Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Magic Academies?

DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,243,068

Character Sheet
    First Magic: [Second Generation] Ice Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic: - - -
    Third Magic:

Magic Academies? Empty Magic Academies?

Post by DOPPO 6th July 2017, 1:47 pm

Hi-hi, I'll try to keep this as short and sweet as usual.

• What are you suggesting?

I think it'd be a nice touch for the community to interact with characters beyond what are considered guildmates, enemies, mentors, or other wizards, but classmates. I am suggesting we implement FTRP's first IC Magic Academy.

Now there are several ways to go about this. Within this Magic Academy, there will be several participants, which are divided into students and teachers. Typically speaking, the students would ideally but lower-ranking wizards (B-rank and below) while teachers being higher-ranking wizards (A-rank and above).

The academy can be as complex or simple as we want it to be. I have several ideas, but I shall try my best to narrow it down.

• Courses

There can be several courses students can take, as they can all be of different nature and difficult and offer different rewards. Some courses you must pay for in jewels to attend, while others are free but still offer rewards. The greater the sacrifice, the greater the rewards.

Rewards can be spell slots, jewels, experience (higher level courses), or items. These rewards are offered to both students and teachers. However, they are not guaranteed. Like any school,
      you don't get your reward just by attending the class. Based on individual teacher and student performance will determine if you get your reward or not by the end of the course/thread.

Courses include different things, but completely optional for students and teachers to attend.
      Some may include PvP, some may be more competitive (i.e, who can do this the fastest/most,
      etc)

But it's not just about spamming classes to get to B-rank or to work hard to get a certain amount of jewels, we don't want to replace the mentoring system, which is why the experience reward won't be doubled but may equate to a job of its respective rank, or above average.

A Magic Academy can promote individual plot and character development. People who want their characters to have jobs as professional teachers while staying in their guild (Wizards of any guilds are permitted to attend the Magic Academy, it's a neutral facility!) or people who want their characters to have a teacher, or experience a school-like environment can.

Within the Magic Academy, school events may take place (which only teachers, special guests, and students may attend. This will encourage people to join!), competitions, and examinations.

• Graduation

After students have exceeded B-rank, they will graduate from the Magic Academy. However,
      they return for special courses. They may cost a lot, but in the end, they'll be getting the rewards they want if they perform well. Wizards returning after graduation for more courses will have to sacrifice more with each special course they take.

So, yeah, I wanted to hear more thoughts before I continued. Anyone have any ideas?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Godlike Frederik
    Godlike Frederik
    The Forsaken

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Apex of Darkness
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 258,417

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Plague Craft
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Magic Academies? Empty Re: Magic Academies?

Post by Godlike Frederik 6th July 2017, 1:57 pm

Could be a fun addition indeed! Definitely worth to take a closer look at.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Celestial Star Show
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Knight of Zero 6th July 2017, 2:09 pm

This sounds like could be really fun, curious though if a course ends after one thread or can it continue on to multiple? Say like a person is trying to learn fire magic and learns in a week due to speed completed.

Magic Academies? FtxZxrE
    Cr1tikal
    Cr1tikal

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 8
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: FrostFire Dragon Slayer
    Second Magic: Cosmic Slayer
    Third Magic:

Post by Cr1tikal 6th July 2017, 3:33 pm

Reading this it just sounds like mentor jobs by a different name while adding costs to it.

Magic Academies? MQNhOUw

DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by DOPPO 6th July 2017, 3:47 pm

Papa Aiya wrote:Reading this it just sounds like mentor jobs by a different name while adding costs to it.

Even though it was mentioned several times in the suggestion, the purpose of this Academy would be to provide an environment which people whom wish their characters to take on a student/teacher role can. Again, it is different from the mentoring system in the sense that it provides rewards besides jewels and experience, and opportunities for fun events, competitions, and a proper environment for mentoring. If anything, it compliments the mentoring system.

However, I'd make it so this is treated as an alternate option to ranking up than replacing the mentoring system. Everyone is rewarded but not guaranteed a reward. That being said, the Magic Academy is a step forward into creating plot between characters and more unique ways in developing characters. Staff's solution to this problem has only been "make custom jobs", and here is another solution.

Knight of Zero wrote:This sounds like could be really fun, curious though if a course ends after one thread or can it continue on to multiple? Say like a person is trying to learn fire magic and learns in a week due to speed completed.

This entirely depends on the person's rank and magic. A B-rank's magic will be harder to nurture and train than a D-rank's. That being said, like with summoner magics, there are different grades of summons (Normal, Grand, and Immaculate) and thus make take several sessions to conquer and nurture.

Rasparov
    Rasparov

Haiku Contest Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Evolution Dominance
    Experience : 32,387.5

Post by Rasparov 6th July 2017, 3:55 pm

Ezra Aurence wrote:Even though it was mentioned several times in the suggestion, the purpose of this Academy would be to provide an environment which people whom wish their characters to take on a student/teacher role can. Again, it is different from the mentoring system in the sense that it provides rewards besides jewels and experience, and opportunities for fun events, competitions, and a proper environment for mentoring. If anything, it compliments the mentoring system.
    Any job can provide more than just jewels and exp for rewards. And fun events/competitions are things you can make whenever you want if you can find people to join them/pay out of your own pocket for rewards (If it's not a staff made event.) And a 'proper' place for mentoring is generally out in the field/on a job, which is how it is with any kind of mentoring program that deals with something like this.

