Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian

Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Pride of a Mercenary
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,168

Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian Empty Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 14th January 2018, 10:44 am

Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian PGMkCor

Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian 161ee0cb-591e-4fe1-a174-a56cbc05e4b6

NOTES

TAGS.
    WORDS.
    STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down
    Enemies
    NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "
    Writing code Dark Red

"To save a life, I must fight for more than Ideals."

Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian 2Cvofe6

- Aemon

" "
    Assassination contract:
    The cold air that whipped about through the entire range of Phoenix mountains now kissed against his covered body instead of the open and empty space that was the usual in the snowy mountains. Aside from wild life no human made a habit adventured up there unless there was something of importance to deal with such as a job which is what brought Aemon there on this particular day for he compare to most other people avoided these mountains the most. The memories he had when he was last in this region of Fiore were less than pleasant. His recollection of the heat that felt as his first home or what he thought would be his home, the guild hall of Eclipse soul burned to the ground by a mysterious force and ever since he made sure to personally stay away but a job is a job. He wore his usual attire consisting of black armless body armor that covered his entire torso, a red shroud that covered his arms from his wrists up to his shoulders and tight over his upper chest held in the back with a fastener, his pants were black with gray straps keeping it tight to his legs and black metal boots to match. This was all hidden underneath a tan cloak that covered and protected him from the cold blowing wind only revealing his head. His walk stopped upon meeting an all too familiar ledge, the ledge that rested above the ruined remains of Eclipse soul.
    His eyes locked onto the burned fortress and narrowed remembering his shortened time there, "Never thought I would be back here." he said outloud only for a voice to respond, the voice in the back of his head, Ddraig the welsh dragon, "Do these remains mean something to you?" His eyes became less narrow upon hearing the question, "You were inside me when i was here. You don't remember this place?" the answer came quickly following the question, "I do not recall this place. You only accepted my powers any time before then I was unable to witness due to you denial of my power." Aemon closed his eyes and nodded, "Ah, that would make sense I suppose." he paused and slid down the side of the ledge until he was on the former grounds of the guild. "This was the first Guild I joined upon coming to Fiore." he said plainly walking towards a burned and broken wall and touched it just as Ddraig had something to ask, "How did it become like this? Was it attacked?" Aemon shook his head unsure how to answer it, "Honestly I don't have that answer. All I know it a massive explosion erupted from somewhere in the fortress, flames of black scorched just about everything, the force was enough to throw me through the window." He shook his head and shrugged, "That's enough rest, we have a job to do. Lets take care of these bandits and call it a day."

template by Darkee

Last edited by Aemon Trahaearn on 21st March 2018, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian 14e642f
    KatherineNeel

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 1,862.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian Empty Re: Rendezvous at Phoenix Mountian

Post by KatherineNeel 14th January 2018, 11:20 pm

Bitter Heights

Katherine knew she should not have been on that mountain. She knew of her own tolerance, or lack thereof, to lower temperatures, but she needed money and she was getting desperate. For the last few days she'd had nothing but scraps to eat with what little pocket change she had. Her stomach grumbled at her and she paid it no mind, keeping her steady march, determined to succeed and have a decent dinner for once.

The cold had begun to seep through her thinning cloak and her tearing sweater into her pale skin, gooseflesh rising across the back of her neck and shoulders. She could feel the energy beginning to leak from her body and she panicked a little. Losing her strength at a time like this wasn't acceptable, she had work to do. The mage shook her hands out and tucked them underneath her armpits, trying to think of some way to keep herself warm. All of this walking she'd done had been slow and tedious and didn't help much to conserve heat. She'd have to run the rest of the way. Physical activity was supposed to help, right? With a momentary pause, she scoped out her surroundings and eyed what remained of her ascent. No other options presented themselves so she broke into a sprint. It was almost ridiculous and she felt moronic doing so, but if it meant prolonging her livelihood as long as was possible then she'd do it. At first, the air bit her cheeks and nose and it burned to breathe, the rest of skin prickling from the exertion. Soon though, it was working just enough that she couldn't feel anything but the lightheadedness that usually came with these situations. Katherine was beginning to feel slightly more optimistic about the whole ordeal. Maybe she wouldn't blackout this time.

She kept her sprint despite how tired she was becoming, her crimson locks waving behind her like a burning flag. With her tattered clothes not being of much help to keep her warm, she was glad she'd thought to do this. The many holes that had picked their way into her too-big navy sweater made channels for any of the bitter wind to nip at her stomach; that on its own being a major discomfort for the woman.

She'd come up fairly far and grinned a little at her progress only to trip over her own feet moments later and slam face-first into something hard, yelling out a harsh "FUCK-" She'd only call it a 'something' because she couldn't actually figure out what it was until after she'd fallen back on her tracks. The red-head landed ass-first on the ground, flopping stupidly onto her back and cradling her now-aching nose. She groaned painfully as she tried to draw back the breath she'd suddenly lost, resting into the dirt and peeking open her eyes. Only one could she actually see with, the right, while the other had been faded to a pale blue as a result of her blindness. The bloody hue stared up at a man; tall and clad in a cloak similar to her own, but newer. Her eyebrows scrunched in confusion, her nose still covered by her pale digits. She'd run into some strange guy's back.
    ( tags: Thought, "Dialogue" . words: 542 )
    made by jinx of adoxography

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 17th January 2018, 6:18 am

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    Perhaps it was his focus on the remains of his former guild preoccupying his thoughts and feelings that  caused his perception to falter, perhaps it was that he was positioned upwind and was unable to catch the scent of a newcomer, or perhaps it was his conversation with Ddraig the dragon that occupied his soul, about what this place was and the events that took place that left him unprepared for the events that were to take place. From behind he felt something strike him with enough force to nudge him forward enough that he had to reassign his footing to prevent himself from falling forward. Had he not heard the word Fuck be uttered seconds after the impact happened he would have never guessed someone actually ran into him. “Di.. did someone just run into you?” Ddraig asked confused himself by what had just taken place. Aemon looked over his right shoulder and then the rest of his body followed stopping just short of a full 180 degree turn to see that it just wasn’t anyone, it was a woman on the ground holding her nose. "Yeah, a woman." he said to the voice in his head before walking over and kneeling down near the feed of red headed girl who was no on the ground because of him. "Are you alright?" he asked her but the dragon like usual had something to say, “You brute. You knock the poor girl down and that’s all you have to say?” Aemon kept his face calm
    And composed but in the back of his head he was actually shocked by the dragon’s comment. "What else would you have me say?! I didn’t do anything." a vision of the red dragon’s face popped in his head and it exhaled Red energy through its nose, “you could try to apologize.” It said.

Aemon hasn’t actually done anything that warranted an apology but he couldn’t help but feel some regret. Aside from the red nose that she nurtured her skin was pale, he sweater had holes littered over it and the cloak that sprawled open was no thicker than a shirt. "Let me help you up miss." Aemon said as he extended his hand in an honest attempt to assist her, if she chose to accept his hand he would help pull her to her feet or if she decided to get up herself he would meet her. "I apologize, had I expected someone else to be in this area I would have been more observant.” he would say to her as sincere as he could muster before leaning down to inspect the growing red mark on the center of her face. If he hadn’t felt bad before he certainly did now but unless he opened his wings he couldn’t provide aid but that was until his ears picked up on a sound emanating from her
    stomach, a gurgling sound that usually meant that you were hungry. color=#8B0000]”As compensation for your nose and fall would you allow me to treat you to some of my rations?"[/color] he asked her but without giving her a chance to answer he walked over to one of the broken walls and burnt was. He took a seat against it and from under his cloak he pulled a knapsack filled dumplings he had made himself. Had she decided to accept his offer he would pull from his weapons factory a long red coat meant for the snow and let it draped over her shoulders as she ate, "So tell me miss. What would bring a girl clearly lacking clothes for the cold all the way here?"

template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 17th January 2018, 10:34 pm

Light

She didn’t know what it was about him, but when he turned around to face her after catching his footing… She stilled with a barely audible squeak escaping her throat. Her eyes widened a fraction and a faint blush bloomed across her cheeks as she stared up at him with her hand still hiding her throbbing nose. Katherine hadn’t ever seen someone like him before; with skin so warm and deep compared to hers, bright emerald eyes and locks as purely white as fresh snowfall. Her heart skipped a beat and there was a spike in her magic for a moment, ruffling her hair with a bright burst of flames. Though it had been short lived and she hoped not too noticeable, the pink color dusting her cheeks turned into an unforgiving red and she bit the inside of her cheeks in embarrassment. That had never happened before and it boggled her mind, but the reason was clear. The butterflies in her stomach made it obvious. The mage found this man attractive, and it troubled her that it was so, because that was not what she was there for. Mulling over the fact that he held a foreign beauty she’d never witnessed the likes of was nowhere near acceptable considering what had just happened.

In the midst of her mental tirade, he’d asked if she was alright. She’d been about to answer before he mumbled to himself or, seemingly, something invisible to her eye. Her ancient mind tried its damndest to process his mumbling, but it the end she decided to ignore it as there could have very well been a reason that she didn’t care to understand. Katherine took his hand as he offered it and let him pull her to her feet. The warmth of the contact shot through her arm and reinvigorated some of the energy she’d lost. She took a breath of relief and sighed briefly, staring blankly at his chest for a moment before she realized that she had to look up. And fairly far, she had to say. Their height difference was staggering and she leaned back to better see him.

The man voiced his apology, but she was utterly confused. He had nothing to be sorry for. "There is no need for such manners, the fault is entirely mine, I assure you." She spoke softly, her voice quiet and with a slight strain from her travels. "I should have been more watchful of my path-" She paused when her stomach growled again. He'd obviously heard. The mage tried to interject as he offered his rations, but he'd already gone to sit and rifle through his things. She followed, but only in an attempt to stop him. She really didn't want to be a bother; after all, she'd just run face-first into his back. "No, no please don't. I'm not deserving of your kindness. I-"

The smell of homemade dumplings wafted up to her nose and she shut up, her mouth watering awfully. She tried not to let her mouth hang open, as it was unladylike to do so, but she failed in slight with her lips being parted the tiniest bit. "I suppose a little wouldn't hurt..." She mumbled and took gingerly what he offered. She could only stare at it for a good while in disbelief before she finally started to eat it, taking the smallest of bites in order to make it last as long as possible.

