Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Involving The Magic Council?

DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,243,068

Character Sheet
    First Magic: [Second Generation] Ice Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic: - - -
    Third Magic:

Involving The Magic Council? Empty Involving The Magic Council?

Post by DOPPO 29th June 2017, 7:43 pm

Well, going to make this as short and sweet as I usually do.

I believe it's more than time to start developing the Magic Council, as it is become more and more demanded and necessary.

• What is the Magic Council?
      Well, the Magic Council (according to the Wiki) is as following "...the main ruling body of the entire Magic world, the Council possesses almost utmost control over it, acting as a leading government of sort. The Council rules all of the legal Guilds scattered throughout Earth Land, overseeing them and keeping them in check,[2] and they are responsible for the events caused by Mages, also possessing the right to punish Mages who break the law[3] and to confiscate magical artifacts which could potentially cause large-scale damage..."

It is merely nothing more than this universe's leading/political body. However, on FTRP, the Magic Council is practically non-existent in all things besides guild regulation.

• What is the issue?
      As stated above, the Magic Council is non-existent. We've seen no activity with them besides small NPCs in events that die quicker than Laughing Coffin. In fact, they really only exist within our rules, which only define and express the natures of guild alignments.

The issue following this is that there is such little involvement with this organization poses a few problems. One being that a lot of the plot, including site-wide events, become more and more bland as they rely more and more on PvP and plot-without-buildup (PWB) to spice it up. And that includes a lot of the major plotting on this site. A lot of Guild Plots are simply just PvP with plot that has been one-dimensional and extensive. In summary, a lot of the plot that takes place in large-plots or events is simply PvP or some sort of setting with no real build-up or context.

Another issue it may pose is simply how easily manipulated it can be. There are several examples of this but I'll only brief over a couple.

The Magic Council, because it really is only a few sentences in the rules rather than an actual governing body, really can be swayed in anyone's favor. For example, Fairy Tail. There have been conversations on where Fairy Tail was headed in turns of alignment, Legal, Dark, or Indie. May have argued for either side, and many would suggest that the MC would do this, or would be likely to do that, as if it were a character with a personality and a behavior that justifies that speculation.

Another example is an event done by Savage Skull a while backs, where hundreds of Rune Knights had invaded SS territory. Even after defeated, the Magic Council has simply done nothing. Despite knowing their location, what they have done, and clearly it was a priority if they sent hundreds of units (but simply turn another cheek a day later?).

These are just two examples about how inconsistent the use of the Magic Council is, and how such an anonymous body could pose problems.

• Solutions?

Now on with the actual suggestion, and this has been suggested several times, really. Provide the community with NPCs specifically made to run the MC (personalities and backstories and whatnot) or make positions available within that organization to the community.

I personally suggest opening positions up, because for various reasons, they were closed to the community years ago for activity or commitment reasons. So I am personally for the positions, as we have new members, new attitudes toward the MC, and thus it allows for a new chance to make the MC work again. But I also heavily suggest NPCs.

By developing NPCs, we could now made somewhat accurate speculation over what the MC would likely do in this and that situation, have them be more involved with guild regulation, and make events add a political spice instead of PvP and competition purely.

• What else?

By doing this, it would also open up opportunities for plot beyond Fiore and instead involve more Nations. I, for one, would be pleased to see that there is more to FTRP's Earthland than jobs.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 9:41 am