Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Time to find a Job.

Lucian
    Lucian

Player 
    Lineage : Elemental Wrath
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Time to find a Job. Empty Time to find a Job.

Post by Lucian 6th September 2017, 7:48 pm

Harbor Town:
    Time to find a Job. Latest?cb=20150205023107

Bar Area:
    Time to find a Job. 16552_og_1

”AHHH!”
    The open sea.

There was nothing like it to Lucian in the world. The roar of the ocean, the feel of the cool water, and the fresh air, it was a dream come true for some like Lucian. This is what he loved more than anything, and it was the epitome of freedom. Lucian loved the ability to ride upon the open seas like he was able to do, and he did it at every opportunity.

On this day Lucian was making his way along the coastline of the Fiore looking for a nearby harbor town or city. He had found out that Divide Island, his final destination, was just a ways out from this part of the coast, but it was fast approaching the late afternoon. So he wasn’t going to make that trip now, but rather tomorrow in the early part of the day maybe.

It didn’t take too long before Lucian found his port city and made his way from a ways out in the water. He had been riding on top of a small wave about a mile out from the coast line the whole time. As he approached he made a straight shot for one of the docks and the wave lightly crashed along the side of the dock, and Lucian stepped right off the water onto the dock. A few of the sailors and city people just stared in awe for a moment, but Lucian didn’t care, as he made his way up the docks to the base of the city.

After only a short search Lucian found a hotel type place right on the beach with an open bar attached that was on a dock attached to the hotel, and overlapped the ocean a little. It was the perfect kind of place for someone like Lucian to unwind before getting a good night’s sleep. Lucian made his way to the open bar after obtaining a room and sat at the main bar and ordered a few delicious looking plates of food to pick on, and a bottle to work on over the next few hours. He poured himself a cup and took a sip of his drink as he leaned back and looked out over the dock at the beautiful ocean.
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infinite Arcana
    Second Skill: Vox Universum
    Third Skill: Disciple of War

Time to find a Job. Empty Re: Time to find a Job.

Post by Shen Kadokawa 7th September 2017, 5:58 pm

The plank gave off a little creaking sound under his feet as he stepped from the ship onto the docks. Johann felt the fresh ocean breeze running over his skin. It felt refreshing, as if the breeze was taking away some of the struggles of his past, and it made him feel optimistic about his plans.

He had been training and wandering for a lot of time, and still couldn't really warm up to the idea of settling down and getting a job, but he had to start somewhere. Sadly, his magic couldn't conjure up money, and in order to rebuild some kind of fortune the West Fiore Trading Company seemed like the best start. Not on that day though, as it was already nearing late afternoon and the next ship for Divide Island, the headquarters of the WFTC would leave harbour tomorrow. In addition to that, he couldn't wait to finally have some nice food again after eating only rusk for days so he was headed straight for the bar area he spotted on the beach near the docks

The food and drink had a delicious smell and Johann could feel his mouth water, so he ordered some of the finest looking meat and wine he had ever seen, while in actuality, it was decent food, but even that looks heavenly when all you had for days is bread. Johann didn't care about any of that.

He looked around in search for a place to sit down when he spotted him. A peculiar looking young man, sitting on his own, eating and drinking by himself. Something about him seemed off, but he had somehow caught Johanns interest and he decided to talk to him. Maybe, he thought, he was a local and could tell him a bit about the region and the WFTC. As he got closer, Johann discovered what had caught his eye, literally: It was the stranger's eyes. It seemed like the colour of his eyes had a will of it's own. He couldn't make anything of it, but he was fascinated nonetheless, and thus approached the young man.

"A beautiful day, isn't it, good sir ? The waves crashing against the shore, the fresh breeze ... mind if I sit down ?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post Word Count: 376
    Word Count Total: 376 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Deceiving Spiritual Light

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spiritual Light
    Position : God of Resilience
    Guild : GM of Onyx Moon
    Mentor : Cirven
    Experience : 3,757,396

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Amma Olpirt Gah-l
    Second Skill: Light Demonslayer, 2nd Gen
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 8th September 2017, 3:53 pm

When the contract between Ruvel's summons and Cirven was struck it meant that he fell under Cirven's direct tutelage, not only that it meant that the young summoner also by default had become not only a member of the pirate guild Black Sails but it's legal counter part known as the West Fiore Trading company. It wasn't like he could break the contract because they in a complete miracle had agreed that this would be the best situation for their summoner while he was asleep so couldn't even argue against it. This clause was a mutual one decided by both Ruvel and the summons themselves because he still had a lot to learn, was young and was broken on many levels. It wasn't until after the long journey from the devil sea with many stops along the way before he was introduced to the guild he would call home and family and just seeing the ships made him shudder knowing he was most likely not going to like where it was going.

It was when he was taken on the tour and explained the rules that he knew that this was going to be an issue given to his intense hatred and fear of fake freedoms, but knew he would have to bare it. Cirven had seen first hand what was usually done so he could travel at peace on the backs of companions and ships alike, but with his new found profession that Cirven had decided since the youth needed some training and the fear had to go as quickly as possible he would send him to go get the mess hall supplies this time, this order also came with the additional order that Lurea was not to be used at any point on the ship. He tried to argue the point but was met with it was either that or they could train a bit more, out of the two options he almost opted to do the training until he remembered just how harsh the training was on him so went to get dressed in his traders outfit.

He had no idea as to why he had to dress in his uniform given he was just going to collect supplies but he knew what the last argument almost done so just got changed. He would be dressed in formal white trousers, white shirt, navy waist coat, navy neck ruffle, formal white jacket with navy hems around the cuffs, collar and front were silver buttons would be seen though wore it open the buttons had been on fabric but went through the button perfectly. It could of course be closed and still look neat but he liked it this way, it was his own style and he was going to change it for no one. Going to the front desk his left hand went to his chest as he lowered at the waist a little to show respect but not bow, he he had been forced to do that his entire life and was refusing to do it any longer that was for damn sure and he didn't care who it was. "I have been chosen to collect the supplies for the headquarters this time. Can I be given the manifest and any other information required please?" his words even then were clear but the clerk behind the desk was caught off guard with just how formal he was. "Ruvel, I'm guessing. Cirven told me to expect you, everything you need is in here" he said holding out a folder, Ruvel took it and done his respectful pose once more before heading down to the docks.

'I am gonna hate this' he thought to himself with a sigh, trying to figure out which ship was the one he was meant to be going on. 'Summoner, it is the next ship you are to board' Shindara mentioned wanting to help him get this over as soon as possible. 'Thank you Shindara' he said stopping at the gangway of the ship, but not taking a step forward. 'You need to do it dear one, this is part of your growth' Edaenz mentioned to him "It's fake.." he whispered his hands clenching on the folder he held in his hand "Fake or not kid, you have your orders" Barthenz's voice came from behind as he grabbed Ruvel by the collar dragging him onto the ship, it wasn't the summon's intention to show him up in public but he knew that Ruvel had a few mountains of his own to climb and for a while he would need to dragged over them for a while. "Barthenz, let me go!" he called out making the sailors stop to look at the one who would be in charge this run, they couldn't help but let out silent snickers making the youth feel even worse.