Katherine flinched in surprise when the man laid a red coat over her shoulders. It was much too large for her small figure, but oh was it warm... She couldn't help but relax into it as it protected her from the draining cold of the mountain. His question stopped her mid-chew. She blinked and turned to face him with a full mouth and swallowed slowly. "Lacking...? Uh, why am I here, right. That is a good question." She started choppily. "Job. A job, I came here for a job. That's right. Right..." It was clear that she was half talking to herself at this point. Despite what she'd previously thought, the cold had gotten to her a little too much and made it difficult to recall her current purpose. "My apologies, I seem to have become more disoriented than I'd anticipated. The cold and I don't mix well." She tried a laugh, only it came out as more of a scoff. She stared at him for a few moments before she finally spoke up again. "I feel it's appropriate that I introduce myself. My name is Katherine; Katherine Neel. And, if you don't mind my asking, you are?" She stuck out her hand, the pale digits seemingly like a doll's compared to his.
    ( tags: N/A . words: 789 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 20th January 2018, 7:26 pm

NOTES

TAGS.
    WORDS.
    STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down
    Enemies
    NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "
    Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    There was a moment where time just sort of stood still, where the rest of the world stopped around them while the interactions between them kept going. He had kept his face calm despite feeling some sort of worry for the girl he had accidently knocked to the ground but during this initial moment he noticed something aside from her physical characteristics, he noticed her facial expression had changed the moment she actually locked her red and blue eye onto him. Her eyes had widened and her cheeks had a fresh rosey color that was enhanced by the fact it had a such pale skin to rest upon. It wasn’t an expression of fear, pain or sadness but instead an expression he didn’t recognize it at first however what happened next gave it more clarity for him, a sudden increase in her magic and a uncontrolled flare of flames from her gave away not only what her magic was but what her current emotional state was, it was embarrassment. After the moment with her flames time seemingly returned to normal around them and he did as the dragon in his body suggested he do and luckily she took him up on his offer to allow him to help her back to her feet. Due to the temperature of that his body gave up her hand seemed extremely cold in comparison but what was strange and even Ddraig noticed it. The moment that their hands had made contact she seemed more lively and even some color came back even but there wasn’t too much of a difference.
    Despite apologizing on the behest of Ddraig she didn’t outright accept it but instead told the red dragon that his manners weren’t needed at that was her fault completely and even said she should have watched where she was going. He didn’t disagree with here entirely, had she paid more attention she most likely wouldn’t have ran into him and this was true however not fully correct either. He should have been more open to his surroundings and thusly should have been able to stop her long before hand. "You may have a point to what you say. However it's inexcusable that I had been so lost in my own thoughts that I wasn’t aware of your approach. Luckily for me you weren’t looking to attack me or someone sniping from a distance." he paused a moment and gave a gentle smile, "And if I am to be completely honest I am much more content with a pretty girl hitting me than someone’s projectile."
    It was only after his comment that he noticed her stomach grumbling for food and made the offer for her to join him and partake in a meal. He didn’t wait for her to respond instead he sat at a wall and began to unpack his food and let his actions speak for him. His eyes glided from the food up to the girl who had followed him but instead of taking him up on his offer she had began to decline the food but in a way that was a little degrading saying something to the effect that she wasn’t deserving of it. He heard this and simply held the dumpling higher in the air to allow the aroma of the food to each her nose, fully confident that between her stomach yelling for food and the smell of delicious food would be more than enough to change her mind and he was right. The way she eyed down the dumpling and her mouth hung open were proof enough of this but her giving into his offer was confirmed when she took it from his hand and joined him in eating. Feeling that he had made her more comfortable between the food and the coat which she had relaxed into and gotten cosey, he felt it was a good time to spark a conversation and started off with why she was in the mountains and lacking any real clothes for the cold. Her answer wasn’t exactly what he had expected but she did answer the why she was there part by stating she was there for a job but seemed unsure of herself almost disorientated which his mind went to when she ran into him but that guild was snuffed out before it could root. She stated that the cold and her didn’t get along. A question formed in his head but he wouldn’t get a chance to ask it due to the girl introducing herself as Katherine Neel and asked him for his name, "Not at all. My name is Aemon Trahaearn pleasure to meet you Miss Neel." he stated and reached out with his hand and gently wrapped his dark skinned fingers around her pale ones and with just as much gentleness shook her hand once before releasing it. Of course with the introductions out of the way he would be able to ask his own questions now, "If you don’t mind my asking what sort of job would bring you here and furthermore why don’t you have any sort of clothing designated for the harsh climate of the Phoenix Mountains? Were you unaware of the constant snowfall?"
    template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 20th January 2018, 8:40 pm

Heart Strings

"P-pretty?" She'd mumbled, just before her stomach had interrupted. Now she sat facing him with food in her hands and a warm coat on her shoulders. He introduced himself as Aemon Trahaearn, which she thought immediately was a very strange name, but only because she'd never heard anything like it. Everything about him was foreign and that fact brought some form of excitement into their situation for her. He shook her hand gently and once again she felt herself recooperate. She tried not to sigh in relief, as everytime they'd touched she felt brighter, more awake. As she'd expected, he had more questions. Everyone she met did; she wasn't exactly the most readable person and sparked curiosity in many.

"Ah, well... It's a hitman's job, I suppose. It isn't the type I'd take normally. I don't particularly care to kill, but if it must be done..." She trailed off but was then stunned by his question after. He'd mentioned her attire again. "That's..." Katherine looked down at her hands with hunched shoulders. She studied the holes in her sweater, remembering exactly how they'd gotten there and felt suddenly melancholy. Popping the last bit of the dumpling into her mouth, she puffed her cheeks and shut her eyes, contemplating what she should tell him. First impressions were important and so far she'd destroyed her's completely. She pulled at her bangs nervously before she finally turned back to him, but didn't meet his eyes. "I... can't afford new apparel just yet. Well actually... I haven't been able for years now... So many years..." The mage jolted, realizing what she'd just said. She met his eyes once more. "Ah, that's not important! I-I'd like to ask the same! Why are you here?" Katherine had unintentionally raised her voice and she blushed again. Clearing her throat she said, "Er... Um, what have you come here for and also..." She scrunched her eyebrows curiously and grabbed at the coat to wrap it around herself tightly. "Who were you talking to before?" She had really tried not to think about it, but the longer she spent talking to him, the more she wondered. Maybe he hadn't meant for it to be said aloud; she'd heard of people having a conscience that they talk to, perhaps it was something like that? It'd be a shame if it were something else. She thought. Such an intriguing work would be ruined by a disorder like that. Katherine mentally slapped herself. After all these thousand plus years, she still hadn't learned that to think such things about people was rude, even if you didn't say them. She hadn't let her thoughts be known, but she felt bad and frowned a little.
    ( tags: N/A . words: 451 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 2nd February 2018, 8:29 am

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

ki

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    Aemon looked at the girl as she mumbled the word he had recently said the word was pretty which was used to describe her appearance. While to him it was nothing more than a simple and subjective point she had seemed rather surprised by the compliment. Whether or not he was meant to hear this however was another topic, his enhanced senses due to the dragon that was housed in his body and soul but regardless of it he still responded, “Yes. Pretty.” He would state simply before he acted on the offer and began to eat the food he had brought with him in her company of course. Over the course of the meal they would engage in the standard rituals of conversation beginning with introductions followed by questions, the latter he initiated by asking her why she was here in the Phoenix Mountain ranges which she explained she was on a job. After another round of questioning it was revealed that she was on a hitman style job. This answer was surprising, by pure coincidence he too was on a job that could considered a hit or assassination contract however the surprise was hidden as his face was a calm and cool mask not giving away any hint whatsoever. When the time was right he would attempt to pry into the details of her hitman job but that would be later. As to the question he posed regarding her apparel it was a much sadder answer in its sheer simplicity, she couldn’t afford clothes and this was something he was unable to hide. Here before him was a young and attractive lady braving the harsh climate of this mountain range completely unprepared for the cold let alone combat.

The shock of her answer costed him the ability to speak on the matter and gave Katherine the opportunity to inquire to why he was there but rephrased it once to sound more refined which was able to make him smile but also she asked him a rather shocking question in regards to who he was speaking to earlier during their encounter. Staying true to his mask he held a calm expression and held it well, but the dragon had made it difficult and the only he could hear in the corridors of his soul laughed. . Did I really speak to you out loud in front of her? he mentally asked Ddraig. “You did indeed.” He said with a grin that Aemon could mentally picture the grin without actually seeing it. Why didn’t you mention something early you good for nothing freeloader. the laughter resumed as the dragon responded. “I had no idea that she actually heard you but it certainly is amusing. Good luck.” He said before he went quiet. While he was conversing with Ddraig no more than a fraction of a second had passed in the world outside his mental landscape and he had to think of something fast. He had zero intention of drawing attention to Ddraig, he preferred it if his powers remained secret for now and luckily he had a rather good excuse to why he talked to himself. "I wasn’t speaking to anyone in particular nor am I ruined by a disorder." he paused and gave the girl a smirk to signal he was amused by her comment, "I am simply a little out of sorts. You see these ruins we rest upon are the remains of my first home in Fiore. Not long after my arrival it was destroyed. So I am a bit out of sorts ever since my arrival to this place." he said plainly and as convincingly as best as he could manage but whether or not he was convincing enough was yet to be seen. He took his final bite of his dumpling and stood up and looked down at her. "Now that you have eaten I think we should address your current situation.", held out his open hand with the  palms up where he gathered blue colored particles to slowly and form a stack of clothes. There were very similar in style to what he was currently wearing in the form of blackarmor for her body but unlike his was created with long black colored sleeves. "I can’t very well allow you to face not only this weather but wherever your target is alone. he had found his opening for the question he wished to ask to fish information, "I will turn the corner here so you may have your privacy but perhaps you can tell me who your hit pertains to." he rounded the corner and pressed his back flat against the wall facing out into the wintery tundra before him where he would wait for her to come around or call him back.
    template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 2nd February 2018, 4:26 pm

Kill Her With Kindness

Did I say that out loud? No… I’m sure I didn’t. She thought with slightly raised brows and lips pressed into a thin line. Aemon had taken a moment to reply, but he reassured her that there was nothing wrong with him aside from a bitter recollection. She couldn’t help but believe what he told her, as she was in no position to be doubtful. He’d fed her after all. Apparently, this place held significance to him; a previous home that had been destroyed. She could sympathize. Her own home had been destroyed, but she had yet to return to it for reasons she’d rather not think about. Otherwise, she might break down and that wasn’t something she was too fond of doing in front of someone she’d just met.

