The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Share
    avatar
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Staff Quiz- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player-
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 10th February 2016, 2:31 am

    Job Description:

    Job Title:
    The Balance Core
    (One Time Only)

    Rank:
    B-Rank

    Player Requirements:
    B Rank(s)
    OR
    2x Or More C Ranks
    OR
    A Mix of Ranks
    Maximum 6 Players

    Job Requirements:
    12,000 words minimum
    +3,000 words per player, if in a group
    Kill all 4 bosses in order they're listed

    Job Location:
    Divide Island

    Job Description:
    An island surrounded by mystery and rumor.
    Scientists only being able to inspect certain places, but never the middle...
    Strange sounds from underwater scans...
    The presence of extremely high magic power being felt...

    Divide Island is the focus of this mission. A group of scientists are hiring you to go in and find the source of this magic power they're sensing, and retrieve it for them. They require than only wizards go on this task, noting that a single mediocre conjurer of cheap tricks would not suffice.

    Upon arriving to the area, there is 1 single path that you can take. Upon trying to fly, you're immediately shot down to the ground regardless of how high in rank you are. Trying to tunnel through the earth, or take any other option besides this path results in failure as well. This path will take you along the outer edge of the island before coming to a point where you can go through a very narrow path, into a lush green area in the middle. The bosses can be summed at any point in the job, and do no need to be rolled. Any "Boss" roll from the dice can either summon the boss, or be converted into 2x Strong Rank, 4x Normal Rank, or 8x Weak Rank enemies.


    Along this path, the mages will face several automated creations that seem to be older than magic itself, but at the same time, appears that these creations aren't that far from the golems, and magic sentries of this age. A true testament to how advanced the civilization was, or how out dated modern magic was.


    Weak: Totem Head x10
    A single stone structure that appears to be a piece of a totem pole. It is able to fire unlimited shots of magic at you that is non-elemental. These deal B Rank melee damage. It can also explode if it gets close, which deals B Rank magic damage to all withing 10 meters. Luckily, they all go down in a single hit of any rank due to being so old that their power has decayed considerably.


    Normal: Mechanical Birds x30
    A flurry of stone birds, perfectly detailed to look almost real. They fly stupid fast, and attack in rapid succession. It takes either 30 attacks of any rank to beat them all, or 1 B Rank or Higher AoE. The birds normally flock and attack 1 person (the highest rank) so it's not that hard to blast em.


    Strong: Tiger Automation
    A 4 foot tall, 9 foot long, 2 foot wide tiger made of stone. It seems to be just as vicious as other tigers, and will require quite a bit of hassle to defeat. ((no specification on HP for it as the player will be given freedom of RP to make the fight fun.))


    Boss 1: Black Tortoise
    On the North side of the island is a single Black Tortoise that seems to be unafraid of you entirely. It approaches you, asking your business, and demands you fight it before you're allowed to continue. It attacks with Earth magic that cannot be consumed by any kind of slayer. The tortoise is also able to summon earth golems to fight for it, as well as earth spikes if players get too close.

    Boss 2: White Tiger
    On the west side of the island is a single 10 foot tall, 20 foot long, and 4 foot wide massive White Tiger. Much like the Tortoise, it will speak with you before having you fight it. The tiger uses Metal based attacks, and is extremely fast. It's metal magic cannot be consumed by any kind of slayer.

    Boss 3: Phoenix
    On the South side is a large, 20 foot long phoenix with a 40 foot wingspan. As with all the bosses, it will speak with you before entering a battle. The bird attacks with Fire magic that can't be consumed by players, and when defeated will erupt into flames, and rise from its own ashes. Instead of making you fight it again, the bird will simply let you pass as you've been kind enough to give it a very good fight.

    Boss 4: Soul Dragon
    On the east side is a large clearing with a pristine lake that stretches for an incredible distance. A large dragon rests on a small island in the middle of it and upon you noticing it, will walk through the lake and speak to you. It speaks in proverbs, giving you cryptic messages instead of straight answers. The dragon said it will provide you a single piece of somewhat powerful weaponry, in exchange for your secrecy but only if you can win a fight with him. The dragon uses soul magic, and is able to summon anything you can imagine and then some. It can also breathe fire, and attack with its claws, tail, and teeth. The fire can only be consumed by Soul Slayers, and deals melee damage.

    Upon defeating the dragon, you'll be given one of the most powerful weapon in existence. As soon as you get back to the scientists who took you here, your memory of the island and all in it will be wiped by a mysterious force.

    Reward:
    Aside from Normal job XP

    1x Legendary Weapon
    Job Request:  Here



    Port at the Neutral Grounds
    Anastasia had found a job on the job listing and spoke with a couple of the scientists, the clients for this job, and she had received the briefing on the job.  Apparently there is a path within the island that has some anti-air batteries and there are some anti-ground defenses as well.  Unfortunately, that is the limit to their knowledge.  What they actually want from Anastasia and her crew is to find out the source of the massive amount of magic from within Divide Island.  Before accepting the job, however, Anastasia was firmly warned by the scientists that a strong magical presence like the one that was detected had to be something extremely dangerous.  Anastasia simply gave the scientists a big grin and a nod to them.  She was more than sure that if scientists were so worried about a strong presence like that, that danger would be right around the corner.

    A little curtsy was given to the scientists before she turned away and began her walk towards the S.S. Myrmidon.  Clearing her throat, she walked with a purpose towards the massive airship.  Merchants and locals knew Anastsia for doing business with them for electronic parts; care of the Isayev Heavy Industries.  The Heavy Industries did a lot of legitimate and shady business with the men and women who called the Neutral Grounds their home.  Orders ranging from standard circuitry and silicon to more complex and hard-to-find objects like Dendrion Crystals which power a lot of the Heavy Industry's weapons development, which is obtained in less-than-legal methods.  Pirating from other planets through the Wakusei Portal is one of the ways the materials needed are obtained, keeping the pockets of the privateers thick.  

    Greetings from the local citizenry went unanswered as she walked towards the shipping deck of the S.S. Myrmidon.  She spoke to the deckmaster, ordering them to release anchor to the mooring points on the launch pad.  Walking up the ramp into the ship, Anastasia continued walking through the crew quarters, through the war room, and straight up to the bridge.  She whispered something to the command console before it lit on it's own and set a course for the Divided Islands.  The cargo hatch that Anastasia came through closed and all other ports were closed.  She certainly hoped that the crew of the Myrmidon were ready for their next mission.  While still up on the bridge, she used one of the communication pipes that lined the bridge and walked over to one marked "crew rest area" and flipped open the lid and spoke into it.

    "Attention: Team Four Star.  We have a job, please arrive at the war room in 5 minutes for the briefing," she stated into the tube before pulling her head back from the tube and letting the flap close shut.  This is something she had to talk to her team about and to let them know.  The Myrmidon, or better known as George, will have to take a back-seat on this job due to the heavy anti-air defenses built into the island.  It was strange that a mystical cove had a form of anti-air defense.  Perhaps whatever it was hiding was something extremely valuable.  A little tickle went up her spine, thinking of taking whatever it was within and keeping it for the team.  A pirating itch ran over her.  Oh, it felt exhilarating!

    Anastasia looked at a little amulet in her pocket for a moment and grumbled.  It seemed that the weapons and armor she made blue-prints for and had developing weren't yet finished.  A grunt of annoyance and impatience came from her throat with a stamp of her foot.  The research and development have already been handled; all that was left was assembly and fine-tuning.  Anastasia had already given them the specifications that she desired when it comes to the handling of the armor, the sensitivity of the armor's controls and how the weapons should work.  For a tough job like this one, she could use every bit of strength she could muster.  While she still had time remaining, Anastasia turned towards the AI console.  "Be swift about it, but make the ride safe," she simply stated before walking off of the bridge, closing the door behind her.

    The aircraft began to lift off of the ground with the large balloons carrying the ship skyward.  The roar of the aircraft's engines propelled the vessel forward before ultimately turning around while making it's way towards the Divided Island.  Walking down the stairs from the Bridge, she made her way into the crew quarters hallway to which she stopped by her room and closed the door behind her.  She began to undress from her usual frilly dress to something more appropriate to combat.  It was quite similar to her frilly dress, but her outfit had a single piece that covered her torso and legs for free movement as well as another blue 'coat' that came down in tails behind her back.  Suiting up, Anastasia moved her hand up to her head and removed the Nyanplifiers and placed it in her night-stand.  Afterward, she left her room and made her way to the War Room.

    Upon entering the War Room, she took her spot at the front podium in order to address the members of Team Four Star of the job ahead.  However, her job right now is to wait for the rest of the team to assemble in order to brief them.    


    WC:  914 / 21000 Total
    OOC Note:  Guys, we have to meet the 21000 WC goal as a group.   
    Yeah, the posts in the beginning will be short, but when we get to the thick of the job, we need to ramp up that word count so we can finish this swiftly and effectively
    And most of all, have fun guys!


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    avatar
    Almyra Bys

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Banana- 1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Posts : 667
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 21
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 25
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5
    Brownie Points : 3

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Chaos Theory
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Almyra Bys on 10th February 2016, 3:28 pm

    During the journey to the neutral grounds, Almyra would be nowhere to be found. Throughout the time Anastasia was meeting with people and looking for a job, Almyra would be nowhere to be found. Even in the crew quarters and other areas, Almy was nowhere to be found. She wouldn't get ready to meet in the war room, as she wouldn't hear the announcement made in the crew quarters, since she was not there. She would go unfound until someone stepped into the war room, at which point they would see the girl lying inside... unconscious... on the war room table... surrounded by a mess of papers covered with complex mathematical formulae, fractal drawings, and various scribbles that only those with extremely extensive knowledge of theoretical mathematics would understand.

    The girl had occupied the war room since it had the biggest space with which she could spread out to do her work, and had gotten a bit carried away on the journey, and forgot to stop before they reached the war room. The empowered mental state normally brought about sickness and confusion after she came down from it of her own volition, but upon entering the neutral grounds, it was suddenly cut off from her with rather unpleasant consequences. She blacked out where she was, unable to get the chance to clean up her mess. So she was left lying unconscious... on the table... surrounded by papers. She didn't wake up when Ana entered, nor would she when Nao and Ashe did. It may be best for someone to poke her, or shake her... with any luck that might wake her, though if that didn't work, more drastic measures may be required. For now though, she was asleep, but clearly alive and breathing... and drooling. There was a small puddle of saliva around the corner of her mouth that was pressed on the table. She had no dreams during this slumber, due to its cause it was more like being knocked out than simply falling asleep.

    1250/21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Character|Magic|Bank

    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:

    Skyllon

    Moar Skyllon

    Raven
    avatar
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- The Sacred- Ninja- Player -
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 26
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Nao on 10th February 2016, 5:23 pm

    ”God dammit!” A loud shout would have been audible from the crew cabins, as a table was flipped. The sound came from Nao’s quarters, as once again it seemed that the Ocular mage would lose again to his pet gryphon. Charlie had managed to get him in a pincer move in what was known as the “lawn mower” technique, though Nao was beginning to think it would be renamed to the Nao mower. This was definitely not a technique that the mage was really happy about, but as per usual the higher ELO would prove to be better. Maybe it was the fact they were stationed in the neutral grounds, and Nao’s mind was getting afflicted by the non-magical effect the area had. He could not use his photographic memory, he couldn’t zoom in, and most of all it was effecting his ability to think tactically. Even when he was outside where he felt the most at home, it was a real problem for him to actually work out what to do with him. After all this time spent here in the neutral ground, Nao couldn’t find a way to combat the effect it was having on his brain.

    But that totally wasn’t just an excuse to the fact he lost in chess to a lion-eagle… right?

