Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy]

Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Hati
    Experience : 8952

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Nature spirit Invocation
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy] Empty Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy]

Post by Benjamin 21st May 2016, 10:10 pm

Job Details:

The Forgotten Desert

A massive, arid expanse of sand and a resting place for many a civilization. Needless to say, this wasn't a 'fun' place for anyone with a brain stem, being a realm of merciless natural selection. Any creature that survived here would need to be extremely tough and adaptable, putting most of the soft forest creatures of Fiore to shame. It was through this barren wasteland of sand and ruin that a rather foolish merchant had chosen to travel through in order to deliver his wares at in a shorter time, their mistake proven by the current state of his caravan. Therefore, in order to successfully brave the desert and recover their lost wares and equipment, not to mention account for casualties, this merchant decided to hire the help of a certain gray haired mage that she was acquainted with.

Dmitry Kazakov wiped the sweat from his brow as he trudged through the sands of the Forgotten Desert in search of his former/current employer's caravan, wishing she had just gone the long way around. He had warned Veronica Banfield a long time ago that the desert was no place for a shortcut and at the time she heeded his word, trusting in the advice of her guide. In truth, Dmitry hadn't gone into the desert himself when he had said those words, composing the warning from one that he had received a great deal of times from his mentor, the wolf spirit Hati. However, he did have the experience to brave the sands now, due to the eventual trip he made do to the fact that it was the most suitable place in Fiore to make contact with the elemental spirit of wind.

"Hope you learned somethin' you old bat." Dmitry called back to the blonde, who was wearing a shawl around her head and neck. In return, the spirit walker received only solemn silence, indicating he may have spoken poorly. Even more intent on getting the job over with then usual, Dmitry picked up the pace a bit, wiping more sweat from his face.

"Stupid desert.."
    Veronica (normal look):

Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy] Empty Re: Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy]

Post by Guest 22nd May 2016, 1:55 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 477   |  NOTES: ...
    Deserts were definitely hot and arid places, but for an undead being, like Marceline Anicetus, the cold and the heat didn't bother her. She could traipse that sandy world without ever being too hot or sweaty from the heat or she could trek a winter wonderland and never freeze. This was mostly due to her inability to exactly feel anything, so extreme weather, such as the Forgotten Desert's weather, didn't affect her truly. Of course, she could still sense that a place like this had the capability of sending the weakest human into a heatstroke. However, she paid no mind to that idea, simply because killing was in the black blood of her veins; death was a mere exception to it all. In fact, the visage of the place was no more terrifying to her than the castle that she resided in back in Sin. Scattered carcasses over the desert, cacti in the occasional wasteland, nothing too gruesome or out of the ordinary for her.

Still, she was here in the Forgotten Desert on a mission, but she was so far deep into the desert, that she wasn't sure where the merchant was. As she progressed through it though, she could hear voices in the distance; closer yet and she could distinctly make out a man's voice. This voice was unrecognizable to her and it made her curious, though she didn't want to get too close in fear of creating an enemy. Her name was out in the world after all; the Magic Council had her on a list of those to watch more closely. No, hardly anyone knew what she looked like, but she was certain the moment her name was spoken, they would know. Swallowing her pride though, the woman came a little closer to Dmitry and the merchant, who appeared to be great friends with him. Her eyebrows scrunched together and she bite her lip, holding her hands close to her chest and staring at the duo.

Out of character to say anything, or for that matter, confront a person, the woman spoke to Dmitry and the merchant, "hello." She stood there silently now, watching the Lamia Scale member and the gray-haired lady walking the desert. What were they doing so far out into a heated place like this? Perhaps, was she the merchant she was looking for? Marceline kept her distance from them though, not wanting to injure them with her aura or otherwise, cause destruction. But if she was too far away, they wouldn't have been able to hear her, so ultimately, they would still traipse into her aura. There was simply no way of escaping the danger that she was, whether she tried to keep herself away or not. In the end, she was an unwilling villain, who simply obeyed what her master wanted of her and that was to kill.
    credit goes to Lunar of GS & THQ
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy] Empty Re: Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy]

Post by Benjamin 22nd May 2016, 8:26 pm

Just as Dmitry was hoping they would find something before Veronica keeled over, he felt a rather unusual presence. The medium looked about, seeing if he could find the source of the spiritual disturbance, when he heard a rather hesitant voice speak up through the desert air. Spinning on his heel, he faced the newcomer with a look of suspicion and instinctive animosity, an unconscious reaction to what was most likely the source of the strange and almost sinister sensation, one that reminded him of a certain mopey mage.