“Oh,” Was all she could manage. Do I apologize, or…? Avoiding her own past was making it difficult to show how she really felt, so she just smiled sadly. A reflex, she’d noticed. If there were no words to speak, make a face. Clearly, that would be situation-dependent; if she smiled inappropriately, she’d probably die.

Before she could say or do much else, he conjured a stack of clothes between them. Katherine didn’t know how to feel and just stared at him, at the clothes, then at him again. They looked similar to his own, which made her chest flutter and she had to scold herself mentally. Would you quit being so easy? Damn… It was much too kind of him to do such a thing for her, considering. Way to kill a stranger with kindness… She’d been rendered speechless. Even though she opened her mouth to speak several times, nothing came out and she blushed again.

He stood up, requesting that she tell him more about her job when she was done and rounded the corner. She jolted from her stupor, now alone… -ish. She wondered if she would even be able to change with how cold it was. It would be best to make it quick since she couldn’t exactly ask him to keep her warm. Just the thought of it-- No. You put those thoughts back. Change, idiot. She sighed at her conscience and readied herself for what might be best called a cold-streak. Holding her breath, Katherine removed her cloak and her sweater after. The winter air bit her bare skin immediately and she yelped in shock. “Shit!” She ground out the curse through tightly clenched teeth. With shaking hands, she shoved her pants down her legs and nearly slipped. She refused to sit down and make the task easier; there was no way in hell she was sitting her ass on freezing cold stone unless she had a death wish. As soon as she got them off, she kicked them away and yanked on the new clothes as quickly as she could.

Katherine reveled in the warmth they provided, releasing a sigh of content and hugging herself to soak it all in. She held her hand in front of herself curiously, snapping her fingers. A small orange flame lit the tips and she smiled. “Ah, thank god…” Letting the fire fizzle out on its own, the mage braided her hair to the side to keep it out of the way.

Turning to face the wall her new acquaintance had disappeared behind, she stepped over and peered around the corner. She whistled shortly to get his attention.

“Hey, thank you,” she said, smiling more brightly than before, pearly whites and all. “I feel much better now.” Clearing her throat, she pulled a more serious expression and stood next to him. “If I remember correctly, I was told it’s an assassination contract. Copycats or something. Really, not ideal, as I said before but… I need the money.” Previously, she’d thought about bringing the scrap of paper with her, but she couldn’t read it anyway so what would have been the point?

Katherine was visibly more energetic than she had been when they first ran into each other, bouncing lightly on the heels and toes of her boots and gesturing flippantly as she spoke. Her pale skin had regained some of its color as well.

Turning to face him fully and tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ear, she asked, “I’d only assume you’re here for a similar reason, if not the same? Unless it was just a visit, but I doubt that because not even I have-” She shut up. The topic of her own home was off limits and she’d nearly let it slip. It was on her long list of flaws that she blurted things when she got excited, more specifically, things she wasn’t supposed to talk about. She did wonder though if he could tell how old she was. She hoped not. Such information wouldn’t be so easy to digest, she was sure. Especially with the added mystery of her youthful appearance. Despite what he might think, she was quite literally an old soul. But he didn't need to know that; it was virtually irrelevant.

"Ah, what I mean is..." She tried, but couldn't come up with much. "I doubt because... It can't possibly be enjoyable to visit a place with painful memories connected to it?" Her statement ended up sounding more like a question. She turned away from him awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck and pursing her lips.
    ( tags: N/A . words: 900 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 22nd February 2018, 6:08 pm

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

"To save sometimes one must Destroy."

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    Aemon noticed the sudden change in her body language after he answered her question regarding his mental state. Her response was a single word, “oh” and she adorned a smile hiding a sadness. Aemon assumed that the sadness was meant for him and his home being literally burned away and gave a genuine smile, "There is no need to be sad Ms. Neel. That happened sometime and I’ve since gotten over it." he said which for the most part was an authentic answer, he was over it as far as the sadness went but his desire to destroy the one who destroyed it was another story. The story he was more interested in was the one that Katherine would share regarding her job but that would only happen once she changed into the clothes that he had provided her. He had half expected to be faced with a question regarding why he was being as kind as he was being and why he was helping her. The answer was a simple one, it was what wanted to do. For much of his life before he left the sanctuary that acted as a home for the remnants of his family, he was told what his being alive meant and what his duty was. Certain expectations were presented before him and while not being afraid of a challenge he didn’t much care for it. The ambitions of his family, the desire to retain the family’s lost nobility and become some rules wasn’t what he wanted to do with his life. “So partner what’s the plan?” Ddraig asked him as soon as he turned the corner and stared out into the empty space in front of him. I thought that was pretty obvious or were you sleeping again?. The dragon gave a small chuckle before responding. “Oh I was paying attention. You intend to help this young lady that much is certain but what is your plan? What are you planning?” Aemon smirked and closed his eyes, coincidentally my reasoning for being her is similar to her’s. She is here for some sort of hit and considering where we are the chances that we are here for the same job are high. he would break his attention away from Ddraig for a moment when he heard Katherine curse while changing causing an amused smirk to grow across his lips but his attention was given back to Ddraig as he spoke, “You need the help from girls to finish a simple hit?” The question provoked his aura to reveal itself around him, tracing his body in a red aura, I'm essentially hunting bandits. I doubt I’d have much of an issue destroying them utterly but I don’t know how many I will be facing at once and clearly this girl has some aptitude with magic. Could make it easier. he said letting the aura fade away. “And what if she turns out to be a liability?” He would shake his head in disagreement, There aren’t liabilities. If she isn’t strong enough to help in combat perhaps she has support capabilities and if that isn’t enough I am sure I can conjure a pretty good plan.

His mental concentration on Ddraig and the conversation that he was having with the dragon was broken when the sound of a whisper bounced off his ear drums and he turned his head just enough for Katherine to enter his line of sight. The moment they made eye contact he was thanked by her and genuinely seemed more lively now. In truth the outfit actually fit nicely on her. He only estimated her measurements when he materialized the clothes but he was pleased that he was correct. "Nice to see a smile." he said plainly after she stated she felt better and that is when his question would be answered. She said she was on an assassination mission to take out the copy cat bandits. He smiled when he found that his earlier assumption was correct. He watched as his red headed friend pulled out a bear identical flyer to the one he had. He was surprised when Katherine came up with the conclusion that he had to be there for the same reason she was but of course deducted that if he wasn’t there for a job of similar nature than he was visiting his former home but quickly eliminated that as a possible reason reasoning that no one would voluntarily go to a place that housed such sad memories. He pulled out a small piece of parchment that had been folded into a small square and hidden on the inside of his cloak and smiled. "Very astute. As it so happens you and I are on the same mission." he would hold it out for her to take if she wanted. "So my initial hunch was accurate and it looks like my act of kindness works out for the both of us." he pulled his arm back into his cloak and smiled at her. "Since we both have the same mission and have both eaten and rested why don’t we wrap this mission up so we can leave this wasteland." He pushed off the wall and picked a direction to walk in.

He had slowed his pace for her to catch up and once he did he would slow it down to match hers so he walked nearly side by side with her. "This mountain range is full of tunnels and cave systems which are all good against the cold but there is a spot south of the guild hall where several of those systems open out into a clearing." Aemon spent a lot of time traversing the area when Eclipse soul was destroyed and remembered how that clearing would make a great place to set up an encampment. "It is the most likely place we could expect to find a large enough area for bandits to camp out at." After explaining how he knew this information he felt it was a good time to get into the details that were important for the job. "Katherine you say you came here to take on the bandits and you were alone. What sort of abilities do you have at your disposal?"

template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 22nd February 2018, 9:49 pm

Fast Friends Apparently

It was as easy to ignore his comment about her smile as it was to ignore a thorn in your hand. Virtually impossible; but having a viable reason to dodge the reaction that bubbled to the surface made it quite simple to hide how she really felt. She pulled herself out of her awkward spell when he held out a folded square of parchment for her to see and confirmed that they were indeed on the same job. They'd both been correct in their assumptions and Katherine couldn't help but be a little thrilled. It'd been quite some time since she'd had someone to accompany her. Aemon was offering her the paper, which she gently refused by nudging his hand back with her fingertips. It was likely that whatever it was she wouldn't be able to read it anyway, so there was no point in taking it. He pulled his arm back into his cloak and smiled at her, to which she couldn't help responding with a slight quirk of her own lips. As he said, his efforts were definitely not wasted and she followed as close as she could behind him. Her legs were shorter than his and it took a tiny bit of extra effort to keep up, but she did just fine. Luckily for her, he did slow his pace a little and she eased into a more comfortable walk. She listened to him explain the terrain to her, genuinely interested as it wasn't common for her to explore these areas of Fiore. His explanations were quite helpful. The mage glanced up at her new partner briefly when he asked about her abilities. She wondered how she might be able to keep her answer short and simple, as her magic seemed fairly complicated to some.

"Ah, well... it's fire based, but probably not like anything you've ever seen." She started, steepling her fingers in front of her and tapping them to her lips as she thought. "It is... tricky sometimes, but if the intent is strong enough it can be quite damaging. Emotion controlled magic can be such a pain sometimes." She dismissed these facts with a shrug. "However, if the attacks aren't enough I can assist with healing at the very least. That is if you need it." Katherine sighed through her nose and pursed her lips as she tried to find something else to add. "If this goes the way I think it will, I shouldn't have a problem conjuring the worst I have to offer. Anger is, of course, the most powerful emotion and considering what happened the last time I killed someone... Well," She laughed to herself. "We will have no issues. I can almost guarantee it."

