Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away?

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth God Slayer
    Second Skill: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away?

Post by redheadedstepchild 27th September 2016, 7:08 pm

Notes:

The Earth Wizard watched Sorano write magical runes in the air, creating a human like creature that made Ux almost scream with anger. For a Dragon, the beast seemed to really hate the idea of creating a true false life. The fact that Mashyuu's golem couldn't act without a mental command seemed different to Ux then whatever it was that Sorano had made, considering that the creature she made was actually able to understand more than one type of language at any given any time. Still Mashyuu was very much interested in Sorano's spell, something about it was truly powerful and awe inspiring to the Earth slinging Wizard. "Hey, are you alright? Need to take a breath or something? Why don't you let me handle the next request or something? " Mashyuu asked while he placed a hand into his leather jacket to grab something that was in his hidden pockets. But before he could pull the item out Sorano and the dog like creatures had moved to a large clearing. He watched as Sorano created a basket that could apparently create any kind of food and Mashyuu nodded his head up and down smiling in approval. "Impressive as always but here take this." Mashyuu handed Sorano a potion, a blue liquid in a silver flask that would restore some of her magical power every few seconds, for a short time. (Wizards would know this as a Master Mage's Flask) "Now let me get to work."

"My friends, you should all move to the outskirts of the field so I can work in peace. Sorano, please move that basket so that it doesn't get broken and your spell won't go to waste." Mashyuu called out as he stalked towards the center of the field. Mashyuu, can you make a park like you told everyone you could? Ux asked with concern in his mental voice. Mashyuu couldn't say for sure but he had a few ideas that he was about to try. His hands slowly came up from his sides, stopping as they reached out at shoulder height. His wide hands clenched to fists and the ground under him rolled up in a tall dome, making Mashyuu slide off the dome to the ground. A single finger pointed at the dome and earth fell in on itself, changing the dome into a jungle gym for at least four people to play on. Then he pointed some fifty meters away from himself and a large pile of dirt sprang up from the ground and started to buffer the ground as Mashyuu circled the area with the dirt, doing this repeatedly until he had created a fair sized running track. A small drop of sweat rolled down his face as Mashyuu focused on the next task at hand. The Slayer constructed various walls on top of each other and made a make shift castle that was tall enough for preteen children to play on and get hurt if they fell by mistake. "Swing set, every park needs a swing set." Mashyuu muttered to himself. To round out the park Mashyuu created a small five man swing set out of stone, soft dirt placed on the seats kept them comfortable and stone links acted as chains, to keep everything moving correctly.

Weakly Mashyuu fell to his knees and drew a few short, shallow breaths while he struggled to make sure that he wasn't going to pass out from the sudden use of so much of his magical power. "It's yours, a park to play in... What's next?" Mashyuu asked while pulling himself up and walking over to Sorano to make sure she was doing okay. The use of so much magical power so suddenly calmed him down a bit but the Wizard was still a little worried about getting out of the area intact.

WC: 6074/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away?

Post by ivyleaf33 28th September 2016, 7:49 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    After writing out the spell for her humanoid thing, Sorano tensed as a sudden spike of emotion shot up from behind her. Recognizing the signature of Hoseki, she frowned ever so slightly, wondering what it was that had troubles him. Probably to do with her creating something so close to life. However, unlike how Hoseki thought of it, this creation of the letter mage's was no life form. That was a task too difficult for any mage in her field, and very possibly every mage that ever was and will be. This was, in fact, a golem very similar to Mashyuu's. If one thought of it as a fairly android, they would be quite close to what this letter mage had created. Having missed Mashyuu's concerned questions, it was only after she had formed the basket that the dragon slayer had her stop and take a drink from a flask. Sniffing it curiously, Sorano soon found that it was a mage's flask, something she had used once or twice before. "Thank you, Mashyuu," she said politely, feeling the sudden rush of energy from the potion.

Heeding the earth mage's advice, Sorano carefully nudged the basket over to the side of the clearing, and everyone settled down to enjoy this demonstration of Mashyuu's creative juices. Though many of the yōkai were obviously startled by the sudden forming of the dome, Sorano's umber gaze remained ever straight and unchanging. It was rather impressive, what the earth slayer was doing. The complexity involved in the creation of the jungle gym must have been amazing, and were the letter mage to have emotion, she would have cried at the sheer thought of all the description creating such a thing with her magic would require. Then, the earth would tremble as the track was gradually smoothed out into a very nicely done track. The swing sets were an excellent finish, and by the time he had finished, Sorano knew from her ethics that she ought to give him something like that potion.