"The hell are you?" He said in a rather interrogative tone, on edge despite the misleading appearance of the woman in front of him. Normally, the gray haired young man wouldn't be so hostile, not giving such a reaction unless directly threatened. But the fact that someone important to him was nearby put him into a far more protective state, especially since Veronica was rather defenseless herself. Furthermore, the remoteness of there current location made it so that if she was injured, it would take quite a while to get her medical attention or even shade to rest under. Naturally, Dmitry wasn't going to take chances.

"Hold on," Veronica piped in, breaking the wild child's line of thought. "She's the other mage I hired for this." She said as she walked towards the stranger with a bright smile, a total contrast to her previous sulking. It seemed that she was as committed to keeping a bright outlook as ever, despite the morbid nature of her task out in the desert. Dmitry raised an eyebrow at his old friend, unaware that there was to be another member of this expedition.

"Funny,"
    he said with a hint of irritation in his voice at his lack of information in this regard. "I don't remember there being anyone else on the roster..." Veronica's sweat would have been far more noticeable were it not for the heat. "Uhhhh...didn't I tell you, Mitry?" She said with an nervous smile as she used her favorite nickname for the gray-hair. "So what guild's she from?" Dmitry inquired, ignoring her attempts to act as though there was nothing wrong, an inquiry that was met with a nearly minute long silence.

"Who did you hire you old bat?" Dmitry asked, now uncertain if he wanted to hear the answer. "...She's from Savage Skull." Veronica's answer sounded both guilty for keeping this information from someone that was much like a son to her and nervousness at his reaction to this deception, both reasonable sentiments to say the least. The survivalists reaction was but to put his hand to his face, reveling in the impulsiveness of his employer. "Look, I'm no cheerleader for the council, but that guild's earned it's reputation," he said as his palm fell from his face. "Why the hell would you trust them on a job like this?"

"Because I didn't want you getting hurt because of my mistakes," she responded in a sad voice. "If that means I have to deal with the more...ruthless kind of mages, that's fine by me!" Dmitry only responded with a sigh, knowing full well Veronica wouldn't budge. Instead of trying to change her mind, the spirit user looked to the new addition to the group.

"So, you're taggin' along, huh?"

Post by Guest 25th May 2016, 9:10 am

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 972   |  NOTES: counts as three posts
    Standing the arid desert may not have bothered Marceline, but she could tell from this distance that both Dmitry and Veronica were suffering. While she was nice and cool, or so she thought because she really couldn't tell, Veronica looked near to passing out. Now, she had interrupted their walk and they would be standing there for a while, trying to converse with her. She didn't want to talk much, not at all, now that it seemed like Dmitry wasn't going to welcome her in the group. More so, it was nuisance that Veronica had to explain to him that she came from a rather dangerous guild than his. A Coming Storm was clearly not welcome around a Lamia Scale member, and especially around a dear friend of his. Clearing her throat for a second time, the woman let her gaze fall to the ground while the duo argued with each other.

"Well, it's not 'the hell am I', but rather, 'who the hell I am' if that makes a difference," the Savage Skull member answered. "My name is Marceline Anicetus and as stated by your dear friend of yours, I hail from the dark guild, Savage Skull. Before you go accusing me of things, yes, I am a killer and no, I have no intentions of slaughtering either of you." This was the extent of her explanation and if Dmitry did not like the confirmation of who she was, then he could fuck himself. "Seeing as you dear friend hired me on the job as well, you're going to be forced to endure my presence until the end. Whether that end be all of us getting out alive or just me, I don't mind either of those endings in the least bit." A smile spread across her lips, though this smile was one of mischief and hatred than anything worthy of kindness.

Her blackened eyes followed the old woman's movements as Veronica neared her and spoke to Dmitry at the same time. Fiery dots in the center of the abysses studied the merchant while she listened to her converse with the gray-haired mage. Finally, her eyes would dart back toward Dmitry, the smile never leaving her lips when she could finally get more words in. "Go ahead, hate me all you want," the woman stated in a much colder tone than when she had first arrived near them. "I have no issue with a bit of hatred between light and dark mages, it seems to be a common theme around here anyway." She'd move away from Veronica and a little closer to Dmitry, the invisible aura around her disintegrating the grains of sand into nothingness. "So, do I get to know my partner's name or are you going to keep yourself secret now that you know who I am?"

