Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Mashyuu and Kanix in: The Balance Core!

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth God Slayer
    Second Skill: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Mashyuu and Kanix in: The Balance Core! Empty Mashyuu and Kanix in: The Balance Core!

Post by redheadedstepchild 14th April 2016, 10:10 am

Job Details:

Large earthen toned stone wings fluttered, catching air and the draft of wind, keeping Rocky and Mashyuu in the air. The Wizard tapped his fore head, trying to figure out what the hell he was doing on this silly island again. The last time he showed up, he and Kanix had been looking for the One Piece. A swim suit of all things... They actually gave it to Captain Buggy. "I wonder how that crazy Pirate is doing?" Mashyuu mused to himself while Rocky passed over the island and curved around it. Rocky got low, ocean spray shot up around Mashyuu and Rocky in a split wave, tickling the Wizards face.

With a loud howl, the Gargoyle carrying Mashyuu threw itself up high into the air with a corkscrew and paused, eclipsing the sun to it's back. The pair soared down towards a small settlements of houses that only had a single story each. The duo landed among the cluster of small, white painted buildings, dust shooting up with the landing the pair made. The Slayer dropped to a knee and took in the fresh air.

"...What a flight, Rocky you're getting really good at this flying thing." Mashyuu complimented the Stone Guardian. The creature howled with happiness. The sharp howl caused four doors to swing open wide. A group of men in white lab coats with dark, thick rimmed glasses came running out of the buildings. "WHO ARE YOU!?" One of the men shouted. His dark red hair frazzled about his head like he wore a constant look of panic.

Mashyuu glanced at the men, his hands forming fists for just a moment while he considered what was happening. Clearly the Wizard had startled the men during their work. Mashyuu half raised his hands and gave them a disarming smile. "Sorry... I. Hmmm. I'm Mashyuu, I'm taking the job asking for a Wizard who isn't some low class cheap trick caster. This is Rocky, the one that made that sound. He's going to be helping me on the job. If your all still looking that is." Mashyuu explained. The four men all looked at each other in turn then the man with red hair replied happily. "No, we are! Please come with me and I'll explain the job."

WC: 383 of 12,000

Last edited by Mashyuu on 23rd April 2016, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Mashyuu and Kanix in: The Balance Core! Empty Re: Mashyuu and Kanix in: The Balance Core!

Post by redheadedstepchild 18th April 2016, 11:37 pm

Mashyuu followed the scientist into a small lab as the man explained to the Slayer. "So we have been scanning the isle and finding pockets of massive magical energy. Towards the center of the Island is a path that leads through a thick forest. The last man to go through reported not being able to fly or burrow under ground to get off the path. He never came back. But there is some sort of massive magic at the center of the isle and we would like for you to get to the center and report on the magical power. See what it is and if it can be moved. It could be something we could harness to better the world." The man with insane looking hair explained. Mashyuu glanced down at Rocky, not really sure if he believed that one part of an island was so dense in magic that Wizards could neither fly or burrow. Or that this path would stop anyone from leaving. Rocky gave Mashyuu the same look and the two cracked a wide grin. "Alright Were in." Mashyuu replied...

Together the men walked towards the center of the island and the scientist pointed at a long stone walkway where it dove into a massive forest that went on for as long as the pair could see. Ux, the ring on Mashyuu's finger pulsed for a moment, letting Mashyuu know it wanted to speak with him when they were away from the man in white. "Alright, if I come back out I'll let you know what I find. Just don't wait here for me in case something goes wrong. I'll be back in a day or so... I hope." Mashyuu said and started off towards the path.

There are powerful forces here. Older than most things in the world. You shouldn't tell that man what you find but this will be a true test of your skills. You will see how you stack up with real terror in the world. I prey that you are ready Mashyuu.

Word total: 722 of 12,000
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Mashyuu and Kanix in: The Balance Core! Empty Re: Mashyuu and Kanix in: The Balance Core!

Post by redheadedstepchild 20th April 2016, 8:53 pm

Mashyuu started to chuckle at Ux as it warned him that the path he was on would be a major test and that the Slayer might not be ready for what he was about to face. "Oh yeah? Were you here thousands of years ago, eating the people who lived here?" Mashyuu asked. The ring vibrated for a moment and Ux responded. The last time I was here, the people revered me as a god. And I protected them for a time. Until they were able to build defenses of their own. Then I left... Ux revealed, causing Mashyuu to stop in his tracks and look at the ring on his hand. His blue eyes quaked for a moment. "Wait... Then why don't you tell me what I'm about to face?" Mashyuu asked before his foot pressed to the stone path. Like I said, this is going to be a test. You must be prepared for whatever now resides here. But if something else is here I will do my best to help you. Now proceed. Mashyuu snarled at the ring and looked down at Rocky before walking down the path.

Instantly he felt the path hold true to Mashyuu's legs. He lifted them up and felt a force pulling on him. With a little effort he was able to jump into the air but the ground pulled Mashyuu back down faster than he imagined. The Wizard swallowed hard and smirked down at Rocky. "You can't fly here so we are going to have a slight disadvantage here." Mashyuu stated. The pair walked down the forest surrounded path, his feet echoing with every step he took until he rounded a corner and saw a totem pole in the center of a large platform. Mashyuu looked at it for a moment as the top of it twisted around. A bird of stone looked at him and kawed out and from it's eyes a blast of pure arcane energy launched out at Mashyuu. The Slayer lifted his hand casually and caused four pillars to come up in front of him. Three of them came up to block the blast while the fourth came up under the totem pole and toppled it with little effort. The totem pole hit the ground and shattered in a single motion. "This is the worst that these guys could muster?"

Word total: 1122 of 12,000

Post by Guest 24th April 2016, 7:09 pm

CALL OF THEWILD
    Mashyuu and Kanix in: The Balance Core! 9d517609989d9ca3f81c66ad8bc602ff
    Thunder rumbled in the distance, clouds bundling to the south of Mashyuu, with strikes of lightning flashing occasionally. The clouds darkened as they gathered closer together, resulting in the sun being blocked out and rain to start pouring. As the clouds drew closer, the sound of thunder rumbling grew louder and more deafening, until it was naught, but upon Mashyuu and Rocky. Lightning struck with vigor to the ground below, though a closer look to these lightning strikes and they looked more like snakes. Only one creature in the world had such a strange lightning attack and that was Ancalagon the Black, Thunderbird of Fairy Tail. What was he doing out this far from Fiore? Was his rider with him or had she happened to be left behind at Fairy Tail? His massive body, larger than the gargoyle's, rose from the horizon, lightning following the tips of his wings' feathers.

It became apparent that the thunderous booming was that of the bird's wings beating to keep him afloat in the sky. He tilted his body to the left a bit, which revealed the small, stout, and muscular form of his wizard owner, Kanix Laspor. His form weaved closer to the island, taking the same curve toward its backside like Rocky had with Mashyuu. A final beat of his wings and Ancalagon would fold them into to his body, letting his owner and himself spiral downward. Swirling air formed around them from how fast they had been plummeting and twirling, up until Ancalagon threw out his wings again. Their decent slowed down to his normal pace and he would come in for a final swoop and land next to the laboratory. Kanix let go of the feathers on his neck and patted his side gently before sliding down and landing heavily on the ground.

The scientist had already come running out of the laboratory again when they had first heard the sound of thunder. They now stared wide-eyed at the dragon-sized Thunderbird before them, in awe at the magnificence of the beast. Kanix snapped her fingers to gain the attention of the men and women standing in the cluster, staring at her pet. "Do any of you know where Mashyuu went to?" she ordered, her sightless eye glaring back at the squad of scientists. One looked away from her pet and was taken aback by the injury on her face, the burn scars and the missing eye. She watched him out of them all, noting the bedhead, red hair that was on his head, how it looked like he was frantic and worried all the time. All the others were unimportant, though Ancalagon was busy looking at them and disturbing how she saw the redhead.

"Ancalagon, knock it off!" Kanix yelled at the bird, reaching a hand over and smacking his side with the back of it. He squawked at her and drool went flying onto her, which she simply wiped off and pointed at the redhead scientist for Ancalagon to look at.

"He went off down that path over there," the man answered her question finally, pointing toward the path just beyond them.

"Thank you," she stated, tapping her pet on the side again to get him moving toward the place they had been directed.

"Careful though! That path has a strong gravitational pull on it, nothing can fly and nothing can burrow into the ground. Your bird won't be of much use in there and you should watch out in case any creatures come after you in there!" the scientist called to her.

"I'll be fine!" she threw back in reply, heading down the path and deeper into the forest that Ancalagon saw for her. The scientist was correct, however, she could feel the gravitational pull on her legs and a surge of magical power all around her. Her pet seemingly felt it as well, cawing and shaking his head, nuzzling his beak occasionally under his wing. "Sh, Ancalagon, it's just the magic in this place." Kanix reached a hand out and placed it on the fuzzy side of her bird. "Mashyuu?" the woman called out for her friend, her bird's eyes darting around to look for him as well, letting her scope the surroundings.

706tagged

Last edited by Kanix Laspor on 3rd May 2016, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 26th April 2016, 9:54 am

The totem fell to the ground in a loud crash while Mashyuu and Rocky looked on proudly. "That all these guys could muster?" As far as Mashyuu was concerned this place was going to be a cake walk. If someone couldn't cut it here it was because they were new to the Magic usage game or so out of practice that really they shouldn't have come here to behind with. Mashyuu glanced over at Rocky and gave the Gargoyle a wink while rolling his shoulders and shifting the jacket on his body to a more comfortable position. "Alright lets keep.... Do you hear that?"

Mashyuu could hear the sound of something quaking the ground and getting closer until it suddenly stopped. His nose flared up and he swore he knew the scent that was getting stronger. Mashyuu started off towards the scent that was behind him until he heard the familiar voice of Kanix calling out to him.

