Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private

anastasia
    anastasia

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Guild : ❊ abyssal fleet ❊
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : ❊ the deep underground ❊
    Experience : 325

Character Sheet
    First Skill: ❊ crimtane hex flow ❊
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private Empty Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \ Tia & Kaori \ Private

Post by anastasia 15th September 2017, 8:45 pm

Appearance~
    Tia and Ray~

"My memories... I have waited so long.." Tia said softly, as a small tear trickled down her face and into the wind. Her hair was fluttering in the same direction of the wind, as she clutched a vague letter in her hand. The past months since attending the wedding of Kaori's friend were very strange, and it was all because of a piece of paper. It also changed many things in her life, because she was now commander of a beautiful personal blimp that could fly to far-away areas. She named it "The Bibliotheca," which was latin for the term "library." Upon the purchase of this blimp, she also was able to have one of her childhood friends assist her in operating it. Her name was "Ray," and was another girl that grew up in the library in which Tia did. They both spent weeks of practice learning how to fly this ship, and eventually made it their own. Sprawled around the ship were thousands of books, each with different titles and authors. Tia had let Ray fly the ship at this moment, as she wanted to spend time tidying the place as she was expecting a guest to be flying with them soon. Weeks earlier, Tia had sent a letter to Kaori asking her if she would accompany Tia on this quest. She knew it wouldn't be the easiest to complete, especially alone, and she also felt that it would be special to share this moment with the ally that she had spent a fair amount of time with this year.

"So Tia, why exactly are we headed to Hargeon and Sphere Island?" Ray asked Tia, as she continued to steer forward in the sky. "We are picking up an ally of my quest, which is a dear acquaintance of mine. After, we will be heading to Sphere Island to retrieve a book, which will assist me in regaining my memories. That is why I got a special headboard made over my bed with slits on it, so it will be able to fit all ten books that I will retrieve. I was told of these memories by a letter I received." Tia told her, as Chai walked out from a nap in her smaller bed next to Tia's. "Tia, thee behold mighty sophisticated the present day. I love the color choice of black and red." she told her, as she slipped a book off one of the neatly-organized bookcases and began to flip through the pages. Tia did look surprisingly different than she did while meeting Kaori in the past, as now she was wearing a very tight and official style of clothing that enhanced her features while also making her look extremely dominant and intelligent. "So what exactly does the letter say, Tia?" Ray asked, as Tia showed the letter to her.

"Hello, Tia Haiku.

Your memories are sacred. You have wondered all of your life what your origin was, where you came from, and why you lost these memories. You will soon find this out. Upon each completion, you will be taught one of ten memories that occurred before you turned five. Ten books are scattered across the universe, and it will be your quest to find them. These are hidden, and will take strength, courage, and endurance to find. The first memory lies on Sphere Island, deep within the mountain ranges of this location. Be prepared, as you will encounter sets of obstacles while trying to find these memories.

Sincerely, Unknown."

"Wow, that is deep. We are currently over Hargeon, I am preparing to descend." Ray told the purple-haired girl and exceed, as she ship began to slope from above the clouds to right-above the city of Hargeon. As they landed in the docks, Tia hopped out of the blimp which was floating atop the water, and tied a rope to keep it in place. She then sat on the edge of the blimp, reading "Of Mice and Men." Her hair flowed with the wind as she read, and she became deeply immersed into the book. Inside the ship, Chai was in the second level tidying the guest-bedrooms, as well as the lounge-area, kitchen and bar, and bathroom. Ray was atop the above level, where she was programming a specialized lacrima which she used for directions for Sphere Island. "This is going to be a long journey, but I have faith that I will be able to steer the ship with no issues!" Faye exclaimed, finalizing her programming as it showed a full map of the world. Ray's short hair slightly fluttered in the wind as well, looking like a soft breeze against blue waves. However, her most prominent feature were the bat-wings which sprung from her back out of her dress. She also had glowing red eyes, but did not show any signs of threat. She was one of the kindest people Tia had ever met, which is why she chose her to co-captain the ship with her.

WC: 835 / 6000 ♥

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private 8qhOnIb

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Player 
    Lineage : Godess's Boon
    Position : Saint of Passion
    Guild : Lamia Scale - "Jizō"
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1,444,887.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Assassin Magic
    Second Skill: Celestial Crew
    Third Skill:

Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private Empty Re: Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private

Post by ○Kaori 15th September 2017, 10:04 pm

Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private Ukar8e11

Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private Nviajx11

Kaori had watched from aboard her flag ship as a small, blimp like vessel had docked in the port. She hadn't known when Tia had acquired a ship, nor did she care. She was occupying a space that was reserved for a cargo ship that was supposed to be coming into port within a few minutes. Looking at a different screen in her office, Kaori saw that the cargo ship was early. Kaori's office was her trophy room as well as her guardian post. It was a room on her flagship that doubled as the war and strategic planning room. In the middle of it was a large, circular table with the map of the world and rolled up pages pinned to it with daggers. The pages marked contracts that Kaori had taken up, and there were currently four of them. Wooden figures shaped like men, horses, and ships dotted the map. A large cluster of men and horses were in Midi, with several ships on the largest port in the country. All of the ship pieces looked like a normal boat, except for one... At Hargeon's end of the map were two ships, one that was a normal boat piece, the other was a tiny version of the Arc of Destiny that was scaled to match.

The walls of the room were made of bloodwood, an extremely rare and expensive, but beautiful and rugged wood. Mounted on the walls at the top were the heads of different animals, taking up three rows and encircling the room. The animals weren't the cute ones like deer, elk, and gazelle; no, they were the horrifying types... the ones that Lamia Scale hunted. Below them, on each of the walls were weapons galore. Swords, spears, axes, bows, daggers, guns from all civilizations and time periods- all in perfect condition. Tables with glass cases on them lined the bottom of the room with treasures within, neatly arranged to display Kaori's travels. On the far side of the room was a desk with a stack of paper on it a foot thick sitting in the middle, and four more stacks of equal size on the right side. The desk, like the walls, was made of bloodwood and had an ornate golden pattern embedded into the top that made of gold, not gold paint. Hovering in front the desk were a dozen lacrima screens, all flashing with video feeds from within the residing guild and port town of Hargeon.

What was this exquisite room being housed in? Well, the Arc of Destiny of course! The ship alone was one-thousand five hundred feet from front to back and three-hundred fifty feet across. It towered at six hundred feet above the sea, and had two massive guns that a grown man could walk in, jump around and never hit the top of the barrel in. The top of the ship had a hatch that opened up to reveal a third one of these guns, and the sides had another hatch with two more half their size... the most terrifying part of the ship was that a man could still never hit his head on the top of the barrels if he jumped around in them. Hargeon Port's government had no problem with Kaori parking such a monstrosity in its port as the one who owned it was technically a government official herself, and held high status in the Magic Council as a 'Star' of sorts. While people did know of the ship, since it stuck out like a sore thumb; no one had ever seen the insides. No inspections were performed of the vessel since the ship was also considered Midi territory and any trespassing could be considered an act of war. No one was taken on board who wasn't crew, and the people who were crew were people Kaori all knew better than they knew themselves.