Standing up he fixed himself "Just because I don't like getting on ships doesn't mean I'm a walk over, so get that thought right out of your head" he said calmly to them, the silent snickers coming to an end as they hadn't expected it. "We have a task to do, so lets get started shall we." he said trying to ignore the fact that he was now stuck on a ship with no where to go. 'I hate you Barthenz...' he sent to his summon who only looked down with a grin 'Aww, suck it up buttercup; it's part of your cover as a Black Sails member so part of your job' he sent back knowing that Ruvel couldn't exactly talk about this out loud as only a small part of the company were even aware what was underneath the headquarters. 'I know, doesn't mean I have to like the situation' he sent back trying to figure out what he was exactly meant to do at the moment as the journey was going to take a few days and it was his first time on a boat and it was solo.

'This was a bad idea Barthenz' he sent to the warrior as he went to his cabin placing the file on the table allowing the warrior summon to read it since he had followed. "Perhaps it was a bad idea, but you have issues you need to overcome and he has high hopes for you it seems" he commented watching as Ruvel moved to sit in the corner. Barthenz never could understand why his young summoner done such odd things but he wasn't about to be the one to break that habit, he would leave that to Cirven, even if he was one of his summons he still had no right to dictate how he should act especially in private. He watched as Ruvel fell asleep Lurea sitting on a cloud which was on his head "You're not allowed to help him this time" he commented to the little dream fairy who pouted underneath her blanket "He needs it, he panics... poor him" the little fairy almost was ready to burst into tears "I know, but he'll never get stronger if we keep allowing him the safe path... he needs to face his demons." he commented gently not wanting her to cry "Why don't you take a nap on his head, I'm sure he'd like that" he continued reading what needed to be picked up passing it to the others so they could help if he couldn't.

Days came and went and he was starting to feel the constraints he really would have to tell Cirven that he couldn't go on a boat again, but then it wasn't exactly like he could do clerical work either given he couldn't read or write so he was stuck in limbo with his choices and even then he knew he had to do as told, Cirven may have been his tutor but he was also now his boss on two fronts so what he said went though he could politely argue the point in private but still knew that at the end of the day he was still an apprentice in regards to everything. "How long before we get off this damn ship" he finally said his head lent against the window of his cabin enjoying how the coldness felt on his head. "Land ahoy!" was heard outside making him stand straight and rush to the cabin's door almost forgetting the papers but remembering just at the last minute so he could show the dock master the orders. He chewed his bottom lip for a moment "Listen up, since it's been a while and the sun has been so hot, you've got two days on the island before we need to get the supplies for home" he said smiling as he heard a cheer 'Soon we'll have a city I hope on the island where they'll have more to do' he thought to himself watching as they got into port.

Within five minutes of being settled and the gangplank out he was off the boat without issue knowing he had dismissed the others for their liberty with the express orders of not creating issues they where off the West Fiore Trading Company and he wouldn't put up with anyone tarnishing it's spotless reputation. Seeing the dock master he held out his orders for them to be checked over "Made better time than most do, the seas kind then?" the man asked only for Ruvel shaking his head "No, I think they wanted me off the ship because I was driving them crazy" he explained he faked a smile and laugh the man not realising he was in fact serious laughed with him "I should remember that in future" he said stamping the approval for the landing marking it in his book "I have given the sailors two days liberty, we'll need two additional days for the supplies; will this be an issue?" he asked the dock master shaking his head "Not at all, I've just marked it in the log. Enjoy your stay" he said walking off to deal with another arrival.

Given what they had been drinking and eating on the ship he needed something pure and so headed up the nearby path towards the hotel he knew he had a room waiting for him, not that he was going to use it given he just spent a week in a small room on a ship. Getting to the bar the man behind the bar looked to him "You new?" he asked noticing Ruvel's attire, Ruvel nodded "This is my first formal assignment" he said calmly "Well welcome, what can I get you cocktail, be-" he started "Glass of water please" he interrupted the barman seemed to be caught off guard by the request but went to get it, coming back Ruvel smiled taking it placing some of the spending currency he had been given and walked to a table looking to the water inside deep inside his own thoughts.

Word Count: 1,829

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Time to find a Job. 59835_s
    On the battlefield various things are running rampant...
    Victory... Defeat... Hatred... Chance Luck... and
    Betrayal

Golden Lacrima Ends: 17/01/2021
    Lucian
    Lucian

Player 

Post by Lucian 14th September 2017, 11:04 am

Lucian was taking a moment to look down at his drink as he sipped from it when he heard a voice come from nearby, and from the direction of the speech it sounded like it was aimed at him. Lucian looked up to see the man standing nearby and looking at him as he spoke. As he finished his statement Lucian shook his head and motioned to one of the open seats at the table "Of course man. Have a seat and enjoy the night and view. Always up to share a drink and a nice evening. The name's Lucian. I just got here not long that long ago. This is a pit stop before i get to my final destination. Yourself?" Lucian took a sip of drink with a smile as he looked around and then back out towards the open ocean.
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 15th September 2017, 12:41 pm

"A peculiar young man", Johann thought. He sat down and looked at the man. "A peculiar young man, indeed". Lucian, as he called himself, mentioned that this was the final stop before he would reach his destination, which made Johann think. Maybe he was headed for the West Fiore Trading Company as well ? only one way to find out.

"May I ask you, young man, what brings you here ? Are you also headed for the West Fiore Trading Company ? I myself thought that they might have a bit of work for someone like me. And Divide Island most certainly seems like an attractive place ..."

Johann had barely finished his sentence when another young man with a weird aura stepped into the bar area. The air pressure around him gave it away. Even though he was young, he certainly wasn't the same age as Lucian, much younger, it seemed. He didn't think this was coincidence. So many unique pressure patterns in this area, it just had to have some connection to the WFTC.

Johann was lost in his thoughts when suddenly he remembered that he had stopped talking in the middle of the conversation with Lucian and he felt embarassed. He was here to collect some info, after all. Luckily, Lucian didn't really seem to care about etiquette too much and continued to look at the azure ocean.

He decided to do it. "The more the better", He thought.

"Hello, young man. Care to join us for a drink ?" Johann asked the boy. He was probably headed for the WFTC, so might as well all travel together and make some friends ...

Post Word Count: 277
    Word Count Total: 653 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Job Creator- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Halloween gfx'ers- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Summer Special Tier 5- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Have an Admin as a friend!- Have aeluri On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 15th September 2017, 5:43 pm

Ruvel would be sat at a table away from most people his eyes looking into the glass of water in front of him, everything moved so fast since the meeting with Dahou and it hadn't slowed any since had met up with Cirven; if anything it had sped up with daily training and lessons within one thing or another. To be honest though he feared anything that limited his freedom, and hated ships with a passion on top of it due to the fake freedom that it gave people. 'Kid, you should eat something it's been a few days.' Barthenz would sent to his summoner, he wasn't the only one that had noticed though he was the first to comment on it which was out of character for the warrior 'I'm fine' he sent back his eyes leaving the glass as looked around the bar area marking where attacks could come from, best methods for defence and the best ways to exit.