With a renewed sense of urgency Mashyuu rushed to where the path started. "Kanix!" He shouted and waved at the woman atop the beast. The Slayer was always happy to see the woman who he hadmore feelings for than maybe anyone else. "Hey! What are you doing here?...." The Slayers voice wavered as his sharp blue eyes scanned her features carefully. She was missing an eye, and clearly suffering from a burn. "Kainx.... Who hurt you? Or what?" He asked while choking back a clear tone of anger.

WC: 1373 of 6,000

Post by Guest 3rd May 2016, 1:11 pm

Holy fire burns again
    the magic circle is all around it, burning like the innocence of love

Kanix stood proudly next to her pet and she traveled along the path, eyeing the totem creatures she passed by. They didn't dare make a move toward her though, as if they didn't want to be touched by her magic with its holiness. A grin was spread across her lips, revealing brilliant, white teeth, but the motion soon dispersed as she heard Mashyuu call out her name. Beforehand, a loud thump could have been heard as one of the totem creatures collapsed to the ground in defeat. She was not aware of this, and fearful, the woman started racing toward the sound, trailed by her pet thunderbird. Her heart was racing and she soon skidded to a halt in anger, when she spotted Mashyuu with a defeated totem beast. Crossing her arms over her chest, the native woman tilted her head a little and looked at her partner with curiosity.

"I heard that you had come out here on your own to handle this dangerous job," the woman began when Mashyuu had greeted her. "As much as I know you think you're strong, I don't trust this island enough to simply let you do this on your own. So, I decided to take up the job and help you out with it, since it's the least I can do with how our. . . uh. . . previous job went." The woman felt mildly bad that she was more of a hindrance on the former job than anything when she had been pregnant. She had still fought, but it was a lot more difficult with a large stomach in her way and another life to defend. Not saying that she didn't have to defend Mashyuu as well, but her life had been far more valuable at the time. "Hopefully, you don't mind me accompanying you on this job; I know that you have a liking toward me with doing jobs."

Her giddy attitude had quickly shifted when her partner noticed the missing eye, the one that had been taken from her. A frown appeared on her face and she looked away from the Sabertooth mage, not really wanting to answer him. It hurt to remember the event, the way Sol had so heartlessly threatened to rip her child from her and now where were they? Ahote was missing and she knew exactly where the boy was; it was only a matter of time before they killed her dearest son. She bit her lip and fought back the tears over the thought of her missing child and being unable to get to him. Getting to Basilisk Fang headquarters would be near impossible for her with Sol still around, not to mention that her head was wanted. Clearing her throat, she was eventually able to look back at Mashyuu with a much more stern and cold look.

"Sol took it from me after he had threatened to cut Ahote out of me and experiment on him," she stated in a hard tone of voice. Venom seemingly dripped from her words and a dark aura had placed itself around her as a means of wickedness.

@Mashyuu , 1228 words total , notes
    credit to nat of adoxography.
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 3rd May 2016, 8:31 pm

How had she known that he went on the job alone? Who on earth told Kanix that? Not that he was complaining... He was always happy to have her on a job with him and even more happy to just get to spend time with her. Mashyuu blushed a bit, thinking it was sweet of her to show so much concern about his safety. Soon enough his face twisted in a slight confused and annoyed way. "...Think I'm strong? Come on Kanix, I'm strong and you know it. I'm really good with my magic and I know how to handle myself in a fist fight. You have seen me fight more than most of my guild mates. Hell a month ago I helped take down a Dragon at the Sabertooth Guild hall. And I fought and helped beat another one just after that!" Mashyuu responded. A little hurt that she would think that he needed help because he wasn't strong enough to face whatever lied ahead.

Still his expression softened as he asked his question about her eye but his fingers dug into the leather encasing his palm when Kanix explained what happened to her eye and child. So much so that his partially clawed fingers drew blood from his palm after ripping into the leather. "Sol... Never met him. But I'm going to rip his throat out and hang him with it. As soon as this job's over I'm going to get your son! And where the hell was the good for nothing father? Ughhh I'll.... Kanix. I promise I'll be there to help save your son. Nothing is going to stand in my way." Mashyuu took her hand gently and kissed the back of it. Even if she didn't share the same feelings that Mashyuu held for her, he was more than willing to do whatever it took to help her and bring a real smile to her face.

Mashyuu looked over at the giant thunder bird and he narrowed his eyes. "Is that bird of yours going to be able to get along on this path? It can't fly ya know... Eh it doesn't matter. Come on." Mashyuu motioned for Kanix and her massive pet to follow and if she were a man he would say something for overcompensating but he kept his mouth shut. Instead he simply walked past the broken totems and hung a left on the path. Over head a flock of thirty or so birds flew high over head. "How are those things flying?.... They aren't real!" Mashyuu pointed out as thirty stone birds came down at the group to attack!

WC: 443
    Mashyuu total words: 1816

Post by Guest 15th May 2016, 10:21 am

Holy fire burns again

"Oh, I believe you are strong, Mashyuu, but I am more terrified of what lies ahead on this path that you're taking," the woman answered him. The magic power emitting from the center of the island was quite powerful even to her: she was scared of it. Of course, she would not let that fear show through to Mashyuu, she did not want him to see that she could be frightened. "No matter how strong you believe yourself to be, my dear, something out there is always stronger than you. It is not that I do not think you are strong, for you are, but it is the thought of losing you that deters me from letting you go alone. While you may not have faith in my feelings toward you, I do hold you near and dear to my heart, Mashyuu." Kanix gave him a soft smile; she appreciated that he cared for her and seeing how distraught he was, it struck a nerve.

"Please, do not speak so ill of Jaeger," she retorted, her voice taking on a tone of sadness as she spoke to him. "Jaeger did everything in his power to make sure that we, as a family, were happy, but he could not always be there. With me being out of commission for jobs before Ahote had been born, he was the only one providing for the family. When Ahote was stolen from me, he was out on a job and the moment he learned, he came rushing back to me. He's been just as distraught as I have been over the kidnapping of our child; he is a very caring man, Mashyuu. His son means more to him than anything in the world and for you to say he is 'good-for-nothing', hurts me." With a single hand, she'd beckon for him to go forward, only to have him walk past the broken totems and leave her behind.

Kanix sighed and followed after Mashyuu, Ancalagon trailing behind her, though lagging heavily because of the weight of the presence in the air. In order to stay by her pet's side, the woman fell back farther, residing beside the Thunderbird as they walked along. Birds screeched in the air and at first, the shaman paid no attention to it, feeling that it was natural, though it wasn't. Her eyes darted upward, catching the fake birds that flew through the air with ease and dove down toward them. Spreading her arms outward, the woman began chanting in the Nirvit language, a golden light appearing at her feet with golden runes encircling her. Seconds later, a stream of blue light butterflies engulfed Mashyuu and raised a shield up around him to protect him from the birds. Ancalagon, out of habit, screeched out and bent over his owner, aiming to protect her from any of the birds' attacks.

@Mashyuu , 3513 words total , notes

Last edited by Kanix Laspor on 18th May 2016, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 15th May 2016, 11:27 pm

Birds of pure stone and wires flew down in rapid succession down upon the four fighters before Mashyuu could even react his partner came to his aid and put up a strange butterfly shield, protecting the Earthen Slayer from multiple attacks from the birds. The blue eyed Wizard glanced over at Rocky who couldn't fly and it clearly looked as if it was being confused by the fact that it couldn't use a special ability that it had swiftly grown used to using. Mashyuu took a deep breath of air while he searched for the proper way to deal with the creatures. Could he simply eat them? "Thanks for the save Kanix!" Mashyuu shouted and snapped his half gloved fingers. "Rocky, lets go!" The Earthen Caster pulled his right arm back while opening his palm and allowing his mothers secondary magic to course through him. "Thunder Flash!" Mashyuu shouted while throwing his palm out and letting a blast of electricity lance from his hand to crash into three of the birds while Rocky inhaled a deep breath of air. Rocky howled loudly and exhaled a long stream of stones against two more birds.

Swiftly Mashyuu rushed to stand at the side of Kanix so that they couldn't be flanked in case anyone else came to attack from another position. Blue eyes darted around swiftly as the Caster tried to track the multiple birds. None of them had a scent, making it harder for Mashyuu to keep track of the flying stone objects. Gently Mashyuu nudged Kanix and grinned ear to ear. "Can you hit them all at once if I draw their attention? Don't worry about hurting me. I have a plan." Mashyuu explained and darted out some ten feet in front of Kanix. Slowly he spread his arms wide and offered his body up as a sacrifice for the birds. If Kanix could manage to pull off the attack Mashyuu planned on using his Lightning leap power to avoid her spells effect.

WC: 337
    Mashyuu total words: 2153

Post by Guest 18th May 2016, 9:42 pm

Holy fire burns again

Ancalagon cried out at the stone birds that flew down toward Mashyuu and Kanix, lightning sparking from its eyes. He watched as the beasts crashed into the barrier that his owner had placed up around her partner in order to protect him. His eyes darted toward Rocky afterward, observing how that beast spewed out a stream of rocks toward the mammals. What good would throwing rocks at rock birds do? Wouldn't the damage be nothing against them since they are of the same element? Kanix narrowed her eyes as she took all of this in through her pet's eyes, concentrating on her thought process and what to do. To each their own, the opposite element was stronger to the next, but what was stronger against earth? Water. . . water was stronger than earth. Flicking her wrist, Kanix drew up a stream of water from a near by brook and wrapped it in her hand.

