Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Rank Issues

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Player 
    Lineage : Godess's Boon
    Position : Saint of Passion
    Guild : Lamia Scale - "Jizō"
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1,444,887.5

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Assassin Magic
    Second Magic: Celestial Crew
    Third Magic:

A Rank Issues Empty A Rank Issues

Post by ○Kaori 7th October 2017, 1:32 am

Upon reaching A Rank and actually doing my magic, I realized something that made no sense to me. There is not a single benefit for reaching A Rank, that is actually of value. Your benefits for the rank are as follows:

1.) Increased melee damage - which is useless outside of PvP
    2.) Increased health - which is useless outside PvP
    3.) Increased speed - which is useless outside PvP
    4.) A Rank spells - Which I'd laugh myself to death if we didn't get

At every rank you get a unique ability slot, except A Rank.
    At every rank you get "something" that congratulates you for hitting that rank.
    D Rank - Your entire magic is it's own benefit
    C Rank - Signature Spells, Secondary Magic
    B Rank - Tertiary Magic, Spell Fusion
    A Rank - Not a darn thing
    S Rank - S Rank Signature (which makes no sense, but it counts)
    SS Rank - 1 spell of each rank
    H Rank - OH HEY! I FOUND THE UNIQUE ABILITY WE WERE DEPRIVED OF!
    X, Y, Z - Not really anything, but these aren't really "magic ranks"

But surely there's a good reason for this, of course! Upon asking an administrator, this was the immaculate reason provided.
    A Rank Issues Gck00U6

For some odd reason, the Unique Ability from A Rank was moved to H Rank; which means you either need to shell out 25$, find someone to shell out 25$ for you, buy your own guild, or earn the favor of your guild master. My proposal is to either move the Signature spell from secondary magic to unlock at A Rank, OR give us the unique ability slot that should already be part of the rank. Having 1 extra ability, or moving the rank requirement for secondary signatures won't obliterate the site's balance.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Rank Issues FN4I7td
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Position : None
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Magic: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Magic:

A Rank Issues Empty Re: A Rank Issues

Post by Eris 7th October 2017, 5:15 am

I've always thought that it was really sloppy that A-rank skips a UA.

But if you don't want to fix that,  you could also just make a new Perk to introduce at A.   Something to do with Mana perhaps.

Character Perks are a neat way to globally introduce themes and flavor to the way magic works at large within the site's setting.

(I'd recommend doing both.  Perks are neat,  and A-rank missing a UA is still rather messy either way)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Rank Issues NvVyM98

A Rank Issues CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Aliarey Casady
    Aliarey Casady

Alt Account- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Tertiary Magic- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Lacnites
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 393,270

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Hazardous Arsenal
    Second Magic: Droids of Draovis
    Third Magic:

Post by Aliarey Casady 7th October 2017, 5:42 am

I've always wondered why there was no unique ability given at A when C, B, S, and H have a +1. One could say SS doesn't give one either, but as pointed out you get spell slots for each rank when reaching SS. A rank doesn't seem to give anything other than the expected normal spell slots unless I missed it after checking over the perks and magic rules myself to confirm.

Basically posting to add a +1 count to agreeing that it'd be nice if this was looked over and something was added. Doesn't have to be a UA. It could even be just some other perk like Eris mentioned. It's not like A is exactly an easy quick rank to get like C is, and that rank gives a quite a bit in comparison. It's disappointing to those that like ranking up for their character progression.

Post by Guest 7th October 2017, 8:04 am

A rank used to be when you unlocked Tertiary. It was moved to B rank for some reason a while ago.

Would you guys want it moved back to A rank to fill that spot so A rank gets a perk again?
    Takumi Yoshino
    Takumi Yoshino

Guardian of Storms

Guardian of Storms

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Blessing of the Gods
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Iris, Goddess of Rainbows
    Experience : 675

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Infinite Ice
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Takumi Yoshino 7th October 2017, 9:58 am

Personally, I wouldn't like it to be moved, because I have a tertiary magic myself as a B rank, but I don't agree ranking up to A gets no perks. A ranks can make guilds, mentor people, etc, and that's something unlocked at A rank one might say is actually a perk that isn't necessarily magic related but still a perk.

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by ○Kaori 7th October 2017, 10:40 am

Izayuki wrote:A rank used to be when you unlocked Tertiary. It was moved to B rank for some reason a while ago.

Would you guys want it moved back to A rank to fill that spot so A rank gets a perk again?
    This would be something that made very little sense if it came to pass. A Rank is (from what I can see) a middle-tier rank, and B Rank is the upper-low tier; so it makes more sense to have your cosmetic things come then.