Marceline chuckled a little and started walking again, hoping that the duo would follow her along into the empty desert. She'd fold her hands beneath the red cloak that was glaringly bright through the shroud of the sandstorm around them. After while of simply walking in silence, she'd look back over her should to make sure that Dmitry and Veronica were with her. It'd be almost hurtful toward her if the two didn't want to come along with her simply because Dmitry didn't trust her. "Look, I know Savage Skull has a reputation of its own out in the world, but that's the guild, itself, not me. Yes, I do have my own reputation as well, and it's not the greatest one either, but I'm not that cruel of a person. I swear." A complete and utter lie. If she wasn't that cruel of a person, then why would she have the title of Coming Storm?

She bit her lip and bounced back toward the merchant and the Lamia Scale member, this time keeping close, despite her aura. It'd be awfully hard to communicate with them if she was fifty or so feet away and screaming wouldn't help either. The desert was an awful place to be and revealing their location by such strange means of communication would be bad. They would simply have to suffer her in decay aura until she was able to get away from them long enough to keep them safe. Marceline may be an evil wretch, but she at least had the heartfelt idea of keeping some people alive. Besides, neither of these two people had done anything wrong to her, letting them die would be an awful shame. "So, what exactly are we doing on this job? Are we looking for treasure or something? I don't quite understand the point."

To be honest, she hadn't read the roster very clearly of what the merchant was going to do in the desert exactly. She did read over that something had been lost and she wanted to retrieve it, so was that what they were doing? Despite looking like she was a rather smart human being, Marcy was far from adept in the ways of man's thinking. If something was lost, she never went looking for it, she simply sent a servant to go find it for her and that was it. Now, without her castle that she had been living in before she long since died of oxygen poisoning, she had to do things on her own. It was troublesome to her, but she was slowly getting used to having to do things on her own, for her own self. In fact, it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be to her when she had been young, or at least what she could recall of it.

"Or you know, I'm just being dumb. . . what was lost exactly is what I should be asking and why are we looking for it?" she inquired.

Last edited by Marceline Anicetus on 31st May 2016, 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benjamin 25th May 2016, 10:17 pm

Dmitry suddenly found himself irritated by two things: the idea that this woman could 'slaughter' him or his friends and the fact that he even let it bug him. In truth, the fact that Marceline was a member of the guild that aided the Priory lay waste to Clover Town was just a convenient excuse for his mistrust, a means of getting Veronica to understand that she was far too trusting. The Lamian couldn't care if this person's guild was dark, light, or even polka dot; what had him concerned was the presence of death that he could practically smell from the woman. In fact, Dmitry didn't even realize the true extent of the aura wafting around him, that the aura produced by the spiritual influence he gained from his mentor was the only thing keeping the flesh attached to his and Veronica's bones, the wolf spirit's blessing interfering with the malignant shroud.

"Look," the spirit mage said, hoping to move past his own reservations. "It ain't up to me, it's up to her. And she says..." After this, Dmitry merely gestured his hand towards the merchant, who replied by clapping her hands together with a loud "Yes!" As the woman seemed to have regained at least some of her former pep, she lunged for the dark mage with the intention of delivering one of her suffocating bear hugs.

"Nope," Dmitry stated calmly as he grabbed the woman's shawl, releasing a gagging noise as she was caught by the neck for a moment and letting loose a head full of flowing blond hair that framed a face that seemed far to young for a forty year old like her. "She ain't gonna be any use if you kill her now." At this statement, the deceptively older woman puffed up her cheeks and crossed her arms under the well endowed chest that had threatened so many lives. "My hugs haven't killed anybody!" She stated as if the thought wasn't new or even strange.

"Yeah, a real life miracle, that." Came the swift and decisive counter by the young Kazakov, having experience the terror of near asphyxiation at his employers hands before. As Marceline moved closer and asked him a question, he sighed and replied as if introductions were a hassle. "Dmitry Kazakov, I'm from Lamia Scale." He said as rolled back his right sleeve, revealing the emblem on his forearm. While Dmitry was fairly ignorant of who was among Coming Storms or what they even were, it was likely that the Marceline would have heard about one Fiore's Rising Stars, barring a similar ignorance of such things. "Veronica Banfield of Banfield Trade!" The blonde shouted with far more enthusiasm than was necessary, causing the gray-hair to pinch the bridge of his nose; he never could get her to keep quiet. However, Veronica soon toned down a bit, preparing to explain the purpose of the expedition. "Actually, a week ago, I sent a caravan to test out a route through the dessert, hoping we could get an edge on the competition and maybe even find some treasure along the way." Her face grew a bit darker as she continued. "But it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. The caravan...never made it's destination. We're fairly certain the people in it are..." Veronica couldn't bring herself to finish that statement, but pulled herself together and looked Marceline in the eyes.