Katherine flicked her braid over her shoulder and looked up at him with a curious glint in her eye. "And what might you have to contribute? Besides the clothes and food, of course. Which I feel I must thank you for again; strangers are never usually this kind." She touched his arm to show her sincerity before pulling away to fold her hands behind her back.
    ( tags: N/A . words: 520 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 16th March 2018, 7:25 am

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

"To save a life sometimes one must Destroy."

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    Luckily for them the snow wasn’t very deep so trekking through the snow was simple and the time seemed to flow by as he was explained the information he had with Katherine about the area and the potential spot for the bandit’s camp to be located and that is when the topic of their abilities came up with him prompting it. She had explained that she had the ability to control a unique sort of fire that she can control with her emotions and could even utilize it in offensive situations but she also had mentioned she could heal if needed which was coincidentally what he told Ddraig in order to cool his jets a bit about his choice to help the girl so overall it was a small victory to say the least, "A unique fire you say? It wouldn’t be dragon slayer magic would it?" he asked curiously fishing for more information about her but of course Ddraig had something to say, “Are you serious? You can’t tell that she isn’t a dragon slayer? And you call yourself the red dragon emperor? HA!” He mentally scolded his tenant but kept his physical expressions the same as they had been. Of course I can tell she isn’t a dragon slayer, if she were I would be able to sense a dragonic presence within her. I am just fishing for more information so I know what I’m working with. he mentally paused and then finished with, and I have never called myself that ever. it was a dead title that was attached to his true magic just as everyone else that has ever held Ddraig’s power but despite it being a bestowed title he never accepted it. As the conversation went as expected, after explaining her abilities to him she in turn asked about his own abilities which he already had his answer ready to go. "I mainly utilize weapons in combat." he said plainly and while he could have left it there he decided to further explain, "I have a lacrima implanted in my body that allows me to store weapons that I own and produce exact replicas of said weapons I can create several replicas but after the first one they lose their overall quality.” he looked down to where Katherine was walking next to him, mainly due to the difference in their height, "For combat what is your preferred method close range or from a distance?” he only asked because they were approaching the entrance to one of the cave like tunnels that lead to the clearing he had mentioned before. He had aptitude in both fighting with his swords as well as playing the distance game with his bow.

Aemon approached the mouth of the cave and entered ahead of Katherine. More than likely there was some sort of patrol considering how many cave systems that could possibly exist it be stupid to have anything less than a guard or two. Aemon looked back at Kath and smiled, "Do you wanna go ahead? I can cover you from behind. "

template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 16th March 2018, 9:57 am

Slivers of the Past

"Dragon slayer magic...?" she asked slowly with furrowed brows, fleeting memories of her childhood coming up from the depths of her foggy mind. The last time she saw a dragon, she was 11 years old and there wasn't anything about the creature that made her think it needed to be killed. "Is there need for such a thing now?" The idea that there might be made her a little sad, but she brushed it off. "Um, no though. It's more like... a Phoenix." That ancient, beautiful bird, older even than her. It was her teacher's inspiration for the magic; the reason it was so finicky and frustrating at times. He'd once told her that her lack of control over her emotions made her the perfect person to use it. Ironic, considering her mother had always tried to stiffle them and turn her into a numb, empty shell of a girl.

He used weapons, and a good variety she gathered. How he kept them all was what shocked her.A lacrima? Inside his body? she thought and looked up at him strangely. People are putting those things in their bodies now? How much has the world changed? She stared down at her feet for a moment, utterly lost. "I still have so much to learn about you modern people..." she muttered, not at all intending for him to hear what she said and she hoped he didn't. It was times like these when her age caught up with her and she had to adjust even further.

They were coming up to the opening of a cavernous tunnel and as they did he asked her about her method preference when it came to fighting. "Up close and personal," she answered. "It's easier to stay angry that way." She looked into the tunnel with a kind of awe, Aemon going in ahead of her but turning back toward at the last second.

Her? Take the lead? That was an insane idea. Why is he smiling at me?

"Uh...no. No, you can," she said, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. "You know this place better than I do anyway." It occured to her then how stupid she had been to take this job on her own initially. She really had no idea what she was doing. Alone she wouldn't have failed, but the task would have been much more difficult. She just got insanely lucky that she ran into him. Literally.
    ( tags: N/A . words: 409 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 26th March 2018, 4:15 pm

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    Aemon’s eyebrows raised up upon hearing her response to when he did asked if her magic was dragon slayer magic which seemed to be completely unknown to her which in this day and age while they aren’t exactly as common as they once were but most slayers, dragon or otherwise were known about, some were quite famous either as heroes or even guildmasters. ”I’m not sure if you are joking but yes Kath, that is a thing. I’m quite surprised you really do not know what Dragon slayer magic is. It’s been on existence for hundreds of years.” he said matter of factly. Kath clarified that her magic was connected to the mythical bird known as a Phoenix. Aemon’s expression shared just how curious he was regarding her magic but even more curious was Ddraig, “A Phoenix huh?” He tried to say plainly but there was a hint of awe in his voice and Aemon picked up on it immediately, What’s the matter Ddraig? Did she say something? Aemon wasn’t asking in his usual belittling tone that they typically had with each other but with genuine curiosity to what caught Ddraig’s interest. “It may be nothing but having a connection with a Phoenix’s magic could create a pretty potent power.” Aemon mentally hummed to himself before asking the question that popped in his head, How does a Phoenix’s power compare to a dragon’s or in this case your own? The question was a valid one to ask and as such Ddraig didn’t take any offense to it. “The phoenix has existed longer than Dragon Kind however while it’s flames are arguably more potent than a fire dragon’s its power is considerably lesser.” So you met one of these Phoenix before? Ddraig confirmed it, “Only once and no there was no confrontation between it and I. It lives an over all peaceful existence.” He seemed confident in this and left the topic go and returned his focus to Kath so he could actually explain his own abilities but he only shared the Weapons Factory that existed in his body which looked and acted like a magic. He and Ddraig both agreed without a word that this was the best way to go about it unless he actually had a need to use his magic, aka when the weapons just weren’t enough. Kath shared her interest with the ability but more of how there was a lacrima actually in someones body which she commented on how she has much to learn about modern people, an unusual comment to say the least but Aemon felt it best to not ask about it now they were at the cavern and it might be best for them to focus on that task first and foremost but had there been time after perhaps they could have a sit and converse some more.

As they entered the cave’s mouth the question of strategy was brought up by the red clad mage and it was about how Kath would prefer to fight which she had said she prefered to be in close combat mainly to effectively draw upon her emotions to aid in her magic’s usage which anger she specifically mentioned. Aemon gave his confident smile as his right hand lowered to his side where a storm of blue particles gathered like a swarm of fireflies and soon enough they stopped moving and became solid creating a quiver of arrows held at his hip while in his left hand those same blue particles gathered until his fingers wrapped around the grip of a black matte bow. He had suggested that Kath lead the way seeing as he would be doing mostly distanced combat but she made a good point that since he knew the way that he lead but of course before he could actually change his weapon or change her mind the cave now had another sound which was the sound of footsteps that weren’t theirs. "Looks like it won’t matter much now. We have company." roughly ten meters before them two men rounded the tunnel and now stood before them, “Oi! Who the hell are ya?!” the larger man said. Aemon’s eyes went past his rather ugly face and focused on the large weapon strapped to the man’s back that resembled a hammer. When Aemon didn’t answer he looked at the smaller of the two men who spoke next. “You deaf? He asked you a question!” but Aemon ignored him as well and studied the man’s appearance. “Didn’t ya hea…” However that was as far as the runt got before Aemon interrupted. "Yes I heard you both. Just don’t care what you have to say. Wade and Randy Booklet." His face was still a stone mask with his eyes narrowing just enough to show a hint of emotion. “Oh yeah? Would you care if we took out the anger you are causing us on your pretty girlfriend there?” The question broke his stone mask and his brow furrowed in anger not addressing the girlfriend comment he responded, "A mistake you wouldn’t live long enough to regret.." he was saying but with a lunge forward and his meaty hand reaching for his hammer the older brother looked to follow up on his promise to do harm to Kath however that plan would be foiled. Aemon already moved and jumped in the air between Kath and Wade with his bow lifted and his right hand having the string fully drawn and a red arrow in place to fire. With a twitch of his fingers the string was released and the arrow soared through the air and into the right shoulder of Wade causing his course to alter as he dropped to the ground. "Wade Booklet you were already going to die today but you have now shown your corwardess by attacking an unsuspecting girl. I don’t enjoy killing but this I will make an exception." He readied his bow in front of him and smirked, "I will however wait until you are ready." He pulled an arrow from his quiver with his right hand but didn’t nock it, instead it remained down by his side as he waited for Wade to prepare himself. The large man stood and pulled his hammer from his back holding it in one hand. "Do you usually use one hand or is your other arm too injured from my arrow?" Wade snickered, “Me arm is fine. This is a paper weight to me but for you it might as well be a boulder.” Aemon’s hand was relaxed, but in a swift motion he lifted the arrow into the air, knocked it and released sending the arrow straight for the man’s chest but that was blocked by the hammer. No more words were exhanged as Wade charged with the hammer over his shoulder and swung horizontally at Aemon’s ribs. Aemon back stepped out of the range of the hammer as he simultaneously drew and knocked his arrow to his bow but didn’t draw yet. He waited for when Wade would move next which was an arching back swing aimed for Aemon’s head but such a wide and clumsy attack was easy for him see coming. Aemon bent his legs and lowered his center of gravity just as the hammer got close letting it skim over the top of his head pushing is slicked hair slightly. He would push off his bent legs so he jumped back to give him space to pull his arrow back and released it into arm that wasn’t holding the hammer. He pulled two arrows out of his quiver holding one end between his index and middle finger and the second between his middle and ring finger. He fired one just high missing the Wade while he rapidly knocked and fired the second arrow aimed for Wade’s face to which he lifted his hammer to block. What Wade didn’t know was that these arrows always adjusted their angle to hit the target so the first arrow that had seemingly missed adjusted itself and dug it’s point in the center of Wade’s back severing part of his spine forcing any and all feeling in his legs to numb causing him to a kneeling position. "Checkmate." He pulled back on the bowstring, creating another red arrow made of his mana and released it sending the arrow right at Wade. Aemon repeated this three more times slamming a total of four mana arrows into Wade’s chest which put an end to the eldest of the Booklet siblings.

template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 27th March 2018, 10:08 am

These Ancient Bones

Hundreds of years? Well, that explains it. I was asleep. Katherine would think to herself as he revealed that Dragon Slayer magic was well-known and, she guessed, considered 'old' to them. "Ah, well it's difficult to explain. Maybe some other time?" She offered, laughing awkwardly. This she said with confidence that after this job was completed they would never meet again and she wouldn't have to tell him how old she really was and why considerably modern concepts were a subject of gray area to her. He stayed silent for a while, with a look of curiosity about him. She couldn't blame him but with such little confidence in herself, she wasn't cocky.