Needless to say, the ship was easily spotted from anywhere in the docks. Kaori pulled out her iLac and made a call to one of the dock officials. "There's currently a young woman docked in bay 36-C, would you mind rerouting her to 41-P?" she said, to which the official said he'd have done immediately. The official would point out to Tia the massive cargo ship that was about to pull in whether she moved or no, and asked her respectfully to move over to the Personal Ship section; even designating a spot that Kaori pointed out. While this was going on, Kaori had stood up and made her way over to the marina.

Upon arriving to Tia's ship, she would notice a different body guard with Kaori. Instead of the suave, and strong Ikuchi being present as she knew him; there was a rather large creature with Kaori. What was with her had a massive head with large, demon-like horns pointing behind it. The head would have many exposed teeth, and be decorated with black, gem-like scales that had crimson trimming on the ends. These scales continued down the back of Ikuchi, all the way to the tip of his tail. His sides, and belly were covered in a thick, dark grey, leathery material that may as well be on a rhino. His four massive claws were the same material as his scales, and were razor sharp. In terms of size, Ikuchi stood at six feet tall while standing on its four massive legs, fifteen feet from nose to tail, and three feet from shoulder to shoulder. It walked beside Kaori, towering her and even being larger than Tia herself. It would approach the ship, moving up to Tia and and giving her a quick smell before nudging her in the stomach with his snout. "That means he likes you." Kaori said in a calm voice. "Ikuchi's currently on a mission, so this one's gonna be accompanying me. Don't worry about him tearing anything up, he normally just finds a corner to curl up in." Kaori added.

The Dragonhound moved away from Tia and found his way to Chai who's entire body was smaller than his head. The teeth came close to her and he began sniffing at the small creature before picking her up in his teeth. She'd notice that his wasn't clamping down as he stalked off with the small purple exceed, and on his way past some books he'd used his tail to remove a book and balance it while walking. "And Chai's fate is sealed..." Kaori said nonchalantly, implying this was normal behavior. As Kaori said he would, the dragonhound went to a corner and curled up in it. The book was gently placed on the floor along with Chai, and the former was slid towards the latter with his tail. It was a simple book called 'Twisted' by Laurie Halse, and his whimpering implied he wanted her to read it to him. If anyone would look the dragonhound in the eyes, they'd notice his eyes were closed.

Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private J6q08l11

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: 1,163/6000
    Mana: 100%

anastasia
    anastasia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private Empty Re: Tia's Memories: The First of Ten \\ Tia & Kaori \\ Private

Post by anastasia 16th September 2017, 7:11 am

"Hello Ma'am, would you please redirect your blimp to 41-P, please? You are in the space designated for a ship that is pulling in as we speak." Tia heard, as she noticed a man running up to her. "And who the hell are you?" she asked him, pushing up her glasses and slamming her book shut. "I am one of the dock officials." he told her, as she hopped aboard the blimp. "Ray, we are being asked to move to slot 41-P in the personal docks. As for you, this spot wasn't in any way appealing, so I am glad to move. Bye." she told him, as she untied the rope holding it down and walked through the side-door of the bottom floor of her ship. She then walked up the stairs and to Ray's steering wheel. She saw Chai gnawing on a tuna melt, which meant that she wanted to have her lunch a bit early.

"I can't believe they would ask us to move, who do they think they are? Messing with mages, especially one from Golden Phoenix... how lame." Ray stated, as she began to ascend to the other side of the dock. Tia noticed that an excessively-large ship was docked there as well, which made Ray scoff. "Who in their right mind would need a ship that large? What are they doing, transporting thousands of ninjas or something?" Ray asked, as they began to once-again descend into the port. "Heh, you aren't exactly wrong there." Tia laughed, as she knew that the ship was most likely Kaori's. "Now docking in 41-P. If they ask us to move again, I will refuse." she told Tia, rolling her eyes. After they had completely pulled into the spot, the door of the lower area of the ship lowered and Tia stepped out to tie the ropes. As for Ray, she flew to the top of the blimp to quietly read before setting sail once again.

"Kay!" Tia exclaimed, as she ran towards her and hugged her with a tight embrace. Her cape was fluttering as she hugged her, but she did not care. It had been months since she had last seen Kaori, and she missed her dearly. "How a-" she began to say, as her eyes widened while she looked behind Kaori. Behind her was a huge beast, which had terrifying teeth and claws. It looked to be a demon to Tia, but noticed that it was accompanying Kaori. "Ikuchi is on a mission? I wish I was able to see him as well, but at least he has something to do with his time." Tia told Kay, as Ray began to descend down with her bat wings. She landed in-front of Tia, and resulted in a bow. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Kaori. I have heard many things about you from Tia, it seems like you have quite the knowings of one-another. I grew up with Tia, and I am a dear friend of hers." Ray stated, shaking Kaori's hand. "I also co-captain the ship, and I would like to get to the desired location as soon as possible. I hope you can all come into the ship soon, as I will depart as soon as you set foot inside." she stated, as she flew to the upper level of the ship.

As they stepped inside, the door behind them lifted up and locked itself. "Now departing, next stop: Sphere Island." Ray's voice said on the ship's intercom, as it began to feel as though the ship was beginning to ascend slowly. As Tia looked around, she gained a sense of happiness because of the work she had put into the blimp. In the story they were in, surrounding them was a bar, a kitchen connected to the bar, a lounge, and rooms leading to the bedrooms and bathrooms. Tia's room was dead center, and was the largest. Aside from those were two other slightly-smaller bedrooms, one for a guest, and one for Ray. Scattered on the walls were bookshelves everywhere, as well as stacks of books. They were all vigorously filled, not wasting any space.

Chai descended from the stairs to the first story once again, and sat inside the lounge. The large dragon-hound approached her, sniffed her, and picked her up inside his mouth. "No, alloweth me down! Please don't killeth me! I am innocent! I just wanted to drinketh some milk!" she cried, as it seemed to pick up a book from one of the stacks with its tail and set it down next to Chai as it bundled up in the corner. "Th... thee wanteth me to readeth 't to thee..... well enow..." she said in a terrified way, as it looked to be falling asleep. Chai flipped the cover of the book open, and began to read it without trying to disturb the creature. As for Tia, she was looking out of one of the observation windows of the lounge. They were flying above the sea, and Hargeon could not have been seen in the distance from how far they had already traveled. "So, what has happened in your life since we have seen each-other last?" Tia asked Kay, as she sat on a couch in the lounge.

WC: 1713 / 6000 ♥

_____________________________________________________________________________________

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Vehicle- Ship- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Motor City Rush- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ○Kaori 16th September 2017, 1:42 pm

Tia had asked what Kaori had been up to for the past few months. "Nothing fun..." Kaori said with a disappointed tone. "I had a few meetings, killed some monsters, hunted a thief, blew myself up... twice, literally went to heaven to fight an archangel, got a free library, and stubbed my toe. Quite literally nothing fun to report." Kaori's tone implied she was serious when she said none of that was fun. Granted no one liked going to meetings, very few people could say they hunted monsters actively. No many people could tell a tale of how they tracked a thief to Fat Monsterland in the Cursed Lands and kicked her ass before reclaiming the stolen item. Very few people made themselves explode by practicing magic, which while not fun, it was an entertaining tale. Most people who went to heaven, normally did not come back. When people went to heaven, they didn't go there to fight one of the most elite of their fighters and everyone below them, and not all of them lived through it either. It was normal to get a new book or two for free, but to obtain an entire library -not to mention the library was from heaven itself and contained many books never seen by mortal eyes- was restricted to inheritance, blackmail, or buying it out. All Kaori had to do was bead down a shit ton of angels, talk down to a general, and threaten to turn his city into a pile of really expensive rubble- not like that would make a good story or anything...