Though many would find this as odd if they knew what he was doing, it was something he had learned how to do since he could remember which wasn't that long if he was to be honest with himself. 'Not a request kid, you're not there anymore and Sparky isn't gonna be happy if you're starving yourself' he said stubbornly 'I'm not starving myself Barthenz, I'm just not hungry' he said his eyes going back to the glass of water, he knew his summons were concerned about his habits and hoped for Cirven to help break some of them but progress was slow due to issues of the youth but a little issue was better than none at all. 'Kid how long has it been since you ate?' he asked it was clear he wasn't letting this go 'I can't count Barthenz' he grumbled hating the fact, tapping his finger on the table gently as he was taught so the summons themselves could count how many days since he last ate. 'Three, yeah your eating kid go get something or so help me I'll get Bennu to fly you home so sparky can kick you around the island, hell after he's finished with you I'll be taking my turn.' he said just as aggressive as before.

'Fine' he sighed standing going to the bar "Excuse me" he said looking to the barman that he had spoken to before "Are you needing more water?" he asked still confused about what appeared as a strange teen. "No, I still have the original glass untouched." he started "I would like a small salad and a small fruit salad" he completed the order the barman nodded, the barman who believed the youth needed far more than what he had ordered but remained silent on his thoughts placing the order in allowing Ruvel to go back to his table. He hadn't taken notice of anyone he had no reason to his eyes going back to the water inside the glass 'Happy?' he sent to the others 'Not till you've eaten, when you have then we'll revisit the question' he got back making him roll his eyes knowing there was little point arguing with him.

Hearing someone speaking he looked up blinking unsure on how to take someone asking him a question randomly, many within the company and guild tried to interact with him but for the most part they left him to it. This was at the request of the president/captain as he knew the youth's issues somewhat "I'm afraid I am waiting for food to be delivered, you and your companion can join me if you wish." he said to the elder man not to sure as to why he was accepting the invite of a stranger but he guessed it was due to the fact that he was there as a member of the West Fiore Trading Company and so wanted to make a good impression. 'People act like this right?' he thought to himself unsure if what he was doing was correct but he was sure he would find out sooner or later.

Word count: 683
    Total Word count: 2,512

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Lucian
    Lucian

Player 

Post by Lucian 25th September 2017, 6:46 am

Lucian sipped on his drink as as he watched the ocean, his eye very intent on the horizon. The man then asked about the West Fiore Trading Company, as it seemed it was also his destination as well. Lucian smirked as he turned his attention back to the man "Yes actually. That is also my intended destination. I am also looking to get some work there. I am not from this country, but it seems i found myself here. So i might as well make the best of it, and with my particular skill set, and love of the ocean. Something like that just makes sense as a job. If your going to work, why not love what you do." Lucian completely believed in that concept that if your going to get stuck having to work for money, you should try to find something you enjoy. Lucian loved his freedom, and the sea, and a company based on transporting goods would give him plenty of both.

Lucian took another sip of his drink when he noticed that his new acquaintance had made a new one of his own with the person to the table next to them. He offered for the new person to join them but it seemed they had ordered food so moving tables was a little less of an option for them, so they offered for Lucian and his table partner to instead join him as his table. Lucian had only ordered the one drink so far so he had no reason not to move and decided to take the an up on his offer as he nodded and got up and moved over to the other table and nodded at the newest man "Hey. Whats your story? It seems me and this one here happen to have a final destination in mind. Divide Island, and the West Fiore Trading Company. How about yourself? what brings you to a little port town like this? The name is Lucian by the way" Lucian then turned to the first man he had shared his table with "Actually as it happens, i didn't catch your name. As i mentioned before, you can call me Lucian." Lucian took another dip of his drink as he awaited answers from both of his new acquaintances.
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 25th September 2017, 9:48 am

Johann was absolutely confused. He wasn't sure what Lucian was talking about when he realized it. He had completely forgotten to introduce himself. Johanns face turned red from embarrassment and he hastily mumbled "I'm Johann, nice to ... *cough* ... nice to meet you" to the two others as he was trying to catch his breath. He was certain he would never forget or forgive this day: The day Johann von Weiss, nobleman and mage, master of manners, expresser of etiquette, had forgotten to introduce himself. His father would've screamed in rage if he had seen this. Then again, his father was long gone, and Johann wasn't young anymore ... he just hoped nobody had noticed.

He swiftly pushed the embarrassment, and all thoughts regarding it, aside as he was in the middle of conversation and shortly after he regained his calm again, only commenting on his previous faux pa with a simple "Please, excuse my manners", and respectfully bowed before his new acquaintances.

"It seems that I, too, am headed for the West Fiore Trading Company to find work that suits my particular set of skills as you describe" he replied to Lucian. " I assume you two are mages yourself, judging by the air pressure surrounding you". He was met with slightly confused looks, so he explained a little further :"You see, the stronger the person the stronger the pressure variations around them. As to why that is ... let's just say the strongest people carry the most weight on their shoulders". He was convinced the two would understand.

Johann then turned to the younger of the two "What do you have to do with the WFTC, and what brings you here, if I may ask ?" He didn't know what to make of the young man, as he had been mostly silent the entire time.

"Peculiar, indeed" He thought to himself once more

Post Word Count: 316
    Word Count Total: 969 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 25th September 2017, 5:00 pm

Ruvel's eyes moved back to the glass of water that sat in front of him, he hadn't made any attempt to drink it, it was almost like he was waiting for something. Hearing the others speak again he looked up once more his dull golden orb eyes looking at them both, he listened as they seemed to introduce themselves to each other and to him. For a long moment he just looked them over observing their appearances, body language and tones, he wanted to make sure how to reply before he did so one wrong would could open certain cans of worms that should just remain locked away and thus cause issues that he just didn't want to deal with. "My story?" He questioned, that had caught him off guard as his past was something he wish to leave where it was "I mean no offence by my next statement but I do not know you well enough to divulge such things, I do hope you understand Mr. Lucian" he finally said hoping that he wouldn't push the matter, some things where private even from Cirven and he knew him somewhat.

"The next ship going to Divide Island is in two days, the crew at the moment have a few days liberty before having to go back" he commented his eyes once again looking at his glass of water for a few moments before looking up "I work for the West Fiore Trading Company, I was sent here to gain supplies for the mess hall" he commented calmly as he finally picked up the glass and took a small sip of the water within it, placing it down he stood and placed his left hand to his chest moving the top half of his body forward slightly "It is a pleasure to meet you both, I am known as Ruvel" he said with a disciplined voice, it was clear that he was brought up strictly to any that interacted with him. After a moment he sat down once more still unsure if he was doing any of this right but he was at least trying his best.

"You're manners are fine, please do not fret Mr. Johann" he said in a somewhat warm tone, he knew many of the older generation seemed to worry about how the outside world seen them, Aelona was testament to that where she kept going on at him about it, but then the manners, morals and other quirks he had where somewhat drilled into Ruvel he didn't see any problem with how things had progressed. Listening to what Johann had to say about aura and pressure around mages made him unsure on how to feel about it, his own magic was close to nonexistent, right to the point he couldn't sense or see another's magical aura, on top of that he was far from being strong by any means of the word as he was constantly reminded by several of his summons. "Even the weak carry heavy burdens Mr. Johann, please never forget that." he commented in a mono toned voice that was more factual than anything else, as he had already spoke to his purpose and affiliation he seen no need to repeat himself on the subject.