    Ana had been gone for a little while, something about talking to scientists in the Neutral grounds. He didn’t really like talking to scientists who didn’t use magic, because they felt they were either superior because of their non-magical prowess, or they were just so against using magic to prove or disprove science, and science and magic never really seemed to work together besides magi-tech. But magi-tech was cheating the system, and an abomination to all the laws of opposition. It would be like saying fire and water would be able to match to make vapour, or shadows apparently. Shadow magic being made of combining fire and water? How dumb would that be?!

    The mage would continue to sit there, picking up the pieces of the chess set, before he would be able to hear Ana begin to speak through the comm relay, booming out loudly over the recreation area, and cabins. This would cause Nao to jump, making it look like he would jump to attention, despite the only other being in his room would be the large gryphon perched awkwardly on a chair. He had better find a way to install an actual place for Charlie to sit.

    Nao would make sure that he looked somewhat presentable to the rest of the crew, turning his messy hair into something of some shape. He didn’t want it all stuck up like a super saiyan, and he didn’t want it like he had hat hair either. Just as long as it looked decent then it wouldn’t matter.

    As the ship began to take off, the mage would hold on to the bed post for a moment, as he regained his balance before making his way towards the war room. It would be a couple minute trip from where he was, especially where he had to hold the door for his pet. He would have to bring up to Ana about installing gryphon flaps for the doors in the place. Maybe attach something onto Charlie so that the doors opened for him when he was near. Nao understood the security that was needed in case of a breach by either human or xeno forces, but his pet still needed to travel.

    George’s war room would be the destination, as the mage arrived to see Ana waiting at the top of the room, as a very sleepy Almyra decided to cover the table as if she had been waiting all this time, and just got bored. Out of all the mages he had encountered, she was definitely the strangest one with the scariest potential so far. But if there were other kinds of mages out there, then how scary could they actually get? Were slayers this scary? What about people with other lost magic’s, or people who could summon eldritch creatures from the deep dark.

    ”Hey Ana are you seeing this?” he would say, pointing at the girl who was drooling across everything that was on the table. Pens, paper, everything that was on the table would soon be swallowed by the dribble of the sleeping girl. ”Anyway we’re flying off from the Neutral Grounds right? Thank goodness… It was beginning to make feel just a little nauseous, and I’m not sure if was from the lack of being able to use magic, or the smell the place seemed to have.” Weird chemical, and technological smells were making him feel a little queasy.

    He would wait for Ashe to arrive on the scene, before directing his next question to the woman who seemed to be in a new get up. Was she shopping around in the Neutral Ground while they were sitting there idly by, as Nao was losing again and again at chess?

    ”Alright then Ana, where are we going with the ship? Have we got a new mission to do?”
    Nao was pretty quick on answering questions, but he was really excited to get going. His pet would take notice of how eager his owner was, and would emulate the exact kind of excitement through his movements. It was good to actually have someone who could finally understand the complexities of the Ocular mage, and how he acted.

    WC: 2165/ 21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    avatar
    Kamsa

    1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Corruption of the Ancients
    Position : None
    Posts : 128
    Guild : Guildless Green
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1650

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Ruler
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Kamsa on 12th February 2016, 1:14 am

    "Look at you! Aren't you just the prettiest behemoth?" Ashe cooed as she set down a mirror for her recently groomed pet. While Ashe had spent the majority of the time they were docked catching up on some reading, Ban had spent the same amount of time rolling through dust, terrorizing small animals, and leading animal control on a wild goose chase through several factory floors. Just about everything short of actually swimming in a vat of oil really.

    The beast huffed indignantly at her choice of words and jumped on her bed, tossing about and making a mess of the linens in the process.

    "All right all right, I obviously meant you were the handsomest behemoth, right?"

    Ban paused, shooting her a look.

    "Strongest? Bravest? Most intimidating?"

    Mollified, he grunted in approval and hopped down, strutting over to the mirror and posing proudly in front of it.

    "Oh, one more thing. You forgot your bandage-my apologies, war medal. How silly of me." She reached over and stuck the X-shaped patch on the side of Ban's head, then admired her handiwork.

    "Yes, you are indeed the greatest behemoth to have ever lived. Now, get along and don't get all dirty again. We can't have you tracking footprints all over Ana's ship. And stay away from the Tesla Ark! You remember what happened last time!"

    You coddle that beast far too much. Back in my day a pet monster such as that would be trained properly, if not hunted down and slain in the first place.

    "Stuff it Vendrick, you're just annoyed that Ban makes the dogs you had seem drab and wretched by comparison. Besides, I'm Ban's mother now. It's my job to spoil him."

    Hmph. I still maintain those hunters had the right idea. The ghost king muttered, adding something about 'dogs at least listening to their masters' under his breath, the petulant tone indicating that, as usual, Ashe had hit the nail on the head.

    Fortunately for Vendrick's pride Anastasia's voice came through over the intercom, followed shortly by the Myrmidon's engines kicking in. The entire team was wanted in the war room it seemed, likely to plan for the upcoming job now that Ana had returned with the specifics of what they had been hired for. The job listing itself had been rather vague, insisting that those who took up the challenge come in person to the Neutral Grounds for a thorough briefing on what the client wanted.

    Ashe reached the war room in short order, finding a rather disheveled looking Nao pointing at the unconscious body of Almyra draped across the table amidst a disaster zone of stationary and a considerable amount of drool. Ashe promptly made an about-face and headed straight to the kitchen, retrieving a washcloth and a pitcher of water. She made it halfway to the war-room before she stopped and reconsidered, returning instead with a large towel and several glasses while her Ghost Half followed with the pitcher.

    Even the towel could hardly sop up the prodigious pond of saliva the dark-skinned girl had spawned, but it got the job done, albeit barely. Ashe had her Ghost Half carry it off to the laundry while she took the pitcher and poured a glass of water, shaking Almyra awake.

    "Come Almyra, time to get up. Everybody is waiting for you," she said softly. In contrast to Nao, who seemed to be nervous towards Almyra lately, Ashe found it hard not to be at ease around her. She was actually several months older than Ashelia herself, and yet situations like this made her seem years younger. Much like with Ban, Ashe often found herself feeling downright motherly towards the girl. Well, when she wasn't paying attention, anyway.

    She wet a washcloth and dabbed away the remaining drool off Almyra's face and kept the glass ready in case she woke up. One could hardly hold a meeting on a dry throat right? That said, Ashe turned her attention towards Ana. If time was an issue they could always begin as-is and fill Almyra in when she came to.


    WC: 2848/21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Staff Quiz- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player-
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 12th February 2016, 12:56 pm


    "You know, I don't understand any of the math she had on the papers in front of her," she said.  She has a very firm understanding of engineering and physics; with that a firm understanding of mathematics.  What she saw on the table wasn't something she had seen before.  It seemed way too complex and the formula (one of them anyway) seemed like the answer to all of life; only if it ended in 42.  It seemed completely foreign to her, even with her relatively high intellect.  Maybe Almyra was hiding something?  Perhaps for another time.

    Her eyes noticed Ashelia enter after Nao only to leave and return with glasses, a towel, and a pitcher of water.  They were all given some water and Ashelia began to awaken Almyra.  "Well, while sleepy head is being awakened, I'll begin.  As you know, we came here because I was given leads by my father about a job lead.  I went and spoke with the clients and, indeed, we have a job to do.  We are currently going towards a place called 'The Divided Island'.  Apparently this place was created a long time ago and it looked like it was cut in half.  Nobody knows why.  While we are there, we are to go find the large magical reading that the scientists have found inside of the island," she began to explain before clearing her throat, making sure everyone had their attention on the briefing.

    "This time, we'll have to leave George behind on the job.  On this path we are forced to take, there are anti-air defenses that have been known to shoot down airships.  I don't know about you, but I'd rather not get George blown to bits.  They also have anti-tunneling defenses too, so we can't dig underground.  Not that any of us are at all proficient at doing that in the first place.  What I want to stress is, since there is a very large magical presence, we need to be careful.  Very careful.  There might be something there that could potentially kill us all," she continued on with her explanation.  

    "While we are there, our main objective is to seek out and detect the large menacing source of magic is.  But, ya know, we'll most likely try to destroy it because that's just how we are," she said with a slight chuckle.  If it comes to pass that the 4 needed to fight, she had full confidence that the four could handle themselves.  If only her father and the engineers would finish building her new weapons.  "We have about 2 hours before arriving at the Divided Island, so please make your preparations properly.  We'll most likely be going against something ancient, if the pattern of all jobs thus far are true," she said with a slight groan.  If only there was a job they could do that only involved using brains and wits instead of mindless battles.  These jobs are kind of a bore in that manner.  "For now, you're all dismissed," she said before taking a deep breath out.  She wasn't looking forward to doing this job in the slightest while underprepared.  

    Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a communications lacrima and pressed a button to dial Isayev Heavy Industries.  After dialing, she put the lacrima up to her ear and began to speak into it.  "Father, how far along are you guys on the equipment I designed?"

    "Well, we've run into a little complication in the formulas you put down."

    "Well, fix it.  I'm going to need it on this job I'm about to enter.  You guys have 2 hours to get it done.  Seriously, stop screwing around," she said over the lacrima.  Her anger began to rise as it became plainly evident on her face.  "You guys have had a couple weeks to build it.  You all have the proper equipment and materials and you got hung up on a stupid formula?  What is it?" she asked before the other end sent her an image of the paper.  

    "Damnit, whoever did this screwed up on the third step.  Change it to.." she said before her voice vanished into mathematical jargon that the author of this post doesn't understand, but for simplicity-sake, just know that Anastasia knows what she's talking about.  

    "Well, crap.  Alright, that changed everything," her father stated.  "Alright, give us 2 hours and we should have your stuff completed," her father said before hanging up.  When her father talks, he's so wimpy about anything he speaks of.  While he is the CEO of Isayev Heavy Industries, Anastasia seemed to act like the real leader of the corporation.  Anastasia placed the communications lacrima into her pocket and looked around.  If anyone watched her little conversation with her father, she simply shrugged her shoulders and laughed.  

    "Gotta run a business right?  Well, if you guys need to rest, now's the time to do it," she simply stated.  Without saying another word, she walked out of the War Room and returned to her quarters only to sit upon her bed.  She reached into her nightstand to grab the nyanplifiers and placed it upon her head; music began to sound from the speakers.  Gentle and soothing music.  She felt like listening to this song:







    WC:  3726 / 21000 Total
    OOC Note:  


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    avatar
    Almyra Bys

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Banana- 1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Posts : 667
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 21
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 25
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5
    Brownie Points : 3

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Chaos Theory
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Almyra Bys on 12th February 2016, 3:08 pm

    As Almyra's body was shaken, the girl stirred a bit, moaning drowsily. She felt something cool and moist on her face, wiping off the bit of drool on it. She started to push herself up, muttering "Tim-my?". Her eyes were still closed as she got onto her knees on the table. She had, rather instinctively, asked for her sister, since she was generally the only one who would wake her and clean her face when she had passed out working on something.

    Her eyelids slowly shuttered open as she heard another voice behind her. She looked around, confused. Where was her sister? Wasn't she the one who had woken her up? As her magic returned due to leaving the Neutral Grounds, the cloudiness on her mind began to fade. As the fog was lifted, more memories of her sister came forward, bringing the pain of her loss back to the front of her mind. She looked around at her friends, Ana was talking to someone with a lacrima now. Ashe was holding a glass of water out to her, which she took without a word, gazing at it with with her large, brown eyes a moment before she reached out to take it. She was distant, trying to keep back her tears as she drank the water, her sorrow welling up inside her.

    She finished the water and put the glass on the table next to her before climbing off. She hugged Ashe tightly, needing something to take her mind off her sister. Besides, it seemed that Ashe was the one who had awoken her, and as such deserved some thanks in the form of hugs. While Almyra didn't notice it, as she was currently busy hugging the woman who had woken her up, her ragdoll, which she had left lying on the table when she got off, moved. With one of its arms, it reached towards the girl weakly. Given what Almy was currently doing, it would be fairly obvious that she wasn't the one controlling it. Just as suddenly as the doll had begun to move, it stopped, going limp once more as Almy managed to regain her composure, but still continued to hold onto Ashe, not really noticing if she was uncomfortable or not with it. She would let go a short time after Ana left the room, looking up at Ashe with a weak smile on her face.