Kaori had just remembered something she'd noticed earlier and wanted to check out. She suddenly vanished from being near Tia and reappeared behind Ray. The unsuspecting girl wouldn't hear a single thing since Kaori's movements didn't produce any natural sound. If she had enhanced hearing, she would hear a water droplet as it hit the surface of a body of water, but only one. Kaori also had a rather strange blessing, one that changed her scent to match that of the world around her which made it so she may as well not had any scent at all. Standing behind their lovely pilot, Kaori had a wide grin while staring at the pair of wings on her back and wiggling her fingers in anticipation. She would suddenly feel something pinching both of the wings. "Holy crap those are real!" Kaori shouted in surprise, not haven ever seen a human with wings before. "They're so cut!!!" she added while pinching them some more. The pinches weren't hard like when you tried confirming that you weren't in a dream, but rather just a very gentle touch... like when a lover caresses your body. While that's an extreme comparison, it's still valid. Kaori moved to a nearby window and looked out at the ocean, feeling a large smile grow on her face. She loved the sea, and the sky, and even the land. Not the way a tree hugger loved them, but rather, she loved being surrounded by it and seeing them change. Mountains became deserts that became prairies, that in turn became lush forests. Oceans became deltas, then rivers before finally ending at a large lake or turning into more rivers that lead back out to the ocean. Traveling by air, the skies were vast and the clouds looked soft enough to sleep on.

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: 1,731/6000

anastasia
    anastasia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by anastasia 17th September 2017, 10:09 am

"An entire library from heaven?! You will have to show me that sometime!" Tia exclaimed, as Kaori stated what she had done while they had not seen each-other. "I escorted a couple across some mountains and visited an ancient ruins site, but that is it." Tia told her, as she got up and walked across to the bar. She walked behind the counter and began mixing drinks, fixing two glasses of mojito. She got a large shaker for alcohol and filled it with slight mint, and began to pour inside lime juice and rum. She began to shake it vigorously, as she could feel the clanking of the ice and mint inside of the shaker. She then poured the cocktail into the glasses, which created a beautiful mixture of a white drink with a green undertone. She then added a bit of club-soda into the halfway-filled cups, and garnished it with a mint sprig. She began to walk back to where her and Kaori were sitting, when she noticed there was a faint appearance of smoke around where Kay was. She had vanished, but knew that she had not gone entirely too far. "Hmm... I will just put it inside the fridge." she exclaimed, as she walked back to behind the bar and slipped Kaori's drink into the refrigerator to cool. She then grabbed a book off the shelf, sat on the couch, and began to sip on her drink.

On the top deck, Ray was innocently sitting on the captain's chair of the ship. She was manning the wheel, which would cause the blimp to turn or descend, but was sitting to read since they were flying straight ahead. Like Tia, Ray loved to read, and she would get deeply immersed as she did so. She was also reading 'Of Mice and Men,' so her and Tia could gradually talk about it along the trip. She was so immersed in the book that she did not in any way notice Kaori appear behind her, or her inspecting her wings. She could feel hands begin to pinch them, which made her realize she was not alone. Ray bounced up into the sky and levitated over the figure touching her wings, which appeared to be Kaori. She descended down to Kaori's level once again, and bowed to her presence. "You scared me, for I thought you could have been an intruder. Thank you, I enjoy my wings as well." she told Kaori, as her eyes pulsated between a light and dark red.

As Kaori was looking over the side of the upper layer of the blimp, the lacrima sitting in-front of the captain's chair began to ping. It began to signal that they were approaching Sphere Island, which caused Ray to lower the speaker toward her mouth. "We are now going to begin descending into Sphere Island." After they landed upon the outskirts of the Island, Ray lowered the door of the lower-story of the blimp. She then flew down and tied the ship down into the dirt, using stakes and ropes. Tia grabbed Chai from the dragon-hound, and let her climb onto her shoulders. She then slipped a few bottles of water into her bag, and began to walk out of the doors of the lower-level. "Ray, please guard the blimp when we are gone. If we are gone for multiple days, there is food stored in the fridge." Tia told Ray, as she flew to sit on-top of the sails. As Tia's feet met the soil, a surge of blue-light rained through the whole island. A small beacon of blue light shot up from a peak of one of the mountains, which was quite strange. "Memory Number One..." echoed through the mountains, with an unknown voice that sounded nearly too perfect to be real. "The book can be anywhere here, Kay, so we should begin scanning the grounds immediately. That beacon of light was strange, however. Perhaps we should venture there first?" Tia asked her, as they began to walk through the forested outskirts of the mountain ranges.

WC: 2392 / 6000 ♥

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ○Kaori 17th September 2017, 9:39 pm

As the ship landed on the island, Kaori paid attention to the warm sun and the sand all over the place. There were a great deal of boulders littering the beach, with some trees much farther up ahead. The girl was asked to guard the ship, an idea that was pretty good considering as pirates had a tendency to come to islands. The dragonhound stalked his way out of the ship, slowly digging his five inch claws into the warm sand while looking around. Kaori looked back to the exceed and said "Chai, you should stay here too. If anything happens you can come and find us." with a calm voice. While the reason given was logical, the other reason was that she didn't want anyone with them who couldn't kick some ass. If Chai were to come along and get captured, it would mean that Tia and Kaori would have to stray from the mission at hand and find her again. It wouldn't be too hard since Ikuchi had her scent, but it'd still be a pain in the ass all the same.

Tia had noticed something that Kaori had not. Where she saw the land glowing, Kaori saw nothing but the sunlight radiating off the sand. Where she saw a beacon firing from a mountain, Kaori had seen a maintain standing tall and proud among the rest of the world around it. Tia had heard a voice, but where she heard that, Kaori had heard nothing more than the wind blowing. "I... actually didn't see anything..." Kaori said with an awkward tone, trying not to sound like she were accusing Tia of being insane. "How about for this one you lead, and I'll cover your back." Kaori said and gestured for Tia to take point. With a half dragon and the most dangerous person in Hargeon at her back, she had nothing to be afraid of.

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: 2,050/6000

anastasia
    anastasia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by anastasia 18th September 2017, 5:40 pm

"But I wanteth to wend! This is not fair!" Chai exclaimed, as Kaori had told her to stay behind. "I believe you should stay back as well, Chai... I just don't want anything bad to happen to you, as we do not have any idea of what will happen when we go on this adventure.." Tia said with a slight frown, as Chai began to slowly walk into the closing doors of the ship. As the small exceed stepped foot into the doors of the blimp, the doors shut and made it appear as if it were a flat surface. While it shut, wind jetted off of the doors being sealed shut which caused Tia's hair to flutter more in the wind than it was already doing. "I feel bad leaving Chai here, but I suppose it was for the best.." Tia told her, with a slight sigh being added to the end of the statement. After all, this was the first time Chai had ever been separated from Tia on a job. As Tia turned to face the mountains once again, the beacon began to fade from the mountain in which it was shooting up from. It began to dissipate like paper flying in the wind, which resulted in Tia pulling out her iLac. She snapped a picture of the area in which the beacon was, therefore making it easier to remember which direction to follow.