"I won't be able to hit them all at once, but I'll be able to hit a few at a time if that makes a difference," the shamaness answered. She stepped out from under the wings of her pet and looked to the stone birds now floating in the sky above them. Their initial attack had been thwarted and right now, they were simply circling overhead, as if planning out their next one. A grimace appeared on Kanix's face and she lifted the hand that held the water whip, jerking it forward to send the stream to the birds. The moment the tip of the water whip entered the sky and skimmed through the flock of stone avian, they scattered. Few had been hit and those that had been, instantly went down to the ground, their stone limbs twitching before falling still. She flicked her wrist again and sent the whip flying toward the right side of the split flock, crashing into a few more.

Fortunately for Mashyuu, this spell's effect was simply a water whip, so there was no necessary movement from him. Once most of the birds had been taken care off, Kanix pulled back the whip and let the water return to the brook. Ancalagon flapped his wings, as if he wanted to chase after the rest of the stone birds, but found he couldn't lift himself off the ground. "Sorry, buddy, but this place doesn't allow for easy flight; the gravitational pull is far too strong even for the likes of you," she stated. The woman would extend a hand and pat his side, receiving a nudge to her side from the toothed beak of her pet. "So, Mashyuu, what were you saying about me being able to hit them all?" Kanix tilted her head some as she said this. A chuckle left her lips, "I shall let you deal with the rest if you like, I'll be over here, waiting for when you're finished."

With that being said, the woman grabbed hold of some of Ancalagon's feathers and pulled herself up onto his back. She sat crisscross on his back, looking down at Mashyuu, then up to the birds in the sky, but her sight went black afterward. The connection she had between Ancalagon and herself had been cut off, not by any unknown or outwardly means, but by her own. There was no need for her to see anything right now, and using her ability would put strenuous negativity on her.

@Mashyuu , 4418 words total , notes
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 18th May 2016, 10:17 pm

With a simple flick of her wrist a few times, Kanix had managed to easily thin the heard of stone birds with a whip of water witch caused Mashyuu to grin at the woman while looking over his shoulder at her. He wasn't sure how she did it but he wasn't really complaining either. The Earthen Wizard looked up at the few remaining stone birds and rolled his neck, cracking the bones in it. The young man waited for the birds to come in for their next attack while lifting his left palm up. From it his gloves unleashed and arcane mark and earth poured from them and hit the ground. "Earth Dragons Stone Fist!" He shouted. From the ground the earth that Mashyuu released rose up into the form of a massive fist and launched out, smashing the rest of the birds and rocketing into the near by brook.

After the animals were destroyed Mashyuu fell to his hands and knees, gasping for air. The fights thus far had taken a little more out of him than the Earthen Slayer was willing to admit. Still he couldn't help but crack a smile at her and get up. Of course she let him handle a good chunk of the foes. Mashyuu had been nothing but protective over the beauty since they met and by now she was likely expecting that he kept her safe for the most part.

With a light grunt Mashyuu hoisted himself up and brought a lose tile of stone up with him, shoving it in his mouth and chomping down, swiftly eating it to restore some of his energy. He raised his brow at the blind beauty and tried to not let how sorry he felt for her show. It killed her knowing that she was sad and hurt. If he could have done something to help her he would have. He took a deep breath and started to walk, making enough sound to let her know he was moving on.

Mashyuu rounded a corner and cleared his throat, speaking in a calm even tone. "Hey... come down here for a second would ya?" Mashyuu asked and waited for Kanix. Once she was at his side he gently reached out and took her fingers in his hands so that she didn't freak out like she did the first time they touched. "A while back you said that you said that you didn't want to lose me and that you held me near to your heart. I need you to know... I would move the planet itself to make you happy. If it meant dying to keep you safe then my life is a small price to pay. I love you more than I know how to explain or express. Even if you don't feel the same... I just needed to tell you." Mashyuu put it all out for her before pressing his lips to hers in a passion filled kiss. A minute later he pulled away and blushed softly before turning on his heels and continuing down the path...

WC: 516
    Mashyuu total words: 2669

Post by Guest 19th May 2016, 9:32 pm

Holy fire burns again

From where she sat upon Ancalagon's back, the woman felt the earth rumble beneath her, heard the breaking of stone as Mashyuu's spell was cast. She gripped tightly onto the feathers of her Thunderbird, but her facial expression remained steady and calm, listening to the rocket of the stone fist. Stone colliding with stone resonated into the air and Kanix took in a deep breath, breathing in the familiar scent of rock and dust. This smell, though, was different; this smell was peculiar to her, tranquil in a way, and she sat there trying to figure out what was enchanting about it. Mashyuu. . . every bit of that shambled stone had the strong scent of her partner mixed within it, and at the thought of recognizing the smell, she smiled. Her heart seemingly skipped a beat at his voice when he had called out the spell and skipped more at his heartwarming scent in the stones. Jaeger had laid claim to her heart because of Ahote, but deep down, a spark lit itself the moment Mashyuu had introduced himself to her.

Through the sound of falling dust and stone, the shamaness could hear the ragged breathing of her job partner, worrying her some. While she did believe in him to protect her, she knew that in turn, she, too, would have to protect his very essence: the core reason why she lived. Another deep breath in and Kanix closed her eyes, spread her arms out wide and began chanting in the ancient Nirvit language, but her summoning was quickly disturbed. Her thought process shut down and she stopped chanting, lowering her arms as she opened her eyes and stared into the empty darkness of her sight. Reaching a hand forward, the woman connected her vision to Ancalagon's once again, turning her face to look in Mashyuu's direction rather lovingly. A feeling ached in her body, one that she did not entirely understand, but it resided there in her, throbbing as if acting like it was telling her something. What was this feeling beating inside of her and what was it trying to tell her? Was she meant to listen to it or was she meant to ignore it?

Seated quietly on her massive bird, Kanix watched as Mashyuu pulled himself to his feet and bit down onto a piece of stone. He was so tired from all of the fighting, yet he still stood his ground and fought with every ounce of strength in his body that he could. For a fleeting moment, a single thought fluttered around in her mind, like a butterfly dancing gracefully over flower after flower: I love you. She had told Jaeger those three words before, but they held no meaning to her, like they held for her with Mashyuu; this was all different. Kanix was pulled from her reverie when Mashyuu called out to her, telling her to come over to him. Had he found something? Was something wrong? Carefully, she climbed down from Ancalagon, breaking the sight connection with him and shuffling her way over to the Earth Dragon Slayer. A frown crossed her face and she felt Mashyuu's calloused, working hands take hers into them; she felt her heart skip a beat.

Their hands clasped together, she let her gaze drop toward their intertwined fingers, rubbing her thumbs over the palms of his hands softly. The deep, resonant sound of his voice echoed into her ears and she paused the rubbing her thumbs against his palms. His next words took her by surprise, for even her mind hadn't thought a single moment that he would have told her this. She knew everything there was in this world because of her lineage, yet his expression of love was something unexpected. Her breath hitched in her throat and she nodded slowly at his words, looking back up to his face with her sightless gaze. Kanix bit her lip and tears streaked down her cheeks, blood and water coursing over the pale skin of the shamaness. In the moment Mashyuu had spoken to her, he pressed his lips to hers and she stood there frozen in place as he pulled away.

When she had finally regained her consciousness, she sucked in a deep breath of air to get  herself breathing again. "Mashyuu. . ." Kanix began, biting her lip once more and reaching a hand forward in order to grab hold of his for a second time. Interlocking their fingers together, the woman halted his walking and spun him to face her; the moment they touched, their vision connected. For the first time since she had met him, she was able to truly see what Mashyuu looked like up close and in person. Her sentence had been cut off as she stood there and looked him in the eyes with her single blue optic, unmoving. What stood before her was not just some voice in her head telling her things that would mean the world to her, but a man. Not just some job partner or friend she had to tolerate, but a human being who held all of the love for them both.

Her hand released his and she grabbed hold of his shirt collar; being a whole foot shorter than him didn't help that situation. Once his shirt collar was in her grasp, she yanked him down to her level and pressed their lips together in reply to his kiss. A moment had passed by and Kanix released herself from him, a blush covering the pale complexioned cheeks of her face. "I have held off my feelings for the sake of Jaeger and Ahote, but now, I can no longer deny what I feel toward you. Mashyuu, I, too, would let the world kill me if meant that you could live for another day; you mean more to me than what you believe." With that being said, Kanix huffed in a breath of the fresh air and fell silent, the blush on her face deepening. What had just happened between the two of them should never reach the ears of others, for who knows what would ensue.

@Mashyuu , 5956 words total , notes
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 19th May 2016, 10:47 pm

There he said it, he kissed her and licked his lips softly, savoring the taste of the blue eyed beauty. Before he could get any distance on her though to recover his thoughts he felt her soft, gentle hands on his again while he was pulled back to face her. He thought for sure she would say something about how he shouldn't have said a word to her. How Jager had her heart and it would never change, and that Mashyuu was a lost cause. He wanted to run away, to bury his face in sand to make sure that she couldn't hear the fear and worry in his voice. Mashyuu took a breath to say something to her when her hand released his and grabbed his shirt, pulling him down into an electric kiss. His arms found themselves wrapping around her slender waist for a long moment while his eyes fell shut.

The kiss was wrong but felt right at the same time. Kanix pulled back from the kiss and the blush on her face told Mashyuu everything he could have wanted to ask... Then again the words she spoke did the same thing. The Brown haired Wizards face cocked into a soft grin and his eyes danced upon hers. She was beautiful the moment she flew in to save him months ago in the tomb of the Saints. She was just as beautiful now and after the two had grown to know each other fondly the Slayer found his love for her growing to be greater every moment. How in the world had he gotten so lucky? Or maybe it was more of a curse since he doubted that he could tell anyone about what had just happened. At that moment it didn't matter though. "You would be surprised at what I can believe... You have no idea how much it means to know you love me the way I love you..." Mashyuu placed a palm gently to her cheek and ran a thumb to catch her tears. "Come on. Lets get going, we finish this job and we can celebrate properly." Mashyuu said and took her hand, walking with her as his energy started to replenish naturally.