    4128/21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Character|Magic|Bank

    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:

    Skyllon

    Moar Skyllon

    Raven
    avatar
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- The Sacred- Ninja- Player -
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 26
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Nao on 13th February 2016, 3:30 am

    Ashe was the final one to arrive at the scene, before quickly turning around for a minute or so. She would return with a large towel, some glasses, and a pitcher that seemed to be defying the laws of any kind of physics by floating in the air in front of all of them so nonchalantly. Nao would try and not pay too much attention to the fact it was floating in mid air, and he knew Ashe said she had the ability to control… ghosts was it?

    What the f- Nao would cut off his thought of puzzlement, instead trying to think about this logically. Maybe Ashe had the ability of some psionic prowess, and was just covering it with the story of spooky ghost people? I don’t even know at this point. He would make a smile at the young woman, before waiting for her to wake up the sleepy-head.

    Almyra on the other hand, she seemed to be a little confused by the whole situation. She didn’t even seem to recognise how she ended up here, but for one thing Nao did notice that she seemed a little upset at something. Maybe it was just from being woken up, and she was just feeling a little grumpy from all the drowsiness. It was surely just that right?

    He would listen to Ana talk, noticing out the corner of his eye that the doll that the Chaos Theorist had with her seemed to be acting… on its own for a bit? It would drop suddenly, and lie motionless as it once was. What the hell was even going on here on this ship? Was it haunted? Because these were the signs showing that George was haunted. He was on a ghost ship, and he was probably going to end up in the Great Davey Jones’ Locker in the sky.

    Anyway as Nao listened he began to understand the basic gist of the mission. They had to go to some island, avoid all the anti-everything systems that they have in place, and destroy some object that these scientists couldn’t get to? Seemed like it was a more or less simple task for them, seeing as they were pretty good at going to places, and wrecking up the place…

    That was all there was to it, so it seemed. Ana would receive a call on a lacrima, which she would take, and start shouting at someone down it as if she were calling up to someone from the ground floor of the Sky Tower. He would just use this time to slip out of the war room, and let the team focus on their own things.

    ”Guess I’ll see you all when we get there,”
    he would say as he walked out of the war room, and through the corridors of George to his quarters.

    Nao would find himself back at his quarters, with Charlie curled up on his bed asleep. He would go grab a book, and begin to do some light reading, and by light reading the Ocular Mage would just skim through a book, and learn every page by memory. This was a technique he was pretty proud of, despite all it being was just his eye magic powers.

    He would just sit and wait until they arrived there at the island, unsure of what they were to encounter at a place like that. All the while continuing to ponder of what they were to be doing, as he got up and looked out the window to the outside world. It looked so nice outside in the sunlight, but he didn’t realise soon he’d be in a cave which would be the complete opposite for most. Not Nao though, seeing as his eyes allowed him to see in any kind of light.

    4763/21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    avatar
    Kamsa

    1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Corruption of the Ancients
    Position : None
    Posts : 128
    Guild : Guildless Green
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1650

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Ruler
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Kamsa on 13th February 2016, 10:46 pm

    Based on what Ana was saying, the job didn't seem all that different from the average request. Go here, go there, uncover this, discover that, beat up this or that monster. Not enough to merit the degree of secrecy the client had gone through in bringing them all the way out to the neutral grounds before sending them on their way. Now that they had details however, things were starting to add up.

    Anti-air defenses? Magical presence? Shadow Moses? Black Project?! Metal Gear...it can't be!

    She had to shake herself out of it. After all, there was no way these scientists had uncovered the secret behind that ancient technological monstrosity. Ashe was confident she had hidden away all the REX blueprints. Surely they couldn't have developed their own...right?

    It didn't matter at any rate. The job was straightforward: land at the island, make their way to the magical presence, identify and neutralize if necessary, then return for a reward. Simple enough.

    A much more pressing concern was Almyra, who had woken up somewhat upset and was now clinging tightly to her body. Ashe of course froze immediately at the contact, her hands hovering in the air unsure of what to do. Ana was talking to her father now that the meeting had been wrapped up, and Nao had his attention focused on the doll, which was...

    Wait a god's-cursed second, is that thing moving?

    Ashe had never really given the doll much attention, seeing it as nothing more than a toy Almy had picked up along the way. Now that she focused her spirit sight on it however, she could see the soul contained within, along with the bonds tying it to Almyra. She didn't sense any hostile intent from it, so she decided to try something.

    Not wanting to disturb Almyra, Ashe slowly pet her hair while she had her Ghost Half pull the doll into contact with the dark-skinned girl. It seemed to console the trapped spirit, which implied a close relationship between the two. Seeing that, Ashe sent a resonance through her Ghost Half to the spirit.

    Later, when there is time, we will have a talk, you and I.

    She left it at that for now. Her attention was better focused on Almyra for the time being; Ana concluded her (somewhat worrying) conversation with her father and invited the team to spend the next two hours of transit how they wished, then left while Nao immediately took her up on the offer and bugged out of the room. Almyra maintained the hug for a few minutes more before releasing her, a fact that Ashe was surprisingly okay with.

    "Are you feeling alright Almyra? You seemed upset over something there, would you like to talk about it?"

    Vendrick watched it all with a smile on his face. He hadn't thought much of Almyra at first glance, seeing little more than a clumsy girl who may well have turned out to be more burden than asset. Then again, not all value could be measured so easily. If this girl could help Ashelia...well, that would be more than enough for him.



    5288/21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Staff Quiz- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player-
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 14th February 2016, 1:13 pm


    Time began ticking as their approach towards the Divided Island grew closer and closer.  Nerves began to show upon Anastasia's skin, forcing her to find a way to alleviate herself of this feeling.  Certainly, she had been on jobs that were more treacherous and terrifying than this but something about this job didn't feel right with her.  All they had to do was examine the huge magic presence and leave.  Just a simple reconnaissance mission.  No, it's far too easy for that if this job is considered a B Rank job.  Flipping her hair, Anastsaia began to disrobe and jump into the shower; which was connected to her room like every other member of Team Four Star's room.  

    Jumping in the shower, Anastasia let the water run over her face, drenching her hair and body in the process.  This is the place where her thoughts began to catch up with her.  The warm water rushed over her body, getting every centimeter soaked with the water.  As much as she would appreciate sitting here for hours, the water stocked aboard the ship was limited.  She used her lavender scented soap and shampoo to help calm her down.  She washed her entire body, letting the scent stick to her before turning off the tap.  The sound of water slowly dripping down to the shower's floor was the only thing she heard, standing there long enough to hear 2 or 3 drops, spread about 3 seconds apart, splash down.  

    2 hours later...
    A call came from the bridge over the intercomm system.  

    ~We have arrived at our destination.  Beginning auto-land sequence on the north half of the island while avoiding direct fly-by.~

    This caused Anastsia to climb out of bed for some particular reason and begin getting dressed in her battle rattle.  Her hair was already prepared, with the Nyanplifiers off of her head since before the shower happened.  She placed the item back into the nightstand once again before her exit was stopped by her large canine friend.  "Not this time, Sasha.  This place is way too dangerous," she said with a small smile and a nod to her friend.  The creature grumbled and laid back down on the floor, turning it's head away.  "Sorry, friend," she said before walking out of her quarters and down towards the cargo door where she and the rest of her team will be disembarking from.  

    As the airship descended vertically, Anastasia shouted out loud.  "George, the airspace might get hot after we land.  Take off once we've all touched down, alright?  We'll call for you when we need a pick up," she stated to the ship; the ship was controlled by an artificial intelligence that ran throughout the entire hull of the ship.  

    ~Compliance.~

    The cargo door began to slowly creep open, blowing air upwards into the ship, tossing her hair and the blue tails of her outer garment.  By this point, the rest of her team should have assembled.  "We found the path we must take, so let's get on it alright?  Let's stick as a team and get through this one!" she shouted, trying to get herself heard through the loud rushing wind that was blowing in.  With a smile and a nod, Anastasia walked down the ramp, having landed at the beach just before the path stated by the clients.  After touching down, a loud roaring could be heard, shaking the air near them.  

    "Well, that's probably the source of the magical power that the clients warned us about," she said as she started to move away from the sandy beach onto the dead stone environment just passed that.  The path forward lead to relatively narrow tunnel ahead.  Through the tunnel, Nao would be able to see a massive black tortoise letting out loud, ear-shattering roars.  It was at this point that Anastasia got a notification on the item she checked before.  It showed that the items she asked for earlier were ready.  With this, a large and menacing grin came over her lips.  



    WC:  5288 + 672 = 5960 / 21000 Total
    OOC Note:  Alrighty.  The path is chosen, any one of you can elect to send us through that tunnel.  Once that happens, we can begin the fight with the first boss.  Over a quarter of the way there guys!  :D


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    avatar
    Almyra Bys

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Banana- 1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Posts : 667
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 21
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 25
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5
    Brownie Points : 3

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Chaos Theory
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Almyra Bys on 14th February 2016, 3:18 pm

    As Almy hugged Ashe, she felt something brush against her, in addition to feeling Ashe's hand on her head. She loostened her grip a bit to see Ashe holding the doll up to her with her Ghost Half, something she'd seen her use before on the job to stop those treasure hunters. She reached with one hand to grab it before going back to hugging Ashe. Shortly after the girl let go, her friend spoke, asking her if she was alright. She clutched the little doll to her chest and nodded slowly. She didn't want to worry Ashe before the mission. "I'm okay now... but if you don't mind, it would be nice to talk after we get this job done." She said before looking back at the table, which was littered with her notes and scribbles. She should probably clean that up and get ready for the job they would have to do in two hours. "I'm gonna clean up my things and get ready." She smiled up at Ashe, happy to have such good friends with her now. She stood up and began to gather her papers and such from the table. Some were a bit soggy, but that wouldn't matter as they were put back into her book, drying off instantly as they were placed back into the magical book. She would go about cleaning up her things, and with the amount that they were all spread out and such, it would take about the two hours to clean up, though if Ashe helped out, it would go quicker, giving Almy some time to relax for a bit.

    They arrived soon and Almy found her way to the cargo hold to step out of the ship with Anastasia and the others. There was a tunnel ahead, the entrance to which Almyra strode into without a seeming care in the world. She was confident in her friend's abilities to back her up. Plus, she was a tough cookie, so if anything bad was there, she could easily take whatever hits might come her way. As the group made its way through the tunnel, they reached a sort of bowl-shaped arena. There stood a giant tortoise. "What is your business here?" It asked the girl, who was heading the group.
    "Um... we're here to explore and find out what the source of magic here is." She answered innocently. "Would you mind showing us to the source of magic?"
    "I will not show you to the source, for the worthy will reach it on their own, and in order to pass, you must show yourself as such. Prepare yourself." It said before stomping its foot. From below Almyra, a massive pillar of rock erupted. The girl managed to jump off of it before it grew too high. She rolled and stood up next to it, reaching her hands forward and touching the shell with both hands, letting out two bursts of entropic energy into it. The turtle snarled in pain as its flesh, and more importantly its shell were torn away at. Its shell slowly began to crumble from its body as the entropic energy continued to eat away at it after Almyra's attack had landed. Almy pushed away from her opponent, putting distance between her and the turtle to avoid getting hit by a counter attack.