Word count: 543
    Total Word count: 3,055

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Lucian
    Lucian

Player 

Post by Lucian 29th September 2017, 3:26 pm

Lucian continued to sip on his drink as he Johann introduced himself. It was obvious for a moment he was almost stepping over himself when he realized he had not already offered his name and then apologized for his manners :Nah man, your fine. Manners are a formality my man. As long as you aren’t downright disrespectful, I don’t see an issue man.” Lucian let out a little laugh as it was painfully obvious this man was the complete opposite of Lucian in that area. He had grown up without any parents to guide him, and he was never taught manners per say. Instead he had learned all him so called manners from people he had come across during his journeys. For this very reason Lucian was a extremely laid back individual and never really held himself to high standards. As long as he was respectable, and respected other’s wishes he felt that was enough. It was about this time that the other young man mentioned he was not one to offer his “Story” up so willingly. Lucian understood and nodded.

Johann then went on to mention he was also looking to find a job at the West Fiore Trading Company. It was at this point that the young man offered up information that a ship was heading to Divide Island in two days’ time and that he happened to work for the West Fiore Trading Company. He then offered up his name as Ruvel. Johann then made a suggestion that he and their new acquaintance were both mages. Lucian smirked as he nodded at the statement and took another sip of his drink. Johann then went on about how the pressure around someone gave away about them being a mage which Lucian was aware of. Most ages learned how to sense other mages and magical presences fairly early in their training. He then went on to say something about how the strongest tended to carry the most weight on their shoulders. However, Lucian did not consider himself a powerful mage, or being of any type and he carried the weight of knowing a demi-god type figure was searching for him and intended to kill him. So when Ruvel spoke up about how even the weak carry heavy burdens, Lucian had to agree as he nodded at Ruvel and took another sip.

Lucian went back to the topic of the ship and the West Fiore Trading Company as he turned to Ruvel ”So your saying you work for them huh? Interesting… Are they still looking for people? As obviously me and Johann here are looking for work. I can’t speak for Johann but i really think a job like that would fit me, but he did mention he had a set of skills that might come in handy as well.” Lucian was hoping Ruvel might be able to give a little more information on the company and if they were still looking for prople.
    Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 30th September 2017, 3:15 am

Johann was delighted that the two didn't really seem to care about his manners, still, it bothered him. Despite that, he really didn't know what to make of these two. It seems they misunderstood his talk about the nature of pressure, as he was met with more confused looks and answers, but he wasn't keen on explaining even more so he just left it at that. It seemed that the two were nice people and he really didn't want to offend anyone, so he just changed topic.

"I would like to join in on Lucian's question: is the WFTC still looking for workers ? I am certain Lucian and me could form a relationship of productivity and mutual benefit with your employer". Johann made an effort to make himself sound polite, and he really meant what he said. He was certain that the WFTC would help him gather some riches and improve on his skills, which was pretty much his goal for now, while simultaneously making the company some nice coin.

"Maybe, good sir, you could take us with you to Divide Island ? And, I know this might be intrusive or presumptuous, could you introduce us to your superiors so we might apply for a Job at your prestigious institution ?"

Post Word Count: 212
    Word Count Total: 1.181 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 30th September 2017, 11:52 am

Ruvel's eyes went back to the water in the glass as he went quiet once more allowing the others to speak, he wasn't exactly known for being social inside the trading company and seemingly avoided it where he could but when he did he managed to do so well but he did have a few quirks. He looked up and to the side as something happened at the corner of his eye that wasn't there before only to see it being a woman with long honey blonde hair and emerald green eyes with a tray "One small salad, one small fruit salad..." she said placing them both in front of Ruvel "Thank you miss" he said with a small smile "And for you sir we have honey glazed gammon, mash potato, a variety of vegetables and gravy; when your ready for your dessert let me know and I will get it for you. My name Daisy by the way" she said with a bubbly tone placing everything Johann had order in front of him before looking at Lucian "Is there anything I can get for you sir?" she asked bringing out her order pad and pen.

His eyes once again went onto his glass as he didn't make a move for the food he had ordered, if he had to be honest he didn't want it, he had only order it to keep his summons happy but knew that because it was there now they would expect him to eat. 'Eat kid, I have no qualms in flying you home so sparky can kick you around like a ball' Barthenz muttered, he might not have been there but he would feel the glare and the annoyed crossing of the arms. Ruvel's eyes went outside as he looked at where the sun was 'It's not time to eat' he commented back before looking to the water. He was use to only eating at certain times, it was something that his summons and Cirven were trying to break out of him but so far it hadn't budged even an inch. 'That's fine Ruvel, just eat when it's the right time okay or Barthenz is likely to blow a gasket' Seiyuki commented knowing just what the warrior summon was like on certain things 'I will' he sent back as he picked up the glass of water taking another sip before putting it back down, it was almost like he was pacing himself on something that was abundant.

Ruvel nodded hearing the question "I do indeed" he said extending his left hand to show the two toned ocean and ice blue symbol on his wrist. "The CEO inducted me himself, wonderful man." he said with a smile "Has even taken me under his wing" he said not going into the fact it was kinda forced on him thanks to the contract between his summons and Cirven. "As far as I know we are always looking for people to join our ranks, there are many different kinds of opportunity depending on the person. Do you have any idea where you would wish to be placed?" he asked tilting his head unsure on what they would be looking to do other than work, to be honest he was a little out of his element as he had never done this kind of thing before still being new to the company himself. "I don't see why I can't do your interviews here, I would of course have to hand them in for review when I got home and the final decision would be made by the CEO and Vice President" he said thinking it would save time "Of course you would have to come along when I left in case of any additional questions needing answered or if you are accepted" he continued believing it would be the best course of action. "I think that you may even meet the Vice President while we are here, he has been on assignment and knows there is a boat to be leaving here" he commented gently

Word count: 677
    Total Word Count: 3,732

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 8th October 2017, 1:28 pm

Johann was delighted that his food had finally arrived. It looked absolutely delicious, just what he needed after the long journey on the ship. The last good meal he had was in Hargeon and it seemed like that had been ages ago. He took a bite of his gammon.

It was rather fortunate that he and Lucian had met the young member of the WFTC right where they were, it would make things a lot easier. Johann listened to what Ruvel had to say all while casually eating his meal, and responded while placing his cutlery aside :

"The CEO himself ... that is indeed rather interesting. I can of course only speak for me, but I've heard that the Company can always use mages, whether it be for just manual labour, protecting shipments or whatever else there might be. I, for one, am open to almost all kinds of work."

Ruvel also mentioned that he could go ahead and do the interviews right on the spot, which admittedly made Johann a little nervous. What if the interview had already started and all of this was just a test? What if the lack of manners he had displayed would cost him this job? In his mind Johann obsessed over these questions but he made an effort to retain a calm appearance, while in reality, his small faux-pa probably didn't matter at all. Ruvel also went on about how they might meet the Vice President of the West Fiore Trading Company, which also excited Johann.