However, I'd make it so this is treated as an alternate option to ranking up than replacing the mentoring system. Everyone is rewarded but not guaranteed a reward. That being said, the Magic Academy is a step forward into creating plot between characters and more unique ways in developing characters. Staff's solution to this problem has only been "make custom jobs", and here is another solution.
    Non-guaranteed rewards makes it something I would never want on the site.
    It leads to favoritism and people getting upset. The mentor and job systems are literally covering everything here besides someone just making an actual plot on their own to make one.
    It doesn't need to be a system, as it would be redundant.

Magic Academies? ItgRqcj
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by DOPPO 6th July 2017, 4:37 pm

Rasparov wrote:Any job can provide more than just jewels and exp for rewards. And fun events/competitions are things you can make whenever you want if you can find people to join them/pay out of your own pocket for rewards (If it's not a staff made event.) And a 'proper' place for mentoring is generally out in the field/on a job, which is how it is with any kind of mentoring program that deals with something like this.

This suggestion is not intended to replace jobs nor the mentor system, but will simply be treated as an alternate option. Just as you can earn items and jewels in jobs and official events, you can earn them here for the same amount of effort. Though, the job system in of itself does need a lot of improvement, and official events that give quality rewards or even finish at all are hard to come across, this will need a lot of tweaks as well.

However, I believe there should be more to do than spam jobs until your muse dies and hope you achieve your desired rank before that. This suggestion is here more for a fun way to do the same thing with a completely different environment.

On a final note, I would have to disagree about where a mentor should ideally be. Typically, that would be the best response, on a job, because there's been nothing but jobs. There has been no alternate options or other ways to mentor people but on jobs. Though ideally, a mentor (an experienced and/or trusted adviser) should be in a Magic Academy, an academic facility designed around magic. So it seems most fitting for an experienced wizard to be in an environment meant to nurture aspiring wizards and cultivate their potential.

Rasparov wrote:Non-guaranteed rewards makes it something I would never want on the site.
    It leads to favoritism and people getting upset. The mentor and job systems are literally covering everything here besides someone just making an actual plot on their own to make one.
    It doesn't need to be a system, as it would be redundant.

Again, this suggestion is designed to be an alternate option instead of a replacement. The mentor and job system does cover what has been suggested but this is simply another way to do it.

As for the non-guaranteed rewards, yeah, I can see where it can go wrong. Though, thanks for pointing it out, it shall be changed~

What I think you're missing is that environment that has been suggested. The Magic Academy, where aspiring mages can come to cultivate their abilities, polish their skills, and nurture their individual among other wizards. It would be the School of FTRP, completely optional, and with rewards for everyone. Besides rewards, it'd be a new and fun environment to roleplay in and give people more options to develop a plot instead of "doing it theirselves."

Special Snowflake
    Special Snowflake

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : None
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Thread Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Special Snowflake 7th July 2017, 1:14 pm

So, I can't make this isn't own system or anything like that, but why not hold a pole of how many people want it and a sub forum could be made, and jobs could be created for it. Could be just a fun magic academy storyline/area that has its own little timeline. Could always ask for events held in it, and so forth and could be fun. it can work within the systems we have right now.

A teacher could just be that in character and if people wanted to sign them up as a mentor (because they can have multiple people underneath) they could. Basically, I like the concept, just is it okay if it fits within the systems a bit more?

Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Celestial Star Show
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Knight of Zero 7th July 2017, 1:46 pm

Special Snowflake wrote:So, I can't make this isn't own system or anything like that, but why not hold a pole of how many people want it and a sub forum could be made, and jobs could be created for it. Could be just a fun magic academy storyline/area that has its own little timeline. Could always ask for events held in it, and so forth and could be fun. it can work within the systems we have right now.

A teacher could just be that in character and if people wanted to sign them up as a mentor (because they can have multiple people underneath) they could. Basically, I like the concept, just is it okay if it fits within the systems a bit more?

This sounds good +tbh that's what I thought this was? Guess some of the concepts went over my head. Idk can't remember my initial thoughts. Well maybe the teacher part I get but people could just make a job or thread with them? Like the part about timeline especially.

Magic Academies? FtxZxrE
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by DOPPO 7th July 2017, 2:29 pm

Special Snowflake wrote:So, I can't make this isn't own system or anything like that, but why not hold a pole of how many people want it and a sub forum could be made, and jobs could be created for it. Could be just a fun magic academy storyline/area that has its own little timeline. Could always ask for events held in it, and so forth and could be fun. it can work within the systems we have right now.

Oh, of course. That was my intention, but perhaps the in-depth descriptions of how it would work got a bit too much.

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 7:06 am