Mashyuu walked with Kanix for a bit, Rocky stalking in toe like a wild animal until both it and Mashyuu stopped in their tracks. The Slayers eyes narrowed and he started to grin. "Stone monster up around the corner... Lots of trees and grass. I don't know why I don't just eat this stuff. It's clearly magic and I bet it would restore lots of power." Mashyuu joked. He glanced over his shoulder at Rocky and the stone guardian nodded it's head up and down as if agreeing with the Slayer.

Taking the lead Mashyuu stepped in front of the woman at his side and narrowed his eyes as the path they were walking on opened into a wide field of tall grass and trees, a single path ran through the field in a choke point. "This is a trap..." From the shadows, a stone tiger watched the group and waited to pounce from the top of a tall tree branch.

WC: 535
    Mashyuu total words: 3204

Post by Guest 21st May 2016, 2:30 pm

Holy fire burns again

Mashyuu's embrace was filled with love, full to the brim with the emotions that he felt toward the beautiful shamaness. Kanix did not want to release herself from the hold, but she knew that they had a job they must complete before all else. It was saddening, though she found herself able to easily pull free of his grasp, savoring the affection that had been given to her. In all of her life, she never knew a man could love as deeply as he did for her; that decade of punishment from her past had always told her otherwise. The cruelty of men was unending, even Sol had proven to her otherwise: no man was able to truly love a woman. His smile upon his face, that was all she strived for each day that she woke up without realizing that's what she wanted all along. She wanted to see him happy each and everyday for the rest of her life because it was him who had taught her not all men were bad.

With the tears wiped from her face, Kanix leaned her head against his arm, which led down to their intertwined hands below. They walked like this for what felt like an eternity, no distraction, no monster that came rampaging from the bushes. A shiver ran down her spine and before her sightless eyes and imaged flashed, bright, glaring, unavoidable to ignore. Mashyuu stood there describing what she was seeing in her vision; a tall, gruesome, and ugly stone monster on its way. She had just wanted to walk beside him for a little while longer, enjoy the moment peace and tranquility they were given. Now, the image plagued her mind like rats running through the streets, unable to never see what she had just seen. Feeling his hand remove from her own, Kanix straightened her posture, so that she was able to support herself on her own.

A low growl emitted from the shrubbery that the stone beast hid behind, a purr-like sound of a tiger in the dark. She did not like the feeling that swelled in her stomach, foreboding and dark, as if telling her death was on its way. As Mashyuu stepped forward, took the lead, Kanix couldn't help, but reach out to grab hold of his hand, simply to identify he was still there with her. After the little event between the two, she couldn't afford to lose him with how close they had just become with each other. Pulling herself close to him, she raised a single hand upward and from where they stood, beams of light shot upward. They danced over twenty-two meter circumference, crosshatching with each other and destroying anything in their path. From the shadows, a yowl sounded out as one of the beams struck through the stone tiger and broke part of its body.

Angrily, the beast charged from its hiding place, but as it did so, Kanix was unfortunate to have a beam strike through her. Her own spell, she had known, was one that would hit her regardless of where she had cast it from, a risk she was willing to take. Impaled by her own magic, the Nirvit-raised woman coughed up blood, watching the tiger as it advanced on Mashyuu and her. Blood spilled down her bottom lip and over her chin, splattering to the ground and weakly, she tapped her staff into the ground. It pulsated and a ring of white washed over everything in a fifty-five meter radius, healing any minor wounds and dousing the major ones. Evidently, Kanix collapsed upon the back of her true lover, standing there for a moment before her body grew too weak and she fell to her knees. While her staff's magic was healing her, it was the matter that she had been impaled rather harshly and quickly.

Shakily, a hand reached upward to where she had been impaled through the stomach, covered in the blood that coated the ground and her. Threats were nonexistent here, yet she had made the choice to cast one of her most dangerous spells in order to protect Mashyuu. As a result, the mix of her unholy forms and her holy magic did not get along and caused the calamity that was her injury.

@Mashyuu , 7202 words total , notes
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 21st May 2016, 4:59 pm

Mashyuu moved to step protectively in front of Kanix, not wanting to see her get hurt any more than she had already been in her short life. His right hand tugged him back as Kanix kept a hold of it and pulled him closer to her while she lifted her hand to the sky. "Kanix... Let me protect you..." He muttered until rays of light ripped through the heavens, blasting things randomly. Mashyuu tried to cover his loves body but it was to late. A beam ripped right through her, just below her breasts and blood flowed through her wound.

Fear... True fear coursed through Mashyuu as Kanix smacked her staff on the ground and started to heal herself. Still she fell to her knees and the stone tiger came charging out of the woods, part of it's face missing. Mashyuu shrugged off his jacket and swiftly wrapped her in the one sleeved garment. "Rocky stay by her side, if anything gets past me then get her out of here!" Rocky nodded it's head as if to say it understood while Mashyuu spun around and placed his hands on the ground. His lip curled up in a snarl just before he rushed the tiger.

Both combatants slammed into each other after a five meter rush, Mashyuu's strong bare arm wrapped around the tiger while his fingers dug into the beasts back hard. The claws of the Tiger dug into Mashyuu's shoulders, forcing blood to flow down his shoulders while the Slayer twisted around and both he and the Tiger fell to the ground for a quick scuffle. Mashyuu stood up while both the Tiger and Slayer kept their grip on one another. Mashyuu lashed out with his armored boot, driving it into the Stone Tigers gut. Before his leg ever came down again he bent it at the knee and shouted. "Earth Dragons Tremor Stomp!" He shouted and slammed his foot down upon the ground, causing ripples of stone to jut up and strike into the Stone Tiger, tripping it up and forcing it to fall and lose it's grip.

"Kanix! Kanix Talk to me!" He shouted to make sure she was awake and alive. The Wizard looked back at the Stone Tiger and an idea sprang to mind. He opened his mouth and bit down on the Tigers face, ripping a chunk out of it while he chewed. The Tiger howled in pain just as Mashyuu bit down again, ripping through the Tigers brain. It fell over as the light in it's eyes faded out.

Mashyuu swallowed part of the monsters face and twisted to face Kanix and hurry to her side when the Tiger lashed out and clawed at the Wizards leg, just above his armored boot. The brown haired Slayer hit the ground while twisting and opening his palm towards the now faceless Tiger. "Just stay down.... Stone Spray!" His voice echoed out and from the ground by his foot a cone of jagged and blunt rocks launched at the Tiger, knocking it's clawed grasp away from Mashyuu.

Slowly he pulled himself up and headed to the side of his love. His heart raced while his bottom lip quivered. An arm wrapped around her shoulders and cradled her close to his chest. "Why would you ever cast a spell that could hurt you? Talk to me..." He muttered softly while stroking her dark locks out of her face.

WC: 577
    Mashyuu total words: 3781

Post by Guest 27th May 2016, 11:54 am

Holy fire burns again

Kanix glanced upward from where she was knelt behind Mashyuu, smiling despite the trickle of blood from the corner of her mouth. "You have protected. . . me enough, Mashyuu. . . please, let me protect you. . . for once," she spoke slowly and deliberately. She coughed and blood splattered onto the fist curled in front of her face, the hand dropping to her side as she breathed outward. Her eye studied him for a second longer before it darted toward the prowling stone tiger, now missing half of its face. Damage had been dealt to it by the looks of the missing face, so she was glad she was able to cause such a disaster. For now, she would rest here and let her staff's aura pulsate around its fifty-five meter radius to heal her wounds. It was working, but slowly, so it would take a while before the wound was entirely healed and she was back to herself.

The next thing she knew, he wrapped his mother's jacket around her shoulders and left her in the care of Rocky. He was just a stone creature though. . . Where was Ancalagon when she needed him? The bird had been close by. . . Through her blurred vision, the shamaness looked around the surroundings for her Thunderbird, unable to find him. She could feel his electrical presence close by, but other than that, her senses were distorted from the injury. Kanix blinked her eye and focused all of her attention to her environment, locating Ancalagon just behind the trio. A bloody hand turned back and she reached for the feathered body that she had grown to know so well. Her fingers skimmed the soft plumage, coating it in the red paint of her life, but as she did so, her body gave way to weakness.

Battling ensued, but it was very distant to her, like her mind was cooing her into closing her eyes for a while. She didn't want to die though and she could feel her magic was working overtime to make sure she was healed. Ancalagon nuzzled her head with its beak, as if trying to keep her awake as well, and she used every ounce of strength to connect their visions. Kanix smiled up at him and breathed in harshly, gripping her hand tightly onto the chunk of feathers in her hand. A low rumble emitted from Ancalagon's throat and she giggled a little, making a motion with her mouth to tell him to hush. With that hand, she managed to pull herself back up to a sitting position, her eye moving back to the battlefield. The ground trembled beneath her and she recognized that as one of Mashyuu's spells being cast in retaliation to the tiger.

"I'm still here, I promise," she answered him, resting against the bodice of her bird, though she could feel the itch of battle coming from him. "Go on, Ancalagon, go fight. . ." The bird shook in his place, as if refusing to obey what Kanix had told him. Lightning sparked around in the vicinity, where it gathered at the beak of her bird, until it shot toward the stone tiger. Damage wouldn't be much to the tiger, considering it was made of stone, but some damage could still be dealt. The tiger yowled out in pain as the bolt of lightning struck the beast, causing it to pull its feet away from Mashyuu. She felt her pet shudder against her, as if hearing the cry of pain exhilarated what he felt during the battle. Kanix chuckled a little and watched as Mashyuu fought against the beast, taking a decent chunk out of its brain and batting it away.