"I can't leave them out there like this. We find the caravan and...account for losses." She stated as she finished the briefing. With that, she continued onward, Dmitry trailing close behind.

Post by Guest 31st May 2016, 6:15 am

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 928   |  NOTES: counts as three posts
    Death followed Marceline wherever she went and not just because he was her master, but because of her magic as well. Her magic was a killing machine on its own, slaughtering things left and right that weren't all too powerful to her. Things like little children or weak, old people, animals, such as rabbits and squirrels or foxes and felines. Many things were not able to survive the devastating effect of her aura, but those stronger were able to. As such, that was why Dmitry and Veronica were able to withstand her aura as best as they could, or so she thought. It was more that Dmitry's magic was preventing such a decay process happening to them, which she didn't mind. They were her job partners, so she didn't much care if either of them lived through the job or died trying to survive.

As a Coming Storm, it was in her rightful mind that anyone who was able to die, would die, no matter what it was. She would find a way to slaughter them both if she had to, but for right now, she would play nice and be their "friend." Well, maybe not so much a friend rather than an acquaintance, who seemingly came along simply for the joyride. Veronica must have seen something in her, though Marceline hadn't had the urge to do any sort of work. Perhaps, she had been told to come along simply as a bodyguard, in which case, she was a bit angry over that. However, the thought of it didn't cross her mind, for as it did, she was quickly distracted by Dmitry and Veronica again. Dmitry first had spoken, followed up by a quick reply from Veronica and sharp movement toward the dark mage.

"I have nothing against coming along," Marceline stated as she dodged the woman's attempt at giving her a bear hug. "But keep your little pet at bay, Dmitry; I would much rather not touch her in case she becomes infected with my magic. The last thing I want to do right now is anger you on a job, when really, I just want to get this over with, so I can go back to my darkly deeds." Her reddened eyes glanced from the middle-aged woman to the gray-haired magus behind her, then back to the woman. On top of that, I don't want to kill her off in fear that hurting Veronica would cause you to attack me Marcy thought to herself. She focused back on the situation at hand, noticing how Veronica had now been held back by the legal mage's hand. Scrunching her eyebrows together, Marceline watched as Dmitry explained that Veronica shouldn't kill her yet.

"Well, if you aren't too careful, your bear hugs will eventually kill someone," the woman stated in a matter-of-factual tone. "Not saying you'll instantly have to go dark mage, I doubt your bear hugs are imbued with magical power to kill anyway. However, you should precaution yourself, I'd hate for someone to accidentally be killed by your burly, deathly hugs." She was rambling on now, mostly to tease the old woman, but turned away from Veronica to look at Dmitry. "I apologize you have to deal with this; to be honest, I would have dumped her off a long time ago after she got annoying." This was to say if Veronica had hugged her, as Marceline wasn't too fond of physical touch toward herself. Marcy was more of the forceful type, doing everything herself because she liked to see the fear in their eyes before she took them.

"If you knew the desert was a bad place to travel, or at least were told as such, why would you go against those words? The caravan could be anywhere out here and not to mention, but there are some large-ass bugs roaming around here. From what I heard, there's even whales and basilisks roaming around, too, but that might just be part of the fable." Marceline would shrug at this point, as if saying that her words would mean nothing until they were proven true. "Hm. . . I'm certain, if they were dead, Death would have told me to go clean up the mess, so nothing was-" She cut her sentence off as a though struck her mind, for perhaps that was the true reason she was on this mission. She was not along to keep them company or to keep them safe, she was on this mission because Death told her to.

Just the clean-up crew, that was all she was, and thinking about that did anger her to an extent over the matter.

"Anyway! Let's get this show on the road, so we aren't dying from the heat of the desert for so long," Marcy stated. With that being said, she bounced away, taking the lead deeper into the desert and looking for their destination. "Did you have a set route for the caravan, or are we simply going to roam the entire desert until we find them?" Considering the sandstorms that existed here, it would be more than likely that they had to search the entire desert. If a sandstorm had kicked up during the travel route, the caravan may have gone off course and farther into the desert. Having that in mind, the sand would have drifted over the tracks of the carriage by now, making their search even more difficult. Should they not be able to find the missing men and the caravan, what would happen to them in this desert?
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benjamin 2nd June 2016, 8:15 pm

Dmitry was surveying the area when he for most of Marceline's rambling, but managed to catch the part about how annoying Veronica could be. Most people might be offended when the person that was much like a mother to them was insulted; the gray-hair was not most people.