"You.. couldn't see it?" Tia asked her, as she was very confused. "I wonder why.." Tia began to remark, as she saw a small blue light skitter across the trees in-front of her. "I know i'm not crazy.." she began to say, as she began to jog towards the light. As her boots hitting the ground switched from running on sand into dirt, she heard a slight giggle above her. As she looked above, she saw nothing but a blur of light sip through the trees. "Who is there?!" Tia exclaimed in fright, which echoed through the trees. As they advanced farther into the thicket, the blue light descended from the trees. "Memories... The guardians... Test to prove your worth..." a small voice said, as a small blue fairy appeared from the light. "Boop~!" the fairy exclaimed, as she multiplied into a group of five fairies.

"We are the five water Faes of Memory.." the fairies said in unison, as they began to fly around the girls. "We are here to prove your worth and power, and eliminate you if you are weak.." they began to say, as Tia's eyes widened. "You will not be successful." Tia stated, as she began to sprint rapidly around the fairies. "ReQuip: Eternity of Burns!" she exclaimed, as a book fell into her hands. As she rapidly ran, her eyes focused on a fallen tree which was propped against a tree still standing, creating something similar to a ramp. She ran up the fallen tree and jumped from the living tree, swiping her nails across the cover of the book. "Eeeep~!" two fairies screamed, as their bodies developed into flames. They quickly flew off into the distance, far throughout the trees. "Three remain of us, but do not feel accomplished.." the three fairies said in unison, as it began to drizzle.

WC: 2937 / 6000 ♥

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ○Kaori 18th September 2017, 7:49 pm

Kaori watched as a small blue light showed up and began talking, to which she had no reaction to. If this were Kaori from the time she'd arrived in Fiore, she would have been thoroughly impressed. She would have been considering herself insane as she stood beside herself not knowing. In her short time in Fiore, Kaori had come across a zombie pirate that was friendly. She'd encountered a dragonhound that turned into a human, had a portal to another realm open up in the middle of her room, acquired an angel servant, summoned people from an entirely different realm, and so much more weird shit... A talking light at this point was just another day where 'because magic' was a valid explanation for it. The light turned into a woman about the size of an average book, so like... six or seven inches who split off into five others. Kaori stood there and blinked while tilting her head to the side while the small creatures explained they'd need to prove their strength. 'They do realize that just Tia alone could beat them, Ikuchi and I are... overkill when compared to overkill.' she thought while watching Tia begin.

Tia had used her fire book thing to dispatch two of the fairies. The other three commented on how they shouldn't be singing praises just yet, as three of them remained. They made it begin drizzling, a trick that made Kaori put on a bored face. "You three have even less a chance against us than before." Kaori said in a sigh and snapped her fingers. A white circle appeared in a large radius around them, marking the end of the battle as the three fairies were in range of the attack. A pure white magic circle formed within the area Kaori's spell specified as the air filled with a strange display of white, snow-like particles. Tia would see the particles appearing one by one and feel herself filling with a different emotion from whatever she was feeling before. She'd feel her heart grow heavy. She'd feel sadness, fear, despair, confusion, and an all encompassing feeling of helplessness. She'd then feel her body grow increasingly heavy until she was unable to move under the weight of Kaori's troubled heart. The three remaining fairies all hit the floor from the weight and slowly trembled with wide eyes at the amount of pain the attack produced. The pain wasn't the same as being hit by Tia's fire attack, but rather an emotional pain caused by the amount of pain Kaori lived with on a daily basis. Ikuchi seemed unaffected by the attack as he was bonded with Kaori, he knew her pains and aided in shouldering what few she would let him.

"We won." Kaori said bluntly, retracting her magic circle and allowing the three fairies and Tia to stop feeling her negative emotions. The three fairies laid on the ground still quivering from the attack, obviously having sustained some form of trauma from spending ten seconds in Kaori's life. "I'm sorry for doing that Miss Haiku, but I didn't feel like killing them." Kaori said while looking at Tia, her voice slightly distorted from the mask she wore. Ikuchi had walked over to one of the fairies and grabbed it by its clothes with his teeth. This action caused the small lady to return from her trip to hell and begin screaming to be released, even trying to bargain with the animal stating she's not worth eating. Kaori let out a sigh "Dammit, what's it with dragons and fairies...? Drop her!" Kaori exclaimed the command. The dragonhound opened its jaws and let the woman hit the floor before gently resting one of his toes on her, preventing escape. He let out a series of groans, much like the ones huskies let out, as though talking. "I don't care if you think she's cute, you can't have her!" Kaori argued with the beast.

Dragonhound: *More husky like groans* (But we won, we should get a prize.)
    Kaori: "We've been through this before, people aren't prizes."
    Dragonhound: *three short groans* (It's a fairy...)
    Kaori: "That's actually a good point... still, no!."
    Dragonhound: *long whine* (Why noooooot?)
    Kaori: "Because I see it as human."
    Dragonhound: *whimpering* (Please, master.)
    Kaori: "Do we need to do more... 'training' tomorrow?"
    Dragonhound: *sharp whine & groaning sound* (No ma'am!)

The dragonhound lifted its toe from the fairy, letting it go free. Meanwhile the other two fairies had watched the scene with a large sweat-bubble creeping down their back. The cause for it was that there was a human talking to a beast as though it were human, the beast was replying with full understanding of what the human was saying (or seemed like it knew), and they were arguing about the morality of claiming a fairy as a prize. That, and one of their comrades was being held captive by a giant monster of a dog... demon... thing and they had not the slightest clue what the hell to do. The three fairies were left to leave in the end, and Ikuchi was rather sad as he didn't get a new friend. Kaori rubbed his snout "There, there... if one of them picks you then you can pick him or her back..." Kaori said, providing a glimmer of home. Ikuchi licked her mask to show a sign of affection, making Kaori grateful she wore the mask. "Alright, now that we're done with that madness... Miss Haiku, you said we were going to the mountain, yes?" Kaori asked while looking at their fearless leader.

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: 2,984/6000

anastasia
    anastasia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by anastasia 19th September 2017, 3:38 pm

After Tia had dispatched the two fairies, she noticed a white circle begin to form around her and the fairies. "What are you do-" Tia began to scream at Kay, as the white particles which began to fall consumed her. Her eyes filled with tears, and began to leak down her face like waterfalls. She felt her heart begin to twist in her chest, she felt her head pound, she felt her eyes get heavier, she felt her bones begin to ache. She felt pain, but it was more emotional then physical. She could also hear the whimpers of the fairies on the ground next to her. "I... I can't deal with this sadness.." the fairies cried, as they rolled around on the ground. As Tia was trying to climb out of the circle, it seemed to have faded from underneath them. Behind her were the three fairies, still trembling in fear on the grassy ground. "It's fine.." Tia said, as she responded to Kaori's apology while walking to stand next to the ninja.

While she walked over to Kaori, she noticed that the dragon-hound had walked over to the quivering fairies and picked one up in it's teeth. "Let me go! Let me go! You don't know what you're doing! I'm one of the great water fairies of memory! Let me go!" the fairy screamed, as the dragon-hound dropped her at Kaori's command. However, it had seemed that while he wined he held her under his foot. Tia was very confused as she witnessed Kaori and the hound do something that seemed as though they were talking, but she did not ask any questions. As they finished talking, he fully released the fairy and the group flew away fairly quickly. "Freedom~!" they all exclaimed in unison, as they began to fly away to join the rest of their comrades.