Still, he couldn't help but ask his new acquaintance "If you were to do the interview right here, good sir, what would these interviews be ? Do we need to provide anything else than ourselves and our abilities ?"

Post Word Count: 293
    Word Count Total: 1.474 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 8th October 2017, 2:58 pm

Ruvel looked back to the elder man whom had spoken to him, every small detail of his person and movement he noted at the back of his mind, he could tell a lot more about people by watching them than listening to them. He took in how the other looked first, it was clear that this man was a man who was use to the finer things in life. This of course made him wonder why exactly he would need to work in the first place but he would put that to the side for the matter until he could get more information. He then then took in how the other acted when he had broken the etiquette he had seemingly was raised made him conclude he was indeed of a wealthy family even if they where not nobles. He could respect structure and those who abide by it especially as it was required especially on a ship as much as he hated the things. He turned his eyes back to the glass of water as the other started to eat what he considered a meal that could feed quite a few people back in his old life, but that was no longer of his concern at the moment but it would be an issue he would have to deal with in the future.

"We met by chance actually" he commented before moving his hand a little to the glass but stopped his head tilting to the side a little almost as if he was deep in thought a sigh escaping "He seen something in me I guess, and I've been with the company since." he said quietly, he was still unsure on the whole thing but he wouldn't break the contract that was in place, they had all agreed and so he had to honour it; that was the clause both sides agreed to upon making contracts. "That is true, mages are always a good thing to have, especially on ships." he said looking back a smile on his face "Being a trading company as you can imagine our ships are prone to attack." the smile weakened as he often worried what would happen if it happened on a ship he was on, after all he hated the things to begin with but to be on one being attacked. 'Get it out of your head kid, we can handle that if it ever happens.' Barthenz said in a stern tone making the young summoner forget it possibility for the moment.

"Mostly everyone in the company is some kind of magic, but we don't discriminate against those who have not been so fortunate." he said warmly as he now touched the glass of water with his tips, it would be unknown to the others why he went through such motions and he wished he could forget why he did but he couldn't. "When a person joins us they are tested yes especially if you wish to be a guard. This allows us to place the right people in the right areas." he said remembering the last poor soul that wanted to be a guard and how they had been placed against his summon, he wondered if the poor guy could feel his toes yet. "Not to worry however, we are here for two evenings so enjoy yourself this evening and we can get the assessments done tomorrow if you would like." he wasn't exactly fussy on the situation.

"May I ask what kind of magic you use? You do not need to tell me of course." he asked as he picked up the glass and took a small sip of the water before putting it down his hand moving away from it. It wasn't like he was performing a ritual but it would seem as if he was trying to make the liquid within it last, almost like there wouldn't be anymore to drink. His eyes moved to the sky as he took in the sights and sounds, he was still on alert that was for sure but at the same time he was a little more at ease. "Do you have any other questions for me?" he finally asked calmly as he reached for the small salad that he had ordered and looked at it. 'Eat kid, we know that's to much for you really but still eat.' he heard the warrior once more making him sigh as he reached for the cutlery.

Word Count: 744
    Total Word Count: 4,476

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 11th October 2017, 7:37 pm

Johann watched the young WFTC member with evaluating eyes. The young man presented himself as a very calm and polite talker, but Johann noticed that there was more. He couldn't say what that was, but in it's essence it felt like ... caution ? As if the man was somehow constantly cautious of every word that was spoken around him, every move that was made. But that seemed way too paranoid, why would someone do that while having a friendly chat. Johann however very much appreciated Ruvels competence when it came to answering his questions.

"So you're a mentee of sorts to the CEO ? My my, then we are indeed pretty lucky to have encountered you here, good sir. I do think I'm a somewhat experienced sailor since I have completed a couple of missions on ships. Additionally, I do think I pose a decent defense, and I am confident I can pass the test you will provide. Thus, a position on a ship or as a guard seems to be suited for me, if you feel like that would be appropriate, of course".

Johann lifted his drink with one hand and placed the other on the table. The contents of his glass touched his lips and he could feel the taste fill his mouth. "I agree, I for one have spent the last days and weeks traveling and learning, and I am, I shamefully admit, rather tired. I think tomorrow sounds adequate enough."

The young man also asked Johann about his magic. Of course, showing one's magic to someone else in it's entirety was like exposing a part of the self, and a sign of trust and respect, but Johann did want to show the other what he was capable of and he had absolutely no reason to distrust the man. " I have no further questions, dear Ruvel, but for a quick demonstration" He said "how about we go down to the beach area ?" while picking up one of the pineapples that were placed on the tables for decoration.

He could've just explained his magic to Ruvel, but he had noticed that most people found his magic was a little complicated to understand, which he thought entirely untrue, and he guessed that something of a more practical demonstration would be better to impress his possible future employer. Also, he remembered vividly how he tried to explain his magic in it's concept to Gangting and how little success he had had with that ...

"You see" He began explaining as they were making their way down to the beach "my magic is the art of compression and decompression. I can reduce or enhance the air pressure around certain things. This ability I have combined with the use of a rapier into a unique fighting style I call Sonic Slash. You can use this magic in a variety of ways, but I have chosen a specific one". Johann handed Ruvel the pineapple. "Now, good sir, if you could throw the pineapple into the air  on my signal, that would be marvelous".

He kept walking down the beach for circa 50 meters and came to a stop. With that, he started casting. First, he would reduce the air pressure around him to next to nothing while thus simultaneously removing the effects the atmosphere would have on his speed. This was "SONIC BOOM". Second, he would start accumulating ethernano around his legs and combine them with the power of the pressurized air. He got down on his legs and his left hand while holding his rapier in his right. This was Johanns "SONIC SLASH".

He raised his sword arm as a signal for Ruvel to throw and just a moment later, as the pineapple started to fall down, he explosively released all of the stored up air around his legs which catapulted him forward, causing an explosion of sand where he stood. He would reach speeds of roughly 130 meters per second or around 470 kilometers per hour. The pineapple landed in the sand, cleanly sliced into two halves and Johann came to an abrupt stop as he enhanced his own air pressure to halt him instantly. He figured that would be a sufficient demonstration of his magic. "Very well, let's head back to our precious food" he concluded the show.

Post Word Count: 722
    Word Count Total: 2.196 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 13th October 2017, 10:33 am

Ruvel placed the cutlery back down as he was spoken to making the warrior summon in his head sigh in frustration 'We need to break you of those habits kid, they're not gonna do you any good.' his tone showed he was far from being amused but there was nothing he could do against him, he knew that pushing him to hard would undo the little progress that had been accomplished however minor it seemed to himself and others he knew they may as well been giant leaps over a vast canyon for the youth. 'My habits are fine.' he sent back his hands moving under the table as he looked towards the elder male, he could feel himself being studied and it made him lower his head and tense up; it was something that had always worried him and for good reason. 'You're not there Ruvel, it's okay for people to watch for mannerisms here. It doesn't mean they're wanting to hurt you.' Seiyuki said trying to calm him. 'But they could be looking for flaws and weaknesses.' barthenz added for good measure making Ruvel all that more concerned 'Barthenz you idiot, we're trying to get him to relax not scare him!' Aelona yelled at the warrior 'I don't sugar coat my words fairy, he has a right to know given how close we are to that other place.' he didn't want to bring up the name knowing it would send the youth into a panic 'Yes, but there are security measures in place teacher made sure of it before we even suggested it.' Shindara added 'So there is little need to worry.' Amuul finished making the warrior sigh.