"Tell me me about it..." Dmitry said plainly, in a manner that made it seem as though the two wizards were referring to a small child that needed to be looked after. Such an insinuation might not be all that surprising to someone who wasn't made aware of her age and appearance, considering the immature behavior she always seemed to exhibit despite her position.

"Hey! You're supposed to stick up for me when people say stuff like that!" The merchant pouted, displaying the same behavior she was being mocked for. "Well, I can't exactly tell them they're wrong if you go and prove them right, now can I?" After that, Veronica simply pouted as they ventured onward. Eventually Marceline bit into the heart of the issue with this journey, the simple fact that travelling through this area was a bad idea. At that, the blonde simply lowered her head, not all that able to defend herself. "Alright, that's enough." Dmitry said, interjecting on the sulking woman's behalf. "But she does have one point: how are we gonna find the caravan?" Veronica simply nodded and pulled out a map, pointing out a highlighted area.

"They were trying to map out a brand new route, but this is the area that seemed best, based on the information we had. I also had them attach a device to the wagon in case they were...lost." She said, sorrow evident in her voice as she pulled out a small lacrima. "This will begin to resonate when we're close to the caravan, so all we have to do is keep following the projected path they intended to use."

(OOC: Sorry if the post was a bit short.)

Benjamin carried out 2 launched of one Monster Dice :
    Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy] R2fEWNz , Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy] R2fEWNz

Post by Guest 3rd June 2016, 12:23 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 674   |  NOTES: counts as two posts
    Marceline wasn't quite aware that she had insulted the mother figure of Dmitry Kazakov, as he responded to the joke relatively positively. He seemingly agreed with her that Veronica could be annoying, which meant it wasn't just on this job that she was. Her personality in general screamed that she was too giddy of a person and would quickly make friends with everyone if possible. Quite the nuisance, but she would have to tolerate the attitude for just a little while longer, until they came across the caravan. However, at the rate they were going, she was still fearful that it would take more than a day to find the missing cart. If they went through the desert on their own with no real destination, other than to create a trade route, it wasn't going to be easy. Marcy glanced between Veronica and Dmitry, noticing how the middle-aged woman had quickly reacted to his response to her.

A smile, despite being a vicious, murdering being on Earthland, traced across her lips at the two of them conversing. It seemed to her that Veronica had taken on a rather childlike complexion to her personality when speaking to Dmitry. On the other hand, he had retorted with the simple answer that if she continued, he couldn't prove her right. That all ended with a pout from Veronica and her head lowering when she had finally heard what else she had to say. Respectively, the dark mage did keep herself quiet afterward, allowing for Dmitry to bring the question back around. There was no true way of being able to find the caravan and on top of that, the two of them didn't know what it looked like. A caravan was a caravan, but if the desert was dangerous enough, it could have been split and broken apart.

So, it appeared that they would be able to find the caravan by means of a locating lacrima, Marceline nodded at this. "Keep that with you, don't lose it; if we lose it, then we definitely will be wandering the desert for a long time," she stated. With that being said, the woman spun on her heels again and walked along the desert sands, staring calmly at the ground. While she walked, however, she began to notice little movements underneath it, that eventually turned into larger ones. She didn't know what was causing it, but she had a feeling that they were about to come in for a big surprise. Marcy didn't pay much mind to it though, rather she continued walking and trying to ignore the movements of the sand. It was likely just the desert, itself, as she knew sand tended to move on its own for the hell of it because. . . it was sand.

However, the longer she walked, the more she began to notice that the sand moving around actually seemed to have a pattern. Before long, a scorpion had risen up from the underneath the sand, grains falling off it as it snapped its pincers and stabbed its tail at them. This scorpion was followed by a rattle snake, in which Marcy merely tilted her head at them and crouched down. Instinctively, she reached forward, first grabbing the rattle snake by the back of its head, then the scorpion underneath the tip of its tail. Since she had been wearing the gloves she had found not too long ago, the legendary Widowed Mother's Embrace, both insects were instantly killed. She held them up in her hands and turned to face Dmitry and Veronica, then she got a wicked look on her face as her gaze went to the old woman. "You want some pets," she inquired, wiggling the snake and scorpion bodies toward the merchant rather meanly.