"We should begin to ascend the mountains, I do not want this search to take too long.." Tia said, as she began to walk through the forested greenery into a blank field in between the mountain path and the forest. "Well, this looks fairly harmless." Tia stated, as she began to walk ahead of them to look around and tucking her fiery book into her bag just in case. While doing so, she seemed to notice an echo which seemed to drift upward as she spoke. "I wonder wha- eeeek!" Tia screamed, as the ground below her seemed to fall from underneath. As she peered down, she noticed that the wide-hole was very deep and spacious. In the corner of her eye she noticed a branch which stuck out from the dirt near the top of the hole she fell in. "ReQuip, Herbalist Volume I!" she screamed, as a green book fell into her hands.

Immediately as it fell into her hands, she swiped the cover which caused a flowery vine to shoot out toward the branch. It wrapped around the branch and tied a knot, which left Tia dangling over a deep abyss by both of her hands. As the vine reached the side of the pit, she began to use the wall as a way to pull herself up the deep hole by digging her boots into the side of the hole. After minutes of climbing, she finally reached the top. "Kay, help me up!" she exclaimed, as she stuck her single hand up from the branch she was standing on.

WC: 3511 / 6000 ♥
    Muse: 3 / 10 ♣

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ○Kaori 20th September 2017, 5:07 pm

It wasn't too far after the events that their fearless leader had fallen for one of the most classic of all traps... the pit fall. Kaori's eyes turned to a black expression as she stopped and watched Tia continue walking, and then screaming as though genuinely surprised that she fell into a black pit. Sand everywhere and then a pile of leaves covering a singular patch of sand, and her logic was to walk right over it... It was almost enough to make Kaori leave her there while she went off to finish the mission, but only Tia knew where the book was. Kaori walked to the edge to see Tia pulling herself back up. 'Granted she was raised in what may as well be captivity, she's good at thinking quickly.' Kaori thought, giving the somewhat new adventurer credit where it was due. As she called for Kaori to help her out, she'd feel her body lifting up while a dark violet glow took over her form. Kaori used her telekinesis to se Tia gently on the safe side of the trap before moving herself over with the same technique. The dragonhound simply lept across the gap with no trouble at all, his powerful lets allowing him to do this. "Next time we come across a pile of leaves conveniently placed in the middle of our path, I'm casting my vote to go around it. All in favor?" Kaori said while holding her hand up, the dragonhound raising his tail. Her tone wasn't condescending, or even sarcastic; but rather it reflected the fact that she was trying to make a joke out of what could've been a nasty situation.

Attracted by the sound of Tia's rather vulnerable and cut scream, a group of Dark Mages crossed the duo's path as they continued forward. Kaori would put her hand on Tia's waist while moving herself in front of the group and drawing her sword. "These ones, I don't mind killing." she said while continuing her advance. The ten mages all began creating some sort of fusion spell, combining their shadowy magic to create a single blast of darkness. Kaori put her hand in front her and created a barrier that completely stopped the attack. She then vanished and when she reappeared, two of the mage's heads hit the floor followed by their bodies. The other eight mages all turned, realizing that their comrades had died before they even noticing Kaori vanishing. One of them tried to take a step back, as he was the closest to her, but was immediately cut from groin to mandible. A female dark mage was next on the menu, and as she charged a black orb to fite at Kaori, the ninja moved text to her while spinning on a heel. This put Kaori behid the mage, where she proceeded to cut her spine open. A vertical slash down the middle of the girl's back had ended her life, and Kaori vanished once more. When she reappeared, a fifth mage had met his end with a sword through the heart. Three of the remaining mages tried running for their lives, but the dragonhound flicked his tail and sent out a series of onyx spikes that hit them. The first one took four spikes to the head, heart, and lungs. The second had spikes fly through her stomach and tear her insides out, and the third had been hit in the head. The last two were coming at Tia, and Kaori had no concerns for the woman's ability to defend herself so she would let her handle them.

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: 3,585/6000

anastasia
    anastasia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by anastasia 20th September 2017, 6:53 pm

As Tia reached to try and grab Kaori's leg, she noticed her body being developed in a purple light. She began to widen her eyes as she began to float to the other side of the large hole, as she also noticed Kaori doing the same. "That is such a unique ability, I envy that." she told her as they both landed, and noticed the dragon-hound leap across the hole as if it were a small rock. "Um... Definitely, I find it rather embarrassing that I fell into that hole.." Tia said in an embarrassed tone, as they began to advance ahead. The sand under Tia's boots felt very firm and soft, which caused them to leave slight footprints on the way there. The covered pits of leaves seemed to have ended at this point of the trail, as it was just pure, flat sand near the beginning of the trails up the hill. Luckily for them, Tia could recognize a rather easy trail that led them to the location in which Tia thought the book would be located. "We should go up this trail, as i-" she was saying, as she turned to see a rather strange sight walking toward them in the sand.

Approaching them was a mass of ten mages, that of which were wearing purple and white robes and had sinister-looking eyes. Above them looked to be a spell similar to that of one of Tia's books, void. "They... they are dark mages. They have the same properties of one of my books..." Tia began to say, as the spell began to launch toward the party of three. However, Kaori had saved the day once again, as she had neutralized the attack and began to cause a massacre on the mages by herself. She, by herself, killed eight of ten, as the other two seemed to escape her grasp and run toward Tia. "Requip, Void: Volume I!" she exclaimed, as the two mages running toward her gasped. "She... she has one of the dark books.." she heard them whisper, as she began to cause the book to levitate. As dark energy fed out of the book into a single ball, Tia did a spin to split the ball into two. "Ne forte disperdam te in tenebris, et non mittet in quo pertinent et inanis, et sine fine pit ab aeterno et cruciatu." a deep and terrifying voice screamed out of Tia's mouth, as one eye turned completely black. A single tear ran through Tia's unaffected eye, as it widened in pure terror. "Vocatio enim vacui est, habeat etiam iratos!" the deep voice screamed, as Tia's arms swung the two orbs of purple darkness above her onto the two dark mages. She heard screams, and then they shrunk into thin air. The two mages were gone, and left no trace compared to their eight dead mages accompanying them.

"I... I... that was not my voice..." Tia began to cried out of the one normal eye, as she looked into Kaori's. Immediately as she looked at Kaori, the completely black version of Tia's eye rolled into the back of her head, exposing her normal eye once again. "Wh.. What has happened?" Tia began to pant, as she reached into her bag and downed a bottle of water. "That has never happened before... especially not last time I used that spell, and I was with you that time also.." she insisted, as they began to reach the path heading up the mountains. She was very confused, but decided to shake it off to not drift away from the point of this job. "Well, I need to ask... how has Ikuchi been? I really wanted to speak to him this trip as well.." Tia said, as they began to walk up a semi-steep trail. Now that they were walking up the trail, Tia realized that they were not as close to the area in which they were intended to go, but her determination to find the book was higher than she had ever felt determination before.

WC: 4189 / 6000 ♥
    Translation:
    Let the darkness consume you, and send you back to where you belong, the void, an endless pit of eternal suffering and torture.

Feel the wrath of the void's calling!