    Status: Notice me, Ana-senpai!
    HP: 150%
    MP: 100%
    Spells used: Hand of Change, Shaken Foundations

    6517/21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Character|Magic|Bank

    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:

    Skyllon

    Moar Skyllon

    Raven
    avatar
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- The Sacred- Ninja- Player -
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 26
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Nao on 15th February 2016, 10:05 am

    Two hours would go by in the ship before arriving at Divide Island. Nao didn’t realise that there was such a huge gap between the two destinations. Of course, until he had left the neutral grounds, he hadn’t been able to record anything down to mind, at least not permanently. He would have to go see a doctor about that recurring issue where he was starting to forget when he was in the neutral grounds. Though unlike scientific doctors who would probably just look up your ailments and tell you that you either have cancer or that you’re pregnant, magical doctors were a lot more into experimenting with what your magic could do.

    Nao would use these two hours preparing through plans and strategies, utilising what he had seen his teammates do. With Ana’s ability to be incredibly versatile with her suits, combine with Ashe’s ability to turn ethereal? They had the recon side covered, while mixing Almyra’s close combat prowess with his ranged strength gave them quite the range of offensive capabilities. Though he was interested to continue watching his team some more in order to work out some more combinations, he would continue to write down ideas in his journal for the time being.

    Not even Charlie was allowed to read Nao’s journal, for it contained an incredible amount of secrets and thoughts on everyone he had ever met. It also contained things about himself, his own weaknesses that he had noticed, and even crazed theories about things like bringing people back from the dead, and how to end this issue between legal and non-legal mages. Some of it would be considered heresy to the Rune Knights, and some of it would be considered prophecy to some of the masses.  These were the kinds of notes that would be stored in a special journal that Nao kept with him at all times. He would never let it go, not without the biggest price.

    Soon the mage would hear that on the intercom was the announcement that the ship was about to arrive at the island. He would quickly put his journal away in his personal safe, before locking it up, and hiding it in his room. Even Charlie was told to look away as he hid it. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust anyone but… Yeah he didn’t trust anyone.

    Nao would begin to get changed into some clothes that were light, and able to help him move around a bit more. He would also strap his boots on, as well as some gloves to keep his hands warm and protected. As long as he felt that he was able to take a few hits, then he didn’t mind the kinds of clothing he wore. But he felt for this kind of job, he would need to make sure there were some extra defences. This was probably the most important part, seeing as he knew that the island had protection against air based units. He didn’t want his gryphon to be hit by arrows, or wind magic.

    ”You stay here and look after the ship, okay?”
    he asked his pet, before feeling him try and push past to join Nao. ”No not this time Charlie, since the island will target you because it doesn’t like flying creatures. We’re keeping you, and the ship out of this one this time…” Though the creature was saddened, it began to understand Nao’s worry with how the creature would deal with the attacks the island might make on it. Not even Nao really understood what Ana meant by “anti-air” systems. Did it mean any kind of flying, or did it mean just airships flying over? He would just make sure his pet wouldn’t come with him for just this one time.

    The Ocular Mage would leave the ship the same way as Ana, through the cargo hold. He would walk down the ramp to meet the rest of his team, and find them assembled on the sand dunes. Though as Anastasia began talking, Almyra just decided to enter the tunnel without a care in the world. It seemed that the nap she had, had really put her in a state of determination. Either that or she wanted to just get this job done so she could continue napping. One was never too cautious around someone who felt like they hadn’t had enough sleep in their day…

    He would listen to Ana, as he watched the young girl walk into the tunnel before his eyes focused on what was a giant creature with a giant shell on its back. The tortoise was coloured black, and was about half the size of George. And she was walking right into it.

    ”Hey errr,”
    he would begin to talk, before hearing a large roar come from the direction of the tortoise. ”Almy is walking right into the lair of a giant tortoise, so we need to get going, and very quickly.” Nao would run after the mage, and make sure that she didn’t get turned into chaos theory mage crêpes.  Though he new that tortoise were generally very slow creatures, but he didn’t know if a magical tortoise was boosted with speed or anything.

    By the time he arrived through the tunnel, he could see that the tortoise was enraged, sending spikes at Almyra, before watching her begin to destroy its shell. Watching her destroy the shell was both an advantage to them, but he knew that the turtle would begin to be enraged. He would have to move quickly to turn this tortoise into dinner. Without a shell it would be left with an exposed middle.
    Rock golems:


    Though the tortoise would notice it would have more company, and would conjure up two earth golems to assist him. This would help it even the odds a little bit, as they would begin to make their way to the team.

    Before they reached the team, Nao would begin to move away from the golems, and instead focus on the tortoise. By focusing on the one that casted the summon, maybe it would remove the golems from the field. Nao was also much better at dealing with things made of flesh, not so much of rock or ground.

    His eyes would begin to emit the heat from his heat vision, and he would focus it on the cracks Almyra had made in the shell. It would begin to cook the softer parts of the tortoise, as it felt the uncomforting, and suddenly excruciating pain of being cooked alive. It would try to move around from the attacks, but Nao would just follow the circle pattern it was making.

    WC:7627/21000
    HP: 100%
    MP: 100%
    Status: Making dinner.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    avatar
    Kamsa

    1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Corruption of the Ancients
    Position : None
    Posts : 128
    Guild : Guildless Green
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1650

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Ruler
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Kamsa on 17th February 2016, 8:51 pm

    There was no response from the spirit, but Ashe had hardly expected one. It was very faint, and they would need some time alone where Ashe could work with it before communication was possible. That wasn't a pressing concern at the moment however.

    As for Almyra, the physical content and words from Ashe seemed to have centered her. She expressed a desire to talk after this job was over, to which Ashe affirmed with a nod, then went about cleaning up her mess.

    "Here, let me help. It won't do to have you spend the entire trip cleaning this up, now would it?"

    Ashe smiled at the dark-skinned girl, then started gathering the waterlogged (drool-logged?) papers after watching Almy stuff clean them off by simply stuffing them back into her enchanted book. It was slow going, what with the sheer scale of the disaster zone, but they managed with an hour to spare. That left both of them with ample time to get wash up and get some rest before arrival.

    It is good to see you let your guard down around somebody else for a change. The ghost king fell in step beside her as Ashe left for her room. She flushed, as expected, but a smile came with it.

    "I...yes. Almyra is very easy to be around."

    Vendrick smiled, nodded, and left it at that.

    *     *     *

    Upon arrival several loud roars shook the ground, and Ana led them along the designated path to the mouth of a cave. At this distance the tunnel acted like an enormous megaphone whenever the beast roared, amplifying both the sound and the rushing wind. She almost didn't hear Ana through it, and was distracted enough that it wasn't until Nao said something that she noticed Almy had gone on ahead.

    Without any further prompting she rushed in after him. When they emerged they were treated to a rare sight: a battle of tortoises and tough cookies. Suprisingly, the tough cookies actually seemed to be holding up rather well. Nao moved in to support Almyra, but completely ignored the rock golems the shelled reptile had conjured up in response to the reinforcements.

    "You fool, you have to focus on the adds or we'll get overrun! Basic dungeon tactics, everybody knows that!"

    Ashe tsked, sent Velstadt to Almyra, then moved to distract the constructs. It was fortunate they were stone and not steel, otherwise she wouldn't have been able to cut them. As it was Ashe was able to use her blade's reach to take off their limbs from a safe distance before stepping in to dispatch them up close. However, for each one she felled another took its place.

    "Tch...there's no end to these. At least they're as dumb as...well, rocks. Is that where that comes from?"

    Vendrick laughed. That very well could be. Still, be wary. Do not let them box you in.

    "Yes yes, I know," she replied curtly. Two more golems rose from the earth behind her, prompting Ashe to use her ethereal form to pass through them. "There's little danger in these so long as I keep them in check. Hopefully the others will be able to handle their boss."

    Rising just a tad to peer over the golems, Vendrick chuckled. I think they will be just fine. The tortoise is beginning to look, what is it? Hot under the collar.

    "Uuuuuuugh."



    8188/21,000
    HP/MP:
    100/99
    Spells:
    Velstadt->Almyra: +25% Defense, Fear Immunity, Spell Block Active


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Staff Quiz- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player-
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 18th February 2016, 2:12 pm


    As Anastasia was briefing the rest of the team, Almyra charged gung-ho into the cavern and towards danger.  Air sucked in between Anastasia's teeth, cutting some of her briefing short as the rest of her teammates charged in behind Almyra.  "Crazy people," she stated to herself before hearing a monstrous roar and a deafening crack.  It was at this time that the tortoise shell got cracked by Almyra's magic; which Anastasia wasn't present for again.  Taking a deep breath, Anastasia ran into the cave only to see Almyra dancing around with the large tortoise, Nao frying the tortoise from the inside with his heat vision, and Ashelia handling the adds.  With a snap decision, Anastasia decided on the gear she would use for this engagement.  A little nod of her head was given before her body surrounded itself in a pure white light only to appear to be in her Chaser Armor and appearing to not have any weapon equipped.  

    Her Chaser Armor, however, now had black fists instead of the matching purple color.  Another questioned popped up into her head.  No, she will not choose this one.  While it's defensive capabilities and summoning capabilities are impressive, if someone can easily get through the armor, then it's capabilities are useless.  A slow creature isn't something she could count on.  Anastasia flash stepped away from her currently location, appearing to pop in and out of existence for a moment before appearing just in front of the tortoise and cocked her arm back.  The alert system in her HUD began ringing alarms throughout her suit only to quickly move out of the way of a large, snake-like tail.  

    Sliding away from the large turtle, Anastasia looked at the snake-like tail, seeing the head of a serpent at the tip while it's snake-like torso was attached to the tortoise.  She had never encountered a creature like this; maybe the snake-like tail was meant as a counter-measure to balance out the slowness of the creature.  

    Her Heads Up Display started to flash red and send her multiple alerts, showing all of the enemies on her display, boxing each enemy in a thin red box.  This thin red box began to track their movement.  The box shifted as the tortoise raised one of it's legs and brought it down.  With a thunderous roar, the ground shook beneath all of their feet and a wave of stone sprouted from the creature's foot all the way out to each of the four of them.  This left them in a rather precarious situation.  They could move out of the way and risk running into another line, Anastasia could fly out of the way but would risk getting shot down by the anti-air defenses, or they could sit there and take the hit from the spell.  

    Due to Anastasia not knowing the strength of the tortoise's spell, she had no other choice but to jump out of the way.  Turning her head, noticing that Ashe was pre-occupied with the golems, Anastasia shouted in her direction.  "Ashe, watch out!" she shouted loud enough to hopefully give her a little bit of time to get out of the way.  Almyra seemed to be doing fine before the creature stomped on the earth and Nao was burning everything within the turtle.  Perhaps the shell's destruction simply enraged the creature enough to bring forth it's serpentine tail.  "Nao!  What the hell is this thing's weak spot?" she asked.  She had troubles getting close to this creature, not capable of actually dealing any damage to it due to it's defense against close-combat.  

    Another idea popped into Anastasia's head as a bright red light appeared over her shoulders.  Something that looked like a giant backpack was worn around the armor's shoulders.  Taking a firm stance, Anastasia allowed her Heads Up Display to get a firm lock-on onto the large snake protecting the tortoise and a missile flew from her, slowly approaching the head of the snake and flew right by it only for the missile to fly upwards for a moment to change directions only to get shot down by several beams of light.  It seemed that not too far above the Tortoise and it's serpent's height, the ceiling that activates the air defense system activates.  That was an interesting find, but since nobody here, herself included, is strong enough to lift this massive beast, bringing it up high enough to have the island destroy it was out of the question.  


    WC:  8118+747=8865 / 21000 Total
    HP:  100%
    MP:  100% - 15% - 15% - 10% = 60%

    Spells Used:  
    - Chaser Armor [1/5]
    - Plasma Graspers [1/6]
    - Longinus Missiles [1/6] -- Ammo:  4/6 remaining

    Spells on Cooldown:  
    OOC Note:  

    I reckon a couple rounds per boss should suffice, wouldn't you agree?