Unfortunately, the only spell she knew of that would do that was a spell that would drain energy from the yōkai, which would bring about rather unpleasant results. "That was impressive, Mashyuu, please take all the time you require to rest." Then, turning to the inugami, she would find them all leaping off into the park, tails wagging like crazy. She took that as an "accepted!".

This was when two creatures sprang from behind the two mages, causing Sorano to place a hand on her knife in surprise, when the transformed into humans midair and landed in front of the two, the female still recovering from a somersault. "Yahello~!" she squealed, saluting with a bright smile. The male plopped down, crossing his legs like a grade schooler sitting on the carpet, and waved cheerfully at them. Still blinking from the surprise, Sorano nodded slowly, responding with a bow and a calm "Mm, greetings to you as well, Itachi-san, Tanuki-san."

Possibly the two fastest transformers of the yōkai, these two types of yōkai were known for their playfulness and clever minds. The female, or the itachi nodded, expression thoughtful. "Okayyy~ As the representative of the super kawaii and amazing itachi yōkai, I have come to set our price!" Then, in a flash of color, the cute little girl was gone, replaced by a professor-like woman with a stern expression. "We are willing to be flexible, and will allow you to decide what you would wish to give to us. Of course, if it is insufficient, we will naturally request more or something else. You have ten minutes to make your decision. The time starts... now!" Hitting a stopwatch, she would glare at them before turning away to chat with the tanuki.
    6730o/o 8400

Notes:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mashyuu and Sorano in: Spirited Away? - Page 2 B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 28th September 2016, 8:13 pm

Notes:

The Earth Wizard was wiped out from using so much magical power so swiftly. He wasn't out of power but he was beat from using so much power without warning. "Nah, I'll be okay, just give me a few moments and I'll be up again." Mashyuu assured Sorano and laid down slowly, closing his eyes until he felt the presence of two more creatures approaching along with Hoseki galloping up to the Wizards. Ux, I'm beat. This has been one of the hardest jobs I've ever done and we haven't even fought. What kind of crap is this? Mashyuu mentally asked his ring. The spirit inside chuckled softly and spoke in a tone that said it was amused with the Wizard it had been teaching. That is because you are working your mind harder than you have ever don in your life. Not using the muscle has made it weak in some ways, now it's stronger than ever and working to keep up with Sorano. From what I can tell, this is not something that many Wizards have been able to do. Ux responded.

Mashyuu rolled his eyes and sat up, watching Hoseki slip Mashyuu's hammer into the strap on the Dragon's side. He almost didn't notice the woman and man standing and sitting across from Mashyuu and Sorano while they started on about demands they had. The Earth Wizard wasn't sure how much longer he would be able to deal with more demands from more strange creatures, but then the demand they made caused Mashyuu's brow to furrow in annoyed anger. Not the kind of anger that would make him want to kill someone or hurt them, but the kind that made him want to scream in great agitation. With a spring in his step Mashyuu kipped up and stalked towards Hoseki and yanked his hammer out of the strap. "Stay here. I'll be back...." Mashyuu ordered the two then looked at the two creatures. "The first thing we offer is a cold star from the sky itself." Mashyuu offered and activated the magic in his hammer, taking off into the sky at a rapid speed.

"Figure it out yourself, if we don't like it we will make demands." "Freaks could just say what they want instead of making us play a guessing game. These guys need a swift kick in the rectum." Mashyuu mumbled while he flew up high into the dark sky until he could no longer be seen. His right hand held his hammer, soaring higher and higher while a cold blue aura radiated out of the hammer washing over the Wizard and a few meters away from him. This won't work. "If anything it will buy Sorano some time to come up with something special." Mashyuu snapped at Ux and reached into his pocket, pulling out a diamond scale from Hoseki that he managed to keep hidden from a few moments ago. The higher he went into the sky, the colder it got, the colder it got the faster thick ice started to grow form on the scale and the cold aura he let loose from the hammer kept the gem frozen correctly. Just as swiftly as he flew up, Mashyuu crashed back down into the ground, holding the absolutely freezing diamond covered in ice and presented it to the others while smiling at Sorano and winking. "Alright so what do you have?"