Aemon smiled confidently and she quirked an eyebrow. How could one person smile so often? Not that she was complaining, really. It was pleasant to look at if she were honest with herself. A refreshing change of personable scenery, as it could be put. Katherine then watched in stifled, childlike awe as he conjured a quiver of arrows and a bow from blue particles. She hadn't ever seen anything like it, but before she could focus too much on it, it was made known that they weren't alone anymore.

Looking in the direction of the new footfalls that approached and hearing the low voice that called out ahead of them, the tingling of a flight or fight decision came upon her. Of course, she would choose to fight. That was her job, but it didn't stop the twisting feeling in her stomach or the rising of her heart into her throat which choked her slightly. She swallowed the sensation, keeping her attention on the men before her. Their size made her feel puny, but perhaps that could be used to her advantage. The girl eyed her partner, hoping to gauge his actions when he spoke, interrupting the larger man who was speaking. She wanted to smirk at what he said, but then...

"G-girlfriend?" She squeaked, barely audible to the normal ear, as what he said dawned on her. She couldn't help blushing at the comment and looked down at her clothes. The two were near perfectly matched and she sighed in slight annoyance. Still grateful she was, but it had to be the reason he'd said that... right? Not because they looked like a couple in any other regard, surely. What she really should have focused on was the threat because she almost missed him coming forward until Aemon stepped between them and blocked his attack route. As quickly as she had ever seen, he shot an arrow into Wade's shoulder and the man dropped to the ground. Katherine flinched a little as she watched. However, she imagined it would be something she'd have to get used to and she blinked out of her momentary shock. He seemed to have things under control with the eldest brother and she couldn't simply stand around waiting for him to save her ass; she had to do her part as well.

Throwing a side-eye to the younger of the two, Randy, Katherine cringed. A nasty sneer grimed her face just looking at him. He was disgusting; a heavily obvious lack of hygiene and an attempt to fit a rotten stereotype that was laughable. What a disappointment, she would think. He caught her look and shared a glare, perfectly provoked. Just as she wanted. With her partner and his brother distracted with each other, they had a great opportunity to fight each other. By this the girl would, of course, intend to show that she wasn't just a girl, as many might assume. He came toward her at a fast pace, clumsily and in the split second before he could grab at her, she made a smooth evasion and ducked between his legs to leap up behind him. She slammed her foot into the forward curve of his spine and he did little in response but stumble. But this was good enough for her. He whipped back to face her and swung at her with his club in hand. How primitive... Ugh. Her hand shot up and she gripped the worn wood of the thing, crushing half of it into splinters with a surprising amount of strength from her dainty hand and letting the rest burst into flames the same bright shade of red as her eye. He growled at the destruction of his weapon and swung at her instead with his fists. Again she would block him, her forearm meeting harshly with his, and glare at him with such intensity that his soul very well should have burst like his club had. With a scraping grit of her teeth, Katherine grabbed his wrist and pulled him down so her knee would meet his face with a sickening crack. A broken nose; she'd forgotten the joy of inflicting such an injury, but she didn't let that curb her anger. As he came up, his nose dripping (or rather gushing) with blood and his gaze disoriented, she brought him to his knees with a low blow. She took his head in her hands, a palm covering either ear and gripping firmly. And just for some extra flair, she lit her hands and engulfed his entire head in flames. She grimaced at the sound that escaped him as he burned slowly and opted to put him out of his misery so she wouldn't have to hear it much longer. With a quick twist, his neck snapped and his body fell limp to the ground. She released her grip on him and kicked his now smoking form away from her so she wouldn't have to look at him either. The feeling she had as she turned away from him, now dead, was a mixture of pleasure and guilt. Mostly guilt. While there was a satisfying factor to taking a life, she'd rather not. It made her feel dirty. However, in the long run, she'd just saved a lot of people a lot of trouble. That was something to be proud of, right?

With an irritated sigh, Katherine wiped her hand on her knee, the one that had gotten bloodied by the bastard she just killed. The blood not being her's was what grossed her out and she frowned as she rubbed her thumb and forefinger together, smearing the crimson fluid over her fingertips with an odd, disgusted fascination. Not having any way to clean her hand now that she'd dirtied it, she wiped her hand on the front of her shirt. There was a stain she'd never get rid of. "Ugh... That's just fucking gross..." She mumbled to herself, a frown digging into the soft lines of her lips. What a way to break in new clothes.
    ( tags: N/A . words: 1,123 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 7th April 2018, 7:13 pm

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    His curiosity about her continued to grow the longer they continue to speak to one another and further enforcing this curiosity was her baffled perplexed look on her face after it was shared with her that Dragon slayer magic had been around for centuries. The topic that cemented the deal however was when she mentioned she used magic related to the mythical bird arguably as famous and legendary as the dragons which Ddraig has confirmed to be something that existed before even the dragons. He couldn’t confirm or deny the power of it but with what the job required Aemon would find out soon enough just what this girl and her Phoenix magic could do and with not much time passing he would soon find out to a degree exactly what this girl was made of. The oldest brother known as Wade had threatened to hurt Kath as a result of what Aemon had said and even went as far as to call the Kath his girlfriend which of course Aemon didn’t suspect the thug would be actually be calling them a couple however Aemon noticed Kath repeat what Wade said in a small near inaudible squeak. The tone of this confrontation started to take a turn for the worse but despite this being the fact of the matter Aemon was aware of Kath moment of being lost in her own thought but of course he wasn’t the only to take notice of this. Thankfully he was quick on his feet when Wade took advantage of the fact that Kath was lost in thought and put himself between them to cut off the brutish bandit. His fight with Wade ended quickly which allowed him to shift his attention over to Kath who had the younger Booklet brother on his knees before her with blood gushing from what could only be a broken nose making the bottom of his face a crimson mask. What Aemon would witness next would show just what sort of skill this girl had and so he watched as she pressed her palms to the sides of his head putting pressure on opposite sides of his head and lit his head ablaze with red colored flames which ushered a blood curdling scream to come from Randy but his scream of agony would come to a sudden and definite end. He would watch as Kath shifted his head in her hands and torqued with with such velocity that the man’s neck snapped and fell to the ground for the final time. "She sure handled him." he would say to himself as he approached Kath who was looking down at her hands in disgust and proceeded to wipe her hands on her shirt that he had provided her. What did you think of those flames? Aemon mentally asked Ddraig who commented back almost immediately, “That was an extremely pure flame. I cannot speak on its heat or intensity but I’ve never seen a flame nearly as pure as that. Quite the marvel even for a dragon such as myself.” he said but left his opinion at that. He removed his cloak as he took his final steps that put him next to her and held it out to her, "Here this might be able to get more of that blood of your hands." He would look down the tunnel where the Booklets had come from and then shifted his emerald colored eyes back onto her mismatched eyes, "As impressive as it was he made one heck of a commotion before you finished the job. There is a fair chance that the remaining bandits heard it."

Just as he had suspected the familiar sound of footsteps stomped in their direction as two more bandits confronted them, one was a male roughly five foot seven dressed in basic fur clothes to protect from the cold with two knives strapped to his back secured at his waist by a belt. The second one was a female who couldn’t have been any older than seventeen at the most. "That didn’t take long." he said with a hint of annoyance in his tone, “Who are you and what you do to the Booklets?! The male asked pulling both arms back for each knife handle but Aemon wouldn’t get to answer the question as his eyes locked onto Wade on his back with three arrows sticking from his chest in a tight grouping and Randy with his head burned so severely that he would have been unrecognizable if not for his clothing. “They… they killed them!” the girl who had to be Kim Strange would say in a near panic. Toby would look at her, “We have to go get Storm before we are all wiped out.” Aemon’s eyes would widen when he realized that they were going to turn and run to warn get help but he wasn’t about to let that happen. He lifted his bow and pulled the string back five times and released five arrows at their feet making them trip and fall forward. Aemon would leap over them and now effectively stand in their way, "Oh that won’t be happening." he said as he opened his hand and released his bow in a puff of the blue particles that had given the bow it’s shape followed suit by the quiver at his hip before looking over at Kath, "Go on ahead. Sounds like there is one more left and he doesn’t know we are here. I’ll handle these two and meet back up with you." as he said this the blue particles returned in each hand but soon took the shape of two butterfly blade swords identical in shape but distinctly different in detail. The blade in his right hand was a white blade with the black half of a yin yang symbol located where the hilt met the blade and in his left hand was a black blade with hexagonal shapes traced out on the blade by red lines doning the white half of the yin yang symbol. "It won’t take more than a moment." he would wait for her to run by before putting his body between the two bandits and Kath. “You must be dumb to let her go by herself. Storm is a full fledge mage and will mop the floor with that girl and come for you.” Toby boasted which made Aemon chuckle to himself as he pressed his hand which still held the black blade against his forehead, "Oh dear, is that so?" he would lower his hand back to his side and narrowed his eyes and furrowed his brow, "That girl can handle herself. I’d be not surprised if she takes him out before I take you two out." he truly believed she could and hoped he was right.

template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 8th April 2018, 5:40 pm

Ignite

Aemon was the one to break into her thoughts and pull her back to the real world. She looked to him as he offered his cloak to clean her hands of Randy's blood and she took it gracefully, not speaking a single word. Katherine wiped around each of her fingers, every stain being removed from her skin until there was only the paleness of her own flesh to be seen. When she was done she nodded her thanks and handed it back to him, never meeting his eyes directly. However, he would force her to as he brought this fact to her attention: her methods had put their stealth at risk. She swallowed and averted her eyes, her hand going to the back of her neck. "Sorry..." she mumbled, but there was the ghost of a smile on her lips for one reason; he was impressed. The girl felt flattered, but kept it to herself for the sake of maintaining what dignity she still had.