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    avatar
    Almyra Bys

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Banana- 1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Posts : 667
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 21
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 25
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5
    Brownie Points : 3

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Chaos Theory
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Almyra Bys on 18th February 2016, 8:41 pm

    Things were happening, spells were flying, lasers were... lasing? This battle was almost as intense as the one where they fought those treasure hunters! There were golems springing up in various places, the turtle grew a snake for a tail, this was all quite a lot, and here Almy was just trying to avoid getting spiked by giant earth spike things. And then the turtle stomped, sending out a big shockwave in the ground that sent Almy flying up into the air. The launch hadn't hurt her, after all, it's not the fall that does that, but the landing, especially considering the fact that she was about to land straight one of the golems.

    The golem caught her and swung her a bit, during this time she managed to hit it with Shaken Foundations and Hand of Change, though it had already released her with a very powerful throw by the time the impact of her spells was really felt by the golem, causing its legs to buckle under its own weight as they crumbled away. It tried to drag itself forward with its arms, but they too fell apart, and soon, the mighty golem would be nothing more than a pile of small rocks, then simply dirt.

    Almyra, on the other hand, was a bit more fortunate. While she was sent soaring through the air for a distance, she managed to right herself a bit, so she was at least upright in the air when she came to a rather sudden stop as she impacted the wall of the cave. She hit it with enough force to put a small indent, and a rather large crack on the wall. She fell forward onto her hands and knees after the impact, dazed, but otherwise, surprisingly uninjured. The room was currently spinning for her, a problem she set her mind to dealing with.

    9177/21000
    Status: Shaken, but not stirred
    HP: 145%
    MP: 100%
    Spells used: Hand of Change, Shaken Foundations


    Last edited by Almyra Bys on 21st February 2016, 11:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to adjust HP)


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Character|Magic|Bank

    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:

    Skyllon

    Moar Skyllon

    Raven
    avatar
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- The Sacred- Ninja- Player -
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 26
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Nao on 19th February 2016, 6:02 am

    It seemed not everyone was happy with Nao’s plan of going after the tortoise, as Ashe would berate him for going after the summoner, and not the summons. This wasn’t some mmorpg game this was real life. Besides… what good would Nao be against these Earth golems that were made of rock. Had Ashe actually seen Nao’s moves then she would have known that he was better at single target enemies, not against multiple targets coming at him. It would have to be something that he would have to eventually change as the amount of enemies had increased since he started as a mage. Sometimes there was one enemy, and sometimes there were 30.

    ”Heat against rock isn’t very good, Ashe!” he would remark, instead continuing against the tortoise that would send an earth spike his way. He would watch the ground tremor towards him, before moving out of the way to then focus some more on the tortoise. It wasn’t like there were people already fighting the golems anyway. It seemed that she and Amyra had this just fi-

    And that’s when he saw Almy turn into a cannonball, and crash land into the wall. She appeared to be unharmed, and yet on her knees. The golem however seemed to be crawling just like how her doll was, before turning into nothingness. Her magic seemed to work on rock as well as flesh. But that is what you get when you’re essentially destroying everything you touch.

    ”Almy, are you alright?” Nao would ask as he quickly looked over her, seeing that she seemed to be a little dazed from where she hit the wall.

    ”Author’s interpretation of Almyra right now”:


    ”You just rest there for a moment. This tortoise will be finished very soon.”
    Nao would begin to run closer, feeling that the tortoise will focus on him, as he continued to fire his lasers at the creature. The fact that his other spells weren’t all that useful against a giant tortoise, he was glad that he could rely on such an efficient spell.

    He would dodge many of the spikes that were aimed at him, some of them grazing his shoulder, as he got closer to begin firing at its eyes. By cooking up its eyes, as part of the strategy to try and blind this creature. By removing its chance for it to see anyone, it really diminished its capabilities to actually use its moves effectively.

    Though the tortoise would begin to stomp, and try and turn, Nao would follow. Using his super amazing mage speed (albeit the same speed that all mages of his ran could run because speed was dependent on your rank), the mage would keep following and attacking its eyes, before returning to go at the shell.

    The beast was weak, and all it would need now is a pretty strong hit to take it out. Surely one of them had a way of finishing off this creature, was he right? Or would they just use more potshots?


    WC:9677/21000
    HP: 90%
    MP: 100%
    Status: Bindsiding the creature... Maybe just blinding it.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    avatar
    Kamsa

    1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Corruption of the Ancients
    Position : None
    Posts : 128
    Guild : Guildless Green
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1650

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Ruler
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Kamsa on 27th February 2016, 5:28 pm

    Although the golems were easy to take care of, Ashe, and the team, had other concerns. The turtle had seemed like a slow, easy target at first, but it had ways of compensating for that. Aside from the golems themselves it had a snake headed tail to protect its back, which could probably think on its own judging by how quickly it had swatted at Ana. Then there was the real problem; the beast was capable of creating spikes of rock from the earth by stomping its feet. Fortunately those were somewhat easy to dodge.

    Ashe continued distracting the golems, backpedaling to avoid their reach while dodging the occasional earth spike when she ventured too close to the turtle itself. Things were going fine until the beast's shell was destroyed, causing it to decide enough was enough and slam into the ground with its front feet, creating a massive wave of stone in all directions. Unsurprisingly the golems were unaffected, but the team couldn't say the same. Almyra was flung into the air and landed on a golem which threw her against the wall, while Nao and Anastasia dove out of the way. Ana shouted for Ashe to watch out as well, but she had other plans. Having seen Almyra take a hit like that, Ashe had had about enough as well.

    She braced herself as the earthen wave rolled toward her, then used it as a springboard to launch herself over top of the turtle and land on its head. The beast immediately tried to throw her off, but being slow and ponderous it couldn't get enough momentum to do so and the snake tail couldn't quite reach her. From this position she had access to the vulnerable flesh of its neck as well. With that in mind she raised her blade, took a moment to aim her strike, and plunged the tip straight down into the beast's neck.

    "Yield."

    "Do you think you have bested me, you-"

    Again the turtle roared, but in pain this time as Ashe twisted the blade to drive her point home.

    "Fine, fine! You've proved your worth. You may pass, now take that thing out of me!"

    Satisfied, Ashe removed the blade and hopped down from the turtle's neck. It, in turn, stomped once more, however rather than send out more spikes of earth the enormous gesture caused one of the walls of the bowl-shaped arena to sink into the ground and reveal another passage.

    "Get you gone now. Further trials await."

    With having done that task Ashe walked over to Almy and put a hand on the unsteady girl's shoulder, then pulled out a cloth and began wiping the dirt from her face. Her own expression was filled with worry; even though Almyra was, as she liked to say, a 'tough cookie', a blow like that must have hurt. Or at least surprised her.

    "Are you alright Almyra? That looked like it might have been pretty painful...is anything broken or bleeding?"



    WC: 10177/21000
    HP/MP: 100/99
    Spells: Velstadt->Almyra: +25% Defense, Fear Immunity, Spell Block Active


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Staff Quiz- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player-
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 28th February 2016, 2:12 pm


    Almyra was sent straight up into the sky, causing Anastasia's heart to sink for a moment as she only watched in horror, hoping Almyra didn't reach the ceiling where the scary air-defense system resided.  However, thankfully, Almyra just came shy of the boundary and fall down like a meteor.  This gave her an idea for another piece of equipment later in the future.  The little one came tumbling down, smacking into the tortoise and into the wall, finally standing up in a daze.  And then Nao took his time and lased the creature in the eyes only for Ashe to finish it off with a blade to the neck.  

    As the creature yielded, she quickly ran over to Almyra to check up on her.  Her vitals seem to be normal and almost no damage was taken; at least that was what her Heads up Display showed.  How durable IS she?  Questions for later.  Anastasia placed a hand upon Almyra's head and patted it.  "Good job, Almyra," she simply stated before turning to look towards both Ashelia and Nao with a nod.  Knowing that Almyra's daze would make traveling difficult for her, Anastasia scooped her up princess-style and stood as she watched one of the walls in this arena-like place fall to the ground.  It was, as if, they unlocked the next dungeon.  The first of the 'Elite Four' had been taken down.

    Her head turned towards the tortoise for a moment and nodded her head.  It was a shame, she wouldn't have minded using this thing as an Einherjar, but with how this fight was set up, this seemed to be a trial instead of an actual dungeon crawl where everything dies.  She nodded to the tortoise as the pain of Team Four Star's assault seemed to wear on it's face.  "Get going, ugh..." the creature stated while trying to lick it's wounds.  Clearing her throat, Anastasia simply whispered to 'The Almy', "Prepare yourself," she simply said before quickly appearing and disappearing, covering great distance within the span of a second.

    Anastasia appeared through the newly created hole.  The hole was actually a tunnel to the west side of the island.  The tunnel was extremely dark, however, there didn't seem to be any pitfalls or obstacles in the way; not that either or those would slow down Anastasia while wearing this armor.  As Anastasia continued her travel, she began to see a point of white light.  Perhaps that was the exit to the tunnel to the west side.  Anastasia stopped for a moment to turn towards the other end of the cave to look back towards the rest of her team.  It was as if she was waiting for them.  While the two waited, Anastasia began small-talk with Almyra.

    "You did a really risky thing there, Almyra.  That anti-air defense system could have cut you to shreds.  But it makes me wonder how tough you are, having suffered hardly a scratch from such a tumble," she simply stated.  With that said, Anastasia queued her microphone in her armor and shouted down the tunnel.  "Our element of surprise is already gone, so hurry up already!" she shouted before turning to look back towards Almyra.  

    "Looks like we found our magic source huh?  I wonder why our clients didn't just walk in and said hi.  Pretty sure these creatures would have understood, wouldn't you say?  Well, at least we know our clients would be too terrified to verify the answer we give now right?" she said with a slight chuckle.  She knew normal people wouldn't come and check on a tremendous source of magic if they were told it was attached to powerful creatures of olde.  They would either hire more mages to beat them so they can observe, or they'd ignore the source of magic altogether.  
    At that time, the rest of the team caught up and Anastasia re-adjusted her grip on Almyra before running through to the end of the tunnel.  At the end of the tunnel, Anastasia slid in to a complete stop.  At this point, Almyra was placed down and Ana was greeted with a low-toned growl from the next challenger.  The tiger chuckled and began to circle around the team once they all assembled within the bowl.  This bowl, however, was modeled like the jungle.  There were large trees, vines, roots, a creek, and more trees packed into this small area.  

    Climbing in the trees and keeping itself relatively hidden from view, the tiger spoke up.  

    "So, you are the ones who defeated the 'Guardian of the North'?  Pitiful weakling," the tiger stated before re-appearing behind the group.  "I don't like either of you," it said before taking in air through it's nostrils.  "None of you smell delicious enough to eat.  Especially you," she said as she turned and looked towards Almyra.  The creature gagged a little bit as whatever light got through the canopy of this forest shined through and reflected the metallic surface of it's claws and jaws.  "You have a sickening smell.  All of you have a sickening smell.  Three of you smell like the dead while the other smells like," he said as he poked his head towards Nao.  

    "A gryphon," the tiger stated before letting out a low toned growl before disappearing once again into the thick brush of the forest.  "Defeat me, and I'll concede that you humans are weak and let you pass.  But I don't have very high hopes that you could," the creature said before completely vanishing into the overgrowth.    

    Anastasia readied herself and looked around for the iron tiger only to come up with nothing.  There was just too much brush to fight against this thing.  Clearing her throat, Anastasia took a firm stance and shot off two of her Longinus missiles to where she though the tiger would be.  Her main objective is to clear out an area for the team to stand in, giving them an advantage away from this thick forest.  The missiles were launched only to explode about 40 meters away.  Each missile landed away from one another, giving the team a roughly 25x50 meter area to work with.  Once the missiles exploded, shards of wood were sent out in every direction.  Due to their distance away, they were saved by trees being in the way.  