"He took me under his wing..." he looked down and to the left sadly "He cares for and protects me from those who would hurt me." he continued a weak smile on his face. How he wished he wasn't a burden for Cirven but there was little he could do about it given his limitations, all he could do was strive to be better and try return the man who he seen as his big brother's kindness. "I dislike ships." he said calmly looking to the other once more 'Thank goodness you joined a guild that uses ships then isn't it' Ordhabbi chuckled 'Leave him alone firework' Barthenz said coldly making the demoness go quiet, at least for now. "I am not a fighter so that kind of test is beyond me, but there is one I will want to put your through but you may not like it." he admitted, there was one test that showed a persons true resolve and it would be this he would eventually test.

Ruvel nodded showing he was fine with doing the more practical part tomorrow, though seemed surprised that the other said that his magic was hard to explain so would rather do a physical demonstration. "Um.. okay." he said standing watching as the other man picked up a pineapple and followed him to the beach, everything inside him told him this could end bad but he went anyway knowing he could summon if required. When they got to the beach and the piece of fruit was handed and given instruction to throw it when he gave word it made him blink in confusion "I'm not physically strong.." he sounded somewhat ashamed as he admitted that after seeing Barthenz and Cirven, he wondered if it made him some kind of failure. He waited for the signal none the less and threw the pineapple as hard as he could not that it was very far or hard but watched what happened. "You manipulate the air and wind pressure to do what you need of it." he said watching the two halves of the pineapple fall on the sand before picking them up and walked to the dirt digging a hole and placing the fruit within before covering them up once more. "The earth gives and so we return." he whispered before standing up nodding heading back to where they had their food. "Your magic is interesting, are you a holder mage?" he asked remembering how the other had used his rapier to cast.

Word count: 700
    Total word count: 5,176

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 13th October 2017, 4:17 pm

"I indeed do that, dear sir. Good throw" said Johann to Ruvel, giving him a friendly smile. He meant it. Ruvel picked up the two halves of the fruit and started to burry them. Johann didn't think about that, but he gave the youth a nod and said "nothing comes from nothing". It was wise to give nature back what was hers. Ruvel however still seemed to be cautious about Johann. He almost let out a sigh, but he guessed it couldn't be helped. He assumed that was part of the job. He was representing the WFTC, after all. He would just try his best to be as friendly and respectful as possible to Ruvel.

They came back to their table and sat down once more. Johann continued to take occasional sips from his glass of wine until it was empty while they continued the conversation. "You asked about whether I am a holder type, right ?" He found that after using his magic he was a bit hungry again, so he called for Daisy. "I think it's time for dessert, I'll have the fruit yoghurt, please." he ordered with a smile. He then turned his attention back to Ruvel. "I'm in fact a caster, not a holder, but I can see why one could think that about my rapier. Since you asked, this rapier has been in the possession of the von Weiss family for generations and it acts as sort of a battery for wind magic. One can store and release wind magic in and from the blade, although I only found out about that very recently when I discovered my own magic." He lowered his head. "A sad coincidence, really."

"But enough of that." he raised his head again, picking up his smile again. "May I ask you about your magic now, my friend ? You mentioned a physical exam for tomorrow and how you don't think you are physically strong. That leaves me wondering what kind of magic you utilize. Of course, good sir, you don't have to answer me if you think that would give me an unfair advantage for the exam." His yoghurt arrived, he accepted it with a friendly "Thank you", picked up the spoon and started eating. The combination of sweet fruit and sour yoghurt was delicious. He looked back towards Ruvel, smiling again, waiting for an answer.

Post Word Count: 396
    Word Count Total: 2.592 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 13th October 2017, 5:18 pm

Ruvel looked to the elder male blinking unsure what he meant by good throw, compared to Cirven and Barthenz his was pathetic and he knew it. "Um..." he didn't exactly know how to react to the others comment and it showed in the undertone he used. "It was how things where back home." he couldn't help but almost hug himself to prevent the shaking happening when he mentioned the word home but he managed to prevent himself remembering he was no longer there. There was rarely anything they had that could be placed back into the ground given how sparse things where for people like himself but he tried to put back wasn't used. Had the elder male known him more he would realise it wasn't just him that he was like this around but it was in fact everyone that he encountered and it was not due to the guild he belonged to but just his upbringing made him this way. He was trying to break the habit but he believed it would be one that would remain with him for the rest of his life and it was something that he could live with if it meant he would never have to go back to that place.

Ruvel nodded before his eyes looked to the sky and sighed a little 'What's wrong dear one?' Edaenz enquired worried about him, she knew that no blood moon was nearing and since arriving he had been given time to settle so he hadn't been over exerting himself thus no medicine would be needed for now at least. 'The window closed' he sent back to her, he only done things at certain points and one of them had ended for that day. 'Kid, don't be stupid and eat something.' Barthenz growled annoyed at how he was but even he knew that pushing the matter would be like hitting his head against a mountain it was to soon to break certain routines that had been drilled into Ruvel for six long and agonising years. When Daisy came over he asked for his plates to be removed his plates thanking her for the service and paying for both meals with a sizeable tip for the service they had received.

His hand reached for his water glass slowly holding it in both hands as he listened to the other "I see.." is all he could comment, he had no idea how process such a thing really given he himself was thought to have no magic for the longest time. He brought out a pendant from within his shirt and held it out to the other the glow acting like a torch "This was an heirloom of my family it's said but I know and remember nothing of them." he was still unsure as to what it done or even what or who his family was but it was something he didn't want to dig into, given what he had been put through he thought that he may not like what he found out and Seiyuki encouraged him not to look for his own sake. "For a very long time I was believed to hold no real magic" he admitted his eyes going to his glass deep in thought as he wondered if his magic now was even his.

He looked up as he was asked about his magic "I'm a summoner and can use demonslayer magic" he said calmly his eyes going to his water as he picked up his glass drinking some of the water before placing the glass down. He could feel that many of his summons weren't overly happy that he had divulged his magic types but still the other had been forth coming so he thought it was only correct to do the same. "I will give you two exams tomorrow and one of them will not be physical but mental" he explained taking another small sip of his water. "Do you have any other questions for me? If not I will retire for the evening. I will allow you the use of the suite reserved for myself within the hotel, it is the penthouse." he said slipping forward what seemed like a crystal key card with the wftc symbol on it. "Please enjoy our hospitality" he said standing placing some jewel on the table and leaving if the other had no other question to find somewhere to rest for the evening.