"Hey, Mashyuu? I'll be okay, I promise, just give my weapon's ability a little while," the woman stated softly. She didn't want him worrying over her too much when she knew she would be just fine, otherwise, her magic would begin to shut down. Besides, this was not one of the ways in which her magic had envisioned her death for her, so she would not die. "My magic knows when I'm going to die, so it's okay. . . today, I am not leaving this world quite yet, all right?" Kanix would place a hand on one of his as a comforting motion, though wouldn't say anymore to worry him. The last thing she wanted to do was cause issues with him and wanting to protect her more because of her own stupidity. Her magic was dangerous to her in the fact that her secondary was opposite to its holiness; sirens were unholy.

Carefully, she'd pull his face down to hers and kiss his lips, squeezing his hand a little as she pulled away from him. "Stop worrying so much, you weirdo," the shamaness pointed out, giggling slightly and otherwise, smiling at him. "Look, the wound is already healing, there's no need to fret over whether I'm going to be dead or alive anymore." She'd move her hand away from the hole in her gut to show that most of it had been sealed up and stopped bleeding. A scar would remain there from the intensity of the heat from the light beam, but other than that, she was fine. "I cast that spell because I didn't know what was going to happen with that tiger, I didn't trust the power I felt from it. Then again, the intensity of magic seems to be amplified around here because of the presence of it at the island center."

@Mashyuu , 8709 words total , notes
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 27th May 2016, 5:43 pm

Mashyuu reveled in the soft kiss Kanix gave him, letting her squeeze his hand playfully in the process. Even if the woman couldn't see Mashyuu his smile was there as Kanix spoke to him in a soft voice that assured him that she would be alright. "I can't not worry about you. I love you. So you will have to forgive me if I tell you to let me worry..." His soft blue eyes darted down to look at the woman's wound healing slowly from her staff apparently. He had no idea that she had that kind of power, or that she could call down the power of the sun, not that it really mattered to Mashyuu. Her power wasn't what attracted the Wizard to her it was so much more. "Okay beautiful, thanks for helping me out here and all but maybe we don't do that next time. Instead we should save a blast like that for a foe that might really kill us. I can eat stone remember?" Mashyuu joked while scooping his arms under Kanix to cradle her head and back, while his other arm scooped just under he knees to lift her off the ground. With the gentlest of motions the Earth Wizard walked her over to set her down atop the thunder bird.

The dark brown haired Slayer stroked the hair of Kanix one last time then smoothed his jacket out on her body, deciding she could keep it until she was completely better. Without a word spoken Mashyuu and Rocky walked along the path in the forest again until the group came to a massive stone platform with four arrows, one pointing in each direction. "North South East and West... Looks like we came from the South East end... Lets start with headed North I guess." Mashyuu reasoned to himself more than anyone else. Without so much as shrugging his shoulders Mashyuu continued on while the ring on his finger spoke softly. You shouldn't let your love for her put yourself in danger. If you do then you will end up dead. One day you will have decide between you and her. Ux explained to the Slayer. Mashyuu shook his head side to side as if he didn't believe in what the ring was saying but understood that it was worried for the Wizard. After an hour of walking on a single straight path the group came to a large oasis blocked in with a thick layer of stone. A massive Black Turtle stalked up to the group where Mashyuu stepped to stand in front of Kanix in order to let her continue to heal. Mashyuu was worried on sight of the turtle, assuming it would be a user of water magic, something Mashyuu couldn't fight against very well. Still he had some tricks up his sleeves.

"Why have you come to this land?" It asked with a deep and booming voice. It's eyes narrowed as it looked down on Mashyuu with a questioning gaze. Mashyuu swallowed hard and smirked. "I was paid to look into what is causing the flux in magical power here. She just stumbled upon the place. Let her go would ya? She is already hurt. Your land has made it's point." Mashyuu replied. The turtle smirked and took a step back and snapped it's fingers, from it's back two pillars of stone launched at Mashyuu. The head strong Slayer grinned and opened his mouth to eat the stones but found it wasn't possible for whatever reason. His head snapped back before a second pillar smashed into his chest and knocked him over with almost no effort. Mashyuu rolled to his knees and pulled himself up with a silly grin. "Kanix, sweetheart I might need your help with this one. If you can deal the damage I can keep you safe." Mashyuu explained. Having one extra trick that even his Ring had yet to witness. Deep in Mashyuu's soul he had the power to simply stop even the strongest of earth spells from happening thanks to his Terran bloodline. Should the monster attack anyone in the group Mashyuu was ready to simply dispel the magic it cast.

WC: 712
    Mashyuu total words: 4493

Post by Guest 2nd June 2016, 7:55 pm

Holy fire burns again

Kanix momentarily blushed as Mashyuu told her not to use such a spell, unless they were against a foe that could kill them. When the blush went away, her eye flickered toward the pathway in which they would be heading down, ultimately hiding her face from him. "Yeah, I know," she answered him in a much quieter tone than previous, feeling the blush coming back to her face. "I wasn't entirely thinking, as the vision displayed in my head was far more amplified than it actually turned out to be." As unfortunately as that was, she had now given Mashyuu the opportunity to see just how destructive her magic could be. Despite it being a holy-based magic, it was far more powerful than she happened to make it out to be. She was lucky it was only one spell of hers that caused any real damage to her and not anymore than just that one.

She didn't know why Mashyuu gave her his jacket when it really wasn't all that warm to her; it was comfortable, but a missing sleeve didn't help. Not to mention, it had lightning magic imbued into its source and she was certain he could utilize that magic. However, she took the jacket and put it on, despite the pain received by the excessive movement of her upper half. Slowly, Kanix got to her feet and waddled over to Ancalagon, clambering onto his back and sitting crisscrossed there. The squad proceeded to head down the pathway, Mashyuu mumbling to himself about directions, then heading straight again. Kanix didn't say anything as he did this, but let her pet follow after Rocky and him, until they came to an abrupt stop. A giant, black tortoise had crossed paths with them and, to be honest, he didn't look to be all that happy by it.

Her facial expression shifted from calm and collected to worrisome and thoughtful as the large beast spoke to them. It asked them a question, one that neither of them could truthfully answer, but Mashyuu answered it anyway. How unfortunate that this black tortoise was an earth wielder and a wielder whose earth could not be eaten by slayers. So, when Mashyuu revolted and attacked the beast, he quickly found out that the earth it made could not be eaten. This was when he had turned to her and asked for help, but in all honesty, she wasn't certain if she had a spell destructive enough. They had just started battling, so it wasn't entirely necessary for her to summon Him quite yet, but she would eventually. Turning her attention to the tortoise, she sized it up and down and started thinking through all of her spells.

Raising her right hand, the shamaness swept it toward the left, releasing three large, crescent-shaped blades of holy energy. They swirled toward the tortoise, who, in retaliation to the attack, summoned an earth golem to battle them. As the blades crashed into the tortoise and pushed it backward, Kanix slowly rose to her feet and placed her hands together. With her pointer fingers spread why and the other three pointed as far downward as possible, she blew through the given hole. Out came a blazing inferno, blasting toward the tortoise in hope that she would be able to strike him with this as well. If not, perhaps the earth golem would get in the way and she would be able to take it down, so they didn't have to worry about it. When the spell ended, she plopped back down into her seated position and looked to Mashyuu, wondering if he wanted her to continue

@Mashyuu , 10,029 words total , notes
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 2nd June 2016, 8:37 pm

Mashyuu stood by while Kanix readied for her attacks. Just as the beauty started though the massive turtle called up a golem of earth from the ground and Mashyuu had to admit it was nice but what he had been working on, while not ready yet, was much better. Kanix made a swift motion with her hand and let out a breath between her fingers, unleashing a blaze of impressive fire that was headed right for the Turtle laying ahead of them.

The Golem moved to intercept the blast but Mashyuu wasn't having any part of that. He grinned ear to ear and lifted his right hand outward, snapping his thumb and index finger as the fire Kanix let lose neared the Golem. "Earth Mastery." Mashyuu called out as he snapped. The Golem fell to sand and dirt where it stood and allowed for a clear blaze of fire to sail towards the Turtle. It crashed into the beast, surrounding it with flame and causing the creature to bellow out in pain. Casually Kanix returned to her seated position and looked to Mashyuu as if asking if he wanted her to continue. It was then that Mashyuu saw the three crescent shaped blasts that Kanix launched out swirl around and collide into the Turtle. It seemed to rock him and stagger the beast back. To get away from the fire it placed it's hands on the ground and launched itself into the air with a pillar of stone.

Narrowed blue eyes watched as the beast soared high up and took aim at Kanix and her massive pet. Without it being able to fly Mashyuu wasn't sure if it would be able to avoid whatever came. The Slayer slid in front of the bird and raised both his hands, palms facing the sky. The Turtle clapped and forced the ground under the group to ripple, almost knocking Mashyuu over in the process. "Earth Wall!" Mashyuu called out and from under the large bird a thick wall of stone came up, flat so that it could stand without falling over. As the turtle landed Mashyuu grinned ear to ear. He moved his hands out and down towards his sides, causing the ground around the turtle to blow up and out, surrounding it and dragging the beast underground, slowly crushing it. Mashyuu turned to face Kanix again as the ground rumbled and he pointed over his shoulder. "Eh that wasn't so bad. I've fought stronger.... But I get the feeling that's the weakest of these things." Mashyuu added as the ground expended the monster.