WC: 6651/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 29th September 2016, 8:23 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    After ensuring that the older mage was okay, Sorano would direct her focus to the request of the itachi. Ah, a price that could be guessed, if one knew about the itachi and tanuki. They would then proceed to bargain and argue until they had taken the greatest thing they could from one, happy and satisfied with their prank of sorts. However, what they weren't quite prepared for was the extremely random and unexpected reply from Mashyuu. In fact, even the taciturn letter mage started slightly, blinking in alarm at the earth mage. In his aura, there was that immense emotion again, frustration and anger. Oh dear... was it now that the earth mage would do something brash again?

Recovering quickly, the itachi would smirk, suddenly shifting into the form of a shy young woman. "Oh! C-could you really? What an honor it would be to receive such a wondrous gift!" Eyes wide in wonder, with cheeks colored in a soft pink, the woman let her gaze travel upwards into the clouds where the slayer had vanished to. Even the tanuki perked up, eyes staring curiously upwards with an amused smile dangling on his trickster's face. "Heh! If he manages it, that would in fact be quite a marvel! More than enough to pay for a good lifetime's foolery in Earthland." It was around now that Mashyuu slowly began his descent, and as she could tell from the aura of what he carried, it was no more than a precious jewel coated with ice.

Reaching out with tendrils of her own magic, Sorano rapidly wrote a few words, causing a sudden radiance to burst out about him as he descended from the sky. "Behold! An icy star from the heavens above!" Though her voice lacked the emotion required, there was none needed for the fabulous display of lights was more than enough to impress the yōkai of little tricks such as this. As Mashyuu presented the yōkai with the diamond Sorano kept a bit of light within it, and a slight misty aura about it. In this way, it really did look a bit more star-like. "Kya-ha! Now that is a trick!" The delighted bark of laughter from the tanuki sent both yōkai into a scattered conversation about how they might have orchestrated the trick.

"That was simply fabulous, a good trick if I ever saw one, huh? It really does look like it could be a star..." The itachi snatched up the orb, looking at it from all angles. "Well! Humans, you really have met a stroke of luck today, for I'll let you go for just this mockery of a star and adequate inspiration for a good couple hundred pranks!" Waving goodbye, the two seemed to vanish, leaving Sorano still unsure of what exactly had happened. "I suppose there's a reason why they're often called oddities, huh."

"Aye. Oddities we are, Granon-san, Kumonosu-san, but not all of us are so lax and weak-willed as the shapeshifters." Immediately, one could sense that this was a voice to be respected, the presence of one who was powerful. A tall man strode in, dressed in a handsome suit, with a hat pulled low so it was difficult to make out the features of his face. Behind him, the tengu from before along with a short, squat old lady and an oni stood, treating the man up front like a leader. "Kitsune-san." Sorano intoned this politely, bowing down low. Whether they left or not may very well depending this person. "Yes, clever little child, are you not? And dragon-kin as well, my, how lively! I hear you come to barter with us?"

Nodding, Sorano would prepare for whatever his demand was. "Well, myself, the oni, tengu, and tsuchigumo have decided that we will test your fighting ability. If you pass, you may leave with the humans. If not? You will assist us in our mission as well. What I am proposing is a small duel of sorts, except with the two of you against the four of us. Yes, I realize this may seem unfair to you, but I am sure you are no weaklings? The representatives of the other species are all of mediocre rank, somewhere below yours. Will you accept to the terms: no fatalities or permanent harm may be caused. The winning team will be determined by the team who is knocked unconscious first, or who surrenders first."
    7469o/o 8400

Notes:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 29th September 2016, 11:01 pm

Notes:

Blue eyes narrowed and squinted with sudden pain as the gem Mashyuu held exploded into a bright light, almost making him think that he indeed somehow managed to create a star. Luckily not even he was that stupid but the quick thinking of Sorano indeed made his trick come to life and pleased the spirits enough to get the two to give Mashyuu and Sorano a pass. the act brought a wide smile to Mashyuu's face as he looked back to Hoseki and the Fairy Tail Wizard, holding up a thumb to show his approval of the help. "See, I can do more than fight." Mashyuu chuckled and placed his hand on Sorano's shoulder while looking up at the sky. "We are almost out of here." Mashyuu closed his eyes and took a deep breath of air until a deep voice caught him off guard and made the Wizard snap back to attention.