Word Count: 742
    Total Word Count: 5,918

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 13th October 2017, 6:59 pm

Johann stared at the almost full plates that Daisy took from Ruvel. It hurt his soul seeing good food like that being wasted, but he figured the other wasn't one to indulge in the luxuries of taste, but he decided not to comment on that. His father had taught him that food, if prepared by the right person, could be worth an immense sum. He learned to enjoy exquisite food whereever it was served, and despite the fact that the food at this place was good, but nothing out of the ordinary, it painfully reminded him of the time after that day and how ... difficult things were.

After Johann explained his rapier to Ruvel, the youth presented his own kind of heirloom in the form of a pendant. Johann had "received" a similar thing from his family, and brought out the amulett. "I have something like that as well, this one however belonged to my father". Thinking about his father still wasn't easy for Johann, but he found himself able to accept his past more and more as he grew older. The thing that mattered right now was the future. He wanted to tell Ruvel to value family more than anything else and keep those close that he holds dear since he knew how it felt to loose everyone, but he knew that it would have been an inappropriate thing to say to someone you barely know, so he kept his comments with himself.

Ruvel continued and explained his magic to him in return for the demonstration, and he explicated that he was both a summoner and a "demon slayer". Summoning magic Johann had heard about, but since he started using and learning about magic he had never heard of slayer magic, but he figured that he would find out soon enough about that.

"Very well, I am looking forward to whatever exam you will present with confidence. My last question would be: When and where is the exam gonna take place tomorrow ?"

After they had finished their conversation he offered Johann to stay in the suite that had been reserved for Ruvel. Johann was surprised by that offer and with a confused tone asked the youth "But that suite is yours, good sir. If you were to give it to me, where would you be staying ? I'm afraid I can't accept your offer". As much as Johann had a noble education and gotten used to the finer things in life, he still had been taught to be humble when it mattered. He hadn't had the chance to get a room yet, but he wasn't keen on taking what rightfully belonged to Ruvel. Johann kept looking at Ruvel with a confused look, unsure what to do.

Post Word Count: 459
    Word Count Total: 3.051 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 14th October 2017, 4:25 am

Ruvel turned his eyes as if he knew what the other was thinking, it wasn't because he could read minds but more he had seen the same kind of look when it came to eating on the ship and at the guild. He felt bad enough that he was wasting food without people giving such looks. He wouldn't apologise for it however, he was raised in a certain way with certain methods and was afraid to break them no matter how many times he was told that it was fine, that he was safe, that they could no longer get him. He wanted to let his guard down but he always had that fear that just as he would get comfortable and let his guard down that the dream would end and he would be dragged back to the nightmare to be punished for breaking the rules again. He looked to the other's amulet as he put his own necklace away the glow vanishing as he tucked it under his shirt, he took in every exquisite detail of the man's heirloom. "You're father was a very distinguished man, but he had his flaws..." he said continuing to study it "He took quite the beating in life be it politics or work but when he was kicked down he got back up no matter how hard it was to provide and protect his family..." his eyes continued to scan "At the end though..." he shook his head not wanting to go into the last part "Forgive me.." he said quietly, his hands moving to be about an inch in front of his face but hiding everything as be bowed his head forward a little, he found items had their own histories and you could find out a lot from current and past owners if you looked for the right indicators. He realised he had no right to speak of anything he seen.

He brought down his hands and looked to the other scanning his eyes for a moment "I'm an orphan." he finally said as if reading what the man wanted to say. He smiled a little as he turned his eyes towards divide island "I cherish my summons, my guild and the one who treats me like his family.." he said his eyes going back to Johann "So though I have had no family in my past, I do have one here and now that I will fight for no matter the cost." his voice though gentle held an unusual conviction to it. "It's good you're confident but we'll see how confident you are when the time comes." he said calmly before thinking for a second "We'll meet here tomorrow for breakfast at six thirty and go from there." he said calmly before turning once more before stopping hearing the other speaking once more making him look over his shoulder.

"Please, I insist." is all he would say to the confused elder man, he had no idea why the room had been reserved for him to be quite honest as his sleeping habits had shown he slept at the back guilds headquarters and his bedroom had been converted to fit certain needs he had. "I will see you in the morning Mr. Weiss" he said once more leaving the area to find a place he would be comfortable to resting. Certain areas had been marked on a map by Cirven and shown to the summons as to where the safe zones would given he had anticipated Ruvel's reluctance to sleep indoors. He had seen why and knew that it may be something that would never change within the youth. Within no time he was at one of the spots and moved to lay down his eyes closing as he fell into a sleep.

Word Count: 633
    Total Word Count: 6,551

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 14th October 2017, 11:43 am

Ruvel left Johann standing at the entrance to the hotel area of the esplanade with a confused look on his face and the WFTC key card in his hand, but before Johann could talk back Ruvel was gone. He stared at the card and guessed it would be a waste not to use it. Still, he didn't know what to think of Ruvel. He made his way inside and checked in using what Ruvel had left him and was led to the penthouse suite. The luxurious interior trumped his expectations by far, and he noticed his jaw drop a bit. The suite offered a giant canopy, a comfortable couch area including a fireplace, a balcony with an amazing view of the beach and the evening sky and even a fridge with fresh drinks and snacks. He couldn't help but wonder just how rich the West Fiore Trading Company must be to be able to casually afford such an extraordinary place unlike things even he had seen before.

Johann put down the small bag of spare clothes and other belongings he was carrying for the journey and decided to head straight to the bathroom. As he turned on the lights, he noticed an even more luxurious room, equipped with both shower, bathtub and all other small necessities one could possibly need in a bathroom. He was extremely pleased with what the suite had to offer and started to fill the bathtub with warm water. He couldn't fathom why someone would willingly give up this kind of accommodation, but then again, he couldn't read minds. Ruvel probably had his own very good reasons for that.

After a short while, he got into the steaming water and felt his muscles relax instantly. He let out a sigh and leaned back. This was the first time in days, possibly weeks, that he could truly relax and forget everything around him. Still, he did not and could not forget what Ruvel said earlier. The young man was determined to protect his guild members and everyone else he viewed as family, come what may, with an energy that Johann knew all too well. Johann held the same attitude. Despite the fact that he had lost all his family, he was hell-bent on protecting those that he held dear, and now that he was strong enough to take care of things, he would never let the things from his past happen again. He wondered if he could make friends at the WFTC, or if, maybe in the future, he could call them his family. He shook his head. It was way too early to even think about that and also childish to assume that about people he couldn't even call comrades yet. But just as determined as Ruvel was about protecting his fellow guild members, Johann was about passing Ruvels exam. He justified it with the riches and fame that would await him should he succeed. If he would have been honest with himself he would have noticed that it wasn't so much the reputation or the money that tempted him, but his loneliness and his longing for something he hadn't had in years: Friends.

He got out of the bathtub, brushed his teeth and got ready for bed. It was already dark outside when Johann came back into the other room and the lights of the bars and restaurants down at the shore illuminated the beach. It was a rather beautiful sight. He was pretty tired after all this time at sea without a real bed and found the thought of sleeping is a bed like this rather exciting and thus, went to sleep.

