Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Just a small thing.

Caelestis Icarus Zephyr
    Caelestis Icarus Zephyr

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Art Contest Participant- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Ancestral Sin
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Goethe Ackerman
    Experience : 1,775

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sky Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Just a small thing.  Empty Just a small thing.

Post by Caelestis Icarus Zephyr 5th January 2018, 3:03 pm

Hi guys! So I'm here to suggest either the difficulty reduction of a certain dark b rank job, or a increase in rank of the job.

I signed myself and 2 other guildless darkies up for the job, and was about to start my first post, and looked through the job info again. Upon looking at the info I realized the boss has 10,000 HP. Already doesn't seem fair, right? Well if you look at the rules that is 10x Z rank Hp. My proposal is lower the HP of the boss to 1000, or make the job a 100y. It's not something a B rank or group of C ranks can ever hope to do, and darkies have limited options for jobs that will allow them to spread their influence as it is. The job is linked below. Read through it carefully, and you will notice it is grossly unfair in terms of a fight. Even with 1 of the bosses on your side, it'd take colossal effort to complete. Not to mention the 50 rolls you must make before you even start the job.

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t22496-demon-s-veil-one-time-only

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Just a small thing.  Al9ulBh
    Playlist| Character | Vault | Lineage

Just a small thing.  Empty Re: Just a small thing.

Post by Guest 5th January 2018, 8:18 pm

I removed the number of rolls required, since rolls are no longer required to do in jobs.
    However, HP for enemies and such numbers for jobs are always very loose. You never need to actually keep track of that stuff. Just knock on them a few times if you want. They're mostly there for suggestions.
    We're trying to make jobs more flexible these days.
    Caelestis Icarus Zephyr
    Caelestis Icarus Zephyr

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Art Contest Participant- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Ancestral Sin
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Goethe Ackerman
    Experience : 1,775

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sky Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Caelestis Icarus Zephyr 5th January 2018, 8:23 pm

Even so, 10,000 HP is something no B rank can ever realistically do no matter how flexible the job is. I do still recommend making it lower so people don't get the wrong idea in the future. Plus, some of those attacks do S-H rank damage, which is WAY too much for a B rank job.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Just a small thing.  Al9ulBh
    Playlist| Character | Vault | Lineage
    ○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Player 
    Lineage : Godess's Boon
    Position : Saint of Passion
    Guild : Lamia Scale - "Jizō"
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1,444,887.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Assassin Magic
    Second Magic: Celestial Crew
    Third Magic:

Post by ○Kaori 7th January 2018, 6:03 pm

Inaris wrote:Even so, 10,000 HP is something no B rank can ever realistically do no matter how flexible the job is. I do still recommend making it lower so people don't get the wrong idea in the future. Plus, some of those attacks do S-H rank damage, which is WAY too much for a B rank job.

As someone who has had missions edited without consent on other sites, I'm against altering other people's works. This job isn't impossible for B Ranks, it's just hard to solo. The enemy you're complaining about is a boss monster, which is supposed to be hard. I'd be disappointed if it were easy, or solo-able for someone the same rank. This site functions almost exactly like an MMORPG, so I'm treating it as such. Boss monsters should either be extremely hard to beat solo, or challenging to beat in a team.

Logical Solution for the Bosses:
    • The job doesn't list a maximum for players, so (theoretically) you could bring 6+ people but I'll advise bringing only 3.

• The enemies don't list any defensive passives. So you won't need to worry about damage reduction. Since they're B Rank, you can also debuff them to reduce their DR by 50%- or have multiple people debuff their DR by 50%.

• The job also doesn't describe them having any armor so you don't need to worry about the armor bonus.

• There's no rules on the job stating you must RP the demons using magic. You could RP the demon using nothing but melee and have a brawl with it. Just say you hit it a crap ton of times.

• You can use RP to get around the health issue. Examples:
    ○ Your character started the thread looking at some super powerful weapon, a minigun, so you start the thread the claw grabs you and the minigun and took you there. Out of rage you use the minigun to turn everyone into swiss cheese.
    ○ Your character owns a ship, so you used magic to call it in and turn everyone to rubble.
    ○ One of the demons was actually terminally ill, so therefore wasn't in any condition to be fighting but still did so out of pride and arrogance and thus was only half as healthy as her sister. You being evil decided to kill the weaker in favor of the stronger.

Before you say "Kaori, you're H Rank. Of course you can handle it!" I would be able to handle this enemy as a B Rank. My character had 6 signatures, lots of damage increase, lots of speed increase, summons, and a pet. Would it have been a 2-3 post fight? OH HECK NO. How would Kaori handle it?

Post 1: Hit with 3x B Rank DoT, and my 3 damaging signatures.
    Post 2: Hit with 3 instant signatures again, retreat to take out lesser enemies.
    Post 3: RP tricking enemies into aiming attacks in boss's direction while doing post 2.
    Post 4: Repeat step 3.
    Post 5: The enemy would now be at 30% health.
    Post 6: Repeat step 4 for another 3 posts.

Just a small thing.  FN4I7td

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 3:22 am