The Slayers eyes narrowed but he gave the man a slight bow of respect if for no other reason than because Sorano seemed to deem it needed, even if Mashyuu wouldn't normally have done so. He could feel his muscles contracting and flexing, sensing the intent for combat flowing off the man in that and his cronies. A wide smile spread over Mashyuu's face for a long moment as he started to day dream about fighting the group alone. Oh how he lived for the thrill of the fight...

Pushing Sorano back behind him Mashyuu stepped forward, effortlessly whipping his hammer around in a circle, cutting air with the force of the swing and tossing it into his left hand while his right hand flexed and formed into a balled up fist. "You're on. But it's just going to be me fighting all of you." Mashyuu demanded and glanced back to Sorano, giving her a warm and trusting smile. Before the Yokai had a chance to even move Mashyuu reached his right hand out and launched a blast electricity through the group, causing them all to lock up and tense as Mashyuu fell into the ground itself and came up behind the group with his hammer in hand. "You guys shouldn't have challenged me. Don't you know that Dragon's are the most powerful force of destruction to ever walk Earthland?" Mashyuu unleashed the power in his hammer, lava erupting from the top of the heavy weapon as he took a full swing with the hammer, slamming the head into the back of the old woman, then letting the back swing hit another Yokai before the man in the hat managed to jump back in order to avoid the strike. As the other two cried out in pain Mashyuu dropped the hammer, clapped his hands together and placed them to the ground. "Earth Dragon's Fang!" He called out. Four spiked pillars of stone lanced up out of the ground and shot straight through the two spirits near the Earth Wizard, knocking them out from the blow. The man in the hat placed his hand atop his head to hold the garment in place and grinned a wicked smile. "Very impressive, now it's my turn." He mocked Mashyuu and threw a hand out to shoulder height at his side while keeping his other hand atop his hat. a bright light erupted from the ground and then created duplicates of the Yokai leader, six in total. With his arms folded over his chest the Earth Wizard yawned until the spell was complete. "That it? None of those have any weight to them. I can feel the pressure you're putting in the ground and they don't put any weight at all in it. You're making things too easy." Mashyuu was on a team with a trickster for a long time, he knew the in's and out's of the game better than he let on and this thing wouldn't get one over on him so easily. A small boom erupted from where Mashyuu stood as he darted forward, leaving his hammer on the ground behind him, coming to a stop in front of the six Yokai, his left hand reached out and swept through four bodies while his head lashed forward to butt and his right leg came up and slammed into the real Yokai, knocking the air out of his lungs and sending the spirit backwards a few steps. "Your strength is impressive Dragon Kin, and your instincts are sharp, but can you handle true power?" He pulled his right arm back and slashed up, five claws ripped through what the monster was sure was Mashyuu's body until the Earth Wizard exploded in a wave of sand. Soaring through the sky Mashyuu reformed ten meters above the Yokai. "Secret Art: Earth Dragon's Sand Form, and... Earth Dragon's Tomb!" Mashyuu reached out to the Yokai with both hands and slammed his fists together, the ground under the Yokai exploded up and swallowed Mashyuu's foe, dragging him under ground and crushing him until the man/spirit beast passed out from the sheer force of Mashyuu's spells.

But all of that was simply a day dream. Instead Mashyuu thought for a long moment and instead of stepping in front of Sorano he stepped up to her side. "No deal. Your people wanted to be happy. To find some sort of common ground with us. And we did just that. Is that not what you want for your people? To see them happy in this world? After all what is any power worth if you aren't happy? Now if you want something then we can work out a deal, if not I ask you send the humans home and allow us to return home as well. Maybe you aren't worshiped as gods here. But here you seem to have all the power you would ever need, and you are with your family and friends. Don't take that away from the people you took today." Mashyuu pleaded.