And of course, he had to be correct about her giving away their presence. She cringed internally at her own mistake, clenching her teeth as she stood beside to him and looking on to see the next two that would approach. "Not long at all," Katherine said lowly. "But I'm not surprised. Randy had quite a loud mouth on him." What she had said was meant to lighten the mood, but being so darkened herself, it had little effect. It could hardly conjure a chuckle from her despite having come from her mouth.

The two ahead of them chattered, readied to leave and tell their one other companion of the pair's presence in their territory. Katherine stood quietly with her hands folded in front of her though, confident by then that Aemon would stop them before they got even an inch away. Maybe even before the took their next breath? The thought was fascinating, but not something she would focus on. Instead, she watched as he did just as she assumed he would, stopping them in their tracks with his arrows. She had to say, he was fairly impressive himself. If she got the chance later on, perhaps she would tell him that as a return of favors; a compliment for a compliment. She watched still as he stepped over them to stand in their way. He looked at her and spoke. He would tell her to go ahead and he would catch up with her; this didn't make her nervous then as she was far too consumed and turned off by her negative emotions to be bothered. If anything, she could use this to feed those emotions and finish the job more quickly.

She nodded and was about to be on her way when the boy called Toby spoke up from his spot on the ground. Katherine would have moved to defend herself on her own, but Aemon already had it covered. She fought a smile, but it broke through just the tiniest bit as she passed him, a hint of a blush kissing her cheeks. At the last second and on a whim, she pressed her lips to his cheek before she ran off.

~

Now on her own, it wouldn't be difficult to find out where she should go. The easiest way she had discovered to find someone whose location was undefined was to feel out the nearest sign of warmth. Anything behind her would be crossed off of her mental list, as she already knew who that signature came from. Ahead of her though, she began to feel something. It was very slight, but it was a lead all the same and she followed it to find her next opponent

Katherine was, admittedly, a little anxious. It'd been a long time since she'd been in a fight with another mage. She'd fought with a few, sure, but against one? Well... in that area she was rusty. There was hope though that she could pull through and take him on like she would have those thousand years ago. This was a risk she was willing to take. The worst that could happen was her magic taking an unexpected halt. They were rare, but could still occur so she would be careful. Of course there was also the cold, but the clothes Aemon had gifted her were doing a pretty good job at keeping her warm enough to function, so she didn't think to worry about it.

The warmth she followed grew stronger as she got closer to wherever Storm was until she saw him standing mere feet from her. A rush of nervousness shot through her, but she shoved it down and kept herself composed. It was easy to conjure the emotion she needed; all she really had to do was look down at the bloodstains that covered her breasts. Katherine said not a word, made not a single sound and stepped up to him on light feet. Wearing a dead expression, she tapped his shoulder. He turned around and looked down at her, first in surprise and then he glared, clenching his fists at his sides as she dared him to make a move with her gaze. He did of course, swinging at her with such swiftness that she almost hadn't had time to dodge. She ducked and he missed her by just a hair. The girl moved to try her own hit, but just as her elbow was about to meet his stomach, he gripped her by her hair and yanked her back up. She didn't react audibly instead igniting her very being and burning his hand where it held on. He yelped and let go, shaking his hand to put out the flames."Who are you, girl?" he asked, glaring so intensely she thought he might get a headache. "My identity is none of your concern, Storm," she spat back. "So you know who I am?" He said. Katherine grit her teeth, sick already of this unnecessary small-talk. "Let's just get this over with..." she growled and lunged toward him. To her annoyance though, he leaped out of the way, causing her to stumble. She steadied herself quickly and whipped back to face him, teeth bared. She kicked at him with the intent of hitting his head and disorienting him, but he caught her ankle and pushed her back. Again she caught herself before she could fall, recuperating quickly and never letting herself wait to strike again. At hand-to-hand, they were well matched and it frustrated the girl to know she would get nowhere using just that. In magic skill, she could feel that he was stronger, but flames it would be then...

Katherine's arms were lit up to her elbows with bright red fire, the same as her hair. There was one thing she knew she could succeed at and that was using her short stature to her advantage. She dared Storm to come after her and stupidly, he took the bait. She ran and slid on her back between his legs, bringing her own up above her once she got behind him and pushing herself up with her hands. She slammed her feet into his back and for once, he took the hit. Storm landed face-first on the ground and she stood up on his back, gripping the back of his neck with burning hand, digging her heels into his spine and the fire eating through his clothes. Lifting one foot, she would have pressed his head down into the gravel, but he threw her off balance and she stumbled, falling off to the side. Katherine landed roughly on her back, momentarily winded. This was long enough for him to stand though and for the first time, he used his own magic to cut her down. A strong gust of wind blew over her and she gasped at the chill that broke through her clothes as she was pushed back. She could feel the freeze coming on now, slowly but surely. This was likely the last opportunity she would get to fight back. Her attempts to hide her sudden weakness were weak within and of themselves, she knew he could tell the effect his attack had on her. But still, she stood, bracing herself with a hand on the ground. One long, shaky breath and a shake of her head later, she was up again. Her vision wavered but she blinked it away and stared him down. With her last bit of strength, as she could feel it slowly slipping away, she summoned her wing ability and slashed at him to pose a distraction. He would feel like he was on fire then, but the flames in this were virtually harmless and caused no damage whatsoever. When they were starting to go out, she swung up at him and felt her fist meet his jaw roughly. He was stunned for less than a moment and shoved her back again. This did her in, whether she liked to admit it or not. The wind chilled her to the bone and she was too faint to fight any longer, instead sitting down on her knees with her head hung low. She breathed heavy and with great effort, just trying to keep herself awake.
    ( tags: N/A . words: 1,524 )

Last edited by KatherineNeel on 14th April 2018, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 14th April 2018, 6:37 pm

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    Aemon was glad to see Kath accepted his cloak to wash off the blood that currently covered her pale skinned hands. He watched as she cleaned her hands but when she had given it back to him he shook his head and allowed a small smile to grace his lips, "I appreciate you returning but I don’t think I will be wearing this again." he let the blood that now stained it face her before he let it drop to the cavern floor. He wasn’t the slightest bit upset about the cloak being ruined and he made sure that his body language mimicked his mental disposition on topic. His mind was focused on another point of interest, the fact that Randy’s screaming had most likely attracted the attention of his comrades which she did apologize for blowing their cover but Aemon merely shrugged, "I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Either way they were going to die but now they will now it is coming which means it will be more painful." he said plainly just as the next two arrived which prompted Aemon to comment on the situation which Kath added that Randy had a loud mouth on him and thus she wasn’t surprised which made him chuckle, "If not for the horrible beating and smoldering death sounds like a good time." the joke was slightly pushing the appropriate boundary but it amused him all the same.

After cutting off their escape by way of arrow fire followed by him physically blocking them he ordered Kath to go on a head to deal with this Storm fellow they wanted to warn. He kept his blades at his sides and his face as stoic as he could however there was a small knick in the stone mask that was his face thanks to the out of the blue kiss on his cheek from Kath as she ran by. He would glance back briefly as she continued through the cave before giving the bandit’s his attention again when they referred to him as stupid and underestimated Kath and her abilities. "She is about to face Zack Storm. A mage who specializes in wind magic. Nothing incredibly outstanding aside from his involvement in this bandit gang." He sized up the two of them, Kim Strange didn’t seem like the sort to really involve herself in combative situations which meant she was going to be hanging back while Toby did all the fighting or what he would consider fighting. "Like I had said." his grip grew tighter around the hiltsof his swords and his stoic expression altered as his eyes narrowed, "This will me over momentarily." he took his first step towards Toby who readied his stance with the knife in his right hand pulled back while his left hand was held out. The flaw in this stance was immediately recognized by the red clad mage, while a more powerful thrust could be produced from this stance it had several risks. With a knife power isn’t as important as speed, a simple flick of the wrist was enough to cut most average people but the worst thing about this stance was his left hand that was extended past the knife’s point. Aemon shifted forward while lifting the white sword in his right hand up across the left part of his body before slicing at an diagonal angle from the lower left to the upper right lopping off all but his thumb and index finger. The knife dropped from his hands instantly and he grabbed his left wrist with his right hand crying and whimpering but he wouldn’t let him suffer any longer as the sword in his left hand was thrusted up into his stomach with the point poking out his back. He jerked his left arm back to pull the blade free and stepped tot he side as Toby fell to his knees and then onto his stomach facedown on the floor. Before his gaze could fall upon her, Kim was already running for the exit but it wouldn’t have done her any good. His swords dropped from his hands as they evaporated and were replaced by his bow again but he had also brought something else out. It looked like a sword but instead of a standard edge it was spiral coming to a point like a drill. He set the pommel against the bow string and pulled it back to a full draw which caused the sword to stretch like a telescope and the spirals uncoiled not dissimilar to what would happened if you stretched a spring. "This will be far less painful I assure you.” he released the string and the arrow soared through the air spiralling as all the mana stored in the arrow surged to the tip. The arrow hit Kim in the back exploding on impact and continued out of the cave but Kim was now gone. "and that is that." he would say to no one as he turned and headed in the direction Kath had went. “You had better hurry.” Ddraig said to him which caused his walk to shift into a run "Why did something happen?" he asked but he felt it too, at one point there was two sources of magic but now there was only one and with the amount of wind pressure coming from up ahead it would have to be Storm with the upper hand.