They weren't the only ones, however, as two more rattle snakes appeared, along with two more scorpions with it. She could sit there and kill them all off with a single touch if she really wanted to, but that didn't seem like fun to her.
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benjamin 4th June 2016, 11:52 pm

For a moment, after Veronica had revealed the locator and Marceline warned her not to lose it, the three moved along the trail that was to be set out by the caravan, hoping to get a ping rather soon. However, as they walked, something began to move about in the sand, several somethings in fact. It was obvious that they were nothing to be overly concerned with, likely part of the natural ecosystem in this dessert. This was confirmed when two of those somethings, a rattle snake and a scorpion, dug their way out of the ground. Soon after, they were picked up and immediately killed by some kind of magic in Marceline's gloves, something that would have set off alarm bells for most legal mages. However, if Dmitry hadn't cared about her status as a dark mage before, he certainly would care about it now. After all, he already knew someone with a far more sinister power than hers, even if the gray-hair had yet to see the full scale of it's lethality.

As these thoughts were crossing his mind, the spirit wizard noticed another set of animals rumbling through the sand, one of which was rather close to him. Carefully, he knelt down just until he was in arms-reach of the shape in the ground and with deadly precision, reached down and snatched the neck of a rattlesnake out of the sand. The mage then reached down to his right boot with his free, left hand and drew his knife so that he could cut the snakes neck open. As he was doing this, two more scorpions and another snake emerged from ground between him and Veronica, the snake snatching up one of the scorpions and attempting to devour it. Before the reptile could swallow the arachnid, Dmitry placed his boot directly on the animal's neck, holding it in place as he cut it's neck as well. While Marceline was making her comment on the dessert dwellers, Dmitry sheathed his knife and pulled a small, burlap sack from his coat before placing the two snakes he killed inside.

"I don't know about pets, but they do make good eats." He said with glee, causing veronica to turn a bit pale at the thought. As she did so, she didn't notice the scorpion walking by her foot, which is why she was startled when Dmitry suddenly knelt down and grabbed the little predator by it's tail before flinging it off into the dessert to burrow away again.

Post by Guest 7th June 2016, 10:52 am

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 458   |  NOTES: ...
    She would toss the dead scorpion and rattlesnake at Dmitry, turning around to see that many more of the snakes and scorpions came around. Not that many, actually, rather two more of the rattlesnakes and two more of the scorpions, even with a tarantula as well. Marceline didn't much care for the tarantula, and it seemed that Dmitry was taking care of the other snakes and scorpions. Veronica, on the other hand, would cringe away from the creatures as Dmitry chopped the heads off the snakes and tips of the scorpions' tails. Marcy merely watched him as he skinned them, then stuffed them into the bag that he had with him. Apparently, they were good eats, but she had never tried snake meat before and never ate a scorpion either. In fact, the idea of eating a bug repulsed her a little bit and that was coming from someone who control said things.

Were scorpions even considered insects or were they their own species of weird creatures found on Earthland? Whatever they were, she was sure Dmitry would find a good way to cook them up and make them edible. For now, she would focus on finding the caravan that they were tasked in looking for out in this endless desert. "I don't know about you, but eating scorpion doesn't sound all that good to me," she stated as a few of the Palluhae appeared, floating around her. They would move toward the dead bodies of the creatures, though they were trapped inside of the bag now. The Palluhae bumped their heads lightly against the bag, as if wanting to get the souls out of there, but eventually gave up. Returning to Marceline, the soul collectors lazily floated around her before they faded away and weren't seen again, but still there.

With food now packed away, whether she liked the idea of eating snake and scorpion or not, Marceline continued along the route. The sandstorm, that was beginning to kick up again, made it worse for her to look through the sharp grains of sand to find the caravan. However, the longer they descended the route, the closer they came to something that she was certain was part of the van's cargo. At best, it was shiny and enticed the dark mage to go toward it, out of pure dark mage instinct to take and keep. What she came upon was a simple carton, some shiny things inside, like jewels and various pieces of jewelry. She stared at it for a bit, then looked back to Dmitry and Veronica to see what they would say about the find. However, she eventually looked back and stuck her hand deep into the carton, pulling out a few of its items.

Last edited by Marceline Anicetus on 7th June 2016, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 7th June 2016, 10:52 am

The member 'Marceline Anicetus' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy] Die_06_42164_sm
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benjamin 10th June 2016, 12:33 pm

As Marceline tossed her victims over to him, Dmitry moved out of the way of the scorpion while catching the snake in rather swift fashion.

"To hell with the little stingy pricks," he said as he beheaded the snake he just received before placing it in the sack with the others. "But snake's a good meal." Veronica at this point looked like she might vomit any second now, but the blonde managed to push the contents of her stomach back down and avoid any regurgitation.