Takumi Yoshino wrote:Personally, I wouldn't like it to be moved, because I have a tertiary magic myself as a B rank, but I don't agree ranking up to A gets no perks. A ranks can make guilds, mentor people, etc, and that's something unlocked at A rank one might say is actually a perk that isn't necessarily magic related but still a perk.

• Guilds are something that not everyone can have.
    - Guilds have their own sub forums, which takes up space on the site and can create clutter
    - Guilds also require people, which there's not enough of if everyone makes a guild (which isn't possible)
    - Guilds require 5mil, which not everyone has
    - The above 3 would make it so guilds are something only a select few can get, those few being the ones who can get that 5mil first. I'd also imagine guilds to be limited in number to prevent there from being 'clutter guilds'
    - Most importantly, speaking from experience as the Hokege on a naruto site which may as well be a guild, they require time, charisma, and competence to run.

• Mentoring isn't a perk, it's something you can do from D Rank as a plot. The benefits of mentoring from A Rank have no benefit in any thread.

A Rank Issues FN4I7td
    ○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by ○Kaori 7th October 2017, 10:59 am

After a brief discussion with a different admin over discord, I'd also like to point out that I only presented the ideas I could come up with... If someone could think of a perk to add that has an in-character impact that can apply to RP and not only PvP; please throw it on the table.

A Rank Issues FN4I7td
    Aliarey Casady
    Aliarey Casady

Alt Account- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Collector- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Tertiary Magic- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Motor City Rush- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Lacnites
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 393,270

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Hazardous Arsenal
    Second Magic: Droids of Draovis
    Third Magic:

Post by Aliarey Casady 7th October 2017, 11:07 am

Takumi Yoshino wrote:Personally, I wouldn't like it to be moved, because I have a tertiary magic myself as a B rank, but I don't agree ranking up to A gets no perks. A ranks can make guilds, mentor people, etc, and that's something unlocked at A rank one might say is actually a perk that isn't necessarily magic related but still a perk.

I admit I did not think about those being unlocked at A and I understand your point. Unfortunately, every other rank gets something magic related besides A. Not everyone is going to be interested in making a guild or being a mentor. Everyone is going to be interested in things magic related since that is what this site is based on.

As for the Tertiary magic being moved back to A it is too late for that as Takumi is an example of a B rank having it and it would not be fair to people like him.

I will see if I can think of anything else that could be a possibility.

Post by Guest 7th October 2017, 1:40 pm

With the idea of a UA and sig spell out of the question, if you guys think of something simple that will not require staff having to unlock and re-approve dozens of apps, I'd love to hear it.

We are open for suggestions to improve magic and ranks, they just need to be easy to execute, as the staff team already has a lot on its plate currently. (:

And indeed-- with A rank you get to apply for WS and Sinner, make a guild if there are spots open, and mentor others(which gives you a Jewel bonus + you look somewhat badass to those under your wing<3).
    ○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by ○Kaori 7th October 2017, 2:18 pm

Izayuki wrote:With the idea of a UA and sig spell out of the question, if you guys think of something simple that will not require staff having to unlock and re-approve dozens of apps, I'd love to hear it.

We are open for suggestions to improve magic and ranks, they just need to be easy to execute, as the staff team already has a lot on its plate currently. (:

And indeed-- with A rank you get to apply for WS and Sinner, make a guild if there are spots open, and mentor others(which gives you a Jewel bonus + you look somewhat badass to those under your wing<3).

• "If spots are open" meaning it's not available to all since there's scarcity involved.
    • Wizard Saint and sinner positions are relatively worthless since there's not much to do with them (yet), but hopefully that changes soon.
    • The Jewel bonus would be great, if jobs didn't offer horrible jewel rewards. Seriously... someone had to do 18k words to get 45k out of a B Rank job. That's not even worth the sheer amount of filler required to accomplish that.
    • The 'looking badass' is subject to the individual, some of us are badass from D Rank (where we can mentor people IC if we want), others require time to get the status. Mentoring is literally only good for power leveling someone of lower rank, which can be done much more efficiently with a team member; case in point, Kaori and Samira C - A Rank in 2 months.

COUNTER ARGUMENTS:
    • Being a guild leader is cool if you can pull it off, keep activity up, and have an In-Character presence. And there's major benefits for being a guild leader like buying forums, the pet, the armor, the things from the general store, etc...
    • While the jewel reward for jobs is ABYSMAL as all get out, the double jewel gain is good for mitigating just how bad it is.
    • Wizard Saint/Sinner positions can be useful for IC plot reasons, which almost makes it viable, except from what I've been told you almost never get one until S Rank which is why I don't think it actually is.