He had stopped when he emerged from the tunnel at the Bandit’s makeshift camp and he immediately searched the area for the source of the wind and stopped when he saw Storm. Kath was sitting on her knees with her head hanging as if she were unconscious and had he not just fired his strongest arrow  he would have used it now but he was out of options. None of his arrows would land due to the air pressure so the only thing left to do was use his magic and while he was rationalizing this mentally he could feel his collected personality slipping from the anger he felt at that moment, "Ddraig I’m using the power. Red Dragon Emperor." a crimson aura erupted from around him completely encasing his body as the aura shot upwards. No one outside could see what was happening but inside he column of magical aura his body was being encased in the aura as it molded and took shape into the full body armor of the Welsh dragon. He didn’t wait for the aura to disappear before he let his wings beat once to send him rocketing towards them just as Storm’s hand rose to deal what would have been the final strike. The red auric rocket came in between him and Kath which Aemon had scooped her up before skidding to a stop. By this point the aura was gone and Aemon in his dragon’s armor stood before Storm with Kath held with one arm, "Kath what’s wrong? What did he do?" but Storm didn’t wait for her to answer and spoke, “I just hit her with a little wind. I didn’t expect it to be so effective. One more gust should do it.” He swept his hand in front of him sending another gust of wind at them, mainly aimed for Kath but Aemon had other plans. With his free arm outstretched and his wings fully extended a red energy formed just in front of his hand, "Rho Aias." a large round shield with seven petal like shapes appeared before them completely protecting them from the wind which was being destroyed upon contact. While this was happening he felt it was a good time to ask, "Is there anything I can do to help?" if there were he would do it before destroying this wind mage.

The magic
    template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 14th April 2018, 10:30 pm

Smoke Rising

She was cold. But cold was an understatement. She couldn't move a single muscle, make even a twitch of her finger. Her vision was beginning to go and all that could still be seen were blobs of color, yet even then... They were desaturating rapidly. Needles like those you get when your limbs fall asleep from lack of movement; it was all she could feel aside from the flux in the air around her. A sudden shift and she felt weightless, but that wasn't unusual in these situations. The ringing in her ears was loud and the muffled speech even more so. Someone was talking, but she couldn't hear it, not really. It still hurt though and through her growing vegetative state, her eyebrows drew just slightly closer together. It wouldn't have been too noticable unless someone were watching her closely.

Outwardly, one looking down on her would see something like this; her skin paled to an even sicker white than was normal for the girl, making her appear to be on the verge of death or perhaps already there. Her eyes completely unfocused, unblinking and blank, dull of their usual brightness. Her lips would be bluing and parted, barely a breath passing through them and instead tiny wisps just enough to keep her feeling alive. The girl would be limp, unable to move her own limbs or even feel them.

Something was touching her. She shouldn't have been able to feel it, but because she had that meant she was getting warmth from somewhere. Some of the saturation in the blobs came back, though all that appeared was red. Red, everywhere. It didn't scare her; rather, it was somewhat comforting and she couldn't think far enough to figure out why that was.

Suddenly she heard a voice, loud and clear unlike everything else prior. It was him, and he was close. He was close. As this thought registered, her body temperature made a jump just big enough that she would be able to respond to what he'd asked her. She said one word, breathily and so soft the normal human ear wouldn't be able to hear it: "Heat." The strain of just that alone scraped her throat and she shuddered, now physically aware enough to feel how the cold wind continued to seep through her clothes. Whatever had stopped it from happening before was useless now, Storm's magic having ruined it for her. Using what was left of this sudden energy spike, Katherine said little more. "I need... heat."
    ( tags: lmao my word count . words: 420 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 21st April 2018, 4:34 pm

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

"Aemon"
    ”Ddraig“
    Aemon had saved Kath from what would have been the final strike from storm however it didn’t seem like that was that big of an accomplishment. His question went unanswered from the red head and didn’t even utter a single word when Storm had spoken on what transpired. "The wind did this? It couldn’t be that." he said remembering the force of the wind when he first arrived on the scene so it wasn’t like there was enough force to effect her lungs but with Kath in a near vegetative state he couldn’t do more than speculate at that moment. With the proclamation of using his wing to finish her there wasn’t much Aemon could do aside from using his defensive spell to destroy the wind as it touched Aias. With this bought time he tried to communicate with Kath again asking what he could do to help her. She didn’t move and her words were extremely low in volume but he was able to make out the word heat. "Heat?" he asked and thought over what she could mean. "Heat." he said it this time as the puzzle pieces began to fall into place and it began to make sense now. Most Fire mages were able to counter colder environments due to their control over their own body heat, it was quite common but the question formed on his mind. What if Kath has the opposite happening to her? What if it isn’t the wind that isn’t hurting her but in fact it had been the wind chill that had did this? he felt her shudder and then force out more words, this time more audible, Kath said she needed heat. That was all he needed to hear before he looked around the bandit’s camp. “Lets crank it up!” Storm shouted as he unleashed another barrage spells at the shield but the magic was too strong for the destruction to keep up. Knowing it was about to break Aemon brought his wings forward to wrap around Kath and moved so his back was facing Storm to shield her from the cold wind as best as he could while he trying to locate a fire or a hut. That is when his eyes landed on a group of tents, three in total with the largest tent which he estimated could fit up to 4 people while the two smaller tents were just big enough for two people but that wasn’t all that made the large tent separate from the others. Smack dab in the middle of the floor was a live fire pit dug into the ground keeping it warm for Storm, "Bingo." he said as he looked down at Kath but if she had been able to see it would only be his helmet she saw not the emerald eyes, dark skin or white hair. "I found your heat." once the wind stopped he turned and pointed his right arm out with his hand opened and a red orb of destruction began to form roughly the size of a tennis ball which didn’t look like anything to be threatened by and that was the point, he pulled back his hand, closed it into a fist and slammed it into the sphere sending it speeding like a bullet at the wind mage. He didn’t have a chance to put up anything more than his arms to guard against the sphere. The moment Aemon had sent the sphere at the wind mage used his arms to hold Kathryn up and his wings to clear the distance to the tent with the fire pit. The explosion would have knocked Zack on his ass so it bought him time to get Kathryn situated. As he entered the tent he withdrew his wings and pulled the fabric across the opening to add to his cover, the last thing he needed was Zack blowing the tent away and exposing Kathryn to the cold anymore. He scooped her up bridal style and carried her to the pit keeping her close as he kneeled and lowered her onto the sleeping bag placed next to the fire. "This should help. You soak in as much heat as you can. Leave Storm to me." he said to her not knowing if she could hear him but it was more of a promise to himself.

He pushed the cloth to the side and proceeded to exit the tent only to see Storm standing with a piece of his shirt missing as well as the flesh exposed showing some signs that destruction had occured. “So you put the girl in my tent? Are you really that stupid?” Aemon remained silent, he had no wish to converse with this man but Storm kept going. “I’ll blow you away and pay her a visit when finished here.” This was something he couldn’t ignore and he would point his finger at the damaged flesh, "Does that hurt? Don’t answer that I know it does." he lowered his hand and smirked from behind the helmet. "That never ending pain you feel is the flesh literally being reduced to nothing and that is what you will become." His wings sprouted from his back until they were fully extended behind him, "Welcome to your destruction." Zack swiped his hand across sending a tornado like cyclone his way looking to suck Aemon up into the funnel. Aemon held his ground and his aura flared to life with it spiralling in front of him forming a small sphere that continued to grow in diameter the longer it had to spiral and obtain energy. The twister set around him and with how his wings were positioned he was able to stay on the ground and out last the tornado like spell. When it cleared up Zack in anger did a double chop into the air sending two blades made completely out of wind at the Red dragon hitting him dead on but he didn’t move despite the pain he felt. “How many more of those do you think you can handle?” Ddraig asked out of concern but of course Aemon couldn’t allow himself to lose focus on the spell, it was taking all of his mental focus to ignore the pain and focus only on charging up his spell. “Right talk later. I’ll try to keep tabs on your girlfriend.” he said mocking the bandits that had labeled her as such. Despite a nerve being touched he refused to lose focus but would have a talk to the dragon about what he had just done. “So you won’t go down easy? You are pretty tough but playtime is over. With is arms moving like a conductor of an orchestra he began to control the wind and making a sphere form around him creating a vortex of air. Zack pushed the sphere and released a swirling vortex of air at him, like a tornado but instead of descending it was horizontal. "Red Dragon’s reclamation!" the sphere erupted into a beam that met the wind blast head on but there was no crash, the beam destroyed the wind and pushed past it and hit Zack, catching him completely in the attack. The beam put a whole into the cavern wall almost leading to the outside. "You’re still alive?" Aemon asked as he walked closer to Zack who was lying on the ground missing his upper right torso, arm and part of his abdomen but there was no blood anywhere, those parts of him had been destroyed molecularly. The tip of Aemon’s tail came up to where his mouth was behind the helmet and he inhaled which caused the helmet to part as if it were his mouth for him to exhale onto the tip of his tail and release a poisonous gas surrounding Zack Storm. His coughing could be heard as the poison entered his lungs but with a gust of his wind he was able to blow it away but that revealed that Aemon was hovering over him with his body craned over with his mouth pointing down at the wind mage. "Red Dragon’s Roar!" he inhaled allowing the particles of destruction to flood his lungs and with a sharp exhale he released a crimson blast point blank onto Zack completely annihilating him and his body leaving nothing but a crater in its wake. Aemon stood there in his dragon form he could have chosen to turn back but he felt it was better for Kathryn to see this, he didn’t know why but so he waited to see if she would be up in time to see his form.

template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 22nd April 2018, 5:46 pm

Awaken

Warmth wrapped around her body like a soft fleece blanket, every heated particle seeping in and gathering to wake up her numbed limbs and bring her to life. Slowly but surely, her senses began to put themselves back together and function properly again. Once she felt full, complete, she blinked to clear the lasting blurriness from her comatose state. She was staring up at the ceiling of a tent; her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and she sat herself up. Looking around her she would see a fire next to the sleeping bag she'd been laid on. She felt herself relax into its aura, almost wanting to reach out and touch the flames, but she would have been too weak to heal the burns and held herself back. Closing her eyes for a moment, she took in the last of what she needed to feel totally cooperative. It was like feeling a hot river run through her veins, as if her blood were still flowing. Katherine sighed through her nose, a hum of content escaped her throat and then--

Her eyes snapped open as she remembered where she was and she jumped to standing. She ran out of the tent, a risky move really, though just in time to see Storm be brought to a fatal end. She stared out in awe, her mouth hanging in what must have been the most unladylike way. She didn't care. She'd never witnessed anything like what had just occurred before her. The world fell into silence, slowly at first and then suddenly as she registered the figure that stood in front of her. The heat signature was familiar, despite her having only known it for the past few hours. This red dragon, this beast she saw that was unlike anything she'd ever seen with her one operational eye; it was him.