The Jaw of Hoseki dropped, never before had Mashyuu shown such insight to the world around him or shown any sort of true wisdom and he assumed that the Earth Wizard was simply so hot headed that he didn't have that kind of thinking power in his mind. But here Mashyuu stood, showing Wisdom that only Ux had shown before and Hoseki couldn't sense any power coming from the ring, showing that the Dragon Spirit hadn't actually fed Mashyuu any lines, and that Mashyuu indeed came up with all of this on his own. Even Mashyuu himself was a little surprised by the show of thought he presented. Mashyuu, my student are you okay? I have never heard you say anything like this before and you still had the thought to fight these creatures before presenting such a well thought out statement. Yet you put no thought into what you said before hand. Ux was concerned for the young man, thinking that something terrible happened to Mashyuu's mind from going so long without fighting something he really wanted to hit. I'm fine Ux. But not everything needs to result in me hitting stuff. My family and friends taught me that and Sorano has worked very hard to not let things end in such a way. I won't let her efforts end in violence if it isn't needed one hundred percent. Mashyuu mentally responded.

Slowly Mashyuu placed his hand on Sorano's shoulder and clasped the bone comfortingly. "I know you can sense my anger, and how hard I've been holding back. I want to thank you for all your hard work, and show you that I have nothing but faith in you as my friend. I won't fight them unless they try to hurt you." Mashyuu assured Sorano. His attention then returned to the Yokai before him. The leader seemed to search his feelings for a long while then cleared his throat and spoke in his commanding tone. "You are correct Wizards. You have made my people happy, and that is why we came here in the first place. Not to harm others. It has been a long time since we have last been on Earthland and maybe we forgot a bit of ourselves when we left. Very well. I will return your people to their homes, and you and your friends may go to the portal without any resistance from us. Safe travels. But before you leave, allow us to give you a gift as a way to show you our thanks for coming to peaceful terms with us." The Yokai in the hat waved his hand and presented Sorano and Mashyuu with a special gift to each of them. While they were wrapped in a soft silk sheet it was easy to sense the power coming off of the items. "Thank you, I will cherish this and put it to good use." Mashyuu lifted the item and bowed to show his thanks.

Mashyuu walked over to Hoseki and carefully jumped up on his back then placed his hammer in the saddle on the dragon. Gently he reached out for Sorano's hand and smiled at her. "Come on, Kanix would kill me if I didn't make sure you got home safely." He hoisted her up and placed her on Hoseki's back. Once settled Hoseki gently jumped up and beat his wings, letting air carry him up into the sky, then his wings beat again, taking him higher and higher until the trio were soaring with the orange sun to their backs. "Well that was surely a different kind of adventure wasn't it? Could have gone south a few times. But together we handled it just fine.... Sorano, do you like being a Dark Wizard now? Or do you not look at it like that? Maybe you see it more as you stuck with family because it's the right thing to do? I wanted to ask Kanix but I have a feeling I know what she would say already." Mashyuu asked while Hoseki soared closer to the portal.

Hoseki touched down at the portal itself, the purple and white magic rippling through it creating soft crackling sounds. Mashyuu slipped off the Dragon's back and helped Sorano down then smiled at her. "You helped me grow a little today Sorano, thank you for that. Again if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask me. You're my friend and I'll be at your side in a moment's notice. You have my word. Be safe and I'll see you on the other side." Mashyuu waited for her to travel through the portal then gently rubbed Hoseki on the neck. Together the pair walked through the portal, returning to the Sabertooth guild hall, high above the Ace of Spades.

WC: 8455/ 8400

#####
    Post #
    Tagged

Marshy @ THQ
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 3rd October 2016, 8:39 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Nodding towards Mashyuu, Sorano would mentally prepare herself for this next encounter. The king of the yōkai, after all, would have to be this one. Immediately, she could sense the aura of combat and pride flowing from the kitsune. Mashyuu's aura suddenly switched into one of strong, focused energy. The energy that surrounded the slayer in the past when the letter mage had seen him fight. Ah... here would come the strong point of this earth mage. A grin slithered up the edge of his face, and Sorano knew that she would likely have no part in this. Her thoughts were confirmed when Mashyuu stated that he would fight the group himself, and the letter mage had little choice but to consent, really. She wasn't one to care about such things, so it wasn't like it mattered either.