Without checking to see if it was defeated or not Mashyuu patted Rocky on the side and stalked back the way he came. As it turned out the area wasn't really the way they were supposed to go but then again Mashyuu wasn't the best at just picking a path and going. Usually he sent a flying creature or a teleporting one to check things out. At the very least he followed a scent but none of that was really working here. As the group returned to the center island of stone Mashyuu sat down and opened his arms wide. "Okay Kanix, you pick what direction we go in next. I don't mind listening to a smart lady after all."

WC: 555

Total: 10,584

Post by Guest 3rd June 2016, 3:03 pm

Holy fire burns again

All of the flattery that she was getting from Mashyuu was beginning to get rather sickening to her; it was nice and all, but he needed to know there was a limit. Being complimented that she was a smart lady and that he would listen to her did not please her in the least. The only reason why she knew certain things was because of her heritage and the fact her magic let her do such a thing. If it wasn't for her all-seeing eye, she doubted that Mashyuu would even pay attention to her words at all. In fact, she began to wonder what she would be like if she didn't have the ability to see into the future or learn things about others. Would be a "dumb blonde" type of woman or would she retain some of the intelligence that he knew her for? As curious as she was about that, Kanix didn't think she would ever be able to figure out what she was like without her Fourth Wall heritage.

Kanix glanced at the three remaining paths that they had to go down, staring at each one for a second before moving to the next. The first path she had looked to lay east of where they were standing and looked to be the most daunting of the three remaining. It had an entanglement of jungle fauna nearly blocking the pathway, but what intrigued her most were the souls floating around it. While it was dark and menacing looking, something drew her toward that trail, yet at the same time, she knew she couldn't go down it. Tearing her gaze away from the footpath that would lead down to the Soul Dragon, her eyes danced to the south. That passage looked to be more welcoming than the first one she had looked at, as well as less formidable, but still. . . she felt she couldn't go down that one either. Instead of concentrating on that one, she let her gaze fall upon the final of the three passageways: the westward.

This one had a mess of jungle vines coating along the ground, but otherwise, it was the safest they could go down. Something prickled at the back of her neck, however, as she dug her heels into the sides of her pet to urge him forward. Ancalagon shook his head and started warily walking forward, as if he could sense his master's discomfort from looking at the path. She urged him to go a little faster and he picked up the speed, passing by Mashyuu and snagging hold of his hand. Kanix would pull him up onto the back of Ancalagon, forgetting that he was a Dragon Slayer and likely didn't realize Ancalagon wasn't just a ride. . . Their journey down this pathway would now begin, where already, the White Tiger would be stalking them from the bushes. Its stalking resulting in the goosebumps that she felt crawling down her skin as they walked down the trail.

She leaned back against Mashyuu as they traveled down the long passage, only to occasionally look toward the bushes. They seemingly wavered on their own, even though no breeze had passed through the area since they had started down it. "Mashyuu, do you feel like something is following us?" the woman inquired, snuggling closer to him the more she thought about it. Moments later, the sound of lightning crackling sparked in the air and she pulled the jacket tighter around her bosom. The only issue with this jacket was because her breasts were so large, she couldn't even zip it up around her. Looking back to the bushes, she even thought she had seen glowering eyes from the cracks of the leaves. Not liking the thought of there being something following them around, the woman quickly broke the vision connection she had with her pet.

As they edged along the pathway, she could already tell that even Ancalagon was beginning to feel uneasy on this path. Birds screeched overhead, like the stone totem birds they had defeated at the beginning of the forest they entered. Except, nothing came charging down at them and while the passageway was an anxiety ridden place, they reached a large clearing. It was empty from what Kanix could tell, but at the edge of the clearing, she could sense an immense mount of magical power. Perhaps, it was just the island messing with her limited transcendence, but at the same time, she thought it doubtful. Something sounded close by, like metal grinding against metal, or gears trying to churn to get something large moving. It brushed along the leaves of the jungle-like undergrowth, until a large, mechanical paw stepped out of hiding.

A low growl emitted into the air, though it sounded robotic and inhumane, yet all the while a tad animistic in nature. Peeking through the bushes came a metallic nose, followed by an automation face, red optics more machine-driven than anything else. Out stepped a massive tiger, known as the White Tiger, standing at ten feet tall, twenty feet long, four feet wide. This tiger was not like any other tiger either of the mages knew of, for standing before them was a robotic beast. Its jaw unhinged and gears could be heard churning and grinding against each other, working to activate the voice operator. A soft white noise emitted into the air at first, then a crackling, and soon a deep voice was speaking to the two of them. "What brings you here to the western side of the island?" it inquired, voice rolling over the white noise behind it.

It twitched and moved as if the wiring it was made from has become old and worn down, like it was starting to glitch. A malfunction occurred in its system, causing the tiger to freeze up for a second and the red of its eyes die down. "System error. . . enemy detected. . . annihilation in progress. . ." the words spewed out of its mouth as it stood before them. "I cannot let you past, you have trespassed on the sacred land of the White Tiger, and now, you must pay for it." Metallic vine-like whips formed from its backside and launched toward the Thunderbird carrying the two mages. Kanix scrambled to her feet on Ancalagon's back and climbed up to the top of his head, tapping him lightly with her foot. "Ancalagon, Star Scream!" she ordered, forcing the bird to lower its head and start gathering a ball of lightning at its mouth.

When the orb was fully charged, a single blast of lightning shot toward the robotic tiger, though to the naked eye, it looked like a snake. The snake crashed into the shoulders of the opponent, and sparks of lightning coursed over the metallic body. Despite this, the whips managed to wrap around the legs of her pet and pull him down, dragging him toward the beast. Kanix tumbled off the head of her pet and thudded against the ground, groaning and pulling herself to her feet. She fell down into a crouching tiger stance and breathed in deeply, her hands pushing downward, palms open and facing the ground. With her left hand, she drew lightning from the air and pulled it into a semicircle, this was followed with the same action from her right hand. They were pulled together and the tips of her middle and forefingers were connected, the lightning crackling together.

Kanix let her right hand drop away and stretched her left hand outward, releasing the bolt of lightning at the tiger. This, too, crashed against the metallic beast and resulted in the eyes malfunctioning to the point it was unable to see them. Her gaze shifted toward Mashyuu's presence, hoping that he was okay, despite Ancalagon having been pulled down. "Metalbender!" she called to him, her lineage allowing for her to be able to recognize the single elemental aspect of their opponent. "Careful when attacking him; metal's a type of earth material, and since you couldn't eat the previous creature's earth, I doubt you can eat this." Perhaps he couldn't eat metal at all, she didn't know the extent at which earth slayers were able to eat earth. Whatever he decided to do though, she would be there to back him up, and with the enemy blinded now, they had an advantage.

@Mashyuu , 11,986 words total , notes
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 3rd June 2016, 4:18 pm

While Mashyuu had no idea that Kanix was upset by his complements he never looked at her as a dumb blonde type, nor did he only like her for her magic or birth right. It was all that and so much more. The way her voice always seemed to bring a soft smile to his face, how seeing her made his heart skip a beat from the moment they met up until this point and likely until the day he passed to the next world. It was something that he couldn't really place either, meeting Kanix was an unexpected joy that seemed to change the course of Mashyuu's life forever.

Silently Mashyuu watched the process Kanix used to pick her path. It was very different from Mashyuu's and his easy going reasoning. Instead she walked to each path and seemed to consider something. Maybe it was the magical power coming from each path or just a gut feeling she could only sense by getting close to each path. It didn't matter to him so long as she chose a path. Mashyuu picked himself up as Kanix went to the second path and started to look towards the area. The Slayers nose sniffed the air and he sneezed. Even the air here was to thick for his senses to truly work properly, annoying the Wizard to no end.

As Kanix jumped up on her pet the woman grasped Mashyuu's arm and forced him to run. Soon he was falling behind the massive bird and had to make a choice, either drag Kanix off the thunder bird or jump atop it and risk the motion sickness. Mashyuu jumped up and let Kanix guide him atop the creature and his face turned green for a moment while he got used to the fact that indeed he cared about this giant bird who was to big for his own good. The motion sickness passed by the Slayer almost as swiftly as it had come to assault him.

Soon enough the pair were trotting through a forest that had Mashyuu's senses going haywire. Confusion was more than overwhelming his brain. He knew that the group were being followed but couldn't figure out what was doing it. Suddenly the feel of leather and the scent of a woman assaulted Mashyuu's senses and his gaze went over to Kanix as she was cuddling him tightly. He smiled and wrapped his hands around her waist while listening to her concerns. "Yeah but I've felt like that since I started this job... I haven't been able to hold a scent or use my hearing correctly since I stepped foot here so I've been flying fairly blind. Hell I can't even burrow under ground to move around. So keep your ears peeled and your eyes open." Mashyuu responded and gave her a quick kiss to the neck.

Over head birds cawed and flew high, scattering in the cool summer air, alerting Mashyuu to some sort of oncoming danger. His right palm slipped off of Kanix's hip and fingers started to move as if he was getting ready to act incase they were thrown from the bird they were riding. Eventually they came to a clearing and Mashyuu knew that if there was a guardian it should be at the clearing waiting for the four of them. Coming out of a large group of trees was a massive beast of metal. Mashyuu almost went wide eyed with concern at the sight of the monster like tiger. Swiftly Mashyuu slipped his hands free from Kanix and started to watch while the creature asked what the group was doing on the land. Why did everyone wonder that?

Instead of getting the chance to talk the Tiger seemed to shut down and reboot, claiming that battle was at hand. Kanix jumped up and commanded her bird to use a thunder attack that stuck the monster hard. In response tendrils wrapped around the birds legs and yanketd it town to the ground, sending Mashyuu and Kanix to the ground in the process. As Kanix began her own attack Mashyuu reached his palm out towards the tendrils and called out. "Dark One, teleport those tendrils away from the thunder bird." A small shadow imp appeared between the tendrils and grasped one in each hand then vanished in a puff of smoke. When it reappeared the tendrils were off of the bird and flapping in the air trying to lash at the Dark One.