Last edited by Tia Haiku on 21st September 2017, 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ○Kaori 20th September 2017, 8:41 pm

Kaori watched in silence as Tia dismissed the other two mages using one of her books. The first time she'd seen the pale girl use her void book, it was against two very large creatures. That time was a bit different from this time, as last time she used it she didn't go into a trance like state and begin speaking ancient languages. Normal people would be phased by such things. Normal people didn't have dragons that turned into people. Normal people didn't have war ships that towered over the port they're parked in. Normal people couldn't turn into ten versions of themselves and kill an enemy without batting an eyelash... Kaori wasn't normal by any means. Once the spell was done, Tia seemed to return to normal and began panicking from the situation. Kaori walked over and said "Relax..." before using her knuckle to wipe away the couple tears that fell from her face. "...We're here to get answers anyways, so let's pin this one to the wall. Kay?" she said with a comforting tone. The ninja was used to weird stuff since she'd been in Fiore, and she was already really good at keeping her composure in the face of adversity; so, she had a leg up on Tia in that department. Being a clan leader does that to a person...

They had arrived at the base of the mountains and upon Tia realizing the climb would be a lot longer than expected, tried asking about Ikuchi as a means of passing time. Kaori and the dragonhound looked at each other while Tia was looking at the path leading up the mountain, and then looked back at Tia. "Iku's been alright. He trains hard, and keeps up with his chores." Kaori got on the dragonhound's back and had him walk faster to catch up with Tia and nudge her on the back. "Though the rest of his story might be alarming for you..." Kaori teased, intentionally not telling Tia about Gabriella. She knew both had an interest in her servant, but Kaori didn't feel like letting Tia know she had competition. "Anyhow, call me lazy but I'd rather not climb this mountain on foot. Get on." Kaori said with a friendly voice at first that quickly changed to an authoritative one. As soon as Tia got on, Kaori would tell her not to let go of her under any circumstance...

Once Tia got on and had a good grip on Kaori, the dragonhound would turn to the mountain and slam his five inch claws in the side of it to begin climbing. The creature was a mass of muscle, scales, and badassness- he didn't even feel like there were two girls on his back while climbing, and he didn't slow down at all. In no time at all, he'd arrived to the part of the path that lead inside the mountain and he gently leaned his side over to let his passengers disembark. "So much faster than walking." Kaori commented. "You okay Miss Haiku?" she would ask, knowing that most first time riders ended up losing their lunch from the vertical angle, bumpiness, and over all rough ride.

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: 4,116/6000

anastasia
    anastasia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by anastasia 21st September 2017, 4:57 pm

After they had reached the peak where the beacon was shining from, hidden between the mountains was a sprawl of ruins. "It looks like a village once stood here.." Tia said, as they began to descend from the mountain peak around the ruins. Sprawled around them were few skeletons, as well as piles of ash and slight remains of houses. It looked as if the area was struck with a natural disaster, but Tia felt a strange feeling as she began to walk through the ruins with Kaori. "I feel like I can sense a bit of magical power nearby... the book must be here." Tia told her ally, as she began to search around the areas. Sprawling around this fallen city were dead trees, which appeared to be scorched by a deadly flame. Dust gathered around the bases of the ruins, along with some shattered glass and bones. "This place is so eerie and huge, I have no idea how we will find the-" Tia stopped speaking, as they came across a giant crater in the center of the town.

"It... it's the book!" Tia exclaimed, as she ran towards the crater which had a book placed in the middle of it. As she entered the crater, a similar blue light of the beacon that had fired through the mountains pulsed through the mountains, as the book began to glow. It started to levitate, and flipped through the pages. Immediately, the party would be developed in blue light and seem to turn slightly translucent. Out of a large flash of white light, the ruins switched into a lively town, bustling with people and loads of energy. However, the beautiful town of wooden houses and colorful banners quickly turned into screaming and flames. As the memory began to slow down, two figures began to get outlined in blue. Toward the entrance of the village, which was clear of flames as of then, was a woman with distinctly purple hair and a rather spherical belly. She was noticeably pregnant, and was running out of the burning city to safety. "That is your mother..." the clear voice that she heard earlier said through her mind, as Tia's eyes began to fill with tears.

As she cut out of the frame, their focus cut to a man outlined in blue, which had pink hair and was wielding a long sword. The ground began to shake in the illusion, and a large beast began to descend from the sky. "A... a manticore.." Tia cried, as it began to slice open the bodies of the townsfolk. "That is your father..." the voice said, as he began to charge at the beast. Tia gasped as he was thrown into the air, and was gulped into the manticore's mouth and eaten. "No!" Tia screamed, as the burning town slowly faded back into ruins. "That... That isn't right... There has to be more in the other books... this cannot be real!" Tia screamed, as the book began to levitate once again. The book slammed open and landed on a certain page, which was sprawled with a giant image of the terrifying beast which killed her father. Immediately, out of the book jumped the giant beast, roaring to assert its dominance.

"I... I'll kill you!" Tia screamed, as she began to sprint around the beast with immense speed. "ReQuip: Aspects of the Crusades!" she screamed in anger, as she quickly scaled a large building which was leaned on its side. She jumped off of the building into the air, as she swiped the cover of the book to form a large sword above her. She commanded it to fly into the manticore, and it sliced through the bottom of its wings. The manticore wallowed in pain, and locked eyes with Tia. "Shit." Tia said, as she began to run through the ruins as the manticore chased her through them quickly.

WC: 4841 / 6000 ♡
    MP: 85%

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ○Kaori 23rd September 2017, 2:48 pm

Often times truth was hard to accept, and for someone who lived a relatively comfortable life, the knowledge of tragety was something easy to deny. Kaori was used to this sort of thing where reality turned to a vision of the past since she did it fairly often, and the scene of people being slaughtered wasn't that unfamiliar to her either. Kaori had slaughtered plenty of settlements, and she had seen them being slaughtered multiple times so she was completely numb to any emotions it might cause. There wasn't anything Kaori could say to make it hurt any less, and certainly nothing she could do. Tia had known Kaori had the ability to do the exact same thing the book had done, but she didn't want to remind her of that since there was the risk of learning everything at once. Doing that would overload the woman, and likely make her either lose her mind or become numb to emotion.

Things had taken a turn when a monster jumped out of the book that was causing the vision that genuinely surprised Kaori. 'Okay... that's a thing.' she thought while watching the fight begin, being surprised enough to let Tia begin the fight. She had done well for the first few seconds, but seemed to have pissed off the manticore. Kaori let out a sigh "Ancient ruins, giant ass monsters, and they're always pissed off..." she said in a soft, annoyed tone. The dragonhound had begun charging the manticore and rammed into it, sending it flying across the ground and letting it know that it wasn't going to be a one on one fight. Kaori had drawn her Katana and vanished, reappearing near Tia. "This is your fight, so you'll be the one to finish it. We'll cover you." Kaori said in a calm tone, getting ready for the battle ahead. She would move with Tia and use her barrier to block ranged attacks. The dragonhound would keep the manticore from landing any physical attacks while also distracting it by firing tail spikes it it.