"A-Aemon? What the fuck?" And that was all she had to say about it.
    ( tags: HP: 100/100 MP: 200/200 . words: 321 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 28th April 2018, 2:09 pm

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    Aemon’s eyes never left the sight that was before him. There was nothing left of Zack Storm or the portion of the ground that the wind mage had lied on in the moments before his destruction. "Well that did it." he stated essentially reveling in just how much power he got to use on this guy."Don't you think that was a little extreme? You didn't have nearly as much power as you just used." Aemon scoffed at what the dragon had to say. "His winds were formidable. That much destructive magic was completely called for." "You and I both know that you hardly felt it. We are a dragon..." the sentence was quickly cut off. "You are a dragon not me." Ddraig couldn't help but chuckle "It is a we. Our souls are merged therefor your body is as much dragonic as it is human, my power is your power and right now you have taken full control of what I am capable of doing. We are dragon no matter how much you deny it." and Aemon knew Ddraig was right, the wind itself wasn't much of an issue thanks to this dragon armor. The impact of the spells is what caused more harm "Fine. Regardless it wasn't my own safety that prompted this. It was her safety." he didn't move to even motion to the tent that housed a recovering Kathryn "You mean the girl? Any idea what took her down?" Aemon was about to answer when he heard the female voice he assumed was still out cold literally came from behind him.

Aemon didn't move a muscle when he first heard her say his name followed by a sharp question of what the fuck. A few seconds passed before he turned his head to face her and his body followed until he was completely facing her. "So when I said that I can summon weapons as my magic that wasn't exactly true." he didn't drop his form but if she could see his eyes she would see he was sorry. "You see my true magic, is this" he made a general motion with his arms showing the red armor adorned with green gems "You see I have the soul of a dragon living inside of me." He took a step to move closer to her "So at will I can do upon the power of Ddraig. The dragon in my soul." Aemon put his hand on the center jewel and it lit up like a light bulb with a green light, ”It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Neel”

template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 29th April 2018, 6:45 am

A Nostalgia of Sorts

When he turned to face her, her mouth was still hanging open and her body was plagued with a plethora of sensations as it tried to figure out how to feel. She wanted to stop gaping, but she couldn't. She was too surprised, in too much shock to hold herself together. "The soul of a dragon...?!" She squeaked. Katherine was about to say something else, but he continued and then... another voice entirely joined their conversation. It addressed her politely and had she not already been stuck in a state of awe, her jaw would have hit the ground again. Not knowing what else to do she whipped around so her back was facing him and slapped her cheeks. "Holy shit! A dragon? He's got a fucking dragon inside his body?! This is madness, but also kinda badass and really cool and-" The girl froze when she realized she was thinking aloud. Putting her shoulders back to emulate a calm posture, she turned back to face him. "Ah, um, hello... D-ddraig? Ddraig. Well, this is... This is very curious indeed and not at all what I expected. But now I know why you struck me as so odd before. You were talking to him weren't you? Much earlier. Right? Ah, I-I well..." Katherine sighed and rubbed a hand over her face. "I have... so many questions." A soft breeze blew past her and she winced. "Damn it... I'm going back in. I'd be glad if you would join me." And with that she turned once more and hurried back into the tent to let herself finish recuperating.
    ( tags: HP: 100/100 MP: 200/200 . words: 267 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 4th May 2018, 6:09 pm

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    Aemon’s eyes fixed onto her mouth which still hung open from the obvious surprise that he had just presented to her and her sudden squeak which repeated what he had just told her regarding Ddraig, the dragon in his soul that gave him the power to access the form that she now saw. He would nod which caused the helmet itself to move in the motion as well, "That’s correct. A dragon." he would say to answer her and continue his quick explanation but the idea of calming her down was quickly thrown to the wind as Ddraig decided it was a good enough time to speak for himself. He noticed that not much had changed in the way her mouth hung open in disbelief but this time she had turned so her back was facing him. She couldn’t see it between both her back turned away as well as the helmet that still encased his head but he smiled as he heard her think out loud picking up the words with his acute hearing. He had half a mind to say something to tease her but he thought differently of it and just let things play out which was Kathryn returning to the conversation with Ddraig simply greeting him. She shifted the topic back to when they had first encountered one another came to the correct conclusion that it was Ddraig that Aemon was speaking to when she ran into him at the start of this journey. Aemon didn’t speak, instead Ddraig was about to speak on his host’s behalf, "We hope you’re not upset by this. We have a very good reason to keep my existence a secret."  it was right after Ddraig spoke that she mentioned that she has many questions but took off for the tent in order to continue her recovery. Aemon’s eyes fixed onto her her back as she walked back to the tent and then his eyes shifted towards the exit, "You’re not thinking of leaving are you?" Ddraig asked him mentally to which Aemon answered "It has crossed my mind but I don’t think that would be the best move to make." Aemon took a deep breath and the red aura that formed the armor began to reveal itself again but not nearly as intense as when he transformed into his dragon form. Instead of an intense surge the aura was instead slowly smoking off him until the armor was gone and his appearance was human again with his white hair and black and red attire. "If I were to leave her here and provided she would survive the cold which we both know she wouldn’t she would not only tell of our power but that I had essentially left her to die to keep the secret." His emerald eyes shifted back to the tent as he began to walk towards is. "Is that all? Just the reputation?" Aemon shook his head, "I saw what the cold wind from Storm’s magic did to her. She would have a painful and terrible death and I don’t wish for that to happen to her." this was a genuine feeling he had at the moment, this strange need to have her stay alive and not just because it was the right thing to do but a desire towards her specifically. "I’d expect nothing less from my partner."

Aemon entered the tent and sat across the flame so he and Kathryn may look across through the flame to make eye contact with one another. "I’m sure you have a lot of questions Miss Kneel. Some I know I can undoubtedly answer." he would rub his hands together and hold them out in front of him so the flames could lick at his exposed hands. "Ask whatever you want and I will do my best to give you a satisfactory answer." He paused for a moment but would speak before she would have the chance to "But before we get into the thick of things allow me one question. How are you feeling?"

template by Darkee

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by KatherineNeel 5th May 2018, 10:45 am

Learning Curve

The return of the fire's heat on her person was blissful enough as it was, but when he really did join her, Katherine couldn't help smiling. The beam was one she had no control over, one that reached her eyes and made her cheeks glow pink. He was himself again and to her the sight was comforting as it was something she was more used to. The whole armored deal had definitely awed her, but something human and recognizable was always more... soothing. As he talked she kept silent, just listening to the sound, and let the tips of her fingers touch the flames at their hottest point. It burned, but she kept her smile and pulled back at the last second when he paused in his speech, to open her mouth and speak herself. He cut in and her smile faltered, the tilt in her emotion slightly amplifying the sting that made her fingers throb as they healed. She looked him in the eyes, the fire that separated them reflected in her own as she stared.

How are you feeling?

The question echoed in her head because for some reason, she hadn't expected him to ask. Not many did. Did he... care? The thought made her feel silly. They'd only met that day and known each other for a handful of hours, there was no way... right? By the time she actually composed herself enough to reply, her smile had fallen to nothing but a small quirk at the corners of her lips. "Oh, um... I feel... fine. I feel fine," she said, not fully sure what she was supposed to say. And then she had a thought. "Wait... How did I get here in the first place? Did you...?" She remembered the color red and that subtle warmth before she blacked out, then to wake up in this tent next to this fire. If that was his doing then he must have questions for her as well. Like why she was so sensitive to the cold, maybe even why she said the things she did the way she said them. The air was just thick with mystery, wasn't it?

"You could have left me here, why did you stay?" Katherine asked and leaned forward against her knees.
    ( tags: HP: 200/200 MP: 200/200 . words: 379 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Aemon Trahaearn
    Aemon Trahaearn

Post by Aemon Trahaearn 7th June 2018, 7:18 pm

NOTES

TAGS.

WORDS.

STATUS.
    " "
    HP-100
    MP-100
    Cool Down

Enemies

NOTES.
    "Dialogue "
    "Thought "

Writing code Dark Red

- Aemon

" "
    ” “
    He knew dismissing the armor was the right call even before he had entered the tent but it was when he actually entered that he was proven correct. The instant he entered the tent revealing that his armor was gone and that he was in fact human in appearance again he saw the relief on her face. Once he was seated across the fire from her he gave her permission to ask whatever she deemed a relevant question but not after asking her how she was feeling. The question seemed to catch her off guard her answer was served to confirm his suspicions. Her answer of her feeling fine was full of hesitation and uncertainty almost like it was foreign for someone to actually show concern for her. That made him wonder just what sort of environment she was subjected to. His mind now wondered to when he had first met her and how her attire was tatters showing more signs that she wasn’t really cared for but he wouldn’t press that issue unless she offered him the freedom to ask about it. Instead let her ask whatever question she might have had for him and as it would have it she had one but not one regarding his dragon or anything about him. No the question was aimed at how she had gotten into the tent to begin with and was able to formulate part of the question asking if he had done anything to with it and he merely smirked, "Yes. After passing out Storm had planned to land the final blow. I was able to get you out of the way. You had managed to regain consciousness and told me you needed heat. I brought you to the closest source of heat and here we are." he remained silent as she asked her next question. "You’re right. I could have but we both know you wouldn’t have lasted long had I left you here. It’s quite obvious you are extremely sensitive to the cold and there is no telling how long you’d last here or if you’d even be able to leave the cave." he made a generic gesture, "So at the end of the day I wanted to make sure you make it off this mountain safe."

template by Darkee

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 5:50 pm