"Never liked the taste of Iron as is. I'll handle it though. Earth Dragons War Hammer!" Mashyuu responded and shouted out while standing up and reaching his right palm out. The ground under Mashyuu floated up and slammed into one a war hammer. The Wizard spun the hammer around and rushed for the beast. While it was blind Mashyuu smashed his hammer into the face of the creature, the effect of his war hammer not only doing a massive amount of damage to the beast but slowing it down a great deal. The tiger tried to slash at Mashyuu but couldn't seem to bring it's claws up. Instead it roared and caused metal spikes to launch out from it's body. Three spikes slammed into Mashyuu's chest, driving him back and causing his body to bleed on the spot. To keep Kanix from worrying he held back a scream of pain and took a shallow breath. "Think your fire can melt that thing Kanix?" Mashyuu asked while ripping spikes from his body and tossing his now ruined tee shirt aside.

Without really giving Kanix the time she would need to respond Mashyuu charged back into the fight, this time relying on his ring to warn him of danger. A second blow from his hammer was met with the Tiger putting up a wall of thick metal around the creature and softening the blow from Mashyuu's strike. He gritted his teeth and threw his arm up at a sharp ninety degree angle. From under the creature a wall of stone lifted the Tiger six feet up and Mashyuu ducked down. "Kanix, six feet up and in front of me, let lose." He called out and waited for his chance to strike the creature again.

Word total: 13,030

Post by Guest 3rd June 2016, 7:44 pm

Holy fire burns again

Mashyuu sounded completely and utterly fine to her, and she chuckled at his answer to the comment about metal and earth. Apparently, metal didn't taste as good as earth did, but in all honesty, they probably both tasted absolutely horrendous. She was neither a Metal Dragon Slayer or an Earth Dragon Slayer, so those two elements did not appeal to her as a source of food. Sometimes, when she watched Mashyuu eat the earth, it slightly revolted her because in her mind, it was strange to eat non-fruit, vegetable, or meat things. Still, she was slightly curious to know what it taste like to a Dragon Slayer, seeing as they were able to consume the element. Did it. . . perhaps. . . have a better taste to them than it would if they were a normal mage? Like some sort of secret ingredient in it to make it taste good? Shaking her head, Kanix pulled herself out of her thoughts, just in time to hear Mashyuu ask if she could possibly melt the tiger with her fire.

In response to him she gave a slight nod, hoping that he had been looking in her direction when he had asked her that. She stood there as she waited for his command, listening to him call out for a war hammer and slamming it into the tiger. It rattled the area, which Kanix was able to feel through the tremors in the ground, but she didn't budge toward them. Another tremor came along as his war hammer slammed into a metallic wall that the tiger had drawn up. The next thing she heard was Mashyuu skidding backward as metal spikes pierced through his chest; this made her frown. He did not make any noise and that bothered her the most as she felt he was trying to hide that fact from her. A terrible choice really, as no matter what it was they were doing, she was always able to figure out what it was.

Despite this, he had told her the creature was six feet up in the air and dead ahead of him, though she could hear the tautness in his voice. Fighting the urge to go over and heal him, her attention shifted back to the metal tiger and she charged the pillar it was upon. Her right foot struck the base of the stand and carried her upward, bouncing along like a Naruto ninja until she was above the tiger. As she somersaulted in the air, her right foot came down upon the assailant, a blaze of fire swirling with her movement and striking her opponent. This was followed by the pounding of her fist, which brought another stream of fire coursing over the metallic body. She landed on the flat base of the pillar and as a final move, raised her right hand and foot, sending another stream of fire at the tiger. When each strike hit the target, the tiger yowled out in pain and raised a paw to claw at the legs and arms of its attacker.

Sections of its body were severely melted by the attack, resulting in the robotic beast fidgeting and stuttering in its actions. Its head twitched from side to side and steam began to rise up from the open parts of its body, where wires and gears could be seen. "S-system er-error. . . system. . . system. . . malfunctionnnn," the tiger spoke, its voice fading as it shut down. The red of its optics dulled out and the beast's limbs became rigid, until it started rattling and shaking violently in place. Hearing this, Kanix went wide-eyed and darted down the pillar to keep herself away from the possibly exploding feline. Just as she did so, the creature detonated into a bunch of shrapnel that scattered around and fell to the ground. Some of the debris pierced into her back, causing her to keel over and reveal tiny mounts of metal on her bare back.

She bit back the pain and straightened herself up, in which it would become more noticeable that her bone necklace was no longer around her neck. Her bosom was completely exposed to the only male in the vicinity that could even rectify something of that nature. Ancalagon, noticing the pain that his master was in, instantly went over to nuzzle his beak into her side carefully. This caused a small bounce to Kanix that jiggled her breasts that would likely entrance any man that saw them move. Gritting her teeth, she smacked the beak of her Thunderbird away, where she gained a pained screech in return. It was quickly followed by Ancalagon moving behind her and beginning to pull out the small bits of metal from her back. Relief quickly washed over her when she felt the pieces being removed from her skin, even though that was quite painful.

"There's a pattern to this job, Mashyuu; I figured it out," the woman begin, unaware that she was even topless in the first place. "It's based off of the Chinese Four Symbols, each representing the directions north, east, south, and west. We defeated the Black Tortoise, which is north, first, then we defeated the White Tiger of the West, next should be the Vermillion bird of the South, and last should be the Azure Dragon of the East." She didn't know if that was actually the pattern that they were going to go in, but that was her guess as to which way. Kanix hopped back onto the Thunderbird and offered her hand to Mashyuu in order to lift him up onto the bird. However, if he didn't want to ride because of his motion sickness, she wouldn't force him to get back onto him. "So, let's kick some bird ass, Mashyuu because I'm totally down with annihilating this job and returning to the laboratory."

@Mashyuu , 14,012 words total , notes

Last edited by Kanix Laspor on 4th June 2016, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 3rd June 2016, 9:08 pm

At some point Kanix had lost her necklace that had covered her up and the Earth Wizard hadn't noticed until he moved away from the wall and she sprang into action. Mashyuu's jaw dropped and he did his best to stay focused on the task at hand but it was nearly impossible for the Earth Wizard to focus on anything other than watching her. Hell he didn't even noticed the Tiger exploding and falling to pieces everywhere.

Kanix cried out in pain from metal ripping into her back but it was a muted sound to Mashyuu as his blood pumped to hard for the man to hear anything. After she spoke and he realized that she was telling him something he managed to pick his jaw up off the ground and muttered. "Right, directions.. Dragon. We can handle that..." Mashyuu picked up some dirt from the side of the path they were on and rubbed it over the wounds on his hard body. The dirt lit up and his wounds sealed shut in the process.

He bent his body and allowed for his muscles to ripple in the hot sun while his blue eyes scanned for Kanix's necklace. Slowly he picked it up and considered for a moment not giving it back to Kanix but thought better against it. Slowly he walked up to her while she reached for his hand atop her pet. Mashyuu placed the necklace in her hand and climbed atop the bird. "Damn tiger ripped my shirt up." He muttered and pressed himself against Kanix while she guided the bird back the way they came.

Mashyuu didn't say a word about the fact that he had seen her topless figuring they were both adults and didn't need to say a word. When the group went to the next path Mashyuu noticed how hot it was. One could actually see the heat rising from the ground while they moved. Off in the distance was a giant birds nest with a Flaming Bird sitting atop it. Mashyuu slid off the Thunder Bird from fear of being thrown from the back of the bird again. The heat of the stone platform was terrible, almost burning Mashyuu's shoes in the process. Sweat rolled down Mashyuu's face and body, evaporating before it ever hit the ground. The massive Fire Bird spoke in a female's voice as it's head moved to face the Wizards. "You are the one's who have been causing such a mess of the land? Surely you must be looking for the Dragon. Alas I cannot let you leave. So we must fight, and you must die. Prepare yourself!" It called out and swiftly took to the sky as if the gravity couldn't possibly effect it like it did everything else.

With each flap of the monsters wings, fire sprayed and fell to the floor. Mashyuu scanned the area and found a large rock sitting in the nest. He pointed his left index finger at the stone and called it over to float in front of his finger while taking aim at the bird. "Rock Bullet!" He shouted and fired the stone through the sky, into the right wing of the Fire Bird in an attempt to drop it out of the sky. The bird cried out in pain then scowled at the Wizards. "Ring of Fire!" It called out and around Mashyuu a massive wall of fire burst into the air, burning the Wizard for simply being close to it. Mashyuu swore under his breath and called for the Dark One to appear next to him. The creature scowled at Mashyuu for bringing it to a terrible place. "Try to teleport!" He ordered it and the Dark One vanished , only to appear next to Kanix. When it left Mashyuu sighed with relief and vanished in a puff of smoke, appearing under the Bird. Under him the ground formed into a fist and rose up to take aim at the Fire Bird. "Earth Dragons Stone Fist!" he called out. As the stone flew high into the air Mashyuu grinned and called up more magical energy, directing it to the stone fist. "Secret Art: Earth Dragons Exploding Spike!"

The fist soared right past the bird then a spike jutted out, catching the Fire Bird in the neck and exploded. The Bird cried out in sudden pain as it fell to the floor in a loud crash. "Kanix end it quick!" Mashyuu shouted while looking back at Kainx. He hadn't noticed it at the time, but his pants had burned up in the ring of fire and all that remained where his boxer shorts that were a silk red. Mashyuu went to face the bird again when he was caught by a massive fire ball, exploding on impact with Mashyuu's side it sent him sailing past Kanix and crashing in an unmoving heap on the ground.