    After the explosions, a swift slash came from out of nowhere, piercing into Anastasia's armor.  
    "Armor damage critical!  Armor damage critical!" shouted the armor in her Heads up Display.  "Shut up, I know," she said as a bright green light began to cover Anastasia's body.  However, before the healing spell could take effect, a slash from her back instantly shattered her armor.  As her armor vanished, so did her missile pod.  

    "Shit!  Not good!  Not good at all!" she stated before letting another glowing white light take over her body, this time appearing in a black ninja-suit.  If this creature wanted to play stealth, Anastasia had every plan on doing the exact same.  After the armor was equipped, she vanished into the brush.


    WC:  10177 + 1176 = 11353 / 21000 Total
    HP:  100%
    MP:  60% - 5% = 55% + 2% Regen (from the 10% per 5 posts) + 3% Regen (UA) = 60%

    Spells Used:  
    - Silence Armor [1/3]
    - Plasma Graspers [2/6]


    Spells on Cooldown:
    - Longinus Missiles [1/7] -- Ammo:  4/6 remaining 
    - Chaser Armor [1/6]
    OOC Note:  


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    avatar
    Almyra Bys

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Banana- 1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Posts : 667
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 21
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 25
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5
    Brownie Points : 3

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Chaos Theory
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Almyra Bys on 28th February 2016, 8:56 pm

    Almyra was too dizzy to see what had really happened between her friends and the turtle. She heard Ashe speaking with it before one of the walls opened up, so she guessed her friends won. She rose to her feet and stumbled around a bit. Ashe walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. Almy flopped onto Ashe, using the taller woman to support herself. Her friend cleaned the dirt from her face and asked if she was alright. She smiled up at Ashe, hugging her tightly. "I'm okay, just dizzy and my head hurts a bit."

    She continued hugging Ashe until she felt Anastasia's hand patting her head. She turned and gave her other friend a smile as well. She released Ashe as Ana picked her up, then clung to her other friend and closed her eyes. It helped a bit with the dizziness. Ana told her to prepare herself. She wasn't exactly sure what Anastasia meant by that, but soon found out as she found herself, for a brief moment, moving very very quickly. The whiplash from such quick movement without any sort of protection, along with the heat due to friction with the air was really quite unpleasant, but luckily it didn't actually hurt her, though it did increase her dizziness for a few seconds.
    Since they were so far ahead of the others, Ana seemed to decide it was a good time to have a nice little chat. What she did was risky? She didn't go up that high, besides, she wasn't exactly sure how one avoided a big shockwave like that without some supernatural jumping abilities, which she lacked. Still, she just smiled up at Ana. "Really tough! Unless I get stung by a bee." She said. She and bees did not get along. Well, they got along just fine, so long as she didn't get stung. One bee sting could very well result in a very dead Almy. She simply nodded in response to the various other comments Ana had to say about this job.

    She held on tighter as Ana ran through the exit to the tunnel once the others arrived. As they passed through, a new creature addressed them; a metal tiger. Well, this was clearly some sort of golem. Almyra observed, as she watched the creature. This would mean her magic would likely wear the thing down with fairly little effort. She didn't really want to destroy it though, since it was awfully pretty. She would just have to make sure to reverse the process once it admitted defeat. Still, it wasn't very nice. It said she smelled bad. She had just washed up, she shouldn't smell bad yet.

    She was put down and prepared for combat, her dizziness had gone away in the time she had to rest. She was ready now. The tiger disappeared into the underbrush before springing out and attacking Anastasia. As it was focused on her ally, Almyra was able to reach out and touch it, hitting it with her entropic magic. It began to eat away at the automaton slowly corroding it, even as it lurked and hid. Ana blew away a large portion of the arena to keep the tiger from hiding, but that wasn't necessary for Almy. She closed her eyes and took a breath, channeling her magic for its true purpose. As she opened her eyes, they glowed a soft green color, the same green color that enveloped her hands when casting other spells. With her awareness of the world around her vastly increased, she could sense the movement of everything nearby, feel the impact she, her allies, and their opponent were having on this world, and could use that to track it. Her hands began to burn with the same fire-like energy as before as she stepped into the undergrowth in pursuit of the creature. She wasn't the best at being stealthy, but still, the creature probably wasn't expecting her to follow it with such ease.

    Spotting it not far off, she charged at it, pressing her hands against it and unleashing another burst of energy to wear away at the thing more, and further increase the speed at which it rotted away. Rust was beginning to form on its surface. With her heightened reactions, she managed to avoid its attempt at a counter-attack. It jumped off elsewhere, trying to avoid Almyra alerting the others. She ran off in pursuit of it. Her noise would make her easy to track as she followed her prey. She felt a feeling of approval from Velstadt as she followed the tiger of her own volition, requiring no nudging from the spirit. The tiger was faster than her, but she was sure she would catch up eventually.

    Status: Super brave+!
    HP: 145%
    MP: 87%
    Spells used: Hand of Change, Shaken Foundations, Amor Fati, Degrading Blows
    Durations- Amor Fati- 4 posts, Degrading Blows- 3 Posts
    Amor Fati side effect:

    Almyra Bys carried out 1 launched of one Normal Dice (Image not informed.) :
    12148/21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Character|Magic|Bank

    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:

    Skyllon

    Moar Skyllon

    Raven
    avatar
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- The Sacred- Ninja- Player -
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 26
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Nao on 2nd March 2016, 3:57 pm

    All Nao could do was watch as Ashelia gracefully launched herself into the air, and right onto the tortoise and began to put a sword through its neck. He would just stand and watch, as everything seemed to stop as it began to resist yielding. It was interesting to watch them going back and forth as it tried to fight back, despite having a large knife in the side of its neck. But eventually the creature would yield, and give them a clear passage to the next place. This was great, seeing as they could proceed from here.

    Both Ana and Ashe ran over to Almyra, as Nao would gaze towards the next part of the tunnel, and though he couldn’t see there being any kind of traps or pitfalls of any kind. He did notice some kind of tiger-like creature that was prowling around on the other side of the tunnel just awaiting them. But he soon moved into the bushes as soon as Ana dashed off with Almyra in her arms. She was in a real hurry, and was going to get her and her cargo in trouble if she was going to keep on dashing off like that without the rest of them.

    As soon as she shouted, the tiger in the distance hid among the bushes. Looks like they definitely wouldn’t get a good jump on it. The way it looked was now the creature was going to be on the prowl. Nao would just sigh, and begin to run through the tunnel to catch up with the dashing Ana. She seemed really impatient today, and he couldn’t quite work out why she was like this. Shouting at her father down the lacrima, shouting at them to get a move on. Did she have somewhere to go other than this? Weird…

    Eventually he would catch up with the group, and once again she ran off as if it was vitally important to charge head first instead of making a plan. They had fought one of these creatures and barely won, so why would she think just running it would work.

    ”Hey we need to think of a stra-“ But it was too late. Leeroy Jenkins over here charged in with her bucket of chicken and placed the dazed Almy down ready to be eaten by the tiger in the bushes. But instead of going for us straight away, it seemed to taunt us about how each of them smelled. Apparently Nao smelled of Charlie, which was understandable with Nao using him as a way to travel around. But he was sure he bathed the creature at least twice a month.

    It seemed that the tiger went straight for Anastasia, shredding her armour and destroying it completely. Though she turned into her stealth suit, and disappeared into the bushes. He watched as Almyra’s eyes began to change and glow a soft green as if she had finally joined the Green Lantern Corp. Nao would take note of this ability, and would ask her later on what she was doing.

    But for now (authors note: I actually wrote Nao first instead of now…), the Mage would instead copy one of Ana’s abilities and take over the form of her chaser armour. Speed to dodge the speed and stealth of the tigers attacks. This wouldn’t be the first time he had used this armour, and it certainly wouldn’t be the last. What was different in Nao using it was that it didn’t come with armour in the head because he needed to use his eyes for spells. But it didn’t seem to matter.

    It didn’t seem to matter because Almyra’s magic seemed to not only work on fleshy things, but it seemed to make metal rust. The creature instead didn’t seem to care all that much as it ran off, leading Almyra away. Leading its biggest threat away from the rest of them was probably the smartest thing it could do. However Nao was now in this flashy armour.

    ”Dammit Almy” he muttered under his breath, as he chased after her. He would hear her running after the beast, but not only would he hear her but the creature would hear the sounds too.

    Eventually he caught up to her, just as the creature was about to get the jump. He would jump in the away, feeling the armour get ripped up as well as his torso getting some of the scratches too. His eyes would wince, before using this chance to use his heat beams on the metallic creature. He had heard that steel beams were unable to be melted, but he figured he would try anyway.

    As the tiger would try and run off into the bushes, he would use this time to start melting away some of the metal. He was only able to take out part of its back left foot before it sunk away.

    ”Dammit!” He yelled, hitting a hand to the floor, as he would assess his own wounds. He felt a little shaken up, as the bleeding on his torso, though minimal, was enough to make him realised how weak he was by jumping in the way. It was certain that he would need to get some medical attention. In the mean time, he would just burn up all the bushes around them, getting rid of more places it could hide. Darn.

    WC:13048/21000
    HP: 65%
    MP: 85%
    Status: Got armour then it went poof! Damn Daniel Nao, back at it again with the big scars.
    Cooldown: Spell Copy


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    avatar
    Kamsa

    1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Corruption of the Ancients
    Position : None
    Posts : 128
    Guild : Guildless Green
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1650

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Ruler
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Kamsa on 6th March 2016, 9:51 pm

    Ashe blinked in surprise. Almost immediately after Almy reassured her she was alright, Ana whispered something to the girl and teleported clear to the other side of the arena.

    "Oh...well then. She's in a hurry..."

    You had best catch up with them. If the next opponent is as tough as this tortoise was...

    Ashe nodded and headed toward the tunnel. "Yes, that would be-wait, tortoise? What is that? Clearly that is a turtle. A giant, snake-tailed turtle, but a turtle nonetheless."

    Vendrick stopped and stared. Ashelia, you...have you never heard of a tortoise before?

    "Not that I know of?"

    The old king was simply dumbfounded, and shook his head in amazement. Ashelia, he explained. A turtle lives in water and has fins instead of proper legs. A tortoise is a turtle that lives primarily on land and has proper legs, with toes and the like. Look.

    He gestured towards the beast's legs. Do you see? It has limbs meant for land travel. If it were a turtle, it would instead have fins to better traverse the water. Do you understand?

    "I...I..." Wide eyed, Ashe covered her face in disbelief. "I suppose?"

    I confess I am rather amazed you have managed to go this long without learning what a tortoise is.

    "I study history, not monster biology, okay?! Let's...let's just go help Ana and Almyra..."

    That would be for the best, I think.

    *     *     *

    After emerging from the tunnel Ashe looked around and tried to take stock of the situation. From what she could see they were in a similar arena to the last, save for this one being filled with a partially burned down jungle. The burn marks looked to have come from a mixture of Nao's heat vision and some series of explosions, likely from Ana's missile pods. Nao himself stood off to one side, nursing his wounds after having cleared the immediate area of foliage. Fortunately his injuries didn't seem life-threatening at the moment.

    I see they have not wasted any time jumping into the fray.

    "It seems not," she replied as she walked over and stood guard in front of Nao. Whatever it was they were fighting, she didn't put it past the thing to strike again while he was weakened.

    "Nao, stay behind me and try not to move much. We don't want those wounds getting worse, yes? I'll make sure it doesn't get to you. Meanwhile..."

    Through her spirit sight Ashe could make out the forms of Ana and Almyra chasing some sort of large cat-thing through the brush. Despite its size the second guardian beast appeared to be adept at navigating the overgrowth. The other two were doing a good job running it down, Almyra especially, but Ashe figured they could still use some help.