He woke up around 8 hours later when hints of the rising sun could already be seen on the horizon. He got up to take a look at his pocket watch. "Huh, haven't slept that long in weeks" he commented as he stared at the hands on the display. He still had about 45 minutes left before he would meet with Ruvel again and so, he got up, got dressed, made his bed and headed out of his room down to the restaurant and bar area where they had been the day before.

He checked the time as he entered the restaurant once more. "6.27" he commented in his head, before raising his head to look for Ruvel who, to his surprise, was standing there already, waiting for him, it seemed. "Good morning, dear Ruvel. I do hope you had a good night ? Shall we sit down ?"

Post Word Count: 757
    Word Count Total: 3.808 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 14th October 2017, 1:07 pm

Ruvel's opened suddenly filled with fear, he was covered in a cold sweat as he shook his hands covering his mouth as he muffled scream shaking, his arms going to hug himself as he curled into a ball tears falling. 'Dear one, calm down... shh... shh' the normal comforting voice came trying to ease his mind as she had every morning 'You are not there, we swear... shh... shh' she continued trying to calm him but it seemed to be more difficult than usual 'We're here, you're safe it was just a nightmare.' they had noted that the nightmares didn't seem to be leaving him, if anything they where becoming more vivid to him. It was almost like something was making them worse and not giving him the peace to time needed to heal from his past, eventually however he calmed sitting up slowly his hand going to his head.

"S-sorry" his hands went an inch in front of his face as he bowed his head 'Kid, you better break that habit and pretty damn quick or I'm going to break your arms.' Barthenz threatened making Ruvel shake knowing the warrior would do it too. 'Will you stop that you idiot! You're picking on a child!' came another voice annoyed at just how Barthenz was being towards someone who was already scared. 'He needs to forget that place, it means breaking elements of it' he almost yelled back 'That might be true but pushing to quickly and you'll break him, he's still fragile' another voice spoke, Ruvel covered his ears in the hopes to block them out but it wasn't working 'Everyone hush, we're causing our summoner severe distress.' another voice interrupted calmly and the voices of the others went silent.

After a moment of catching his breath and centring himself Ruvel stood and walked towards a nearby stream to wash, as the crisp, fresh water touched his skin waking him fully. When he was done he moved to the hotel bar. "Good morning, you're here early." the person behind the bar spoke with a smile "It's actually rather late for me." he commented making the barman blink in surprise "So what can I get for you then?" he asked not sure how to take the one in front of him "A glass of water and a small bowl of fruit salad please." his voice respectful of the one on the other side of the bar who moved to get what he requested. Ruvel placed the jewel on the bar and took what he was ordered when ready to the table he was at the evening before placing the items down before he sat down. His eyes looking around the place as he did before, the quiet was deafening but he was kind of happy to have it.

Slowly over the hours he had eaten around a quarter of the fruit and drank half the glass of water, his eyes looking out as he noticed Johann approaching and stood to great him. His hand going to his chest as he moved the upper half forward a little "Good morning Mr. Weiss, I trust you slept well." he said politely moving his hand towards a chair, the bar had become a little more lively since his own arrival but it was still quiet compared to the evening before. "My rest was adequate." he said taking a seat after the other took his. "Please feel free to order what you would like for breakfast." he said gently his eyes going to his half filled glass of water.

Word Count: 595
    Total Word Count: 7,146

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 14th October 2017, 1:50 pm

Johann sat down beside Ruvel to see he had already ordered something. "I'm sorry, did I let you wait ? I admit my sleep was rather long, but also very refreshing, I must say". He picked up the smell of fresh bread and oranges, and it made his stomach growl a little. Sometimes he felt like he should scold himself for acting like a glutton, but he just couldn't help being hungry again and thus called for the bartender. "I'll have some of that fresh toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, baked beans and chicken breast. In addition to that, I would like to order some orange juice, on ice if possible, please".

The bartender stared at him with a confused looks on his face and Johann knew that this portion seemed to be a little much, but using magic burned a whole lot of calories, after all. A few minutes later, after Johann and Ruvel had gone through the polite back and forth of small-talk, the hearty breakfast arrived and spread it's exhilarating smell through the bar area. Johann couldn't wait any longer and began to eat.

"Now, good sir," Johann made a push to continue the conversation they had left it the day before " back to topic. Today is the day of the exam. Can you tell me more about the specifics of this exam ? What will be tested, for example ? And when does it start ?". Johann really couldn't help but since yesterday all he could think about was the West Fiore Trading Company and an almost childish excitement spread throughout his entire body.

Post Word Count: 269
    Word Count Total: 4.077 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruvel
    Ruvel

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ruvel 14th October 2017, 2:51 pm

Ruvel shook his head "Not at all, you where a few minutes early apparently." he said looking out over the ocean once more, he smiled a little watching how the waves seemed to sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight "I wake around the same time every morning, it's a force of habit." his fought to prevent his voice from breaking as he thought what happened if a person was found sleeping, he scratched at his symbol underneath the table. It wasn't that he wanted to deface it, it was just another force of habit he was trying to break; he found scratching at his guild symbol gave him some comfort because it didn't go no matter how much he clawed at it. 'My family and home have this symbol' he reminded himself of Shindara's words and those helped him to stop scratching, he hadn't he had broke the skin small trickles of glistening light escaping his wrist.

"I am glad you rested well, it means no excuses of fatigue can be used." he said truthfully to the other as he pushed the still three quarter full bowl of fruit salad away from him, his hand going to his wrist as he seen his blood covering it pulling it under the table where he used a napkin as a bandage 'Damn it, I done it again.' he scolded himself, once he had dealt with his wound his hand went to his glass of water. He listened to what the other ordered remaining quiet until he himself was spoken to "First part, I am going to test your resolve." he said quietly, his was tested on a daily basis with his training and such. He couldn't exactly complain since it was to better him but it often felt like Cirven and Barthenz where trying to kill him due to making him do physical training that he wasn't built for, he went quiet taking a small sip from his glass setting it down once more. "We could start now, but you may be sick." he said calmly letting the other decide if it's what he wanted.

Word Count: 353
    Total word count: 7,499

Last edited by Ruvel on 13th December 2018, 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Betrayal

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 14th October 2017, 3:51 pm

"My resolve?" He smiled. "Very well, we can start right after the breakfast". Johann continued eating. He wondered just how this exam was gonna play out. "I'm not one for excuses, dear Ruvel. I'll try my honest best with all I've got". He gave Ruvel a friendly smile. He hadn't even thought about trying something other than his best after what had happened to him. He would never again give less than 100% and risk losing someone. Not now, and not in the future. He remembered the training with his father. He had always tried to do the bare minimum to pass the tests his father would give him, and he remembered what happened after ...

He finished his meal and placed the jewels for his food on the counter, then stood up and looked over to Ruvel. "Well then, shall we head down for the beach ?". It was now bright day and it started to get warmer. The waves were crashing against the shore and the fresh ocean breeze filled the air. The air was running through Johanns hair as he walked down the beach together with Ruvel and he came to a stop a few meters away from him. He turned around to face Ruvel and said "I am ready, dear Ruvel. Shall we start?".

Post Word Count: 218
    Word Count Total: 4.295 / 12.500

Last edited by Johann on 13th December 2018, 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 12:20 am