As their journey progressed, Dmitry looked around at the massive expanse of sandy wasteland. Now that he had thought about it, he had actually journeyed out here twice before. Not only had he come out here to form a spiritual bond with the first elemental spirit he had come across, but he had also made the trip to complete a job with his guild made and friend, Kateri. Of course, the thought of his old companion caused the medium's mind to wander a bit, worried over the girl who had been a bit like a niece to him. Not long after the battle against a massive ocean beast at Hargeon, she had disappeared from the guild hall entirely, leaving little trace of herself behind. However, the Dmitry wasn't worried about the girl taking care of herself, he knew full well she was more than capable. It was the fact that he knew full well who she was traveling with, a man he was finding himself ever more confused about.

The spirit wizard sighed, realizing the futility of these thoughts. It was around this point that he noticed the other mage in this group rummaging through something in the sand, something that appeared to be a likely part of the caravan's cargo. Dmtiry looked to Veronica to see if this would be a problem, receiving a head shake as his answer.

"That was part of the deal," she said rather solemnly. "She helps us account for the crew and she get's to take some of the cargo. It's not like I can carry it all back, so you should take some too Mitry." With this, she put on a fake smile. Dmitry looked to the cargo and then back to Veronica, shaking his head in return.

"I don't need to get paid on this one."
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Magic:
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by NPC 10th June 2016, 12:33 pm

The member 'Dmitry' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy] WeakMonster Sand, Sun, and more Sand [Private: Dmitry/Marshy] NormalMonster

Post by Guest 20th June 2016, 3:25 pm

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 468   |  NOTES: ...
    Marceline chuckled as she watched Dmitry avoid the scorpion like it was the Plague, only turning away when he caught the snake. "They're only harmful if your body can't handle poisons," the woman stated in a matter-of-factual tone. Her body, as clay-made as it was, had a higher resistance to poisons and things that would affect the natural human body. With a stronger immune system than most, she didn't have to face the fatal thought of digesting the poison of a scorpion. It was entirely up to Dmitry, however, as she technically didn't even need to eat human food to sustain herself. "Eat what you will though, it's not like I need to sustain myself on your strange food creations and other humanly things. Just hand over one of your souls and that's all I need to keep going." She wasn't necessarily joking, but at the same time, she was.

She pulled out a strange looking item from the treasure chest, holding it up to the sky and eyeing it with curiosity. "I'm taking this," she stated abruptly, stuffing what looked to be hand fans into the pouch at her waist she always carried around. "Hey, I know the deals of the trade; I'll only take what's allowed and I'll graciously help you with this stupid job. I'm not here to make friends after all, I'm here for the exact same reason you are, Mitry." She mocked the woman a little and continued walking. For the most part, the few snakes and scorpions they had run across was not that bothersome to her. However, she had a feeling that the job wouldn't be this easy as it was turning about to be; surely, something would happen? It would be a damn miracle in her opinion if they managed to get through the desert without too much of a hassle.

Marceline stopped in the middle of her walking and stared ahead of herself, at the large beast that was prowling in front of them. She swallowed down a lump in her throat and looked around, certain she had to be mistaken in seeing this creature. Perhaps, she had been bitten by one of those rattlesnakes and its venom was affecting her. . . no, that couldn't be possible. A body made of clay doesn't react to poison like how many people would think it does. It acts entirely different. Her gaze hardened as she stared at the large snake, biting her lip and raising a hand to point it straight at the beast. Flicking her wrist, she sent a blade of death energy spiraling toward the snake, resulting in the blade slicing through its near impenetrable skin.

"How about we play a little game of cat and mouse?" the woman called out, her eyes never once leaving the demibasilisk.
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benjamin 21st June 2016, 9:00 pm

"You and me ain't here for the same reason, sunshine." Dmitry said curtly, having come here to aid a friend as opposed to receiving a reward. That being said, it wasn't like he made a habit of doing free work, excluding the situations he's gotten himself into in order to remove a threat to his guild. In actual truth, he couldn't blame Marceline for coming out here just to receive the reward promised, not really caring much about her status as a mage. However, for whatever reason, the idea that he had come to this particular request simply for money was oddly irritating to him, not that he was likely to understand why in the near future.

As he was pondering this strange feeling, he could see something moving in the distance, causing him to stop and take a closer look. However, before he could make out the creatures species, Dmitry felt a tremor in the ground beneath him and leaped back as a massive scorpion crawled out of the ground in front of him. Crouching down and sliding a bit with his landing, the mage stood and flung the knife that was still in his hand after skinning the snakes from earlier, impaling the massive arachnid in one of it's many eyes. As the creature squealed and thrashed about, Dmitry held his hand out beside him, forming a silver magic circle and drawing on a smoke-like aura.