A Rank Issues FN4I7td
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8

Character Sheet
    First Magic: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Magic:

Post by Cr1tikal 7th October 2017, 9:07 pm

Not everything always has to be about "I should get this when I hit this rank." The site isn't all about what you get at each rank, it's about RP. On a site where there is no structured PvP among members, unless they talk stuff out or choose to use the base rules given, there should not be a problem with a certain rank giving you nothing but more spells and options for bonuses through RP. (Mentors, Guild Creation, Positions)

Honestly, Tertiary used to be A rank and people whined about it being such a high rank to be able to get it. If having something for the rank is such a big deal I can easily move it back to there, and anyone's current approved tert's can stay approved and usable for those that already have it.

Other than that, there's nothing being moved around for the time being. RP, go have fun, and stop worrying about having more stuff for your magics. It's not about being super strong, or who has more stuff. It's about making friends, RP'ing with them and others, and enjoying yourselves.

A Rank Issues MQNhOUw

Blank
    Blank

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Strength of Hercules
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Kenjutsu: Yonezu Style
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Blank 9th October 2017, 5:13 am

Those I am the new guy here and the baby (this is based on my rank of D at this time), I do have to say that climbing to that high of rank an getting nothing would feel slightly upsetting. As in 'getting nothing' this is not me implying that I demand to have something. Its more of the feeling of reaching a high point that doesn't seem to have that many people make to it. Could even be that some will make plot ideas for the character its self to happen apon reaching said rank an have it explain how they do whatever it is they do.

Personally gaining things at different ranks is like mini goals to my character that I wish to achieve and build off of each one. So I do wish for there to be something there by the time my character can finally make it to that rank. Those this is just my opinion on the matter not like my two cents will even mean anything in the long run. But hopefully my thoughts will at lest be taken in even if they aren't used that would be fine by me.

Now to my reason for this post is to offer a very simply idea of something that wont make an extreme change to it. So no there wont be no mass overhaul of magics being yanged back due to this idea. It almost to simple in a way those but as many others have said many times before. ' "Power comes with a price."― Drew Karpyshyn, Children of Fire ' Something along the lines like that quote.

Le Idea
    Now I'm not sure if it is how this works and/or if this is how it was meant to be taken. So feel free to yell at me after this for my stupid brain. I believe that Secondary Magic was based on that of the idea of 'Second Origin'. Which was knew to unlock great magic power from within someone or maybe just make them adaptable to things. Example: how a slayers can gain the ability to take in and mix a second element into their magic (aka Hybrid Slayers).

Lets try to think about this for a moment, what if there was a 'Third Origin'. Waits a moment for readers to think this over.

Now image something that would cause you to gain a sere in magic power temporary but this time it has a very high cost. The sere could last 'x' amount of posts and incense the force and power of your magic by 'x' amount of percent. Those there will be a cost of the aftermath it leave to the mage's body from such a rapid spike in power. This being that everyone of your spells going on cooldown even the ones that weren't used in the time of sere. As well as, it would feel as if their whole body was weaken to the point of a normal punch would feel as if you are being hit by a giant's fist. This ability would also have a cooldown its self that would be 'x' amount of threads.

As a optional change that instead of just having spells go on cooldown and the ability go on could, one could have this ability cost the use of their 'magic' at that time ever again. The optional one being purely based for those who wish to have a plot reason for a change in magic or to that of building a 'magic' in place of something fancy with that of a more skill based for their character.

An extremely rare case could simply just wish to have their character become magicless so that they can ask for the character to turn into an NPC. Much like that of a legend among the story of mages that roam this site. Could lead into that of a creation of another character complete, the creation of a child of their own former character, or the creation of a wizard that idealizes the former character for what they had done and wish to become like and at some point surpass that character's legend.

Ending this with, write into the wall 'A slowpoke was here'.

A Rank Issues 42hKQJw

EXP to Rank Up
    150 out of 1200
    Jobs
    1. Closed / 2. Closed / 3. Open
    4. Open / 5. Open / 6. Open
    D - 4 / C - 0

Links
    Theme
    Leads to the Unknown
    A Rank Issues Images10

Post by Guest 22nd September 2018, 9:07 am

I was browsing the forums when I came onto this post. I don't know if me posting here now is considered necro-posting or anything but I do have an idea. How about the ability to cast low rank spells as higher rank ones? Like you can do in DnD? That way the staff don't get a lot of extra work and we fill the gap of A rank having no unique perks.
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8

Character Sheet
    First Magic: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Magic:

Post by Cr1tikal 22nd September 2018, 7:29 pm

Try not to necro.

This is a dead horse that isn't beaten anymore. Locking topic.

A Rank Issues MQNhOUw

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 6:42 am