    For starters it would be best to limit its mobility. She cupped her hands together and whispered encouragingly to the spirits of those who had fallen in this place, giving them the strength and means to strike back at the beast that had ended their lives. Those vengeful souls gathered together to form a grinning, fanged skull surrounded by an orb of blue-black energy that she tossed high in the air above the foliage. At its zenith the orb stopped and began pulsing waves of intangible death energy throughout the arena. While Almy and Ana would be able to sense it there would be no effect on them; the aura of despair was meant for the tiger alone, and upon its shoulders it would weigh most heavily indeed.

    That should take the wind from its sails. Now for the clincher...

    She took a deep breath to center herself, one hand on her scabbard with the other resting loosely on the hilt of the blade in a ready stance. Her eyes flashed white and tracked the creature, her mind deepening its focus until all the world consisted of her blade, her target, and the space between.

    "Moonlight echoes on steel-torn winds."

    The moment the words left her lips Ashe drew and swung her blade several times with impossible speed, each sweep of the blade sending a wave of razor sharp wind just ahead of where the feline beast would be. The strikes weren't meant to seriously hurt it however; they were calculated to give it pause and slow it down so that the other two catch up and lay into it. Ashe also took care to direct it away from her position; it would be unfortunate if the beast ran into Nao in in its haste to get away.

    After the initial flurry Ashe waited patiently before sending another few waves whenever the feline tried to change course. At this rate, between the wind slashes and the weakness from her spell it wouldn't be long before her teammates caught up with the beast.



    13852/21000
    HP/MP: 100/69
    Spells: Velstadt->Almyra: +25% Defense, Fear Immunity, Spell Block Active
    Aura of Despair-> Tiger's Strength and Speed -25%, Tiger now feels sad and spooped.
    Moonlight Echoes Active


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Staff Quiz- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player-
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 7th March 2016, 2:23 pm


    The downside of using this armor was that Anastasia couldn't hear any approaching dangers coming to her, relying on only the sense of touch (from tremors in the ground) and sight.  This became extremely dangerous in dark and hard to see situations such as these.  Her heads up display's radar function doesn't work very well when there are so many things giving returns.  Which it was very useful in a large and dark area, some place that was in-close with a lot of obstacles made tracking things a chore; having to remember the positioning of things in the radar return.  

    Anastasia took a breath outward before turning to look back in towards the 'meadow' to witness her armor being torn to shreds for a moment, causing Anastasia's heart to nearly leap out of her throat.  It wasn't that she felt like she witnessed her own death, but the only person she knows of that could use that was Nao.  Thankfully, the attack was just a graze, leaving Nao quite alive.  

    Stalking through the thick brush, Anastasia stepped deliberately, turning her head around and keeping it on a swivel in all directions (including up) so she didn't get ambushed by this terrifying creature of steel.  It's location was quickly determined upon seeing the trail of heat from Nao's eyes towards where the tiger was.  It was then that Anastasia would strike!

    Flashback wrote:"Anastasia," her father said over the rim of his glasses, looking towards her from a group of diagrams and schematics.  Anastasia sat at the other side of a long table brooding over something.  There was no response from the bratty blonde as she curled her lip with her arms crossed over her chest.  

    "What's wrong?" her father simply asked before setting the diagrams down and readjusted his glasses to look at her properly.  Again, the man had responded to what sounded like false concern for his offspring.  

    "I need your help," she asked reluctantly before her father perked up a bit, a smile coming across his face.  

    "Oh really?  This is unusual.  What do you need--" he said before being immediately interrupted as Ana stood up and slammed her palm onto the table, causing ripples to flow into the coffee mug that her father had sitting next to his documents.

    "I'm fed up with being weak!  I want to be able to more useful in combat," she said before sitting down, her Blue Pegasus tattoo being clearly visible upon her arm.

    "Oh?  Isn't your song magic good enough to protect your friends?" he simply asked as he organized the sheets of paper upon the table to a nice and neat pile.

    "No, it's not.  I get left alone while everyone gets to fight.  I wasn't able to do anything during the Phoenix Mountain campaign and I wasn't able to do anything when the Priory attacked.  I'm weak!  I can't protect Ashelia, Nao, or Almyra that way!"

    "Friends from the guild?"

    "Seriously?  I already told you that they were people that helped me in the past.  They aren't those bastards from the guild.  All they did was treat me like a child and didn't give me a chance to do anything!" she went on and on about how she felt wronged by the Blue Pegasus.  It was at this time that Anastasia lost the love she had for the guild; even if the reason why was from such a short span of time.

    "And you expect me to help?  Why would I help some brat like you?  You didn't want to help me and your mother run this company so you can go off and play hero.  Sasha was already assigned as your guardian, why don't you ask him?" her father simply stated with annoying growing more and more palpable as the conversation furthered.

    "Sasha doesn't give a damn about me.  He thinks I'm weak and not worthy of protecting."

    "If the gods don't give you any favor, then why should I?" questioned her father as he picked the documents back up and continued to examine them, dismissing Anastasia altogether.  He wasn't very happy at the fact that Anastasia ran off to join a guild without even saying goodbye.  Her moxie and enthusiasm got the better of her.

    "Damn it, father!  Listen to me!  I came here because I need your help!  I don't want to be useless any more!"  Anastasia stood up once more and pushed the chair out from under her.  

    "Well, that's too bad, now isn't it?  Useless to your friends and useless to your family.  Maybe you should go outside and take a little break; cool off for a while.  I don't need your snotty complaints right now.  Return when you can act like an adult," he simply said before muttering something under his breath.  Anastasia ground her teeth for a moment and simply walked out of the conference room, slamming the door behind her.  

    "Insolent child.  Thinking the world is your play-thing.  Don't ask for help when you can't help in return."
    Before Anastasia jumped in to strike, a strange 'wave of death' was detected by Anastasia.  It didn't effect her ability to maintain her requip magic, so what was it?  Did it come from the tiger or was it made directly towards the tiger.  After a brief moment, she saw Ashelia finished swinging her sword.  Something was strange about the tiger, though.  Rust began to gather upon it's metallic parts.  This caused Anastasia to ponder for a moment.  Nao's eye beams cause eat but can't rapidly decay things like that and Ashelia deals with spirits.  Could it be Almyra causing all of this?  There's no way.  

    Anastasia was in denial of Almyra's potential magic abilities.  All Anastasia knew was that Almyra was the healer in the group.  Healers can't cause decay!  There's just no way that's possible.  Without taking a second glance, Anastasia ran through the brush and jumped out dramatically, dealing a heavy punch directly into the tiger's body.  She aimed for one of the rusted spots on it's armor as the fist swiftly penetrated and struct the tiger directly.

    "Alright!  I yield!" the creature stated before slowly backing off.  When it regained it's composure, it began limping towards where the next tunnel would appear and with a loud, resounding roar, the brush moved out of the way and a new tunnel appeared through the mountain.  Intense heat could be felt by everyone present.  

    "Even if you humans are weak, I'll let you pass," the creature stated before vanishing back into the brush to lick it's wounds.  Anastasia ran towards Nao for a moment to make sure he was alright.  After looking him over, she visibly sighed outward and gave them all a thumbs up.  Unfortunately, spoken words would do nothing to her so gestures were the only things she would be able to detect with this bothersome armor equipped.  


    WC:  14998/ 21000 Total
    #ScrewYourOCD
    HP:  100%
    MP:  60% + 2% Regen (from the 10% per 5 posts) + 3% Regen (UA) = 65%

    Spells Used:  
    - Silence Armor [2/3]
    - Plasma Graspers [3/6]


    Spells on Cooldown:
    - Longinus Missiles [2/7] -- Ammo:  4/6 remaining 
    - Chaser Armor [2/6]
    OOC Note:  


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!
    avatar
    Almyra Bys

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Rising Star- Banana- 1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Posts : 667
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 21
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 25
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 1787.5
    Brownie Points : 3

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Chaos Theory
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Almyra Bys on 7th March 2016, 8:38 pm

    Almyra was pursuing the tiger when Nao decided to come in and back her up. She knew exactly where it was, and that it was about to strike at her. She was ready to dodge and counter attack it, but it seemed that Nao had underestimated the Chaos Theorist, as many did (perhaps rightly so, in most cases). But this enemy relied on stealth and ambush, something that Almyra was pretty much the ultimate counter to. She could predict the creature's every move. It pounced at her, but Nao jumped in the way of its attack. The beasts metal claws easily tore through the armor he seemed to have copied from Anastasia. Where Almyra would have avoided the attack, or have taken less damage from it, at least, Nao had decided to fully tank it. Still, the strike provided an opportunity for Almyra to land another few spells on the creature, further weakening its integrity as the unstoppable march of entropy wore away at the metal composing the thing. It dove back into the underbrush with Almy in pursuit.

    The tiger was suddenly buffeted by attacks from Ashelia's enchanted sword, slowing it down to allow Almyra to catch up and get a few more hits in. The beast simply tried to get away from Almyra at this point, not liking being kept on the defensive by the relentless girl. She and Ashe were guiding the tiger right to where they wanted it; Ana's position. Without fail, Almy's companion leapt into the path of the tiger and gave it a solid punch on the points weakened by Almyra's magic. With that, the beast yielded. Almy balled her hands into fists, extinguishing the flames enveloping them before walking over to Nao. "Hold still, Nao. I'll help you." She said, moving her hands to lightly touch Nao's body, she channeled her magic once more. With it would come the somewhat unpleasant feeling of Nao's wounds reversing themselves and closing shut. While not painful, it would certainly be weird.

    Status: Accept the love heals, Nao
    HP: 145%
    MP: 79%
    Spells used: Hand of Change, Shaken Foundations, Pattern Restoration
    Durations- Amor Fati- 3 posts
    Cooldowns- Pattern Restoration- 3 posts, Degrading Blows- 4 posts

    15333/21000


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Character|Magic|Bank

    Theme
    Button count: 1035
    Other siggies:

    Skyllon

    Moar Skyllon

    Raven
    avatar
    Nao

    Quality Badge Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- The Sacred- Ninja- Player -
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Position : None
    Posts : 444
    Guild : Black Sails
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 26
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Magic: Chronokinesis
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Nao on 10th March 2016, 12:40 pm

    Though a little shaken up from being in direct close combat with the tiger that he didn’t really get to see, Nao at least had his teammates around him to support him as he would try to hastily get up. With obvious failure, he would instead use his eyes to try and track down the creature that bested him once. Had he used his tracking beacon on the thing, maybe he would have had a better chance at reacting to the tiger’s attacks. On the other hand Nao had found that fast moving targets made it difficult for him to constantly track. He would have to work out some way of improving that sometime.

    For now Ashe,would protect him as he just sat there and waited for the creature to attack them once more. He kept looking around to try and find it, as well as work out where Ana was in all this. He wasn’t quite sure, and he was concerned that this creature had taken her down too. The concern was more for her, than the fact he had this huge claw mark right through his armour. But he also noticed Ashe had a spell with her sword, casting slashing attacks at where she thought the metal tiger would. Whether she was hitting it or not wasn’t too important to him, as he was trying to hold the bleeding in and to stop it going everywhere.

    He watched Almyra once again go chase after this creature, or to find Ana. He wasn’t too sure, as she wasn’t really always so vocal to the team about what she was going to do. Not really a bad thing compared to the chatterbox Ana could be, and how Ashe was always talking to something. Maybe herself? He wasn’t quite sure how her psionic powers really worked, but if she felt like she had some imaginary friend then so be it. Between all of them, it was between Nao and Almyra on who was the quietest, but he figured Almy was just a little shy still. Not in a sense that Nao didn’t like people touching him because he felt like someone might do something to him, but because she was still so young.

    After a while he heard a roar, and soon both Ana and Almyra would return as if to say that the tiger had been dealt with. The path was clear, and they were able to proceed. This was a great relief because it meant her could rest for a little while, and bandage up his wounds.

