make her halt and stare at the woman with deepseated concern. Purely out of instinct she would have asked if she was okay, but she'd already seemed to have brushed it off and so Katherine put her worry away for the time being. Sayrn then offered her hand and once again addressed Katherine as her daughter. Words could just be words, but these made a warmth bloom in her chest and she couldn't help blushing. Taking Sayrn's hand, she would squeeze her fingers briefly and nod.

-

Basilisk Fang was in no way, shape, or form, something Katherine would consider material for a home. But with this new bond she had, that dark place seemed to become more of one. Just a little. At the end of the day, it never would be. She knew that for a fact.

Being with Sayrn made Basilisk Fang feel less awful and she almost couldn't wait to get back.

[END]
    ( tags: Post 30/30 . words: 323 )

I'm canceling myself.

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 1:43 am