Howevery, that wasn't the case with all of her... Though this part of her mind was willing to sit back and watch the real pro, another part of her churned in anger at this outright unfairness. Clenching it's jaw in a scowl, it burst out of its usual little space, far away from the front. Why couldn't she ever have any fun, huh? Fun was all there was that was needed! Wrapping over the barrier, this personality, it would well up into a completely new identity. Scowling deeply, Chika Koizumi's grumpy expression didn't last long, a huge grin exploded on her face, and she sprang up, ready to have some action and fun with these oddities. How could she possibly let a boring slayer get all the fire?

However, unfortunately— No. That wouldn't be the correct way to put it. Perhaps it was fortunate that suddenly, Chika's mind began to swim. She had never, not ever used this body before, and things were failing. Her vision clouding over, she collapsed, giving up control. Blinking her eyes open, Sorano frowned in surprise. What had just happened? She was now lying prostrate on the ground, when she had evidently been sitting moments ago. Could she have fallen asleep? No way! She was on a strange planet with a battle going on in front of her, how could she have drifted off to sleep? Blacked out? Probably. But how? How would she know? Jotting it own on a notepad, Sorano made a mental note to inspect this later. It could be something potentially huge.

However, the moment at hand had other issues to take up Sorano's attention, and that was the combat happening before her. Having easily defeated the oni, tengu, and tsuchigumo, he now faced the dangerous kitsune. Landing a blow after a bit of jumping about, the breaths of all who were about the area were held in anticipation. Then, with a spell that was often fatal to humans, the yōkai was quickly knocked out. So that was the power of an A ranked mage... A definitely healthy reminder of why Sorano didn't want to ever have to go up against the Sabertooth mage. "Impressive as always, Mashyuu," she said calmly, nodding slowly.

Now, a long pause. For a moment, time seemed to freeze, but the spell was broken with the opening of Mashyuu's mouth. Pouring out a surprisingly deep speech from the earth slayer, Sorano had to admit it was impressive. Just how much had he changed from that first job they had taken together? However, would it be enough? Such a proud creature as the kitsune, would it listen to someone it probably found brash and lacking in dignity? Was it even fully conscious? At this point, Sorano was thinking of asking the same thing Ux was. Such a happening as this could be enough for the other kitsune to make an appearance. If that occurred, there was the possibility that even Mashyuu couldnt get them out alive. So many factors to consider, but she was sure the earth slayer hadn't fully pondered the possibilities yet.

Again, the essence of Mashyuu could be heard, talking to Ux mentally. Not knowing any of what they said, only emotions radiating in response, Sorano would continue to stare stoically towards the fallen creature. Now, as their mental talk ended, the pressure of the older mage's hand was felt on her shoulder once more. Glancing up with those cold eyes, Sorano blinked quickly at the interesting things Mashyuu said. "Mm..." This reassurance helped a bit, and the letter mage knew she would have to trust in the Sabertooth mage for now. She knew he has least a fair degree of self control. It was now hat the movement of the kitsune brought her attention back to the fallen kitsune.

Clearing his throat, the man was obviously very reluctant to do what came next. Finally looking up again, keeping the hat pulled low, his response was one equally deep as Mashyuu's. It seems something very important was hoping here, hm? More than it appeared on the outside. People learned new things, and here, both mage and yōkai had learned a lesson in this negotiation. Then, of course, gifts were presented. Handing them the silken-wrapped packages, Sorano could feel the energy already flowing off from it in powerful waves. After running her magic throughout it in a scan for tricks, she accepted it with thanks. After all, she was much too practical a character to refuse. For, naturally, there were those in the world who would be much too gracious to possibly accept it.

After exchanging the proper farewell formalities, they would witness the releasing other humans, in which Sorano was disappointed in her own odd way to find that the missing one was not present. On the trip home, she would find herself questioned by Mashyuu on her new life. Carefully, she would respond, "To someone like me, there is no such thing as black and white. Everything's a shade of gray, so I do feel there is much difference in my own perception of myself. However, I see no such thing as family, either. I find it difficult to form relationships such as that without emotions, which I am perfectly fine with. So really, little has changed besides others' perception of me." Now, this was quite untrue, but it would be quite awhile before Sorano could possibly realize this so.

Bidding Mashyuu and Hoshi a proper farewell and all that, she would return home to her guild and Hoshi.
    8533o/o 8400

Notes:

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 2:54 am