"I invoke the Swift Hawk:" He said as his pupils began to glow the same color as the circle in front of his hand, his irises becoming pitch black. "...Vedfolnir!" At the sound of it's name, a bird of prey formed of the aforementioned aura flew forth and into the sky, disappearing for a moment before homing down onto the scorpion like a shot from a rifle. The bullet-like attack tore through the majority of the creature's stinger, leaving it hanging by a small piece of tissue. Seeing an opportunity to finish this fight, Dmitry sprinted forth, jumped into the air, and landed foot first on the knife grip, plunging the blade into the brain.

Post by Guest 23rd June 2016, 11:38 am

I HAVE BECOME DEATH
    the destroyer of worlds
    TAGGED: ...   |   WORDS: 456   |  NOTES: ...
    Marceline rolled her eyes when Dmitry answered her, stating very clearly that they were not here for the same reasons. She honestly did not care what he was here for, whether it was for the rewards or for the experience of helping a friend. As she cared, neither of the with her were considerable friends, just nuisances that she had to tolerate for the time being. Once this job was over, she'd be Scott free and could do whatever the fuck she wanted to do without their nosy asses. Besides, Dmitry was being rather nice to her, so she was going to try and tolerate their existence for now. Never answering the mage back, she was fully focused on the demibasilisk standing in front of her, gaze frightening. The mage merely rolled her eyes at the beast, quite happy that no matter what it tried to do, its stare did not work on her.

While Dmitry had suddenly become busy with a giant scorpion, the young woman would raise a hand and curl her fingers into a semi-fist. Small voids or portal-like creations would summon up around the demibasilisk and pools of rats would rise up from them. These rats would lay claim to the monstrosity by climbing onto its body and sinking their sharp teeth into its hide. The creature would yowl out in pain, resulting in Marcy flicking her wrist that sent a large blade of death energy at the creature. This blade sent the creature skidding back a few meters from the impact of the blast, but otherwise did not render it useless. In retaliation to her attack, the demibasilisk would launch itself at her; however, Marceline was faster and impaled it with a dagger. She smirked and yanked the death energy blade out from the hide of the creature and tossed the creature aside.

Its body would quickly decay from the effects of Marcy's magic, resulting in just the bones of the creature left behind. She would pick them up, herself, and look the bones over, as if analyzing them to make sure they were impeccable. Afterward, she would crumble the bones to dust with her magic and store them into a small pouch at her side. This little pouch seemingly never lost room, storing an infinite amount of ash and bone dust that allowed for her to travel. Her gaze shifted toward Dmitry as he finished off his assailant, and she'd shoot a ball of her magic at the dead creature. Just like the demibasilisk, the scorpion's body quickly withered at the sudden burst of decay washing over it. Before long, not even bones were left of the creature in the sand, leaving the world as if the battles never happened.
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Benjamin 24th June 2016, 1:16 pm

Sand was launched into the air as Dmitry landed back on the ground, having been somewhat propelled by his own kick. It's brain thoroughly impaled by Dark Fang, the scorpion fell to the ground and twitched a few times before becoming completely still. When he was certain it was dead, the spirit wielder walked over to the massive husk and knelt down by it's face, grabbing hold of the portion of his knife's grip that was protruding from the beasts eye. Wiggling it a little bit so as to loosen it, Dmitry pulled hard on the weapon until the eye socket eventually released it's grasp. After flicking it a few times to remove some of the gore, he gave the blade a quick wipe on his pants and placed back in it's scabbard.

Upon standing to his feet, the Lamia Scale wizard noticed that the other creature to attack them was no more, apparently done away with by the dark wizard of the group. Just as Dmitry was about to comment on the way she handled herself, Veronica's Lacrima started to pulse, a sign that they were near their destination. Sure enough, it wasn't long before the group came upon a half buried wagon, seemingly abandoned. Naturally, the blonde merchant's expression sunk even further, not sure what exactly she was expecting. However, just as they were about to leave, Dmitry heard movement and became still. A few seconds later, a man came crawling out of a dug out portion of the carriage.

"...B-boss?...Is that really you?" he said meekly. Veronica's only response was to embrace the man as if he were a son, tears in her eyes. That was simply the way she was. The head of Banfield Trade had always treated her employees as if they were family, no matter their position. Despite the amount of times that he had chastised her for this behavior, Dmitry let out a small smile, a little happy that this wasn't a wasted trip.

Current date/time is 29th March 2024, 12:42 am