    Bandage them up you say? No it was apparent that Almyra was just going to make the wounds disappear, just like how she made people’s appendages disappear from existence right? At first he was a little nervous because all he had seen her magic do was destroy things, but apparently destroying wounds was pulling back the skin together, and closing the wounds up. Even though it wasn’t a complete full heal due to how bad the wounds were, it was enough that he was able to carry on.

    ”Hey err... thanks Almy,” he said, not really certain of where his eyes should look when addressing someone this close. He would just look down at his wounds that had magically and slightly uncomfortably healed back up. A skill that Nao really needed to develop as a mage was actually being able to heal people. But how could the eyes heal someone? They were designed to look at and kill things!

    The Ocular Mage would pick himself up, and look towards the tunnel going towards the south of the island. His eyes would try and look through the tunnel, noticing there was a corner before it went further in. It looked like he would be the first one to go, and probably for the best. This tiger sure gave them a little bit of a problem with its speed and stealth. Maybe this time if Nao could give them intel it would work a little better.

    When he reached the corner of the tunnel, he looked down the tunnel to see that the next creature was somehow able to fly. Maybe the anti-flight systems were just for flying above the island instead? It looked like it was also on fire, and could spread the fire with ease. A flying creature that was also adept with fire? IT wasn’t a dragon it was a-

    ”Phoenix,” Nao mutter under his breath, before contacting his team quietly. ”The creature is a giant phoenix, and it’s able to bypass these anti flight systems for some reason. Be careful with the fire, and watch out for it trying to swoop at you. Who knows how high we’ll be able to get before we trigger the defence systems, and they turn us into dust.”

    Nao would just walk in, and while a little shaken up by the obvious attack of the tiger he would instead try and act as confident towards the phoenix despite its resistance to heat. Of course Nao would be useless when it came to using his heat vision. But at least he had some other spells he could use.

    As he arrived at the phoenix, it stopped its flying and landed close to him. Large and probably the one in charge of this place, it gazed down at him with its two large orbs.

    “You defeated the tortoise, and the tiger? Certainly you and your allies have triumphed well this day. But to reach what you’re looking for? I must deny all attempts. Attack me if you dare, but I must warn you.” The wings of the phoenix began to flap long, and hot winds at the man and whoever was with him at the moment. “Are you able to withstand one who is time immemorial?”

    With that the creature would start to begin to take off, not giving Nao much chance to do anything, but continue to gaze into its eyes, before showing it its own fears. The creature would experience the horrors of its kind being captured and used as familiars for mages. It would see that the sovereignty had diminished over the thousands of years that it existed. Only then did it realise that even one so large and powerful was trapped to guard such pathetic magical devices.

    Its flight into the air would become slow and ungraceful, as it tried to shake off the feeling that it itself was trapped in a cage, much like many of its brethren. The flame attacks it would make at Nao and the others became half hearted, giving them the chance to dodge. A little pitiful and upsetting, but otherwise an advantage.

    Because Nao couldn’t use his heat vision here, and didn’t have Charlie to back him up he would instead use his bow and arrow set. He hadn’t used it in a long time, but would begin to strike at the bird with arrows aiming at its wings to clip them. Surely there was a more humane way of fighting against a creature that looked so sad, but the mage knew that weakness was something that had to be exploited to get to their goal.

    WC:16533/21000
    HP: 93%%
    MP: 85-15+10%(Forgot to add 10% last round)=80%
    Status: Hoping to get dem phoenix tears.
    Spells used: Fear Induction (1 target suffers 50% damage instantly and 2 posts of -20% damage and -15% movement speed.) 1/2 rounds.
    Cooldown: Spell Copy 2/4


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    Profile Magic Bank
    avatar
    Kamsa

    1 Year Anniversary- Player -
    Lineage : Corruption of the Ancients
    Position : None
    Posts : 128
    Guild : Guildless Green
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1650

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Spirit Ruler
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Kamsa on 17th March 2016, 6:18 pm

    As Ashe expected it did not take long for the steel tiger to fall before their combined attack. Her spell and sword strikes gave it just enough pause for Almyra to herd the tiger as she wished, driving it straight into Anastasia's waiting fist. The beast was already on its last legs, trying to move on an injured foot while rust spreading across its body like an infection, and Ana took advantage of that. She aimed a punch directly at a particularly large patch of rust, causing her blow to strike home with great force.

    After that the tiger gave in, limping over to open the way forward before slinking off to lick its wounds. With the immediate danger passed, Ashe turned her attention towards her team. Nao's wounds were serious enough that he'd need a healer. He could fight for now, but his wounds weren't going to get much better on their own. Fortunately Almyra turned out to possess healing magic as well, patching up him up so that naught but a few shallow cuts and scratches remained.

    That was a relief, as Ashe wouldn't have wanted to force Nao to fight in such a state, nor would she want to leave him here to rest while they completed the job without him. She reached a hand out hesitantly, pausing for the breadth of a second as if to briefly reconsider, and pat Almyra softly on the head, a blush colouring her cheeks every so slightly as she averted her gaze.

    "W-well done Almy, I h-hadn't realized you could heal as well. That is quite a useful skill to have."

    Nao might be put-off by Almy's magic, but the sight of his wounds closing up did no such thing for Ashe. Strangely, she felt some inexplicable need to give her praise for the action, and a small bit of irritation at Nao for simply offering a few small words of awkward thanks. Ashe wasn't exactly sure how she should go about giving said praise, so she simply did what Vendrick had done for her: pat her on the head and tell her she did well. Though she would not admit it, the fact that Almy was adorable and Ashe had been looking for an excuse to do such an action may have played a part was well.

    Is this what it feels like to be a big sister then? This...is not so bad, I think.

    And like that the moment passed on, with everyone quickly moving out to take on the next guardian beast. Nao revealed this one to be a phoenix before Ashe and the others could even see it, and sure enough wings of flame greeted them once they exited the tunnel. It paused in its flight long enough to posture at them much as the others had, though at least the phoenix had the benefit of being wreathed in fire and the ability to boast from on high. Ashe hardly listened however, as she was focused more on how to beat the thing. She would be little help here unfortunately. She turned to Anastasia as the beast finished, while Nao seemed to stare at the phoenix with an intensity that was almost spooky.

    "Ana, I've a feeling this is going to be your beast to take down. The rest of us can't fly, and...well, without Nao's heat beam I'm afraid we're sorely lacking in the range required to fight in in the sky. If you can ground it somehow we can help, otherwise this will be up to you."

    Ashe looked to the phoenix, noting its faltering flight before turning back to Ana.

    "Well, I guess Nao's slowed it down at least. If it tries to run from you I can slash at it as I did the tiger, but otherwise I'd be too afraid of hitting you too. Apart from that, this is all I can do."

    A silent echo reached out to her spirits, forming a link between Anastasia and the one she sought. Clarity of mind and speed of action poured in as the spirit took up temporary residence along the mechanical mage's soul.

    "Raime should help you avoid the worst of it I think, though he won't do much if you get hit. Good luck."



    17246/21000
    HP/MP: 100/55
    Spells: Raime -> Anastasia: +50% Agility, Illusion Immunity, Silver Sword Active
    Moonlight Echoes Active


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    avatar
    Anastasia Isayev

    Moderator- Chatbox Moderator- Staff Quiz- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Guild Master- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- The Sacred- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player-
    Lineage : Valkyrian
    Position : None
    Posts : 2446
    Guild : Black Sails GM
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : [Primary] Ivan Isayev [Secondary] Fafnir, the World Dragon
    Experience : 321116
    Brownie Points : 69

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Mechanized REquip
    Second Magic: Dragons' Champion
    Third Magic:

    Re: The Balance Core [B Rank]

    Post by Anastasia Isayev on 19th March 2016, 2:03 pm


    The giant tiger yielded and Almyra began to heal Nao.  A white light surrounded Anastasia, showing off her normal appearance for a brief moment, feeling the cool air rush over her body.  She really should invest in some form of climate control inside of these suits.  Anastasia turned to look towards Ashelia with a raised brow.  "You're actually pretty good with a sword, Ashe!" she said in a more-than-excited tone.  

    Anastasia took a seat for a moment before heat came in from the next room.  A loud squakking could be heard from that cave.  "A phoenix, you say?  What's that?" she asked.  She had never heard of a Phoneix before, not when there are creatures like dragons and gryphons and shisas running around.  Perhaps she wasn't very familiar with all forms of mega fauna on Earthland.  Steam was clearly visible as it rose from her body and up into the air.  She felt like crap after spending so much energy.  But there ain't no rest for the wicked.

    Standing up, Anastasia turned and looked towards Nao with an appalled look on her face.  "Seriously?  This thing can go through the anti-air system?  That's not fair," she grumbled.  A lot of her fighting ability relied on her ability of flight and for something that could bypass it while leaving her grounded made her feel even more vulnerable.  But, with the information she gathered from the black tortoise, she should be able to fly around on her new armor.  And then, Nao took off like a bolt of lightning towards the next cavern.  It was then that Anastasia, along with the rest of her brave group, made chase after Nao.

    Arriving in the large cavern, the Phoenix made it's speech, spreading it's wings to send out a massive wave of heat towards the group.  And then it hit her.  Ashe stated that this would be the one that Ana would be responsible for.  She didn't do very well against fire, but at least it wasn't electricity.  "I guess," she said as she watched the creature began to fly around.  

    "Initiating Defensive Protocol," she said as her body began to glow a white color before her figure grew to something that none of the other members of her team have seen before.   She felt courage well up within her and clarity within her mind.  The armor turned and looked towards her party for a moment before transforming into it's fighter jet mode and started to pursue after the Phoenix.  

    "Do you dare to challenge me?  You are made of metal and I am the embodiment of fire!"  the Phoenix shouted out as it shot a beam of pure fire at Anastasia with the beam slowly cooking the armor.  However, the armor wasn't slowed down one bit as the nose of Anastasia's armor dug into the Phoenix's chest, knocking the wind out of it for a moment.  At a whim, Anastasia transformed into the Walker configuration and delivered a couple punches to the bird before using Shadow Step to whirl around the creature.  A light green aura surrounded Anastasia, healing off the initial beam of fire that the creature shot at her.  

    Anastasia moved her right elbow back before a bright light appeared in her palm.  The Phoenix spread it's wings, causing a massive wave of fire surrounding Anastasia, causing the fire to begin melting Anastasia's armor.

    << DANGER DANGER >>
    << ARMOR DAMAGE CRITICAL >>


    "Shut up, I know!" she shouted before the light within her hand enveloped her entire right hand.  Her glowing hand penetrated the wall of fire and grabbed the back of the Phoenix's neck and ignited her thrusters.  With a loud shout, she slammed herself and the Phoenix down into the ground.  After the intense slam into the ground, Anastasia's armor exploded, sending her flying back towards the tunnel where she came from.  Anastasia goes completely unconscious.


    WC:  17894/ 21000 Total
    #ScrewYourOCD
    HP:  70%
    MP:  65% - 15% (Aero-Guardian Armor) + 2% + 3% = 55%

    Spells Used:  
    - Plasma Graspers [4/6]
    - Plasma Grasper's Special ability:  Hand of God
    This only occurs for 1 action.  However, when the target is hit, they take B Rank damage as well as blocks a target's ability to use magic for 1 post.  This ability may only be used once per summoning this weapon.


    Spells on Cooldown:
    - Longinus Missiles [3/7] -- Ammo:  4/6 remaining 
    - Chaser Armor [3/6]
    - Silence Armor [1/4]
    OOC Note:  The bird is down!


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    [Character Approval] [Mechanized REquip Spells] [Dragons' Champion] [The Eye of Odin] [Bank]
    Wave your banner!  
    Join the Black Sails today!
    The Guild is Set to OPEN!  -- This means, feel free to join!

      Current date/time is 14th November 2018, 12:45 pm