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: 4,461/6000

anastasia
    anastasia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by anastasia 23rd September 2017, 4:15 pm

As Tia ran from the manticore, Kaori and the dragon-hound had appeared next to her to assist her in every way possible. "Th... Thank you, I will kill him... for my father's sake!" she screamed, as she raised both of her hands in the air. "ReQuip: Tidal Waves: Volume I and Eternity of Burns!" she screamed, as two books formed in each of her hands. One was developed in pink and red flames, and one appeared to have a rain-cloud of blue and green water floating above it. "Merge attacks!" she screamed, as she threw the books into the air. She then swiped both of them at the same time as they fell, which caused an attack as beautiful as deadly to occur. The cone of fire circulated around the fizzing water, causing it to boil through the air it was speeding through. Both of the attacks struck the beast at the same time, causing it to slightly fall over. The beast appeared to be at its breaking point, but so did Tia on the other end. Due to mental pain more then physical, she began to weep and let her guard down.

"Kaori, please back away.." she asked her ally, while she walked closer to the horrific beast. "Why would you do this to my family's village? You killed my father, and you had no reason why... countless lives were lost here... all because of you.." she said, as the frames of her glasses broke while the beast roared. "You will not defeat me without dying, as I will die in honor of getting revenge of my father.." she said, as she threw her glasses off of her face. "An angel dips into my soul as of yet, that of which my father's voice echoes that I am reconciled with the beings of both realms: the light and the darkness!" a pure voice screamed out of her mouth, as her eye which was unaffected earlier by the void spell rolled into the back of her head to reveal a glowing-white color. "Sis damnatus ignoscendum missus finxit se pro merito!" she screamed, as she pulled back her hand that began to glow a white color. "Sapientia Angelica trabem!" she screamed, as she pushed her hand forward to coat the beast with a beam of light energy. To her luck, this caused the beast's slash of its claws to stop right in-front of Tia's face, which would have been a fatal blow.

The light that coated the beast exploded and closed in, causing the beast to vanish into thin-air. "I... I'm alive.." Tia cried, as she fell to her knees next to the book which was sent down to the area, which landed in Tia's lap when it stopped floating in the air. "Memory One has been completed..." the voice that was deemed to sound perfect echoed through the mountains, which seemed to be coming from the book. "I cannot believe that my father passed like that.. he's gone.." she said under her breath, as she began to cry, However, she wiped away her tears, composed herself, and got up from the ground while carrying the book. As she picked up the book, a final blue beam of light shot out of it, which caused all of the ruins of the village to dissipate into thin air. Sprouting from the ground were flowers and grass, along with trees growing at rapid pace. "We got what we came here for, Kaori... Thank you.." she hugged Kaori in such a tight embrace, signaling that she thought those moments would have been her last.

WC: 5440 / 6000 ♡

Translation:
    May you be condemned to be forgiven, and sent into the afterlife that is deemed for the good!

Angelic Beam!

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ○Kaori 23rd September 2017, 8:30 pm

Kaori and Ikuchi continued keeping the manticore busy while Tia hit it with a pair of fused spells. A point came where Kaori was told to fall back, and she did as told. Ikuchi moved out of the way in time to see a bright light engulf the beast and destroy it. Tia was the only one to hear the voice telling her that their mission was complete, and only she saw the beacon firing. Kaori had known that there are some things only meant for one set of eyes and ears, and had no questions about it. Tia had hugged Kaori tightly, an action the masked ninja returned to a less bone crushing extent. She had assumed it was a show of gratitude for accompanying her to this strange place.

The trip back, Kaori was quiet unless Tia spoke to her. The woman had lived much of her life not knowing her past, and Kaori knew she'd need time to come to terms with what she saw. At the same time, Kaori was going over the questions she'd asked during the fight to the manticore. Naturally they were rhetorical, not meant to be answered as surly Tia knew the beast had no method of replying beyond snarls, growls, and roars. 'This one reacts differently to death than you do.' Ikuchi said in Kaori's head. 'People in my clan are accustom to seeing death. We both know that death has no effect on me, I've seen and caused too much to actually care.' Kaori replied in a calm mental tone. 'So it is normal to have no reaction, or to have a negative one?' the dragonhound asked, trying to get clarification. 'It depends on how you were raised. Gaijin are raised in comfortable homes with all their needs provided. They have no reason to fight for land, and thus don't see much- if any death during their privileged lives. When something suddenly stops living, they react by falling apart.' Kaori replied, explaining the difference. Ikuchi knew that Kaori's life was the opposite... Up till the time she'd arrived in Lamia Scale, she was lucky to go a day only needing to kill two or three people. She had to master stealing in order to get food while in cities, and abandon any form of humanity she had to survive to be as old as she was. He only replied by saying 'I understand.' in her mind, to acknowledge he had no further questions.

Upon getting to the ship but not boarding it, standing a good ten or so yards from the vessel, Kaori called to Tia to get her attention. "I understand it is difficult to know, and you have ill feelings towards the manticore." she began, choosing her words carefully. "But understand that the difference between man and monster is morality and ideals. To the manticore, it was merely asserting dominance and doing what comes naturally to it. As for your father, do not mourn his death but celebrate his life. He lived long enough to find love, and produce a child with more power than himself who didn't turn to darkness. When the choice came to sacrifice himself, or sacrifice someone else; he chose to die a hero. Pray that you could die being half of that, if not more. That is how the people of my clan treat death." Kaori said before continuing her path to the ship. The dragonhound wouldn't be far behind her.

Once on the ship, Kaori would be sitting up at the wheel house with Ray. She had a book that was extremely ancient looking, and it wasn't just for show. The cover was made of leather that was folded in half, the pages within were held in place by a leather band that kept everything together by being weaved at the spine. Where modern books had embroidered, or inked in titles, this book had its titled branded onto it with a hot iron piece. The pages were yellow, and so brittle that Kaori had to her her telekinesis to turn them or risk breaking the pages with her touch. The writing was writting in a language so old that very few humans, Kaori included, could read their letters. It was the tongue of the dragons, a language that was no longer used since almost no dragons existed anymore and what few did, had no relations with human settlements. The book had pictures of different kinds of dragons, and words at the bottom of the pages to describe the dragons and their natural abilities. Kaori was combing over them carefully to understand the creatures in the event she ever had to fight one, that, and for the sake of just knowing about them.

Once the ship had been sailing for an hour or so, Kaori pulled out the pair of broken glasses that Tia had thrown aside earlier in the mission. She viewed the history of the object from the time they entered the ruins and then a violet glow took over the object. The missing piece of glass had reformed, and the crack began receding to leave behind a pair of undamaged lenses. However, Kaori didn't stop at just undoing the damage done to them on that day. Kaori had continued restoring the glasses to make them exactly how they were when Tia had first gotten them, removing any scratches that they'd gotten over time, or any blemishes from prior use. She would then close her dragon book and store it in her satchel before going to wherever Tia was to return them to her, saying that she fixed her glasses and that she looked cute without them, but cuter with them.