Word Total: 14,845

Last edited by Mashyuu on 4th June 2016, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 4th June 2016, 8:11 pm

Holy fire burns again

She had expected to feel the calloused, working hand of Mashyuu grip hers, but instead, sharp bones stabbed at her. This was when it dawned on her that her necklace had fallen off her when Ancalagon had been pulled down to his side. Kanix gripped the necklace tightly in her hand, then put it back over her head, letting it fall to its normal place. Meanwhile, Mashyuu had clambered onto Ancalagon and they started moving again, back down the pathway they had come. A well-defined body was pressed up against hers and she stiffened for a second, only to recognize that it was him. He made a small comment of how the tiger had ripped up his shirt and she could only laugh at the menial mentioning. "If you had liked that shirt so much, perhaps you shouldn't have been wearing it in the first place," Kanix stated.

It didn't take them long to return to the clearing where the paths diverged into four other paths: one to the East, West, and South, and one leading back to the laboratory. She didn't have to tell Ancalagon which one to go down, as he had instinctively turned down the path that would lead them south. However, as they traveled along this pathway, the woman began to notice that the heat was rising in temperature. Soon enough, she was sweating and wondering what was the reason behind the intense heat down this passage. Nothing alluded to there being anything volatile to them; nothing that would cause them any harm from what she could tell. What she didn't realize though was that they were upon the Vermillion bird's nest, where the bird, itself, roosted. Kanix did feel Mashyuu slide off from Ancalagon though, resulting her reconnecting her vision with her pet to look around.

Her eyes landed upon the phoenix and Mashyuu as they conversed with each other, only to watch as a ring of fire enveloped him. Kanix curled her hands tightly into fists, even gripping the feathers of her pet harshly into the palms of her hands. Mashyuu fired back with a rock bullet, but it ached in her bones to run over to him and heal the burns now over his body. It didn't help the fact that his pants had been burned off in the process, which made her chuckle a little at the sight. Yet, here she was, resting on the back of her bird when she should have been out there helping the Sabertooth mage. Shaking her head, she followed the movements of the two fighting beings, switching between the bird and her lover. Gritting her teeth, thoughts whizzed through her mind as she tried to decide what she was going to do about this.

As the battle continued, Kanix barely heard Mashyuu call out to her to finish it off, as she was still planning things. She remembered how the jacket could fire off a single bolt of lightning and he hadn't taken it back from her yet. Quickly, the woman shifted her single eye back to the Vermillion bird and she raised her arm, releasing the bolt. It blasted straight into the chest of the phoenix, causing the bird to release a pained cry and fall unconscious onto its back. "Three down, one more to go!" she stated in a happy tone to Mashyuu, reaching out her hand again to help him back up onto Ancalagon. Once he was settled comfortably, she urged her beast to turn around and head back to the clearing of the diverging paths. The heat of the pathway had toned down since the defeat of the phoenix, so she wasn't sweating as badly and as was rather content.

When they had come back to the five paths, she urged Ancalagon to go down the fifth of them that led to the east. This was far more peaceful than all of the other ones that they had gone down, and even prettier at that. It was almost as if walking through an enchanted forest, where one could meet their fairy godmother and mystical creatures. However, the path soon ended and before them was a crystalline lake, sparkling in the sunlight that shone overhead. Beyond that, an elongated beast rested on a small island at the center, silently watching the squad of mages and pets. As her pet stopped at the shoreline, it was then that the Azure Dragon had climbed down from its roost and swam across the lake to them. She blinked and watched its snake-like body slither through the water, never exactly breaking the surface.

"Distance tests a horse's strength. Time reveals a person's character," the dragon riddled as he walked onto the shore. "A moment of patience can prevent a great disaster and a moment of impatience can ruin a whole life."

Kanix blinked her eye and stared in silence as the beast riddled off words that she didn't quite grasp in that feeble mind of hers. "Your riddles are meaningless to me unless you can speak them in the language that I know," she retorted to the dragon.

"Do not fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you," he responded to her with a sly smile. "What you do not wish for yourself, do not do others." It swept its tail around and curled into a snake-like ball.

"I don't understand what you're trying to tell me, so if this is how you're going to treat your guests, then I call upon the Dragon of the North, Draco, come forth!" Kanix called out. Shimmering in front of her came a visage of a metallic-looking dragon, standing just shorter than the massive bird she rode. It's tail was long and sweeping, and it's body slender, yet menacing as it bared its fangs at its master's assailant. The first of its attack was that of hardening the armor of its tail and swinging it straight for the legs of the Azure dragon.

"He who strikes the first blow admits he's lost the argument," the dragon replied, opening its mouth to release a blue flame.

In response to the attack, Dragon had hardened its wings and flared them out, standing in front of his master to protect her and her companions. It would then launch itself back at the other dragon and slam one of its hardened wings into the dragon's side.

@Mashyuu , 15,912 words total , notes
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 4th June 2016, 9:30 pm

Mashyuu watched as Kanix stood up and launched a thunder flash from his jacket straight into the Fire Bird that had blasted Mashyuu in the back with an intense fire ball. It was all he could do to take the brunt of the attack and keep himself standing as Kanix finished off the beast. Weakly Mashyuu headed back to the side of the beauty and let her pull him up to the bird. Now holding close to Kanix and resting his head on her shoulder while he tried to catch his breath he whispered. "Not gonna lie. When I thought about undressing in front of you it was in a much sexier way. Not getting my clothes burned off..." There was a light tone to his voice, trying to keep things as light as possible so Kanix wouldn't feel like he was as hurt as he was.

Truth be told Mashyuu could actually count how many times he was in that much pain on one hand but the idea of letting Kanix know that was not something Mashyuu wanted to entertain. He swallowed hard as the group traveled down a beautiful path that reminded him of his first job in Sabertooth where he was lured into a realm where his best friend and his last love were killed and turned into zombies. The thought was sobering to him and made the Slayer slightly depressed. He closed his eyes and felt a series of small tears roll down his face and neck. It wasn't until he spotted the dragon that his instincts kicked in. While Kanix conversed with the beast Mashyuu's instinct to kill the monster started to take over his body. He heard the riddles and understood them, something that didn't happen often for the Earth Slayer but it didn't matter.

Mashyuu snarled at the beast while his ring warned him to use caution, that was until Kanix decided she too wasn't about to wait for the Dragon to attack first. Suddenly a second Dragon spirit came into view and Mashyuu glared at it for a moment, until he realized it was a spell Kanix had cast. He watched as the two fought and Mashyuu started to eat the ground under him with abandon while Kanix engaged the Dragon with Rocky and Ancalagon at her sides, laying into the beast while the spirit dragon engaged as well. By the time the Spirit dragon had been taken down and Rocky was laying at the foot of the massive beast of a dragon Mashyuu had ate a six foot long path of stone that was at least a foot deep.

Perfectly spiked brown hair shot out in a shocked wave while fangs jutted from Mashyuu's lips and his skin grew hard scales. His normally short and pointed fingernails lanced out a few inches and the world around him seemed to become a tunneled world where only he and the dragon existed. He didn't know why the Dragon Force was effecting him this way but he assumed it was because of the dragon. That very Dragon seemed to sense what was happening and summoned up a soul version of itself that rushed Kanix and Ancalagon. Without even considering what was happening Mashyuu roared in anger and spit up massive stones that fell around him. It was as if he was getting closer and closer to using his Dragon's Roar that he had been practicing for some time now. The stones around Mashyuu that he had just spit up exploded into smaller slabs and slammed into his body, creating a thick armor to protect himself. The Wizard rushed forward as the already injured Dragon flew at the Slayer and created a spiritual set of fangs and launched them at Mashyuu. The Earthen Wizard planted his palm into the ground and caused a stone wall to spring up under his hand and throw him high into the air. Without saying a word Mashyuu pointed at the ground under the Spirit dragon and forced a long, thin spike into it's tail, causing the Dragon to stop in it's tracks. Mashyuu grinned ear to ear and watched the spike explode and rip the Dragon's flesh to shreds.

To counter the Dragon took a deep breath and let loose a flame hotter than that of the Fire Birds. As fire enveloped Mashyuu he placed four stone pillars up around him, splitting the flames to avoid being burned to a crisp. Still the heat hurt and burned Mashyuu through his armor of stone. When the fire cleared the four stone pillars that were around Mashyuu had turned to glass and stood proudly in the air. Mashyuu however already had a spell ready to go, launching a stone fist into the Dragon's jaw, rocking it backwards while a spiritual claw slashed through Mashyuu's armor and spilled blood all over the floor. Mashyuu felt a sickening wave wash over him. The blood he lost was more than he wanted to admit to but the Dragon had to die, that was when he could rest.

As the Dragon nearly stumbled into the water Mashyuu raised up both hands and slammed them together just as Kanix launched a wave of fire into it's chest. Stones flew up and pulled the Dragon under ground fire and all, crushing the beast and burning it at the same time. A few moments later the ground spewed up the dragon as it exploded in a bright light. In it's place two orbs of magical power floated to Kanix and Mashyuu respectively and formed into powerful weapons that would benefit each of them greatly.

Mashyuu glanced over at Kanix with a smirk on his face and gave his love a thumbs up while all four of the Wizards and pets faded away in a bright light and found themselves standing back in front of the scientists labs. When asked where their weapons came from and what was on the path way Mashyuu couldn't seem to remember. The only thing that he did know was that Kanix had admitted something he knew all along. That night after being patched up by the scientists Mashyuu walked hand in hand with Kanix, his jacket back on his shoulders and a set of baggy white pants on his legs. At the edge of the forest under the stars Mashyuu stopped and kissed Kanix on the lips with a burning passion while Rocky and Ancalagon gave the two privacy until the morning...

Word Total at end of job: 16,992

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 8:53 am