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: 5,412/6000

anastasia
    anastasia

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by anastasia 23rd September 2017, 9:19 pm

"My... my father died a hero... He subdued the beast, and saved many... how brave.." Tia cried, as she once again hugged Kaori tightly outside of the blimp that was lowering its doors. It was now nighttime, and Ray was standing atop the higher floor preparing the ship to begin its voyage back to Hargeon to drop off Kaori and to the Phoenix Mountains, where she kept the blimp while it was not in use. "I will forever remember him, and his history is plastered in this beautiful book." she told Kaori, as the door lowered to the point where they could step into the blimp. Tia walked in first, and began to slip behind the bar to fix a small dinner for the ones who retrieved the book. She had crafted a simple meal that consisted of a bowl of Chicken-Caesar Salad, followed by macaroni and cheese and a glass of warm, green tea with ginseng and honey. She quickly downed hers as Kaori was up near Ray, and left Kaori's upon the bar for her to enjoy whenever she wanted.

appearance~

As she walked into her room, she undressed from her official-clothing and switched into a flowing purple and white dress and a pink cardigan to cover her arms. "May your legacy live on, father.." she said as a small tear slipped down her face, pushing the book into the specially made headboard of her bed. While it was a perfect fit, when she entered it a blue light shone from the bottom of the headboard in a dim fashion. Her room was beautifully decorated, and consisted of a muted purple paint across the walls with book-cases lining three of the four walls. On the wall facing the back of the ship, it consisted of window everywhere except where a wall covered behind her bed. Lining the tops and bottoms of the windows were plants of all different colors and shapes, each hanging from ropes tied from the ceiling or from trellises shooting up from their planters. Tia looked out the window, which showed the vast sea stretching as far as the eye could see in the nighttime, as well as a small speck of the island which they were just on. "I'm so thankful.." she commented, as she watched the small fish in the hanging glasses swim around the sticks of plants that protruded their water-space.

As Tia walked over to the purple, faux-fur, reclining chair which sat near the majority of the books sprawling the walls, she noticed Chai was curled up inside it with a blanket and pillow. She sat down with Chai, and picked her up to cuddle her. "Chai, we found the book." she told her, as Chai pawed her hand with hers. "Thee didst? Lest I so proud." Chai responded, as she curled up against Tia's waist and fell back asleep. As Tia pet Chai's soft fur, she noticed Kaori walk into her room holding a special object. "You fixed them!" Tia exclaimed, as she got back up and stuck them onto her face once again. "They are perfect! The scratch across the left frame from a few years back is gone also!" she exclaimed in awe, as she sat on the bed with Kaori, extending herself across the satin-purple sheets with a faux-fur white comforter. "I'm about to fall asleep, I'm so exhausted.." Tia commented, as her hand met Kaori's. "I made dinner for you at the bar, if you would like to go eat.. I will most likely be asleep after, so you can either crash in this bed with me or in the guest bedroom to your left coming into here." she told Kaori, as Tia began to untie all of her ribbons in her hair and remove her hat, revealing a blank head of hair.

If Kaori were to sleep in the guest bedroom after she ate, she would find that it was also sprawled with books, and had a smaller window-area which was adorned with beautiful plants from exotic areas. Lining the bed would be a similar set of sheets as the ones on Tia's bed, except they would be white-satin sheets instead of purple, with purple faux-fur comforter instead of white. Next to the window would be a desk lined with a lacrima-powered computer, which also held pens and a few flowers growing from a jar. The books in this room would be completely organized and would look untouched, since they were predominantly copies of books that were outside of the bedrooms. If Kaori were to join Tia in her bedroom, she would find that Chai would eventually make her way over to the bed and cuddle in-between them.

WC: 6223 / 6000 ♡ achieved~!

○Kaori
    ○Kaori

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ○Kaori 23rd September 2017, 10:40 pm

Kaori had thanked Tia for making dinner and went over to the bar to find salad, and some yellow... thing... She poked at it with her fork and a bewildered look, noting that it smelled like a strange kind of cheese. She skewered one single piece on her fork and slid her mask up only enough to expose her lips before she put it in her mouth, noting the distinct squishiness and strange taste before opening her mouth and putting it back. "Fiorans are strange people..." she said under her breath and took the salad. She went to the guest room and closed to door to take her mask off and finish the salad, something she at least knew the name of. After she finished, Kaori put her mask back on and left the room to sleep with the dragonhound, who was using Kaori's lap as a pillow.

In his dream... He was standing at the top of a mountain, Ikuchi could see the world around him for miles. His crimson, dragon like eyes continued burning will hellfire in them as he looked across the vast forgotten desert, scanned over the to sky tower in the distance, even landing on the cursed lands when he looked in their direction. The dragon in human form had been to this mountain before while he was traveling to find something less boring to do, but had never taken the time to look at his surroundings. He took a seat on the ground and noticed it beginning to snow. White flakes slowly fell into his line of sight and landed on his silk shirt before turning to water. The snow began falling faster, heavier, and a wind kicked up that surrounded him. Soon, the world was no longer that of the top of a mountain, but rather it was flat and stretched for miles around. Snow covered everything, and not a single tree, rock, or bush was in sight. He stood up and said "Enough with the mysticism, whadda you want old man!?" with an annoyed tone. A large dragon covered in deep blue scales appeared in front of him, the rest of the serpent like body materializing afterwards coiled around Ikuchi. "Old is a bit cruel, I'm only a few millennia old my son..." he replied light heartedly. "You're over ten thousand, you're old." Ikuchi replied with a blunt tone. "How are your travels my child? Have you any hatchlings of your own yet? Or perhaps... someone you wish to-" "No." "Fine, grouch. I'll call to you later..." his father said before vanishing.

When the ship arrived at Hargeon, Kaori and the dragonhound disembarked the ship and went to the restaraunt Kaori owned to see the final product of all the changes she'd made. The walls of the restaurant was a large, elegant waterfall that wrapped around the entire room. Behind the waterfall, various goldfish could be seen swimming around completely unaware of the presence of humans in their home. The waterfalls emptied into a recepticle that looked like it was made of glass despite being made of a transparent type of steel, making it highly resiliant. In the walls of the recepticle was more freshwater fish that were small enough to not mind the limited space. In the recepticles where the waterfalls empties into, but not in the walls, were koi fish that children could feed if they so desired. The entire floor of the restaraunt was another story, and the only one of its kind... They were made of the same transparent steel as the walls of the waterfoundtain recepticles, and under that was sound lacrima that negated even the loudest of foot stomps. Under that was a massive aquarium with various saltwater fish. The Aquarium hosted blue ringed octopi, lion fish, small sharks, pistol shrimp, several different species of tang, eels, and a couple tasmanian giant crab and crayfish were scuttling about the various corals within. Despite there being so many predators, none of them attacked each other no matter how close they got since they were trained to know three things; when meal time was, what was on the menu, and that there was plenty to go around. The bar counter was made of the same kind of steel and showed many different sized lobster and crab in front it. The backboard was made of black steel, and behind the counter were wooden shelves to hold their various cups and glasses. The overhead shelf was made entirely of bloodwood, Kaori's favorite kind for its dark and rich color. The tables were one with the floor, and allowed the smaller fish and eels to swim up the legs and move about the table tops which amused many of the young children as they ate. A bloodwood staircase in the corner lead to rooms that all had bloodwood floors, but aquarium walls. The hallways were bloodwood to make it so no one could spy on the residents, and between each room was a blacksteel wall inside their walls for the same purpose. Sound lacrima provided privacy, and negated any chance of eaves dropping for the more... intimate residents who stayed the night. Small gaps at the top and bottoms of the steel walls allowed the hundred or so tiny fish move about between rooms. These fish were all bioluminescent salt water fish, and even a few small varieties of squid that put on a dazzling display when the lights were turned out at night. Kaori liked how it all turned out, and she didn't go over her initial budget, which was a plus too!

Lava Hawk
    Motorcycle
    Ikuchi
    Word Count: Done

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 10:31 pm